• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania PVP Thread - Episode 13 - Unlucky for some!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

OK, so we've been having a chat to some PvPers who were worried that PvP doesn't get a fair go on these boards. As a result, the moderators have agreed to allow this thread to be stickied so it can serve as the home for PvP talk on this board. Contrary to what many believe, we both understand that PvP is an important part of UO and we're willing to work with you guys as long as you are willing to work with us.

We will allow smack talk (moreso than normal threads that would likely have been locked on the forum), however, please do not get carried away with it.

Now, this thread is aimed to give the 'PvPers' who wish to discuss PvP topics and smack talk a place to do so.
<blockquote><hr>

DO NOT mention anything to do with hacking, third party software, accusations of people using them, exploits &amp; scams. You will get a nice 24 hour ban from this forum if you want to try your luck. This is the only warning you will get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Examples on the Difference between <u>Personal Attacks</u> and <u>Game Smack Talk</u>:<ul>[*]<u>Personal Attacks</u>: Personal insults to get them annoyed and provoking them to attack you, such as "Your a fat housey"[*]<u>Game Smack Talk</u>: Smack talk is putting ones opinions out as to how bad they are and how they cannot pvp or duel; such as "Your shocking on a mage so you can only play overpowered templates."[/list](Thanks to Petrify for the original penning of these two examples.)

<u>Please note</u>:<ul>[*]This is your place to talk about PvP. Any other threads started outside of this one will be Moderated as harshly as all other threads. Best thing is to keep all PvP talk in here.[*]Understand the difference between this thread and normal threads. Just cause you can talk smack in here, doesn't mean you can go to normal threads and do the same to non-PvPers there.[/list]<u>One last thing you should know about the forums here</u>:<ul>[*]If one post gets removed, ALL posts linked to that via replies will also get moved. This means you may come here to see your post removed when it was not offensive. This means you replied to a post that was removed and so yours went as well. Best bet? Reply to the original post (this one) so yours doesn't get accidentally removed as well.[/list]

And lastly: If you can't handle the smack talk, don't come into this thread.

I

imported_JediSith

not unlucky for me as i was born on the 13th...

J

Jalhak

Logged in for the first time in 2 weeks. PvP has picked up but its a disgrace. Fought Wishes and Dervis 2 vs 2 who were camping my house waiting on a res kill I presume. Dervise lasted about 2 seconds and died, and wishes bolts. What amazes me is they both sat there precasting heal yet Dervise managed to die to 2 exp fs. Never seen such slow reflexes and cowardly actions. But to top that after his pathetic death he calls in 2 dismounters and another crap mage. We proceeded to fight 2 vs 5. I died 2 times and my brother died once. However each of those cattle like Kovers died between 1 to 4 times each. But the funniest part is that our only deaths where to a severly outnumbering dismount gank. If all 5 were mages it would have been a clean cut victory with 0 deaths for OPK. KOV you really do suck.

I tried to 1 on1 Wishes. All I have to say is what a lame peice of crap. He doesn't even cast spells, just hits you at 1.5 with a dp kryss with fireball. He swings quicker than you can cast arch cure when hes a mage with no more than 25 dex. Well done OSI you really stuffed up casting and mage ssi. However despite his overpowered template he still sucked. All he did was run as soon as I landed more than 2 spells and would lug pots every second. Congrats Wishes you really are a gutless mole.

I actually logged on because pet icqed me that PKU (ex opk) were camping a choke point with tc vs Pet and his guild of newbies. I logged in and couldn't beleive it. PKU killed a few via zerging, the very thing they use to laugh at TC for. But PKU didn't last long, no match for rons and pet. We then proceeded to fight [1] 4 vs 2. We managed to kill pet, but there were to many they just ressed and repeated. However without their skill less crappy dexer Elwood spamming me with DP and bleed they would have miserably lost 4 vs 2. However we did manage to kill all 4 when we split them up to 3 vs 2. Was funny though without lame Elwoods noob spam I could actually cast and those crappy [1] mages died in seconds. Both [1] and PKU lack any team work. Poor Petrified died 2x 4 vs 2 because his newbies stood their relying on Elwoods spam to stop us casting and are to dull/uncoordinated to x heal. PKU came back and died quickly as well.

Have to say PKU camping a zerg point is low, very low. You had numbers and still did it. Funniest part was once the ex tc cowards died they never returned. Thats true TC. Also was funny to see them all go straight for the Rons over everyone with half of PKU still attacking the Rons. But 1 Ron and Pet synced gobs and more they died in 2 seconds. Thats called teamwork and I don't even need to be in pets vent to do so because he is skilled like cookie and understands selective targeting.

Anways thats my take of last night. OSI has ruined PvP, skill less dexers are completely overpowered to a mage because of the huge casting delays. I doubt it will get fixed, this game will soon to be closed down with the release of Age of Conan.

UO Divinity for the win - real PvP. Not itemed up dexers spamming bs all over you, and zerging is ineffective.

D

Dalecti

actual good mage pvp died AGES ago. it got good again just after they nerfed 4fc until about the samurai expansion and got steadily worse after that, culminating in WoD , and the development of stealth tamer template (the absolute low point in uo - so easy and powerful and requires absolutely no effort whatsoever on the players behalf.

dexers are just not particularly fun to use in pvp. you run around waiting for the server to decide if you win or not - you have almost no agency whatsoever. the only fun ive ever had on a dexer was my spawnbot, and even then that was only at first when the novelty of sitting in the middle of 40 rat mages and being constantly at full health was still funny.

S

Synox55

Yay, I died, 3 more times on top of the numerous times I was killed by either you or your brother! It's not much of an achievement to kill me on my mage anyway. Anyone I fight in Felucca will concur with that.

For the record though, it was 4 seconds after the first explosion (3 seconds after priming your flame strikes).... Ligthen up. It's late at night and I like to mess around.

As for the others that came? Can you imagine what the dialogue was before they came? Maybe something alone the lines of
"ZOMG the twins! They killed me, they killed me! Come kill at their house, quick quiiiiick......!!" ? Not really...
To be honest, neither I nor Wishes said anything in chat. Most people who know me would know I'd like to fight my own battles. Word got around somehow, and those who were on to fight came on their own accord (they all wanted to see you themselves). But don't get me wrong, I'm not doing anyone justice by pretending that I'm all honorable and just. When the fight comes I do what I need to and make do with what / who I got at the time. So let's put this to rest.

I look forward to the next encounter with you two. I'd be happy to fight more 1vs1 or 2vs2. See you in Felucca, if you can be bothered...!

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

Hmm I see you must be off suicide watch to be able to log back into UO again.

Have you managed to convince the nursing staff that your self delusions are just that and they have allowed you to use a computer again.

Well its wonderful to see you might be recovering from the obvious self loathing and delusional depression that inspires you to try and bring other people down. However keep taking the meds and you may one day become a functioning member of society.

Na, then again I doubt it, someone full of that much vile really does not recover to become what society would consider normal.

Have they told you when the lobotomy is scheduled or are they still trying the electro shock treatment? What am I asking you for, you most likely don't even realise it happening with the meds your on.

S

shauno

Have to say PKU camping a zerg point is low, very low. You had numbers and still did it. Funniest part was once the ex tc cowards died they never returned. Thats true TC. Also was funny to see them all go straight for the Rons over everyone with half of PKU still attacking the Rons. But 1 Ron and Pet synced gobs and more they died in 2 seconds. Thats called teamwork and I don't even need to be in pets vent to do so because he is skilled like cookie and understands selective targeting.

All i got to say is LOL
This was the rist fight we've had with (1) that we had more numbers, one more player then them HAHA, and the choke point your talking about and calling us lame was the choke point we had just taken from them, then we get word u two where also coming putting the numbers againts us and we had just feilded when u all returned. So dont go with this bs that tc showing us tactics cuase every fight we have with (1) is more numbers then us and feilds everywhere, taylor and i chassed drag around after killing 3 of the noobs, they got rezed and drac takes us straight back to them 4vs2 and feilded fkn LOL.

S

Synox55

RTLFC

Tonight was the best fighting that I've seen and had in ages. Taren and myself rocked up to Ice East to crash [1] doing a rats spawn. Initially we saw the following:
Frogskin, Galad, Warmongerer, Shiva Me Timbers &amp; SORO MANY SPAWNS.

Taren and I went in and wiped them all out in the initial minute while they were busy with the spawn. Shortly after they came back in the second round we killed them all again between the two of us.

A few minutes pass and they came back for the third round whereby I died and had to find a res. Two more KOV mages joined the fray and we proceeded to dish out some liberal punishment.

This battle see-sawed for about 2 more rounds before we saw Alatriel and SORO, switching to 'Morri Slums It', make their appearance. Admittedly, we got taken out in the initial wave when these two showed up, so it was 6 against us 4 before 1 more KOV came to the battle.

The champ was 1/5 life left and we all proceeded to rush [1]'s party and came out wiping out their entire crew (yes, hard to believe that Alatriel and Slums would fall to some KOV when [1] had outnumbered us).

KOV killed the champ, but there weren't any good scrolls. We stayed around a little longer before we got wasted by [1] when they came back.

All in all, I consider it a small victory on our part given who we were up against. Thanks goes out to [1] and their crew for giving us a great evening of gratuitous bloodshed.

I look forward to our next encounter.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The champ was 1/5 life left and we all proceeded to rush [1]'s party and came out wiping out their entire crew (yes, hard to believe that Alatriel and Slums would fall to some KOV when [1] had outnumbered us).

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually we rushed you while you were camping with EV's where the teleporter drop in is, and it was even numbers. Myself and Drac were on reds the rest of them were on blues doing the spawn yet you blue crashed us (with the exception of the cowardly dismounter and dervis)... Had you all been on reds we would not have died once. And for the record I got dismount ganked and drac didn't have UOA macro's that time we died.

We got 3 scrolls, you got 3 scrolls, we killed you and took the 3 scrolls. I find Taren's teleporting while paraylzed trick quite ironic after all the times of "OMG UR A SPEEDHACKER PET" "OMG U FC HACK" "OMG U LAG HACK" "OMG U USE X BUG". I spose you kovers are so ******** you have to play dismount archers.

On a side not... I laugh at the three TC now in PKU. It's funny how quick they contaminate the PKU as they resorted to camping star room when we had 4, they had 6. The 6 died to 3, while I wasn't there.

G

Btw we had me, drac, galad, shane and warmonger... you had 5 kov. And you used a dismounting [censored] (WHOA I'M [censored] STUNNED, KOV USING A DISMOUNTER TO FIGHT? NEVER!).

S

Synox55

If Drac had his UOA macros disabled, then what about the rest of Oceania?

If I take out Shiva Me Timbers, then yes, it would be 5 on 5.

The 2 blues in my party didn't matter because they gone grey healing us reds.

My interpretation was roughly on the ball. You and Drac died to us, along with your team mates, who died more times than you both.

Come on now, you've got to let the dog have his bone from time to time.

Good fight ok! Many more to come....

I

Hey Dervis.. LIke the guard whack in front of fire when you thought I was dropping a combo on you.

I guess you wont fall for that trick again

S

Synox55

Certainly won't.... I hope!

But better to be a newb than a n00b, if you get my drift?

I

imported_JediSith

What are the main PvP guilds these days? I know KOV and [1] are the main 2.. is OPK still active with the rons?

I

Yeah I get ya drift, glad it was not lost on you the way I said it.. cause falling for that trick was a newb thing to do

One of those DOH moments.

G

8 OMG/PKU + 3 kov got owned by me drac and two rons. triple our numbers and our only deaths were to dismount ganks.

OMG got owned at despise too and cried for using "TC" tactics (which was efeilding the bridge so we could kill the champ).

which is kind of ironic because....

Not only that but 5 [1] were owning 5 OMG... they were house hiding/throwing evs out front ect and still got owned.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey Dervis.. LIke the guard whack in front of fire when you thought I was dropping a combo on you.

I guess you wont fall for that trick again

[/ QUOTE ]

I must admit that was quite funny but I think we all done that at least once.

And yeah finally joined the boards so a big ello to everyone, be gental :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL HK OWN YOU ALL LA

[/ QUOTE ]

I'LL OWN YOU LA, WAIT COME TO FEL TRAMMY :p

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

Before:

After:

....all that is missing is the stealth tamers!!!
hehe... look I can even see Morrigan in both pics...

Anyhow the PvP has been good last few days, ty to all.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe just thought I would clarify that the above post was made in jest :p I don't actually think 1 is TC, from the two screen shots you can actually see stark contrasts in the two, ie:

1 are on reds (except for war) TC on the other hand logged on reds maybe 1 day a year.

no pets for 1, TC had heaps

DISMOUNTERS! Yes 1 has some discounters, but as you can see from the screen shot TC has 4 in that one shot alone, half their number.

Blocking tele to Terra, was not relevant as 1 didn't actually get to kill anyone with this star trap, we came through from despise dead already.

1 does have more fields down though :p

I think I can still see Morri in both shots though, shes the one on the ethy horse (in both shots)

In short, I have more respect for 1 as PvPers than I did for TC (see reasons above). They may not return that respect, some may, who knows.

I

We love you too Sneaky.

I do think you guys have more dismounters than us. We have Zen as you guys have More, Elderballs and one other i can't think of.

The PvP has been good lately and last nights 5 on 5 was some of the best, mainly because KOV didn't show up and it was red versus red without any lame dismounting stealthers, well most of the time.

As soon as KOV show it always turns to [censored] because they have half a dozen dismounters and without them there hopeless. Plus half of KOV are blue and therefore hug the GZ.

D

dum3886

kov has been ruining pvp for ages... i quit uo bcz of kov, they grabbed EVERY pvper they could and made the shard so unbalanced... sif grab half of tc when ur guild already has more pvpers then any other guild. At that point kov had 70-ish% of pvpers... opk had about 3-4 active.. my ROFL had about 3-4 i think... only pvpers i had respect for in kov... dunno if they r still in r. Dervis, Chom (he may use "special tools"... i dunno) but at least he fights outnumbered.. and wishes too.. same reason as chom. The rest r just cowards who wait stealthed then once someone is dismounted they concussion blow spam... Skill Galore. Ever wondered why Jezza etc.. left ur guild for mine?

I admit "some" my character was a bit gimp (nush mama/nushpapa) but then again it was only me and llama against 4+ people half the time so can't really use that excuse on me :p I was only adapting to the enviroment around me
... once i had afew more people in my guild i made a mage Mignon (shuriken thrower wrestling mage)
Darwin's theory... survival of the fittest must adapt ^^

D

dum3886

Hello jezza long time no see :p.. i might reactivate for a month to bank my [censored].. dunno yet haaha i'll come give u a good arse whipping if i do tho
See how my little ones have grown up since i have been gone :p better be better then b4 or u'll have disappointed me :p

I enjoy how u use my quote as ur signature.. i feel honoured

G

NUSHLA!

BOUT TIME!

What u were saying above about kov taking half of tc and zerging it up was so true and was absolutley ridiculous, totally ruined what was left of the pvp at the time and the way they did there powerscroll system was ridiculous aka 'FARM MANY SCROLL FOR LEADERS BANK BOX LA' system sucked balls.

anyway, get on ur mage nush and join me

D

dum3886

OK LA I"LL TRY D/L UO AGAIN LA!!!... during off peak period
... sif waste my d/l cap on uo ARHAHHAHA man setting up my mage again :p sif make me do that gotta make shurikens poison then set up macros :p gzzzz

still got icq btw? I havn't been online since i quit uo hehe.. im on today tho
why do all uo people want to use icq friken old. i used it when i was in year 3-4 (i think?) and im in third year uni now gzzzz

i'll prolly only activate for a month tho... gonna c how warhammer online is like... made by EA mystic.. im dun have much confidence but hey no harm in trying yeah
?

G

yeah i was interested in warhammer for a while but AoC looks far better

edit* also, i don't know about anyone else but GTA IV on PS3 looks HAWT

G

In response in Sneaky, I got restecpa for you, especially seeing as Im yet to get ya 1v1. And I did give ya a hand to fight off 4-5 KOV until Dragod turned up but even 2v5 we were droppin them.

I agree that pvp has become more active and fun, fel gets rather lonely with nobody in it....

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hehe just thought I would clarify that the above post was made in jest :p I don't actually think 1 is TC, from the two screen shots you can actually see stark contrasts in the two, ie:

1 are on reds (except for war) TC on the other hand logged on reds maybe 1 day a year.

DISMOUNTERS! Yes 1 has some discounters, but as you can see from the screen shot TC has 4 in that one shot alone, half their number.

Blocking tele to Terra, was not relevant as 1 didn't actually get to kill anyone with this star trap, we came through from despise dead already.

I think I can still see Morri in both shots though, shes the one on the ethy horse (in both shots)

In short, I have more respect for 1 as PvPers than I did for TC (see reasons above). They may not return that respect, some may, who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHHAHA, DID YOU TOTALLY IGNORE MY PICTURE? LOL.

P.S we were trying to flush out a stealther (notice all the poison fields?).

Hmm what's worse...

or

By the way... your calling us TC... when you have guilded 4 members of TC? Man your [censored] dumb.

G

lol btw, look at how many poisons i resisted in that picture i took... [censored] im leet.

G

Quoting the following for petals benifit as he seems to of forgotten how to read and just looks at the pretty pictures.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

I find Taren's teleporting while paraylzed trick quite ironic

[/ QUOTE ]

Learn how to use game mechanics to your advantage and maybe you wont look the complete dope.

Little sore 2 of us took 5 of you out?
Twice?

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

By the way... your calling us TC... when you have guilded 4 members of TC? Man your [censored] dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*sigh*

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ta Shane and Sept

Im just glad to have some more action goin on in Fel, is good to see, OMG PKU is goin really well, starting to dominate again
hehe

It also makes for some quite interesting PvP when there is more than two sides in the fight (eg 1 vs KOV vs OMG), which hasnt really happened for awhile (was just OPK vs KOV really for a long time).

D

Dalecti

"Learn how to use game mechanics to your advantage" - otherwise known as an 'exploit'.

what youre doing is an exploit and no different to someone duping gold, artifacts or -gasp- precious deco rares. but whatever dude, im sure youve rationalised it to yourself.

*cue lame SDK comment*

G

<blockquote><hr>

what youre doing is an exploit and no different to someone duping gold, artifacts or -gasp- precious deco rares.

[/ QUOTE ]

Na it's not.
It is using a ingame item the way it was designed to be used.
I have no idea how to dupe but I know for a fact that there is no ingame item when used as it was designed will dupe something.

Back up your statement with some proof or at least some intelligence.

D

Dalecti

nice try, but you know perfectly well that i am talking about a method of game-play behaviour whereby one gets an advatage of some sort by - as you put it "using game mechanics to your advantage".

what is this mysterious item, that allows you to bypass another items intended property?

you realise that a trap-bag script to circumvent paralyse is/was also against the rules, but was "using game mechanics to your advantage".

like i said though, im perfectly sure youve rationalised it completely to yourself.

G

<blockquote><hr>

what is this mysterious item

[/ QUOTE ]

Teleporting ring.

<blockquote><hr>

that allows you to bypass another items intended property?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunno exactly what you mean there.
Teleporting while para'd has always been possible via a tele ring.

<blockquote><hr>

you realise that a trap-bag script to circumvent paralyse is/was also against the rules, but was "using game mechanics to your advantage".

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't use em.

Now you still going to tell me I'm exploting?

G

I will have to agree with you taren *feels dirty* when beaver was a stealther i made use of teleport and invis items, i preferred boots or sashes didn't have to remove anything that way.

Would still use them if i could be bothered doing the idocs to find them lol.

G

Actually I was able to recreate your method without using a teleport item (took me literally 15 seconds), who's to say your not doing it?

G

So you were exploting?

Why would I do something that would threaten my account?
Especially when I can do it with items already in game?

I know what I'm doing, the people who's opinions I care about know what I'm doing. Thats more than good enough for me.

D

Dalecti

<blockquote><hr>

So you were exploting?

Why would I do something that would threaten my account?
Especially when I can do it with items already in game?

I know what I'm doing, the people who's opinions I care about know what I'm doing. Thats more than good enough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough.

G

Damus Damus Damus *shakes head*

Do you not know the meaning of a 1v1 duel? ITs not complicated, you have ONE person on each side and generally you agree to start at the same time, ie with a wall etc. And to ask me to come out and "duel" you "1v1" and then instantly start dumping on me the second you see me and have a stealth dismounter try dismount is also pretty lame. Even more so that I still didnt die from your pathetic little scheme.

You talk it up from your precious little guard zone about 1v1 but cant back it up, then i go get regs after you killed me, when i client crashed mind you, and come back to find out you ran off home and logged out. Good duel, that mean I win by default?

D

Dalecti

"Do you not know the meaning of a 1v1 duel? ITs not complicated, you have ONE person on each side and generally you agree to start at the same time, ie with a wall etc. And to ask me to come out and "duel" you "1v1" and then instantly start dumping on me the second you see me and have a stealth dismounter try dismount is also pretty lame. Even more so that I still didnt die from your pathetic little scheme."

hahahaha awesome

D

dum3886

QUestion to u pvpers... is it worth reactiviating my account to bank my items.. or do u think UO will be dead within ooo... the next yr :S?

My suit took me like over to get my suit to where it was when i left. So yeah would be a pancake to go idocing again just to find enough cash to get barbed kits/ doom arties.. oo AND the MANY MANY hrs at strong boxes "the horror the horror"

Note: i have a month b4 my house collapses as long as the idoc law is still 3 months before houses on inactive accounts collapse &gt;&lt;

D

dum3886

wish i kept my cds lol if i wanna activate i have to d/l uo gold age and update it lol grrrr.... my download limit (part)... WASTED on this horrid game hehe &gt;&lt;

Status
Not open for further replies.