• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania PVP Thread - Episode 21 - Pot & Kettle

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
basically, theres no now point to using anything but a totally scriptable archer using bandies, apples, pots and trap box (so 0 resist, meaning more room for other skills).

weeeeeee, i can pvp with 4 buttons, just like WoW! wait, why am i playing this piece of crap old game, when i can do the exact same thing, but better, on WoW? hmm, guess i'd better go back to that piece of crap, seeing as how theyve reduced this one to trying be 'compete' (LOL) with it.
:coco:

Dal, I agree with you about Archers being nub, but where you say there is no point playing anything else is just plain wrong. I'm surprised you would come up with something like that TBH.

Oh, and no matter how nub Archers are, I would play one every day if I had to rather than ever go near WoW again...

I

iddqd

generally speaking, for most players there is no point learning to use anything else (read: mage) because there is no point putting in the time and effort it requires to learn to be good on a mage, when you can just acquire a suit (which is DEAD easy now), a wep and start pvping as effectively as anyone else, with no effort or skill with interface required.

trust me, i know what im doing when i make statements like this.

with apples, not fixing trap boxes, the huge ramp-up in item quality across the board, the toggle nerf (and to a far lesser extent the tactics change - though i like that change TBH) and others, they have simplified this game far too much. in catering to morons, theyre making the game too easy to play, and if people want to play an easy-to-learn game with an interface that pretty much requires 4 buttons, they'll play wow.

imbuing is freaking awesome though. they did well with that.

E

Eclipse_TAFE

Buddy I think you are forgetting how I dropped you in about 10secs not too long ago on my scribe. Or maybe you don't consider 1v1 as a fair fight? ^_-
So true. But also look at the template we use. Not really a 1v1 template.. You should always beat me one that.

Perhaps ill fight you again once i finish my new character.

Also. Just a note, you probably used apples and pots in that 1v1. I cant really remember

imbuing is freaking awesome though. they did well with that.
QTF. My suit is completely imbued. And it is great. 100 lrc 40 lmc 40 ep 12 MR 60 dci

E

Eclipse_TAFE

I agree, but I think they need to balance Chiv in a big way. It needs to be more reliant on skill rather than karma. You should need GM Chiv or better to have a 100% success chance for remove curse. Not that it would make much of a difference while there are apples, they should be removed completely.

I like this. It should remove 1 random curse.

It would balance pvp in the game so much. But it wont happen.

E

Eclipse_TAFE

LOL!!!! So its alright for you to play a dismount tamer, but when you get dismount ganked its not right?

Attachments

E

Elwood

...there is no point putting in the time and effort it requires to learn to be good on a mage, when you can just acquire a suit (which is DEAD easy now), a wep and start pvping as effectively as anyone else, with no effort or skill with interface required.

trust me, i know what im doing when i make statements like this.

with apples, not fixing trap boxes, the huge ramp-up in item quality across the board, the toggle nerf (and to a far lesser extent the tactics change - though i like that change TBH) and others, they have simplified this game far too much. in catering to morons, theyre making the game too easy to play...
I don't disagree with this but I have to ask, considering what you have just said, why were you so crap when you returned to the game? From some of your older posts I assumed that you must have been a decent pvper back in the day but when you returned, even after a couple of months to shake off the rust and adapt to the pvp changes, you were still rubbish. :confused:

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't disagree with this but I have to ask, considering what you have just said, why were you so crap when you returned to the game? From some of your older posts I assumed that you must have been a decent pvper back in the day but when you returned, even after a couple of months to shake off the rust and adapt to the pvp changes, you were still rubbish. :confused:
Dal was easily in the top tier of pvpers when UO was actually good and he was probably the smartest player I've pvped with.

I

iddqd

ive pvp'd exactly once since ive played, and played probably a total of about 8 hours in about a month. the last time i played before that was a over a year before. in fact, i only have one useable character atm, and thats a blue spawnbot - which ive messed with the template of since coming back also.

yeah, youve really got a great handle on my pvp skillz from that sample. in fact, i dont even know where you would have seen me - were you one of the 8 guys who got owned by the rons and ash, while i was there being so useless that i was basically fighting for you guys? cos thats the only fight ive had. and from that experience of watching 2 guys conclusively destroy you after your initial little 3 minutes of success, i dont really have much incentive to bother getting back to the sort of level i could.

but thanks for your input. maybe if you trash me some more ill get the incentive.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dal was easily in the top tier of pvpers when UO was actually good and he was probably the smartest player I've pvped with.
Also the biggest rager on the shard (that I have heard anyway). Listening to Dal while he was dueling was so classic... "I CANT LAND A $&#*ING %&*$ POISON #%$@ING HELL!! $&#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Drac's recording of him was priceless. To Dal's credit he was able to laugh at himself after.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also the biggest rager on the shard (that I have heard anyway). Listening to Dal while he was dueling was so classic... "I CANT LAND A $&#*ING %&*$ POISON #%$@ING HELL!! $&#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Drac's recording of him was priceless. To Dal's credit he was able to laugh at himself after.
Nothing wrong with raging, I love it.

I

iddqd

i love a good rage. specially with games.

also id think to my credit, i dont rage at others, just at the game itself or myself. least i dont recall raging at anyone over vent.

ooo, have raged at some trams - though not in vent, just to corn in rl - at a few harrowers and spawns. though i really cant be blamed for it, trust me. SO FRIGGIN FRUSTRATING. it still frustrates me now, just thinking about it.

rage... building...

I

iddqd

plus taking the totally rng-based element out of the crafting process is a good idea, and theyve done it in a great way - rather than making stuff like wow that is complete cookie cutter 'the general's sword' (or whatever) that is identical to everyone else, causing the crafting of the item only to be useful in a skill-gain sense, rendering the craft element of the game almost redundant, they leave the actual item properties up to the player, meaning that there is still uniqueness to the items being built.

the way theyve constructed imbuing as a game mechanic is one of the best things ive seen in MMO development for a long time.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
plus taking the totally rng-based element out of the crafting process is a good idea, and theyve done it in a great way - rather than making stuff like wow that is complete cookie cutter 'the general's sword' (or whatever) that is identical to everyone else, causing the crafting of the item only to be useful in a skill-gain sense, rendering the craft element of the game almost redundant, they leave the actual item properties up to the player, meaning that there is still uniqueness to the items being built.

the way theyve constructed imbuing as a game mechanic is one of the best things ive seen in MMO development for a long time.
I agree with you dal, mostly. The only thing they ****ed up with imbuing is being able to put 255 durability on an item. If an item with 255 durability is looked after, it would outlast the game if it was possible. Perhaps drop it to say 100-150.

E

Elwood

Lol, pet are you obsessed with me or what? You are the first to reply to every one of my posts, even when it has nothing to do with you.

BTW, when you are finished sucking Dal's **** make sure you wipe your chin.

E

Elwood

ive pvp'd exactly once since ive played, and played probably a total of about 8 hours in about a month. the last time i played before that was a over a year before.
That's the time I was talking about, I don't play now, I haven't played in months. You played for a while back then but you didn't improve to the point where I would have considered you even half decent. You were just crap. You did whinge about the pvp changes a lot though, and you like to make excuses.

in fact, i dont even know where you would have seen me - were you one of the 8 guys who got owned by the rons and ash, while i was there being so useless that i was basically fighting for you guys?
You sound like paradox...

but thanks for your input. maybe if you trash me some more ill get the incentive.
i'm not trashing you I'm just giving my opinion. I have no interest in whether you play or not.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, pet are you obsessed with me or what? You are the first to reply to every one of my posts, even when it has nothing to do with you.
Nope. They were talking about imbuing, current pvp and **** which i couldn't talk about since i don't play... you referred to the past so i put my opinion in.

BTW, when you are finished sucking Dal's **** make sure you wipe your chin.
Nah i swallow, don't worry he wont get any on my chin.

I

iddqd

lol dude, ive NEVER played with, against or around you before the other night (which was probably 3 weeks ago now.) so i think youre ****ing confused. i assure you, even at my crappest at the last time i played, idve happily smoked you. my 'crapness' back then (which was before you joined this server) was relative - when you go from being top 5 on the server (back when there were a decent number of pvpers, btw) to not, it means youve become 'crap'.

right now, i havent played in so long that im basically at the same point i was after about 3 months from the first time i started, except i just know more about the game.

so thanks again for your opinion, i see its as worthless as its been made out to be.

E

Elwood

lol dude, ive NEVER played with, against or around you before the other night (which was probably 3 weeks ago now.) so i think youre ****ing confused.
Dal get off the drugs, I haven't played in at least 3 months. Venus owns my old account, he has done since around January, so if you've seen my old chars then he must be still using the account. Feel free to ask anyone in my old guild to verify that. You're right on one thing, we never played together but when you returned to join SSO the first time I fought against you plenty of times, as did all of our other active members at the time, and you were rubbish. Granted you didn't play for a long period but I didn't even see a glimpse of pvp ability.

i assure you, even at my crappest at the last time i played, idve happily smoked you.
Hahaha, come on man you lose all credibility with a comment like that. You were dreadful, only a match for some of our noob members at the time.

my 'crapness' back then (which was before you joined this server) was relative - when you go from being top 5 on the server (back when there were a decent number of pvpers, btw) to not, it means youve become 'crap'.
Why would I care about your pvp skill prior to me joining oceania? (offer more excuses btw...)

right now, i havent played in so long that im basically at the same point i was after about 3 months from the first time i started, except i just know more about the game.
I don't give a **** about how bad you are now or why, just like I don't care about how good you say you were before I joined the shard. The time I have been talking about is when you returned approx a year or so ago as you said.

so thanks again for your opinion, i see its as worthless as its been made out to be.
I am assuming from your reaction that my 'opinion' has dented your pride.... sorry about that.

U

UOPODCASTING.COM

This thread is a testament to the fact time can stand still.

I mean the same people are calling each other the same names and insulting each other with the same insults.

Seeing as you guys seem to be bound together so in-explicitly, you should send each other Xmas cards and have a get together, then you can save the bandwidth and power used create this diatribe.

Anyway, howdy to you all, talk again in another 12 months :D

Oceania

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we are trying to make a book, Oceania PVP History, it's only up to the 4th page now. Please keep up the good work :) more "constructive" feedback please. :fight:

L

LordHammer

LOL !!! Wat a F joke !

Unless in petrify's homemade dictionary ,the word : top = shi t and the word : smartest = dumb est

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL !!! Wat a F joke !

Unless in petrify's homemade dictionary ,the word : top = shi t and the word : smartest = dumb est

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
:gun: Do you ever have anything logical to say, or do you just try and put english together and hope it makes sense?

And wtf is "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"? It sounds like something my 2 year old cousin would say while playing on a swing..

O

Ovrkill

New thread for the new year ????
or you guys want to keep this one alive ?

If you guys want a new thread, send me a pm for suggestions on the new episode title... if you want a poll of any type as well.

E

Eclipse_TAFE

TAFE WILL BE ONLINE TO PVP TONIGHT AT 9:00PM SYDNEY TIME!!!!!!

COME KILL US!!!! OR TRY TOO!!!!!

L

LordHammer

:gun: Do you ever have anything logical to say, or do you just try and put english together and hope it makes sense?

And wtf is "Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"? It sounds like something my 2 year old cousin would say while playing on a swing..
TC rulezzzzzz !!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Out of all the time you're playing UO, 99.99999999999999999999999999% of that time is at luna bank.
Yeah... sure I am, nub. You know it's never wise to use statements that are clearly BS, but you're not wise, so I forgive you.

What is true is that probably 90% of the time I'm in Luna I am AFK or playing a different char somewhere else.

A

Ansidian

Was wondering if it might be possible for the shard's "all time crappest archer" to make a comeback. I've been gone so long, I won't remember anything. Hoping there might be a few old skoolers left from AOD or OPK I remember. I'm seriously contemplating it.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was wondering if it might be possible for the shard's "all time crappest archer" to make a comeback. I've been gone so long, I won't remember anything. Hoping there might be a few old skoolers left from AOD or OPK I remember. I'm seriously contemplating it.
Well archers are the most overpowered template atm, with all the new imbuing changes. Even a 2 year old can kill someone on an archer.

AOD dont exist anymore. And well, OPK dont have the same members anymore. The rons are now associated with their own guild called SSO. And then there are the dregs of the shard who are either in 3T or GIMP(Minax faction guild). These minax players all rely on the dismount tamers, and any other gimplate to get the kill, even when they out number 2:1.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello ladies, what's the word on the street?
Hey mate, nothing really. SSO are back for now. PVP was apparently good up until the rons made gimp'd out archers. With this new expansion, make a perfect mage suit is so ****ing easy.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let the choking begin! ...again! :p

[youtube]QLkiT3XMomI[/youtube]

[youtube]w9G9sQGncjA[/youtube]

[youtube]FCwahG0E9KA[/youtube]
Sneaky, where did the raiders finish last year?

Where did the dragons finish?

Talk to me when the situation is reversed. Hell, when the raiders get into the finals.

EDIT: Look at the hit up in the last video at 0:50. Talk about rage! :D

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sneaky, where did the raiders finish last year?

Where did the dragons finish?
No point in making the finals if you're just gonna choke as the Dragons have done ever since the 70s.

Clog, when did St. George Illawarra (St. Merge) last win a premiership?

When did the Raiders last win?

Talk to me when the situation is reversed. Hell, when the raiders get into the finals.
Sure! Talk to you in September then :p

EDIT: Look at the hit up in the last video at 0:50. Talk about rage! :D
lol, check out 8:00 in the same vid, now that's rage!! :p