• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT -Dragon Eggs?

• Thread starter LadyArden
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

LadyArden

Hi Jahira-Tor,
Your dragon seems to be missing, and all the eggs too! (Siggy ones) Thanks for keeping the forums (and U-hall) lively. So many helpful Oce posters over on U.hall, I was beginning to think we had moved threads in order to protest over them overlooking our new forum name. *Grins*

Anyhow, Jahira, get new eggs so I can clicky on them! :) Cheers!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hehe, i had been posting on Uhall a bit too much lately and my eggs got too many views and got sick so i had to hide them all. Lucky they hatched, but are still sick. Im waiting for a responce on the dragon egg forums as to whether they're sick now cos they havnt been clicked on once since hatching, or if its cos they are still overfed from having nearly 5000 clicks. :S

here are all my dragons and eggs so far. :D

Ill list them by breed.

a male and female
Gray dragons are the masters of the skies. They are excellent fliers, and land only to rest and eat. In addition, they have full control of the weather. They are very hot-tempered and easily angered. They will attack any human that bothers them, conjuring strong winds and dangerous lightning.

Purple dragons, however, are one of the only breeds of only female dragons. They eat only plants, and meat during mating season when it is brought to them by their mate. Their bright colors make them easy to spot during dragon mating season, which occurs once every 10 to 20 years and can last up to 2 years.

Mint colored dragons are the most peaceful of all dragons; They eat only plants unless they scavenge meat from an already dead animal. They also have no ways to attack others or defend themselves. They are much smaller than other forms of dragons, since they only double in size when they mature. They cannot use any forms of magic, and cannot fly since they don't have any wings. Their looks have given rise to the common insult of calling dragons "large lizards."

Red dragons are similar to typical story book dragons. They shoot flames, can fly, etc. However, they aren't evil creatures as depicted in myths, and won't go around raiding castles, killing knights, or kidnapping princesses. They live in a variety of habitats, from forests to coastlines to abandoned castles, usually in warm climates, and eat whatever living creatures they can find.

Green dragons are also sometimes called "earth" dragons. They usually live deep within caves, and have power over the earth. They are capable of launching boulders at high speeds, and can cause earthquakes by slamming down into the ground.

Dark green dragons, once they mature, appear to become an entirely different species. However, this isn't true. Rather, they burrow underground and get nutrients from their vines. These vines are sometimes referred to as Dragon Grass. They are very violent, and will use these vines to capture, kill, and eat anything it sees that moves, as well as nearby plants. Luckily, its range is limited, and it can't use magic. Also, they're easy to spot since they kill all plants around them and thus will be surrounded by a large clearing.

Magi dragons are, as their names suggest, primarily magic users. They rarely use physical forms of attack. They eat anything they can kill, which is generally everything. They won't kill unprovoked except when hunting, although they may kill humans if in danger. Their strong magic makes them one of the most feared breeds of dragons.

Stone dragons have a tough outer covering made of a stone-like material. They eat rocks, using the minerals they contain for nourishment and to keep up their stone outer shell. They rarely move, and are the heaviest of all types of dragons. Although they have wings, indicating flight ability, no one has ever seen a stone dragon flying.

Pink dragons, however, are one of the only breeds of only female dragons. They eat only plants, and meat during mating season when it is brought to them by their mate. Their bright colors make them easy to spot during dragon mating season, which occurs once every 10 to 20 years and can last up to 2 years.

When a serpentine water dragon matures, it loses almost all use of its legs as well as its ability to survive on land and enters the water permanently. They are adept swimmers and eat whatever fish are in the lake they live in. They usually stay in the same lake their entire life, although a few live in the ocean and swim across the world.

Paper dragons are not truly living creatures. They are pieces of parchment enchanted by magic. However, they behave almost like dragons. The only place where their behavior differs is breeding. Paper dragons cannot breed, and are very susceptible to fire.

White dragons are pacifists, and specialize in extremely strong healing magic. The only limit of this magic is that it can't bring back the dead. They only eat plants, and never kill living things.

Black dragons are warriors. They are strong and capable in battles of force, but also ample magic users, capable of devastating opponents with their spells. Their bright eyes give them excellent night vision, and are one of the main ways to distinguish a black dragon from an evil dragon, which is a dragon turned evil by magic.

Two headed dragons are a special breed of dragons. They have two necks, two brains, two mouths, but one stomach and one main body. The two heads work usually together, but there are times when they will fight each other, attacking back and forth. They use their sharp teeth and wings to hunt large animals, and rarely eat plants. It is unknown what would happen if a two headed dragon were to mate with a one headed dragon, since it has never occurred. They only mate within their breed.

Finally, after much feeding, your baby has grown into a full Dino! Dinos can eat almost anything, including things with spikes. In order to do so, they must have very tough stomachs. Green Dinos are the only type of Dino that is able to walk on two legs. This frees up their front two legs, which they use to catch and eat fish.

Skywing dragons spend most of their lives flying in the air. They hunt from the air, diving at prey from above, and land only to rest. They are one of the fastest fliers, capable of extremely high speeds. The webbing at the end of the tail acts as a rudder, allowing them to easily change direction during flight.

Im still missing quite a few. Gold and Silvers are very rare and hard to get, and even rarer are dino's. Havnt got a black yet and they're also seasonal ones like Christmas dragons, undead dragons, sick dragons etc etc.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry my hatchlings and eggs are victim to somone trying to kill them. I need to keep them hidden for a bit.

L

LadyArden

Cute hatchling and dragons! Sorry the hatchlings and eggs are getting petted/fed too much. :( Can't wait to see when they all hatch.

Hrm, the red one... Jabberwock? Smaug? There are heaps of good names for a cute little red like him!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive written down those names :D Im not very good at coming up with original names. Love em.

You should get some eggs yourself. Its addictive once you start. :D Ive had two eggs die due to overfeeding as i was recently told that even when somone just see's your sig its a view. So posting on Uhall wasnt the brightest idea. :(
It works out ok if i get lots of clicks on them, but to hatch them its a ratio thing. If i get so many more 'views' then 'clicks' they get sick :(

Its all good though. Just click on a dragon/egg and click on 'get your own' to start up. But you do need a non hotmail email adress. For some reason the 'authenticate account' emails dont work sending to hotmail. Had to start up a yahoo email just for it. Not that ill ever use it again, ive got my draggy account now. Its all free and good fun. They have forums for any/all questions you need to ask.

L

LadyArden

Do you know how hard it is to get an egg from that site? Sheesh there's a lot of dragon egg thieves out there! LOL

I finally got one. I'll try to avoid leaving him on Uhall tho, like you suggested. :)
Cheers, guildy!

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My hatchlings finaly got healthy again. Id welcome anyone to click on em, speshally if you havnt yet before, as i need more 'unique views' on them :D Please. :sad4:

Ill give you all a big hug if you do :D :hug:

L

LadyArden

I've got 4 eggs now! *dusts the dragon soot off my tunic* It was a close escape, but 4 of my own.. now hatch you! *shakes finsger at eggs* and pets eggs... please?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dont stress too much about eggs dieing at first. Ive had 4 eggs die in total now, and im just starting to get the hang of what is a good amount of views etc.
A few tips. When you first steal the egg, keep it 'hidden' in the actions menu for the first 24 hours. Just like children as such they are very sensative at first. It wont hurt them to have 0 views/clicks for 24 hours, however it will hurt them to have 500 views in the first 24 hours. ]
Next, an egg can hatch at any time from 3.5 days left. Idealy at this point you want around 1000 views, around 100 unique views and around 20 clicks for them to hatch happily. If they start getting over that by too much and still have say, over a day to hatch, hide them or they will get 'soft shelled' and die.
Ive been pointed to some forums called "Gaia". When i get home ill post a link to the guilds page on Gaia where you can join up. They have this thing called the 'Dragon Sanctuary' where you post the cose to your egg/hatchling and everyone in the guild will make sure it keeps healthy and hatches in optimum time. They also have standard forums for all your questions, and even give you tips on getting those rare eggs (paper, gold, silver, dino and chicken).

The incubator site is a joke. Total idiots running that. So dont listen to anything writen there. Also you will find minimal help on the official Dragcave forums that you can enter from your scroll. I first posted on there with my first batch of eggs asking what color egg makes what dragon. I got totaly blasted saying "i was out of spirit with it all, and that i should enjoy the wait and surprize of seeing what will hatch" My post then got locked and soon after deleted, since then ive been shunned. I thaught it was an innocent enough of a question. :S

So yeah, ill post a link when i get home.

L

LadyArden

Thanks Jah -I was feeling a little dispirited when two eggs died today ( I wasn't online one day and they died). :( I'll go hide my other new eggs for now as you recommended.
I'm really bummed my little red egg died -I couldn't wait to see it hatch especially.

I also clicked on the forum titled "Which egg gives which color" and read that it's not allowed to ask -tho it was my first question too! I haven't signed on any forums there tho. LOL -lucky I didn't I guess.

Thanks for the link, I hope 1 makes it! :) Cheers! *blows fog around 2 new eggs*

L

LadyArden

I joined up on Gaia, thanks for that, I think I'm going to need their help with my new little white egg. I rescued it from the cave entrance, but it's shell is soft. I hid it for a day, but still soft... :(

You got a paper egg Jah! How very exciting!
New eggs for me too:

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All yours are healthy again now, so your doing the right thing. Ill find you on Gaia and figure out how to add you as a friend. Its a complicated site. Huge, you can do tons of fun stuff.

I cant belive i got a paper. Most people arnt lucky enough to get one for months. Aparently they're hard to get to adulthood sucsessfully. Ill have to check him often.

Whats your Gaia name? Ill presume its Lady Arden and have a search, let me know if its somthing diff.

F

Fink

Sort-of related OT note...

Spore

You grow an amoeba all the way up the evolutionary scale to the point of space colonisation, pretty nifty. Developmental decisions you make along the way influence and reverberate through following generations. On June 17th they're releasing the 'creature creator' tool, a small taste of the critter stage of development. (the CC tool was actually leaked onto the net earlier than expected, I've been playing with it, some of my stuff here).

It's "massively single player", you grow your species and civilisation and upload them so that others may put them into their own universe.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey that sounds cool, ill have to wait till i get home tonight to have a look cos i work at a school i cant see anything when i click on your links. :( I shouyld be happy that i can come here. lolz.

F

Fink

Hey that sounds cool, ill have to wait till i get home tonight to have a look cos i work at a school i cant see anything when i click on your links. :( I shouyld be happy that i can come here. lolz.
Don't get too excited, it's being distributed by EA Games meaning, although it's supposedly world-wide released now, it's not available in Australia even though it's digital delivery! Go figure! But don't feel too bad, although it's all over the UK you can't even buy it in the USA. Only the demo's available to most people.

Typical EA stuff-up!:gun:

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't get too excited, it's being distributed by EA Games .
Well now im not interested at all. I promised myself never to get involved with EA again. Ill stick to that. Too stressfull.:gee:

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bump! Updated all the draggies. Come click on my hatchlings and eggs to make them grow into happy liddle dwaggies! Pwease!

M

Misminer

I had to double check to make sure i was on the UO forum. When did dragons start laying eggs? and can we hatch them or rasie the dragons? I know tha tthis is done on 6 feet under. But when did it start here? thanks

F

Fink

I had to double check to make sure i was on the UO forum. When did dragons start laying eggs? and can we hatch them or rasie the dragons? I know tha tthis is done on 6 feet under. But when did it start here? thanks
They're widgets you put on your website or forum signature, not in-game dragon eggs, sadly. Would be interesting if there was some element of raising dragons and other critters in UO, instead of merely taming an adult creature and grinding up its skills.

L

LadyArden

They're widgets you put on your website or forum signature, not in-game dragon eggs, sadly. Would be interesting if there was some element of raising dragons and other critters in UO, instead of merely taming an adult creature and grinding up its skills.
Aye, how much fun would it be to steal eggs from a greater dragon nest of gold? And there could be some uses for cooking its food too to help it grow with max stats.. or even just random stats so you have to keep at it until you get a great one.

Yeah, these dragon eggs are not from UO sadly (hence to OT, or off topic, in the title) They have swamped the forums here a bit in the last, hrm, month or so? It's calmed down some since the site was offline for a few days. People lost a bit of their addiction to it I think.

I've just gotten my first 2-colored one and I've *seen* a silver one and a paper one, but alas, by the time the page loaded for me they were already clicked and gone from the nest. It's an odd little site- there aren't always eggs there to raise so you have to keep going by and checking.

K

Katlene

jah seriously check out spore, yeah its ea games but will wright is behind this one the god of being god :D hes the guy behind the sims it is SOOOOOOOOO cool!

F

Fink

jah seriously check out spore, yeah its ea games but will wright is behind this one the god of being god :D hes the guy behind the sims it is SOOOOOOOOO cool!
Full version of the Creature Creator tool is out now, can get in from NZ distributors as a download, a shade under $15. Well worth it, you get a rebate on that when you purchase the full game due out in September.

K

Katlene

*nods* So much fun :D Z-monster has been having a ball making critters some of hers put me n hubs to shame haha. I can see soem drama occuring though with people making creatures that look like something else. Theres been alot of game chars coming out but meh fun fun fun!!!
Ive been told im getting the full game for my birthday but i reakon it'll be hard to get a go in this house

M

Misminer

That is to bad. Beibg able to raise and train your own dragon would be so much fun. Uo might want to consider such a thing for the game. It would help there sales and game intrest. So sad.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA arnt interested in making the gamew more fun, they're interested in milking us.

BTW everyone, stop hijacking my dwaggy thred. lolz, get draggies!

B

Blowsight

Hi, I'm really new to this and jux had 4 new hatchlings along with 3 new eggs. Plz help by clicking on my dragon's eggs and hatchlings!! I really need more unique views or else I think my hatchlings might get sick. :please: Here is the link to my scroll: http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/64235

Thanx everyone!! :grouphug:

B

Blowsight

Hey guyz! I got more eggs and 4 of my hatchlings are adult now, so I still ahve 3 more hatchlings to go!! So plz help me click on my new ones and the ones you havent seen. :please: Here is my scroll again and my dragons:

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/64235

Dragon's Eggs

Dragon's Hatchlings

Adult Dragons

P.S. It seems like one of my egg is sick, so plz help me on them too. I think it is the one with a split color. :thumbup1::thumbup:

F

Fink

What you meant by double-yolk? At first, It said my egg was sick and stuff but now its bac kto healthy but thanx though ;)
Oh, those weird eggs you get once in a while. You crack them open and there's two googley yellow eyes peering back at you. Hmm, kinda sounds like the day I was born..

B

Blowsight

Oh, those weird eggs you get once in a while. You crack them open and there's two googley yellow eyes peering back at you. Hmm, kinda sounds like the day I was born..
Lol, doesnt that sound the some for everyone when they were born :p

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a friend who worked in the Steggles factory in Ballarat, cos of the hormones pumped into the chooks nearly all the eggs layed were double yolkers.
She used to get the eggs and freak kids out with em. Ofcourse they were almost poisonos to eat...

Anyone who eats chicken from Ingam or Steggles should be socialy cleansed. IE put down.

K

Katlene

jah your wrong, my brother grows chickens for steggles & everything is above board.
double yolkers happen all the time, used to get it in chooks in my back yard, its just a split embryo like what humans have when theres twins.

B

Blowsight

Yea, I ate double yolks egg before and I'm perfectly health. No food poisoning or any illness.

K

Katlene

yep just double the protein, theres double yolks in every species of eggs :)

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasnt saying that there was anything wrong with double yolkers. Just that because of the hormones given to the chooks they have more then healthy. Also, yes i wont agrue that steggles and ingams dont break any laws and are therefore above board as you say, but Australia and Victoria more specifically have the most leanient laws reguarding chicken and pork batteries. Its disgusting. I have personaly been on Worksafe inspections of 7 different batteries around Victoria and 1 in SA, and all made me weak at the knees. Two of them were steggles, I know exactly what our government allows.

This is one farm in Victoria

This is an Inghams farm near Perth, removing the beak so the 1 week old chicken cant pick its own feathers out, or the ones crammed in its battery.

This Utuble movie (Unfortunatly with Pamela Anderson makes it hard to take seriously) This is made with US, Australian and UK footage from Steggles and Ingams for the Australian farms. None other as thats the only two suppliers of chicken for KFC in Auz.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ8iL3sx60M

Im sorry Kat but no matter what you say, or your brother, just because our discusting laws allow it, doesnt mean it should happen.

K

Katlene

my bro grows the chooks to eat, there is NOTHING wrong with what goes on in the sheds, they are massive sheds, ( eek OMG a shed? better then having birds of prey swoop in and mutilate them ) the chooks have room to run around they are fed on scheduals they are caught at night time because they are less likely to spook.
an alarm goes off in my brothers house if the temperature gets to high or low and not the perfect comfyness for the animals and thats no lie, nearly 3am once when i was staying with him the alarm went off out side my bedroom door because it was 5 degrees to warm.
This is in QLD.
My Uncle in law runs a chook farm in Vic. everythings the same for his.

I dunno what screwed up farms those people have but just because there are a few bad ones doesnt mean they are all like that.

And since kfc have had to use chicken only the taste & quality has certainly improved ive never been keen on rabbit.

peta should go fart on their hands, they are so backwards and have no clue what they are on about 90% of the time and are just making things worse. It doesnt help them having a sheep skin boot wearing spokesperson either.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not going toget into this here as it doesnt support anyones cause. Perhaps next year while im traveling with EarthWatch institue ill send some pics back thi9s way for you. As the Austrlian Poultry and Pork industries are what we'll be aiming at.
Tell your bro hed better have his farm ship shape before the new year starts. No symphathy to somones lost job, or fines or jail time for this.

*Rubs hand together with anticipation*

Oh and cos i got in EarthWatch with this, im garuneed a place in WWF. So ill be traveling round the world fixing this crap and putting people in jail. Woo!

K

Katlene

like i keep telling you theres nothing bad going on at the farm, if anything the chooks are spoilt, that is till they get killed so we can eat them :D
its not all that bad out there. just pisses me off no end how all the bad stuff gets focused on but never the good.

B

Blowsight

Hey guyz! I got more 3 eggs and 3 of my 4 hatchlings are adult now, so I still have 1 more hatchling to go!! So plz help me click on my new ones and the ones you havent seen. :please:

Here is my scroll again and my dragons:

Dragon's Eggs

Dragon's Hatchlings

Adult Dragons

Thanx guyz!! :D:thumbup:

B

Blowsight

OMG!! I juz got a red dino egg!! I'm soo happy!! :lol: I've been trying forever to get one and I finally did!! :danceb: So plz help me by clicking on it!! :please: Thank you guyz!!

Here is my scroll again and my other dragon's eggs:

Dragon's Eggs

B

Blowsight

Hi guyz, srry to bother again but a friend of mine is asking for help. So far all his hatchlings died except for one which he freeze. Now he is starting with 4 new ones, so plz help him! A total of 7 of his hatchlings died :cry: so here is his scroll and eggs:

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/62246

Dragon's Eggs

So plz help him!! It's really sad to watch all his hatchlings died when they were mature and almost to adulthood. :( :please:

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes paper is one of the rarer eggs, even rarer is your new dino! Congrats. Only downside is that neither can breed, but oh well.

On your friends scroll i cant see the dead draggies so the last must have died over 2 weeks ago. Tell your friend to stop freezing them as you cant unfreeze them and your stuck with them like that forever and wont be able to do anything with them.

A few tips to sucsessfully grow a draggy to adulthood...

Your new egg is very fragile for its first day. When you first steal your egg, hide it immidiatly for one day. Dont worry about getting no clicks, youll get them later.

An egg/hatchling with not enough clicks will never get sick, it simply will not grow up. If it doesnt get enough before the time runs out it will simply die with no warning. However if you egg becomes soft it is always because it has too many or an uneven amount of views.
For an egg to hatch you want around 200 views, 60 unique views and around 20 clicks. For a hatchling to grow to adulthood you want approx double that. If you get way too many views and not enough clicks your egg/hatchlings can become ill. For eg, you dont want 2000 views with only 10 clicks.

Remember, a sick egg/hatchlings will still grow up, its only if the problem gets worse will it die. A egg cant hatch untill it has 3.5 days left, the same for hatchling to adult. If your egg becomes soft or your hatchling becomes sick, i suggest hiding it right up untill its got 3.5 days left before you reveal it.

Good luck.

Remember the dragcave forums are a great source of info.