• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ranger of the Abyss quest

C

Connor_Graham

I want that cloak.......more SSI.......must have.......

O

omgmir

I'm confused as to where people are getting the items. I buried the crystal and received no reward.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone found a node on atlantic yet, i been running around for hours? im struggling to see if it changes to green being an elf.

Thunderz

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused as to where people are getting the items. I buried the crystal and received no reward.
Bury the crystal then return to Geoffry. He'll let you rummage through his war chest and you are given one random item.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was only able to do it twice. Found two spots near the entrance from the underworld side. Have yet to find any other spots and i did a rather thorough investigation.

O

omgmir

I was only able to do it twice. Found two spots near the entrance from the underworld side. Have yet to find any other spots and i did a rather thorough investigation.
There's only one spot per day as the quest says, so you can only do it twice up till now.

Weird I must not have read the return quest chat when I went back cause I saw nothing about a chest. But it was like 45 minutes past my bed time and I was kind of in hurry. =P

B

BeefSupreme

Took me awhile to find it... Damn, always so hard to find these G-spots...

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's only one spot per day as the quest says, so you can only do it twice up till now.

Weird I must not have read the return quest chat when I went back cause I saw nothing about a chest. But it was like 45 minutes past my bed time and I was kind of in hurry. =P
Well that makes sense then :) thanks for that. Now I can just run all my other characters/accounts through.

Question. You can drop that Lantern and pick it up with other players...is it possible to just give the lantern to another character and skip the initial quest??

i cant perform it right now or I would.

O

omgmir

anyone found a node on atlantic yet, i been running around for hours? im struggling to see if it changes to green being an elf.
The first day location on Atlantic is here: http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2324/day1yd.jpg
I'm at work so I haven't gone to find today's yet. ._.

Notice i'm an elf as well and I found it much easier to just keep the paperdoll open and watch that instead of the light radius. The lantern will turn green if you're in the right spot and that's much easier to see.

Question. You can drop that Lantern and pick it up with other players...is it possible to just give the lantern to another character and skip the initial quest??
I would think that it wouldn't let you use it because you haven't done the quest, but i'm not sure. Like how you can buy the Summon Fey/Fiend scroll for spellweaving but unless you've actually done the quest you can't cast it. Just a thought I haven't actually tested.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
got a 39 intensity item on my 3rd time going for the forth now

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
got a 311 intensity item on 4th try

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Each with a different character, right?

I am going to farm parts now for each of my characters.
i did one on a gargoyle and one on a human yesterday
I did one on gargoyle and one on a human today!

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Official information is going up in a few moments. The quest started yesterday so there are actually 2 nodes that you can find today (you can do the quest once for each node, one node appears per day till the housing plot is revealed.)

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just found the 2nd node for gargys, and got the wing armor version of that cloak!

gargy second node is across the lava straight east of first one, up in the lil alcove

O

omgmir

Just found the 2nd node for gargys, and got the wing armor version of that cloak!

gargy second node is across the lava straight east of first one, up in the lil alcove
The nodes so far are server unique. So you might want to list your server for your information to help anyone.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone found altantics second one yet?

Maybe we should shart a post on atlantic forum.

Thunderz

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Official information is going up in a few moments. The quest started yesterday so there are actually 2 nodes that you can find today (you can do the quest once for each node, one node appears per day till the housing plot is revealed.)
So if there are say for example a total of 6 different nodes this means you can do the quest 6 times per character period (one for each node)?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does the lantern have to be in your hand?

Or can it just be turned on sitting in your pack?

-Galen's player

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
5th and 6th times 292 and 243 intensity item ! not having the best of luck here lol

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bow- Air Elemental Slayer- only property
Relic Fragment

O

omgmir

I certainly hope I can go back and claim my reward for the first day even though i've already accepted the quest for the second day. >.<

C

Cal_Mythic

It would be nice if Cal or someone from the UO team would confirm that there's no point in doing this quest if you don't want to get involved with trying to get a house in the Stygian Abyss. I think he made a comment about two weeks ago asking people who didn't want a house to avoid doing the quest so the people who do want to do it have a better chance of completing it. (http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1652959&postcount=10)

Can anyone confirm yet that the only thing this quest seems to do is somehow put your account into consideration for SA housing? Or is it still too soon after the publish for anyone to have this information? (I'm not planning to do the quest if its only purpose is to qualify for a house in the Abyss. I'm too close to letting the ones I already have fall down.)
Hey, Tina. I have not looked at the bottom of this thread ... but no you don't HAVE to do this quest. And even if you do do it it does not impact the probability of others not being able to win a house. The first part of the quest gets you into the contest .. but you can continue or not. We were very careful to make sure there is both time to participate ... AND this was tested to make sure this is NOT first come first serve.

You can participate just for the items along the way. Also, if you win the house you don't have to accept the plot immediately. It takes actual interaction from the devs to grant the housing plot. The server will send us a notification. So even if you win, if you do not wish to get the deed you have the opportunity to get in touch with us or you can sell the deed to someone else and the dev will unlock the plot for that person.

I hope this answers the question ... Apologies if this is too late ... been a bit busy today .. And yes .. you can RECALL to the house in the Abyss. It is an outpost after all.

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I certainly hope I can go back and claim my reward for the first day even though i've already accepted the quest for the second day. >.<
I'm pretty sure you can. However, Geoffrey and Uskadesh won't remember that they owe you 2 prizes. So, get your first prize before you finish the quest again.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey, Tina. I have not looked at the bottom of this thread ... but no you don't HAVE to do this quest. And even if you do do it it does not impact the probability of others not being able to win a house. The first part of the quest gets you into the contest .. but you can continue or not. We were very careful to make sure there is both time to participate ... AND this was tested to make sure this is NOT first come first serve.

You can participate just for the items along the way. Also, if you win the house you don't have to accept the plot immediately. It takes actual interaction from the devs to grant the housing plot. The server will send us a notification. So even if you win, if you do not wish to get the deed you have the opportunity to get in touch with us or you can sell the deed to someone else and the dev will unlock the plot for that person.

I hope this answers the question ... Apologies if this is too late ... been a bit busy today .. And yes .. you can RECALL to the house in the Abyss. It is an outpost after all.
Thank you, Cal. I don't think I'll be doing the quests that tie into the Abyss Housing. I'm close to just letting my subscriptions run out so I can take a much-needed break from UO for a while. I'm trying to clean up some houses and finish some skills first before I do so to make it easier to come back if that makes sense in the future. Spring is finally here in Colorado and summer's not far behind. I'm starting a new job soon. And those grandkids are growing up and it's a joy to be outside and doing stuff with them, even if it's something as mundane as planting flowers and looking for lady bugs or learning to ride a tricycle or a bike.

B

Bullseye_of_Atl

ok to get the second half of the quest you go to Ukadesh the war minister on the south east of the royal city not far from the gate hi is in the area just outside the main wall in one of the buildings
I can't find this guy to save my life. I checked the tents along the outside wall, and nothing.

C

Cal_Mythic

Thank you, Cal. I don't think I'll be doing the quests that tie into the Abyss Housing. I'm close to just letting my subscriptions run out so I can take a much-needed break from UO for a while. I'm trying to clean up some houses and finish some skills first before I do so to make it easier to come back if that makes sense in the future. Spring is finally here in Colorado and summer's not far behind. I'm starting a new job soon. And those grandkids are growing up and it's a joy to be outside and doing stuff with them, even if it's something as mundane as planting flowers and looking for lady bugs or learning to ride a tricycle or a bike.
You need to put "sweet spoiler alert" on your posts ...

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do you get the Dark Wisp Orb? Went to Wisp dungeon, killed some dark wisps. Nada...

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Where do you get the Dark Wisp Orb? Went to Wisp dungeon, killed some dark wisps. Nada...
On level 2 look for Dark Wisp Guardians who will be protecting a red chest, Kill those, Then open the chest.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to look for dark wisp (guardian). There will be two guarding the chest. Once you kill them, the chest will turn from red to gray and you can double click it. It may take a minute or so for the chest to be accessible.

Jessica Marie

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Cal let me get this strait actually doing the quest completing it each day has No baring whatsoever on actually getting a housing location? Also will the house count as your one house per account?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. how large are housing plots?
2. are they customisable?
3. are we forced to sacrify current house to accept abyss plot?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
1. if its the ones i think they are about 17x17 maybe 18x18
2. I dont see why not but not positive on this one
3. yes if you use the ticket! you can still win and just sell the ticket for the house!and not sacrifice!

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you enter the Abyss? went to Fire Isle, but can only find the mountain sides blocking.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wisp Orb again. Thanks, but is there a trick in getting it? It must be very tough, because I just couldn't pull it off :/

I clicked on the red chest; it says it has magic to beat; I waited until it turns to normal color; clicked it and the chest vanished.

Do I need to cast Unlock?

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have to beat the guardian dark wisps, then when you double click on the chest, the orb should appear in your pack, its black so its hard to see.