• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania PVP Thread - Episode 13 - Unlucky for some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I can vouch for the fact that TB won't loot Factioners.

I have never been killed so politely since Stumpy killed me and stole my boots.

G

Well I just wanted to pass on that Lady Minax has given you all enough of a taste before she claims back what is rightfully hers!

I was the gullable lacky greeting an opposing faction member in Britain!

I had just cleared all the faction guards out of all cities except Britain when I got nailed. My stats were dropped and while waiting for them to return I came back to Brit to poke about. It was then I saw a red character and thought <font color="red">"Well Im safe here in a Guard Zone until my stats return! </font> ...that was until the combo hit me!

Like a newb I ran about screaming out for guards, unable to put up a fight due to the stat loss that still had about 10 minutes left on it.

What can I say? Its time to go red I think! The enemy factions cant pick you without checking the title first.

Still I am wiser now and more than prepared to dish out true punishment to all the lesser factions!

G

Oh dear

Did I ever tell you of the time I energy bolted myself to death in a mock duel in Luna Bank?

I think even the most seasoned Vets forget the basics at times.

Minax is rallying. Some of us have insured our gear ready for battle, others are sharpening their swords, and others still, are co-ordinating their hairstyles with their battle outfits.

Red is the colour of blood. Purple is for ******* and I don't even know what colour the CoMmies are. Pink most likely.

L

Lord ToXeN

<blockquote><hr>

Red is the colour of blood. Purple is for ******* and I don't even know what colour the CoMmies are. Pink most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Purple and gold is for royalty!!

Commies are sky blue, SL are sickly green (and I normally like green).

G

I think we need a Oceania Faction Sticky Thread. Looks like the Factioneers have hijacked the PvP Thread.

L

Lord ToXeN

Look at Garth! One of the faithful guards of Castle British. Does he look like a [censored]?

Garth pwn you! :p

hey thats no fair i get censored haha oh well u know what i meant :p

G

Garth looks like a clunky mumma's boy to me.

I've only ever seen him pooncing around town in his gold armour, trying to pick up barmaids at the Tavern.

G

He'd look better walking, perhaps I will steal his horse, or maybe just his life...

G

I feel your pain, I logged onto one of my reds who I hadnt used in about 2 months and it seems I have different macros on him... Funnily enough Ice Queen wanted to brag about how good he/she was but eh I like watchin people with big heads topple over :p

L

Lord ToXeN

Hehe, OPK has made it to the overall Faction guild kill point ranking page, the only Ocenaian representative in any category (faction guilds kill points, faction players kill points, guilds vet members, warfare ranking) to make it to the game's top 20 overall ranking system.

http://town.uo.com/factions/

We are honored to represent Oceania, and more importantly the True Britannians!

P

PazaOPK

Whoever is using the Guild name The Elite is destroying the name. The Elite used to be one of the best PvP guilds _on any shard_ and the fact that you trammy-fie shows how far this game has become.

The last 9 pages of this thread make me sick. You are all a bunch of carebears who have turned this game and this shard into an UTTER JOKE.

So glad I moved on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Whoever is using the Guild name The Elite is destroying the name. The Elite used to be one of the best PvP guilds _on any shard_ and the fact that you trammy-fie shows how far this game has become.

The last 9 pages of this thread make me sick. You are all a bunch of carebears who have turned this game and this shard into an UTTER JOKE.

So glad I moved on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep on moving and don't let the door hit you on the way out........well done to True Britanians but do not sit to smugly on your throne for I know others have there eye on the prize *smiles*

G

ooooo I was not around when this was but I just stumbled upon it...actually while looking for the different colour fishing nets but I digress.......I found out about Bounties and I say bring them back it is a fantastic idea and would make fel a more interesting place.

BOUNTIES

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

<blockquote><hr>

Who killed Garth

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but he owed me some money from a card game and wouldn't pay up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So glad I moved on.

[/ QUOTE ]
STFU or i'll pick you up by the ankles and shake the change out of your pockets.

L

Lord ToXeN

<blockquote><hr>

ooooo I was not around when this was but I just stumbled upon it...actually while looking for the different colour fishing nets but I digress.......I found out about Bounties and I say bring them back it is a fantastic idea and would make fel a more interesting place.

BOUNTIES

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly they took that out of the game because chopping players heads up to give to the guards didnt quite fit the PG rating that EA wanted (UO was originally an M rated game).

I

That and the system was to easy to game.

People put bounties on your head (which is how it worked, when you died you could elect the amount of gold to go towards the bounty) then the red would let his mate kill him and claim the gold.

So not only did the murder get to murder you, he also got to steal your bounty afterwards as well.

I still think they could code around this and make a playable system.

P

PazaOPK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So glad I moved on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep on moving and don't let the door hit you on the way out........well done to True Britanians but do not sit to smugly on your throne for I know others have there eye on the prize *smiles*

[/ QUOTE ]

Just looking at your sig explains why this game has become so screwed up when it was so good.

I thought I would see how my old shard is doing after being away for 6 months because to be honest I loved the shard but seeing what it has turned into - it is beyond a joke now. You are honestly a bunch of whingers. The fact that you had to read up on factions when its been apart of the game for 7 years is a joke. Just coming to fel now after all this time and thinking you are now a 'PvPer'? Its because ALL the decent PvPers have left which leaves all you PvMers fighting each other and the best of them think they are actually good when they would get floored by ANY HALF DECENT PLAYER.

Join a real shard where there is actual _RISK_ and people to fight if you want to PvP. There are plenty around.

800 + people on at one time compared to 30+ clearly shows what has happened to this once great game - and that is housewives like you wanting to be pampered on.

P

PazaOPK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So glad I moved on.

[/ QUOTE ]
STFU or i'll pick you up by the ankles and shake the change out of your pockets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay newbie. Wait, who are you again?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So glad I moved on.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just looking at your sig explains why this game has become so screwed up when it was so good.

I thought I would see how my old shard is doing after being away for 6 months because to be honest I loved the shard but seeing what it has turned into - it is beyond a joke now. You are honestly a bunch of whingers. The fact that you had to read up on factions when its been apart of the game for 7 years is a joke. Just coming to fel now after all this time and thinking you are now a 'PvPer'? Its because ALL the decent PvPers have left which leaves all you PvMers fighting each other and the best of them think they are actually good when they would get floored by ANY HALF DECENT PLAYER.

Join a real shard where there is actual _RISK_ and people to fight if you want to PvP. There are plenty around.

800 + people on at one time compared to 30+ clearly shows what has happened to this once great game - and that is housewives like you wanting to be pampered on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee wizz I wish, what wife wouldn't want to be pampered??? But I also do not see where you base this idea that I asked to be pampered on not once have I asked for any special consideration or treatment. I also never said I was a PVPer I take part in factions as a mage/thief.

As for me now "JUST" reading up on factions.......did you ever stop to consider I was busy enjoying other aspects of the game and community and just did not wish to associate with people like you so waited for them to leave before venturing to fel?

Just because you PVP or live in fel or play in fel does not mean you have to lack basic respect for other people or behave and talk like an idiot.

I will also repeat for you as you seem to miss it I AM NOT A PVPER I am a factioner just because I post in this thread does not mean I am a pvper it just means I have something to say.

As I said move along keep moving and don't let the door hit you, this "once great" game is still fantastic and alot of people still feel that way just because you don't does not make anyone else less then you, just makes it not the game for you so move on.

As for your mention of my signature I have no idea what you find wrong with that and could care less.........also can we have something new I mean the house wife bashing and the carebear name calling is just old and has lost all meaning or impact...find some new taunts.

F

five oclock

hey paza

hahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahha....

Ok sorry that was funny. I hven't read a thread like that in a long time. Let me say this about the Pvpers of the world out there on this great UO land we share.
Didn't ALL of you start out as newbies in PvP one time or another? or did ya jump in and become a Master PvP over night and kicked everyones butt and then decided to leave when there was no one to kill anymore??? hrm?

On almost ever shard PvPers say..the good ones are gone or there is no one to PvP anymore. Why ya may ask?

Well maybe its because people who never really pvped before Or heard the stories about it decided one day to give it a try. Yeah Im sure they sucked. Like ALL of us did when we got started at pvp. But to suck then be called out saying ya suck is like adding insult to injuryon something we don't know much about yet. Either ya want more people to PvP with or ya just want to complain there is no more pvp anymore. Make up your mind. The days of smack talk are over. As you said yourself the growth is going downhill and getting smaller than a snowball to heck. :p So heres yours choices.

Either 1 help out in PvP. Drop your ego and help out.
2 Whine how there is no more pvp anymore and leave the game and the BOARDS!

Thats about it. There will always be good pvpers. Theres been since day one. there are now. They work there chars they get help. Then they master it. But quit trying to put people down who are TRYING to learn about PvP and factions.

Sorry if your only world revolves around doing champs and trying to OWN a dead shard. For everyone knows if ya OWN the champs ya own the shard. Well guess what. ya can have the dead shard. But quit compliaing...

thank ya

Edit..hey big A
Everyone who plays this game. Ever char has the chance to be a PvPer. heck my miner is a Pvper. he dies alot but he still goes in for the kill. so he gets in one shot then dies still. he is a Pvper. See we got this metal block on whos a pvper and whos a pvmer. But in all honestly. We are ALL pvmers and PVERs. its just our choices we make that make us who we are.....remember that folks
thanks again

I

imported_thenow

The truth is losers like urself don't want new players getting involved with pvp because you are scared that a new player will kick ur butt in the near future. As stated you guys whinge and throw tantrums that no new players are pvping then whinge like a little baby when new players do.
You are the same type that use 3rd party programs and then trash talk how everyone is a skill less newb. lol , the irony.
And if u think pvping is all about trash talking scumbags pking anything that moves, u are the sad one.

G

LOL, I have to laugh at Paradox coming in here talking like he is some kind of PvP god... even your best mates IRL (if they are capable of being anyone's true friend, which knowing what they are like online i doubt very much) laughed about your 'PvP skill.' You always relied on us to heal you and help you get your kills, much like KOV rely on dismounters. All the current members of OMG/PKU (former OPK.) beat you soundly 1v1 from memory.

So before you put others down for their lack of skill, why not look at yourself? Besides by your own admission you don't even play here anymore, so how could you possibly know what current player's skills are?

You say you have moved on from Oceania, then why do you still care enough to come back and post on it's forums? Why not stay on your free shard that you love so much?

Thinking about it now though and going by the comments you have made it actually is not surprising that your mates with the Rons IRL, you suit each other. The only thing is that they are actually half decent PvPers, you are not.

F

five oclock

Lol..Dang I need to find me image of adding fuel to a bonfire

In all honestly tho. Smack talking been going on since day one. I can't remember it being as extreme back then as it is now. but then again there were alot more reasons NOT to be red than there are now..For example for people who say they are old school but have forgoten it...

Ya could NOT buy or sell anything. Remember there was a time when there was NO insurance and plate mail was the best you could get. Maybe just maybe some vendor had one for some out of this world prices but still.

If ya played a mage and ya turned red man ya were in trouble. Where were you going to find regs? they didn't spawn on the ground. There was NO Lrc suits remember folks...Now if ya thinking I put them in me home read on...

You could NOT open your bank box. This might sound pointless now but back in the day you needed KEYS to open your home. Ok if ya got Pked and you had your keys on ya..guess what. The person that killed ya now had your name and your house keys. So they could go in there and loot everything ya had. Trust me there were people who would walk all over brit just trying out house keys. Man the houses I looted LOL. So what did ya do then? put your House keys in your bank box. DOH Im red now I cant get into me home.

Lets not forget being red meant stat loss...no skill gain..and if I remember right ya lost skills too. OMG What would i do if I didn't have 100 magery. WOW my Str has been at 95 for a few days..It was 100 last week wth happened?

Now tho...Reds are the best in the world. Reds have it freaking made! Reds can cast fields and it stops everyone! Reds don't have the restrictions they did back in the day. And people still run from reds..Its like IM red fear me. heck Ya all got it made if ya a red. Its pointless now.

Reds at one time put fear in peoples hearts. Now all the reds are either ganksters or just people trying to raise there ego playing a semi easy class to play. In all honestly..Its sometimes easier to play a red than a blue. SInce ya want to stay in fel anyways...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Didn't ALL of you start out as newbies in PvP one time or another?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but for a lot of us, like myself, when we started out there was no Trammel, it was a much different game back then (better IMO), you got into PvP rather quick. I'm the first to admit though I was a mega noob pre-ren, was still a hell of a lot of fun. After Ren was released I quit the game, and when I returned 2 years later I started a new account, on a new shard, Oceania (used to play Napa).

F

five oclock

aye..I remember that very well....very well....

But now in all honestly..with everything in thy game..Why doesnt everyone play a red? ya just killing pixles..Nothing more nothing less...Got really nothing to lose but gold. but if ya win..man the gold flys in...

Like I said before its now easier playing a red. Big time. Than it was back in the day. Its funny if ya think of it. The easier it got to playing a red..the more smack talk started... Guess they didn't have to worry about looking over there shoulder ever two seconds..

You can relate tho to what Im saying about Reds back then..and reds now. Also lets not forget the Blues who are Pvpers..Who hunted reds..and still hunt reds. In all honestly...Blues might have gotten tram..But they got screwed when it came to PvP...They are more resticted now than anything...

G

I know what your trying to say, and yes in the past it was much harder to play a red, but in no way are blues 'screwed' when it comes to PvP, it is still MUCH easier to play a blue in Fel than a red.

F

five oclock

well the next time ya play a blue and walk into a red Para field :p hehehe I have made many counts doing that back in the day

G

RTLFC

Have you ever noticed that Pvpers fall into a couple of categories

1) PVPers who carry on like 2 year olds chucking a tantrum or adolescents in need of a good smack down. And can not grasp that to put down everyone else is no way to get the changes you want or the attention you seek.

2) Old pvpers who constantly do the "in my day" routine and fail to notice its 2008 time to let go. Sure ask for changes but there are ways to do it.

3) People who want to give it ago, or people who want to breath new life into the pvp community. And can do so while having fun and being respectful.

now call me silly but I feel that only the 3rd on this list is useful. Am I wrong?

*sigh* I am just so over the bull dust and the round and round arguments and pathetic behavior of some people.

F

five oclock

LOL!

Ok I agree with ya..In more ways than one....Yeah but can you ever let go of UO also??? hrm hrm :p ya know I love ya :p

But come on..I dont think Im full of Number 2....

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL!

Ok I agree with ya..In more ways than one....Yeah but can you ever let go of UO also??? hrm hrm :p ya know I love ya :p

But come on..I dont think Im full of Number 2....

[/ QUOTE ]

You have your moments *Laughs hysterically then runs away*

G

<blockquote><hr>

2) Old pvpers who constantly do the "in my day" routine and fail to notice its 2008 time to let go. Sure ask for changes but there are ways to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that people who are passionate about what UO was is a good thing, UO has always been a great game and has been round for such a long time. Everyone has their own bit of UO that they like best, from whatever era. I think that to often these people are ignored, when they have quite good points or reasonable arguments. There is a lot from old UO that modern day UO could look back on, refine and reintroduce into the game (such as bounties).

But like you said, there are ways to ask for changes, rather than being rude and obnoxious like some. Fortunately they no longer play, but unfortunately you don't have to play to post on Stratics... ahh well.

I

<blockquote><hr>

aye..I remember that very well....very well....

But now in all honestly..with everything in thy game..Why doesnt everyone play a red?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you cant pro them doing champ spawns.

Most of my characters are red and I would turn the remaining ones red if it wasn't for the champ spawn pro-ing.

Otherwise I all my PvP characters would be red, as it is Im struggling to keep my spawner blue, because I always attack anyone not in my guild half the time I forget hes blue.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Because you cant pro them doing champ spawns.

[/ QUOTE ]

...also as a red you cannot:

* Use virtues at all
* Use guards on players
* Access all the lands (unless you play Siege)
* Do things that are Trammel rule-set unique; events, doom, etc...

That'll do, those 4 alone are quite big limitations.

The only real advantage to being red is the knowing that killing another player is not going to effect your char as you have already decided to be red. Most chars that are seriously red will be red for the rest of their UO lives, such as Miss Fire Rider who has 518 counts. That many counts would take 20,720 hours or 863 days (2.3 years) of real time logged in 24/7 to work off. Its safe to say that if you didn't want the char anymore rather than work those counts off (which is practically impossible), you would delete the char and start a fresh, it would be much MUCH faster.

G

I disagree here, I didn't fall into any of those categories when I played.

I wasn't a smacktalker, (unless a few certain situations may have called for it), I wasn't an old time player and I didn't PvP to build up the community.

I pvp'd for the fight, I pvp'd to kill people. Ie. The stereotypical Pk. I had no problems running around the dungeons during the virtue armor drop killing "trammys" Depending on the person I had no problems reskilling them either.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I pvp'd for the fight, I pvp'd to kill people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh QFT.

F

five oclock

Use virtues at all
* Use guards on players
* Access all the lands (unless you play Siege)
* Do things that are Trammel rule-set unique; events, doom, etc...

To be honest with ya..alot of Reds

1 dont use guards they just kill themselves

2 Just want to stay in fel

and wish trammy would blow up

but I never understood why they are great pvpers but have all the doom arties

But the whole pvp/pvm world is so complex..maybe thats why thy Devs dont touch it with a ten foot pole..shrugs..But hey its still great that we have a choice to play what we want to play.

G

lol thats always something thats made me laugh.
youd be hard fetch to fine a pvp-er in the game that hasnt pvm'd to get gear. yet they use it as an insult? go figure that out

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol thats always something thats made me laugh.
youd be hard fetch to fine a pvp-er in the game that hasnt pvm'd to get gear. yet they use it as an insult? go figure that out

[/ QUOTE ]

I have always maintained that the best PvPers are also some of the best PvMers too, I know this to be true within my guild at least.

P

PazaOPK

<blockquote><hr>

LOL, I have to laugh at Paradox coming in here talking like he is some kind of PvP god... even your best mates IRL (if they are capable of being anyone's true friend, which knowing what they are like online i doubt very much) laughed about your 'PvP skill.' You always relied on us to heal you and help you get your kills, much like KOV rely on dismounters. All the current members of OMG/PKU (former OPK.) beat you soundly 1v1 from memory.

So before you put others down for their lack of skill, why not look at yourself? Besides by your own admission you don't even play here anymore, so how could you possibly know what current player's skills are?

You say you have moved on from Oceania, then why do you still care enough to come back and post on it's forums? Why not stay on your free shard that you love so much?

Thinking about it now though and going by the comments you have made it actually is not surprising that your mates with the Rons IRL, you suit each other. The only thing is that they are actually half decent PvPers, you are not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ever stop to think that I quit just as AOS came out so i had never played on it before and had to learn the whole system and just could not be bothered hence never tried to get better? Who needed to get better when it was perfectly easy to kill people. Heal me? HA. I heal myself perfectly fine. Thats the only aspect that hasnt really changed.

If you want to come onto the shard I currently play which is very similar to what this game used to be pre-aos and fight me Id LOVE to see how you do. Dont think you would make it very far? I hold my own against people who ping 30 and I ping 300.

The rons are perfectly nice to people IRL if they show even the slightest bit of intelligence. Hear you guys on vent lately? We have to get the bogan dictionary to decipher half the [censored] you dribble.

And if they are 'bad people' why did you stay in their guild for so long? Its because they owned didnt they? So before you start giving [censored] to them think of what they did for you.

P

PazaOPK

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Didn't ALL of you start out as newbies in PvP one time or another?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but for a lot of us, like myself, when we started out there was no Trammel, it was a much different game back then (better IMO), you got into PvP rather quick. I'm the first to admit though I was a mega noob pre-ren, was still a hell of a lot of fun. After Ren was released I quit the game, and when I returned 2 years later I started a new account, on a new shard, Oceania (used to play Napa).

[/ QUOTE ]

If its better, why not play a shard that has that game play? Ill even give you 2 mil to buy yourself a house and get started.

Im pretty sure you wont take me up on my offer. You dont want to challenge yourself. You want to fight people who cant put 2 spells together.

I

For someone that doesn't give [censored] about this shard, you sure have a lot to say.

So why don't you crawl back under the rock you slithered out from and piss off.

F

five oclock

Ever stop to think that I quit just as AOS came out so i had never played

Ok. Seriously man.. AOS came out HOW long ago? Get over it. Ya know to be honest with ya..bury the hatchet and move on. you will feel better
right now you are like stalking the boards
kinda creepy
Move on...

Ponders a new rule..if U haven't played UO by EA games in the last year.....Unless ya coming back to play..don't post your thoughts or ideas no one cares about thy past
hrm...

G

I thought you killed to satisfy your shoe fetish.

Oh well! You live and learn

S

Skizt

I think you guys (Paza you're included) need to head on up to the trammy trash talk thread..

Invading a trammy thread with PVP banter isn't allowed so why bring RP stuff in here? Double standard? or just no standards?

Status
Not open for further replies.