• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

same babble, different thread

• Thread starter that one guy
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Green Thief

ah, pretty good plan. So with Voc Rehab you still get to keep your GI bill for later right? You'd be really set if you were livin in TX or IL, because then they would even pay for school after the GI was finished lol. You could go to school for like 10 yrs and not pay a cent. So what % you gettin from the VA? Im still waitin on my physicals. They scheduled them originally for the week of my wedding, but i missed em and they closed my case. So now i got em to reopen it, but am waitin on some appointments. ah, just babbling now, but i guess thats the point. :thumbsup:
Yup, if my future employer doesn't cover my masters degree the GI bill will.

I'm rated at 60%. It's not bad =]

F

Fingers of Cats

Ok so who here had a good weekend!? I couldn't help but have fun, cause I got Fallout 3 :)

Anyone else got anything exciting going on in their lives?

DaveSP!

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so who here had a good weekend!? I couldn't help but have fun, cause I got Fallout 3 :)

I had a crap weekend - i ended up staying in and baking a cake cos i didnt have enough money to go out drinking and it was the only thing i could think of doing to distract myself from my lack of cigarettes

M

Mairut

I had a crap weekend - i ended up staying in and baking a cake cos i didnt have enough money to go out drinking and it was the only thing i could think of doing to distract myself from my lack of cigarettes
Ouch!.... I hate not having any cigarettes or not enough of 'em :( Sorry to hear that.

Nope. Cleaned house and played UO.
Same thing I plan on doing this weekend :sleep2:

I've thought about getting Fallout a few times...

M

Merlock

Any of you jerks playing during the week free shenanigans? I ran around on siege for a couple hours, there's ****ing sunglasses out now, what the eff

M

Merlock

I saw some wakayama running around with the SP! tag and was like oh god what is this and he told me path has the siege professionals stone and I was like yaaay my creation still exists then I noticed the sunglasses and was like oh **** this game so much

DaveSP!

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw some wakayama running around with the SP! tag and was like oh god what is this and he told me path has the siege professionals stone and I was like yaaay my creation still exists then I noticed the sunglasses and was like oh **** this game so much

Last time i was about SP! was in factions...it made me a sad panda

F

Fingers of Cats

That's ok... I didn't realize you can't call "guards" in brit fel anymore when a red hits you cause of the new faction rules :/

Man am I ready for school to be over so I can go home and play some games :) Too many characters to train up and just too little time!

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah, I'm back playing EvE. Pirating and thieving through space. Now that I understand the game mechanics a bit more, I can see I probably will never reactivate my UO accounts again...la

F

Fingers of Cats

I thought that once too... then sold my account... now there is a hole in my heart that cannot be filled ever again *sigh*

Just don't get drastic and throw/sell/get rid of your account... because you will return (I did it at least 8 times)

What's everyone focused on these days (in UO or RL)?

me: questing in UO and teaching/spending time with the wife in RL.

C

Cruxshadow

stealing whatever goodies i can find/ finishing up semester & spending time with the wife and dog. Yesterday was my 1 yr anniversary of getting out of the Navy and finally getting to come home. Its been a wild year (started college, new job, got married, best friend committed suicide) but its been a monstly welcome change.

M

Mairut

I thought that once too... then sold my account... now there is a hole in my heart that cannot be filled ever again *sigh*

Just don't get drastic and throw/sell/get rid of your account... because you will return (I did it at least 8 times)

What's everyone focused on these days (in UO or RL)?

me: questing in UO and teaching/spending time with the wife in RL.
Same old....

Waiting for GH to finish being redone. Sucks not having those stupid crystals to use. Have to go and banksit in fel now :mad:
RL? Not much.

Thinking about getting a pekingese. Need a small dog for apt, but it's hard to get that particular breed up here. I'll see them every once in a while on the shelters' websites but they're usually gone when I go to see them. Same with any other small dog in the area.

I wish I was renting a house...I might get a GSD or two then :D

There seems to be a lot of big dogs in shelters up here...

Anyone know of a small dog that needs a home in the Rochester, NY area? I could pay a small rehoming fee even. Not looking for a yappy chihuahua-type though :(

F

Fingers of Cats

*yawn* went for a hike with our Church's Youth Group... need a nap for a an hour or so then time with the wife... maybe, just maybe I'll get some UO time this weekend!

D

drewniu

I think I'll give FF XIV a try once it comes out on ps3... Any of you peeps plan on playing it?

F

Fingers of Cats

not I... I gave up on consoles back with the Nintendo 64... couldn't afford to keep upgrading to the newest console. I just stuck with computer games!

I'm waiting for Diablo III to come out :)

F

Fingers of Cats

My wife has the habit of wanting attention at the most inopportune time when I'm playing games, so I'm still trying to find a multiplayer game that I can walk away from at a moments notice.

WoW wasn't cutting it because of the involvement of raids etc or pvping. She just doesn't understand that people count on you in games if you're doing something with them.

UO is a little easier to do since most activities don't take too long.

I'm hoping DIII will also be as "convenient" to my wife :p

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just don't expect it to be a plug and play game. It actually has a huge learning curve, but once you get it down...you are all set. Also, download EvEmon add on for the game, it will help you to set up the proper skill training order. The great part of the game is you can train while logged out of the game...and it's completely legal, lol...*remembers all of the unnattended macroing I did while training up hiding in the old days*...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You train your navigation skills to get better at that...or train your gunnery skills to fire faster and more accurate. As a suggestion, learn the learning skills first so you can learn all of the skills faster.

There is a great newbie guide at the Eve official forums. Right now I'm training mining skills so I can earn a little extra cash between missions. I've played on and off for 3 years, but until recent additions was having a tough time learning what skills i wanted to train...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How the hell do you fight if you can't steer the ship?
Also, you target what it is you want to fight, and either orbit (at qa selected range, determined by you) or keep the target at range (again at a distance predetermined by you)...then activate your guns/missles/rockets etc and the fight goes until one side is dead, or one side runs away...la

D

drewniu

Do races/bloodlines/etc matter at all in this game? Do you have any links which explain how they matter?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No not really. I started up a new toon last night and was wondering this as well. The key is...what do you want to do in the game? If it's pvp you want to make sure perception and intel are higher than the other skills so you can learn them faster. There are some good guides. Go to google and search for eve pirate guide. It will expalin what skills to train for that type of PvP. Since I still play solo, pirating is best suited for solo pvp. Arrrrrr...la

D

drewniu

Rico: how do I learn Learning Skills? I don't see instant recall or any other learning skills in my character sheet->skills :/

D

drewniu

And I thought I should've gotten 5 attribute points to redistribute? Ugh, how do I see if I have them?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rico: how do I learn Learning Skills? I don't see instant recall or any other learning skills in my character sheet->skills :/

You buy the books for those (and many others) in the market. If you don't have a skill check the market, and see how much they are selling for and buy them...la

F

Fingers of Cats

Ahhh I remember seeing some of those sigs! Jim Beam and Turkey Hill the most memorable ones :) Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

F

Fingers of Cats

WOOHOO 1/2 a day today! I can't wait for school to get out for some endless hours of UO while the wife works throughout the holidays! (Yes... I'm a teacher and I like to get out of school more then the kids!)

I need to finish up my Sampire and get Ninjitsu trained up cause I'm tired of getting revealed passively every time I'm next to someone in fel :(

C

Cruxshadow

come to siege, its pretty much elfless. and if you do see an elf, it seems like their passive reveal is nerfed (maybe even turned off? not sure).

F

Fingers of Cats

Christmas Eve guys... what's on the agenda for you today? RL or In-game?

In-laws is a great place to be, dinner and then presents :p

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merlock - Yea I still have the SP! stone. For the longest time it was just me in the guild and I was just keeping it alive. Recently however, some people left and the guild that I have been with for a long long time and we needed a tag. Someone said why don't we just go SP! so the guild is active again.

corran - thanks for posting the sigs. i had all of them saved on my old computer that decided to die suddenly so I lost all of them including my own. it will be nice to have it back.

drew, rico, dave - nice to see you old bastards are still alive, lol. how you guys been?

ScottishHero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Chaps.

You should know who this is.

LOL sugnA.

Just wanted to wish you all a late Merry Christmas and Happy Newyear.

Hope everyone had/is having a good time! Still working at Realtime Worlds myself, going really well! I use UO for a lot of my insperation for creating suggestions and making sure areas are tested properly :)

Anyway - just wanted to say Hello.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good to hear from you and to hear that your job is going well. been up to anything else exciting?

im down to my final semester of classes then i start a year of internships.

T

The Green Thief

What degree are you going for?

I have about a year and a half left for a BS in Electrical Engineering.

F

Fingers of Cats

*shakes head* I am just glad to be done with my Masters in Outdoor Education! I am tired of school... which is funny to say seeings I am a teacher and am in school everyday :)

I'm just on the other side of the assignments and tests!

I had a student whine to me today about a bit of Shakespeare and so I told him I enjoy a bit of Shakespeare now and then and he replied that it's only because I don't have a test on it! What a great student :)

G/l with the internship... I enjoyed mine (got to hang out on a rock wall or a high ropes course all day) for 6 weeks!

Status
Not open for further replies.