• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

TSO Money Wipe Petition -PLEASE READ!!!

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

This whole thread is like watching a farmer

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that most days, I seem to be the horse

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

This whole thread is like watching a farmer

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that most days, I seem to be the horse

[/ QUOTE ]

It is your fault afterall.

W

wishywashygirl

Honestly, I didn't read all of the posts, but I do want to put my 2 cents in...

To me, personally, as 1 sim in this game, the money wipe does not bother me at all. But I do see how it can be brutal to others.

We each have our own unique style of playing the game. Thats one of the things I love and enjoy about this game.

For ME, and possibly only ME, starting out in TC3 with only $100 to my name, wasn't so bad. It took me a few weeks to max a skill or two to be able to make money. But once I started visiting money lots (jobs stress me lol ) and actually began to make a few dollars here and there, it wasn't so bad at all... My sim is 90-some-odd-days old now, and I have a fairly successful home, thanks to the help of great roomies that seem to enjoy playing as much as I do. I have a very busy rl, and don't have all the time in the world to play, so it has been a challange... but one that I have come to enjoy.

I don't know what the future holds for this game, but I'm excited to find out. I don't know how the wipe will affect each and every person, and I won't say how it should or shouldn't affect anyone. All I can say is that, for me, being in TC3 has brought back the challange of making something from nothing that I faced the very first time I logged into the game almost 5 years ago and I am holding onto the hope that EALand will do the same.

I wish you all the best, and I can see where each of you are coming from. And after the opening of EALand, my veiws may change, and I may be miserable about the whole thing... All I can do is wait and see.

O

ozzynowgone

i just signed the petition but it wont do any good ea just decided to make money by selling simoleans is all so anything their consumers say dont mean squat anyway which is why i left the game it dosent matter what anyone says on here they just do things their way

O

ozzynowgone

milton forever the waterboy for tso now gonna be ea land dont matter what anyone says you simply hold the company line without any objections or opinions of your own

G

I happen to believe Milton is very opinionated... if that helps any

Also the wipe was suggested by a number of players, therefore the whole

<blockquote><hr>

dosent matter what anyone says on here they just do things their way

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't quite accurate.

Just saying.

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

milton forever the waterboy for tso now gonna be ea land dont matter what anyone says you simply hold the company line without any objections or opinions of your own

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, did you see what he thinks of the EA Land logo? Seems to be thinking along the same lines as the majority of the players, not the company.

G

<blockquote><hr>

didnt read that thread

[/ QUOTE ]

You should. Whilst not some of my best work, I am proud of the comparison.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

It's not a matter of just reducing repair costs a certain percentage of what they were.

Our current system of repair costs is determined by the original price paid for that object. Prices have changed almost weekly in TC3 for the last 2 months. Everyone has paid different prices for things and is currently paying different repair costs. Someone that bought a grand piano the first week that TC3 opened is paying considerably more than the repair costs of someone that just purchased the same piano a week ago.

In the future when dynamic pricing begins, prices of objects will fluctuate constantly. If you buy something at a high price, the repairs for those items will be higher. If you buy something at a low price, the repairs for those items will be lower.

There comes a time in everyone's life they must make a choice to keep repairing old expensive objects or replace them.

We have new catalog items coming from the expansion packs. How should repair costs for all the new objects be set? What about custom content? What system do you propose we use for those?

I know the simplest solution is to make all objects unbreakable and do away with repair costs. However, if you take away this drain that is currently feeding a pool of money that we can earn in game, then making simoleans will become even harder. Removing a cost that is feeding the pool of simoleans we can earn in game will just lead to more dependence upon purchasing simoleans with cash from EA.

Every cost you reduce, is reducing the pool of simoleans in game that we can earn just by playing the game.

Everyone needs to think about the ramifications of decisions being made today and how they will affect the future of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I know you know a lot, which I am sure you do...but...Do you really have to act like you are a DEV? That is the attitude I get from all of your posts. Discussing is one thing, but coming across as a know-it-all is another thing all together.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I was actually going to be done with this thread, b/c I've lost interest in it. The decision is made, whats to debate... but I just want to say....

YOu said

<blockquote><hr>

Amen, Bindy! I'm jumped on all the time for my opinion, and I am getting tired of it. I'm happy for those who like the changes, really I am. It's their right. But when I express my displeasure, I get attacked. Funny, I never attack others for their opinions. And I agree about a partial wipe. I even voted for it in a poll here.

[/ QUOTE ]

And then you come in and attack Gracie, who in my opinion, is one of the most unselfish, most helpful players I have ever met. Gracie was helpful and positive years ago when I first started reading stratics. She's was helpful and positive and wonderful when even Maxis/EA had no answers for us... and from the moment Luc posted she's been involved in bettering this game.

I've never gotten the impression from Gracie that she felt like she was a dev or a know it all. She is one person who has constantly and consistantly enjoyed her game, had passion for it and made lemonade out of lemons.

For you to cry that you feel all of your posts get attacked, and then attack someone who has never been anything but constructive and wonderful makes me laugh and sigh at the same time.

I'm sorry if I derailed this post... but I just wanted to point that out. Gracie has done so much for this community and I don't feel that it was fair to let this go.

In my head i call her "amazing gracie"

Ok now I gotta go kick a puppy or something. I'm being too nice.
proceed to discuss and debate something that is already set in stone.

/bows.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I must be showing my age because the name Gracie makes me think of George Burns! LMAO

But I agree, TSO and our community would not quite be the same without our dear Gracie.

I appreciate her both in the game and here at these forums. She always expresses herself in a dignified manner and never seems to let what is said here travel over into the game.

*Group hugs for Gracie*

(Hint...wish some of you folks here at Stratics would learn not to carry stratics grudges into the game.)

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

(Hint...wish some of you folks here at Stratics would learn not to carry stratics grudges into the game.)

[/ QUOTE ]

On that, I agree with you 100%.

What is vented/posted/opined/grumbled/touted/argued on Stratics should STAY on Stratics. After all, our sims (avatars) have no control over what WE do and say, it really isn't fair to them.

G

<blockquote><hr>

After all, our sims (avatars) have no control over what WE do and say, it really isn't fair to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dali, dear - I sincerely hope this was 'tongue-in-cheek'.
If not, you should seriously consider pushing away from the keyboard and taking in a movie, reading a book, visiting RL friends, etc.

There, there, it'll be okay - just a lil break and you'll be fine.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

After all, our sims (avatars) have no control over what WE do and say, it really isn't fair to them.

[/ QUOTE ]
If not, you should seriously consider pushing away from the keyboard and taking in a movie, reading a book, visiting RL friends, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it really isn't their fault!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it, Dutch.

Donavan -- the instructions on the TSO box says "be someone else" does it not? I'm a girl, I read the instructions. My sims are a diverse lot, and Dali -- she is probably much more likeable than I, the poster, might seem. She might even be in favor of the money wipe.
I didn't ask her, I just made her spend her millions pulling cheetahs.

C'est la sim vie.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it, Dutch.

Donavan -- the instructions on the TSO box says "be someone else" does it not? I'm a girl, I read the instructions. My sims are a diverse lot, and Dali -- she is probably much more likeable than I, the poster, might seem. She might even be in favor of the money wipe.
I didn't ask her, I just made her spend her millions pulling cheetahs.

C'est la sim vie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? What are these "instructions" things you're talking about???

G

<blockquote><hr>

My sims are a diverse lot, and Dali -- she is probably much more likeable than I, the poster, might seem. She might even be in favor of the money wipe. I didn't ask her, I just made her spend her millions pulling cheetahs.

C'est la sim vie.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make an excellent point Dali. It didnt occur to me to ask my sims what they thought of it, so I did. What to my surprise they are sick to death of spending simoleans. They are none too thrilled with the prospect of making more all over again! Who knew! Luckily for me I dont really care what they think. I fully intend to make my fortune on their hard labor, slave driver that I am. *cracks whip*

K

Keep It Real

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

My sims are a diverse lot, and Dali -- she is probably much more likeable than I, the poster, might seem. She might even be in favor of the money wipe. I didn't ask her, I just made her spend her millions pulling cheetahs.

C'est la sim vie.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make an excellent point Dali. It didnt occur to me to ask my sims what they thought of it, so I did. What to my surprise they are sick to death of spending simoleans. They are none too thrilled with the prospect of making more all over again! Who knew! Luckily for me I dont really care what they think. I fully intend to make my fortune on their hard labor, slave driver that I am. *cracks whip*

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I be a slave, I mean you did mention a whip.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

C'est la sim vie.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I be a slave, I mean you did mention a whip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmaybe....

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I am almost out of money now so I can go ahead and schedule the surgery to rebuild my right hand. If they DON'T wipe the money ya'll will be seeing me featured on America's Most Wanted.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with ya there, Meg, on both counts.

Dali "carpel tunnel" Daliza

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm a bit late, but this made me "lol."

On topic, I do support the money wipe, for a vast array of reasons.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I agree with what your saying however...
lose money keep everything else...OR
they could have canceled The Sims Online, we lose everything, and then they create EA Land and whoever signs up for that starts fresh.

So personally even tho I agree with you, I would rather keep everything else I worked my butt off for than lose everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I know I posted a response here, but I don't know why it didn't show up. I thought this was a place where everyone's opinion was welcome? Anyway, as I was saying before, people have already said TSO is no more anyway and that EALand will be a new game..I've seen it here on the forum, so don't tell me that isn't what was said. So technically, TSO is gone anyway. So I think it would've been in everyone's best interest if they had just done away with TSO and started fresh with a new game called EA Land. That way everyone could start completely fresh and the people here who support the wipe/merge wouldn't have to listen to any complaints from those of us who don't like it. Just my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I so much like the fact that they are wiping the money. Ever since the trees came along and store were selling the fruit, the game has went downhill. I personally also think that the store lots should not be able to have fruit grow on their lots, for that simple fact that it's going to happen again. Slowly but surely. If not that I think it needs to be changed where only the owner of the tree can eat the fruit.

R

Roger Wilco

Tagging

I probably have more money that everyone on this board put together, and I totally support the money wipe. After the wipe I'll get rich again, but this time I'll actually be able to cash in on it instead of having an overflowing wallet of worthless money.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone can plainly see where things are going. Cut the ability to earn money to ziltch, wipe everyone clean of their cash, offer the ability to buy cash from EA...hmmmmm. Sure I will admit we arent being "forced" to buy simoleans from EA, no one is sitting here twisting sim arms or holding a gun to our sims heads. But given that earning it for ourselves is now dang near impossible to do, go from there and see what it adds up to.

Call my observation a falsehood if you please but It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so untrue. I have made lots of money in TC3 in the month that I have been playing. I have a sim that owns a money lot. One that owns a Welcome Lot. And I just recently bought a lot for an entertainment lot. I've done this all in 42 days. Tell me it's impossible to make money. I haven't cheated either. I worked at the Factory, did pizza, and code.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone can plainly see where things are going. Cut the ability to earn money to ziltch, wipe everyone clean of their cash, offer the ability to buy cash from EA...hmmmmm. Sure I will admit we arent being "forced" to buy simoleans from EA, no one is sitting here twisting sim arms or holding a gun to our sims heads. But given that earning it for ourselves is now dang near impossible to do, go from there and see what it adds up to.

Call my observation a falsehood if you please but It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so untrue. I have made lots of money in TC3 in the month that I have been playing. I have a sim that owns a money lot. One that owns a Welcome Lot. And I just recently bought a lot for an entertainment lot. I've done this all in 42 days. Tell me it's impossible to make money. I haven't cheated either. I worked at the Factory, did pizza, and code.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats very promising donnallg

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

My enthusiasm for the game ceased to exist awhile back. I find the game quite boring but, I am looking forward to when the changes are finished. Maybe then I will be enthusiastic about playing again. Regardless of what anyone said, the facts in this don't lie. The money wipe plays a big part in the Devs revival of the game. Without the money wipe, the game will most likely be shut down. I don't think that is what anyone wants. It is on the blog, I forget where, and has been stated by the devs and is currently happening in TC3, they are lowering the prices of everything but as much as 90%. That is a fact. So could anyone kindly explain any(if it even exists) the benefits of not having the money wiped.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with you that the wipe is one of the best things they are doing to the game.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

only employees support the wipe thats what thier told to say....no one that plays this game honestly wants to see thier hard earned sim bucks go bye bye. those that are for the wipe has nothing to start with anyways and has nothing to lose by the way of a money wipe. I myself rarely ever have more then a mill in any of my 3 sims, but thats enough for a few remodels and to feed the guests and once inawhile hold a contest or 2....so much for playing the game for fun lol. I for one am not in favor of the money wipe. who happens to be a true player of tso for almost 5yrs. say ribbit now frogger of av bf and tc3

[/ QUOTE ]

Parts of this aren't true. I don't work for TSO and I support the wipe 100%. In BF where my main sim is, it is totally boring. I had millions there. Gave away alot. Crafted alot. I would like to go back to making money and having fun. No point to me in making money if I have plenty anyways. Therefore it's boring to me now. I only keep my account in hopes of it getting better.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

only employees support the wipe thats what thier told to say....no one that plays this game honestly wants to see thier hard earned sim bucks go bye bye. those that are for the wipe has nothing to start with anyways and has nothing to lose by the way of a money wipe. I myself rarely ever have more then a mill in any of my 3 sims, but thats enough for a few remodels and to feed the guests and once inawhile hold a contest or 2....so much for playing the game for fun lol. I for one am not in favor of the money wipe. who happens to be a true player of tso for almost 5yrs. say ribbit now frogger of av bf and tc3

[/ QUOTE ]

Parts of this aren't true. I don't work for TSO and I support the wipe 100%. In BF where my main sim is, it is totally boring. I had millions there. Gave away alot. Crafted alot. I would like to go back to making money and having fun. No point to me in making money if I have plenty anyways. Therefore it's boring to me now. I only keep my account in hopes of it getting better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I very much agree with you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. That's the point I was making too. Time is all it takes to make money in this game. Time is more of a commodity for some than others, but that's not EA's problem. Those who chooose to invest the time in being a slave driver to their sims (Niki's post made me chuckle [laughs]) will get to live the 'good life' in 'retirement' quicker than those who refuse to work for it, unless they have enough RL cash from their working all the time so that they can buy the online goods they want. Seems to me if someone was working a RL job so much that they didn't have enough time to play the game a whole lot, then spending money for simoleans wouldn't be that big a deal in most cases. In some other cases it's just a question of time managememt and people not getting things done in a timely manner or doing things in a manner that is less than optimally time-efficient. Again, that's not EA's problem, but EA will benefit from those people's laziness and/or lack of time-management skills because those will be the people who buy the simoleans from EA.....hmmm, maybe EA isn't so dumb after all.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Time is more of a commodity for some than others, but that's not EA's problem. Those who chooose to invest the time in being a slave driver to their sims (Niki's post made me chuckle [laughs]) will get to live the 'good life' in 'retirement' quicker than those who refuse to work for it...

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding time is more of a commodty for some. ME ME ME. The thing is, (sorry, Ronin, here comes the 5 year card) my rl time didn't used to be so heavily mortgaged. Those were the days -- I worked my sims and played long hours most days -- and I accumulated a nice nest egg. For my "retirement." Well, here we are. Now I don't have that luxury of game time, and I shall be stripped of the money I earned in my salad days.

It isn't merely a choice to not invest time, or a simple "refusal" to work for money. My money was as good as stolen, but this time the thief is gonna be gentlemanly and offer to sell my retirement savings back to me. Yeah, I know the reason why, don't bother to flame me -- but please don't discount those of us who won't be able to earn back game cash that we counted on as already having on hand. It isn't something to be so glibly dismissed.

As for working people being able to buy simoleans...pffft. I work, hard, but not to buy play money back from the entity that stripped it from me to begin with.

S

SilverSpike

<blockquote><hr>

I'm sure EVERYONE of you feel as strongly as I do about our Simoleans being wiped in the merge, so I have set up this petition and hope EA will listen to us!
I don't know if it will do any good but I feel so strongly about this matter that I have to try!
PLEASE SIGN it at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/TSO_Money/

Thank you for reading and taking part in this.
We all need to stand up to EA and express our discontent about this matter!

Cat.

[/ QUOTE ]
I want it to be wiped. Finally we can play the game again rather then just spend money.

Spike :p

O

ozzynowgone

dont do that stupid petition when you do you get daily spam from a bunch of stuff i get it sometimes multiple times a day its a pain in the hind end

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

dont do that stupid petition when you do you get daily spam from a bunch of stuff i get it sometimes multiple times a day its a pain in the hind end

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it's called a spam blocker &lt;--- install one. You will be happier.

H

HoTDeViL

I also agree to the money wipe.

I was playing TSO since beta test. i am one of the left founders. I left TSO one year ago after people started using the money exploit. I finally had 100 million simoleans after 4 years hard work and then people go and make this ammount in 3 days. this really pis...ed me off and i left the game. I kept my accounts and was still paying for them in the hope EA will change something. Now with EA-Land i am coming back. and i am glad if all the billion simoleans get wiped. which mostly were done illegal. and the game gets finally fun again

O

ozzynowgone

it was a warning for ppl not to do it i took care of the issue for myself but was letting others know you know dude trying to be a nice guy and im always happy life sucks if your not happy