• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 88 to TC1

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the Publish overall, but I DO hope that the Top Year Veteran Reward policy (to stop it at 15 years) will be reconsidered. I mean, imagine when UO will be 20 Years old and 20 Years old active account players will see them valued as prestigious customers by the Developers (for supporting the game for THAT long without any interruption !!!) JUST AS MUCH as 15 Years active account players,.... it plainly sucks and is a sound slap in the face of the oldest Veteran players
Or it's a slap in the face to new players, saying "haha, you'll never get the coolest rewards"

For the game to live on, there's going to have to be more new players than 17 year vets. I won't be getting on a ship with you as captain.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Here is something someone can test. I notice the Location:........ Now what if tames are release in an unnatural location and hunted for kills? Bear Trophy Location: Destard Dungeon. Turkey Trophy: The Labrynth Bull Trophy: Dot Isle. All coolness aside. After a creature is tamed it is reduced from it's wild stats. That would be another check on effect. Future scripter hunter with a tamed Bull in some quite corner kill rezing their pet.

So can unique locations be tagged?

Does reduced stat tames have a lower measures cap then wild creatures? Released Tames weaker?

Does a bonded tame produce the same weight every time while rez killing? Some RNG weight generator happening every time a corpse is created?

Just remembering when the new leathers and creature bonding came together. A tamer rez killing their redline dragon, nightmare or drake all around Brit bank leaving piles of hides everywhere.
Interesting question.

I took my bonded turkey to Fel Ice Island, had it attack a walrus and tried to document the corpse on my hunting permit and it said that it was not a valid kill.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
@Kyronix, this all looks awesome. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the one thing I don't see mentioned still is a fix to the dye stacking from a few publishes ago. It'll have been 2 or 3 now since then, and all the 1-charge ToT dyes and bleach still don't stack like they were supposed to.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Found a bug/glitch I think?

I documented a 760 stone grizzly EARLY this morning, I noticed now on the trophy it states the highest weight is only 550 Stones.

http://i61.***********/o6gxmd.png

I can't document it again because it says it's already been documented.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would probably be better for the game if the new mounts wernt a 15 year reward. 15 year accounts dont need gold, and its really dumb to choose a mount rather than a shield anyway.

new mounts would better serve the overall playerbase if they were 3 - 7 years, as the most people would benefit.

lets not kid ourselves, UO isnt exclusive anymore, its not about "being a vet" the status of the mounts has been removed anyway.

So i vote make the new mounts a low year.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like a very nice publish! Would like to post a few comments and questions about it:

Rewards can be redeemed by double clicking on the Huntmaster, and include,

• A Harvester’s Blade

• A Horn of Plenty

• A Reward Title Deed: Huntmaster’s Champion

• A Sash – “Member of the Skara Brae Ranger’s Guild”
Will the reward Horn of Plenty replenish its charges daily, even outside of the month of November? If yes, does it need to be locked down or secured in order to do so?

New Horn of Plenty Items

A new house plant has been added to the Horn of Plenty.

• The house plant must be locked down to grow.

• The house plant will grow each day on server up.

• Once the house plant has reached its full growth state, it will produce fruit.

• Fruit can be harvested from the house plant by double clicking on it.

• House plants are maintenance free.
Will existing Horns of Plenty / Cornucopias replenish their charges outside of the month of November?

2014 Holiday Items

Characters that are at least 30 days old that log in between 12/1/2014 12:01 AM ET and 1/1/2015 12:01 AM ET will receive a randomly hued gift box that contains the following:

• New green, blue, or gold fireplace.
This sounds like a nice gift. I hope, however, that it will not poke through the floor above where it is placed. Also, do you know yet whether it will act as a heat source for baking, cooking, and blowing glass?

Bug Fixes & Misc Changes
[*]
Magic items generated from treasure chests have had their base budgets increased based on the difficulty of the treasure chest.

[*]
The following items are now stackable: Grass & Snow Tiles, Pristine Dread Horn.

[*]
Trade Crates will now accept 1000 stones.

[*]
Paladins have returned to the City of Trinsic

[*]
Lifestealers now have the correct karma.

[*]
Delivering trade orders will no longer increase karma if it is locked.

[*]
VvV Sigil stolen stat is now tracking correctly.

[*]
Fixed issue with Runic Reforging budgets being incorrect.

[*]
House placement tool will now always display conformation gump

[/LIST]
Thank you for all of these!

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Found a bug/glitch I think?

I documented a 760 stone grizzly EARLY this morning, I noticed now on the trophy it states the highest weight is only 550 Stones.

http://i61.***********/o6gxmd.png

I can't document it again because it says it's already been documented.

Yes, there seems to be a problem with the highest documented kill remaining "documented"....

I myself had written down what the top kill was, so I wouldn't have to run back and forth. This is what I had written down yesterday
Turkey- 23 stone/same today
Grizzly Bear-760 stone/765 today
Cougar-216 stone /181 today?? should not be the highest
Grey Wolf-95 stone/89 today? should not be the highest
Boar-218 stone/151 today? should not be the highest
Walrus-3700 stone/3225 today? should not be the highest
Eagle-19 ft/18 ft today? should not be the highest
Alligator-27ft/now 25 ft? should not be the highest
Bull-2145 stone/1650 today? should not be the highest

*Unless 1 day on test was the 1 month and today it starts over..lol*

Last edited:

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would probably be better for the game if the new mounts wernt a 15 year reward. 15 year accounts dont need gold, and its really dumb to choose a mount rather than a shield anyway.

new mounts would better serve the overall playerbase if they were 3 - 7 years, as the most people would benefit.

lets not kid ourselves, UO isnt exclusive anymore, its not about "being a vet" the status of the mounts has been removed anyway.

So i vote make the new mounts a low year.

If account age/loyalty to UO was ALL that owners of older accounts cared about, then why not give them something that cannot be bought, sold or traded?

Give us a sash with the account age on it that changes color each year on our accounts anniversary. The sash colors should match the vet robe/cloak age colors.

You don't have to WEAR the sash, but if you really truly desire everyone to know how old you are and how loyal, you will.

:)

PS: Maybe we could have an ethy trade in box? Two old ethies in the box allows us to select a new one *EDIT* >>> without account age restrictions. So two ethies that I own that I dislike, unicorns, I could put into the box and get a tiger or hellhound or, what I really want, a cu sidhe ethy.

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I really love this Hunter quest, it will keep players busy trying to keep their name on the trophies.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix, this all looks awesome. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the one thing I don't see mentioned still is a fix to the dye stacking from a few publishes ago. It'll have been 2 or 3 now since then, and all the 1-charge ToT dyes and bleach still don't stack like they were supposed to.
This was actually fixed, was mistakenly omitted for the TC1 patch notes.

Along with a change to how Governor's names are displayed in election gumps, the Incumbent will have "Governor, " prepended before their name.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix Can you check the EC container gumps as when I open a bag from within my backpack or bank box it automatically sits behind the initially opened container. This started after the patch today

Edit: could well have been an issue with my client - just reset the container views and now cant replicate

Last edited:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHAT? What must be locked in a house? Scroll?
So we put book to backpack, put scroll on floor, lock it and add to book?
:coco:
Haha scroll inception...scroll must be locked down in scroll.

Nice! Hell hound sounds cool! Nice patch! :D
Figures you'd be first person to comment on what I planned to comment about :p

But does this mean they've abandoned Tigers? Or...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2,178 stones? Damn. A packhorse can carry 1600 stones, right?

Um, can we get a packbull?

Also, I must say the new hellhound mount looks amazing!!. I did manage to capture a picture earlier of Kyronix riding one View attachment 25582
re: bear -- that's a lot of fish!

I am not 100% for this hunter idea because I'm not into killing animals for sport (especially since animals have never been aggressive in UO, unless blackrock infested or otherwise). I don't really think it's cool to kill an eagle...unless it's an evil eagle, lol...I never liked to kill the Phoenix, either...that's his home, he lives there, and I'm just trying to get out of or to Delucia ;P but eh, does fit Thanksgiving well and is a significant quest/addition!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Huntmaster’s Challenge
I was thinking add players to it since I saw the grizzly bear stuffed, I want one of my characters stuffed just like that.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
This was actually fixed, was mistakenly omitted for the TC1 patch notes.

Along with a change to how Governor's names are displayed in election gumps, the Incumbent will have "Governor, " prepended before their name.
Woot! Between the dyes, the snow, and the grass, I think you just gave me the best gift of all... 1000 or so freed up lockdowns. :D
*ponders what else could be made stackable... Doom artis? :D*

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Woot! Between the dyes, the snow, and the grass, I think you just gave me the best gift of all... 1000 or so freed up lockdowns. :D
*ponders what else could be made stackable... Doom artis? :D*
Tasty Treats, Ant Goo... Ancient Pottery Fragments, tattered remnants of an ancient scroll.... Power crystals....

I could go on and on and on....

Now the next book I need is a Deed book... for the 800 deeds I have... something for Xmas gift tickets, anniversary tickets, the tons of tapestry deeds, the evil deco item deeds, the deeds from the heritage tokens, deeds from the Kings Collection, deeds from the smithing and tailoring bod rewards, deeds from the spring clean, deeds from crafting, etc...

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now the next book I need is a Deed book... for the 800 deeds I have... something for Xmas gift tickets, anniversary tickets, the tons of tapestry deeds, the evil deco item deeds, the deeds from the heritage tokens, deeds from the Kings Collection, deeds from the smithing and tailoring bod rewards, deeds from the spring clean, deeds from crafting, etc...
Let me continue: tokens book for storing transfer tokens, advanced char tokens, heritage item tokens, soulstone tokens and so on.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Let me continue: tokens book for storing transfer tokens, advanced char tokens, heritage item tokens, soulstone tokens and so on.
I don't need a book for those.... I'd be fine if they just stacked.

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets have turn boxes instead of books:

Turn in 5 gift towels with names you dont want, get one named for the character turning them in.
Turn in 5 plain gift boxes, get a random neon color same shape.
Turn in 2 ethies, (okay 5) choose one from a list, age restriction removed.
5 Snow globes choose from a list of city names.
5 Candlesticks...etc..

We would be able to get the items we WANT or complete our collections.

I do have a crapload of Heritage tokens though, so yes to a tokens book or let me turn in 50 of those for a name change token.

:)

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or it's a slap in the face to new players, saying "haha, you'll never get the coolest rewards"

For the game to live on, there's going to have to be more new players than 17 year vets. I won't be getting on a ship with you as captain.
OR.. its a THANK YOU for people staying with UO for 15 years + .. there's a thought

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Tasty Treats, Ant Goo... Ancient Pottery Fragments, tattered remnants of an ancient scroll.... Power crystals....

I could go on and on and on....

Aye, that would also make it so much easier to actually find the deed you want... last I tried listing them all, I gave up after 200 different types of things that could be in a deed. :p

Just to throw it out there, I'd also love to get desert/sand tiles, cave floor tiles, (non-functional) water tiles, lava/lavafall dye tubs, and tall mountain wall parts. :D

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

It's not game stopping for new players, that they can't have a mount, that is meant to honor a vet for many years of playing, it's not like the hellhound can do more than the horse, that is one years reward, it just look cool.
If it was not for the veteran players, there had not been a game to for the new players.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Lol, if you guys have so many tokens you need books in which to store them, you have way too much money

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Okay so there are a few issues with the new rewards.

The Fireplaces are VERY cool, love all three of them.

The Steam Powered Beverage Machine doesn't seem to do anything...either in your pack or locked/secured in a home, it says you are not allowed to access this.

Grinder only works in your pack, when locked down/secured in a home it says you are not allowed to access this.

Still poking at stuff :)

Figured out the beverage machine thanks to Nexus...works like an oven, you have to stand next to it to make beverages..DOH!

Also when you grind up the coffee pods, you get Coffee *Grinds*...should be coffee grounds...yes?

But I just made my first mug of coffee...very cool stuff! :)

Last edited:

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Larisa; I can not get my beverage machine to do anything!!, hell I even stood on top of it..hahha...did you have to add the coffee grounds to it, which I also tried and nothing happened..what am I doing wrong??

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Cool! Can I get a recipe for a caramel macchiato?
LOL sorry...only coffee, Tea or Hot Cocoa for now...maybe more in the future??

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use a cooking tool to get the beverage menu, I don't think the machine actually does anything... you DO need to stand next to it to make them though.

The hot cocoa recipe should drop the sugar, that's an expensive drink... (Or, better yet, let sugarcane give us seeds!)

The grinder needs to function while locked down...

The fireplaces are NOT considered a heat source for cooking :mad:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haha scroll inception...scroll must be locked down in scroll.

Figures you'd be first person to comment on what I planned to comment about :p

But does this mean they've abandoned Tigers? Or...
Oops. :p

I was never super keen on the tigers anyway. I only picked one out of novelty and only rode it for like a day heh.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not 100% for this hunter idea because I'm not into killing animals for sport (especially since animals have never been aggressive in UO, unless blackrock infested or otherwise). I don't really think it's cool to kill an eagle...unless it's an evil eagle, lol...I never liked to kill the Phoenix, either...that's his home, he lives there, and I'm just trying to get out of or to Delucia ;P but eh, does fit Thanksgiving well and is a significant quest/addition!
Could be to cull over populated herds? Though I would also prefer it to be at least hostile animals or more monstery animals. My current character is actually the only on I have ever had that kills animals regularly.

Grizzlys did used to attack you like in the first year if you got close to them. Wolves never did except dire wolves. Dire wolves, Gators, uhhh snakes and rats of course (for some reason) I think that's it.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Use a cooking tool to get the beverage menu, I don't think the machine actually does anything... you DO need to stand next to it to make them though.

The hot cocoa recipe should drop the sugar, that's an expensive drink... (Or, better yet, let sugarcane give us seeds!)

The grinder needs to function while locked down...

The fireplaces are NOT considered a heat source for cooking :mad:
Hmmm, I wonder if we can get new plants in the future, grow tea, peppermint, lemons, oranges, etc, and make various teas :)

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you get the gifts or the vet rewards? I don't get a vet reward gump when I log on (even tho I have picks left) and no present in my bag, even tho this char has been on the test shard for quite some time.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How do you get the gifts or the vet rewards? I don't get a vet reward gump when I log on (even tho I have picks left) and no present in my bag, even tho this char has been on the test shard for quite some time.
Go to WBB, all the rewards and gifts are lined up there, just double-click each one to get them.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question, regarding the new power scroll books / alacrity and Transcendence books.....any chance we could add scrolls to them if in our bank box as well as locked down in a house? I do have chars who play many shards and not all of them have houses, so I find myself at times living out of my bank box....being able to add scrolls I earn would be great;)
View attachment 25582
I second this request.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix Can you check the EC container gumps as when I open a bag from within my backpack or bank box it automatically sits behind the initially opened container. This started after the patch today

Edit: could well have been an issue with my client - just reset the container views and now cant replicate
Can confirm this bug, and it is still happening to me. Very annoying.

Schatzi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And the Fireplaces can be chopped...and will make awesome shelving
So loving all of these.

yadiman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's not game stopping for new players, that they can't have a mount, that is meant to honor a vet for many years of playing, it's not like the hellhound can do more than the horse, that is one years reward, it just look cool.
If it was not for the veteran players, there had not been a game to for the new players.
Ya, I'm not trying to make a big deal about it, but new players ARE going to feel unpleasant about it. And new players are NOT going to come here to voice their opinion.

Is there any other game that has a 10 year waiting period for cool stuff? Anyways, not that big a deal, but it's good that the dev team put a limit on it.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could be to cull over populated herds? Though I would also prefer it to be at least hostile animals or more monstery animals. My current character is actually the only on I have ever had that kills animals regularly.

Grizzlys did used to attack you like in the first year if you got close to them. Wolves never did except dire wolves. Dire wolves, Gators, uhhh snakes and rats of course (for some reason) I think that's it.
good point, dire wolves, gators, (nm giant toads what I'm thinking about lol), snakes...sewer rats... (regular rats don't, I know this well since there are so many sewer rats on the Vesper beach...because...we have sewers on the beach?)...so there are quite a few non-monsters...ish...well, (giant toads) are kinda different lol they are a little on the giant side...but i think they still count as animals versus classic playguide

but I do think they have a cull the herd quest...oh...maybe thinning
http://www.uoguide.com/Thinning_the_Herd

Last edited: