• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Babble Thread - with all new +STUN+ code! [Off Topic]

B

BadgerSmaker

Raaa! Backup babble FTW!

How is everyone? Been enjoying GU4 testing?

I was in the US last week on business which sucked, glad to be back!

P

Penti

Morning Dax :)

Done no testing of GU4 tbh. From what I've heard BH is fairly hosed so dont wanna depress my too far in advance....

Is it true that Commando's are now stupidly overpowered, or is this rumour/mis-information or is it being fixed?

Some decent PvP last night wasnt it? Nice to get some well co-ordinated imperials that dont run off chasing CTRL players for a change !!

Z

Zokra

I jumped in game weekend before last and sorted out my jedi's expertise. Went for a lightside build very similar to what I had. Seems jedi are now even more overpowered than they were before...

Did some treasure maps and whereas before they were a reasonable challenge now they seem really easy... rarely have to use my heal providing I don't pull 2.

Found an ancient krayt pearl in one chest though which was nice :)

Unfortunately for SWG I am now in the early access for Age of Conan and am addicted to that so I guess it will be some time before I make it back onto the SWG servers...

P

Penti

Seems I missed out on the early access for that. Did try a little beta, but got very diheartened on the PvP server with the ridiculous amout of newbie ganking, load ganking and general ****ness of some players........

Think I'll roll a PvE toon.

B

BadgerSmaker

Hmm, I saw your buffbot, Neil but none of your combat chars... probably was too busy killing tbh. Was great to get back in game after so long, 7K GCW and lots of lovely kills.

Managed to fend of lots of spy ganks while killing a few and must have been pissing them off as they all seemed to go for me at any opportunity in the end and eventually got me as I was about to log off.

I guess my /tar [spyname] and spamming specials macro is somewhat annoying for them. :)

BH was pretty overpowered in a lot of areas, it looks like they have tweaked it to make it more tactical rather than being able to macro spam someone to death in a second, which is better than an outright nerf.

DoT stacking could be nasty, not really had a chance to look at it yet, the removal of the resist check on subsequent DoT ticks after application could be particularly unpleasent as I had my armour set up to provide at least 20% resist to all DoTs.

Running treasure maps solo ftl! You need to get at least three others then pull out droids and group them so that you spawn the Boss jedi! Loads of fun, Nick and I did some a few weeks back and it was great.

Have fun in AoC, hopefully catch you in game next time.

P

Penti

I was in a group of 4 spies causing havoc to the rebs in the city, then dropping players from the rear as they moved out of the combat area to heal etc. Got abut 10k last night which was good fun.

BH certainly was overpowered in some areas, but the talk is that the changes have gone too far the other way, with reports of not being able to take down npc marks, let alone player marks. Gonna stick with it though, I mean if I can survive playing Squadleader all that time BH shouls still be a breeze....

B

BadgerSmaker

The last Test notes looked like they were undoing the Flawless Bead nerf somewhat. Do you use that much?

P

Penti

ALL the time. Was a good way to get Armour Break to stick followed up by a Sniper Shot. Its very frustrating having worked pretty hard to get the full 5 piece set, to now have it gimped whilst Jedi are pwning everyone with that damned Dark Fury set. I have enough tokens saved for another complete set of 5 (Enforcer set) or I could get my final piece of Dire Fate. Just dont wanna use them in case I respec away from BH.

Really disappointed in what the Devs have done with this update tbh. All their seemingly good work and the many people they have won over could be undone rather rapidly....

When you've had your profession update and you've got things nicely sorted, then other professions get improved and yours gets nerfed it really is a kick in the teeth.

B

BadgerSmaker

The Devs should be more careful to not overpower stuff in the first place, I guess there is always the motivation to implement something that rocks and that players love, but they have to keep a balance between mechanics that are fun and mechanics that are perhaps... too much fun.

You should try Smuggler mate, False Hope or Lucky Break pretty much = Flawless Bead.

Oh, and apparently he stalks my posts here, so for Vaclav, you are the most pathetic person I have ever come across online, your whiny and miserable attacks are childish and your obsession with me borders on bizarre. Just bash one out in private thinking of me would you and keep it off the forums, it's embarrasing.

P

Penti

Christ, he's still on that trip is he?

I agree with the overpowering bit, trouble is they've done it again seemingly. Of course it'll take more extensive testing in Live, but I am a little disappointed in what I'm reading so far.........

B

BadgerSmaker

I certainly do sympathise, I dunno what they were thinking when they added armour break, heal potency debuff and root etc etc.

B

BadgerSmaker

Hah, I didn't mean that to come across like that, but it makes more sense as a dig! :p

Curry tonight, paid for by the company... nice.

P

Penti

Flat inspection tomorrow so final bits of cleaning tonite before I try and polish off some more rebels. Need a bit more GCW to be safe....

Oh, any idea on what a 60pt Graul would fetch?

B

BadgerSmaker

Are you planning on moving or something mate?

No idea on the cost of pets, you selling or buying?

Nice curry last night, tastes better when the company is paying.

Logged in for the PvP event on TC and spoke to Millbarge about static intant respawns while I was there.

Hopefully he'll get time to fix them.

P

Penti

Not moving yet mate, just have to have a 6 monthly inspection by the letting agency.

Selling the pet mate. Its my finest work so far :p Got donated a pre-nge graul baby so thought I may as well use the dna, so done a 60 pointer

Z

Zokra

Penti - I rolled on the RP-PVP server (Aquilonia) and have yet to be ganked.

I read a few posts on the forums about spawn camping and repeated rez-killing but I've yet to see any.

The worst I have had is people just randomly taking a swipe at my character as they pass me - but they all flee when I move to engage.

D

dracokyaku

Mornin' chaps, Last nights TC Event was quite fun.

The Devs decided to alter the odds slightly in their favour..

However, once we noticed the Buff could be removed with Purge things rapidly went uphill for us..

After the PvP was over, Simulated Fiasco stuck around for a while spawning a few High level NPCs..

Apart from the lag early on it was pretty enjoyable.

B

BadgerSmaker

I took the opportunity to answer questions from those in attendance, ranging from "How do I become the Jedi Senator" to "Can you give me a full suit of Mando please?"

Test Center = :lame:

P

Penti

Didnt even know there was a TC event :( But then didnt log onto Live either so no matter.

Glad to hear about the gankage Zok. Think I'm gonna chance my arm on Wildsoul the EU-PvP server and see whats wot.

B

BadgerSmaker

Phew, busy day...

Need to get some GCW tonight and also map out all the broken spawns in Kkowir Forest, might be able to get them fixed for Chapter 10.

Can't see many non-credit farmers complaining about that as they dont drop junk for RE.

B

BadgerSmaker

Finished the night on 10k GCW after some fun PvP, ate five insiginas that I had saved up in order to avoid decay.

That's such a great tip.

Z

Zokra

AoC hijack... Had my first taste of PvP last night... just going about my business when some random magic using swine started spamming me with spellage... I charged him and chopped him into little pieces! Most satisfying!!

Think I'm going to enjoy this PvP lark...

B

BadgerSmaker

That does sound fun, I really love PvP servers. UO got really boring when they split it to allow "consensual PvP"...

P

Penti

Finished with 22k GCW for this week, so may get me another promotion.....

P

Penti

Damn, I have so much to do this weekend, thank god its 3 days long !!!!

Gonna get as much gaming time as I can, but cant see it being a whole lot, unless I can blag my way through some stuff ;)

Z

Zokra

Should get my buddy keys for AoC soon.

Giving a couple to people at work but that still leaves 3 up for grabs so if anyone is interested... though you did say your PC wouldn't be up for it eh Badge?

D

dracokyaku

Some fantastic PvP last night: 3 hours = 14k GCWP + 98 Kills, so Me = :thumbup:

Day off today so I might pop along and see the new Indy film later on.

B

BadgerSmaker

My PC has trouble with SWG so I wouldn't even try anything newer that that.

Was supposed to go see the lord of the rings musical today as the wife had got tickets as a surprise (strange surprise, as I'm not really a fan of musicals or lord of the rings) but I'm not feeling too well...

...this bug thing meant I passed out when baby did last night and missed the good PvP.

Did do some solo PvP while baby was asleep in the afternoon which was a lot of fun though.

D

dracokyaku

Zok, if you've still got one of those Buddy codes left for AOC, Jasmin mentioned that she wouldn't mind taking a look at it.

B

BadgerSmaker

Lovely weekend, although was a bit under the weather with the lastest bug I picked up from the wonderous world of public transport, recovering fully just in time to get back to work. :/

Friday I took baby to the park, then had planned an afternoon out but she slept for three hours after all her running around, so we went to a different park instead and they had some great stuff to play on there. :)

Saturday I felt really rough and had to pass on a trip to see the Lord of the Rings musical that the wife had surprised me with, gave the tickets to a neighbour and they enjoyed it by all accounts, was just about able to take baby out to have a run at a local park but that was it. :(

Sunday was better, we went into town like good consumers and spent money on baby clothes, then went to feed the ducks at the... PARK! Baby sure loves parks.

Had to work from home yesterday but was paid nicely for it, played toys with baby and some SWG between handling cases.

Z

Zokra

Zok, if you've still got one of those Buddy codes left for AOC, Jasmin mentioned that she wouldn't mind taking a look at it.
I'll sort you one out when I get them... I assumed they would be in the box, but they are held online. The codes haven't been released yet as they are apparently waiting until the launch stuff settles down a bit. Anyway, you have one reserved for when they become available :)

More random workd PvP over the weekend - most of it was fun. Got ganked a couple of times but it was my fault really for not being careful who I hit during a quest (yes, you hit anything that happens to be within range of your sword, other players or mobs or whatever... if it's in range it gets hit :) ).
Couple of incidents with a lowbie killer - even though he was signifficantly higher level he still waited until I was weakened before killing me! One thing I am learning is that no-one wants a fair fight...
Only once have I been attacked by someone around my own level... anyway, it's still fun and I've won or drawn all my 1vs1 fights!

Err... just to bring it back to SWG... I relisted the stuff on my vendors...

B

BadgerSmaker

I was busy in SWG with PvP, Smuggling, doing heroics and trying to work out why my Krayt Gunship sucks so badly and rejigging components on it... might just be that I suck at space a lot.

D

dracokyaku

Thanks for that Zok, appreciate it mate.

Interesting weekend in SWG, had some great PvP, a perfect EK run (with only minor 'sploitage) and an absolutely awful EK run.
Still, Smuggler update today :thumbup1:

B

BadgerSmaker

Yeah I'm hoping that this update will fix my biggest issue with Smuggler which is that there are certain professions with certain builds that I just can't beat 1v1, this leg-up should make us a lot more competitive.

B

BadgerSmaker

I wish I had time to play one! :D

The amount of damage coming out of my Smuggler is significantly increased, especially as due to a new sploit I was running with 76% action cost reduction last night... :cool:

B

BadgerSmaker

Wow, smuggler is amazing now. Still takes the most timing and skill of any profession to play well but it's truely incredible what you can do.

Took out two Dark Jedi and a Medic solo earlier, kept thinking I would die at any minute but they kept spamming lightning when I had them debuffed so ended up being easy targets, then the medic folded and I killed the other Jedi.

Weird how pre-GU4 I would try to escape if I saw a 2v1 situation coming, but now I'll take a chance on a 3v1. :thumbup1:

Spies also kill themselves if they pop up next to me in melee thanks to stun, which is great because they are so bloody annoying.

Can't figure out how to crack lightside jedi yet, need more practice there.

Put together 16k GCW today alone kicking the crap out of rebels and also introducing some non-pvpers in SA guild to the playstyle who took to it with much merriment, so I am one happy badger! :thumbup:

Z

Zokra

I logged in to restock vendor... didn't need it though...

Then I logged into AoC and thrashed some lowbie and rez/spawn killers :)

Really enjoying playing on a FFA PvP server!! Makes things much more interesting!

B

BadgerSmaker

Chapter 10 going to TC this week by all accounts, my pet project of the LFG interface finally going in after nine months of whining from me. :)

Looking forward to the mid-level "Meatlumps" quest content, as I have five characters that are in the same level range as those quests.

Z

Zokra

I read dev tracker this morning... kind of... why are they asking for feedback on Musty instances? What changes have been made there?

Killed some poor guy on AoC last night who was trying to help me kill some mobs... hehe... I thought he was attacking me so I squished him and his little pet demon too... hehe...

B

BadgerSmaker

The old instances were bugged to hell, which was one of my top five Game Play Bugs/Issues, they've moved them to use the new heroic instance code.

They were almost unplayable before, getting a group in was a nightmare of workarounds for the known bugs, then when you got in the crappy servers assigned to run the instances were lagged to hell.

I look forward to doing a run on Musty again when this goes live.

D

dracokyaku

Noticed I missed a /tell from you last night Dax while I was afk at Restuss SP waiting for something interesting to kick off, anything important?