• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege and PBDs... an idea.

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

Captain... I think he was just making a point that siege is somewhat trammelised..I dont think he was calling you trammelised.....

As for getting them to turn on pbds for new characters... they specifically stated that they CAN do this... but it would not address those that CURRENTLY dont ahve pbds...

So my suggestion was to allow us to remake that character with a pbd by giving us a 720 skill soulstone.

C

CaptainCrunch

<blockquote><hr>

Captain... I think he was just making a point that siege is somewhat trammelised..I dont think he was calling you trammelised.....

As for getting them to turn on pbds for new characters... they specifically stated that they CAN do this... but it would not address those that CURRENTLY dont ahve pbds...

So my suggestion was to allow us to remake that character with a pbd by giving us a 720 skill soulstone.

<hr></blockquote>

Maybe I just don't like be like being called a Trammie /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Seriously though...

I suppose the 720 transfer thing would work as long as I don't have to buy PS and Stat scrolls again. Not sure how much easier the coding would be between that and removing current PBD blessings then "flipping the switch" or adding a context menu.

I'm gonna bet they will try to take the easiest path, but aren't we counting our chickens before they are hatched?

We've heard all this before.

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

Ah I had forgotten completely about stat and skill scrolls /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

That does pose a problem...

Well scratch that idea /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

-Remove Blessings from Siege
-Make crafters useable
-Give us [at least temporarily]a Pre-Renaissance or completely bless/insurance free shard

<hr></blockquote>

I'll go with this. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/love.gif

Damn bless and insurance should never have made it off the drawing board ! And item dependency.....and on Siege too....grrrrrr......../php-bin/shared/images/icons/livid.gif

(But please don't hurt me, this is just my opinion).

G

My reason for wanting to see runebooks unblessed is. I hate to see all gate arround from place to place. Before blessed runebooks, players would meet up at the bank or the guild house and gate together. If a blessed runebook are so important for some, they can use their PBD for it.

Maybe we need a single "Homestone" that is blessed and can be bonded to a house or an Inn, that would solve the problem with being lost somewhere.

Only Vet reward I would hate to see unblessed is e-mounts but on the other hand, players could use their PBD for it.

I don't really believe vet rewards ar a big problem, they can be traded and it look like new SP players get them easy enough, so they are not a big balance issue vs new SP players. They had been on the shard almost from the start, and in many cases, a e-mount do make life easier for a new char, when he not need to get a few new horses each day.

The 7th AE items, give players a deed for each combat item and they can choose if they still want orange lregs and bunny ears if not blessed or they want one of the decro items. The legs are still nice and may be worth the PBD.

Spellbooks, I like the new ones is not blessed, lets the old ones stay blessed. If we unbless them too, life may be to hard for new mages, they already lose alot of regs and jewelry.

I don't think CBD should bless magic hats better than regular gm hats. I have no problem with AoS blessed clothes items and other non magic clothes items, they don't have alot effect on PvP other than new players may need to get a new clothes more offen after dying.

BOD books, unbless them, they can stay in bank or a house, there is no need to bless them, not sure with the single bods, unblessing them may make the thieves happy [devillaugh]

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

My problem with vet rewards is not balance so much as it takes away from crafting... You might not think 6 resists is much... but obviously its worth something /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

And the 7AE arent unbalancing [most people have them] again... my problem with them lays in the limits to crafting that they cause /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

Only blessed armor/protective items should be PBD or Faction blessings[This one helps us crafters].
I believe CBD should be disallowed on ALL hats... arti, marti, tarty, tomarty, farty, schmarty, crafted, looted....

I wouldnt mind if they left it in for "Exceptional, crafted by..." items.. but if thats not possible... then make it for no helms/hats nuffin...

And I say that as a bodrunner also...

M

Mandolin

<blockquote><hr>

I wouldnt mind if they left it in for "Exceptional, crafted by..." items.. but if thats not possible... then make it for no helms/hats nuffin...

<hr></blockquote>

ugggghhh.. just used my only CBD (don't have PBD) on my favorite bandana last night. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

C

CaptainCrunch

<blockquote><hr>

My problem with vet rewards is not balance so much as it takes away from crafting... You might not think 6 resists is much... but obviously its worth something.

<hr></blockquote>

I don't really see Vet Reward Robes and Cloaks that way.

1) They don't take up an armor spot, so crafters are still needed.
2) Even with 6% Physical, most players aren't maxed at 70.

V

Virgil Tempest

Agreed. I'd rather wear an arcane robe and cloak than any of the vet robes I can get so far (when my account turns 60, I'll probably start wearing an ice white robe and cloak though). Right now, I don't think the +6 physical is worth trading in my arcane clothes for.

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

<blockquote><hr>

2) Even with 6% Physical, most players aren't maxed at 70.

<hr></blockquote>

I did say it was my personal opinion...

Thats 6% less resist they have to get from my armors /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

It does add options though... which is possibly preferential...

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

That is good to hear /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

D

Darknesss

The game will never be blanced unless they do one thing and one thing only..... and that is to take all insurance off all shards and take all etheral mounts off all shards and take all pbd's off all shards. Any thing other than this will ALWAYS have a balance issue. And for the record im not one of those crying because i have no artis or pbd... i have both spiirit of the totem and axe of the heavens and about 10 other artifacts to go along with them. This is just an honest and pretty much accurate opinion to balance the game. Also i should add that they would have to also take the bless robes and cloaks with resist on them off all shards also. yeah i know this all seem a bit extreme but if the criers can get pbd's removed or get them to issue them to everyone then why cant i cry to get a ethy or 5 year vet reward? Its the same concept.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Also i should add that they would have to also take the bless robes and cloaks with resist on them off all shards also. yeah i know this all seem a bit extreme but if the criers can get pbd's removed or get them to issue them to everyone then why cant i cry to get a ethy or 5 year vet reward? Its the same concept.

<hr></blockquote>

let me see if i get this straight... you are compareing PBD with vet rewards...

the vet rewards have been around longer then any pbd... and are much less effective...

the reasons people would want a PBD would be mainly because so they can bless that ONE item that would either help their character (staff of the magi or power) or that one item that would just seem cool on their character.

as far as your excessive amount of artifacts... I say I have been to doom but once... and was pk'd in the process... and I was solo at that /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif but it didn't look like all that great of a place...

sure I killed a few liches and such... yippy...

and those huge things just north of the entrance were not all that hard...

though I still consider going back into doom... to get some Major Artifacts...

D

Darknesss

Vets diserve thier rewards just as i deserve my pbd cause just like vets earned theirs i also earned mine. And if osi gives everyone my reward who DID NOT earn it then why shouldnt i receive a vet reward that i didnt earn as well? Now dont get me wrong i think the people who lost their pbd due to some mistake because they didnt log in the game in time to receive theirs or people who lost theirs in game should in fact receive a pbd cause they in fact did EARN IT. There should be a system to tell wether or not the person the account was upgraded before the deadline and those people deserve compensation. But what about those people who had ample time to order the game just as i did but chose to say things like..... I aint ordering that crap im quitting Uo and going to L2 blah blah blah or something like that. Then turn around 4 or 5 months down the road and decide that L2 wasnt all it was cracked up to be and wants to play UO again? Then after deliberetly blowing their chance to pre order the game comes back crying about how the game is so unbalanced and they want a PBD. You think those people deserve one? I dont. But if osi is gonna in fact issue them to everyone then i think they should charge their butts for them. This way it becomes an effective marketing strategy since osu will be making money from it and the players can get what they want as well. And people like me who have their PBD wont feel like everyone is getting something for free that we had to earn. This way in the emd everyone is happy. I say $25 for the players who wants to have a PBD added to their account /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif... what ya think?

G

The first part of the issue is that it was a near-sighted decision to allow PBD's and to have them function in such a way that they can be lost. The imbalance on Siege is no fault of people who didn't pre-order, but of the simple fact of having PBD's at all. So we lose the "value" of a few dollars spent years ago, big deal. Whats got more value is seeing the dev team say, hey, it wasn't a good implementation, lets do something to make the battle field even. Vet rewards? sure I like my ethereals, but if they removed that and my extra 20 points of skill and my 5 points of stat, I won't cry about it. Better to have more people to play with, who don't feel they are screwed because of a bug, or because they decided to play Siege a year after everyone else and have no PBD.

M

mith_LS

PBDs were not for pre-ordering, they were given to every character that was logged in with an AoS enabled account within 30 days of the launch of AoS. Or in the case of Siege, within 3 months of the AoS launch.

G

Ginsu-SP

Darkness,

What will your PBD on Siege be worth if the shard dries up, and they shut it down
because so many people have left, and it deters new people from coming?

If they shut down Siege will you sue EA for $25?

Cheers!

D

Darknesss

Thats a good point and to answer that maybe all new accounts should get a PBD. I can see your point on the new comers. But all old accounts in my opinion unless they lost theirs or didnt get it because they didnt log in game in time should either have to pay or start a new character and or account. SO this way if they want a pbd bad enough they wouldnt mind doing R.O.T. all over again. I only say this because i know of 3 people who said screw uo that they were going to L2 and then EVERY last one of came back crying about PBD. But yes i see your point, its just not worth losing the shard just to keep our value of our pbd. But hey... i would love to get an extra 5 stats and 20 skill point and a ethy but it aint gonna happen. So i guess the game will never be balanced.

G

tell me... what are you getting at... because some of us are vets... and we earned our vet status?

vet rewards are given out to everyone every year... you will eventually get 20+ skill points and what not... but only when you actually earn it...

pbd's where not earned...! they were given out durring the introduction of AoS... GIVEN...
they have nothing to do with vet rewards, nothing at all.

therefore the difference in the balance of PBD's and Vet rewards and so far off... it's not even funny...

PBD's allow the owner an absolute free item, given as sort of a gift from EA. I'd say the vets that hadn't gotten one should be the first to get 'em because they were the ones that toughed it out through siege in the early years... back when you started with 100gold and a few of each reg.

unfair you say... I really don't see how you think that it is unfair... the Vet's started here alot longer... *sighs* and roughed it out... and now you think that they should not get one because a couple people came crying here because they had lost their PBD's...

no one should have to pay for 'em... no one.

D

Darknesss

Dude did you even read what i wrote? And as far as just because they a vet they should get one goes.... have you ever left a job and came back to find out you were back at the bottom af the seniority list? Thats just the way it goes. But like i said i do think almost everyone should get a free PBD ( the ones who didnt have a chance to get one). But the ones who had the same chance as i, i just dont think they should get a FREE one. Are you saying you reward is more important than my "gift"? Dont think so.

Also, you didnt just get the PBD because you logged in. You still had to buy the upgrade. They were "promotional" items as stated in the first post of this thread.

Z

Zippididooda

this game is really getting to be NO fun. this all is so ridicoulus, anyone who thinks they are gonna do ANYTHING is deluding themselves. removing the CBD from the arti Kasa is gonna be their BIG step for the year. all you have to do is read Wilkis posts, realize that some peoples posts are DELETED, and put 2+2 together...he even says it himself, he is not here to actually do anything, just get and give info! thats rich.
ive played this game from its very beginings(i started in october 1997) and i gotta say, I loved the game, may continue for a bit, but its over. when i find a new hobby for myself, Im out.
this is a huge deal to me. i thought i would never grow tired of uo, but im just tired of this BS. alienating someone who has played for SEVEN and a half years....way to go, you better hope that you can sucker people in to play this game anew, cause im done.

D

Darth-SP

Don't forget about the faction blessings!

Your picture would even look more obscene!

K

kytryl70

I am a returning player and was left out on the pbd fiasco.. I personally don't mind paying an inflated fee for a pbd effect but to have some of the population with this abilty and some without is kinda uneven.

So I support any of the choices that were given.

Thanks

I

imported_Castor

LOL...dont know what is sadder, the fact that we are in the same place/talking about the same stuff as we were 6 months ago, or all the people who posted in this thread that are now gone...

W

wavace

Hrrrmmm... this was posted in February... im sure theyll get to us anytime , or maybe with the next patch.... you know i couldnt even type that last sentence with a straight face no matter how many times i tried.

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

3. Allow everyone to insure one item for free. This is exactly the same as the context menu PBD, just using an existing system. However, this would make PBDs useless, which is something to consider.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can support this idea as long as there is NO recurring charge associated with insuring my one item.

If we must all have PBD's , thats fine, but I do not want insurance. Period.

In my opinion, a portion of insurance going to PKer's encourages rez-kill type griefing and I didn't come to Siege for that. I do get there there is some logic behind rez-killing, but in this instance, I am talking about rez-killing just to grief and cash in. I can get that on my regular shard. Again, I can support this idea as long as there is NO recurring charge associated with insuring my one item.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL...dont know what is sadder, the fact that we are in the same place/talking about the same stuff as we were 6 months ago, or all the people who posted in this thread that are now gone...

[/ QUOTE ]

The very sad part is all the people who are now gone.

G

It is sad...at least 10 of the people I used to see several times a week in game have moved on. May not sound like a lot, but I suspect that nearly everyone who has been on Siege more than a year, has watched a significant chunk of "their" particular group of game pals disappear in the last 6 months. I know there are new people starting, ancient accounts returning for a look around, and the people who have stayed. That doesn't mean the ones who left aren't missed.

It also is sad that we are still left with the conditions that caused most of those people to leave in the first place.

-Skylark

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't played on Siege for 3-4 weeks and on Europa only 2-3 hours the last 2 months ! It's not worth playing right now. If they would only open a classic shard I would be happy and I would play again every day. But this thing with all the blessings and other dumb stuff is really annoying. Some new things in ML are pretty good, but the basic armor-weapon-damage-system sucks like hell. But EA will never learn.

R

RighteousDoom

i've got better things to do than pay to sit around waiting for siege to turn into one of the bajillion over-populated pre-Ren freeshards.

EA is a poor company for giving a shelf life to a once immortal game.

now they're only focused on game changes designed to trick players into staying for another billing cycle.

M

MeMn0cH

*walks into the thread*

*looks around at all the people that are left and reaches in pocket*

*pulls out a lighter and holds it up and waves it slowly in air while bowing head*

*leaves*

*hugs* &lt;33 those that have left.. For some reason Devildog stands out in my mind.. Never really even knew the guy *shrugs*

T

Tark_Smash

We should not have to pay anything to bless an Item. Alot of use (including me) had PBDs but lost them to bugs or other issues. One blessed item is pretty much NEEDED with all of the insane, expensive, items that are out now.

I Vote #3

But please just give us anything A.S.A.P. so we can play the game. Thanks.

G

I won't get started on him, because well he left the game back when I was modding and left a bitter taste in my mouth, personally I find Siege is far better off without him, and there aren't many people I would say that about in fact there are less than 5 people I would day that about but he's certainly one of them

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

In other matters, since there seems to be a consensus here, is it possible to have this coded for 31??

[/ QUOTE ]

who was this optimistic moron who thought that it would be possible in pub 31???

it was a slow day at work and i wanted to see the last post on the siege boards were and here it was. I thought it was a really interesting read on a tired subject actually. A whole lot of cheerleading goes in it and the expectation of things to come.

i wonder how many of the cheerleaders in this thread are still around or as still enthusiastic about siege's future?

B

Bulldog

My original post in this thread:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The idea has been around for a long time and any of the 4 options you quoted would be fine by me. Id like to see the slot called Cherished Item rather than insured.

The biggest thing for me is that the effort this time is focused and doesnt become a huge looking at everything doing nothing issue but addresses the one Cherished Item per character concern that has so many implications for the shard.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow .. they didnt listen, lumped in cbds and did nothing for another 8 months.... any one still paying them is AS lame as they are .. withdrawing your support for the product would have lead to action, continuing to pay is approval of their apathetic promise lots do nothing approach. This massive issue going unresolved for 2 entire expansion cycles is proof positive that ea will never commit any siege development time and has quite rightly lead to a massive exodus of pissed off undervalued customers.

At this point adding a pbd is only one piece of a giant puzzle thatll never get solved.

Siege = 2nd rate totally unblanced tram with more code bleed than windows xp

Wake up!

M

marichessy

Wow, I don't log on for half a day and I miss 22 pages of PBD banter. It got two pages longer just in the time it took me to read the first page!

Here's my two gold pieces: I like option #3. Allow everyone to bless one item at no charge.

I fear that making the insured item (*cringes*) cost any amount of gold, whether it goes to the pk or not, will promote more rez killing. I think the rez killing and dry looting that we see so often on SP these days is pretty sad. Those actions were once frowned upon by players of all kinds, pk's as well. Disagree with me if you wish, but to me it just shows how item crazy, and win at all costs people have become. Sooo, making the insured item cost anything will just further that mentality. It would more than likely become an opportunity for griefing to develop.

I have a PBD on another shard. I used to have two, on different characters. One disappeared and is lost. So, I know that PBDs for all will end up with lost PBDs and shouts at GMs for them to be replaced. Make it a context menu option/insured item, so that it cannot be lost.

I know that if my PBD were on SP instead of the old shard I used to play, I would gladly give it up this minute for a healthier Siege.

M

MeMn0cH

Wow, you were gone for a day and you missed 22 pages!?

*reads timestamp of original post by wilki*

Whats that? 6 or so months ago? Wowee

Dola.. I do not know DevilDog's history well, he left as I was uprising in siege.. Dunno his rap sheet, he just seemed cool to me *shrugs*

R

Rykus

6 months? Hrm.. It was 8 months from February until October last year. Its probably cuz of the higher gas prices.. *shrugs*

Either way, Its comforting to know that our money has less value than those who prefer Trammel.

M

marichessy

<blockquote><hr>

Wow, you were gone for a day and you missed 22 pages!?

*reads timestamp of original post by wilki*

Whats that? 6 or so months ago? Wowee

[/ QUOTE ]

Doh! Silly me! I never even noticed the date on the first post. My contact lenses are killing me today so I am a bit outta whack.

I knew that idea sounded familiar.

ok, so nm then.

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

Although i may not agree with the way achilles or others go about it, i cannot fault them for their anger or their passion for siege. It is guys like achilles and corwin and the others that have lost their voice on this form, that made siege great and special on this shard. There is nothing in their words which indicates to me that they are self matyres, begging for attention. And if there was, they have certainly earned that right for their past contributions to the shard..
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;I said it in a few pages back..Hope is a very dangerous thing, and that is what this thread did. By wilki coming on here soliciting ideas, and some others here who tied their wagon to this thread, you have built up the hope of the shard that we may finally get a resolution. If there is not a clear indication of action within the next 2 publishes, then i fear all this thread and all this hope did, was cut the legs out of the remaining players and show once again that we are just numbers and we do not matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

here was my diatribe in this thread, which i was routinely flamed for on a bunch of boards. I guess i was right after all, as probably 65% of the posters in this thread no longer play this game.

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

Doh! Silly me! I never even noticed the date on the first post. My contact lenses are killing me today so I am a bit outta whack.

[/ QUOTE ]

DOH! Ditto... I didn't notice the date either. *Summon's Fluffy and looks for the person who dredged up this old thread*

W

wavace

All this does is re-assure us the level of incompetence and the severity of the lies on origins side of the fence... oh but wait !!! As Wilki said why should we reply since weve been called liars? Pffft get over it Wilki, you need to get to your master Tact and feed us some info on this, ive been asking politely on U.hall for months for an update. Get us the PBDs, and as Origin has said its as simple as flipping a switch, GET THE PBDs here, or does this warrant another poll to see who wants them, then put us on the backburner for another half year?

honestly i dont think anyone on siege cares that it was a promo item. at this point most people who were here to get them as promo items have left uo by now anyways. If ea was smart they would spend more time on siege, therfore brining more people therefore bringing more accounts at one char per account freaking putting more money in thier pocket. yet people who dont play siege or never have just see it as broken. so they figure whats the point

K

Kat SP

<blockquote><hr>

oh but wait !!! As Wilki said why should we reply since weve been called liars?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL That's rich! Promise to address the issue, put off the matter for 2+ years and THEN they have the nerve to get all huffy about being called liars!

*Checks to see if the glass slipper fit's the old EA foot* Yep! Perfect match!

R

rp88

I love this game it may have a problem with pbds but none the less I like it

I

imported_Castor

<blockquote><hr>

I still play UO, and I am happy

*wink*

[/ QUOTE ]

good for you argyle, i know a lot of folks are happy where you are currently playing.

It is funny, this stuff used to burn me up....but it really doesnt anymore, more apathetic than anything else.

I just thought the thread was a good read and a good picture in time.