• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TSO Money Wipe Petition -PLEASE READ!!!

S

Simsaholic

It's a crying shame that people get jumped on whenever they go against the "Maxis can do NO wrong" grain. Those of US who DON'T like the idea of the inevitable money wipe pay each month for the game just as those who agree with whatever Maxis does pays for the game. Each of our opinions have a right to be heard WITHOUT the sarcastic remarks I've seen in these topics.
I personally disagree with ALOT of what MAXIS is doing & think they are making a mess of TSO. "EA Land" indeed. I can agree with merging the 2 TC's (WHY they made 2 of them makes NO sense to ME), but not all the other cities.
All they had to do to make SOME of us happy was stop making the rares so darned rare, give us NEW categories & objects (btw WTH is custom content good for?!), deliver the anniversary gifts ON TIME, let our Mystic Trees ripen a bit faster, & let our skills build FASTER when skilling & that would eliminate boredom & the need for gazillionaires.
I'm no expert but that's MY opinion.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't expect anyone to respect my opinions nor was I being rude when saying mine. I was stating facts. Facts that it seems many people haven't considered. At first when I heard about all of this, I was mad, I didn't want my money wiped. But after learning all the facts, I completely 100% agree with the wipe.
I don't see how anyone should be able to honestly complain about their money being wiped when they know all the facts and the reasoning behind it. The facts and the reasoning alone make it so that there is no reason anyone has the right to say anything about it. You can take that as rude all you want, but it's not. It's facts. Facts don't lie. I don't need you to respect my opinion, but you can't honestly say the facts lie. That's all I have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find it hard to understand how someone who claims to easily recognize *fact*, can be so blind to *rude, condescending, insensitive, insulting, inconsiderate, and belligerant*.
And what about this:
<blockquote><hr>

The facts and the reasoning alone make it so that there is no reason anyone has the right to say anything about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shirley, you can't be serious - aren't you one of the many that have beaten the drum for the right to have an opinion?

Jumping on people with both feet is not going to change their minds anymore than their complaints will change EA's.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The facts and the reasoning alone make it so that there is no reason anyone has the right to say anything about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact is, everyone has the right to an opinion and the right to express their opinion, <u>regardless</u> of the facts.

Furthermore, everyone has the right to have their opinion discussed in a respectful manner. That is why it is the first rule of the Rules of Conduct.

You (general use) can disagree, debate, rebut or wave your arms in the air all you want, but do it in a respectful manner.

F

frogger2

only employees support the wipe thats what thier told to say....no one that plays this game honestly wants to see thier hard earned sim bucks go bye bye. those that are for the wipe has nothing to start with anyways and has nothing to lose by the way of a money wipe. I myself rarely ever have more then a mill in any of my 3 sims, but thats enough for a few remodels and to feed the guests and once inawhile hold a contest or 2....so much for playing the game for fun lol. I for one am not in favor of the money wipe. who happens to be a true player of tso for almost 5yrs. say ribbit now frogger of av bf and tc3

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yeah, yeah, yeah: we could vote with our pocketbooks and quit. Don't bother replying to this post if that is your solution. For me, I am paying the subscription to hold on to my connection with Bindy, PB Three, Doodlebug, Betty, CntryGrl, Cherri, -- well, INSERT YOUR NAME HERE if we are friends because I would miss you too much if I couldn't find you in game. We've all had our ups and downs, shared rl and game lives, and the thread of friendship ties us here. It isn't the bells and whistles of this game, the marvelous chairs, the pictures on a stick, or the touted future, but our pasts, that keep me paying my subscription

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just because I am blonde here, but I don't understand why that would be your only reason to keep paying your subscription. The friendships I made in game....the GENUINE ones that is, the kind you are talking about and not the 'fair weather' variety, carried on even when I took my very long break from the game and didn't have my account. I traded yahoo IDs with some, e-mail addresses, and even RL phone numbers and addresses with some if the friendships were close enough to warrant that kind of personal sharing of information. I don't understand why you need a game to maintain a REAL friendship, or why if you're this upset about having to start over in TSO you couldn't gather up those that you are close to and all go to a different game together if you enjoyed the comraderie of playing together, particularly since you've stated time and time again that you're not even sure the new TSO is going to be a game you're going to enjoy anyway. Some support groups have defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.....isn't that sort of what complaining about something, particularly when you've acknowledged that you KNOW you're beating the proverbial dead horse, is? I can understand voicing an opposing opinion about it for a while, in the hopes that maybe, just maybe one day the right person will hear you and minds will get changed about the issue and decisions reversed, but really on this issue I think we're way beyond that, and further comiseration lamenting the things we're not gonna have and going to lose isn't going to be anything but self-defeating....and if I was in that boat then I know for me it'd be time to say goodbye, even if it was a tearful and awful goodbye, to the game and I also know that doing so wouldn't result in me losing any of the friends that I have grown to adore in the last 5 years....and that if it did then it meant they were not really as good friends as I thought they were, and yeah it might hurt to lose those people, but in the end I'd be better off for it. Cliches become cliches for a reason....the two that fit here the most for me are 'no pain, no gain' and 'the only thing constant in life is change'. Change isn't easy, but there's also a reason that 'growing pains' were given that particular name too, I think, right?

Don't get me wrong Dali, you are truly one of the few people in game that I would be very sad to see go, but more than that I want to see you happy, and lately it doesn't seem like you've been too happy with things in the game as they are, so maybe it's time to at least find other things that will make you happy in addition to, if not instead of, TSO?

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Don't get me wrong Dali, you are truly one of the few people in game that I would be very sad to see go, but more than that I want to see you happy, and lately it doesn't seem like you've been too happy with things in the game as they are, so maybe it's time to at least find other things that will make you happy in addition to, if not instead of, TSO?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww, thanks for saying you'd be sorry to see me go, Carrie.

I am far from being unhappy! I am a believer in speaking up, and speaking out when I have an opinion. I don't pin my happiness on the outcome. I have actually changed my opinion at times when someone with an alternative view argues a point to me. Here on Stratics I have gained understanding, and even when I don't agree, I like seeing why people feel differently than I.

Shhhh...don't tell anyone: sometimes I even like playing the devil's advocate to see what views are out there.

And, honestly -- my happiness does not correlate with this game. No offense to EA, but I only spend 0.50% of my day thinking about this game.

I don't want to stray OT, but I will just say that it is different having friends IN this game than out. There is something about TSO that isn't replicated in IMs or email. I think it has to do with having a virtual place to visit. I can be a guest at my friends' TSO "homes" while we have virtual coffee together. You know what I mean. And, some people who are friends in this game would not be friends outside. There is a sociology article, if not a book, in that last thought.

P

PB Three

I'll always stand by my friends! Whatever it takes!! Friends like this come about by accident.

I'll say this openly: If it weren't for Dali, Bindy. Cherri Bear and so on, I wouldn't be playing TSO still.

I'll be here to the very end if you do also, my great friends!

I came up with the following quote during the golden age of TSO and it applies to the current level of TSO uncertainty.

"Life is like a soda, enjoy it to the last drop." - PB Three

XOXOXO to all my friends

PB Three

M

Meggers

only employees support the wipe thats what thier told to say....no one that plays this game honestly wants to see thier hard earned sim bucks go bye bye. those that are for the wipe has nothing to start with anyways and has nothing to lose by the way of a money wipe. I myself rarely ever have more then a mill in any of my 3 sims, but thats enough for a few remodels and to feed the guests and once inawhile hold a contest or 2....so much for playing the game for fun lol. I for one am not in favor of the money wipe. who happens to be a true player of tso for almost 5yrs. say ribbit now frogger of av bf and tc3
------------------------------------

I have spent all 200 million of my money on pet pulls and buying all new appliances. If they don't wipe the money I'm sure I could sell rare pets on the other side of the merge but I won't do it because I will cancel all 4 of my accounts if they cancel the money wipe.

G

<blockquote><hr>

only employees support the wipe thats what thier told to say....no one that plays this game honestly wants to see thier hard earned sim bucks go bye bye.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not an employee and I support the wipe. I honestly want to see my hard earned simoleans go bye bye.

G

The ONLY FACT is they are wiping our money, everything else seems to change daily and no Real facts are out there. As far as lowering everything, new creations and the people merging from TC won't have money to even feed themselfs oops there is ANOTHER FACT oh wait that is because they are wiping ALL our money so same fact. They have not lowered the price of the maid, gardener, nor repairman yet. Ok now what if they decide its time for the bills to come in? What happens to those from tc? Guess the repo man will be busy. Unless there are more FACTS FROM THE DEV. THAT ARE in place you can't possibly be putting ALL THE FACTS in your thread. Right now I believe we are told things that do change daily so these are not facts until its actually put in the game and even then subject to change.

G

Nothing is stopping you from giving those simoleans to others at the moment. I myself wouldn't mind a few more pulls at gettin more rares. ok back to what i really want to say.. I understand in order to charge us for simoleans they would have to wipe us clean, but we should get something. We will have houses moving with us, but won't even be able to put food for ourselfs nor guests, won't be able to call a repairman, a gardener let alone will have to fire our maids too. (Gee thats 3 professions out of a job from each house that merges from TC and All the professions will be out of work. when its EALAND..sounds like USA don't it) Our poor pets won't even be able to eat cuz of the $15 each time (if you don't have a pet feeder, which new creates won't be able to afford) So, this is just a small reason why I don't want to see all our money wiped. Glad i filled all my pet feeders in TC, poor Names will be able to eat something since he refuses to work lol. (Will have to hide all my rares from him especially the kittens) Gosh, this reminds me of other stories in USA the aged eating cat food and dog food since they can't afford to buy food. So again NO I don't want to see all our money wiped and surely not HAPPY about it. OH yes GUESS we won't be able to put our lights on either if we get bills since we won't be able to pay the electric bill.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone can plainly see where things are going. Cut the ability to earn money to ziltch, wipe everyone clean of their cash, offer the ability to buy cash from EA...hmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that were all that was happening, then I would agree with you. But it is not. Someone already mentioned that catalog prices have been cut (more than once, I believe). Plus the ability to create your own objects to sell.

Wiping simoleans and offering simoleans for sale by EA are only 2 parts of the economic overhaul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes well prices being cut doesnt help much when you still make such a speck of cash. They can lower all the want and its still not going to help those dirt poor sims. I think they should install a Sim Salvation Army and a Welfare office while they are at it. Oh and a soup kitchen would be a good idea as well.

The ability to create objects to sell is yet another road block if you dont first have the cash in order to make those objects.

See Milton no matter how you try to word it, it all comes down to the simple fact having our money wiped will put most of us in the virtual poor house without a pot to pee in.

If something isnt done to adjust the amounts we are able to earn I dont see how we are expected to survive unless we play 24/7 at a money house. Which I dont find a very fun prospect.

The major shame of all of this is there is no speaking your mind in Stratics without people just itching to jump all over you for it. If one does not follow blindly and blissfully then its stomp on that person time. I'm not about to be a follower and bow down and lick toes because "OMG they are saving the game so whatever they do is okie dokie by me". If I feel something is upsetting me or I have a strong feeling against something happening I will voice my opinion. In this case I feel wiping all of our cash is wrong. I would have agreed to a partial wipe but a total wipe is an extreme that IMO isnt needed. Yes, its my opinion and not everyones and thats fine I can live with that fact...can you?

G

Fact: The prices of catalog items in TC3 have been lowered by 80% so far.
Fact: They are wiping money of everyone who merges.

So this poor house you speak of of, I don't see it ever existing. When they are reducing those prices. Now the price of services(i.e. gardener, maid, repair man) maybe you should bring that to the devs attention. There are somethings they don't know about. For instance, thanks to Gracie Nito, the price of spotlight charging got lowered, but only after she brought it to their attention. I think the food is relatively cheap, not to mention that time and time again I have heard the devs in the pub state we will be able to keep food in the fridge for the merge. The money wipe isn't the only thing that is set in stone, the merge is also set in stone, just not when it will happen. I will not support anything that goes against the money wipe. They can take what little simoleans I have left. I spent it all over a month ago. And no, I'm not an employee either.

G

I have to disagree bindy. To make the most money, don't go to a money house, go to a sim job. They pay the most and you will make the most off of them. You won't have to work 24/7 to keep up. That is just my opinion. I don't like the sim jobs, but they will keep me in supply of plenty of money to live off of. This poor house isn't going to be so poor.

N

NightFlyer

Just a thought... why would we do something in a game (like sim jobs) that we don't like just to get by when they have other options available?

Why not just bring back group dynamics on individual money objects and make them pay worth our time?

EA really needs to re-think their logic on this one.

BTW... I have no problem with the money wipe as long as we have options to make new money in a way we find fun.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just a thought... why would we do something in a game (like sim jobs) that we don't like just to get by when they have other options available?

[/ QUOTE ]

Starting over, in ANY game, is rarely 'fun'. There's always some little tedious something you have to do first before you can get to the 'fun' parts of playing the actual game. The most tedious part of this game is skilling, AT LEAST they are not wiping avatars and all and just giving us our skill locks back so that people have to go skill and THEN have to go spend hours in a money house or at sim jobs to rebuild their fortune. Maybe if they pulled an old April Fools and told us that as a result of all this pancakes that that is what they decided to do, people would realize that we don't have it so bad after all, or would just quit the game all together.....but either way this childish pancakes would be over with.

I don't remember who said it, but somebody said that nobody who's played this game for 5 years WANTS to see their simoleans go bye-bye, and they are probably right. I don't think anybody really does *like* that it's gonna happen. But part of maturity, which is really what seems to be lacking in some, is accepting some things that you don't like so that you can get some things that you do. None of us are ever going to get everything we want, but some of us are choosing to be happy anyway with what we have. Bindy, if feeling that way makes you call me Dr. Phil from now on, then fine, at least it's not a name that would be caught by the censors like I've been called before

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Jackiee, Milton, we all have our opinions, but it seems that neither of you have been playing TSO as much as Dali, Bindy and I have over the last 5 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot begin to put into words just how far from the truth your assumption is.

[/ QUOTE ]
x

How in the world did I get brought up here when I haven't logged to stratics in like 5 days *giggles*
Plus you may make Milton angry by lumping us together, he doesn't' fancy me very much

I have never canceled an account. Even when I thought the game was closing I Held on to it. In hope maybe of a new game (slight hope) but either way this game was something special to me.

Maybe I do not scream it in every post I make like many do here, but this game holds a lot of meaning for a lot of people.

I feel sentimental too, about elementary school, but when it's time to move on it's time to move on.

EA is moving on from that failure of a wonderfully sentimental game, and progressing in a game that many of the oldbies can enjoy, but hopefully some newbies too.

The people who still love this game is such a small percetnage of the people who have showed they no longer love this game by taking away their subscriptions and going elsewhere or not going at all.

I have read stratics for years.
Topics that were brought up and heated in the past were as follows:
Wipe all the money because of the evil dirty botters: Being done.
Merge all cities: Being done.
Implement Custom Content: Being Done
Lower prices for clothing and such: Being Done
Making it so jobs were actually worth doing: kinda being done, right?
Making the game being free: Sorta being done.

Actually I can go on for days with this, so many changes that the collective "WE" have been asking for all the time I've been reading this forum.

But a few people are pissed.

/shrugs

I say let them be pissed.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Just tagging last.

I'm sorry but I just don't see these poor houses you are talking about. With all of the price reductions in TC3 it is very easy to live comfortably if you choose to earn money.

I've started new sims in TC3 with nothing but the $100 start up funds and have not had any problems keeping them from the poor house. Sims moving from TC to TC3 with no money will have a much better start because you already have homes filled with everything you could ever possibly need. This will be the same case when everyone merges from old cities to EALand.

As I understand it, the next update in TC3 will bring another price cut to objects as well as a reduction in food costs. Sarah mentioned in the pub last week that they will be re-introducing multi-player bonus on single money objects as well as a slight increase in pizza payouts to bring it up to the level of code.

With the lower cost of objects , people may want to check the repair costs on those objects before hiring a repairman for $50 an hour. There will be times when it may be cheaper for you to repair it yourself. As for hiring maids and gardners, I've always thought that was a waste of money. I'd rather clean house myself than pay some idiot fake maid to do it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sarah mentioned in the pub last week that they will be re-introducing multi-player bonus on single money objects

[/ QUOTE ]
Now yer talkin'! [thumbsup]

C

calvinscreeksim

<blockquote><hr>

See Milton no matter how you try to word it, it all comes down to the simple fact having our money wiped will put most of us in the virtual poor house without a pot to pee in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pee in the bush and use some leaves, those are free.

As for poor sims, when in any point in life game or not, is there complete satisfaction and everyone living in a utopian society? There will never be that correct? There can be salvation army's, mess halls, support networks, fundraisers 24/7 365 days a year and nothing will completely be solved. Make a differnece by crafting those pet feeders in up-teen quantities and hand them out to the "needy" BEFORE the merge. Don't buy simoleans, wait for others to buy them. The when they buy your CC items in your shop you will have your money and no reason to complain.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sarah mentioned in the pub last week that they will be re-introducing multi-player bonus on single money objects

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good news for those of us who don't like group money objects, I still want to be able to use them on non money lots too though.

I think, considering the fact they cut our pays so drastically, they should also cut the pay of the NPC workers.

I also think they need to take a look at repair costs, they are outrageous and need to be adjusted to fit the new poor life economy. For example, and yeah these were in TC3 a couple of days ago:
http://i14.***********/6qc88yw.jpg http://i16.***********/6t115kz.jpg

As for the topic of this thread, I have always been for a partial money wipe, a wipe of the exploit money. I am not, nor ever will be, for a total wipe of hard earned simoleans. It's not right that those in TC3 keep their thousands and in some cases millions, while TC players are emptied out of all they worked (played) for for years. I also realize it will do no good to post about it, because the powers that be have decided and there is no swaying them about it. If they actually have a good reason for this decision, they should speak up, for it's leaving many people very angry. This is not the same as everyone starting with wiped money in EA Land. This is two test cities merging where one gets to keep their money, the other doesn't. It really makes no difference to me at this point, I've already pet pulled and given away most of what I had in TC. Now I'm just waiting to replace the appliances that break way too often once I have some indication the merge might actually take place soon.

M

MandiK

Ughh yea I hate repair costs on some stuff. The crafted computers always are way too high, and I would hire a repairman if he didnt just come in the daytime. Thats pretty inconvenient when people need fun.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Make a differnece by crafting those pet feeders in up-teen quantities and hand them out to the "needy" BEFORE the merge. Don't buy simoleans, wait for others to buy them. The when they buy your CC items in your shop you will have your money and no reason to complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too much like a real solution and would take away the fun that it's obvious some of these guys are having when they complain, dontcha know? [laugh. Seriously, there's all kinds of ways to work with the changes instead of fighting against them, since we are well beyond the point that fighting against them, at least in this manner, is gonna make any kind of real difference. But folks have to be willing to do it, and it's clear to me that some aren't. They want to be told that *their* opinion is important enough for the huge corporation of EA to change their collective minds and go in a completely different direction from the way they've decided to go. It seems to me though at this point that is very unrealistic, and even in some cases grandiose thinking....there's not enough people who feel that way to make that kind of change, and I'm not even really sure if EVERYBODY unanimously felt that way that EA would change their mind on this particular point.

People have said that this is the place to voice your opinion when you do or don't like something.....and they are right, to a point. Our opinions and feelings on things do change the devs minds sometimes, but other things are non-negotiable. This merge is one of those things. They did not ask our opinions on the merge, and they do not care what our opinions are on it. That's the cold reality. So all the kicking and screaming in the world isn't going to do one bit of good, it will only do two things. It will fill you with bitterness and resentment (which we have watched it do to several of the people around us who were once very positive people) and it will make the environment around here less enjoyable (again, something we've watched happen in the last few months, even when we thought CH could GET no more hostile).

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

As for hiring maids and gardners, I've always thought that was a waste of money. I'd rather clean house myself than pay some idiot fake maid to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that way at one time. There are times -- hosting a party or other big event, running a busy house alone -- when the NPCs are a boon. Also, the repairman costs a fraction of what it costs to repair myself, even when I have high mech, and he can locate broken items that can take 'forever' to locate manually. Of course, I REALLY wanted a robo cat, but all I got during my personal money wipe pulling pets was cheetahs.

I once thought hiring other players to fill the NPC jobs would be a good idea, but they are ALWAYS (in my experience) a flash in the pan. I was never able to count on a "real" worker to show up consistently, or to do a good job.

Count me in as one who will miss being able to hire help.

P

PB Three

Same here, I kept my account because of my sim in TC1. Being well over 500 days old when I started taking boredom breaks.

I honestly don't do jobs in TC3 or wherever, it's stressful or deadly or both. Plus, once the merge takes place, I'll have my grand estate and a tidy sum of money in my main TC3 sim that can transfer.

I honestly hadn't noticed the price drop until I decided to look for it. Wow! It is at least 50% less (the morrocan bed is about 75% less).

I look forward to seeing how TC3 works once it is merged with TC1. I must say, the sooner the better, devs.

I think I ought to sign on now, my friend is probably waiting for me.

PB Three

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

As for hiring maids and gardners, I've always thought that was a waste of money. I'd rather clean house myself than pay some idiot fake maid to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I felt that way at one time. There are times -- hosting a party or other big event, running a busy house alone -- when the NPCs are a boon. Also, the repairman costs a fraction of what it costs to repair myself, even when I have high mech, and he can locate broken items that can take 'forever' to locate manually. Of course, I REALLY wanted a robo cat, but all I got during my personal money wipe pulling pets was cheetahs.

I once thought hiring other players to fill the NPC jobs would be a good idea, but they are ALWAYS (in my experience) a flash in the pan. I was never able to count on a "real" worker to show up consistently, or to do a good job.

Count me in as one who will miss being able to hire help.

[/ QUOTE ]

You forget with the lower cost of objects, repairs cost alot less now

N

names

Now the price of services(i.e. gardener, maid, repair man) maybe you should bring that to the devs attention. There are somethings they don't know about. For instance, thanks to Gracie Nito, the price of spotlight charging got lowered, but only after she brought it to their attention.

================================================================================================

forgive my ignorance but i was always under the impression that the Dev's actualy played in the game, and have done so for a long time maybe even back in the beginning. So are you suggesting that they dont know whats happening, or what they have on their agenda's or what they are doing.

I prefer to believe that they do in fact listen to the complaints put forward, the fact their responses to many of the criticisms about merge / money swipes etc. may not always, satisfy everyone. It would help if we did have the Dev's to respond at times rather than second hand information or misinformation being bandied about on these boards.

I am not an employee of the game either, but I guess as a member I have the right to complain, so whether they swipe or not will be in their hands. What will be in my hands is whether I agree to the changes that happen and put away my real life credit card if I dont like it.

But I must point out that the idea, I move from TC with no money and be expected to try run a size 8 property is just wrong. If we are supposed to be playing on a level playing field, a wipe of money is the answer and should happen in TC3 as well. OR. At the most 10K, something that all those who created in TC3 enjoyed.

Lets all live in poverty, as its from the poorest communities that we find people supporting each other.

N

names

Pee in the bush and use some leaves, those are free.

As for poor sims, when in any point in life game or not, is there complete satisfaction and everyone living in a utopian society? There will never be that correct? There can be salvation army's, mess halls, support networks, fundraisers 24/7 365 days a year and nothing will completely be solved. Make a differnece by crafting those pet feeders in up-teen quantities and hand them out to the "needy" BEFORE the merge. Don't buy simoleans, wait for others to buy them. The when they buy your CC items in your shop you will have your money and no reason to complain.

==================================================================================================

I think you missed the humour in mianames post

""Our poor pets won't even be able to eat cuz of the $15 each time (if you don't have a pet feeder, which new creates won't be able to afford) So, this is just a small reason why I don't want to see all our money wiped. Glad i filled all my pet feeders in TC, poor Names will be able to eat something since he refuses to work lol. (Will have to hide all my rares from him especially the kittens) Gosh, this reminds me of other stories in USA the aged eating cat food and dog food since they can't afford to buy food""

I would like to stress that going under a bush to pee isnt that funny at this time of year as I only have a holly bush with any leaves on it. Seeing that I will have no money I will need the fig leaves. Well until momi gives us our overdue tree's.

and as regards to the pet feeders she better not sell or give my dinners away ,, I'm getting used to the taste of it with pasta sauce its simply scrumcious.

on serious side those who know mianames would know she isnt at all money orientated, in fact has always supported people whether by giving size 8 lots fully fitted, money, crafted objects or simply teaching them free.

Although i know my wallet always feels lighter in the mornings....................

G

<blockquote><hr>

You forget with the lower cost of objects, repairs cost alot less now

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish you would read up a little further in this very thread where I show, with screenshots, that repair costs have not come down yet in TC3 and really need to be adjusted accordingly to match the poor life economy we are being forced to live.

Remember, they lowered the cost of crafting but forgot to lower price of failures till I mentioned that one. Same goes here, they lowered prices of objects but not the cost to repair them.

G

Were those objects bought at the new price or the old one?

If they were purchased at the higher price, then the repair will be more expensive than on newer (cheaper) objects.

N

names

If they were purchased at the higher price, then the repair will be more expensive than on newer (cheaper) objects.

=================================================================================================
May I ask what this means for the people who are bringing goods from TC in regards to paying higher costs for repairs in TC3. This only strengthens the arguement to be allowed to keep some money.

I would appreciate being directed to where I can see the Dev's explanation or announcement of this fact.

G

I have no idea what they were bought at. I don't think it should matter anyway, considering sell back is 0, no matter what you paid for something to start with.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, that is really dumb. You are saying that the same item will cost more to repair just because some poor schmuck like me bought it before prices were lowered? Really, that ain't right. If programming exists to swipe money from players in the game, it would seem programming could be written to make items of all one type cost the same to repair. Or provide NPC repair guys at no/low cost.

My money is being wiped when I merge to TC3. If what you say is true, I'll be penalized because I have objects that I paid more for, even though I can't make a profit from them after the merge, or sell them back. That is just...rotten.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, that is really dumb. You are saying that the same item will cost more to repair just because some poor schmuck like me bought it before prices were lowered? Really, that ain't right. If programming exists to swipe money from players in the game, it would seem programming could be written to make items of all one type cost the same to repair. Or provide NPC repair guys at no/low cost.

My money is being wiped when I merge to TC3. If what you say is true, I'll be penalized because I have objects that I paid more for, even though I can't make a profit from them after the merge, or sell them back. That is just...rotten.

[/ QUOTE ]

The cost of repairs has always been determined by the price you paid for the object. If you purchased a toilet from catalog at retail price, the cost to repair it is higher than if you had bought a discounted one at a store.

If you want to call yourself a schmuck for buying expensive items that will cost more to repair, then so be it. If I were merging from TC to TC3, I'd invest in items that don't need to be repaired

G

I have many, many special crafted objects that were given to me from dear friends over the years that will be coming with me in this merge. I find it totally ridiculous that the price to repair them, along with the other normal appliances I have, is going to stay high priced just because they were made or bought where they aren't as cheap.

The price of repairs needs to be adjusted to fit in with the so called economy they want us to live with. Simple as that.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

They did not ask our opinions on the merge, and they do not care what our opinions are on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you wonder why those of us against the wipe are so bitter? HELLO?! This is the problem...they DIDN'T ask our opinions on this and they DON'T care what we think. That's the problem. We weren't consulted on the merge/wipe. Maybe in TC3 (The only city that seems to matter these days), but not everyone has a sim in TC3. And for the record...I've never been against the merge of cities...It's the wipe I'm against. I am totally for a partial wipe (which I'm sure would solve the "economy" problem.). Heck, I even voted for it in a poll here. But a total wipe? uh uh....no way, no how. I don't care how much they lower prices of items. I don't see any way of this working. Sure it won't matter to the new players, but to those of us playing since beta, it's a HUGE problem. We've worked our butts off and are being punished for it.

As for your comment about us having fun complaining...let me tell you I don't find complaining fun at all. I'd prefer not to complain at all. As a matter of fact, I hate it. But I have found it necessary with the latest developments. And no, I don't want to be told that my opinions are important enough for EA to change their minds. What I want is to actually be asked for my opinion, which I wasn't.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

What is your solution to the system? Repairs based on cost of objects has always worked before. What do you propose the new system be?

What would be fair to everyone? What is it that you expect anyone to do? What changes do you feel need to be made? What kind of system do we need?

G

If they are based on the object value, they should be according to that which is 0. I realize that is probably asking for a miracle, so how about them being based on the cost to buy or craft at the reduced prices they have now or whatever they will end up being.

This isn't just going to effect TC people merging with TC3. It will have a huge effect on EA Land as well. Everyone will have objects and crafts at the old prices. The repairs need to match the new prices.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

it shouldn't matter what price anything was bought at (new or old) in order to decipher repair costs...

a refrigerator bought at old costs doesn't do or act any better then one bought at lower costs so the repair prices should all be the same regardless..

if we go by this ridiculous notion or system then any sim who skilled up under the "old payout rates" should earn more money based on the old payout rates.

pfft waits to see how many say how ridiculous that last statement was, but hey thats how the repair cost system is operating so why not skills too, LMAO.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

If they are based on the object value, they should be according to that which is 0. I realize that is probably asking for a miracle, so how about them being based on the cost to buy or craft at the reduced prices they have now or whatever they will end up being.

This isn't just going to effect TC people merging with TC3. It will have a huge effect on EA Land as well. Everyone will have objects and crafts at the old prices. The repairs need to match the new prices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Won't affect me in EALand too much either as I didn't stock up on alot of crafted objects that need constant repair.

G

If you want to call yourself a schmuck for buying expensive items that will cost more to repair, then so be it. If I were merging from TC to TC3, I'd invest in items that don't need to be repaired

OMG now this is funny. So your saying we should come across with NO MONEY plus leave our toilets, showers, stoves, sinks, dishwashers, refridg., dressers behind? STILL laughing this is as good as me feeding NAMES dog food with Italian Gravy (names) not pasta sauce, and I have to much Class to pee in a bush as somebody else said to do since its free still laughing.

I agree with Cntrygrl, the repair prices should reflect the economy since the economy has been lowered and even Festers remark about the skills makes more sense then not being able to clean your sim or take care of their needs because things may break and we bought them at a higher price in TC and have no money to repair them.

N

names

Won't affect me in EALand too much either as I didn't stock up on alot of crafted objects that need constant repair.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I think you miss an important point there are many things that need repairs:

toilets,showers,cookers,fridges,compacters,dish washes,all the skill objects,money objects,all electric goods inc.lights,dog baths.

so the focus isnt just about crafted items any of these items break.

so if your traveling into TC3 or EA LAND i guess you wont take very much if your going to avoid the repair costs.

If you need a removal firm I could help you carry your stuff for a fee,

ooops... forget that it sounds like hard work and you wont have money to give a tip.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

They did not ask our opinions on the merge, and they do not care what our opinions are on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you wonder why those of us against the wipe are so bitter? HELLO?! This is the problem...they DIDN'T ask our opinions on this and they DON'T care what we think. That's the problem. We weren't consulted on the merge/wipe. Maybe in TC3 (The only city that seems to matter these days), but not everyone has a sim in TC3.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually they did consult us on merging the cities. If you recall, they didn't plan on doing it at all. It wasn't until the idea surfaced and was discussed here that they decided it do it.

<blockquote><hr>

And for the record...I've never been against the merge of cities...It's the wipe I'm against. I am totally for a partial wipe (which I'm sure would solve the "economy" problem.). Heck, I even voted for it in a poll here. But a total wipe? uh uh....no way, no how. I don't care how much they lower prices of items. I don't see any way of this working. Sure it won't matter to the new players, but to those of us playing since beta, it's a HUGE problem. We've worked our butts off and are being punished for it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you should define how you are using "partial wipe" and "total wipe".
To me, a "total wipe" is <u>everything</u>. Simoleans, objects, house and sim. A total wipe was done a few weeks prior to the game being released. That is why many Founder sims had the same create date, they were all created after a total wipe.
A "partial wipe" to me is exactly what we are getting. They are wiping only simoleans, or only part of our sim's existence.

I assume what you mean is that you'd like them to wipe only part of the simoleans. Maybe each sim moving in from the current cities gets to keep a small sum of simoleans. How about 2 or 4 times the normal starting amount in EALand? The EA team would have to figure out what impact adding that amount of simoleans would have on the economy though.
The TC to TC3 merge would be a good time to test it.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Most of the appliances will break at some point. It doesn't really matter what you bring with you. Question is, is the sim a show off and fix it themselves in front of all their guests or are they humble and call the repairman? I would also have to wonder how often players keep an eye on how much wear is on their objects and take steps to replace old appliances?

I won't feel the loss of simoleans at all. It's the newbies that I feel sorry for. The folks that won't have property or real estate when the land in the new cities. They will have NOTHING but $100 simoleans.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

What is your solution to the system? Repairs based on cost of objects has always worked before. What do you propose the new system be?

What would be fair to everyone? What is it that you expect anyone to do? What changes do you feel need to be made? What kind of system do we need?

[/ QUOTE ]

Solution? OK! Do away with wear and repairs altogether......duh. And while we are at it, do away with the litterbug newspapergirl.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

If the cost of repairs is to be abolished completely then what money drain can be put into the game to replace it? Without the proper drains built into the game mechanics we will eventually see run away inflation like we've all experienced before.

The developement team has spent months making this merge happen because the community wanted it. Now, less than a week away from the first test merge, some of you decide that more needs to be done before a merge can happen.

Let's see now....in order for the objects in your house to reflect the same cost as those purchased in TC3 or EALand..you want a developer to sit and reprice everything you own in that house before merging it just so you have cheaper repair costs for those items? No wait! We can't merge until they re-adjust the price of every object in the homes in TC3 too. Afterall, many of us purchased items at higher cost than what they are today and are paying more for repairs than others. How long do you wish to delay the merge of each city? How long are you willing to sit and wait while they yet again stall the movement forward to accommodate those that apparently don't want to even play the game.

The repairman only costs $50 an hour to hire and to me that has always been too low. If you want to bring a house full of broken items with you then you better budget in that repair cost. If you do not want to play the game and make money to maintain your homes then I'm not sure why you are bothering to wait for the merge at all.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

The developement team has spent months making this merge happen because the community wanted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

We did?

I

imported_DutchAmerica

LMAO Gracie!!! You gave me a good case of the giggles.

For some reason a vision of a dev with one of those old fashioned pricing guns walking around the houses in TSO putting price stickers on everything just hit me.