• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Legends Pvp Thread

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please try and use the correct terminology, and refrain from using the term "PvP".
PvP- Player v player.
From my experience with you, and LD as a whole none of you PvP.
Lesser players often stay in groups, and avoid "PvP".

Usually I stay off of this thread however I will feel I must interject.

Proper punctuation and grammer aside, backhanded eloquence does not go unnoticed and I assume is a symptom of those with less class than our usual pvp'ers (Class does not refer to socio-economic standing in this case). Basically your last two posts have boiled down to Legends Pvp'ers are backwater bumpkins who need pvp lessons from you and/or your super group. I submit that maybe it is not the Legends Pvp'ers who need lessons, but your group. Take a lesson from an experienced hunter, you don't ask your prey to change their tactics, you change yours to meet them on the field. Of course if you don't like that lesson you could always stop playing Legends or transfer your characters off... I'm sure tears would be shed.
Telling us to change our tactics assumes you're consistently winning somewhere. You're not. We've fought you everywhere we've found you. We've consistently dominated you and OF everywhere. That's not to call you backwater bumpkins in real life but from my experience, you're not top tier pvpers by any stretch of the imagination. In fact, my experience with both your guilds has been that you've left shards to avoid fights with us. You generally won't fight us if you don't have substantially greater numbers. Both of your guilds avoid pvp even when you do have greater numbers on a pretty regular basis.

You attempt to defend your deluded perceptions of yourselves by claiming we don't spend enough time fighting 1v1. Of course, such a claim is immensely hypocritical coming from someone that avoids pvp except when they have a numeric advantage. Even more humorous, you defend the act of refusing to advertise a fight but imply that we, or I avoid fights. Of course, when I am on pvping, I do advertise fights and I ask where fights may be had. I do so when it's just me or if it's one or two of us. The hypocrisy of RL claiming to being a good pvper when he apparently condones hiding from a fight is not lost.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Maybe ill make it more plain then, most just dont like your guild so dont expect it to be made easier to fight. I dont expect you to admit to having any faults at all because we all know your group is the bestest, you never run from pvp no matter the odds. Nor will you ever fight at a numerical disadvantage or advantage, only even numbers for you guys... Mmmhhmmm, and your pvp templates just scream player skill i mean i dont know how the rest of us even manage...

It boils down to a matter of respect and honor, your crew just seems to have none, and thats not how most Legends players pvp. So you will get neither from any of us. No matter how much you "dominate".

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You attempt to defend your deluded perceptions of yourselves by claiming we don't spend enough time fighting 1v1. Of course, such a claim is immensely hypocritical coming from someone that avoids pvp except when they have a numeric advantage. Even more humorous, you defend the act of refusing to advertise a fight but imply that we, or I avoid fights. Of course, when I am on pvping, I do advertise fights and I ask where fights may be had. I do so when it's just me or if it's one or two of us. The hypocrisy of RL claiming to being a good pvper when he apparently condones hiding from a fight is not lost.

:facepalm:

I honestly think you're mental Fing. I've never backed down from a fight. The thing is LD asks where we are, we say Yew. They in turn say "Come to terra". Now if you ask us where we are, then want us to go play in the halls of Terra...of course I'm going to tell ya to GTFO.

We only fight when we have #'s? Are you for real? I go out there with a two man crew all the time.The last fight in yew that LGC beat LD down I was there on Alpha Kenny Wun, and my Kubla Khan chars fighting both your guilds. Only had one other person with me.

Lets have a mage duel Fing. You vs me. If you can last a minute I'll allow you to call me bad. if you die in under a minute you'll lose the right to post anything pvp related.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if you came back and joined with OF! and crew [they have Koala, Kitty, RL's, and Eris (Who by the way I've been warned to never get in vent with by Kindra, she told me Eris' voice steals a boy's soul...), surely a tempting option for any player!], we would all welcome another pvper here on legends. I may even write about your adventures...

Last edited:

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some really great fights recently here on legends of all different "types and settings", both OF! and LGC have had their strong showings the past couple of days.

Delayed pvp report post
A few days ago (in the twilight hours) both guilds were busy finishing their respective spawns, largely unknown to each other. I had been doing a quick spawn sweep while some of my fellow guildies were finishing a Semidar spawn, when I stumbled upon a decent sized group of OF! completing a Barracoon spawn. Koala and friends promptly greated me with the standard pvp welcome of Curses, Explosions, and Spell plagues, I quickly answered back with a Rel Por (teleport) and a brief wave as I fled the scene. Those kind players even said hello to me in general chat (after the fact) and politely asked if I would be comming back (preferrably with friends), but unfortunately my other buddies were previously engaged, still they were very kind. We ended up finishing almost exactly the same time so now each team knew the other was active and ready.

A quick guess that OF! might try and take the sigils netted our group a very effective base defense by aggressively pushing into our base. The following battle ended decidedly in our favor after several minutes, but never count OF! out... They regrouped as we skirmished around yew and after a few kills on both sides momentum began to shift in OF!'s favor, they were able to sucessfully push into the SL base as we were in turn forced to regroup ourselves. A hasty tally in vent yielded enough intrest (3 to start) to try my bold attack plan on the OF! sigil carriers, we shall call it "Why not? It could work (or at the very least be fun) attack manuever Beta". To be honest it did work out pretty well, we set up in the Britain forest (one path a carrier might take) and scored a quick kill on an OF! sigil carrier, the rest of the sigil carriers had caught up and both teams began pulling in their remaining reinforcements for the last big battle of the night. This battle lasted a good while and all seemed content at the end, a win for both teams in my opinion.

Some smaller fights here and there... (Drew and I are proud of our two man late night team performance) and zip ahead to today's action.

Drew and I couldn't prevent the sigils from being taken last night, so this morning just so happened to start with some sigil defense by OF! at Minax base. I wasn't here for all of it, but it sounds as if there was quite a bit of fighting for most of the morning. Drac had seemingly been able to reset the Britain sigil at some point. The biggest fights took place within the last hour or so of the sigil timers (10 hours) which was around 1 eastern. Both teams numbers were close enough for the major fighting in my opinion (small scale fights can go back and forth number wise quite often), LGC just failed to be as effective in the fields/choke point fighting today. This battle lasted a long while and luckily during one instance where OF! pushed out for the deathblow Drew managed to sneak his thief in and nab the Yew sigil, the fight continued in the woods where we faired far better then at the choke point entrance. Overall OF! came out with the win this morning and there was a long break until the fights in the evening.

In the afternoon it seemed everyone was again itching for some more combat. After a few brief 1v1's against Galy, where he promptly killed my new dexxer, and then proceeded to show me my mage skills still need some work (while talking trash at the same time, it was impressive... I guess?) general chat unfortunately was lit up with some "chat pvp". *sigh* You can be a great player, but if your attitude is lacking it's difficult to have any respect for you, not necessarily that respect matters to everyone, and that's ok too. I guess the positive was that a few more players must have been woken up and both teams began assembling their fighters as small battles continued to erupt around yew. The following fight was huge and at its largest point outside an OF! castle it felt like it was at least 12v12 (I know we had 10 in vent at then end), but regardless it was a big fight. There was a moment after the first chaotic encounter where we chased OF! into the SL base, only to be promptly turned to into 6+ ghosts by a well timed OF! counter, it definately felt like revenge for the previous night... We continued to battle for at least 45 minutes all over yew, and it's safe to say that some people had to wait out at least 40 minutes to an hour of stat loss due to all the switching that was happening. Now that I think about I'm not even sure thats the exact order of events, it was that crazy, good times, and good fights everyone.

MVP of the day: I'd give it to Galy because he really did do quite well in the field, and put a sound beating on me 1v1, but he had to go all pvper stereotype... I'll give it to Koala and RL's instead who have also crushed me 1v1 recently, without the need to measure each other's manhood... Oh and Koala is my valentine.

Last edited:

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some very fun fights last night, and this morning. Good clean back and forth fights, with very little trash talk to follow.

Omnicron there's still some fun pvp to be had. It's harder to find, and more spread out in times than it used to be. You can still find it though!

The toughest aspect in today's pvp is it's harder to survive against the odds. Throwers, and Mystics have such a high dmg output we can't run into large groups players with a two man crew and hope to pull out a win.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I honestly think you're mental Fing. I've never backed down from a fight. The thing is LD asks where we are, we say Yew. They in turn say "Come to terra". Now if you ask us where we are, then want us to go play in the halls of Terra...of course I'm going to tell ya to GTFO.

We only fight when we have #'s? Are you for real? I go out there with a two man crew all the time.The last fight in yew that LGC beat LD down I was there on Alpha Kenny Wun, and my Kubla Khan chars fighting both your guilds. Only had one other person with me.

Lets have a mage duel Fing. You vs me. If you can last a minute I'll allow you to call me bad. if you die in under a minute you'll lose the right to post anything pvp related.
Haven't we done this before? I'm quite certain we go through this every time I play this game. You call me out. I am happy to fight whenever I'm on. You eventually trash talk in g chat when I'm on. We begin fighting, somewhere into the fight, you decide that it's not progressing so you have or one of your guildmates decides to on their own prerogative to jump in. Of course then, I make it out, and an LD member shows up and we kill one of you while the other runs away.

You've been singing the same song for years kid. You're boring. You've always avoided pvp. You've never been capable of playing anything other than solo.

PS: only newbies want to fight in guard zones.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol look at you lie!

First off, we've never dueled. Secondly, I never have anyone jump duels.

Anyone I've ever played the game with can vouch I don't have people gank duels. I've dueled lots of LGC, and never once have they been ganked.

Basically what's happening right now is you're scared. Your defense is making up a story in attempts to dodge a duel. You can simply admit you're bad, and refuse to duel that way. Story telling is comical, but weak.

Are you related to Lynk? He Talked a lot of trash and then dodged dueling like it was a plague too. Told me he would only duel on GL...so I sent a mage. Once I got there he went into hiding.:rolleyes2:

It comes down to this Fing, accept the duel or decline it. There's these things called arenas now so you shouldn't fear being ganked.

It's going to be interesting hearing you're next dodge.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 throwing/120 resist/120 tactics/120 anatomy/120 healing/120 ninjitsu

it's a basic easy template set up, but hard hitting. I'm not really the best one to ask about throwing templates though. I still mainly play mages.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You remain a boring Yewbie with a big mouth. You actually defend the practice of avoiding pvp. We've gone to every ridiculous place you kids choose and beat you there. We smashed you at faction bases, in and around cities, in dungeons, at IDOCs(admittedly we don't expect you to share these locations) and random events. You lose everywhere you go, despite often outnumbering us. Now you return to your favorite duel demands. Hurrah, I'm sure you're so proud of yourself. Sure, I'll duel you. I haven't dueled in years or played more than 15 total hours since returning to UO and yet I'll happily duel you. Hell, I still think I have a fine chance at winning given how you've performed in the past. What are your rules chief? What are we playing and how are we playing it?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol.

Props to you finally growing a pair!

How about a Sunday, or Monday night?

Mage duel- no pots/apples/summons/poisoning/fields/pets/forms/protection/weaving.

I know you don't have as many mage templates as I do here so if you feel the need to use necromancy, or mysticism I wont hold it against you. Just let me know here before hand.

jopromol

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
February 17th

I log into vent a little before noon, Sunday morning to hear Q and some others saying that I need to get to his Despise house because the sigils have a short amount of time and OF is guarding them. It took me a few minutes to get a circle and head there but I felt I was making good time. When I get there, we have 4 other people in party (besides myself) and Trent on his way. We make party and head out to Minax Base. When we get there, OF is sitting in their house and the sigils had already been corrupted and brought to their respective towns. Fine.
What pissed me off is that OF talks about how they run sigils for the fight yet when we finally had even numbers, Hongwu, Kitty and several others sat in their house and heckled us as to how we were "too late". Maybe so. But then they refused to come out of the house to PvP. Pretty lame in my humble opinion.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol @ Finglonger for straight up backing out of the duels.

I gave ya a chance to duel during, and after the harry. You went silent in global chat, and even ICQ when twink was messaging you.

Maybe you need more time to practice? Could ya be having a hard time finding someone to duel for you?

Fing you should stick to trade threads, because you sure as hell can't pvp.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol @ Finglonger for straight up backing out of the duels.
Still happy to duel when we're on and there isn't a better fight to go to.

I gave ya a chance to duel during, and after the harry. You went silent in global chat, and even ICQ when twink was messaging you.
During the harrower, we were fighting at the harrower. No offense but that's a lot more fun then a duel. I'm not sure I ever had global open that evening. However, Twink conveyed your message, I said if the harrower didn't end too late, It'd be fine but I wasn't leaving a good fight for a boring one. So either lie less or get your facts straight.

The harrower fight ended after midnight. When I logged, there was still fighting going on elsewhere. I went to bed because I have work and I'm not staying up late when I have to make up work due to the holiday. Have an issue with my priorities? I don't particularly care. real life is always more important than UO.

Maybe you need more time to practice? Could ya be having a hard time finding someone to duel for you?
I've been on for a brief stint one evening in several days. I'm sorry that valentines days and a holiday weekend mean prime UO time for you. Other folks were busy not practicing. Unlike unemployed folks, I don't spend time "practicing" an aspect of UO that died years ago.

Fing you should stick to trade threads, because you sure as hell can't pvp.
You're so witty. Haha! Oh wait no, the other thing. You're boring and your only response is to trash talk here after you get thrashed in game.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what you're trying to say is I've no job,and no woman in my life? According to you I must spend all my time, and effort on UO? I've never been without a job since I was 16(24 now). Worked my way through College, and I'm still working. Nice try kid. Go play pretend lawyer elsewhere, ok?

The one night I've logged in UO in the last 10 days was the harry fight. Why? V-day, work, and UO is all around boring. Stop trying to pretend like you're anything, or anyone important. You're not.

You're just a scared little gamer geek who's avoiding a 20 second fight.

Notice I always say Sunday night, or Monday night for the duel. It's because I have those days off. Set a time for either Sunday night, or Monday night in your next post.

Come at me bro

P.S. Fing you know you're beat when you're the one who attempts personal attacks first. lol what a ****ing loser.:loser:

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And we've been doing so good too!!!
Y'all tighten it up, take it ingame, and get back to telling tall tales on here :)
Argue all ya want, leave the name calling out of it.
:popcorn:

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You've been making personal attacks the entire time RL. Please re-read your own text. Get some class. You're bad. You never seem to ever win and now you've proven once more that you're just a joke and you lack to wits to realize it.

You and your guild are bad. You play as a group poorly. You play solo poorly. You're not good. You never were good. It's unlikely you'll ever be good. Frankly, it's quite clear who you are and nobody here gives a damn.

Last edited:

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not good? OK, that's fine. I really don't care to be in a game. Why does all of LD avoid fighting me 1 v 1 though? If I'm bad, what does that make all of LD?

Since none of you can beat a "bad" player, can any of you be considered pvpers? I think not.

I''v notice you still have not set a time for the duel Fing.:rolleyes2: What do I have to do to make ya feel as though ya have a chance? Do i need to soulstone of med/eval/resist, and play naked for ya to actually step up to the duel you ACCEPTED?

Last edited:

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I give a damn, I also suspect there is a far greater majority of players (even competing players) that would speak for the "skills" of RL's (and some of the other OF! crew) over most players in LD. I don't know all of LD's players, so I won't speak about them (something that doesn't often seem to deter you), but from experience in game RL's posts (while certainly rough at points... :p) are largely accurate, and he is seemingly always willing to challange himself and back up his claims.

Quite obviously there are major attitude differences amongst many of the pvp players on our shard, I suspect it is very evident to all of us players that read these posts which posters are making sense, and which posters are not.

Computer issues unfortunately are keeping me from playing at the moment, but let's try and listen to Uriah, I want to be able to read about some of these battles I can't take part in currently.
We need more pvp posts... I vote Kitty takes over for now, she at least includes funny pictures like Eris. :D

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will vouch for RLs. Even though he dosent need it. He is able to back up his "crap talking" and his guild always shows class. Sure, as with any PvP, people get mouthy, but for the most part OF is very amiable. Ha look at me riding his nuts. Ohh well RLs is mah dude and I got nothing but love for him!

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And we've been doing so good too!!!
Y'all tighten it up, take it ingame, and get back to telling tall tales on here :)
Argue all ya want, leave the name calling out of it.
:popcorn:
Aren't you glad I don't post here! There would be mayhem! Love you all Legends players! I don't mind dieing at all just wish it wouldn't be so often! Main objective is to have fun! I need Frodo's Invisibility cloak ASAP!

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Letting my accounts go down again since there's hardly any pvp left in the game. I might jump back on again in 6months-a year and check the pvp scene out.
Maybe LD will have had enough time to practice by then, and be willing to duel. I doubt it though.

Also LGC you no longer need to hide on GL.:pie:

Last edited:

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
sad but true, been almost no pvp trash talk in quite some time =/

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Letting my accounts go down again since there's hardly any pvp left in the game. I might jump back on again in 6months-a year and check the pvp scene out.
Maybe LD will have had enough time to practice by then, and be willing to duel. I doubt it though.

Also LGC you no longer need to hide on GL.:pie:
Yeah it's a shame, I'm still out of commission due to a serious computer issue and I know Drac is missing as well, so apparently some people have left the shard (seccond hand information from Ment), which definately can't have helped the pvp situation out at all.

I certainly miss playing with all you gals and guys... it hasn't been easy. I have luckily been able to keep myself (mostly) distracted so far with games like Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), a PS3 game here and there (I miss my computer), and all the research I've had to do on new computer parts, but it's still difficult. Much respect to you RL's (and other legends pvpers), I'll make sure to have people pester you if when I finally get up and running, and we can hopefully get some pvp again.

Untill then, good luck to you and all the other legends players in whatever adventures you find yourselves in.

Last edited: