• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege and PBDs... an idea.

I

imported_Coppelia

I vote for #3.

However a problem remains: the promotional items.
Will they stay blessed?
Will they enter in the "one blessed item" limit?
I know that not everyone plays on a production shard at the same time in order to transform the promo items into a code usable on production shards... but they are unfair, aren't they?

C

Chessy

Even though I wear the bunny ears and the gross legs. I would love to see the WHOLE shard be wiped of ANY PBD. But , wait there is more , if they want to make it possible for everyone to have a PBD. Then make it as a Vet Reward. Any one that has a account that is 84 months or older ( production shards are also included ) should have a choice to pick one as a reward. Will this solve all the problems. No. But then atleast the Vets will get something out of it for sticking around for so long. Just a thought.

Evil

Lothar LoD

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Can we get someone who actually plays on Siege to give an opinion. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of people who don't play here any more thinking that removing all blessings is something that people who do play actually want.

<hr></blockquote>

I've been actively playing Siege Perilous for more than 4 years now (or is it 5?).

I see the game get worst with every patch OSI release allowing us to have more blessed items equiped.
I do not want any kind of blessing. No runebook, no clothing.
In my opinion, having magery books blessed is fine, for previously stated reason.

Lothar LoD

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10%

Who are you trying to convince?
Yourself or the dev?

/php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

you forgot about archers. the fastest archery weapon is a repeating crossbow at 41 speed.
so you need to be fast ? be a paladin to deal out high damage ? otherwise you cannot kill
anybody ?
i am archer without chivalry or necro... how come that i still have murdercounts ?

another thing : as an archer i need arrows and a bow. i blessed my bow
with a PBD, still i cant continue figthing after i've been ressed. i remember
the time when there was no PBD. I went out with a GM bow, GM studded armor
no horse and still could kill people. If i died and lost my stuff it was no big
deal, there were enough crafters to make me new stuff for little money.
Today everyone uses uber stuff just because we have the blessings. Not many would
dare to go out with a expensive wepon if they risk to loose it. this would even the
field between the rich and the poor people. remember, we want new people come to
siege. They are poor in the beginning and getting frustrated cause 1. they have
no bless deed and 2. even if they had, they couldn't afford a high end wepon.

so after thinking about the issue more deeply in my opinion it would be best for
the shard to totally remove blessings. (even if i'd loose my bow and hat)

G

I don't want to give up my bless deed, I really love being able to have one item I can't lose but still, something is wrong.

I think we do have more upper stuff ingame now and alot can affort to risk to lose it.

GM items had total lost their value, only if you can affort buying runic tools, they will be worth something.

I think if we remove all runic tools and make it so crafting works like with scribing spellbooks, it will work. Sure it will mess up some crafters if they will need support skills for their craftskills but I never liked 7x crafters with no combat skills.

It should not just be magery, that would work as support skill but also weapon skills. If crafted items was usefull and crafters could defend them self better I think Siege would be more balanced.

I'm taking down my vendors, I miss the time when I was crafting leather and iron suits and weapons and could not keep my vendor stocked.

We don't want item insurance, but to make it work, we need to be able to replace items easy. The problem with AoS items is, it take time to find the right items and you do not have the time without item insurance.

When GM crafted items was usefull, it was no problem to replace lost items. Crafters need to be able to make the items their customers want without using hours or days to make one perfect item.

It's fine monster loot is a little more powerful but GM crafted items should be useful in PvP and not so complicated as now. It's a hell to make the resist and othe mod fit together to a perfect suit you may lose 5 min later.

V

Viceroy's Smithy

I personally don't like item insurance at all, I thought it was a horrible idea since day one and really wish it was eliminated from Ultima Online altogether, this item insurance is and was the by-product of Trammel ideaology which has no place on Siege Perilous, however if I was absolutely forced to make a choice from the four you've presented here, I would pick option four under protest. Problem with Siege Perilous is it will never fit into the mold of pre-UO:R days due to the fact Siege Perilous has been polluted over the years with Trammel ideaology, all the more the reason why I would strongly recommend a pre-UO:R shard because at the end of the day, no how much you tweak stuff Wilki, people just aren't ever going to be satisfied enough with Siege Perilous in its current state as long as the remains of Trammel ideaology remains in effect.

S

Sirideain

<blockquote><hr>

make current pbds stop functioning but allow players to turn theirs in for a cbd

<hr></blockquote>

Yes

Lothar LoD

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I pvp every day. There is a group of us who do. I see you once in a blue moon. Now, maybe you think popping in occasionally to pk someone in luck armor is UO, but thats not how I play.

<hr></blockquote>

Evermore,
Your battleground is the guardzone.
Of course you see me once in a blue moon, when you log on your tamer and decide to venture in the wilderness in order to farm more goodies to bless.

The truth is that you are the opposite of what Siege Perilous was supposed to be.
Siege is supposed to be about player Justice, about danger and about risk.
It shouldn't be a land where blue players like you can go talking smack within the limit of their guardzone.
Anyways, your blue hue is another debate.

Point is, If you want to use the best crap around in order to have an edge over some people, you better watch your back because I'm going after ya, and I might as well take everything off your corpse, including that five stars weapon of yours.

That how Siege Perilous should be played.

<blockquote><hr>

I doubt that you even voted in Salt's poll, I doubt you even know the Luna ballot box I'm talking about. If you did, you would know that the shard, as a whole, has consistently voted for PBD's for all.

<hr></blockquote>
You have no clue what I did and what I didn't do.
So you might want to shut your piehole.

And from the couples pages of this thread I've read, I'm pleased to see that there is quite a lot of people that are in favor of no blessing at all... and that is without even a such option in Wilky's pool.

<blockquote><hr>

So, go ahead and advocate the removal of blessings. Make artifacts decorations, make people fight with gm weapons or not at all. If that happens, there will be one less vendor mall, one less holiday tournament, and 6 less accounts on the shard. I'll move to some place where I can still pvp a paladin.

<hr></blockquote>
Oh I'm going to shed a tear.

Between you and I,
I'd be the happiest guy around if they would remove all kind of blessing.
Who know how many people will stick around longer because of it. Who know how many people will come back to Siege Perilous, a shard they loved for it challenge?

I'm pretty sure some of my long time gone friends would even get back on the shard.
And if your too much of a wuss to go out and play without an uber weapon that stick to your ass like crazy glue even after death, then either go back to trammel or quit I suppose.
I don't give a rat ass about your threats of quitting.

Many people have quit because Siege changed in a way they didn't like.
You wouldn't be the first one.

As for your comment about "not wanting to become a necro warrior"... it is laughable.
The necro warrior is one of the template that rely the most on uber equipement.

E

Evermore

Lothar,

I like you. I do.

I just get combative when it comes to these issues because they mean something to me, and because I have been at it for so long. Many on the shard have.

I do not hold your hope that people who have left this shard for other shards or other games will return. A few might, but too many have left.

If the shard is to live again, we must find a way to make it attractive to new players.

Several issues face us in this endeavor. I had told myself I would not re-hash this, as I am tired of giving my ideas freely, only to have them and all the good ideas of the players of Siege ignored. But, I will do it for you because I respect you as someone who has called Siege home for longer than I've played UO.

So, here goes.

First, level the playing field. This can be done by removing PBD's or making sure that everyone has one.

Which would attract more players? Certainly, a shard with no blessings or insurance of any kind would bring those looking for a challenge. But, would they stay? Would they stay when they lost armor, jewels, weps, mounts, regs, etc... with every death?

Or would they be more attracted if they were able to hold on to something. One weapon, one jewel, one hat, or a simple fishing pole?

I believe they would prefer to be able to keep one thing. It would make the quest for a great weapon, or the hours in doom, or a 7AE gift worth having.

If the poll we were promised long ago by Binky had ever materialized, we might know definitively the answer to this question. As is, we only have our opinions.

I do feel that the inability to hold on to even one item would make it very difficult to play certain characters.

Your character and your playstyle for example might be ok. As a fencer you have a wide variety of fast, one handed weapons available to you. You heal with bandages and spirit speak, both of those are of course not affected by the loss of blessings.

But, characters like archers and macers do not have the wide variety of fast, one handed pvp weapons available that fencers do. Swordsmen are limited as well. For those who don't have SE. The fastest sword is a katana which is far slower than a dagger or even a kryss. Actually, most swordsmen use cleavers, which of course, are not craftable by runics. So, while your template with fencing, bandages, and spirit speak might be ok with no blessings, other templates like macers, and archers, and pallys who rely on FC, would be adversely affected.

So again, we need to think about what would attract the most new players. Would a wider variety of templates do this? It's my opinion that it would.

And what about playstyle? I don't know how much you play the shard these days. I do know that you participated in my holiday tournament, and that you pked me not too long ago outside Destard. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif So, you obviously do play. There are those of us though who play every night. Its nothing for me to die 4 or 5 times a week. Out of those, I generally lose everything I am carrying 3 times.

The one thing I dont lose is my weapon. Its not overpowering, not nearly as nice as the warfork you often use, but it fits my template well, and in 2 plus years on the shard it is the only weapon I have found with FC, UBWS, a speed which allows me to swing once per second (with stamina increase armor), a hit spell effect, and HLD which I find very helpful for a dexxer.

You see, when you PVP a macer, a pally macer, your choices in weapons are a bit more limited. I'm sure you can understand that dieing as often as I do, losing my weapons with every death, I would pretty quickly run out of viable PVP weps. Of course, I could drop macing and become a fencer, even drop my shield and chug potions. But, that is what everyone is doing, and I enjoy the variety.

Otherwise, I could play more like I imagine you do, where you don't die more than once in a while and can therefore retain your gear far longer.

Again, what would attract more new players? I believe a variety of viable templates and playstyles would be attractive to the largest number of people.

Aside from PBD's, what blessings should stay or be removed? I believe that the 7AE items should be unblessed. I believe they should never had been blessed on this shard, but that cow is out of the barn.

The presence of blessed 7AE items is a deterrent to new players joining Siege. It is something like PBD's, which some people have and some people can't get. The items should certainly remain, but their blessed properties need to be removed.

Faction blessings may not seem to be a deterrent to new players as they are available to anyone who joins factions. I do think faction blessings should be removed though, as they present a balance issue among current Siege residents.

Those who spent hours in doom, exploiting the faction bug with the Dark Father, have been able to gain multiple artifacts and sell them for large sums of gold. For those people, it is nothing to buy barbed runic kits and go around with blessed uber armor at all times.

That represents a deterrent to new players. Imagine coming on to Siege to get away from insurance and then running in to Revvo or Antioch. Every single thing Antioch wears is blessed, and Revvo only wears one unblessed item at any time. They are not the only ones.

We agree on this, faction blessings are a detriment to balanced pvp and should be removed. On a shard where insurance is not supposed to exist, it should not be available to only the super rich.

Ok, so thats my position. We agree that 7AE items should be unblessed and that faction blessings should be removed. Our reasons may differ, but we do agree.

What about other blessings? Like spellbooks, runebooks, ethys and vet rewards? If we go back to the original question, what would bring the greatest number of players to Siege then I believe those items should stay as they are. I would hate to move to a shard where I could never ride an ethy or wear a reward cloak. Likewise, how would new players feel about losing their spellbooks constantly or not being able to keep a rune to their home safely?

Those items do not unbalance combat, and are available to anyone.

That I believe is all that is on the table at the moment. PBD's for all or none, and the other blessings. We agree on everything but the PBD's and on that we will just have to agree to disagree.

Now, I am tired of typing so a few last quick suggestions to bring more people to the shard. This is for Wilki, not you Lothar, although you are welcome to read!

First, skill gain needs to be sped up. ROT is a good system, but raising or eliminating the daily stat caps would allow new people to come to the shard and compete more quickly.

Second, everyone should be allowed one house on Siege in addition to their house on a production shard. I know that this might lead to some absentee owners, but on the whole, I believe it would increase the shard population. There are many housing spots available, and to new players, the inability to place a home without losing what they worked so hard for on another shard is a HUGE obstacle.

Third, support for this shard must be improved. The best way for this shard, and for UO to get new players is for current players to open new accounts and/or invite their friends to join the game. The dramatic decrease in shard population at the moment is the direct result of OSI/EA ignoring us for so long. Fixing the PBD/blessings issue would be a great step toward righting that wrong, but we will have other problems in the future. They can't be ignored for years on end as this one has been, or all the effort of everyone involved will be wasted.

Lothar you and I do disagree about one thing, but we agree about a great many more. At the heart of it, both of us want to see Siege thrive.

I invite you and other Siege players to once again post your best ideas here (if you have not already). You may have done it ten times before, but I feel that I've popped the cork on the bottle so you may as well have another drink.

Evermore

Lothar LoD

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Which would attract more players? Certainly, a shard with no blessings or insurance of any kind would bring those looking for a challenge. But, would they stay? Would they stay when they lost armor, jewels, weps, mounts, regs, etc... with every death?

<hr></blockquote>
No blessing at all would attract more players.
The player base in trammel are sick as hell of their insurance.
Offer them the opposite, a place where nothing is blessed, like it used to be:
Siege Perilous.

Why wouldn't they stay? As far as I know, WAKA are bigger than ever, half of them don't have a PBD in a world a such item seems to be a must.

<blockquote><hr>

Or would they be more attracted if they were able to hold on to something. One weapon, one jewel, one hat, or a simple fishing pole?

<hr></blockquote>
Why do you need to hold an uber item in your hand in order to feel ok?
You were complaining about GM weapon in a previous post.
Who said you'd have to use GM weapon?
Just use "decent" weapon which aren't hard to find anymore... or better yet just kill someone and take it off him?

<blockquote><hr>

I do feel that the inability to hold on to even one item would make it very difficult to play certain characters.

<hr></blockquote>
Pure mage would probably have a slight edge over dexxer, considering 1/2 jewels are more common than an above average weapon.
But they already have that edge in the system that we play, with the samurai helmet and those highjacked resist.

As for the rest of your saying,
It seems to be that the item based pvp has completly assimilated you.
You seems to have a major problem when it come to fight with another weapon that the one that "currently fit you well".

Be innovative,
slight template change?
practice your pvp?

It total bull**** to say macer and archer won't survive a no blessing era.

<blockquote><hr>

What about other blessings? Like spellbooks, runebooks, ethys and vet rewards? If we go back to the original question, what would bring the greatest number of players to Siege then I believe those items should stay as they are. I would hate to move to a shard where I could never ride an ethy or wear a reward cloak. Likewise, how would new players feel about losing their spellbooks constantly or not being able to keep a rune to their home safely?

Those items do not unbalance combat, and are available to anyone.

<hr></blockquote>
I said already that blessed Magery Book are fine with me. Someone in thread already posted something that describe very well my thought about it.

Beside books, there was a time on Siege where nothing was blessed.
No Ethy neither. Pet weren't bonded.

People had to work their ass off to get ONE Mount. Only to see it get killed after a battle.
That was the fun of it. People were having huge battles.... on foot.
Those were the best days of siege, there was TON of people around.

You simply rely too much on your item.
It seems item pvp have blasted many people creativity.

Without their preciousssssssssss PBD goody, they panic.

M

Mers

The days pre-faction where horses cost 1700gp gold wasnt as easy to come by, Lots of GM armor was sold (I miss wearing my heavy archer sets) GM weapons were the in thing because it was either that or Ruin, Force, Power, or Vanq which noone really farmed for becuase what was the use, Force = GM and Vanq wasnt uber. The days where I could carry a invis and a teleport ring to get out of those tight jams (which I would so oft get into on my old 450ms ping). I didnt fret about losing [censored] cause I could replace it without spending hours farming. People spent more time ingame fighting off hordes of undead, people had to team together and have a good time fighting an ancient wyrm, tamers had expendable dragons that wernt trained and died often, I could remember buying a horse off a tamer for 500gold and saying thanks. (wow tamers sold horses back then), C'mon the game has changed so much what the hell is going on. I left I think a week after BoDs came out, I needed a break to get my RL straightened out and came back to this. Its different, I have adapted, I'm a merchant so I'm almost useless (appologizes for not keeping his vendors stocked getting bored with it again, would also like to thank those who do support a crafter)
PRS' have a certain luster to me right now after writing all this, but I would so love to keep paying EA to play the game I fell in love with so long ago, I wont shut down all my accounts I have 2 down right now but I will always keep my crafter dreams alive.

In short I don't really give a rats @$$ what you do as far as PBDs but lose the blessings on all else.

I'm done ranting.

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

Im only up to page 5 so far... so apologies if I'm late on any other arguments etc...

As someone without PBDs on any of my accounts... and a crafter through and through... [particularly on siege] I was looking at #4... [WITHOUT INSURANCE PAYOUTS TO KILLERS] or a similar suggestion that someone else had... x amount for blessing one item... x again when you want to change the bless... nothing for deaths [I think that or 3 would be the preference for thieves, I'm sure Dave can attest to that /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif]

Then I see that most people [even the ones WITH bless deeds right now] are leaning towards 3...
I still feel that 4 is most appropriate... and it sets a nice precedence for paying for the use of what others get free through rewards [*hint vet rewards*]

I personally [mainly as a crafter] would like to see 0 blessings but thats possibly the repressed memory of the sadistic 3 months of scrolling through the crafting menu and clicking until my finger almost dropped off... gradually creeping to the surface and lashing out at others lol.

3 or 4 Works for me. So long as no insurance money goes to the killer...

And I'd prefer something like a onetime cost for the item... and a re-curring cost only when you wish to change the item... but you cant always get what you want /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I'll continue reading through the thread and edit this tomorrow /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

[edit]
If blessings across the board were out the door.. including rewards... you'd have to offer some form of compensation surely for those who spent the money on 7ae items ... I wish it werent true... but lets be honest... we dont need another lawsuit on EA's shoulders regarding UO they may just drop it like a bad habit /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I for one would battle the lagmonkey and stick around... I know many MANY MANY crafters would come to siege... and I have seen many dozens of different posters recently on UHALL who would probably be more than willing to give it a try if NOTHING were blessed/insured etc... and everything eventually disappeared... [I think factions falls into its own category... its temporary... its crafter made and its an EARNED benefit of the SYSTEM]

In short... HELL YES GET RID OF EVERY LAST BLESSING /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Just announce one day "all your blessings, are belong to us" and have everything unblessed :p

[/edit]

I got carried away and decided to finish reading [skimming] the posts all the way to the last page /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

Shoko@JP

Thank you for the suggestion, Wilki.

I am a Japanese living in Siege./php-bin/shared/images/icons/specs.gif
I asked other Japanese people in Siege about Wilki's four suggestion.

#1 -----2
#2 -----0
#3 -----13
#4 -----7
(Total vote 22)

And I also asked people in <font color=green>Mugen shard</font color=green> the same question on Mugen BBS.
<font color=green>(They really want to tell you what they want.)</font color=green>

#1 -----3
#2 -----0
#3 -----79
#4 -----27
(Total vote 109)

Many poeple support #3.
They have some reasons that.....

About #3
â—#3 is the most fair system.
â—We hope #3 will invites mamy people.
â—Blessed sounds very nice rather than insured.

And about #4
â—Because this is siege(rule).

I have to tell Wilki that there are 2 important opinions.
(They have many good ideas but below 2 are most important.)

<font color=red>1.We will have to be able to remove an insurance without insured item.</font color=red>
Even if we have dropped an insured item accidentally,we must be able to remove the insurance without it to insure a different item once again.
(There is an idea that if we use an insurance command, it must be change "remove an insurance" command.)

2.Some people have new idea (#5) that....
<font color=blue>Allow everyone to insure one item at the 3X the full production shard cost, and this would make PBDs useless</font color=blue>.
But they also support #1 to #4,because they don't want to interrupt Wlki's work with their idea.
They hope no PBD holders can have an insurance(bless) slot as soon as possible.

We have many opinions about this ploblem,but we don't say anything now.
We will agree to any of them for <font color=red>early realization</font color=red> one PBD(insurance) for all.

And even if it will be done,please continue a discussion of Siege bless problem in future for better Siege(Mugen).

Thank you,Wilki!!

Shoko

A

Arden

unsticky this post, its 19 pages of pure carp, wilki whatever his name is hasnt posted on thsi thing in weeks, hes not gonna do [censored], what a ****ing waste of time

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wilki,

My thoughts on blessing is that I think everyone should have one personal bless deed so that can bring one item that will not be lost. As for the rest of the blessing, I could go either way. The way it is now, if you have a PBD you have one item you can take with you and not lose which is a huge advantage to others. With no chars with a PBD on Siege, I could not, in good concience own/use a jackal's collar for example. A very pricey item that could be lost simply because my internet connection went out? I don't think so. With a PBD - you can use at least ONE item like this. With no PBD - you can NEVER use it. See the difference?

As a side note, what I think would invigorate Siege is to NOT include it in the housing calculation like other shards such that you may have One house on a production shard and One house on Siege.

As it is now, very few of us on production shards are willing to 'give up' our production houses to try siege out - and with the rules on siege - you are at an extreme disadvantage if you have no house.

If the change were made to the housing - I'd look to play there more, but I'm not going to open a separate account to hold a house just to 'try out' siege.

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

One per shard and one Per siege/mugen...

Yeah.. I like that /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

lol, get allow anyone to have a house on siege, and there would be no housing space left..people would come over, get some gold, place, never play here again and just ebay the house

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think, non PvP critical items - especially runebooks - should remain blessed.

Imagine the person who has his house on a small island in the nowhere or in the dark dschungles and has already problems to find the way to his house?

The assumed rune in the bank box isn't there any more, so it tends to be a really annoying situation to find back to the house.

My runebooks are a kind of my personal UO Guide - and I won't like to miss them again after all these years.

What is my PBD attached to? Currently to stuff, the most of you would consider worthless:
the warrior (71 fencing) has it on a normal monster loot lance
the treasurehunter/smith has it on unenhanced 20 LRC plate arms
This are the things critical for survival.

As far as the Ethis are concerned - if they get unblessed - like any other vet or whatever reward - let the current owner return it to his count of available rewards, so that he can claim it on another shard instead.

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

Oh yes... runebooks should remain blessed...

But the rewards and such... items that give benefit [which is what wilki specifically mentioned] should be unblessed...

W

Wilki

I last posted 8 days ago in this thread. That is not "weeks ago", and I've been reading it daily since then.

FYI, I can't snap my fingers and "do something" for Siege. My role here is convey information from you, the players, to the dev team, and vice versa. I hope that clears things up.

Have a wonderful day!

K

Krishka_SP

Thanks for shutting the pesimists up /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

Its been a long time coming for the old siegers... you have to forgive them some frustrations...

As someone with merely a vested interest in siege [thats specific to how effective my crafting playstyle can be here] I appreciate the communication... but I share the opinion... communication and talking only goes so far... We've come to one majority already [even though I dont share it] on option 3...

An unanimous decision would never be reached.. but without a doubt thats the closest I've ever seen with regards to UO...

Where do we go from here? and [honestly] how much hope could we have of an bless armor/weapon free shard?

Do we now need to figure out how to fix the PBDs to be worth the "investment" that these players feel they made in them? Im sure most would be happy for a cbd in replacement of their PBD's..

What is left to discuss [assuming we cant TRULY discuss a blessing free shard... or single blessing shard]

G

<font color=blue>I'd like to see more opinions on how people feel about what PvP balance would be like if there were no blessed items on Siege, other than clothing that didn't have properties, runebooks and normal spellbooks (and anything else I'm forgeting that falls into the same spirit as those items).
</font color=blue>

I have spent a load of real life $$ on crap. Was my own fault, yes. But before I'D lose it unblessed, I'd put it in my bankbox and close the accounts - just for sitting it out until there is some sort of blessing. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif
None of my chars is a PvPer, I am not interested in PvP, so I won't fight for any items that were blessed when I purchased them.

Just curious, Wilki: If EA sells blessed crap for real life cash, and then unblessed it, aren't there legal issues?

Not that I'd sue or something, I'm not even a US citizen - closing down my accounts would be my way to go.

H

hilfiger

the problem Mr. wilki is that we was suppose to have a vote a year ago and we got nothing but deleted posts and bans from stratics and unfortunately all the sp players that was here half of them have left SP so when you want feedback how are you gonna get feedback when you ignored us for the last year and banned all the voices who spoke nothing but the truth.

famous quote "if you dont like the truth change it"

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

You payed for the item code...
Note ... nowhere did it state that the shard you were purchasing it for was for siege perilous or mugen... nor was that entailed in the price...

Therefore you'd have no legal ground to stand on if they were to give you a replacement code in return for those items...

But for your own personal benefit [having stated already you dont pvp] you'd prefer to see those that do pvp.. get weighed down by the blessing stone? :p
You want them to look pretty? Im confused as to why have them if you dont use them?

G

<font color=blue>You payed for the item code...
Note ... nowhere did it state that the shard you were purchasing it for was for siege perilous or mugen... nor was that entailed in the price... </font color=blue>
it was clear that they'd be blessed on ANY shard at the time of the purchase. Same for vet rewards: They have an impact on the PvP balance, so I guess they'll be unblessed as well?
But at the time we chose the rewards, it was crystal clear that they'd be blessed.

It's like buying a digicam, and then they change the battery type and you can't buy suitable batteries anymore. Speaking of the ones that use special rechargeables depending on the exact camera type here.

*shrugs* but as I said: I won't sue anyone because of a couple of hundred bucks. But I'd lose trust in the company and move on to another, non-EA online game.

<font color=blue>You want them to look pretty? Im confused as to why have them if you dont use them? </font color=blue>
just because I PvM doesn't mean that I'm running around naked, hon. Believe it or not: Even when just hunting critters decent resists and gimmicks are a nice to have. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

I could live with a "remove all blessings temporarily" - hope that someone would give me a shout when that time is over. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/tongue.gif

G

Wilki?

I just had a look at the new major items on test. Could you resolve the PBD/insurance (I said it!!!!!!) issue quick, please? I have over 100 minors and was hoping for some deco/dyetub stuff - but without a PBD ALL of the majors are freaking useless. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

Thanks!

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hmm, what I meant is that there should be also a place for us who want to play the game in basic style without artis. Under some circumstances I could live with magic weapons, but artis and these jewels have too much impact on pvp and even pvm.
I had a magic cleaver with some mana leech, some stamina leech, hci and di. When I tried to kill someone with a royal leggings of ember and an ancient samurai helm I had to hide and wait until he got damaged by monsters down to like 20-40 hp, then I attacked and most of the time it is impossible to kill him. I'm GM posioner and when I do the infect he cures too fast and kills me too fast.
There had been one situation where I infected one, he stood still, did a *laugh* emote, cured and killed me. That's just ridiculous. Right now there are less templates competitive than it would be without artis.
Oh and two days ago, Arden killed me while I killed some monsters at the Tokuno Champ spawn (I want such a dying pigment /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif, looted my hci ring and since then my hit chance is ridiculous low. On a swamp tentacle, my hc is like 30-40% as GM Sword.
I would say there are enough shards (all the production shards) where the ppl can play with all items they want. I just want to have a place where skill and tactics are in the foreground, without these items.
I thought Siege would be a cool shard, but now I must see that too many ppl just follow the mainstream. I would say, that if you want to play with your nice little artis, items and other stuff, you should go to a production shard, there you can have all, pbd, blessings, insurance, items, whatever you want, but I also want a place where I can play the game like it was before aos or lbr hit in. It's just that simple, back to the roots = back to fun !
Hell, I'm not native english speaking, so I can't explain it to you in the right way, sorry, but I'm just too disappointed about this all right now.
All I can say is that this game is on the total wrong path in a total wrong direction and many ppl left because of that. The devs and EA could make at least one shard for us and they would see that there are many ppl who want to play the game old stylish. I don't want to discuss more about that! I just want to see some things happen!

T

Threnody

I'd still like to be able to bless unimportant clothing pieces that niether add nor detract from your abilities and resists. For example shoes, boots, sandals, fur boots, shirts, cloaks, robes, shirts, fancy shirts, maybe tinkered earrings, rings, bracelets and necklaces, etc do not have any special properties and no resists. It would not hurt anyone for me to be able to make sure my character will always have "tasteful" clothing every time she rezzes as opposed to a death robe.

Unblessed runebooks.. eehhh.. That would really perturb me if I am out marking numerous runebooks and I die, but I its something I could live with. If folk live way out in the middle of nowhere they will just need to keep many spare runes in their banks just in case.

Unblessed everything else? Again, if nothing at all is blessed the playing field will be fairly balanced with a high turnover rate of items/clothing/armor/etc that may help out the crafters a bit more. I'd still like one item blessable per character though. My two would probably bless their pet summoning balls.

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

It was clear that they'd be blessed and available to be redeemed on any shard...

However again.. you purchased the CODE.. not the item... if they give you the CODE back... then you're SOL

I agree 100% on the vet rewards /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif ubless them :p
Perhaps even allow them to be redeemed for "A x Year Veteran Reward Token" /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

That way you can choose again knowing that none of them will be blessed ;P

Ah.. so you are using them to an advantage [over others who dont have the blessed items] I was confused there for a while /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Whilst in this thread...

What would people say to them giving us a onetime use 720 skill transfer soulstone...
And turning back on the PBD distribution for noobs?

If you want the pbd... use the skill transfer soulstone... delete the character... remake it.. put the skills back on.

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

One bless would be fine... but blessed full suits of artifact level items is somewhat ridiculous /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I'd rather see all hats unblessable but all other clothing types and rings and jewellery [WITHOUT MODS] blessable with cbds.

R

RedPhoenix

You made a very good point against having even a single PBD, a point which I have not seen too often and would like to highlight.

Even a single bless deed still allows players to use an unbalancing high-power artifiact weapon with no risk. Risk is the key. New players or more casual players do not have access to such items and would not be competitive without one.

If all players are using similar GM or inexpensive magic weapons then the battle is determined mostly by <font color=red>skill</font color=red> and skills. Isn't that what we want for Siege? Siege should be the shard where skill is the determining factor in a fight, not blessed items or artifacts - even one.

Besides in a zero-bless environment there is nothing stopping somone from using an artifact if they choose to, except for their own fear of loss.

"Hey, why not move to Siege! You know, with a well trained character, you can grab a GM weapon and armor and get right into the action because they do not allow blessed items on that shard."

Further, if veterans knew that they could reactivate their old accounts arm themselves with an old vanq weapon and get right back into the action on Siege, thats another good thing.

R

RedPhoenix

Trammelized Siege, sold on the thought that items should not be lost or just trying to be competitive, most players are running around looking like this:

<center>

</center>

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

Whered this thread disappear to kelmo? LoL

I only went 3 pages back granted...

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

Man.. you need to get a new image host... /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

I never see any of your pictures [unless they're link ones]

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

Working now /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif much better...

You missed the best ones...
Holy sword / Repeater + Bunnyears + Leggings + Blessed Fire robe + Blessed Fire Cloak + Personal Blessed gauntlets of nobility /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

This is for March and anyone else who is ill informed enough to threaten a law suit or demand reparation for losing blessed status on their pixels. Sorry for the all caps but im quoting direct from the TOS you all agreed to when you made your account:

<blockquote><hr>

IN ORDER TO HELP MAKE ULTIMA ONLINE A GOOD EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE, ORIGIN MAY OCCASIONALLY FIND IT NECESSARY TO MAKE CHANGES TO, OR RESET CERTAIN PARAMETERS OF, AN ON-GOING WORLD IN ORDER TO BRING IT BACK INTO BALANCE. THESE CHANGES OR RESETS MAY AFFECT CHARACTERS UNDER YOUR CONTROL AND MAY CAUSE YOU SETBACKS WITHIN THE GAME WORLD.

<hr></blockquote>

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

Anyone got a response to the idea of a 720 skill soulstone [with one use] and PBDs turned on for new characters?

V

Virgil Tempest

We can't even get them to turn on pbds for new characters.

C

CaptainCrunch

<blockquote><hr>

Trammelized Siege, sold on the thought that items should not be lost or just trying to be competitive, most players are running around looking like this:

<hr></blockquote>

[sarcasm]
Trammelized? LOL I'm wearing a CBD'd Burglar's Bandana and Vet Robe. OMG! Oh I forgot the AoS clothing!

Sorry if my one "real" blessed item (Bandana) is too much.
[/sarcasm]

Seeing as I don't have a PBD I see nothing wrong with this. Blessed clothing really doesn't unbalance anything. Even 3-6% Physical resist barely does anything harmful to balance. Do you really think taking away rewards from the Vet's is going to make people want to stay?

7th Anni gifts are a different story, but I think we should keep our eye on the ball.

PBD for all!

Are you honestly going to tell me you have no blessed items? If you really don't, let me know your in-game name so I can rob you blind. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif