• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Babble Thread - with all new +STUN+ code! [Off Topic]

B

BadgerSmaker

DPS one seems pants, PvE set is good for Heroics I guess...

PvP Dire Snare set is a must for PvP.

Bored waiting for c11 to get out of the way, cant get anything fixed until its done. :/

P

Penti

Any word on Ch11? Would be nice to hear SOMETHING about it, coz as you say all other work on the game seems to have halted.

Read something somewhere about some cooldown bug? Whats the score on that, as I think I got done by someone using it the other night. Got hit twice in 1sec by Force Lighting 7 plus 2 other hits in that time, which totally screwed me........

B

BadgerSmaker

Any word on Ch11? Would be nice to hear SOMETHING about it, coz as you say all other work on the game seems to have halted.

Read something somewhere about some cooldown bug? Whats the score on that, as I think I got done by someone using it the other night. Got hit twice in 1sec by Force Lighting 7 plus 2 other hits in that time, which totally screwed me........
Jewelry of Dark Fury

Full 5 piece set total: Force Shockwave Action Cost 25, Force Lightning Action Cost 25, Force Shockwave Cooldown 40 (4 second reduction), Force Lightning Cooldown 40 ( 4 second reduction), 2.5 sec reduction in Force Shockwave Cooldown, 20% Fury Chance.

Fury resets the cooldown of Force Lightning, Force Maelstrom or Force Shockwave after their use.

That's what pwnt you.

And there are always new/old things left to fix.

P

Penti

I suspected it might be a jewellry thing, but was told by a couple of DoW jedi that it wouldnt be that quick?

Hey ho, just glad it wasnt a sploit or I'd be really pished off.

Managed to get 2 Pieces of the Dire Snare set last night, and may be able to do enough heroics to possibly get another piece tonight.

B

BadgerSmaker

I suspected it might be a jewellry thing, but was told by a couple of DoW jedi that it wouldnt be that quick?

Hey ho, just glad it wasnt a sploit or I'd be really pished off.

Managed to get 2 Pieces of the Dire Snare set last night, and may be able to do enough heroics to possibly get another piece tonight.
The Fury set is freaking powerful, take the three most powerful attacks in the game then give it a 20% chance to instant cooldown...

The DJ can spam those three at you, and have 20% chance for each one to insta-cooldown, then do it again, and get another chance on that roll! :O

P

Penti

Hang on, I thought it was BH that was overpowered..........

This game is so frustrating sometimes :(

Couldnt be bothered last night, went to a pub quiz and missed the 1st prize of £281 by 1 question :(

B

BadgerSmaker

Hectic weekend, Friday I just chilled in bed after baby went to sleep, playing on my wifes DS... Theme Park DS is just as buggy as the original I played... 10? years ago... and has less features...

Got a bit addicted to it, in a train wreck kind of way... was mostly trying to find workarounds for new bugs in the game... sad that I find that entertaining really.

Saturday morning I got up and took my baby to the seaside, had a fantastic time just us two. "Silly Daddy" let go of the cheap kite that we had brought with us at one point and we watched it sail away over the hills. :(

Later on in the day, Rosy and I were checking out the shells on the beach, when Daddy spotted a jellyfish-like thing floating nearby, it was the kite! I grabbed it and let the wind take it again, but held the string as it went, expecting the handle to be severed/damaged but as the coil of string slowly emerged from the beach the handle popped out and was fine! :D

There was much rejoicing.

Saturday we all went on a boat trip down the Thames, some works do from the wifes company. Quite nice but think I could have made better use of the time.

No SWG at all, nice to have a break sometimes.

P

Penti

Missed friday night SWG as get beernapped big style and got home around 5.30am Saturday. Got ingame around 4pm and took some orders for pets, did some questing to help a guildies new toon level. Did a long krayt hunt yesterday to get some more hydro's and was getting stunning results from the extractions. Any hydro's not 7.0 or greater were coming out with about 5+ mutation ??? Right bizarre results, but I'm not complaining. Plus the spawn was going mad, with krayts everywhere you looked !!!

P

Penti

Slippery slope...........

Got 2 more 60pt orders last night, plus people willing to pay for mutations. Could eventually earn me a few credits?

Heard a new potential sploit last night. Smuggler was running around Restuss spamming pistol whip every couple of seconds. Now THATS not possible without sploiting is it? Was a toon with a generated name too.

B

BadgerSmaker

Probably named his pistol "Pistol Whip 4" or something, so that it looks like this:

IRenamedMyPistolSomethingFunny attacks Penti with Pistol Whip 4 for 432 Damage
IRenamedMyPistolSomethingFunny attacks Penti with Pistol Whip 4 for 132 Damage

I got my 15k GCW from a few hours of PvP last night, was good to get back in game again... really enjoyed it, as usual. :)

P

Penti

Well I totally respect the player concerned (was Supertom) who knows his stuff and the impression he gave was that he was pretty much perma-stunned?

B

BadgerSmaker

I like Supertom, knows his stuff. Quite often PvP together.

There are some client hacks going around at the moment but none that reset cooldowns, that I know of.

I did get hit with Pistol Whip three times the other night, but that was from three different Smugglers chaining it on me. :D

Kinda felt honoured that the saw me as enough of a threat to all burn their PW cooldowns on teh badger. :D

P

Penti

Damn good player tbh.

Still not convinced its the naming thing. Tom's too smart for that and wouldnt have thrown the wobbly in Ventrilo unless he was getting something odd happening. The "generated" name also threw me, and we are talking a credit farmer type generated name.........

I havent had a chance to talk to him about it, but the first thing he asked me was what the cooldown timer was?

Sold some pets this week, which is good, but mutations are a right PITA !!! Should clear a 60pointer out of 1 incubator tonite which is promised to a guildie for about 40mill. Then got another 60pointer to craft for Cho'ta so busy busy busy.

B

BadgerSmaker

Really into the BM lark eh mate? Nice one, I dabbled with it on TC and tried it on live but spec'd most of my toons out of it after a while, much prefer profession abilities... maybe could set up Praecor as a BM/Officer though... buffbot that he is now....

P

Penti

Oh yeah. Its quite nce to be able to craft stuff thats viable for a change, AND use all those stupid bits and bobs that get looted in the honest pursuit of total carnage.......

Just a shame the consumables are stupidly expensive to either buy OR produce, as this makes high point pets crazily priced and is also what makes mutation pets ridiculously pricey.

P

Penti

Mate, you have noooooooooooooo idea. Its the damn consumables. Bear in mind on 1 krayt session I go through a minimum of 2 crates of enzyme extractors, which wont even be an hour, and I might get 10 hydro's over 8 pruity/mutagen. Thats with maxed extractors and each extractors uses over 4000 resource units. Then there's all the other enzyme processing consumables to try and make 20pt hydro's.............

Its a massive money sink, but the potential pay-back balances things out mostly.

B

BadgerSmaker

It's Thursday.. and that means BMT at subway!!! :)

Was just playing TCG last night, finally beat the third imperial scenario... on easy mode... I r noob...

P

Penti

I couldnt work out what the hell I was doing, so ignore the whole TCG thing apart from the free loot once a month.

Could murder a nice Subway right now. Will have to settle for Ryvita+cheese :(

B

BadgerSmaker

It's quite a nice game to play, the TCG, and the linking of items and cards from SWG to TCG and vice versa is lots of fun to participate in.

Showed it to my son Ben this morning and he seemed to like it too! :)

Z

Zokra

Yo yo yo! This is me checking in!

Still resisting the urge to resub... it's tough some times... though I have no desire to play.

Been playing Force Unleashed a bit - that's ok... but mainly into Crysis: Warhead and Wipeout HD at the moment. Nice to spend a bit of time again on non-mmo games!

Off to Amsterdam this weekend (I am sure you're fascinated to learn) for a stag-do so should be completely off my t!ts on everything for the first time in many years! Very much looking forward to it!!

B

BadgerSmaker

Wahey, Amsterdam... have a good time mate.

Tried to PvP on my spy last night, was having fun then ISP gave me loads of PLoss so I wandered off to bed :/

P

Penti

I've been doing alot of heroics and totally neglected PvP. Just 2 Akxva's short of my 5th piece of Rogue Set.

Got 2 60pt pets done this week, a nice mid level 40+ point cat done for a guildie and a potential chubafly on the 1st stage. Need to get cracking on some more mutations, but need to sort out some more decent level iso's etc AND I'm running short on good Geo Energy.............. where does all the time and resources go?

B

BadgerSmaker

Lots more PvP on my spy recently, and with 13 camo :D

Have enough GCW for rank 3... gotta start somewhere...

P

Penti

Between running heroics, crafting pets & BM components and dealing with guild squabbles I have had no time to PvP!!

Did make about 100mill from pet sales, but running incredibly low on consumables and totally out of raw hydrolase enzymes.

B

BadgerSmaker

I really do need to get regular heroics runs sorted for my toons, just find the instances a bit dull...

P

Penti

Wow, seriously underwhelmed by the Galactic Moon Festival stuff. It looks like a lot of work has gone into it, but having to spend an hour running round spamming with every other idiot is not particularly entertaining tbh........

Still, with this out of the way now at least we can look forward to an imminent appearance of Hoth????

B

BadgerSmaker

Wow, seriously underwhelmed by the Galactic Moon Festival stuff. It looks like a lot of work has gone into it, but having to spend an hour running round spamming with every other idiot is not particularly entertaining tbh........

Still, with this out of the way now at least we can look forward to an imminent appearance of Hoth????
Not logged it to check it out yet... get home, get baby to bed for 20:00 then usually just get to sleep myself... :sleep2:

Will have a look tonight if I can...

B

BadgerSmaker

So? What do you think? Given up on it already tbh........
I got the projector III on Freya'l now, figured it would give me a higher rate of coin gain... guess I'll get the badge and/or house sign...

P

Penti

Managed 2 sessions and that was it, although I may go for the badge and/or painting.

Didnt get in game much this weekend. Did about 6 levels on my n00b jedi on Farstar so finally have him all lightsaber'd up, albeit only with a 1st Gen giveaway glowstick. Still find the Legacy Series a bit of a chore, but it does seem more productive xp-wise now? They certainly seem to have redone alot of it so that it isnt back and forth between the same area 20 times, and updates "on the fly" so to speak.

Still looking forward to Hoth tho. Neeeeeeeeeeed some new challenges tbh. May even grind up my TC-Prime toon.........

P

Penti

God I hating being ill :(

Seem to have some sort of recurring vomiting/diarrhoea thing going on. I'll be ill for 36-48 hours feel fine for 2-3 days then ill again :(

Anyone done any Hoth testing? I've run the imperial one of TC a couple of times and really really enjoyed it so far, even if both times have bugged out badly.....

I'm still spending alot of time running heroics and BMing, but finding it hard to get people to help kill krayts with my BM. Also need to constantly re-invest in BM consumables so its hard balancing the cash flow :(

B

BadgerSmaker

Don't suppose your illness is starting on Saturday or Sunday mornings, improving right up till Friday Night and then starting again? :p

Ran the imp hoth instance when it first went to TC but wasn't all that impressed at all, sounds like they made a lot of changes since, but I'm gonna play it on live now... dont want to spoil it any more.

If you see me online send me a tell and I'll come help you mate, I use station launcher so will probably be playing on some other server or char, but you'll see me logged in and I'll get your tells.

P

Penti

Been running instances most nights for various guildies to get their full sets or 2nd full sets. Always useful to "bank" these extra tokens for alternative sets. Got caught out on my BH when the nerfed the Dire Fate set.

Have run Hoth from both sides now and the rebel one seems much harder, but it could be because we werent really trying that hard tbh. I reckon the imperial one is ok and its just a mad tear-up ramage through the base.

I'm still doing loads of Beastmaster stuff, but it seems there's almost as many credits going out in consumables as there is incoming from sales !!!

Got 3 or 4 of the DoW guys well up for the meet in February. Its gonna be messy and my liver/kidneys are aching already just at the thought of it.

So hows life in Badger-ville? How's the wife/kids/pets/work? All's pretty quiet my end. Social life has bombed, work is horrendous, family are good though.

B

BadgerSmaker

Family is great mate, my little badger girl is growing so fast, she'll be two next week, but she seems so much older. I remember my youngest boy, Ben, was pretty quiet when he was two, but Rosy and I regularly have full on conversations.

Just this morning we were talking over breakfast, and she reminded me that it's not polite to talk with food in your mouth. "Finish your food, then talk, Daddy". :love:

Work is great, got a $2000 dollar bonus last month from being awesome but getting a bit restless as I've been in the same job for over six months now!!! Almost a record.

Social life? My kids are my social life I'm afraid, I'm always looking for fun days out and stuff... although the dog and I have started frequenting the local pub on our way home from the park. ;)

Been enjoying levelling a Commando on Bloodfin recently, SWG wise... was running the Meatlump themepark for the first time to investigate claims of "godly XP". There are six repeatable quests that grant 20% of the XP you need to level up and two more that you can do every 24 hours.

Those are indeed very nice, combined with running COMPNOR and traditional quests in a group levelling is lots of fun.

P

Penti

LOL, I have similar conversations with my niece, and she says exactly the same thing. She also tells me off for dropping by t's in words like "Luton" or "better". She's far too clever for her own good and comes out with some priceless comments. Keira has also rekindled my love of all things Lego !!!! Have caught myself browsing Ebay for technic lego on several occasions lately. Isnt life cool :)

I've kinda stumbled on levelling my TCP char as BM is taking so much of my time.

Looking forward to kicking it in the Hoth instance and I think DoW are planning a decent turnout for this RP/PvP event at the weekend.

B

BadgerSmaker

I usually give new content a while to breathe before jumping on it, seem to end up with less frustration that way.

With C11 out of the way, time to focus on more gameplay improvements.

P

Penti

I want shed loads of spy stuff doing, BM improvements, lag problems solved, GCW and something to make space more interesting !!!

B

BadgerSmaker

Spy got some love with Razor Slash / Blaster Burst in Chapter 11 now also adding 2% damage taken per stack to the target that others can benefit from, more to come in the next Game Update (6).

What kind of BM improvements? I was working on a bug with incubator timer mods not working... should follow up on that.

Lag... combat lag I assume... Mass PvP etc?

GCW update is penciled in for Game Update 8... long way off yet really.

Space... errr... what like?

P

Penti

I must admit the spy change was a nice little change for us, so kudos for that to the dev team.

BM...... yup incubation times need sorting. I cracked off 3 tauntuan mounts last night on 3 chars. 1 has full expertise, the other have just enuff to make mounts. All 3 incubators have the same stats yet all show exactly the same incubation time!!! I would also like the mutation system revamped, as there is absolutely no consistency to it at all, which frustrates immensely.

GCW needs love urgently. And lag is just restricted to combat. It was even worse last night !!! It took me 15 mins just to get out of the door on the Ryatt Trail, another 8 mins to depart Kashyyk and about 3mins to load into Theed. Couldnt drop anything in my house, couldnt shuttle, couldnt call vehicle, couldnt open factory. I usually have a consistent 70-78 ping but lately its all over the shop, with mass lag at times, packet loss all over the place and bandwidth in spiking like crazy.

Space? Something interesting !!!

B

BadgerSmaker

With Packet loss it is extremely rare that the problem can be blamed on SoE, once in the last six months at least have they had a network outage and that took out access to a whole bunch of servers, when SoE has a network problem, its often a huge one.

What ISP are you on? ISPs like virgin media throttle your contended bandwidth at peak times, I regularly get packet loss because of this and avoid PvP or high end content from 18:00 to 23:00 due to their poor service.

Levelled my commando on bloodfin to 90, well I say I did, it was more of a joint family effort. One I'd shown the wife the meatlump puzzles, and the boy saw them, they all wanted to play it... showed them how to run all the camps and they levelled me while I spent time with Badger Junior. :)

Took them all out to tropical forest in syon lane park over the weekend, they all loved it, the baby tells me her favourite part was when we were watching a show where the staff bring out all the animals for the kids to hold and the resident giant tortoise crashed the show, pushing chairs and toddlers aside as he tried to make his way through the crowd that had invaded HIS house.

Great place, can certainly recommend it.

P

Penti

My ISP is BT but th thing is dude, I NEVER get packet loss and this last week has been horrendous. Lag has been ridiculous to the point of not being able to travel, use inventory, call vehicle, craft, login, logout or ANYTHING. I've got guildies that can run any instance, PvP in Restuss or anywhere else but they get lagged out and frequent crashes as soon as they try and do Hoth. This is not coincidence !!!

DoW can do Hoth Imperial version Stages 2+3 flawlessly, however Stage 1 has us totally puzzled. Of course it doesnt help when the damn lag etc causes us to eventually load in with 5 mins already gone on the instance timer and already 4 AT-AT's destroyed ???

Oh, whilst I think about it, if you do any Hoth runs I'm desperate for tauntaun hearts and ammunition crates (both junk loot) for my BM's.......... Can make u a free tauntaun in exchange?

Glad to hear you have the family well trained :) I havent that luxury, but I am working on a few friends to try the game again.

B

BadgerSmaker

There was a login and travel time bug that they hotfixed last week, you still seeing that?

With Ploss you need to rule out your kit and connection first before applying blame anywhere mate, I see so many people blame SoE for them having a crap PC and connection, I have both myself.

P

Penti

Well I didnt get it at all on my old PC, now I get it on the new one but only recently? I know it aint my setup, but cant honestly say it isnt my ISP, but have no problems with anything else? Its irritating only but this lag sh1t is pishing me off big style.

That patch seems to have done f all. Its not the actual travel time, its the time for an actual response to anything. Have to wait an age to launch into space, catch a shuttle, buy a ticket, open my inventory in fact just about do anything. Then it mysteriously gets better unil I go into an instance. As soon as I come out the world has gone into meltdown again? Seems to me its some sort of "server transition" problem.

B

BadgerSmaker

Do you have the network monitor switched on?

If you are getting any packet loss or high ping run this from the command prompt:

tracert chimaera.starwarsgalaxies.com

That will show you your internet connections route to the server.

You can also try this command which will constantly run in the background and poll Chim to make sure your ISP is getting through OK:

ping chimaera.starwarsgalaxies.com -t

If you get any "request timed out" then you have an issue with your route to the game server.

You can also try:

pathping chimaera.starwarsgalaxies.com

This will do a combination of both the above commands, in that it pings each hop (each router that your connection to Chim goes through) and then reports on how well each one responded.

Feel free to copy and paste the results here if you want me to check em, mate.

P

Penti

Well, surprisingly since the last couple of updates my p/loss etc has not resurfaced. Get some lag spikes but the connection is stable??????

On a much lighter note.......

DoW had a flawless run on the Imperial version of Hoth last night. This, as far as we can work out, Could be a server first for the Imperial version. HOORAY FOR US !!!!

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?topic_id=793045