• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ranger of the Abyss quest

T

Trevelyan

Is this new today or was it already introduced? If so, how come there is no mention of such a fairly big thing on uo.com?

Quest is available in Brit Castle, for those who dont know, in order to apparently win a house in the abyss:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: aaaa

Is this guy in the castle on siege? I hope not...

B

bjornef

well i guess i can say bbb and time that by 5 and see how this tredd go on

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

It's not whoever finishes first, is it? Please god don't be.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

It's not whoever finishes first, is it? Please god don't be.
Hopefully it will be like the Book of Truth event where after a given time they will draw a name from those who have done the quest...

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh and also, does anyone know where these plots are located?

Y

Yen Sid

It tells me he has nothing for me :(. Where can I start this then?

*Edit- Nevermind, Human/Elf only, im on a garg lol. Holy City is the start for gargs fyi.

O

omgmir

I don't suppose there's a way to turn off elven perma-nightsight is there.. cause it's a pain in the ass to do this with it.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm.

Anyone ever hear of a Dark Wisp Orb?

Galen will of course perform this quest even though he's got no interest whatsoever in a fresh new home in the top layer of Hell. He likes Queen Dawn.

I like the notion of Virtue Nodes....Similar concepts have been seen in RP fiction for years!!!

-Galen's player

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be nice if Cal or someone from the UO team would confirm that there's no point in doing this quest if you don't want to get involved with trying to get a house in the Stygian Abyss. I think he made a comment about two weeks ago asking people who didn't want a house to avoid doing the quest so the people who do want to do it have a better chance of completing it. (http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1652959&postcount=10)

Can anyone confirm yet that the only thing this quest seems to do is somehow put your account into consideration for SA housing? Or is it still too soon after the publish for anyone to have this information? (I'm not planning to do the quest if its only purpose is to qualify for a house in the Abyss. I'm too close to letting the ones I already have fall down.)

O

omgmir

Hmm.

Anyone ever hear of a Dark Wisp Orb?

Galen will of course perform this quest even though he's got no interest whatsoever in a fresh new home in the top layer of Hell. He likes Queen Dawn.

I like the notion of Virtue Nodes....Similar concepts have been seen in RP fiction for years!!!

-Galen's player
Wisp dungeon.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wisp dungeon.
Are you saying the Wisp Dungeon is one such node?

Or that the concept can be traced to the Wisp Dungeon? Perhaps on books found there, or something?

Neat, either way. And either way thank you for making me aware of it.

:)

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dexter is an interesting choice for Royal Mage given that he was last seen as the apprentice of the "Mad Mage" Kronos.

-Galen's player

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It would be nice if Cal or someone from the UO team would confirm that there's no point in doing this quest if you don't want to get involved with trying to get a house in the Stygian Abyss. I think he made a comment about two weeks ago asking people who didn't want a house to avoid doing the quest so the people who do want to do it have a better chance of completing it. (http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1652959&postcount=10)

Can anyone confirm yet that the only thing this quest seems to do is somehow put your account into consideration for SA housing? Or is it still too soon after the publish for anyone to have this information? (I'm not planning to do the quest if its only purpose is to qualify for a house in the Abyss. I'm too close to letting the ones I already have fall down.)
even if you do not want a house you can still get loot from the second stage! where you have to find the nods

O

omgmir

Well i've pretty much been running back and forth across abyss for the last hour and this lamp isn't budging.

As an elf I had to turn my brightness down to 0 and even then the light radius is barely visible. But I believe if you find the right location the lamp will turn green on your paperdoll as well, that's my theory.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
i have been flying around for a long time and nothing

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
your lamp does turn blue in the paper doll also!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
the treasure you get is random the one i got was crapy might give a residue when i unravel it was like 46 intensity

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
ok to get the second half of the quest you go to Ukadesh the war minister on the south east of the royal city not far from the gate hi is in the area just outside the main wall in one of the buildings

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You found it? Where was the spot at Storm?
go into the abyss from tomb of kings its just before the first bridge you com to in that little empty area by the fire ants

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
my theory is each node is going to be in a potential housing spot

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
thats on ls shard but try any spot where houses are going and it will probably be far away from the middle its going to start on the edges and work in is my thery

O

omgmir

thats on ls shard but try any spot where houses are going and it will probably be far away from the middle its going to start on the edges and work in is my thery
The first quest says right in the text there's only going to be two housing spots. One for an elf/human winner, and one for a gargoyle winner. Sorry to burst your bubble but it's pretty clear about that. =P

It's also fairly obvious where they will be too, i've only been going to abyss for a few days and I can already point them both right out.

I guess it was too much to hope for the green spots would be the same on all shards. >.<

Lucivius

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is not the correct spot for LA either. I have been searching every open area possible.

L

Lady Miriel

I found a green spot on Cats but I cannot bury the crystal. Does it have to be in the center of the green spot or anywhere in the area thats green?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well it was blue for me but you cant be flying atleast i could not be

L

Lady Miriel

I still don't understand why i cannot bury this crystal. Can anyone help?

E

Elektra Rose

Been over every inch of the abyss on LA and not found it yet! Did they forget about us on LA and not turn on our quests? Cause thats the conclusion I and a few others have come too!

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THE END OF PART TWO FROM GEOFFERY IS CURRENTLY BROKEN ON GREAT LAKES.

There is an invisible wall from an ancient EM event (first round) keeping everyone away from the center part of the room. You can bury the crystal, talk to Geoffry, but you can't reach the chest for the reward...

FIX!

E

Elektra Rose

I found a green spot on Cats but I cannot bury the crystal. Does it have to be in the center of the green spot or anywhere in the area thats green?

K so I went to the same spot as you on LA and I get the same results!

So now I am really fustrated about this quest!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
it may be one location per day per shard so maybe someone else did it first (just guessing here)

E

Elektra Rose

Well I did find another spot finally after hrs of looking! Reward was disappointing to say the least but my goodness we finally found the green spot ROFL!

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
it does say there will be a new spot each day maybe its a uo day or maybe it was after midnight not sure I know on my human tamer the spot was dead to me sooo... not sure whats up yet

R

rajadeah

Ok I give up how do you get the rare serpent egg? I been running around near Medusa Lair for an hour.

E

Elektra Rose

Yes we found this spot close to the entrance on the underworld side! Good luck to everyone else! I just cant get over how long it took but maybe two spots and once those are claimed there gone for everyone else till next day IDK!

L

Lady Miriel

Right, I think there is two spots the spawn in the Abyss, one for humans and one for Gargs. Apparently, I was camping the one for Gargs... Haha, whoopsie.

rajadeah, you need a snake charming flute. Double click the flute, target the snake, then target the nest.

The nest is an beige ant hill looking thing as you enter the serpents lair.

The snake will search the nest for you. If there is an egg, the nest will collapse and leave behind an egg. If it is not successful, one of two things happen.

1. Nothing
2. The nest will collapse and release a BUNCH of snakes that will aggro on you right off the bat.

Also invis or hide if you can before you use flutes, this way the snakes dont aggro you.

If you have more questions, icq me at 573-540-808. I will not be on till at least 10am central time, because I am going to bed.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well just found the spot for my human figuring it was close to the entrance like the gargoyle one ! the gargoyle got a 48 or so intensity item the human got a 310 intensity so is for sure very random

L

Luke Carjacker

Had a question, don't know if this is considered secret info. How big are the nodes? I mean, should I plan on running over every tile to find one, or maybe within a few tiles, or maybe a screens worth?

Thanks.

L

Luke Carjacker

Had a question, don't know if this is considered secret info. How big are the nodes? I mean, should I plan on running over every tile to find one, or maybe within a few tiles, or maybe a screens worth?

Thanks.
NM, I just figured it out, and I feel super stupid; but maybe I can help someone else. You gotta turn the lantern on... Makes it a lot easier too, not having to keep looking at the paperdoll, lol.