• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Origin event from Sept 20th

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I feel like others aren’t be fourth coming with there want for shard bound item I feel it’s because they will have to sell at a reasonable price and don’t want to

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And while Im on a rant who the hell really wanted NL I believe now player would rather have proper fixes, bugs fixed and PvP reworked correctly for once maybe Im wrong thought.
I reckon I'd rather have them working on something that will probably flop if it ever gets finished than have them break anything else. Proper fixes? PvP reworked? Engaging content? Yeah, no, not going to happen with this team. If I were you, I'd be glad they're working on something else.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately I’m not glad I have zero interest in NL

I wish they’d sell UO but that’s a pipe dream

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I feel like others aren’t be fourth coming with there want for shard bound item I feel it’s because they will have to sell at a reasonable price and don’t want to
Shard bound was designed to improve the local shard economy instead of being poached And transferred to ATL for higher gold prices. There’s some merit to it I guess,and I’ve never really been impacted by shard bound items. There’s always a way to get the items without expecting to be catered to.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lol how is it catering if somebody goes to another shard and buys something I just don’t get it other than greed no other reason I can think of that is logical

and on that I’m done

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Lol how is it catering if somebody goes to another shard and buys something I just don’t get it other than greed no other reason I can think of that is logical
It’s catering because he’s expecting them to change an item tag that he doesn’t like.
I assume because it impacts him transferring and selling at a markup. Though I’ll let him explain it.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
it doesn’t I played the content for the items.

im guessing his motive is gold markup from ATL.
This is exactly what it is. The guy won't even talk to me anymore because I proved it on the other forums 2 years ago. I got DMs from the guy saying that he can't find certain items on Europa, when I told him that I could find them and the price he'd have to pay, he told me the price is ridiculous.

I got the DMs, I can't post them here.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
This is exactly what it is. The guy won't even talk to me anymore because I proved it on the other forums 2 years ago. I got DMs from the guy saying that he can't find certain items on Europa, when I told him that I could find them and the price he'd have to pay, he told me the price is ridiculous.

I got the DMs, I can't post them here.
I know a few players that made a lot of gold doing it, and good for them I guess. I never had interest in it. But it left large holes in some shards economies due to lack of items from being transferred off shard.

does it make me feel bad for them because they shared bound more items? Not at all.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It's not that he can't find the stuff, it's that he can't find it at a price that he thinks is fair, so he wants the devs to change the game for him. My guess is that he pays cash for his gold and doesn't want to pony up.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
It's not that he can't find the stuff, it's that he can't find it at a price that he thinks is fair, so he wants the devs to change the game for him. My guess is that he pays cash for his gold and doesn't want to pony up.
It wouldn’t surprise me if RMT was involved but I avoided the topic because I know at one point it was a touchy subject on here.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Someone should tell this guy that instead of whining about the stuff being shardbound, he should be making a post offering people gold for the sets that he wants on the shard that he wants them on for the next event. Then tell him that he sucks as a collector... from me.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
My good Lord, you are in error on one point: it is IMPOSSIBLE to complete a collection if the Items one lacks simply are NOT AVAILABE on a specific Shard, as is for the SB D.E. Drops.
You can see the difference with the previous events (Kotl, Doom, Enchanted Origin, Cult & Fellowship ). I still lack many pieces of that Sets, but I'm confident that I can be able to find them someday, because they can be MOVED AROUND, wheras, e.g., if on Europe there aren't (as it is) anymore Armor Pieces from the "Undead Kin" Limited Events that can be bought, it is ABSURD that I can't move on that Shard the ones that I have bought on another Shard!
Do you happen to own the Dagger Island Armor Museum on Europa? Truely a site to behold.

I am pretty familiar with Europa and am confident that you can find what you are looking for in time. Yes time. Building relationships, Knowing who has what in their collections, and for sure keeping an eye on the idocs here and there.

Buying a bunch of SB pieces on Atlantic and then complaining that you can't get them home? Well that doesn't seem like the brightest idea but I am not here to judge that. You knew what you were buying from the start and that you would not be able to transport it home. Probably wasn't your best collector move but hey we all have had some expensive educations in trading over our lifetimes.

*Surprised to see your pony walked in a wide circle and returned. Orients him towards Europa and give him a nice slap on the flanks to get him going.*

A guick search on Europa showed about a dozen "of the three" Pieces for sale all 5mil of less. Just a heads up for ya.

*Winks, gives you a nod, and touches his hat as a little wave to travel safe*

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Do you happen to own the Dagger Island Armor Museum on Europa? Truely a site to behold.

I am pretty familiar with Europa and am confident that you can find what you are looking for in time. Yes time. Building relationships, Knowing who has what in their collections, and for sure keeping an eye on the idocs here and there.

Buying a bunch of SB pieces on Atlantic and then complaining that you can't get them home? Well that doesn't seem like the brightest idea but I am not here to judge that. You knew what you were buying from the start and that you would not be able to transport it home. Probably wasn't your best collector move but hey we all have had some expensive educations in trading over our lifetimes.

*Surprised to see your pony walked in a wide circle and returned. Orients him towards Europa and give him a nice slap on the flanks to get him going.*

A guick search on Europa showed about a dozen "of the three" Pieces for sale all 5mil of less. Just a heads up for ya.

*Winks, gives you a nod, and touches his hat as a little wave to travel safe*
Dear Lord,

No, that fantastic Museum is property of another Europa player (present here on Stratics too).

I have something similar (in the number of Items), but is all packed on ATL, where, as you well knows, it is impossible to have the proper space to display a great number of Armor Sets without paying INSANE amounts of Gold.

Beside this, alas you reasoning has some fallacy:

1) not "a bunch" of pieces, but hundreds of them;
2) I buy where the item are sold, and on Europa the vast mayority of them are not and never have been for sale: that "dozen" otThree pieces you speak of are always the same, but try to find there, e.g., a Leat Tonlet or a Female Leather Armor for ANY of the SN ToT Events. It is IMPOSSIBLE, notwhitstanding all the "relationships" one could build.

Lastly, the main point still remains another, of principle: the SBonding of the the ToT equipment Drops after the end of an Event is beneficial for NO-ONE and damaging for many, so it has to go.

Last edited:

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran

and on that I’m done
Exactly.

People like him want to be the sole arbiters of the Prices in their backwater Low Pop Shards, but the greedy ones are the ones who say that Trade have to be as open as possible, in and intra Shards.

Thay want to put limits to Free Market for their own gain only, but they still have the gall to call themselves Capitalists... :cool::D:D:D

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Exactly.

People like him want to be the sole arbiters of the Prices in their backwater Low Pop Shards, but the greedy ones are the ones who say that Trade have to be as open as possible, in and intra Shards.

Thay want to put limits to Free Market for their own gain only, but they still have the gall to call themselves Capitalists... :cool::D:D:D
The only healthy economy in game is the closed one..

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Exactly.

Nah, I just dont need devs to adjust ingame items to sell at a markup in a different shard. To note my main shard is Great Lakes.

:next:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah so you're like Pawain you ignore facts
Has more to do with it is all fel and has a handful of players.

Players trade Atl gold for Seige gold and vise versa. I trade gifts and tokens there for LS ones.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does even one plat exist there?
More of an unpopular place to play than economy. Every speck of gold came from the game. Dupers do not dupe where there is not a market. I'm sure Vic is platiful. :devil:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shard bound is a new thing considering we are 26 years old its only been a few years now

The ones that want SB are the ones wanting to be catered to not us we want it changed back to how it was.

It doesn't help the community at all it hurts it the gold leaves anyways and know helps small shards out now killing difficult spawns
If its truly about the community then make everything account bound only including em event items ...
Or all SB items that sell the gold becomes SB let see how many are against that.
Have special vendors that you can only put SB items on and the gold becomes SB
SB items cant be traded only the account that gets them can put them down and pick them up and use them.

So you say he can find the items but doesn't want to pay the high prices ? like i said greed over charging for items and stopping him from purchasing them at a reasonable price else where

How come blue corn armor, phoenix armor , queen dawn armor, ranger armor, etc are not SB and sells for far more than event armor if your worried about not making gold ? I have tons of older event armor form different events none is SB

Everyone is hiding behind small shard communicant and you all now its BS, why aren't you asking to making all the gold SB
better yet the EM items ?

All you SB supporters are greedy and power hungry and you know it has nothing to do with helping anyone but yourselves.

We all play differently I don't like your play style at all and don't wont to be forced into it just to collect items that has no impact to the game its just deco

If he wants to shard hope collecting items for set then sells that set for a good profit so what your just mad because you couldn't rip him off then right?

Like he said your all against capitalism what you want is a monopoly on items and prices almost every country even has laws/rules against that.

So ya the only people being babied and catered to is the SS SB peeps total greed driven

I found most items on ATL are far cheaper than my home shard Pac So stop using ATL as the bad guys they have a far better economy than other shards because of the competition. Small shards don't have any competition and try to charge insane amounts because they can.. talk about community right ?

And while im here shard shields should not be account bound its unfair to others imho (I have 32 so dont start)

I bet you SB peeps also are against newbie accounts using vet rewards as well lol narcissistic greedy power tripping logic ......

I had a lot of points to make but I don't feel its worth it you all have picked a side that benefits you and you'll make accuses to protect your secret interest and pretend to be doing it for others.

1696015209527.png

:sad2:

Last edited:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Shard bound is a new thing considering we are 26 years old its only been a few years now

The ones that want SB are the ones wanting to be catered to not us we want it changed back to how it was.

It doesn't help the community at all it hurts it the gold leaves anyways and know helps small shards out now killing difficult spawns
If its truly about the community then make everything account bound only including em event items ...
Or all SB items that sell the gold becomes SB let see how many are against that.
Have special vendors that you can only put SB items on and the gold becomes SB
SB items cant be traded only the account that gets them can put them down and pick them up and use them.

So you say he can find the items but doesn't want to pay the high prices ? like i said greed over charging for items and stopping him from purchasing them at a reasonable price else where

How come blue corn armor, phoenix armor , queen dawn armor, ranger armor, etc are not SB and sells for far more than event armor if your worried about not making gold ? I have tons of older event armor form different events none is SB

Everyone is hiding behind small shard communicant and you all now its BS, why aren't you asking to making all the gold SB
better yet the EM items ?

All you SB supporters are greedy and power hungry and you know it has nothing to do with helping anyone but yourselves.

We all play differently I don't like your play style at all and don't wont to be forced into it just to collect items that has no impact to the game its just deco

If he wants to shard hope collecting items for set then sells that set for a good profit so what your just mad because you couldn't rip him off then right?

Like he said your all against capitalism what you want is a monopoly on items and prices almost every country even has laws/rules against that.

So ya the only people being babied and catered to is the SS SB peeps total greed driven

I found most items on ATL are far cheaper than my home shard Pac So stop using ATL as the bad guys they have a far better economy than other shards because of the competition. Small shards don't have any competition and try to charge insane amounts because they can.. talk about community right ?

And while im here shard shields should not be account bound its unfair to others imho (I have 32 so dont start)

I bet you SB peeps also are against newbie accounts using vet rewards as well lol narcissistic greedy power tripping logic ......

I had a lot of points to make but I don't feel its worth it you all have picked a side that benefits you and you'll make accuses to protect your secret interest and pretend to be doing it for others.

View attachment 147396

:sad2:
:violin:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Time for you reach that other psycho on the Ignore list. Life is too short to waste time reading the Posts of "persons" in bad faith.

So long.
Good luck with your “business”.