• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania PVP Thread - Episode 21 - Pot & Kettle

O

Ovrkill

:yell:
The Moderators have agreed to allow this a PvP Thread to be stickied so it can serve as the home for PvP talk on this board. Contrary to what many believe, we both understand that PvP is an important part of UO and we're willing to work with you guys as long as you are willing to work with us.

We will allow smack talk, more so than normal threads that would likely have been locked on the forum however, please do not get carried away with it.

Now, this thread is aimed to give the 'PvPers' who wish to discuss PvP topics and smack talk a place to do so.

Real Life Personal Attacks will not be tolerated anywhere

Examples on the difference between Personal Attacks and Game Smack Talk:

* Personal Attacks: Personal insults to get them annoyed and provoking them to attack you, such as "You're a fat housey."
* Game Smack Talk: Smack talk is putting ones opinions out as to how bad they are and how they cannot pvp or duel; such as "Your shocking on a mage so you can only play overpowered templates."

Please note:​
This is your place to talk about PvP. Any other threads started outside of this one will be Moderated as harshly as all other threads. Best thing is to keep all PvP talk in here.

* Understand the difference between this thread and normal threads. Just cause you can talk smack in here, doesn't mean you can go to normal threads and do the same to non-PvPers there.

Why does Stratics not allow people to post those Cheating Players?

The reasoning is very simple. In today's technological age, just about any screen shot, chat log, etc. can be faked quite easily. We are not a Court of Law. To accuse someone of cheating is an allegation that can only be proven in a Court of Law.

If we were to allow such allegations, we would be opening the door to allow unscrupulous people to falsely accuse good players. It is our wish to protect innocent players from getting their reputations tarnished by such accusations. In Ultima Online, player names are not unique. So if I were to say, "Orvago is a duper!" I may be unintentionally ruining the reputation of another player with the same name. So, because of this we must disallow ALL accusations, whether you know them to be true or not.

So please refrain from making accusations of scamming, hacking, cheating, exploiting, and the like.

And lastly: If you can't handle the smack talk, don't come into this thread.

and just so you all know....

BE VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU POST IN HERE. i WONT TOLERATE ANY INSULTS THAT TAKE IT TOO FAR, NO TALKING ABOUT CHEATING, AND NO RL SLANDER.

GOT IT ?!?!?!?!?!​

S

siyeng0

Thank you, Ovrkill.

Now I, for one, am withdrawing from this thread because it is not my place and I have no business here; I would appreciate it if my fellow trammies would be courteous enough to do likewise.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you, Ovrkill.

Now I, for one, am withdrawing from this thread because it is not my place and I have no business here; I would appreciate it if my fellow trammies would be courteous enough to do likewise.
rolleyes:rolleyes:

F

five oclock

Since I do play both in tram and in fel..I do have a question...

For a fighter..whats the best skills to use? Mostly I have played a mage...always been curious on different ideas/thoughts on how to do a Fighter...maybe a macer for that matter?

E

Elwood

Pet I actually haven't kept much (didn't see the point) but here are two that I found real quick -

Both rons owned in under 30 seconds with a dexxer and an archer. Now you cannot see the kill shot so it may not have been us that actually killed them right? Or we may have had other people off screen that helped right? That's my point, screenshots don't really prove **** other than what is happening on your screen in that split second. I don't need to prove these two though because the rons admitted it. Now how did a dexxer and an archer killed the two best field mages on the shard (who could pot, apple and x heal each other). Well they claimed lag... LOL. It was the same when clog and I killed cookie and morri 2v2 at deceit entrance. As a matter of fact when I was in a guild with you, you used to claim lag when you would die 1v1 to sneaky or dragod.
Funny that...

By all means ask some of the other AUPK members, i'm sure they have some screenies

E

Elwood

For a fighter..whats the best skills to use? Mostly I have played a mage...always been curious on different ideas/thoughts on how to do a Fighter...maybe a macer for that matter?
Item identification is a must, oh, and cooking and camping can come in very handy.

F

Fink

Thank you, Ovrkill.

I'll supply the wands if you bring the fishing poles!

*likewise withdraws*

K

Katlene

This is somthing id like to know as well. I am building a char but ive no clue if it will stand up in pvp.
Would love to know if it'd be better to explore another avenue or have a go using my swords/fencing samiden.

I

iddqd

PvP will now die, it always does when we the good pvpers leave the game. Dragod and Co are dregs and will abuse house hiding if outnumbered etc. We were the only guild to EVER fight outnumbered, that won't happen now. Although the population would be smaller than ever.

Enjoy a dead shard, cowards.
sadly true. pvp for me died when tc left. they were crap (particularly by the end - though so was i at the end to be honest.), but provided me with the antagonists i needed to make the pvp nice and personal. it was a shame we (opk at the time) were so successful in hindsight. we had ruined our own fun by being too successful.

the one thing i would have LOVED to have seen was a genuine raid by some US shard guild. not that it would be possible with lag etc, but it would have been nice to have experienced. im pretty sure we would have done well against any roughly equal numbers (probably even slightly outnumbered), because to be honest, at opks pinnacle with both rons, cook, pet, myself, drac, heron, etern (on his utterly broken template) and a couple others when we were all on fairly regularly, the 9 or so of us were simply unstoppable by anything less than 3 or 4 to 1 odds (not including pets).

O

Ovrkill

sadly true. pvp for me died when tc left. they were crap (particularly by the end - though so was i at the end to be honest.), but provided me with the antagonists i needed to make the pvp nice and personal. it was a shame we (opk at the time) were so successful in hindsight. we had ruined our own fun by being too successful.

the one thing i would have LOVED to have seen was a genuine raid by some US shard guild. not that it would be possible with lag etc, but it would have been nice to have experienced. im pretty sure we would have done well against any roughly equal numbers (probably even slightly outnumbered), because to be honest, at opks pinnacle with both rons, cook, pet, myself, drac, heron, etern (on his utterly broken template) and a couple others when we were all on fairly regularly, the 9 or so of us were simply unstoppable by anything less than 3 or 4 to 1 odds (not including pets).

There was a PVP invasion from a jap shard about 3 or 4 years ago, they came in, owned the spawns, then left because there was no competition.

I

iddqd

i remember a little of that - they only seemed to 'own the spawns' at 4am...

i remember once we got killed by some yanks while we were doing a harrower (in fire i think), as they stealthed in on tamers (not that i can blame them - they must have had a ping of 250+) and took us by surprise, but we got our reds and came right back and destroyed them. thats been the only cross-shard i can remember.

oh i fought some asian guys really late one night while hammered (i think drac was with me) but in ended in a draw as they were pointless to fight - potpotpotpotpot, dismount macros, healing scripts - you name it. they were utterly crap, but they were just impossible to kill.

K

Katlene

i remeber the americans, group of them said they were going to pwn the shard left books around as well n ended up leaving tail between their legs

I

iddqd

well to be fair, they didnt really have a chance - everything that was happening on their screens happened 2 and a half seconds ago...

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's my point, screenshots don't really prove **** other than what is happening on your screen in that split second.
These screenshots tell us a lot actually:

You can see my entire dump in the left one which is:

Exp, fs, evil omen, painstrike, lightning.

In that time you guys managed to:

Corpse me (Clog).
Exp, omen, painstrike (Elwood).

Now if you guys are such amazing pvpers please explain some things to me. Why was I not cursed (24 dmg exp)? How did you managed to let me get off a flamestrike, omen, pain strike and lightning without disrupting me? In the same time that I casted 5 spells, two of you could manage to pull off four (as clog was disrupted), why is that? Why didn't you crossheal him, Elwood? If you weren't going to crossheal him then the least you could've done is disrupted me... since you didn't manage that, what the **** were you doing casting exp, omen, pain strike?

See, in that "split second" look how much information I managed to gather about how horrid you are.

In the second one it shows how bad you are without apples. I managed to kill Clog purely via strangle - how do I know this? Simple. I waited for strangle to get to the last stages, as evidenced by me killing you with just exp fs omen - still had the cursor up for pain strike.

E

Elwood

Again pet, I never confessed to be perfect and I never said I didn't lose a fight, even numbers OR when we had the advantage. I still make mistakes in mage pvp now. What I said was that before you left you could not beat me 1v1, you knew it, and it pissed you off. I've been pvping on a mage for about a year or so now, what about you?

As you know I started pvping on a dexxer, even when I was in [1] with you I played a dexxer. I started to play a mage because the rons kept going on about how lame my template was and that I wasn't classed as a 'pvper' unless I played a mage so I took that as a challenge and decided I would learn. It was a hard road but i'm glad I did because I thoroughly enjoy mage pvp now. ALL of my pvp chars are now mages - 3 red and one blue, I have a dexxer for spawns only (he has been used about 3 or 4 times in the last 6 months).

While on the subject of dexxers remember that pvp tourney that we went in while you and I were in [1] together. I ended up drawing you 2nd or 3rd round and dusted you up, then I went on to the final and sneaky beat me pretty easily. Once again you claimed lag then too...

I don't want to burst your bubble either pet but the character Bones Malone would have been about 2 months old in that screenie. I had no experience with necro before that whatsoever.

Finally pet, you can go on and on about how bad I am compared to you but there is only one way to prove it.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Elwood - your right, I couldn't kill you 1v1. That is because you ran off every single time we fought 1v1, not only that but every curse that ever hit you was quickly followed by an apple and every poison was quickly followed by a pot. You on the other hand could not kill me when I wasn't running off screen and wouldn't pot or apple (would apple if you were on a necro).

Yes you killed me on my mage in a dueling arena 1v1, when you were on a lame as **** dexxer - and you couldn't kill me until I died to lag. I believe sneaky has a video of it and you see me hit one spell (I believe it was GH - could be wrong) 4-6 times in a row over and over despite the fact that it had come off already. Anybody who knows how I play knows that I never overcast a spell and can pull off miracle heals out of absolutely nowhere, yet somehow I manage to overcast one spell several times in a row and still not drop it?

Oh and we all used to laugh at how deluded Sneaky, Robin and Dragod were when they dueled me. I would literally smash them 7-8 times in a row, they would kill me once and then claim that they were as good as me. The only times I can recall Sneaky beating me several times in a row is when I was playing a scribe/bleed mage vs his necro bleed mage.

Why was I not cursed (24 dmg exp)? How did you managed to let me get off a flamestrike, omen, pain strike and lightning without disrupting me? In the same time that I casted 5 spells, two of you could manage to pull off four (as clog was disrupted), why is that? Why didn't you crossheal him, Elwood? If you weren't going to crossheal him then the least you could've done is disrupted me... since you didn't manage that, what the **** were you doing casting exp, omen, pain strike?
Please answer these questions, almighty pvper.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even I remember when the Asians came along for a couple of weeks. I think they were very laggy, I saw them get their ass kicked alot. That was back when I used to just sit and stealth around spawns. :lol: I think they were very good at pvp, better then anything Oce had to offer, but the lag issues would have been crazy.

E

Elwood

because to be honest, at opks pinnacle with both rons, cook, pet, myself, drac, heron, etern (on his utterly broken template) and a couple others when we were all on fairly regularly, the 9 or so of us were simply unstoppable by anything less than 3 or 4 to 1 odds (not including pets).
You know I always wondered about this. As someone who started playing UO as a tram on oceania in 2001 for about a year and then quit, only to start playing again on drachenfels and europa while living in France four and a half years later, I suppose I am a relative 'newcomer' to the pvp scene here being back for a little under two years. But it always intrigued me that so many of the best pvpers on the shard all congregated together in the one guild and stayed together the whole time apart from dragod and co who the rons considered 'dregs' anyway.

I agree with you Dal that OPK contributed to the demise of pvp on Oceania by being too successful. When shard numbers started to decline I am surprised that none of you considered splitting the guild up to even the balance of pvp. It seems to me like it was the 'easiest' option to stay together and dominate rather than create a challenge for yourselves. Pet tried it once but it was only because the rons quit and started playing freeshards and many of the members that were left in OPK didn't like him anyway (dragod, sneaky, gobble etc) so he made his own guild with Drac. I still remember when Drac asked me to join saying that they wanted to start a new guild to even the balance and encourage more people to pvp. Well that was a failure because pet was so used to dominating that he couldn't cope with losing a fight and he had no idea how to lead and never taught the lesser experienced members, including myself, a thing. It wasn't long before he was icq'ing the rons to fight our battles for us. It is for this reliance on the rons, his constant excuses when he dies and his blind arrogance that I don't rate him amongst the best.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they were very good at pvp, better then anything Oce had to offer
You are quite the astute judge of a persons ability to pvp, given your credentials, we cannot doubt the fact that they were better players than us. rolleyes:

FYI the asians were terrible players and only overthrew trammys at 4am.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that was a failure because pet was so used to dominating that he couldn't cope with losing a fight and he had no idea how to lead and never taught the lesser experienced members, including myself, a thing. It wasn't long before he was icq'ing the rons to fight our battles for us. It is for this reliance on the rons, his constant excuses when he dies and his blind arrogance that I don't rate him amongst the best.
I'll bite (I know how hard you've tried to get me to talk on this). The fact of the matter is I couldn't stand playing with such horrible pvpers who didn't listen to instructions and for the most part went off and did their own things (you were one of those who liked to be a hero). As for me never teaching you a thing, you guys were far too stupid to learn. I quickly realised this so I decided to employ tactics to bait the ******** players and use them as simply decoys so myself, drac and shane (I rated him the best player by far behind me and Drac, he actually listened and knew how to dump properly) could spread and pick them.

My dwindling interest in PvP at that point only added to my lack of drive to teach you guys and I quickly had found much more fun in breaking the game. It had gotten to the point where neither were enjoyable for me and I quit, then the guild disbanded.

Oh by the way if you weren't so blinded by your hate for me you would recall us beating Sneaky and co quite often - I only called the rons in 2-3 times when we were brutally outnumbered and I was sick of pvping with simpletons. I can also recall you sitting in vent offended and scared of talking when the rons were in there, quite humorous for me.

E

Elwood

Elwood - your right, I couldn't kill you 1v1. That is because you ran off every single time we fought 1v1, not only that but every curse that ever hit you was quickly followed by an apple and every poison was quickly followed by a pot. You on the other hand could not kill me when I wasn't running off screen and wouldn't pot or apple (would apple if you were on a necro).
Utter crap pet. At the end, just before you left, we fought a few times around bmg near our houses and I had you on the back foot running and potting in many of them. Twice you just up and left and didn't even come back.
You also died twice as much as your other guild members in group fights. Remember the night you cried to venus that we were using some hack where we were never missing our bleeds. You died so many times that night and I thought I would icq you to rub it in and you raged it so bad, LOL. I still have that screenshot...

Yes you killed me on my mage in a dueling arena 1v1, when you were on a lame as **** dexxer - and you couldn't kill me until I died to lag. I believe sneaky has a video of it and you see me hit one spell (I believe it was GH - could be wrong) 4-6 times in a row over and over despite the fact that it had come off already.
Lag or you making a mistake? Hmm wait a minute...
Anybody who knows how I play knows that I never overcast a spell and can pull off miracle heals out of absolutely nowhere, yet somehow I manage to overcast one spell several times in a row and still not drop it?
Ah of course, it must have been lag because you NEVER overcast a spell and can pull off miracle heals HAHAHAHAHA! One of your best Pet...

Oh and we all used to laugh at how deluded Sneaky, Robin and Dragod were when they dueled me. I would literally smash them 7-8 times in a row, they would kill me once and then claim that they were as good as me. The only times I can recall Sneaky beating me several times in a row is when I was playing a scribe/bleed mage vs his necro bleed mage.
I remember sneaky dropping you on wrong roof pretty easily and, once again you claimed lag. You know, the whole time we were in [1] together I never heard you mention lag until you died to someone...

Once again this is a futile argument, there is only one way to prove me wrong.

Nighty night xx

E

Elwood

I'll bite (I know how hard you've tried to get me to talk on this). The fact of the matter is I couldn't stand playing with such horrible pvpers who didn't listen to instructions and for the most part went off and did their own things (you were one of those who liked to be a hero). As for me never teaching you a thing, you guys were far too stupid to learn. I quickly realised this so I decided to employ tactics to bait the ******** players and use them as simply decoys so myself, drac and shane (I rated him the best player by far behind me and Drac, he actually listened and knew how to dump properly) could spread and pick them.
OK, i'll entertain one more round because I am enjoying your reactions so much.
Seeing as though you rated Shane so highly you would value his opinion too? Well pet, he never rated you, in fact he was another who disliked you. He also agreed that you never taught anyone a single thing including himself (he posted this on stratics too remember) and that you would act like a spoilt brat most of the time. Drac was also fed up with your whinging, many times he would log out and then icq me that he needed a 'break' from you.

My dwindling interest in PvP at that point only added to my lack of drive to teach you guys and I quickly had found much more fun in breaking the game. It had gotten to the point where neither were enjoyable for me and I quit, then the guild disbanded.
You are so full of excuses it is not funny. When the rons returned to UO, so did you. Coincidence??

Oh by the way if you weren't so blinded by your hate for me you would recall us beating Sneaky and co quite often - I only called the rons in 2-3 times when we were brutally outnumbered and I was sick of pvping with simpletons. I can also recall you sitting in vent offended and scared of talking when the rons were in there, quite humorous for me.
Oh god, this is too much! You called the rons in on at least a dozen occasions and every time it would happen after you would die. You even tried to get them to join your new guild but the rest of us said no - myself, Shane, Drac and you were outvoted. Man you have a short memory. Bottom line is you could never lead because no one would follow you. You started the guild to introduce new players to pvp and help teach them but you failed because you spent your UO life depending on the rons.

Ok, seriously it's betime now, I have an early start tomorrow. I have already wasted to much time here. I did enjoy the banter though, thanks.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I died most in group fights because you targeted me the most, simple really, also I really don't care about my own individual success in group fights.

Twice you just up and left and didn't even come back.
The only times I will leave 1v1s is if I feel the person I'm fighting is simply too cowardly, if they are standing and fighting I won't leave.

Lag or you making a mistake? Hmm wait a minute...
Ah of course, it must have been lag because you NEVER overcast a spell and can pull off miracle heals HAHAHAHAHA! One of your best Pet...
I've got the video of the duel and I was vsing you on a wrestle mage.

Starts at 2:35.
[YOUTUBE]W3JWHuHRdNo[/YOUTUBE]

Continues on at the start of this video.

[YOUTUBE]28yE8CWUyDU[/YOUTUBE]

I think it is pretty blatant that I was lagging.

I remember sneaky dropping you on wrong roof pretty easily and, once again you claimed lag. You know, the whole time we were in [1] together I never heard you mention lag until you died to someone...
See you remember him killing me once on wrong roof and automatically hes awesome, it proves how ****ing delusional you guys are.

Also, I was without doubt one of the hardest people to kill in a duel. The only person who I ever had trouble surviving against consistently was Cookie - he had an amazing ability to prevent somebody from curing by timing his harms perfectly. When I dueled the Rons ect it basically came down to whoever ****ed up first and it was pretty pointless dueling each other.

Oh and the first duel on this video is my favourite, despite the fact that Robin started without the wall going down when I wasn't ready which basically made the duel start with me at half HP and disarmed... he still managed to somehow **** it up and lose.

[YOUTUBE]_Lc66ghxslU[/YOUTUBE]

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seeing as though you rated Shane so highly you would value his opinion too? Well pet, he never rated you, in fact he was another who disliked you. He also agreed that you never taught anyone a single thing including himself (he posted this on stratics too remember) and that you would act like a spoilt brat most of the time. Drac was also fed up with your whinging, many times he would log out and then icq me that he needed a 'break' from you.
I can recall you and him often saying how it was amazing how well myself and Drac worked as a team. Also, I don't value anybody's opinion in this game unless I think they are better than me. If he did post that you could drag up the post, couldn't you? You keep making all these claims with literally no evidence, whereas I have provided tonnes - you seem to completely ignore it though.

When the rons returned to UO, so did you. Coincidence??
No I didn't, I was playing Age of Conan then I came back for a bit then I played Warhammer. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story though.

Bottom line is you could never lead because no one would follow you.
I'm sorry but I distinctly recall you and shane also being leaders of the guild (which would explain how you could "outvote me"). The bottom line is, you are a complete failure as a player with very little knowledge of the game and its basic fundamentals.

E

Elwood

I died most in group fights because you targeted me the most, simple really, also I really don't care about my own individual success in group fights.
You died most in group fights because you weren't as good as your other guild mates. Yes, we did target you more than the others because we disliked you.

The only times I will leave 1v1s is if I feel the person I'm fighting is simply too cowardly, if they are standing and fighting I won't leave.
Or if you think you might lose to someone you consider of 'inferior' quality to you to avoid the shame.

I think it is pretty blatant that I was lagging.
How? Because you died? LOL

See you remember him killing me once on wrong roof and automatically hes awesome, it proves how ****ing delusional you guys are.
Says the guy who thinks he was impossible to kill 1v1 and when he would die he claimed lag every time.

Also, I was without doubt one of the hardest people to kill in a duel.
Haha you have such a massive ego I love telling you that you were not that good, it must **** you off so bad.

When I dueled the Rons ect it basically came down to whoever ****ed up first and it was pretty pointless dueling each other.
Woah Woah Woah! You don't make mistakes though. A few posts ago you said this remember -
Anybody who knows how I play knows that I never overcast a spell and can pull off miracle heals out of absolutely nowhere,
If this is true then you should never lose?? Unless you lag of course, LOL

Oh and the first duel on this video is my favourite, despite the fact that Robin started without the wall going down when I wasn't ready which basically made the duel start with me at half HP and disarmed... he still managed to somehow **** it up and lose.
So you beat robin pretty easily, I guess the lag only started when you were losing to me. Anyone else see the pattern forming here?

E

Elwood

I can recall you and him often saying how it was amazing how well myself and Drac worked as a team. Also, I don't value anybody's opinion in this game unless I think they are better than me. If he did post that you could drag up the post, couldn't you? You keep making all these claims with literally no evidence, whereas I have provided tonnes - you seem to completely ignore it though.
I also said you and drac worked well together as a team, I still think that. What i'm saying is that Shane never 'rated' you as a person or as a guild leader and that he agreed that you never tried to teach anyone in the guild a thing, all you would do is whinge and make excuses when you died. You created the guild to even the balance of pvp and to encourage new players to come to fel and it was a complete failure. After the rons quit, which meant you couldn't call them in to help anymore, you didn't know what to do so you abandoned the guild and stopped playing too.

Now let me get this straight? For the record, are you saying that Shane never made that post or that he didn't agree with me?

No I didn't, I was playing Age of Conan then I came back for a bit then I played Warhammer. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story though.
Pet, whether it was a couple of weeks or a month or two later you came back only after the rons came back

I'm sorry but I distinctly recall you and shane also being leaders of the guild (which would explain how you could "outvote me"). The bottom line is, you are a complete failure as a player with very little knowledge of the game and its basic fundamentals.
There were 4 main members in that guild - you, drac, me and shane. When you asked us our opinion about guilding the rons all 3 said no. You were outvoted because you were the only person who wanted the rons in the guild.

In regards to your final comment - I knew enough to be on par with you in mage pvp in about one sixth of the time it took you. How long have you been pvping again pet? You always seem to forget to answer that question...

U

UOPODCASTING.COM

Some simple but truthful facts about [1]:

1. Pet & Drac started the guild after I interviewed them for Corp Por and planted the seed that the only way to get any PvP on Oceania was to try and bring fresh blood to the scene.

2. Elwood and myself joined the guild as co-leaders with Pet and Drac being the main leaders.

3. The reason the guild failed was some people that have not been mentioned did not listen to instructions and could not understand how to be a part of a successful PvP group.

This frustrated the hell out of Pet and therefore when the Rons were thinking of returning he would solicit their help. Which they would give until the enemy was killed and then they would turn on the rest of [1].

In all fairness Pet you would have to admit you never had the patience to teach newbies the intricacies of group PvP and when they didn't get what was being asked of them you would crack it.

In fairness to Pet it was not all his responsibility to teach the newbies how to PvP in a guild group and therefore a lack of effort by all four of the leadership group was the failing of [1].

The demise was due to there being no easy path to raising a guild group that could replicate the team work and PvP cohesiveness that OPK displayed when they where on song.

So I would say the blame does not rest with Pet alone and that all four of the leadership should share the blame.

The thing about OPK was, they are a team of champions and if someone could have raised a champion team they could have easily been beaten.

Unfortunately [1] was not able to do that, even though that was the intent.

Cheers
Shane

www.pygames.net

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You died most in group fights because you weren't as good as your other guild mates. Yes, we did target you more than the others because we disliked you.
So, you admit I got targeted far more often... yet it was only because I was worse than my other guild mates that I died so much. Nice logic. Soldiers die more often than civilians in situations of war because they are bad at defending themselves, not because they face more conflict, right?

Or if you think you might lose to someone you consider of 'inferior' quality to you to avoid the shame.
If I did that then I would never stand and fight. I would always fight people 1v1, I never ran away from people like Held ect despite them being on far superior templates which could result in somebody inferior to me killing me.

How? Because you died? LOL
You could watch the video and see me lagging like **** (look at my character pause mid run animation) and overcasting GH, again, don't let facts get in the way of a good story though.

Says the guy who thinks he was impossible to kill 1v1 and when he would die he claimed lag every time.
one of the hardest people to kill in a duel.
One of the hardest does not = impossible. I don't claim lag unless I'm actually lagging and think about it - if your in a duel where one simple mistake can mess you up and lag forces mistakes, then would it not be extremely common for high quality pvpers to die only as a result of lag?

Woah Woah Woah! You don't make mistakes though. A few posts ago you said this remember.

If this is true then you should never lose?? Unless you lag of course, LOL
I did say I never overcast a spell and can pull off miracle heals out of absolutely nowhere. Where did I say I don't make mistakes? As for the fact that I should never lose, you are again showing your extremely lack of understand of the basics of UO. UO duels are heavily dependent on a RNG system, therefore there are elements of duels which are based on purely luck and completely out of the players hands.

For example; if I was versing somebody who knows how to pvp and they have me on the defense, I'm simply waiting for him to run out of mana and me to get some back - to do this I'll prevent him from casting any major spell using weaken whilst mini healing to conserve mana. Now if he starts purely unloading IPY's so I have to concentrate on healing and then he can drop a poison on me, I don't resist it because of RNG. Now that means I have to cure before he can disrupt me, but he hits me (RNG) with a bleed, this disrupts my cure, but RNG kicks in again and fireball off his warfork procs, disrupting my next cure whilst combining for anywhere between 15-20 dmg, my next cure is then disrupted by either bleed, posion or IPY. Game over - I'm dead and I've done nothing wrong.

So you beat robin pretty easily, I guess the lag only started when you were losing to me. Anyone else see the pattern forming here?
Actually the lag would have been from somebody on another computer (using the same internet as this) probably on a website like facebook/myspace/youtube which had pictures, video or music going. I used to have a pretty horrid internet when I was pvping back then.

In all fairness Pet you would have to admit you never had the patience to teach newbies the intricacies of group PvP and when they didn't get what was being asked of them you would crack it.
Correct.

I agree with your post.

P

Paradox_

I would point out all the posts in this thread that already have Elwood claiming other people have a big ego, and then point out the posts where he says he is good/better than pet blah blah, but to be honest, i cant be arsed.

E

Elwood

I would point out all the posts in this thread that already have Elwood claiming other people have a big ego, and then point out the posts where he says he is good/better than pet blah blah, but to be honest, i cant be arsed.
'On par' was the term I used. I never said I was better and this was only during the last few months before he left. I never made wild claims like I never overcast spells and can pull off miracle heals out of nowhere or I was almost impossible to kill in a duel etc etc. I also don't blame lag when I die to people.

My opinion, and i'm sure dragod, sneaky, venus, clog etc would agree, is that I don't think he was as good as he thinks was for the reasons I have already stated. Pet thinks he was one of the best and due to his ego, the fact that he so much wants to be considered in the same category as the rons/cookie and that he is a teenager of course, he hates being told otherwise. I guess thats why I like reminding him so often.

But I will agree with you on one thing paradox, I can't be arsed either. As fun as it is, arguing with pet is tiresome work.

P

Paradox_

No matter what you say, there was a level that NOONE reached apart from ronsx2. pet and cookie. Pet was in that group. Players like Drac were close, but noone else.

You had decent members, but the truth is you guys could NOT function as a team. I remember many times when it was 4 of us outnumbered 2 to 1 and we would pick you off because we watched each others health and synced targets. All you would do is run around with 2 designated healers who were ********.

If you really want to test your 'skills', you will play on a non AOS server, which means you cant have unlimited mana and you cant rely on items. Its purely skill, combos and mana preservation. It is a true test of UO. AOS may be more fun, due to its fancy neon colours and unlimited mana and GARGOYLES, but UO pre-AOS is a test of skill. Try play a mage on that, then get back to us about how good you are.

And if you think you are 'on par' with pet, then train a char and join the 100+ tournies that go on daily, and come 2nd vs all the americans with great pings. Pet managed this after barely playing the shard. The kid KNOWS how to play.

Further, you may say 'it took me 1/6th of the time to get as good as you pet', but the fact is, once you are at a certain competancy, you cant get any better. You are limited by the game. You cant keep getting so good as to kill someone in 2 seconds. So he reached the plateau prolly a year into his playing to (years ago) whereas you may have just got there.

Further, again, the game cosntantly changes and has updates which means that you are constantly adapting, so it takes everyone time to adjust. I never played consistantly, I always quit and came back, and could never put in the time to properly learn which is why I never got any good. It didnt matter to me, I played for fun.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
or I was almost impossible
So it has gone from impossible to almost impossible, has it now?

But I will agree with you on one thing paradox, I can't be arsed either. As fun as it is, arguing with pet is tiresome work.
Translation: I have nothing that I can dispute Shane with or Pet - because of this I will then only try and pick holes in what Paradox says and ignore any points made.

My opinion, and i'm sure dragod, sneaky, venus, clog etc would agree, is that I don't think he was as good as he thinks was for the reasons I have already stated. Pet thinks he was one of the best and due to his ego, the fact that he so much wants to be considered in the same category as the rons/cookie and that he is a teenager of course, he hates being told otherwise. I guess thats why I like reminding him so often.
Wait a minute, oh, thats right! They all hate me and are all in the same guild as you, what a massive coincidence that they would agree with you. I really couldn't careless what people who have no idea about pvp think of me, especially on an individual level - since 90% of pvp is done on a team basis.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if you think you are 'on par' with pet, then train a char and join the 100+ tournies that go on daily, and come 2nd vs all the americans with great pings. Pet managed this after barely playing the shard.
I forgot about that. I'll come on later and the money on poker when I cbf.

E

Elwood

No matter what you say, there was a level that NOONE reached apart from ronsx2. pet and cookie. Pet was in that group. Players like Drac were close, but noone else.
Serious question: Do you owe pet for some rl favour he has done for you or something? If not then why do you always go into bat for him? To quickly answer your comment though - I agree that the rons and cookie were a level above the rest although cookie's skills were waning towards the end (due to not playing much, outdated gear etc). I don't agree pet was in the same category. No offence mate but no matter what YOU say I don't place a great deal of stock in your opinion for a couple of reasons: you were never any good, you said it yourself you quit quite a few times and never play consistantly and you always played with them never against them.

You had decent members, but the truth is you guys could NOT function as a team. I remember many times when it was 4 of us outnumbered 2 to 1 and we would pick you off because we watched each others health and synced targets. All you would do is run around with 2 designated healers who were ********.
I agree that as a group we were not as good as the main members of SSO and I also agree that our team play was not as good as those guys. The main reason for this is that apart from Dragod and Sneaky the rest of us were relatively new to mage pvp and were still learning how to fight as a team. We never had the advantage of playing together for years and years like you guys did and we never had the 'targeting assistance' that your main members used either.

If you really want to test your 'skills', you will play on a non AOS server, which means you cant have unlimited mana and you cant rely on items. Its purely skill, combos and mana preservation. It is a true test of UO. AOS may be more fun, due to its fancy neon colours and unlimited mana and GARGOYLES, but UO pre-AOS is a test of skill. Try play a mage on that, then get back to us about how good you are.
I'm not trying to test my skills and I don't need to get back to YOU about anything. I gave my opinion on pet's ability as a pvper on oceania and i'll stick by it. He can prove me wrong if he wants...

And if you think you are 'on par' with pet, then train a char and join the 100+ tournies that go on daily, and come 2nd vs all the americans with great pings. Pet managed this after barely playing the shard. The kid KNOWS how to play.
Are you ready to come up for air yet? Man your jaw must get tired...

Further, you may say 'it took me 1/6th of the time to get as good as you pet', but the fact is, once you are at a certain competancy, you cant get any better. You are limited by the game. You cant keep getting so good as to kill someone in 2 seconds. So he reached the plateau prolly a year into his playing to (years ago) whereas you may have just got there.
If that is the case then why does pet avoid telling us how long he has pvped for? I don't neccessarily agree with you though, I think you always improve as long as there are people to fight. Now, with the shard dieing a slow death over the last however long I would say that everyones skills reached a plateau due to a lack of pvp.

Further, again, the game cosntantly changes and has updates which means that you are constantly adapting, so it takes everyone time to adjust. I never played consistantly, I always quit and came back, and could never put in the time to properly learn which is why I never got any good. It didnt matter to me, I played for fun.
You played in long enough stints (and with the best on the shard to learn from mind you) that you should have been a **** load better than what you were, this is a poor excuse.

E

Elwood

For example; if I was versing somebody who knows how to pvp and they have me on the defense, I'm simply waiting for him to run out of mana and me to get some back - to do this I'll prevent him from casting any major spell using weaken whilst mini healing to conserve mana. Now if he starts purely unloading IPY's so I have to concentrate on healing and then he can drop a poison on me, I don't resist it because of RNG. Now that means I have to cure before he can disrupt me, but he hits me (RNG) with a bleed, this disrupts my cure, but RNG kicks in again and fireball off his warfork procs, disrupting my next cure whilst combining for anywhere between 15-20 dmg, my next cure is then disrupted by either bleed, posion or IPY. Game over - I'm dead and I've done nothing wrong.
You see i'm confused by this last comment. I struggle to understand how someone can die in a 1v1 situation, from full health and not concede that they made a single mistake, especially when you are as good as you say you are. I guess when you make comments like those below you have to have some sort of excuse (like lag or RNG) when you die because it would make you look pretty stupid otherwise right?

"Anybody who knows how I play knows that I never overcast a spell and can pull off miracle heals out of absolutely nowhere"
OR
"I was without doubt one of the hardest people to kill in a duel."
OR
"I would literally smash them 7-8 times in a row, they would kill me once and then claim that they were as good as me."
OR
"I struggle to kill anybody if they run off screen, but good luck killing me one on one"
OR
I also remember you saying some time ago that you had the uncanny ability to pull of GH's in between bleed ticks and spell damage and that you could pretty much cure at will while bled/poisoned.

You know as much as we disagree I really have to hand it to you pet. I mean you have managed to absolve yourself of any accountability whatsoever in pvp. No matter what happens you literally cannot be faulted. You have definitely covered all your bases haven't you, LOL.

You are officially the 'Excuse King of Oceania'. ALL HAIL THE KING!

D

Dain

I'll second that.

If there's anyone that can spin a few word to justify the reason they are an incompetent mage since the PvP changes, it's Pet.

Similar to the Rons, since the PvP changes you really are, just not much of a threat.

If I were to encounter Elwood and Pet in the field, I would consider Elwood a far greater threat.

Perhaps not a year ago, but now I'm starting to sound like Avenger; living in the past.

ALL HAIL THE KING.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You see i'm confused by this last comment. I struggle to understand how someone can die in a 1v1 situation, from full health and not concede that they made a single mistake, especially when you are as good as you say you are. I guess when you make comments like those below you have to have some sort of excuse (like lag or RNG) when you die because it would make you look pretty stupid otherwise right?
Thats because you struggle to understand the basics of Ultima Online. I'm curious Elwood, why don't you respond to the rest of my post addressing you, or shanes? Oh, thats right! You only try and look for holes and ignore every single valid point somebody makes.

You know as much as we disagree I really have to hand it to you pet. I mean you have managed to absolve yourself of any accountability whatsoever in pvp. No matter what happens you literally cannot be faulted. You have definitely covered all your bases haven't you, LOL.

If there's anyone that can spin a few word to justify the reason they are an incompetent mage since the PvP changes, it's Pet.

Similar to the Rons, since the PvP changes you really are, just not much of a threat.
Thats a pretty big backflip from this dain (this was after the pvp changes):

The rons, cookie and pet are the only ones that are any good. Dal, drac, paradox the rest of u are just annoyances in the field.
And Elwood, you ain't no good.
Oh and Dain I can't recall ever fighting you 1v1, I can recall fighting Held. Every time I saw you I remember you running into your little moongate house or leaving.

and we never had the 'targeting assistance' that your main members used either.
[YOUTUBE]zgdpq160GzA[/YOUTUBE]

D

Dain

I didn't think I would ever do this with Pet, hah.

The first quote; still totally viable, I never said you weren't a good pvper. I just implied that your not a threat TO ME. What I am also saying is that the rest of your old guild is even worse. :)

Second quote, is exactly that: A quote from a song.

And wtf is the third one all about? Oh, vent.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me clear some things up:

1. Pet was an elite pvper, no question about it. He was not as good as the Rons/Cookie, however he was a notch above anyone else.

2. Elwood you were never any good. Apples allowed you to stay alive which previously wasn't possible. The only member of AUPK with any sort of skill is Dragod. The rest are utter rubbish and know it, most of the time they wouldn't even fight with 2 to 1 odds without Dragod.

3. PvPers reach their maximum skill level within 1 year. You either have the reflexes/intelligence to adapt to situations or you don't. MOST DON'T and you cannot TRAIN this. It's like training a rock to talk.

4. Gimplates, apples, potion abuse, running, toggle special, and a significantly slowed down casting timer have reduced the ability of players to "own" as they use to. NO ONE was as deadly as prior patches, it also hindered the ability to successfully win 2 or 3 vs 1s. Basically these patches "dumbed down" pvp for the slower player. The older days of AOS were great vs TC. Players like Sneaky, Venus, Raven, Held, Dain etc could not run guzzling apples and heal pots to full life. THIS didn't exist, and they would be owned as soon as 1 para blow was landed.

5. Duels are almost obsolete for a pvper's skill. Duels are now dependent on who has the fastest swinging warfork/hits because of the toggle system which resets hits and disrupting cure is now simple due to a slow cast time. Blame OSI for nurfing mages because they wanted the carebear dexers to have a chance. Even a crap mage like Raven could kill anyone 1vs1 in a duel, simply because of that ebayed warfork. Its no skill, but the new casting system/toggle allows items like this to takeover skill.

6. This shard is dead, I am not even going to bother with the new expansion. The last battle I had was 4 AUPK vs 2 Rons for the most part, we managed to kill Elwood twice in 5 minutes because he ran out of apples. It just shows you how crap the shard is without those lame items. Then we simply gave up, the rest of AUPK wouldn't even fight us until it was 4vs2 again and FULL of new apples. Its pointless, and boring, espicially when EVERY dump we do would kill them if it wasn't for those bloody apples/running.

7. I have found a better version of UO, and will never be back. I prefer the AOS style, however OSI have truely ruined it now. Not to mention the playerbase of Oceania stinks. It seems that most only want to fight when they are almost certain of Victory. AUPK proved this many time by refusing to fight unless they have surperior numbers.

Have fun spawning, no more AM spawning for you!! Although I am sure Dragod the insombiac will still spawn at 4am.
All i see in points 4 through to 7 is a just a big whinge. You guys arent as effective in the field anymore as you used to be, and that pisses you off. You are so used to being the top dog of oceania that you guys could not hack it when EA brought in Apples.. You just refuse to adapt.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If by adapt you mean recruiting anyone with an internet connection, only fighting when you outnumber, excessive house hiding and totally relying upon remove curse apples to live anything, then by all means AUPK "adapated".

Prior to AUPK carrying 50 apples each, they would die about 20 to 30 times over before they'd even get 1 kill, and this was whilst they outnumbered their enemy with 2 to 1 odds.

In the 'last' confrontations I saw, AUPK would still die, it's just it was alot harder for them to, considering they would almost never be cursed due to excessive apple chewing. Still their kills vs their enemies were still extremely low, even with their ridiculously large noob zerg house hiding squad.

To this day I still don't understand how a force so large could barely scrape getting kills vs an enemy that they would readily double+ their numbers? I guess that's what happens when you recruit KOV's left-overs.
um... who are you?

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um, SSO was the top dog of Oceania as it always has been you deluded coward........ We got sick of having to chase you apple guzzling runners who refused to fight unless you have HUGE numbers. Towards the end it was Ronx2, hero and ASH left vs your 7-9 players. As soon as it was a 4vs4 you wouldn't even bother fighting, or "dragod is logging so we won't fight now, even though we outnumber you".

My last memory was Ronx2 vs 4 AUPK reds. We killed Elwood twice, in about 5minutes because he guzzled all his 20 apples vs my brother about 10 minutes prior. HOW THE HELL DO YOU DIE 4vs2??? It just shows how dependent you were on those apples to stay alive. Not to mention its 2 to 1 odds ffs, how are you that bad??!!! Reverse the situation, YOU wouldn't have FOUGHT. It was then 3 vs 2, and you guess it your bloody cowardly guild ran off.......We found Venus hidden outside your large house waiting to get inside (no surprise). We revealed him and he just ran, and ran, and ran, then RAN some more while guzzling pots/apples. This isn't PVP, it is cowardly players who only like to gank/fight when the odds favour them.

To be honest we are sick to death of oceania, item based pvp has gone to far. Hence I am now on UOG as my IP ban is now removed (no it wasn't for hacking). Oceania just isn't fun. As demonstrated players like Venus are impossible to kill, no matter how good you are, unless of course you dismount or running hit him. I've actually killed him on my archer (2SSO vs 3 AUPK)simply from running hits because hes so stupid/cowardly, and at the same time dragod was trying to catch him with a GH up....... That pathetic wouldn't you say? Most of your guild just runs Clog, you have glue in your eyes to think otherwise.

With point 4 do you agree that Reaper's bok dismount tamer is fair and cool? That guy as bad as ASH at pvp, and now hes the best 1vs1 pvper on the shard with his stupid gimplate. Then when you cast one curse he runs off (just like Venus or Raven)..........NOT FUN, and a pointless chase. In UOG cowardly runners die a quick death from explode pots. You have to stay and fight or you will die from pot throwing. I love it. I guess that is why AUPK sucked even more at UOG, not to mention mana needs to be conserved, instead of infinite mana spam by cannons.

I'd love to see your crap guild attempt to fight the odds we did. Oh thats right you didn't when SSO was active, you just sat at Luna instead pancakes on ICQ.
How do you die 4v2? By a well placed dump. You 2 sit next to each other, thus making it easier for you to time dumps. Oh also the templates you play help. That specific time there was a scribe/mage and a necro/mage. The two of them together are a powerful combo. If you hit EO of the scribe mages FS you do ATLEAST 50 damage. So theres a half to third of his life gone in 1 spell! Plus add the extra flamestrike. 40 damage?? so he is nearing 1/4 life. Now add the 2 EXPs, say what? 45 damage total?? he'd be near redlined for sure. Painspike.. another 18 damage if he has 120 resist. Now im not to sure, but I think that equals 153 hits?? Im not sure but I dont think very many people at all have that many hitpoints while cursed. and all that damage was in a matter of what? 3 seconds?

And reapers Bok dismount tamer.. I hate the idea of it. I cant believe he plays that sort of character.. PVPing with a tamer isnt really PVPing. Its just lame.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You 2 sit next to each other, thus making it easier for you to time dumps.
Its not much easier than in vent. None of us would ever die if there was 4 of us vs 2 of you.

Clog, how do you die twice when its you and Elwood vs me?

Now add the 2 EXPs, say what? 45 damage total?? he'd be near redlined for sure. Painspike.. another 18 damage if he has 120 resist. Now im not to sure, but I think that equals 153 hits?? Im not sure but I dont think very many people at all have that many hitpoints while cursed. and all that damage was in a matter of what? 3 seconds?
How do 4 of you ******* let him pull all those spells off?

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was Pet, Drac or Cookie instead of one of the Rons Elwood would have still died. Its nothing to do with sitting next to each other, its reflexes and communication skills via vent. Your entire guild comes up with excuses from "special targeting systems", "special speeds", and "next to each other" etc etc. Its all crap, your guild sucks its plain and simple. Remember Clog some of your main members are the dregs from my former guild.

Reverse the situation again, your team of 2 would have in NO WAY got an exp fs off, infront of 4 of us. Its simply due to reflexes, but in your case, lack of reflexes/brain. I don't think you realise how hard it is to fight outnumbered, espicially when its 2:1. Although I don't expect much from simpletons and I don't expect cowardly players to even attempt this. It SHOULDN'T be possible for 2 mages to cast a 6th and 7th level spell infront of 4 enemies while they are being GANKED. Also Clog this is by no means the most pathetic kill we have achieved vs your number hoarding guild. This is simply the last time be bothered to play Oceania. AUPK has done a lot worse.

My account is up for about 5 more months, however my brothers is down. I doubt i'll even bother logging in.
Communication does have alot to do with it. Vent has a delay.. I know you shouldnt have got off those spells with the 4 of us there, but you did.. And i do know how hard it is to fight 2:1 Ive done it a few times recently, being the only member on when there has been 2 or 3 minax on to fight.

Well if you arent going to bother logging in, why waste our bandwidth with your dribble?

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its not much easier than in vent. None of us would ever die if there was 4 of us vs 2 of you.

Clog, how do you die twice when its you and Elwood vs me?

How do 4 of you ******* let him pull all those spells off?
Pet... what the screenshots shown before was only you outside... not the 50,000 times you had to run back in to the safety of your house. If you were as good as you say, you wouldnt need that house.