• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Babble Thread - with all new +STUN+ code! [Off Topic]

B

BadgerSmaker

I was going to pick your brains over a smuggler debuffer template, I managed to cram one together in the end, should be fun.

D

dracokyaku

Ah, working well?

I just *cough* exploited *cough* the vartonis instance to pick up a Lair Crystal, quite fancied the +10% damage boost while it's active.

Had to show these off though.. damage attacks while in the instance and under the influence of the Crystal. :lol:

B

BadgerSmaker

FFS I thought we'd got that exploit fixed...

Off I go again...

Z

Zokra

Hehe... gotta love that... 40k+ damage in one hit :)

Still waiting on AoC buddy keys by the way Drac... haven't forgotten... I guess they're too busy fixing to worry about that yet...
Hit level 37 now... not too long and I can use my rhino and mammoth mounts - woohoo!!

D

dracokyaku

Thanks Zok, No rush mate - Jas is still spending most of her free time playing Final Fantasy on-line rolleyes:

Sent you a PM on the OF's about the Vartonis instance, Dax.

B

BadgerSmaker

Awesome weekend, took a half day on Friday and got home in time to take baby to the "Tumble Tots" session at our local leisure center that features a soft play area and trampolining.

Great fun, I even grazed my knee on one of the slides as we went down, which I found to be extremely humourous to get my first playground related injury in... 18 years? :)

Took the family into London on Saturday morning to visit the London Aquarium and baby loved it more than I thought she would, running all over the place and finding more "FISH!".

Went straiught to my parents wedding anniversary after getting back and that was a good party, treated myself to some champers and a beer. :D

Sunday we went to the park but it was damn hot so we went home to play and got out revenge on the park as the sun was going down. Mwahahha!! :gun:

Did get some SWG time in, did a bit of PvP, and an illicit goods Smuggling mission where I noticed that the NPCs are all dying quite easily to my 1337 Smuggling skills again, but mostly was building a new Vaksai that Vincent76, the Smuggler Senator helped me quest for, hoping I can get some decent parts for it and be viable in space PvE and PvP because right now I am teh suck.

P

Penti

I am alive............. just :p

Been stupidly busy/stressed etc but looking like things are slowing down a little next week.

Will try and catch with y'all ingame :D

B

BadgerSmaker

Great to hear from you again mate.

These forums are so slow I can't reply to this thread from my mobile anymore. :(

P

Penti

Woah, wot a week last week turned out to be !!!!

Busier than we've been in ages, and the fuel protests etc dont help. Loads of stupid jobs from out of the way places going to even more ridiculous places for insanely low amounts of cash. Makes it bloody hard to find vehicles.......

Add that to looking after a mates mutt whilst he was away with work, AND looking after my parents place while they're away. This weeks looking better though :)

B

BadgerSmaker

Sounds like you should have left the dog to look after your mum and dads house. ;)

Chapter 10 looming on the horizon then, probably live on Thursday.

Hoping that we can get something done with GCW content in Chapter 11 to go with the Hoth instance, and then just pushing for some form of mentoring/sidekick/apprenticeship system to help mitigate the penalties for grouping with people far above or below your own combat level...

...then I can quit I guess. :D

Z

Zokra

They've got apprenticeship in AoC... horribly abused system at the moment...

Can be used to max characters in 32 hours apparently... in SWG I guess that would equate to about 32 minutes...

Nice idea though if it can be done properly :)

B

BadgerSmaker

In the concept I posted, all that happens is that the higher level player has his level modified in the group UI only, so that MObs that con white to the low level player still do.

The I just suggested a health, action and damage output debuff on the higher level player scaling dependant on the level difference.

Whats the specific mechanic being abused with the system in AoC?

Z

Zokra

Well, in AoC it works in the opposite direction so that a low level player has his level increased to the mentors level -1.

So, if a level 80 aprentices a level 20 player for example, the level 20 becomes level 79.

They then go and grind level 80 mobs and quests, the level 20 gets masses of xp and is actually level 80 in no time at all.

Silly eh?

B

BadgerSmaker

Yup, dumb.

SWG kinda allows you to bump up a player to your level as it sets the their con level to the highest member of the group. They still earn XP as if they were killing stuff the same level as them ungrouped though, and can't accept quests that are too high level for them.

Worked well right up until they put in a massive glancing blow chance on MObs 15 levels above you to stop people like me grinding noob chars on level 80+ spawn by kiting.

That massive glancing blow chance is still in place when you group with a high level character, even though the MObs now con white to you.

Been trying to get it fixed for ages.

Z

Zokra

Heh :)

We had an interesting 'fix' in AoC recently... it used to work that mobs over about 8 levels below you would suffer massive miss chance against you and you would do more damage against them - fair enough I thought (though could have probably used a bit of tweaking).

Anyway... they 'fixed' it so that now the bigger the level difference between you and an elite mob the harder the elite hits you... what amuses me most though is the devs on the EU forums say this is as designed and the devs on the US forums say it is a bug...

Got to love mmos :)

B

BadgerSmaker

MOb damage output hs been problematic in SWG over the years, I think pre-NGE they all used to be capped at 4 seconds delay per hit, and they could do a special in that slot if chance decided they should.

Their specials were freakishly powerful sometime (DWB group wipes to a wraith doing a single advanced strafe through a wall).

The NGE set the attack speed to 1 second with some random specials pulled from the new professions thrown in.

This was owning everyone and there was much crying, so the devs quick fixed it to an attack every 1.5 seconds.

All continued as was right up until chapter 6; where the dev team decided that they should probably do something about players soloing high end group content.

They beefed up the NPCs max hitpoints and armour and gave them more damage, and again people were getting owned and crying.

Guess what the attack speed of an NPC is now, thats right, 2 seconds. :/

Rebalance combat then have to make global changes when you get it wrong.

B

BadgerSmaker

Been busy busy busy recently.

Started driving lessons yesterday as bored of 1.5 hour communte each way. It all came back to me after about five minutes and I was motoring along no problems. :)

Been borrowing one of Neils accounts to play a new Entertainer on Kauri, by far the lowest population server in SWG.

Thanks to the new player search tool I found a really cool guild as well as entertainers to jam with and people to chat to about the state of the game and what else we can do to help Kauri.

Hopefully it can give me some ideas on the best way to get them some more players.

P

Penti

Hehe, nice to now ;)

Not had any gaming time lately, between manic workloads and "neighbour issues" !!! Got some PvP in last night for a while but it went dead around 11pm. Guess all the rebel kiddies had to go to bed as its a school night :p

So whats the feedback been like on these community search tools?

B

BadgerSmaker

Really good feedback from the ones that have used it properly, the usual complaints from people that couldn't figure out how to check some boxes and click the search button.

I've been loving it, had a CL46 BH on Infinity who has been using the serach tool to find players 10 levels higher or lower than her current level to group with for compnor missions and quests.

The extra XP from grouping with three or four other players gives me an extra level from each set of ten missions, CL53 after three 1 hour sessions, plus its indredibly fun and everyone enjoys it, like old times.

Z

Zokra

Sounds good... now I just need that lottery win so I can get time to play SWG as well as everything else...

Oh... someone force me to apply for this job I'm looking at!! It sounds great... pays £10k more than I am on at the moment and I hate where I am at the moment... but I'm lazy... sooooooo lazy...

B

BadgerSmaker

Heh, thats similar to me with submitting expenses, I always put it off because I can't be bothered with the hassle and almost lose £200.

Just apply you big dummah!

P

Penti

Really good feedback from the ones that have used it properly, the usual complaints from people that couldn't figure out how to check some boxes and click the search button.

I've been loving it, had a CL46 BH on Infinity who has been using the serach tool to find players 10 levels higher or lower than her current level to group with for compnor missions and quests.

The extra XP from grouping with three or four other players gives me an extra level from each set of ten missions, CL53 after three 1 hour sessions, plus its indredibly fun and everyone enjoys it, like old times.

Had a new guildie asking about levelling the other night. I told him to try the new tools and he managed to sort out a full group to run terminal missions and some Kashyyk stuff for nearly 3 hours. Made 4 levels i think he said? Was well chuffed........

B

BadgerSmaker

Did exactly the same on Infinity, had a cracking time with a full group, got two levels from missions then went through the Ryatt Trail and got another.

I should put a guide together on this, it's freakin awesome.

Z

Zokra

Tried out Vanguard again at the weekend (they've reactivated old accounts till the end of the month)... spent a couple of hours installing/patching... logged in to find my old character still there but decided to reroll so I could experience the new and improved VG from the start...

Within about 10 minutes I hit most of the big issues that had caused me to stop playing the first time round! Mobs teleporting... getting damaged by invisible mobs I couldn't hit... my avatar which looked ok on the char creation screen suddenly looks like a gorilla in game... dull combat... ugh... I managed to play for about 30 mins before I had to log out.

Then I started an alt on AoC and that was kind of fun... though Funcom seem to be intent on destroying the early promise of that game by bringing in undocumented nerfs on the weakest classes then stating publicly that there are no balance issues whilst spellcasters and healers annihilate everything in sight :)

I think I need to stop playing mmo's...

B

BadgerSmaker

You know where we are once the novelty has worn off on the MMOs that aren't SWG...

Three years s gone by since I was made Pistoleer Correspondent, I'm now looking to grab a second and in all probability last term as Game Play Senator, taking me to 3.5 years of service to SWG.

Nominations are open on the 14th of July and I hope to see some good candidates put themselves forward, if someone else can take the position then I'd be equally as happy.

Z

Zokra

Heh... SWG is always there... I really want to make a go of AoC, but despite a fantastic start it is now beginning to look like a disaster in the making...

Still... too early to judge I guess... after all look how long it's taken SWG to get where it is :)

P

Penti

Can honestly say that I'm not overly impressed with AoC. Loads of idiots (could just be my server), nerfs galore, poor decision making, crappy crafting system, heavy min spec reqs, nasty ui.

Trouble is I cant always motivate myself to play SWG either. Logged in to PvP last night and after 2 hours killing npc's and running comms missions in Restuss I hadnt seen 1 single Rebel to kill.......... so I logged :(

I know alot of people jumped ship to AoC, but surely not THAT many?

Guess I'm starved of content to a degree, in not wanting to jump on the Meatlump bandwagon and having exhausted the Heroic thing with my guild......

Hey, ho. Gym tonite so doubt I'll even get the time or energy for SWG.

B

BadgerSmaker

The empire day scripted events are pulling people away from PvP every hour to stand around for a chance for the anniversary event badge, I got it on two characters, one on Infinity and the toon on Kauri on Neil's account.

On chimaera when pvping everyone disappears when the hour mark comes round and five minutes past the hour come rolling in to gank each other.

Interesting how so many things get effected by such subtle systems.

Z

Zokra

Yeah... that badge thing seems daft to me... everyone should get it who's there at the appointed time.

I guess that would mean that no-one would be going after a couple of days but at least it stops it being a pointless time sink...

Penti, I pretty much agree on the AoC front - I still really like that comabt though... it's seriously killed my desire to play other mmo's... combat being such a large part of these games... if that's boring then it doesn't matter how good the rest of the game is really...

AoC started great, it had problems but it had promise... seems though that Funcom are determined to do everything wrong from now on.

I'm thinking I will cancel my sub, but keep an eye on it and see if they turn it around at a later date... I doubt it though as they seem pretty commited to their present direction.

Roll on Stargate Worlds...

B

BadgerSmaker

Got hit with another episode of this weird illness I've had a couple of times before on Wednesday night.

I'll be typing away then I'll just start hitting all the wrong keys and not understanding why, then I get really dizzy and my vision starts to distort.

And no, I've not been drinking. :p

Been to the doctors and had some blood tests, got booked in to see a neurologist next month.

First time it happened I went to A&E and they figured it was an ear infection, but ear infections dont mess up your vision.

Since it happened on Wednesday I've been getting more dizzy spells every now and then as well as feeling really tired. :(

Z

Zokra

Sounds worrying... hope everything's ok!

If you need any emergency brain surgery I'm willing to have a go though...

Spent some time in SWG over the weekend... mainly standing around Coronet like a ****** hoping to get that stupid badge... stupid stupid way to get a badge!! They should have just made it a challenging solo quest or something...

B

BadgerSmaker

Well you could always server transfer to Kauri and back again have a pretty good chance of getting it. :p

Z

Zokra

Kauri dead then is it?

Man... what is it that makes me want a pointless badge?

B

BadgerSmaker

Waa trying out BH/BM on TC last night, quite fun.

Still levelling a BH on Infinity, cl71 now... think I will drop some harvesters to get some steel and ore to grind up structures and then respec over to munitions to make her SEAs and PuPs.

Thursday today though, that means GCW reset and PvP on my Smuggler tonight.

B

BadgerSmaker

Actually, sod that, been looking at some of the new weapons being crafted as part of the Weaponsmith update in GU5 and I definately want to try my hand at making some uberior pistols.

Think I'll go for a heat elemental Geonosian Sonic Pistol!!! :lol:

D

dracokyaku

Really enjoying the changes to the weapon crafting system on TC, It's great to once again have to head out and loot the augmentations to create a unique pistol - Thumbsup from me.

Blixtevs crafting suit (with the +1010 luck bonus) is great for messing around with Skullduggery too, Luck at 2.5k and you really start to notice those misses.

P

Penti

Hi all :)

Been "distracted" for a while so havent been able to post here, play anything or enjoy myself in any way at all.......

Well, I'm back and intrigued of this talk of weapons etc. Someone wanna fill me in as whats occuring? (cant get on O boards at the mo)

B

BadgerSmaker

Basically weapons are like armour now, you pick your skin and the Weaponsmith makes a core and puts it all together with some extra stats as well. You can also choose what elemental type you want!

P

Penti

SO, basically like the idea WE discussed last time we went boozing? Hold on....... extra stats? So is it like adding a weapon attachment during the crafting process, and if so I assume that replaces the socket or do u get a socket as well?

Hmmmm, this could be cool. I can have my uber DE-10, FWG, Beserker Rifle, Trando Rifle etc......... I am getting that right yeah?

D

dracokyaku

So is it like adding a weapon attachment during the crafting process, and if so I assume that replaces the socket or do u get a socket as well?
You can add..
An Enhancment (best I've looted so far is +6 Ranged Crit)
An Attribute Mod (+200 health, +200 action, etc)
A Weapon powerbit (same as a normal single stat WA, although it's reduced by 60% of the original power once added to the weapon) then you'll still have the socket so you can throw whatever you like in that too.

It's really quite a decent system.

P

Penti

So thats 6 stats on your weapon? Damn thats sweet !!!

I'm guessing these enhancements are loot drop, but any hints as to what drops them or is it just random from the normal loot table?

I managed to get about an hour of game time last night, but you damn rebels were too many in number, then my broadband spazzed out and I couldnt get it working til nearly midnight....

D

dracokyaku

Hmm yea, no idea what was going on last night with the Rebels, we had traditionally non Pvp guilds such as ORA turn up in decent numbers too, got a bit boring with so many actually.
The big bundle near the theater was good fun though - always someone who has the 'Grot' mission active and spawns a load of Stormtroopers on us. :p

The only place I've found a decent amount of drops for the new enhancers is the Ragtags behind the Tyrena Frog hall, mostly seems to be Melee enhancers that drop though.

P

Penti

Was a strange one indeed. The few times we managed to coax a half decent number of imps out we were spanked and down to 2-3 live players within about 30secs. Sounds like my conn crapped out at the right time tbh........

Might try and jump onto TC tonite and have a looksy and this new lubliness....

B

BadgerSmaker

Had a great weekend with my wife and baby, boys were at their dads.

I was knackered last night and a bit burnt out with SWG from grinding my Imp BH on Infinity up to CL75 so decided to have a rest instead.

Drove in to work today with L-Plates on after getting insured on the wifes Rover, had about 6 lessons so far recently and finding it all pretty easy.

Just need to make sure I nail the test on the 12th of August.

P

Penti

Hey, good to hear your keeping up with the driving mate !!!

Had an "odd" weekend......

Went for a couple of beers in the local after my gym session and the place was full of young drunk idiots. You could feel the tension etc so we made a hasty retreat before anything kicked off. Also told the manageress that she might wanna re-evaluate her clientele as all the regulars were getting fed up with these idiots coming in and kicking off all the time.

Saturday was a mates birthday ao we all went for a Mexican and then onto a pub. We'd had 3-4 beers and then my mate had a Vodka and Red Bull. The guy, within minutes, went bright red and was having trouble catching his breath etc. I got him to hospital and spent the rest of the night in A+E with him.

So, slept all day yesterday meaning no SWG all weekend. In fact nothing much of anything as it turned out.

So, hows GU5 looking?

B

BadgerSmaker

He spent his birthday in A&E? Was he ok in the end?

Nominations are open for Senators, I think I should have the three required to be eligable for a consequtive term.

The competition consists of MasterCosmo and a chap fro TC-Prime and both would do a great job, if I don't get selected I can have more SWG time so it's win-win. :)

Z

Zokra

I'll nominate you if I can/you want me too... :)

@ Drac... apparently buddy keys for AoC shouldbe available soon!! Next week maybe... I've started playing LotRO though in protest at what they're doing to AoC :) I'm going to wait a while for them to sort stuff out and then go back.

B

BadgerSmaker

Think I better either eat a load of my GCW insignias tonight or PvP for some GCW on my Chim Smuggler... or both probably.