• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Legends Pvp Thread

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is the PvP thread for Legends. If you would like to challenge another player this is the thread. If you would like to discuss PvP engagements this is the thread. Please try and keep this thread about In-Game PvP and not let it drift into RL.

A few rules to follow, so that we may continue to enjoy the thread:

• No Personal Attacks
  • No Real Life attacks
  • No Name Calling
  • No Profanity
  • No accusing others of using Hacks or Exploits

If you do not PvP this thread is not for you.

This was fun tonight (1/1/11)

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Look an uninterrupted duel at yew OMG (1/2/11)

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm terrible at taking action shots but I'll have some pictures to put up in a few days.

V

Vyal

I never see anyone from CoM fight even numbers. Just the other day we just sat around smoking and setting people up at spawns wiped everyone that came to Yew.... Next thing you know 12 CoM come running through the gate at 3 people and still lost half the crew. They can be a pain I will actually work with other factions to kill these guys next time I see em just so they don't come back. Kill em once they log and go to other shards.

Just isn't fun fighting the zerg....

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We just held off the "zerg" tonight and some Minax too. Thanks for the fight but we really wooped ya good that time (no offense Fing).... you guys really don't own this shard like you think you guys do LOL.

Heres a pic of the aftermath of chaos....

View attachment 5754

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
A little of the Pvp action from tonight 1/15/11 because the photographer always seems to die.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ewwwww, losing to an LGC member in a duel!

Oh well, ya gotta give props to busta for fighting anyone, even though he's not very good. the kids got a lot of heart.

I don't play anymore, and not played for awhile....but i think it's prolly still safe to assume !OF! dominates most fights on the shard.

Unless new talent transfered over....but i doubt that.

People please post more pics, and put a story to them. I jump on the forums from time to time, and it's nice to see names and battle scenes. Don't be afraid to post pics of fights you lose too. some of the best pics are the grey screen ones!

And DJ, start taking pics ya belacheat fan. How about them Jets......haha!

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I call this Death By Boat... thought it's be a good idea to take the old Dread Ship out to yew. To my surprise, Minax goons run around with boats in their packs ready to deploy! LOL.

*Note to self* Grape shot hurts enemies but firing cannons reveals you... Ooops

View attachment 5829

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
One pic from pvp earlier today 1/21/11

More to come hopefully...

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice boat pic. Damn those boats are huge!

Run Rayen run!!!! Rayen prolly one of the most level headed guys you'll ever meet in game, and one of the best cross healers.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heres a little PvP action courtesy of LGC and L*D tonight... We gave up the island after defending it from Minax 2x successfully but eventually lost the manpower to defend from L*D goons...
I'm trying to think of at least one time when I have logged in on Legends with L*D where we lost a fight at any spawn or harrower... nothing comes to mind.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you don't mind me asking Lynk, which LD player are you when you are on the shard?

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ack! Not helpful. Heh.

When pvping I rarely look at peoples feet... Mainly just asking because I'm curious how often you play over here. While LD certainly has successes as a pvp guild, they are far from as unstoppable as they claim. So maybe you logging in is the reason they win?
Like I said mainly just curious I see you post on many boards and you are very knowledgeable and often polite. Definately hard to pinpoint you in LD as most of them are your typical mouthy pvpers.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ack! Not helpful. Heh.

When pvping I rarely look at peoples feet... Mainly just asking because I'm curious how often you play over here. While LD certainly has successes as a pvp guild, they are far from as unstoppable as they claim. So maybe you logging in is the reason they win?
Like I said mainly just curious I see you post on many boards and you are very knowledgeable and often polite. Definately hard to pinpoint you in LD as most of them are your typical mouthy pvpers.
I highly doubt I impact the success very much. My character is Pennywise. You might be the first person on Stratics to refer to me as being polite. I can't tell if its genuine, sarcasm, or genuine sarcasm!

The only times I have really logged on Legends is to raid harrowers, oaks, and a few random T2A/Dungeon spawns. I think I've been a part of maybe 8 total raids on Legends in the last month since I've started playing with them.

Most of the time we've fought against OF.

The last time I was on I think we were fighting some TB people at Ice East. I was crosshealing at that specific time and was watching everyone elses heals except my own and died.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hah, it was a genuine compliment. You pretty much answer everyones question if you can and seem to deal only in factual information. I personally consider that a polite manner especially from a pvper where the standard stereotype (sadly mostly accurate) is the selfish trash talking variety.
I definately have played agaisnt you recently once or twice and can admit that LD has gotten the better of us more that not. Ice island fight was pretty fun, got a few but lost alot. Thanks for responding was just trying to learn a little about some of the people I pvp against. I am glad you stop by to fight once in awhile. I wish your caliber of pvper was more common in LD.

Look forward to competing, wether its losing or winning.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes the fights on Legends have been fun. I just wish I had more time to play than just a few nights a week.

See you on the field.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yea there were a TON of TB... all the more reason not to stand in a group... aoe hurts.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fun bit of pvp last night in reference to Mentiras' pictures. (That crazy guy takes pictures while fighting!)

Going to avoid using numbers because lets be honest no one that pvps can count.

The run down:
LGC was doing Semidar when in comes some 40 LD. They pretty easily dispatched the spawners. In vent the spawners decided they didnt want to give it to them that easily so they rallied as many as they could to fight. "Yes! A fight." I said, as I got ready. Our group of 80 rolled back into fire and soundly beat back the now 50 LD. At this point we had a good bit of back and forth fighting lasting roughly 20-30 minutes. We started to get pushed back by LD's fields and reinforcements. They are quite good at fighting this type of battle and we are still getting the hang of it. The time came in vent when we agreed that we were losing too much ground and we had to make a push. We rushed forward and cleared out at least 70 LD (picture #2) while the last few scattered to T2A. At this point we attempted to finish Semidar.

Here is where the fight went south. I got caught singlehandedly fielding the bridge to T2A and went down rather fast (*smacks forehead*). LD came back in strong with at least 130! They pretty swiftly dispatched our now scattered forces and our dwindling mage support. After the fight was over their great leader pug, who showed up for the last push and remaining 2 minutes said in global "Hahaha you all suck." To pug I say "lol" to all the other LD I say good fight it was a blast. Look forward to more.

The End.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh, I hate missing that kind of a fight!

Looks like fun, hopefully I'll catch the next one.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice screen shots, looks like fun was had by all.

Pay no mind to pug. He's always had a big mouth with no skill to back it...other than calling a fight. Then again, I always felt that way about all LD members with the exception of Cyanide. Same went for ^X^/LGC members when I played.

...but that's just my opinion, and I've always been a bastid.rolleyes:

I love how ya played with the numbers in the story. It's so true. When someone wins a fight they won 5 vs 20. when someone loses a fight it's 5 vs 20. It's funny to watch people lie to themselves isn't it!

V

Vyal

I see 5 TB there aside from the poster so it's 6 TB who should all be dead.
It looks cool but hey... lets be real, they prolly all died in about a minute...
Then the next half an hour was spent searching for anyone who was still alive or not sitting in luna or a house.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You read ShadowTrauma's post correct? That is how the fight went, plus or minus #s on each side.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't there but the stories those TB kids make up about pvp are rarely even comparable to reality.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Predictable response from Fing, my pvp reports are always accurate. I never feel like I have to impress anyone about anything. My opinion about myself is the only one that matters.

Back on topic last night Feb. 4: had alot of good pvp. LGC did a baracoon which we advertised when it was up. We are looking for pvp practice and it was the right move in our opinion. Baracoon dropped fast and we headed to the star room when some LD started to gather at the ramp into the spawn. They are always ready to fight which is nice for us. Unfortunately for them we did not wait long enough for them to get the numbers to push into star room, so we left to roll on scrolls. We took some flak by them for being cowardly "Oh noes!". Luckily for us some of them stuck around yew and we got some pvp going. We had the number advantage and we put them down after some back and forth. Shortly after that LD seemed successful in using the bat-phone and pulled in some great reinforcements. I scouted out Brit bank to see if they were getting a circle. "Eeeeek!" there was at least 5 there so I recalled after wetting myself on top of the bank. One of our members had a good idea to use the crystal portal and go to the bank and try and aoe them down in a suprise attack. The attack was semi successful we red lined them and people scattered everywhere. I personally did not see if any got dropped. LD then regrouped in TB base and here is where the fight got ugly (sensing a pattern in my reports yet?). We rushed in and LD grabbed the high ground. Smart move on their part as it caused our group to be split into two *sigh*. The group on top seemed to hold their own, but the bat-phone reinforcements rushed in and put lots of pressure on the grounded group. We started to lose more then they were and after about 10 minutes of fighting they came out victorious.

My opinion on the fight was that up until we split we were doing much better that previous engagements and I am looking forward to making more progress. Thanks to all the pvpers on both sides that just show to play and dont need the apparent ego boosts some others seem to.

There was also some good pvp between Minax and TB later in the night. However it was way past my bed time and my mommy needed to tuck me in.

Till next time Pvpers. Shadow the Trashiest pvper signing out.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back on topic last night Feb. 4: had alot of good pvp. LGC did a baracoon which we advertised when it was up. We are looking for pvp practice and it was the right move in our opinion. Baracoon dropped fast and we headed to the star room when some LD started to gather at the ramp into the spawn. They are always ready to fight which is nice for us. Unfortunately for them we did not wait long enough for them to get the numbers to push into star room, so we left to roll on scrolls. We took some flak by them for being cowardly "Oh noes!". Luckily for us some of them stuck around yew and we got some pvp going. We had the number advantage and we put them down after some back and forth. Shortly after that LD seemed successful in using the bat-phone and pulled in some great reinforcements. I scouted out Brit bank to see if they were getting a circle. "Eeeeek!" there was at least 5 there so I recalled after wetting myself on top of the bank. One of our members had a good idea to use the crystal portal and go to the bank and try and aoe them down in a suprise attack. The attack was semi successful we red lined them and people scattered everywhere. I personally did not see if any got dropped. LD then regrouped in TB base and here is where the fight got ugly (sensing a pattern in my reports yet?). We rushed in and LD grabbed the high ground. Smart move on their part as it caused our group to be split into two *sigh*. The group on top seemed to hold their own, but the bat-phone reinforcements rushed in and put lots of pressure on the grounded group. We started to lose more then they were and after about 10 minutes of fighting they came out victorious.
Haha, yeah man that fight @ brit was fun! It was pug, myself, Azn kid, and 2 others prepping for a raid in T2A @ WBB.

Your surprise attack was a great idea, too bad you didn't have the templates required to pull it off. 4 mystics with a hail storm could have done it. I was down to 20 HP and used a heal stone and then mini healed as I brought your group to the brit base.

It was only 3 of us: me, azn, and pug. We wanted you guys up top where we could isolate you a few at a time. I think we picked off 2 or 3 up top by ourselves. Then our reinforcements stormed the entrance and then your force was really split up. About 10 minutes after that I think we managed to get most of you.

So much fun though, I thought I was going down a couple of times.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eww losing a fight vs just three LD!?!?! I know Azn, and pug suck so that's rough. I dunno about lynk. I know he played GL, but that's all i really know about him other than seeing him post on stratics.

*edit

Sorry, I jumped the gun here. I re-read and now see LD had back up come. so losing isn't so bad if there was more than just three! Sorry for jumping the gun, hehe. I was worried the pvp quality had dropped off so far that pug and Azn actually played a factor!

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Feb 6: Quick update here because the day isn't over yet. Around 2 eastern I scouted some Minax doing Despise, they had 2 blues and an orange that I saw. Me and my brother Ment rolled in and most of them scattered. I followed the blues to gate (Murdering is wrong! *smile*) they told me they would be right back. Switching characters, I give them respect for that willingness to pvp with us. Some time passed and we got a few reinforcements and they did as well. The fight was pretty even number wise. I would give the number advantage to us however. We won the first initial fight only losing 1 or 2 and we then proceeded to do the spawn. Someone said over vent "Spotted a stealther Haha", In hindsight I should have known that LD would roll in with a better advantage then we could muster. I proceeded to field the drop in when some minax fell in and teleported out of the fields. I called back up and attempted to fight for a minute or two, but decided I wasn't going to be able survive if I stayed much longer. We retreated to the island to field it up and make our stand. Here is where it gets interesting!

*Didn't see all of this part of the fight so I'm going to make some stuff up! Muhahaha*
LD poured in from the walls!, surrounding the smaller Minax force. The minax fighters put up an incredible 300 inspired fight as the LD forces continued to try and push into the island. They held off as long as they could. It was heard that one of the New O Recruits shouted "You shall not pass!", Gandalf would be proud. Eventually they fell to the onslaught of LD.

*Back to accuaracy*
LD now pushed up the east bridge to the island which I was attempting to keep fielded. They must of laughed at my feeble attempts as they stormed right past me to the middle of the island. It was chaos they had the number advantage and the skill to back it up. We were wiped out very quickly. The battle trumpets played in the backround. We were reminded by pug we suck.

Looking forward to more pvp today. Over and out!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude, you left out the best part. All of our mages raided you polymorphed as slimes!

yea you guys had no hope. I think we had like 98% of our roster on. Everyone seemed to log in. We then scouted every other east coast server and found no one else to fight so everyone went afk :(.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL! Thats freaking great. Thank you lynk for the pics and the story. All I saw was orange names then a grey screen.

Much appreciated.

We were killed by the slimes! Ahhhhhhhhhh.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
eww losing a fight vs just three LD!?!?! I know Azn, and pug suck so that's rough. I dunno about lynk. I know he played GL, but that's all i really know about him other than seeing him post on stratics.

*edit

Sorry, I jumped the gun here. I re-read and now see LD had back up come. so losing isn't so bad if there was more than just three! Sorry for jumping the gun, hehe. I was worried the pvp quality had dropped off so far that pug and Azn actually played a factor!
Haters gonna hate.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haters gonna hate.
I don't hate LD, or any members in it. I just have trouble believing those hardly above mediocre when i played able to win fights.

let alone fights where they don't have the numbers...

D

Donuts // Rose

I've never seen L*D fight with even or less numbers when they come to fight.:thumbdown:

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never seen L*D fight with even or less numbers when they come to fight.:thumbdown:
Donuts... Yes you have, and on multiple occasions. It's like this OF disease where only OF thinks we are some huge guild. We play many shards and against various sized guilds. OF is the only guild that consistently outnumbers us, loses, and then accuses us of being a zerg afterwards. Everyone else just admits they lost to a smaller group.

I

IRS

Donuts... Yes you have, and on multiple occasions. It's like this OF disease where only OF thinks we are some huge guild. We play many shards and against various sized guilds. OF is the only guild that consistently outnumbers us, loses, and then accuses us of being a zerg afterwards. Everyone else just admits they lost to a smaller group.
fing aka pugs biggest cheerleader, Ill be the first to say we dont win every fight.. BUT I will also say you arent at any of the fights where we've ever outnumbered or have had even #s fighting LD... as for multiple shards, we play them as well, we just dont ally other guilds on them .. anyways, I do always find your posts inventive so to speak, good to see you working your imagination..

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few nights ago, we decided to do a Semidar in Fire, not only in the hopes of killing her but more importantly to practice working as a unit of mages. As expected we had visitors =)

(These numbers may be slightly exaggerated)

L*D arrived with 60 or 70 guys, but they were met by perhaps the best showing of force LGC has had in awhile. 100 mages stould at the ready and the field fight from hell ensued. Colusses, Wild Fires, and fields that stretched nearly to the back of Fire Dungeon were the weapons of choice.

Ultimately, L*D got tired of field fighting (Amazing, right!?) and they used drop in an area which they hoped would be unguarded. But it wasnt...

Nice.jpg

Baffled, I believe L*D couldn't surmize how this could happen. How could such a terrible foe such as LGC completely wipe our entire force!?!? But alas, L*D would not let this stop there efforts. They recruited 30 or 40 more of their finest and pushed forward one more time...

nice2.jpg

From here on, things got ugly. L*D managed to push through our defenses becuase we dropped a few good men back to finish Semidar. Our forces were split in two and that made things very difficult on us and extremely interesting for them. It was a battle of attrition which basically lasted over an hour. In the end, Semidar was captured by opposing forces and LGC had to move on and collect its injured soldiers from off the bloody field...

Thanks for an amazing fight last night everyone who took part! See ya on the battlefield.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
didnt get many pics but it was me, drac, and shadow

pvpness.jpg

later a few more came, but it was still fun

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It be awesome if someone was able to make a recording of the fights. I tried to back when I played but it lagged me up to much....so i know it's work. But they are kinda fun to watch when someone does it!!!

Plus that way you can get the real story on numbers/temps/and tactics.