• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ranger of the Abyss quest

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dumb question, I missed the last five days:

do humans have to do the human quest, and vice versa? skimming and didn't see it asked

nm, game gives message stating can't do garg quest as human doh hehe

and for anyone skimmin, garg is in East part of Holy City

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra, the 6 spot for gargoyle is that mining (forge and anvil) area with water and bench near the Slashers home.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go Petra! I was gonna post something similar (though i only have human locations).

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ugh thats lame you cant use same lantern for every char hehe

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't anyone know the precise answer to this?

"This event is divided into two quest lines of three parts each. Each character may do only one quest line. The event begins on April 5th with parts one and two; part three will begin on April 12th. Parts two and three may be repeated daily to give you a new chance to win something rare and glorious. The Stygian Abyss houses can only be won during part three of the series and are rewarded by chance for completing the quest. Each quest line will end separately when someone wins the grand prize. We will be posting the winners of the houses for each shard on the UO Herald each day as they are discovered."

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

If part 3 is the 12th that would (as someone rightly guessed) make it 8 nodes for human & elf and 8 for gargoyles.

C

Caelas

Odd thing...yesterday I started this quest, and planted crystals in three of the nodes (wasn't aware there was more). Today I revisited those nodes and was told I already planted a crystal there. I thought we could do it every day?

M

miss uo

Odd thing...yesterday I started this quest, and planted crystals in three of the nodes (wasn't aware there was more). Today I revisited those nodes and was told I already planted a crystal there. I thought we could do it every day?
There are 6 unique nodes.

C

Caelas

A new node is being revealed every day. Dry your eyes.
I'm sorry, when I read the quest, I interpreted the "daily" wording as being able to plant a crystal in each location each day, not just one extra location each day. I just came back from WoW, so daily meant "You can do this whole quest every day" not "We are adding an extra leg to the quest every day you can do"

And for your attitude, you can take a flying **** at the moon for all I care.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it's like however many nodes x chars I think, right?

I better crank out the snake charming flutes hehe.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, when I read the quest, I interpreted the "daily" wording as being able to plant a crystal in each location each day, not just one extra location each day. I just came back from WoW, so daily meant "You can do this whole quest every day" not "We are adding an extra leg to the quest every day you can do"

And for your attitude, you can take a flying **** at the moon for all I care.
Well you can do the whole quest each day, Just need to go to that days node, If you could do each days node, That would be doing the quest + yesterdays quest, + the day befores... etc.

Big Wang

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got some sweeeet looking wings for gargoyle from the quest.

Title: Warden's Armor Of Augmentation

MODS: Same as the human/elf Ranger's Cloak Of Augmentation

Gargoyles Only
Kinetic Eater 5%
Spell Damage Increase 3%
Lower Mana Cost 1%
Swing Speed Increase 5%
Strength Requirement 10

Also same color as the cloak it looks :)

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last node doesn't turn green, lantern turns normal color (white light, no hue). Quest auto-completes (not burying crystal)

Location.

Attachments

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You kill the dark wisp guardians of the red chest, then wait for ti to turn gray, then open the gray chest. If you are on the quest you get a dark orb. If you are not on the quest then you get nothing when the gray chest goes POOF.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any info on gargoyles version of quests?
To be exact I found the NPC in holy city that starts part 1 but then since I am not really good with the questing and pvm I dont know where to get a "cherry blossom petal" and "Flaming Buds"...

Any help will be great... btw uoguide only listed the quest for human/elf only.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
anyone know where the Britannia Outpost in SA is?

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out the color of your bottle after you go back to Geoffery.

Zayin666

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check out the color of your bottle after you go back to Geoffery.
Ive seen some different colors on the 6 chars I ran thru the human quest.
Are some colors rarer than others?
Are there some other uses for those colored blessed bottles?

B

BeefSupreme

anyone know where the Britannia Outpost in SA is?
little ways down from the silver sapling, to the left. In that big open spot, (gray dirt/gravel) that is just about the right size to fit an 18x18.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wasnt able to play over the weekend... I just finished node 9 as i had the crystal in my pack, but when i went back to geoffery, i got a bottle of ink,

so i dont get to do the nodes for the 10th or 11th? :(

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wasnt able to play over the weekend... I just finished node 9 as i had the crystal in my pack, but when i went back to geoffery, i got a bottle of ink,

so i dont get to do the nodes for the 10th or 11th? :(
Nope. He only gives the quest for part 3 now. Kinda wished they created another NPC to give out part 3 so they didn't have to overwrite the 2nd part.

BTW, remember to open the chest before completing the ink quest.

Due to work over the weekend, I have a bunch of chars that missed all their 7 shots at a cloak.

Good thing I managed to get a few done. Final tally - 3 cloaks and 2 talismans, pretty decent. But I didn't win the house...rats...never did well in lottery...

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, we're in part 3 now.

This one you can do once per day and you can no longer do part 2. This is the part when people will start winning the house deed. At the end of the quest, win or lose, you get an item from the war chest as in part 2.

Good luck!

Mesanna will be putting up the foundation at the spots that you all found on Sunday. It will not affect your ability to finish the quest, it is just to show "progress" of the royal architects... as well as very obviously mark the spot. Don't be surprised when you see the house is currently owned by Mesanna.

If you win, Mesanna will transfer ownership to the house to you (or whoever you sell the winning ticket to). Mesanna will give the winning ticket back to you as a keepsake (after she cancels it, of course).

This house will follow normal rules of house ownership, so you will need to sell your existing house (if you have one) before you receive the prize house.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Will it also be posted to the herald as we have individual shard winners?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there, thank you for the clarifications. And thank you for making the ticket transferable. *chuckles*

A couple of additional items occurred to me.

1. Will some notice be put up on UO.com? If so, will said notice be of the character to whom the house is transferred, or the character who wins the quest, or both?

2. Will there be an actual "Ranger of the Abyss" title anyplace (such as the paper doll or when you mouse over the character)? If so, will the title go for the character who wins the quest, or the character who places, or both?

I promise I won't complain either way, I am just curious.

:)

Thank you. I've enjoyed/am enjoying this event.

-Galen's player

OK, we're in part 3 now.

This one you can do once per day and you can no longer do part 2. This is the part when people will start winning the house deed. At the end of the quest, win or lose, you get an item from the war chest as in part 2.

Good luck!

Mesanna will be putting up the foundation at the spots that you all found on Sunday. It will not affect your ability to finish the quest, it is just to show "progress" of the royal architects... as well as very obviously mark the spot. Don't be surprised when you see the house is currently owned by Mesanna.

If you win, Mesanna will transfer ownership to the house to you (or whoever you sell the winning ticket to). Mesanna will give the winning ticket back to you as a keepsake (after she cancels it, of course).

This house will follow normal rules of house ownership, so you will need to sell your existing house (if you have one) before you receive the prize house.

R

rajadeah

How is the once per day determined, is it every day at server up or is the a 24 hour timer on your toon after you do it each day?

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have an account that you did not play for parts one and two, can you still obtain the lantern and then try for the house spot. Plus have a chance at the item in the chest each day? Will the the event end for that particular shard when some one wins the house spot, or is thier a specified date for all shards as to when this event will end?

Thank you.

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off, and I want this to be very clear... You can start today!

You just need to do Part 1 and then Part 3. I realized that might look a little wierd if you just showed up today and got started, but that's how it works.

As the winners come in, they will be posted on uoherald.com. Basically, the shard will send someone in the studio an email... don't worry, it's not the same person who dropped the ball on announcing the beginning of the event (For what it's worth, it wasn't James, nor Cal, nor Bonnie, nor myself who dropped that ball. Don't ask me who, I don't need to get that worked up again.)

Anyway... the event ends when someone wins. If someone wins while you are in the middle of the quest you can still finish it and get your war chest item.

The name on the herald will be the one that won, regardless if they sell the ticket.

Once per day is at server up.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ehh?? where to store stuff before receiving plot?
Move your stuff after you get the house. Your old house will still be there for plenty long enough to move. Once the transfer is complete your old house will become condemned and begin to decay in the normal fashion.

Y

Yen Sid

Hey there, thank you for the clarifications. And thank you for making the ticket transferable. *chuckles*

A couple of additional items occurred to me.

1. Will some notice be put up on UO.com? If so, will said notice be of the character to whom the house is transferred, or the character who wins the quest, or both?

2. Will there be an actual "Ranger of the Abyss" title anyplace (such as the paper doll or when you mouse over the character)? If so, will the title go for the character who wins the quest, or the character who places, or both?

I promise I won't complain either way, I am just curious.

:)

Thank you. I've enjoyed/am enjoying this event.

-Galen's player
I want the bolded part lol.

Kelline

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
quick question on the house... currently u cant mark & recal INTO the underground, but is that gonna change near the house? or are you gonna have to make a run for it everytime u want to go to ur house?

R

ReaperNI

Alright so i dont read my email at all but if i win i should see fireworks is there any other way that i know if i won or not a message or something? i know your saying on herald but i just use that to check peoples guilding. maybe it will say today is your lucky day?thanks TYR