• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania PVP Thread - Episode 21 - Pot & Kettle

P

Paradox_

I would love to see a picture of Elwood and his 'girl friend'

I bet its a massive whale, who has a vagina, or some sort of orrifice that resembles one, to be classified as female.

I

iddqd

just checked my ping to sakura, its at 120-125 so ill be seeing you guys on sakura. just got a newish pc so i should be up and going in a few weeks

B

Benny Lava

im tipping you will either quit uo or come back to oceania within 3 weeks.
:pint:

E

Elwood

The reason I play a game is to have fun when I'm bored at home
Which is about 90% of your spare time. It's ok, you don't need to justify it to me.

I don't care what some 32 year old nerd thinks about me.
Once again, yes you do or you wouldn't respond.

Actually, I'm 17. The only thing I'm looking forward to when I'm 18 is clubs
Nice... way to aim high kid

Also you say you don't know them enough to hate them, yet you know me enough to judge my personality and assume I can't "get" a girl?
Correct. I could tell that after listening to you for the first time in vent. Not bad huh?

Oh and by the way, pretty much only ugly or lonely people think personality actually matters for something,
Actually no, pretty much only deprived teenage nerds who can't get sex think that. Ask anyone here who has a girlfriend (ie someone you spend a lot of time with) and they will tell you that personality matters a lot. The attraction will only last so long if the other person is an idiot. I don't expect you to understand that though.

I don't care how they act.
Of course you don't. You're a 17 year old virgin, you would hump a vacuum cleaner if you could get away with it. Come to think of it you probably already have.

B

Benny Lava

lol ****ing owned.

wow sso got absolutley pumped tonight. they had to call in oceania to help them & still got owned.

lol

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which is about 90% of your spare time. It's ok, you don't need to justify it to me.
I stopped gaming at 16 and I'm rarely home on the weekends. You stopped gaming at age 32. Who is sadder?

Actually no, pretty much only deprived teenage nerds who can't get sex think that. Ask anyone here who has a girlfriend (ie someone you spend a lot of time with) and they will tell you that personality matters a lot. The attraction will only last so long if the other person is an idiot. I don't expect you to understand that though.
I have a girlfriend but I don't see why its necessary to try and enter a **** measuring contest over it on a forum. I find the it unbelievably stupid that you are arguing with a 17 year old over girls on a forum when your 32 years of age. Your life must be pretty bad.

P

Paradox_

Pet let him brag... its not often he gets a girlfriend - or something that resembles a girl. He did this last time remember? When he was in Europe?

Nice... way to aim high kid
Curious... what did you aim for when you were 17, and did you reach it? My guess being 'Chief Donation Collector' for some rundown Aboriginal petrol sniffing pack raping 'football' club is what you aimed for isn't it? What is sadder, you telling him he cant aim high when he is only 17 - or you failing to get anywhere in your life and you are nearly double his age?

Oh but I forgot, you played rugby, and now have a girlfriend. Life is a success eh?

I

iddqd

sorry benny, i understand your command of english isnt the best, so i understand you might find losing the spawn and having to hide in the faction area to be a victory for your boys.

lol the rons had me on their side, i was so bad i was basically on your side also.

absolutely useless. have to get some duels and get in shape.

B

Benny Lava

english good

started spawn to 'create pvp' as you guys would say. u came and got whooped.

P

Paradox_

How many did AUPK have and how many did SSO have?

I rest my case.

I

iddqd

actually it was 8 v 3 - though one of the 3 was me, so really it was 8.5 v 2, because basically i was more of a hindrance than anything. they lost the spawn, then had to run through trolls, then back, then through the destard teleporter, then hide in faction area. then we went back to kill the champ, they appeared for three seconds, pwned me, and left - never to return.

so much for 'creating pvp' - you fought only when it was basically 4-1 odds, when two others joined us, making it 8 v 5 (though really only 4, as i logged in with my spawnbot, so was merely uselesss instead of actually a hindrance) the fight was over.

it seems pvp revolves around apples now. they need to nerf them, remopve the change where you cant prep spec attacks while casting and it'd be fine.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
actually it was 8 v 3 - though one of the 3 was me, so really it was 8.5 v 2, because basically i was more of a hindrance than anything. they lost the spawn, then had to run through trolls, then back, then through the destard teleporter, then hide in faction area. then we went back to kill the champ, they appeared for three seconds, pwned me, and left - never to return.

so much for 'creating pvp' - you fought only when it was basically 4-1 odds, when two others joined us, making it 8 v 5 (though really only 4, as i logged in with my spawnbot, so was merely uselesss instead of actually a hindrance) the fight was over.

it seems pvp revolves around apples now. they need to nerf them, remopve the change where you cant prep spec attacks while casting and it'd be fine.
Name the 8.

B

Benny Lava

2 rons, drac, dal & ash with reximus and hairyman

so thats hmmm..... 7 of you?

I

iddqd

dismountings not so much an issue for me, yeah sure its pretty powerful, but you can do things to survive. there doesnt seem to be much you can do about someone constantly and instantly removing any curses without using any mana or anything at all, with no repercussions. simply, apples should be able to be eaten once every 2-3 minutes.

i mean we used to survive just fine vs necros, nox necros etc using just pots, and if you were particularly worried, dropping some chiv into the template or going human and making use of JOAT. why do we need an item that pretty much completely negates an entire magic system, as well as one of the more important spells for mage combat - curse?

trammy dev teams are the worst.

I

iddqd

by the way, the current accepted definition of 'generating pvp' is seeing an acceptably large number of opponents online and about, and sitting at luna (or wbb as was the case sometimes) and GATING people to the entrance, telling them a spawn or harrower is on.

I

iddqd

though in your defence, there arent an 'acceptably large' number of sso anymore.

I

iddqd

a gank is a gank, dismount or no. dismounts are not so much of a problem for me, as a good player can not only escape the trap, but can in certain circumstances turn it into an advantage, by pulling out a club and dismounting in return. sure its a very harsh thing in a lot of circumstances, but smart and skilful play can overcome it in an acceptable % of situations.

stuff like apples, evasion spam are just dull, as theyre completely passive and completely immune from any tactical or strategical counter.

objectively i dont blame people for abusing them, the devs should really be better than to allow something like this, but its not like theyve ever gotten much right in the past. (imbuing looks good though, they get crafting right lol)

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AUPK:

1. Toxen
2. Dragod
3. Benny's archer
4. Clog's archer
5. Archie - dismounter
6. Reaper
7. Venus
8. Mighty Mouse (logged half way through when stated - assume its Skinny G)

Drac was there for about 2 minutes, he was 200 ping. He came, died, then gave up as he was so lagged. ASH was there for around 10 minutes, he got dismount ganked and never came back until destard (see below).

Most of the time it was Dal, and Ron x2 vs your 7.

Rex and Hairy were minax, and helped us mainly towards the end. They were in stat helping us. That makes it 3 + 2 statlossed minax (so 5) vs your 7 (8 at beginning) who could all x heal/communicate in vent.

Most of your kills were all dismount ganked related - no surpsise.

Then Reaper and Archie logged out. You all either died or ran off to destard. At destard it was 5 vs 5 and you all ran into the faction base and hid in their because most of us couldn't get in. Ash came on his factioner, where you ganked him in the faction base 5vs1. Utterly cowardly actions on your half. You all ran off and in of the faction base for about 5 minutes. During that time you managed to kill Rex who was in stat, but Dragod died twice doing so. You then all logged because you lost your number advantage/dismounter.

Reverse the situation, you wouldn't have even showed.

Last night: 95% of your kills were a result of 2 dismounters (1 a lame bok tamer). I got sick to death of it so I got my tamer and owned your dismount tamer to even it up. I logged out and got my red mage. You all refused to fight after that despite having an extra number. You guys can rarely kill **** without dismounting.

I don't think anyone on Oceania would suddenly believe you guys got skills. Your all just woeful dismount gankers, no better than KoV ever was.

Dal - apples. Yes, as I previously said it's lame, espicially when some players carry 30-50. People like Venus and Benny are near impossible to kill due to it, they won't even attempt to fight if cursed. Need to change our templates to counter it really, I may do so as I'm sick to death of their running/dismounting tactics. However I need imbueing before I can make my desired template.
No Mighty mouse is my wreslte mage. so still 7v7

I

iddqd

in all honesty, it was mostly 3-4 sso (though of that 4 1 was me, and i am currently worse than useless, so i really do NOT count in any numbers at the moment). the two archers were there for a little, and were not at the faction base where 5 of you hid from rons, ash and myself.

for the first (and only part where i could see you guys actually trying to fight) part of the fight, which lasted the longest, it was those characters of yours listed, vs rons and myself - though i was alone for much of that, and not the slightest threat to anyone.

R

Reximus

I looted 70 apples between 2 OPK corpses during the brief time I was there, 70 apples!?!?

I

iddqd

rex, ALL those are from the corpses of the other guys. i myself would have had something like 25 of them on my corpse, and i dont have any apples whatsoever in my castle or bank or anywhere.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought bow were one of the best on the shard?

Explain how tonight me and sneaky put 3 of their chars into stat?

Hairy Man
Grezelda
Hairless One

If they were so good, why did they die to the apparent ****test on the shard?

Attachments

R

Reximus

LOL!!!

Hairys excuse was someone hacked his computer and took over his keys!!

OMFGLOL!!!
Hairy was telling me that he saw 2 OPK duelling the other day, and the guy who lost, despite the fact he was gonna die anyway, came back and said 'I only died because I got DC', so I told hairy 'think up an OPK-like excuse'....

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because he has the balls to run out of the house into a 3vs1 with a discord bard etc, half of your guild won't even leave their house 1vs1.
That is just sheer stupidity.

And have you ever seen me house hide 1v1? Probably not.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hairy was telling me that he saw 2 OPK duelling the other day, and the guy who lost, despite the fact he was gonna die anyway, came back and said 'I only died because I got DC', so I told hairy 'think up an OPK-like excuse'....
How do you know that character was gunna die?

And... still... he woulda died anyway if he didnt DC he was mortaled with approx 30 hp left and a AI and flamestrike coming his way.

Also, i love your first instinct at the start of that fight... Dismount someone....

E

Eclipse_TAFE

I have to agree with, who i assume, are SSO on these boards. 99% of this shard cannot PVP. The only people who have beaten us in a fair fight(without the use of gimplates) are SSO.

Also what is it with everyone naming every character in the guild the same? Ive counted atleast 4 different Helds, and 2 toilet hands(who i assume are only doing it to try and counter the others).

Also. How many apples does this shard use?

I

iddqd

apples need a serious fixing. a cooldown of 2-5 minutes per apple would be excellent, and 30 seconds per 'remove curse' spell would be sufficient.

running has always been a major part of UO pvp, apples make it impossible, and COMPLETELY negate necromancy as a pvp option.

plus trap boxes are a joke. how long has it been and still no acceptable fix.

I

iddqd

well, actually no coolddown on the spell is fine - you can fizzle it, and it takes a fair bit of mana (maybe an increase on mana cost would be good)

E

Eclipse_TAFE

apples need a serious fixing. a cooldown of 2-5 minutes per apple would be excellent, and 30 seconds per 'remove curse' spell would be sufficient.

running has always been a major part of UO pvp, apples make it impossible, and COMPLETELY negate necromancy as a pvp option.

plus trap boxes are a joke. how long has it been and still no acceptable fix.
/Signed.

When the only 2 members in our guild both run necro mages, it makes it impossible for us to really use the template to the full ability.

Trap boxes should deal the same amount of damage whether they were crafted with 60 tinkering or GM tinkering, just make it so that you can only add different traps with higher skill. IE. 60 tinkering allows you to add the dart trap, where 70 would let you add dart trap, and explosion trap.

E

Eclipse_TAFE

well, actually no coolddown on the spell is fine - you can fizzle it, and it takes a fair bit of mana (maybe an increase on mana cost would be good)
Yeah the spell i dont have a problem with, if they can manage to get it off all the time, they deserve to stay curse free.

But also, remove curse, whether it be item or spell, should not remove every single curse at once. Maybe the first curse, or last, or even add a roll in there to remove it randomly

I

iddqd

well, necro mage has always been fairly weak, a necro dexer however was once a really useful template for pvp (its still great for spawning), but now its utterly redundant.

outside that, the 'curse' spell is necessary for pvp for mages - the resistances and the way damage works REQUIRE you curse people - that was always a key indicator for who was pro or noob. if they didnt put curse on you, you knew you could ignore them.

basically, theres no now point to using anything but a totally scriptable archer using bandies, apples, pots and trap box (so 0 resist, meaning more room for other skills).

weeeeeee, i can pvp with 4 buttons, just like WoW! wait, why am i playing this piece of crap old game, when i can do the exact same thing, but better, on WoW? hmm, guess i'd better go back to that piece of crap, seeing as how theyve reduced this one to trying be 'compete' (LOL) with it.

E

Eclipse_TAFE

Does this shard do anything but rely on apples? my god? what has pvp come too?

Oh. and dismount

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah the spell i dont have a problem with, if they can manage to get it off all the time, they deserve to stay curse free.
I agree, but I think they need to balance Chiv in a big way. It needs to be more reliant on skill rather than karma. You should need GM Chiv or better to have a 100% success chance for remove curse. Not that it would make much of a difference while there are apples, they should be removed completely.

But also, remove curse, whether it be item or spell, should not remove every single curse at once. Maybe the first curse, or last, or even add a roll in there to remove it randomly
I like this. It should remove 1 random curse.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only people who have beaten us in a fair fight(without the use of gimplates) are SSO.
Buddy I think you are forgetting how I dropped you in about 10secs not too long ago on my scribe. Or maybe you don't consider 1v1 as a fair fight? ^_-