• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Babble Thread - with all new +STUN+ code! [Off Topic]

Z

Zokra

Cos you've been a bad bad badger...

Where's my fecking Hero of Rememberance Day badge???

B

BadgerSmaker

Just make a new toon on Kauri! :p

CL83 BH on infinity now, the group grinding has been good. I log in and get tells from people asking if I am going grinding or questing because we get lots of lovely XP together.

Dropped some elite harvesters so I can pull resource for the respec to structures and then grind to 90, respec to munitions and make my SEAs and Exotics.

D

dracokyaku

Where's my fecking Hero of Rememberance Day badge???
I just got mine, stopped by in Coronet on the way back from a Static base after grabbing some stims, had a conversation with a rather grumpy Caerwynn who'd been waiting 5 hours.

Some fantastic pvp yesterday too, great numbers on both sides, I walked away with over 300 kills - not seen anything like it for a long while.

Catch much of last weeks E3 Zok?

Z

Zokra

Not so much - I've seen little bits and pieces like the KOTOR mmo... seen a lot of people saying how great it will be, others saying they were hoping for KOTOR 3, more others saying they hope it kills SWG and a few saying that they hope jedi aren't a playable class...

Err... that's about it really... *goes off to google E3*

B

BadgerSmaker

...more others saying they hope it kills SWG ...
I don't know about that, I thknk you'd be hard pressed to make a sizable dent in SWG subs with a game that isn't based on the Star Wars Movies.

I never got in to KOTOR as it's all about Jedi...

Z

Zokra

@ Drac,

PM me an email address and I'll send you an AoC buddy key!

Also, if anyone else is interested I still have a couple spare...

P

Penti

Pretty much given up with AoC now. Although I havent played any SWG lately, or much of anything tbh.

B

BadgerSmaker

I logged on Myna over the weekend and DoW were asking about you, Neil.

P

Penti

Ahhh, thats nice. Could do with some "nice". Been a pretty cruddy couple of weeks all in all. Will log in tonite I think.

Think I might need a day/evening out in fairest London town soon.......

B

blabla997

just a question where u find a incubator besides a player house/shop

B

BadgerSmaker

Incubators can only be obtained from Structures Traders or player vendors.

The exploit with beast experience gain was fixed in chapter 10, in case that was what you were interested in.

Day 1 for me as a regular player after three years as a community leader an it's such a relief, I got a whiney PM on the official forums this morning and I just told them to do one.

Usually would have to pander to their crying, but now all the emo kids can get stuffed! :)

Z

Zokra

Strange... I had you pegged as an emo kid... :)

A kind of drunken and abusive emo kid... but emo kid nevertheless...

B

BadgerSmaker

:p

I logged a ticket last night because I got gated from a quest, the GM linked me to the guide I had written.

Twunt.

P

Penti

I hope you put in a complaint about that mate !!!

Racked up some GCW last night during some good pvp but ultimately tiredness won :(

B

BadgerSmaker

Yes I added a suitable reply.

Was grinding on Infinity last night, good fun on lair grind then did Kuabaza Beetle cave, thats much easier now and you can clone and come back like heroics, timer to complete it is a lot longer too.

Just had a lunchtime burger and a beer, nice stuff. :)

P

Penti

GU5 !!! YAY.........

Gotta decide on what uber guns I fancy getting made. Plus sort out my BM. Plus respec my toons.

Woo Hoo, loads more ingame stuff to enjoy.

B

BadgerSmaker

Time to work on levelling my spy now that my BH is done... cl59 so far...

P

Penti

Majorly busy weekend so didnt get a chance to do anything PC or SWG related....

Will jump in game tonite as I need some GCW AND wanna sort out my medic buffbot :p

B

BadgerSmaker

Had a total of ten days with my baby in the end... was lovely.

Went to visit the in-laws in Devon, long drive and the weather sucked but we went to some cool places that the kids really enjoyed.

Sad that I didn't get to take them to the beach due to the rain, will have to drive down to west wittering as soon as the sun comes up on a weekend.

Finished levelling my BH, started working on my Spy who is now cl65 and will start my tour of Mustafar.

Levelling really does teach you the ins and outs of a profession, already seen some glaring issues with spy.

Also enjoying not being a Senator anymore, spend a lot less time worrying about the forums and more time playing or doing more interesting things than SWG. :)

P

Penti

Spy issues huh? Do tell..........

Birthday tomorrow and I gotta tommorow AND friday, so no mammoth booze session for me :( Went to parents last night before going to the gym. Mum tried to give me a massive meal, which wasnt the greatest idea and I had to politely decline. Cant be throwing it up in the middle of the gym.

B

BadgerSmaker

Huh, it's your birthday??? :O

When are we going to go for beers in London again mate? We're well past due now.

Z

Zokra

Weren't we supposed to be having another big g@y swg london bum-fest at some point?

Oh... and happy birthday Pent!

P

Penti

Thanks guys :)

Yup, well overdue for a few beverages. And yeah Tyler ya big ******-bag, when are you gonna pull your finger out and organise the big meetup?

B

BadgerSmaker

A very happy birthday then mate!!!

Meh, Nick am fail @ 2008 London SWG Fan Party arranging.

Want me to sort it out?

B

BadgerSmaker

Hey corthreat, welcome to the babble!

Ahhhh... Lag.... Last night had 500+ ping and multiple client disconnects while fighting in 50 player battles in restuss on chimaera, got fed up and went to play on infinity instead.

Its so frustrating that pretty much only ground based attacks like Smugglers Dirty Trick, Medics Trauga Gas Canister and Commando Mines will actually do any damage when the server gets lagged like that, can't heal unless a medic uses area heal so you just wait till DoTs kill you.

Dropping AoE attacks in Restuss medical center and having them play through all three levels of the structure seems very wrong, drop a ground based AoE on the top floor and everyone on the ground and first floors gets effected too... Damn SWG and its lack of Z axis! :)

P

Penti

Spent a fair portion of the weekend levelling my pet for my trader. Got 2 rare collection items drop, completed 6 Best Dye Kit collections, gathered about 15 "prime cuts" and got my little kliknik up to level 46.

Oh, also managed to get about 12-15 of those new enhancers and augmentations. All low-mid level, but probably useful. I also managed to get about 5 or 6 from the elite rebels in nashal.......

Rest of weekend was booze-related :)

B

BadgerSmaker

My wife took me out and got me drunk on Friday, badger junior girls stayed at grandmas for the night and was fine.

Didn't really enjoy it, ended up drinking far too much and still feeling ill. :(

Meh @ boozing.

P

Penti

Oh forgot to tell ya...........

I was levelling my pet on a nice rapid spawn of spiders in the NE corner of Talus, a Legacy Quest place. So, being mindful of not interfering with people's play I stopped any time someone else came along. Well, this level 40 something dude rocks up and starts killing the spawn to get to the items he needs so I recall my pet and decide to sort through my inventory to free up some space. Anyway I get a /tell which I missed, then the guy sends another saying "Are you gonna kill these?", I reply in the negative and he throws a complete fit at me!!!!

Honestly, there's no pleasing some people.......

B

BadgerSmaker

Rapid spawn? How fast is rapid?

Check out my thread on the stratics IRC channel, gonna try and build it up as a community tool and see if it is useful.

P

Penti

Rapid as in appears faster than a wild lair spawn but nothing like the speed of say...... the dudes outside Tyrena?

Thinking of respeccing my main toons around. Possible changes are Todra from BH to Spy, Penti from Spy to Smuggler.

I've got a smuggler build in mind, but would appreciate any personal advice on things that are "must haves" or "avoid at all costs". Gonna get some suitably hawt pistols specced up, and am actively seeking/looting/buying/stealing the necessary add-ins.....

B

BadgerSmaker

Mmmm... smugglerzorz...

A few choices really... melee or ranged? Melee is very hardcore and you will get pwnt by kiting in PvP a lot, but very powerful. Ranged am win all over the shop. :D

Then you can chose between debuffer, lucky procs or defense bypassing.

Debuffer is pretty cool in PvE but can be hard in PvP, lucky is kind of unreliable but kills anyone when it goes off, I prefer the defense bypassing with Off the Cuff, False Hope and Pistol Whip... requires timing and tactics and makes you feel like you're in control.

B

BadgerSmaker

You've wasted a point in Enhanced Precision/Enhanced Luck, you only need four points in tier 1.

If you put two points in "Hidden Padding" and 1 point in gun oil then 1 point in Enhanced Precision or Enhanced Luck as you then save one point for point Lined Pockets.

Your Smuggler tab is the same as mine except I don't have two points in Blaster at your Side.

Take a point out of that and put it in Lined Pockets for the 10k armour, then move the last point into Fake Goods and thats my template. :)

P

Penti

Is that 1 point in Fake Goods really worth it? Hmmm, somehow seem to have lost "Narrow Escape" ?????

I think I'm just being thick, but I'll work it out

B

BadgerSmaker

I find it useful, sucks when you lob false hope at someone and they get out of range before it debuffs them.

P

Penti

Sorted out my stuff and respecced Penti last night. Started setting up the toolbar, macro's etc then realised it was midnight!!!

Picked up a cheap CL90 pistol to get me started whilst I sort out the bits for an uber pistol. Got myself a +24 ranged crit thing last night, and have a +210(ish) Health add-in as well, but would like something a little better. What elemental would you recommend? I'm thinking acid for the crit bonus, but possibly cold might be better for sustained dps?

Picked up a lovely set of Green Marauder Recon armour, but will most likely get the chestplate remade for the bonus. Must say I really love the look of this armour......

B

BadgerSmaker

Dunno on elementals really, I've yet to put together some new weapons... still using the lamprey that Nick gave me.

I'm usually one or two publishes behind on new content. ;)

P

Penti

I found the elite rebels in Nashal have a decent drop rate on the 20-25 crit modifiers and low-mid 200 health/action augmentations. I'm not gonna bust my wotsits trying to get the top enhancers for the sake of 80 health/action etc.

Gonna try and get my +35's done tonite, depending how long I bother to stay at the gym. Not sure I can be arsed to do too much of a workout as its damed humid here at the moment, which kinda saps the will to push myself tbh.

B

BadgerSmaker

I think I had a few spare +35 power bits knocking about if you need 'em.

P

Penti

Morning all :)

Thanks for that offer Dax, may be take advantage of that if I may?

Didnt get home until 11.30 last night so didnt get any ingame time at all. Mate had a bit of a personal crisis so had to sort him out (non violent of course......) and time just slipped by a little too quickly. No plans for boozing this weekend, so hopefully can knock off a load of stuff for the "new" character.

Z

Zokra

Speaking of gym and stuff :)

I'm down 6lbs! Wooohoo! Just a mere 16st 8lbs now... At this rate I should be 16st by Christmas... how depressing... best not to think about it I guess...

On the SWG front... thinking about possibly starting to think about playing again... lost all interest in AoC now really, so unless they do something really earth shattering with it I think I'm done... LotRO I got bored of again... was fun for a while but overall it's just dull...

P

Penti

That pretty much echoes my thought Zok. I want to shift about another 2st but now I'm even noticing the change, as opposed to other people just saying they can see it. Have had to make so many new holes in my various belts, which is always gratifying, and then seeing the muscle tone starting to re-appear :D

Decided I'm definately gonna try and get shed loads done in SWG this weekend. Only commitment I have got is to see the parents for lunch tomorrow before they go on hols.

Gotta respec Todra to Spy
Get new SEA's made
New pistols made
Some houses put down on other accounts
Sort my medic out
etc etc