Siege and PBDs... an idea.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
M

Mangar(cws)

Ohh i follow you sausage.
But sadly the majority isnt for it...
To many people build their template around a weapon, well heck my template is built around my weapon. But SCNP forks arnt that hard to get by now, so i could and would live with it.
Whats more important is that ... crafters, runic weapons might be revived by removeing blessings !

And this would ofcourse involve removeing faction blessings , heck we should be doing that allready.

Mangar

S

Sausage

Hey, i'm for removing them, and the only account i have left has a template beefed by 40 million in artifacts. ^^^^^^. :/

W

Wilki

<blockquote><hr>

But then again, why am I bothering to post. Its not like any of this is actually going to happen, lol.

<hr></blockquote>

It could.

I'd like to see more opinions on how people feel about what PvP balance would be like if there were no blessed items on Siege, other than clothing that didn't have properties, runebooks and normal spellbooks (and anything else I'm forgeting that falls into the same spirit as those items).

S

Sausage

Oh, I doubt you'll ever get a consensus on stratics on unblessing everything here.

Everyone who enjoyed the spirit of SP, the competition, the difficulty, and hated item wars has left, a long time ago. A LARGE majority of players left who play SP have been only since AOS. They have no idea how fun it was, and like buliding templates around stupid blessed crap.

So you can't win. You could make it so the vets who made SP great come back......but not a large majority would. Time and people move on. The best we could hope for would be to convert new people and the people here to the prospect of no blessing and the fun that can be had with it.

Then again, the samurai, ninja, smoke bombs, unkillable people and all the imbalances make it so many don't care even if blessing was gone anyway.
95 pt strikes, bugs, and neon crap has taken its toll on many.

Best thing left is to give pbds out and just try to ride the population along about what its at for a while, maybe some will come over....but frankly, its too much like any other uo server anymore.

D

Draken of TWT

Wilki, one problem I see, and this is from a mages perspective since I have'nt played a warrior in almost 5 years now, is the Faster Casting and Faster Casting Recovery issues.

I hate to say it again, as I did constantly when AOS first came into being, but AOS sent UO down a path it cannot return from. Items ARE the game.

I don't want to hunt for hours on end to replace a nice ring or braclet that I lost, due to whatever reason, just so I can cast at the same speeds I could pre-aos. I mainly hunt for skills on siege, on atlantic I have had finished charas for many years now.

I would imagine there has to be a happy medium, and coming to siege not long ago, I thought would be it.

On atlantic I used to duel and pvp for hours and hours naked. To me that was fun, after I worked my chara endlessly for skills. Reworking him into a mage after I tired of being a warrior my first almost year in the game.

I came to siege because I don't mind at all losing armor, since i hate it anyways, or losing this or that. The big thing for me is losing items to CAST A CERTAIN SPEED that was always a constant (depending on conn).

That is what I miss in the game most, the less items the better, and ONE PBD, or whatever, per person on this shard be it a piece of jewlery blessed or a weapon is a necessity in "todays UO".

Its the way whoever the powers that be that developed this item based environment made it work now.

G

Ghost of Siege

Here's my one quick comment about blessed items...7AE items...the armor has become a necessary evil with sdi mages...they do too much damage against regular armor. Not to mention, people recently bought codes for 7AE gifts and the gifts were advertised as being blessed.

A

Achilles.

That would most certainly be my prefered option so far. Unblessing everything was always my preference, i just never pushed it because i felt a united front on the PBD situation would be more effective....

Anyway, how would removing blessings affect PvP balance? Well for one the argument that people need blessed 7AE items to combat SDI mages might vanish once neither is viable without massive cost (risk vs reward). You CAN get lightning, cold, fire resists over 60 with basic tailormade armour, with minimal pick 'n' mixing. The price of FC/FCR items would lower because they would be flowing around a lot more freely than before. The loss of the 15% DCI on the 7AE helm will by itself make melee fighters more effective.

The main benefit of unblessing everything in my eyes would be an end to this 'one man tank' phenomenon. It would force people to group up more often, increasing interraction and boosting the community. Really, with the recent (erm, well not so recent anymore i guess) increased intensities on loot i think this would be the perfect time to unbless everything. There is a good flow of magic items around right now, people would be able to replace what they lost. Also, though to a lesser extent, it might be a much needed boost to crafters. Instead of people using the two 7AE items as a base to their armour, supplementing it with basic loot and filling the holes with tailored armour; people might instead use the tailored armour as a base and supplement it instead with looted items.

So in my opinion unblessing everything would boost the economy, increase interaction, stimulate the community and restore some much needed risk vs reward to Siege. Plus a small boost to crafters.

But even i can see that's a pretty one sided argument. I should really list some negatives i guess. Artifacts would become nothing but decorative. Now i consider that a [very] good thing but some probably wont, most likely those that farmed/bought theirs already. To unbless everything before addressing the scroll stacking issue would make mages overpowered in my opinion (as a mage). An average mage with 2/2 probably would not be able to heal through an scroll stacking 2/4 mage. Scrolls are low cost, low risk and give a great boost to effectivness. Wands also might pose a problem but at least you wont have people wanding away and still having FC2 (orny). If scrolls and wands were balanced/fixed then i really don't see any glaring negatives.

That's my balanced argument in favour of unblessing everything. One of the main proponents of the idea was Corwin and i'm sure he could argue the case better than me. Perhaps he can post his views through a proxy.

G

We have some wierd blessing too. Mages and Necro regs are not blessed but the paladins money are blessed. Ninja and Samurai do not use regs at all.

I think Paladin (inc the money), Ninja and Samurai books should be lootable just like weapons.

I think if we gave all 3 bless slots and unblessed everything not clothes, it would work fine.

Clothes bless deeds should not work on arcane/magic clothes.

Rune/BOD's books should not be blessed at all.

Clothes, let the AoS clothes stay blessed but else.
Clothes bless deeds should only bless non magic clothes.

7th AE items should be unblessed.

Pets bonding can we make that take a bless slot if a player want his pet bonded?

Factions blessing have to go too.

E-mounts, unbless them too, if players get 3 bless slots, they can choose what to bless, that be spellbook, rewards, jewelry, pet ball, weapon, armor, runebook, deeds, checks or community deeds.

I forgot the virtue, I think that have to go too.

A

Achilles.

I would just be a little concerned about the worst case scenario. Lets say someone blessed an Ornament, Hat OT Maji and the new scribed book artifact coming out soon. They can use throwaway spell books each time they die (relatively cheap) and still be killing machines with little risk upon death.

G

True but they would not have a E-mount, blessed runebooks and orange legs too

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 10, 2003
Germany
I started on Europa with UO:R and I mainly hunted in Felucca. With AOS there was no chance for me to compete in PvP, because I am skill based player, not item based. That's why I came here to Siege. I thought this would be a place where we can play only with skills and mainly GM armor. Now Siege became the same as Europa. The whole fun is gone since everyone's running around with blessed items. If I would like to play item based then I would play on Europa and not here on Siege.
I vote for remove all blessings on artis, gifts and remove faction blessings too and don't throw the insurance thing on us (to bless non-magical clothes should be allowed).

Some other things I'd like to see are:
- Reduce the landmass on siege to get us all a little bit closer.
- Instead of new land, get more content and features to the old lands of Britannia and Lost Lands
- I liked the old armor system much more than the current, so bring it back.
- bring back the hunger
- get rid of items like magic jewels, magic weapons and artifacts, they just srewed everything up here.

To sum up, I'd like to see a shard which is pre UO:LBR, maybe implement some dungeons in Britannia and Lost Lands which will be like the ones in Ilshenar or just expand the existing ones.

J

JohnnyAppleWeed

Yes Wilki! Save us from Diablo 2! PWEASE!! I take back what I said in an earlier post. I don't want even 1 blessed slot. It's so not worth it.....I'm tired of seeing these crazy berzerker mauls with uber speed and damage being blessed and all....

Ugh unbless everything please. I have no problem shopping for new weapons...its these darned artifacts that ruin the game. Now if artifacts were eliminated from Siege, then I would still want 1 bless slot. THat way people can keep good weapons.....just not psychotically good ones.

Z

Zippididooda

my vote is for the one item insurance, with pbds remaining for free
rest of items should remain as same with possible execption of faction bless
just my 2 cents

I

imported_Castor

Actually, by removing all blessings from siege, it would make it closer to the old school shard everybody is clamoring about. Granted, it will still be an item based game, but it would be better than what we have now.

One insurance slot for all, everything else unblessed.

L

lithanual

#3.

The thing I enjoy about siege is how everyone is pretty even-footed. Only difference is skills (e.g. magery) and skills (e.g. tactics), and not items (e.g. full arty suits)

J

JohnnyAppleWeed

The more I think about it, the more I don't want ANYTHING blessed/insured. If it were to be 1 item per person blessed/insured, I'd vote for the 3x Insurance and give the player who kills the insured player the money , that way you get something out of PvP a little bit, might make it fun, I mean even 1800 gp isn't much for a single death ;P I don't really care abuot the insurance going to the victims killer though.....just think it'd be similar to the bounty system, only applying to everyone, not just PK's...I would still prefer there being no blessed items.....that way all the over powered artie gear can become house decorations, as it shoulda been in the first place (on Siege anyway).

X

XTR

<blockquote><hr>

I'd like to see more opinions on how people feel about what PvP balance would be like if there were no blessed items on Siege, other than clothing that didn't have properties, runebooks and normal spellbooks (and anything else I'm forgeting that falls into the same spirit as those items)

<hr></blockquote>

Assuming you had a PBD, PvP on Siege was balanced before 7AE gifts hit. There were those few with a CBD on a hat of the Magi, or some such, but over all most people used GM gear with a PBD on a good weapon or a jewelry.

Mages would PBD a 1/3 and use 1/0 or 1/1's as throwaways so even before all the balancing caps that were put in last year siege didn't see 180 stamina and 4/6 casting.

7AE moved up the resistances across the board to high 50's to 70 in all resistance. My nox/dexer (115 Fencing/GM poison) in a fight with PBD on a high HCI jewelry with GM Kryss, GM tactics, 100 Str, 100 Anat, and +10 DCI jewelry was in a fight doing 8 pts per hit, and my L5 poison, when it actually got to hit, was doing 10 or 12. Guy stood there healing with bandages faster than I could deal damage to get him below 50% and laughed at me. I may as well have been beating him with a limp noodle. (Add up my Damage modifiers there)

Toss in Faction blessed armor, and you have the same scenario here as on insured shards, with out high end items you cannot compete, and not just one high end item, a whole kit.

Truthfully I'd like to see one item blessed. It puts the 1337 lewt in the game so it desn't become pixel deco in someone’s castle. One item does not unbalance PvP, 2 can, 3 does.

[rant]
I don't know why I'm even bothering to post here, why do you do this? You come in here, post like you guys might actually do something and disappear for another year? That the plan? In the mean time my 80+ month old PBD'd PK acct will end up popping another 6 months onto my AMEX before I get a chance to sell it off, and I'll get even more frustrated and pissed off with EA.

I've not logged into Siege to play since July. 7AE tore it for me and I left. I've moved on to a non-EA shard, that is populated with around 100 players a night and I'd guess 65 or 70% of them came from Siege. I honestly just need to quit hoping, get over it, and get on with selling/closing my accts.
[/rant]

ok, I'm better.

Why don't you guys go play test it, see what it is like, hell, put it on a TC and let people fight in GM gear with 1 blessed item only with out the Arty generator at the bank.

Truth be known, there may not be anyone left on Siege who wants it changed. Many of us are already gone, your other option is to just turn on the whole Felucca ruleset, give everyone the rest of the character slots and be done with us and our "we're special" attitude. You really need to do one or the other; because the way it is now is not gonna work.

S

Sausage

Yup. All of my current subscriptions are set to cancel when they run out. Sadly they are al paid for a few months until then. :/

G

im for 1 blessed item (pbd/insurancelike/whatever) for everyone like i already mentioned, but i still want to make a point about all that crying about blessed faction armors.

there are 4 faction stones (british castle, magincia southeast, yew crypts and south of hedge maze). everyone is welcome to put their chars into faction, spent bout millions per month and wear such an armor too (thats the price you have to pay for enough charges of barbed kits). i really dont see all that crying about faction armors. everyone can use em IF you have the money!

oh yeah i am faction and no i dont have the money to afford such armor.

X

XTR

<blockquote><hr>

i really dont see all that crying about faction armors. everyone can use em IF you have the money!

<hr></blockquote>

I left Catskills to quit the mind numbing monster bashing. I played Siege as a PvP character with my guildmates or as a lone PK. I have no monster bashing, gold farming accts on Siege, the point is that on Siege, you should not have to farm gold for endless hours in order to be able to PvP, and 1000 hours of PvM should not make you a PvP deity just because you can buy blessed 1337 armor.

If you can't see that then I doubt you ever will.

G

i never said you need such things to be good in pvp
i played a mage with 1/3 casting and only gm armor (yes i didnt even have a blessed craphat) and never had a problem killing enemies including persons that had arties and faction ar etc

my point was more maybe you just need a bit more training or think a bit more about your template. if you have the time and money to base your template on items, then do it, thats what aos is for. and if you dont have this then dont try a template that requires such things. there is hella much templates you can do that doesnt require items. and actually blessing a gm leather armor suite (specially as a red) saves you alot of restocking which really doesnt affect the quality of your items that much

X

XTR

Shakaja, I have made my decision, I have not played Siege since last summer, and I may never play there again. I surely will not if the things in my sig are not changed. Two of the 3 accts I play have PBD's. PBD's will not bring me back.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 10, 2003
Germany
Just a story from 4 minutes ago:

I attack someone, an archer, I do successfully the infecting strike and then ....

I am in GM Armor and with GM Cleaver, he/she/it with blessed Royal Leggings of Amber, Ancient Samurai Helm, And that Green Arti Bow, I think it's called Dryad Bow, don't know and I bet some other things, whatever it is.
The thing is, he/she/it cured and killed me in under 3 seconds. And I attacked, isn't that a bit very stupid ? At leats it is no fun.
When I kill someone, and I am still able to, it takes much longer and the chance of success isn't that high, so I have to run away very often with 4-5 hp left. But this he/she/it got nearly no damage at all. And I infected he/she/it with lethal poison. Just to let you know, how much fun Siege is at the moment. I'm pretty pissed about that !
Anyway, thank you (he/she/it) that you have not dry looted me, that's the only positive thing I recognized!

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

I think we need to get back to the original subject. PBD for ALL should encourage shard growth. Some of the options being tossed about lately would tend more towards driving folks away.

S

Sausage

You win fights against people with 1/3 casting and gm armor?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

:{

Who are you fighting? Id like some free loot too. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

I don't fight players. I realize that it might come as a shock to some that there is far more to this game than fighting and murder.

G

yes i did
that was my setup back when i was known as Slova in ZeN and i had equal fights against people like OTK which includes meph which was using factionblessed ar, ornament, that 1/3 blade and a few others that had almost same level of equipement.

how did i do it?
very simple i didnt go mainstreat template. i tried something out completely new, worked on it and became good enough to fight my enemies without shame.
my normal equipment was a 1/3 i used pbd on with 7 hci and 3 sdi and a 1/1 with crap mods and a sc -1 warfork
+ gm armor
worked very well against pretty much everyone

sry forgot to say something:
what i wanted to say was i see a much bigger problem for newcomers than no pbds for everyone.

i dont know how it is about you, but im always workin rot on about 5 chars. its [censored] depressing how slow ur skills go up. either you spend your first 3-4 months developing your char which really cant be fun and must lead you to somewhere else (at least the mayority) or you have friends to run with and able to do something without finished skills (best example for this is waka which did great)

sure everyone has to get a pbd but i really doubt that this is number one to change to get siege more populated.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

Not sure on that. I saw my neighbor a few months ago. About the first question he asked was if ot had been fixed. When I said that it hadn't he offered me his account. Haven't seen him since tho his house still stands so maybe the dream of a PBD continues. I haven't found RoT that painful and have trained many characters here. Certainly my folks are far more developed than the ones on GL and I was there over a year before lag got to the point where it was Siege or quit playing. It did take me about 3 months to get ro 6x gm on the three I started here with - alot of that was I waited on resist til I could cure and waited on smith til i got GM mining. I know many come here - I see them every day then they fade away. It certainly seems like knowing one can never have an artifact or a really nice item is a big factor. It is like a wall that no amout of skill, time, effort or gold can get past.

One can have fun while training. I do. Sort of like the difference between enjoying on't youth or fretting it away waiting til you are 21 or whatever. Each stage of life has it's good and bad points.

J

JohnnyAppleWeed

I agree with XTR....the only thing I don't really have an opinion on is instanced corpses.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I left Catskills to quit the mind numbing monster bashing. I played Siege as a PvP character with my guildmates or as a lone PK. I have no monster bashing, gold farming accts on Siege, the point is that on Siege, you should not have to farm gold for endless hours in order to be able to PvP, and 1000 hours of PvM should not make you a PvP deity just because you can buy blessed 1337 armor.

If you can't see that then I doubt you ever will.

<hr></blockquote>

I think you have something important here. I don't mind all the AoS items, my problem with them is, crafters can't make a suit and weapon for PvP without using 1000 hours for BoDs.

In PvP, you can use your gear few min after you buy it. We need back to the time, where you for max 5k can buy a new gear included jewelry and weapon.

Sure there should be better gear out there, that would give you better chances but right now, GM made items and regular monster loot is almost useles in PvP.

In the past if I made bows, I would get a few hxbows with vendor defalt price at 84-85gp, this bows would be powerful as vanq bows.

I like the way the crafting of spellbooks works, I want to see that for other craftskills too. Do away with the BoD system or use it as a way to get rares but not to get anything that effect the PvP system.

Let the tinkers make rings and bracelets, we already have 8 kinds of gems, that can be used to give special effects. The skills should control how good the jewelry will be.

An other thing that stop me from playing is missing actions around the player towns. I don't want to go to a new land to find actions, I want to play in and around my town.

In the past we had sceneries in old land. I think some randum spawns with Malas, Ilshenar or SE land monsters around the old player towns would be a great help, we have alot of forest and the swamp and the desert could need some spawn changes. Maybe switch the scorpies with this Dread something from the desert north of Zento, just for a 1-2 weeks, then next 2 weeks, choose something else to have a temperery changes.

Also we need wreckage at the sea and some fix of the brigand chests. New land, monsters and items may be fine, but not when old player towns get deserts. We really don't need new land, we need small changes in old land so it's not get boring to play there.

Where are the archers in the brigand spawns?
Where are the old orc spawns we had in east brit?

I remember when new players died more to the spawn than to PK's

The spawn north of Brit was fine, but to heavy in my eyes, I rather saw small powerful spawns all over mainland and on the sea.

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

If all in the land are PvP (which in many cases is PK) and folks got their way about removing bless from everything, who would make this armor or do other crafts? Some of the proposals that have been made here would make Siege a strictly battle shard with no room for anyone who wasn't designed to PvP. Course would be hard to be red with no blues to kill.

I

imported_Castor

it is a battle shard now and there are crafter only players here. If blessings were entirely removed, if anything, it would encourage crafting as new armour and weapons need to come from somewhere.

Back on topic though...

1 slot for all, remove all other blesssings.

N

neeeeeb

i think your avoiding the main problem here, you mention somewhere in there that it would make it easier for you guys in the coding to do some of this...
why are there pbd's here in the first place?

you also mention that a lot of siege players read this but dont post... the reason for that is quite obvious, theres nothing to post but complaints which will just get deleted... you know this...

i give this game another expansion or two and it'll be dead, take a lesson from the free shards(which have more players then your shards now!) and listen to the players, fix all the stuff that needs fixed and maybe make it better even, but stop adding more and more useless junk whch is gonna ruin the game even more.

you want a real idea? wipe all the shards clean and go back to t2a or pre.. then start fixing and making the skills better, of course EVERYONE will be upset, but in the long run EVERYONE WILL be happy. the newer players will get to start equally with the vets and the vets will be happy cause the game will be fun again, plus not to mention EVERY older player returning once they heard about this... you guy say it all the time, you can can shut down uo if you want.. you can modify whatever however...you can ban whomever for literally anything you want... which means that you can do this and theres no legality issues..
i can imgaine you thinkin about all the emails/complaints you would get at first about everyone having to start from nothing and not having a house etc...

heres somethin to ponder... i recently redeeded my house to place a bigger one but the house server was down, i couldnt place a house and had to wait over 5 hours, lost literally everything except what was in the bank, i was so depressed.
i kept playing though and i have hardly nothing compared to what i had, i havnt had this much fun since 98.
being a noob is a great thing

one last thing... before tram, there was none of this nonsense, you respected everyone you saw and nobody ever complained.
if scamming was legal back then, you would have suffered severe consequences from the players and the gms woldnt even be paged, you guys just made your own work load x1billion when you introduced tram.

T

__Triz__

im for the one slot for all thing, i want to start pvping with my mage mage but i dont wanna lose my 1/3 jewel right away, and have to drop alot more on another 1/3....when , if ever, do you think this PBD thing will be published?

G

the problem is you want to compete in gm armor and slow casting with someone with all 70 armor with a few props on em and maxed out casting and you want that he has no advantage? that really cant work. but my point is, i dont see why you say dont let em have those items instead of thinking about your way of playing?

just an idea. you run around with crappy armor while others have uber stuff, so you cant really damage em. what could you do against that. easiest way? blood oath. ok there are 2 problems now, problem 1 they will heal like insane and still kill you. you have to put something in to stop their healing. lets take mortal. the other problem you will have, you dont survive long enough to reflect damage. so you will need something to heal through alot. easiest way is using spiritspeak and magery with protection. now you have a template that runs with gm armor only, doesnt require casting at all. and you can compete with every char as good as he can be equipped and as good as the other player can be.

you may doubt now this doesnt work. but i can tell you, yes it does, and actually does pretty well. i started with uo bout a year ago and this was my first pvp template i choose to go (very close to it, i decided not to mortal but to bleed to stop their heals) it worked perfect until i decided to try out something new. and it still works
i went to testcenter today, spend 5 mins equipping using 1 charge per piece barbedkit runic for armor and 3 valorite runics for weapons. you may think now this is pretty good equipement but it isnt. my resists were around 50 in phys, fire, energy and a bit lower in cold and poison, weapons were what i would use on siege unblessed ( was like sc -1 with 40 lifeleech and 30 fireball ) and i was able to compete against most players on testcenter. and the standart of equipement on testcenter compared to mine is a by far bigger difference to gm armor with some standart weapons/jewelry compared to very good equiped players on siege.

and it really isnt like you couldnt do something that doesnt require hella items. with samurai empire they invented bushido which is really one of the skill that doesnt require highend items at all
you do so much damage with a gm weapon alone and running in gm armor really isnt a problem neither.

so please. be something innovative. try something out. dont just look "oh most players do have scribe mages or tank mages" and start training. of course those are templates that require pretty good equipement to compete. but with aos and se, there are so many possibilities to make templates that dont require good items at all. think about something on your own and go try it out on testcenter, it might be great even if noone tried it yet.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 10, 2003
Germany
Great post neeeeb /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

And to Shakaja: The point is that so many player just don't want all these items, they just want to play the game with skills instead of neon funky uber junk, but with basic equipment. I bought this game to play as a smith, or as boywer or as an assassin and not as a christmas tree with spell abilities. Many ppl were happy with the pre UO:LBR or pre UO:AOS system. Now you can only survive if you have items. And if I can only compete with a certain skill like Bushido, which really does not fit in my playstyle, then it is not a game I like to play. If you want to play games where items are so dominant, then there are many other games you can play. But from UO I expect to have a game where I can rely on my skills, that's why I bought this game, otherwise I would have played another game.
My point is that there should be a place where these people can play the game in a way they want and therefor I support the idea of Ghost of Siege in the ideas den (or other forum?). It's all about fun and artis and blessings are no fun !

G

uhm angelus, read through ur post and through my post again. you say there are people that want to relay on their skills instead on items. my entire post was an example how to build a char that relies ONLY on skills. and you say there are players that dont want uber items. there are also players who want those items. thats why they made it possible that you can go for good items and base ur template on the items or you can go for no good items and base the template on that.

you also say that you want to play a game without any items. i feel sorry for you cos you really have to look for another game then. uo is (thats my experiance) a game that has most possibilities to go. they have very many skills you can combine to even more templates. and items help to create even more combinations. if you want to play a game where are 3-4 classes, everyone lookin the same, with same skills/items/... then you are really wrong in uo.

R

RedPhoenix

You seem to be concerned more about yourself than the overall outcome. i.e. you are worried about losing your good weapons and think that will make you uncompetitive.

Well, guess what? If nothing is blessed, everyone loses their good weapons, good jewelry, artifacts and good armor - if they wish to take them out, not just you.

What does this mean? You will not need such a good weapon to compete anymore.

The end result is that players will end up using crafted or mediocre weapons for the majority of their fighting, which is a good thing for balance and crafters, and only use their high-end weapons on special occasions or not at all.

There is no reason for any 'blessed' items on Siege, including clothing. Lets keep the tailors in business too. *winks*

Blessed items are a crutch. They are like the black plauge of Siege, spreading the seeds of the hoax of a consensual game (I don't want to lose something unless I consent to it by not blessing it) onto Siege from Trammel and now Siege players have learned to depend upon them. I suppose a group of Trammelites must have brought it over with them when they moved to Siege some time back and now the idea that we should have some blessed items is forever infecting a good portion of Siege inhabitants.

Removing all blessings is the purest and simplest way to restore balance. Blessings should have never found their way onto Siege to begin with. Now we need to clean up the mess and adjust ourselves.

M

Mangar(cws)

Wow a blast from the past.

And i concour... allbeit it will suck not beiing able to use my fork anymore.

Mangar

R

RedPhoenix

Actually, runebooks and clothing should not be blessed either.

The spellbook I can go for, as it is a mage's knowledge, or a record of the spells learned and the magery skill does nothing without it. The resource that is necessary is reagents, just as a weapon is necessary for a warrior.

G

I can go for the non blessed rune books but then give a way to copy them through inscription so we can keep a stash of our spots at home or in the bank

I

imported_Felinious-CWS

I agree with Red, if we can not have 1 bless slot for all, then I think no-blessing would be great for Siege.

Imagine someone having an unblessed [insert arti weapon here] he and his friends(oh look community) go out to pvm and somewhere along the way they get attacked by murderers. Well the battle for the hunters goes badly and the [arti weapon] is lost to the murderers. Now this artifact has changed hands, and A) either the new owner makes it a mantle piece, or B) he also uses it till he gets killed. There would be stories of the artis changing hands over and over, GM armour would be be needed again (yay) and the crafing communtiy would have something to do besides logging in every six hours.

yes i dont have an arti, well i sorta do i have the titan leg bone, and would use it unblessed for as long as i could. I just think the "need" we have now on siege for red legs and the sami helmet is not good. Granted it has leveled the playing field somewhat, for the players on siege already, but for new people, which is what we need to bring to Siege, they dont have those things.

I think with no blessings or even the 1 slot, I believe you would see that the level of pvp skill would increase in a few weeks/months back to where it was in the past, when Seige had/ or maybe has the best pvpers on it.

Wilki I hope that something is done soon, I have not gotten my level of excitement up for Siege help, since this issue has been going on for years, I lost my pbd a few weeks after i got it, not by bug, but by forgetting i even had a blessed item on me, and loaning it to my good friend, for his use, and he getting killed by spawn and thus loosing it.

Siege is the best shard on UO, mainly because of the people on it. Wilki, Many of us have been here for years, in UO.(myself since day 1 in 97) Im not threating to cancel my account or to storm off and play WoW, as i dont think many of the people here have posted think of doing this either. But we care about siege, we care about UO, we care that people have left siege, and UO. We see a place we came to, and said damnit i want something better out of UO, so we came to siege. Some of the people posting here dont play UO anymore, but they still care about Siege, because we are a family. Blue/reds alike we are family. I would care if VMP left, I would care if Waka/Lex decided heck with this and went back to prod shards. I would care if the numerous good guilds decided to go else where, I miss JD, and get a twitch when I see one on screen, as i remeber the past CWS has with them. I hate to see a house fall on siege, that means someone went elsewhere(most of the time) Hell in some ways i miss A|B, at least when you did a champ you knew it would be a challenge to finish it, and when you won the day it was a great feeling. Everyone on Siege that cares about pbd and blessing does so for many reasons, but IMO the one common reason is that we want people here, to come and to stay and to become part of our family. But we want them to make up their mind if they can hack it here based on their skill level not if they have the best loot to compete, with people or monsters.

sorry i rambled but something needs to be done soon on Siege with this issue, we have waited and waited, some have left over this, and they deserve as well as all the people that have stayed, action.