• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hide n Seek on store lots

I

imported_Qute Pi

we can still make cc boxes for show...or to confuse ppl.
Hint: I'm hiding in the box with the words on the side...
Now that will get us some visitor hours...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

EXCELLANT idea!!!

G

Every lot I went to only had less than 3 ppl. I was really disappointed!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea but you can't hide under cc

G

mee toooo!!! I looked in TC where did you look? Maybe they finally got "busted".

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea but you can't hide under cc

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I know that, I was responding to someone else telling me we can't hide under cc.

G

lol
sorry

(I think I just got busted... As not bothering to flip to the previous page and read it all...
)

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol
sorry

(I think I just got busted... As not bothering to flip to the previous page and read it all...
)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that any of the rest of us have ever been guilty of that.......*shifty eyes*

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

lol
sorry

)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that any of the rest of us have ever been guilty of that.......*shifty eyes*

[/ QUOTE ]

*looks around* no way!
hehe

O

oXTheSicknessXo

Honestly, I think they should disallow hide n seek on shops

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I can't believe you people don't...oh look over there- a bird!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Oooooo
Pretty bird!

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...how about this...you try running a shop...by yourself like I do....wait for someone to HOPEFULLY stop by to buy something....or just to pop in. Then and only then can you pass judgment on the hiding issue. I'm sorry, but I'm not about to sit on my lot without hiding while I wait for the possibility of someone coming by just because you don't like people hiding in their store.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...how about this...you try running a shop...by yourself like I do....wait for someone to HOPEFULLY stop by to buy something....or just to pop in. Then and only then can you pass judgment on the hiding issue. I'm sorry, but I'm not about to sit on my lot without hiding while I wait for the possibility of someone coming by just because you don't like people hiding in their store.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I don't agree with 10+ hiding sims for hours, I do agree with 1 or 2 hiding sims while you keep your property open.
I agree if you haven't made an attempt at running a store, you should try it. It is very boring, and how many times can you green yourself before you get bored with greening yourself. lol. Eventually you just...hide.

G

I could care less about a few hiders, but when it says there are 26 simatars on the property, and I am the only person to be seen upstairs or down, that's a little off, IMHO.

Besides, if The Powers That Be didn't want us to have any fun, there would be no "SEEK" button to go with the "HIDE."

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I could care less about a few hiders, but when it says there are 26 simatars on the property, and I am the only person to be seen upstairs or down, that's a little off, IMHO.

Besides, if The Powers That Be didn't want us to have any fun, there would be no "SEEK" button to go with the "HIDE."

[/ QUOTE ]

Zact;y!!! I share your opinion 100% I even went and played hide and seek at 3am this morning. I did find one but as soon as he appeared he vanished. I don't know if there's a program that they use to keep them hidden but whenever i've hidden, it takes a few seconds to rehide.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have owned a shop in the past, and I have just today turned down an opportunity to roomie at a store simply because I refuse to be bored *AND* I refuse to cheat to not be bored. If you wanted to, you could do the same and sell what you have to sell through your sim bio and word of mouth like other people do who feel that way. I have had it up to my eyeballs with people playing the victim/martyr card talking about how things are SO bad and SO difficult to do this or that. If it's difficult and you're not up to the challenge then DON'T DO IT. If you choose to continue to do it then do it right and don't complain about how hard it is. WHY is that so hard????

G

<blockquote><hr>

OK...how about this...you try running a shop...by yourself like I do....wait for someone to HOPEFULLY stop by to buy something....or just to pop in. Then and only then can you pass judgment on the hiding issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woot!
I can pass judgement on you all

Nah but seriously, I don't hide, I skill and then green and when I hear the doorbell I turn to the screen and say hello. Suppose I'm one of the few then. Got to 20 cooking today so gonna be some yummy burgers over at my house.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have owned a shop in the past, and I have just today turned down an opportunity to roomie at a store simply because I refuse to be bored *AND* I refuse to cheat to not be bored. If you wanted to, you could do the same and sell what you have to sell through your sim bio and word of mouth like other people do who feel that way. I have had it up to my eyeballs with people playing the victim/martyr card talking about how things are SO bad and SO difficult to do this or that. If it's difficult and you're not up to the challenge then DON'T DO IT. If you choose to continue to do it then do it right and don't complain about how hard it is. WHY is that so hard????

[/ QUOTE ]

For the LAST time, I AM doing it right...HIDING is NOT against the TOS. I don't override the system to avoid getting timing out. THOSE are the people you should be concerned about. And btw, if you'd bothered to read my sim's bio, you'd see that I AM advertising in my bio. But I give up arguing with you. Obviously you know everything and are the ONLY person playing right. So I'll make you a deal...I won't tell you how to do things if you won't tell me.

G

<blockquote><hr>

So I'll make you a deal...I won't tell you how to do things if you won't tell me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, here's the deal, you stop defending what you do to the ground as *right* and you won't get people over and over again telling you that it isn't. And the fact that there are other people in this very thread that agree tells me that it's not just a matter of 'me being the only one who plays right'.....but I guess you overlook the rest and just attack what I said because I am the most vocal about it and because I won't stop campaigning for what is fair in the game for everybody involved. Might as well use the ignore feature if you feel that way, because I'm not going to change my opinion. Things got this far out of whack for two reasons. One, we were abandoned by the devs for so many years and two, we as a community allowed it to happen. The first part is already starting to change, and I'm gonna damn well do my part to make sure the second part changes too.....and those who agree can do the same thing, those that don't are free to disagree but the one thing they won't be able to do is get people to stop standing up for the right thing.

ETA: I'm no threat to you any way you look at it anyway since you play primarily in EA Land and I play almost exclusively in TC3, so come to think of it, the fact that I am vocal about this issue shouldn't bother you in the least.

I

imported_fajjaa

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

So I'll make you a deal...I won't tell you how to do things if you won't tell me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, here's the deal, you stop defending what you do to the ground as *right* and you won't get people over and over again telling you that it isn't. And the fact that there are other people in this very thread that agree tells me that it's not just a matter of 'me being the only one who plays right'.....but I guess you overlook the rest and just attack what I said because I am the most vocal about it and because I won't stop campaigning for what is fair in the game for everybody involved. Might as well use the ignore feature if you feel that way, because I'm not going to change my opinion. Things got this far out of whack for two reasons. One, we were abandoned by the devs for so many years and two, we as a community allowed it to happen. The first part is already starting to change, and I'm gonna damn well do my part to make sure the second part changes too.....and those who agree can do the same thing, those that don't are free to disagree but the one thing they won't be able to do is get people to stop standing up for the right thing.

ETA: I'm no threat to you any way you look at it anyway since you play primarily in EA Land and I play almost exclusively in TC3, so come to think of it, the fact that I am vocal about this issue shouldn't bother you in the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first line on my stores bio page says that Greg says that AFK stores are not illegal. Oh well, huh ? I was in the room when he typed it. So guess what? If Im at my store, I will more then likely be afk.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

The first line on my stores bio page says that Greg says that AFK stores are not illegal. Oh well, huh ? I was in the room when he typed it. So guess what? If Im at my store, I will more then likely be afk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Case closed, mystery solved! And for the record, except for a few minutes here and there, I am NOT AFK when in hiding.

I

imported_Fire Dragon

TTL

I have a shop. I have a few of my accounts there.. But the only time i've hidden is when i wanted to stay green for the factory job. Was amusing to read an IM from someone yesterday saying, there is a sim called such and such who is going around trying to find ppl.. I turned around and said, well, that won't be too hard, we are all here.. So, sorry to 'such and such' if we didn't play your game. I prefer to be skilling whilst my simmies are there, not hiding.

However, I do not agree to the post about them taking out hide and seek in stores, if they are going to remove it, it should be taken out of the game altogether. Mind you, those stores that have 2 dozen sims hiding, is not something that i would feel comfortable doing myself, but it's not for me to make comment on.

If the dev's are going to do something, I would like them to boost skilling in every catergory, not just skill houses, when they put on their speed skilling..

ETA: oh yeah
for the record, i do go afk, ya see, i have this nasty nicotine addiction, that sends me outside for a few mins fairly often..

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just wondering what you meant by cheating? Hiding?

V

vapd3317

TTL

I hide at my store but im not AFK. I don't chat unless someone else starts the conversation (no, I dont greet, but will say hello and/or welcome if someone enters and says anything first)

Just to make you happy (CB) since you so vehemently believe that It is cheating to hide. I invite ALL of EAland to play hide and seek with me. Come find me. There, now its a game. Anyone who can find me in my hiding place gets a free simmie crafted plasma TV ;-)) It won't be easy....muahahahahaha.

I hide, therefore I am. If I wasn't, I would be logged off and therefore wouldn't be. So to be or not to be?.... I will be, because I will not be. But I could be if you found me.

ETA: while supplies last of course....which will inevitably be a very very very very *sigh* very long time.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

I was just wondering what you meant by cheating? Hiding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it does look like she is saying hiding is cheating. Funny, she is complaining about that when the bigger issue is overriding the time out. THAT is cheating. I find it amusing that this is such a big deal. I mean, who cares what we do in our own properties when no one else is around. Now if I was hiding and ignoring people, that I could understand people complaining about. But when people come, I always come out of hiding....unless I am AFK, and that is usually only for a few minutes. I've even been known to close the property while I'm AFK just so I won't have to hear people complaining about it.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Case closed, mystery solved! And for the record, except for a few minutes here and there, I am NOT AFK when in hiding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't pay attention to someone who calls everyone and everything cheaters if they don't agree with her opinions. She bumps heads with more people in stratics then the amount in this thread who disagree with you. If she can show me written proof that hiding is cheating I will then and only then change my opinion. My guess is that there are alot more people hiding then not and if she wants to call us all cheaters that's fine, it don't hurt my feelings one bit considering the source. The true reason TSO was going down was due to boredom, ask around and you'll see. I hide and go AFK and that's my rightful choice. Anyone who doesn't like it, shop elsewhere. Oh, before the goddess rips this reply to shreads let me mention, I am opposed to hiding several avatars and I am opposed to circumventing the time-out feature. I'll go along with Vapd3317, come find me and get a new plasma TV. Now the game is on !!!!!

ETA" while supplies last

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

I hide at my store but im not AFK. I don't chat unless someone else starts the conversation (no, I dont greet, but will say hello and/or welcome if someone enters and says anything first)

Just to make you happy (CB) since you so vehemently believe that It is cheating to hide. I invite ALL of EAland to play hide and seek with me. Come find me. There, now its a game. Anyone who can find me in my hiding place gets a free simmie crafted plasma TV ;-)) It won't be easy....muahahahahaha.

I hide, therefore I am. If I wasn't, I would be logged off and therefore wouldn't be. So to be or not to be?.... I will be, because I will not be. But I could be if you found me.

ETA: while supplies last of course....which will inevitably be a very very very very *sigh* very long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, sure make that offer now that I already bought a plasma TV. Can I have it's worth in cash instead?

V

vapd3317

LOL TK....trust me, its worth more as the object. The value is non-existent to me as I give them away randomly anyway

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

Don't pay attention to someone who calls everyone and everything cheaters if they don't agree with her opinions. She bumps heads with more people in stratics then the amount in this thread who disagree with you. If she can show me written proof that hiding is cheating I will then and only then change my opinion. My guess is that there are alot more people hiding then not and if she wants to call us all cheaters that's fine, it don't hurt my feelings one bit considering the source. The true reason TSO was going down was due to boredom, ask around and you'll see. I hide and go AFK and that's my rightful choice. Anyone who doesn't like it, shop elsewhere. Oh, before the goddess rips this reply to shreads let me mention, I am opposed to hiding several avatars and I am opposed to circumventing the time-out feature. I'll go along with Vapd3317, come find me and get a new plasma TV. Now the game is on !!!!!

ETA" while supplies last

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww..another plasma give away?
I'll take something decorative for room score instead.
Come to my store sometime...maybe you'll find something you can use...or at least buy it and re-sell it?
Only got $450 to my name right now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I'll go along with Vapd3317, come find me and get a new plasma TV. Now the game is on !!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh sounds like a good game !

Btw, is it pink and does it have a remote control?

Polly

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ETA" while supplies last

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww..another plasma give away?
I'll take something decorative for room score instead.
Come to my store sometime...maybe you'll find something you can use...or at least buy it and re-sell it?
Only got $450 to my name right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have some decorative items you can have and also some CC. I have to buy everything I see thats pretty and I didn't realize how much I really bought LOL. Store owners love me hahahaha.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

I'll go along with Vapd3317, come find me and get a new plasma TV. Now the game is on !!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh sounds like a good game !

Btw, is it pink and does it have a remote control?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, well that item don't but I could probably find something in pink. LOL, I bought tons of the CC roses in pink, red maroon and if they'd had em in multi colors I probably would of gottem them too LMBO.

T

TKSpeedy1

Pink? No, no...PURPLE!
And yeah, I'm with Polly...I'd need a remote.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Link, or it didn't happen.

Seriously, word of "mouth" in-game does not count any more than it counts for contracts in real life. Until the Terms of Service are changed, circumventing timeout is a ToS violation. Hiding is not a ToS violation, regardless of the reason. Neither is being AFK, as long as you are physically present to click the "I'm Back" button. Using any means to prevent your sim from timing out without your actually being there to interact with the game is a ToS violation.

Think about it this way: You cannot discuss methods for circumventing timeout here on Stratics. Think about why.

G

I have no problems going into a store and finding the owner or roomie AFK. I do however have a problem going into a store and finding 10 or 20 people AFK! But thats just IMO...and I know alot of people on these boards could care less what my opinion is...
and thats all good because we are all entitled to our opinion and thats what makes each one of us differant..it does not make me better than you or you better than me. It just makes for some interesting forums. Think how BORING these message boards would be if we all agreed on everything! Every thread..Yep, Uh-huh, exactly..I agree..BORING!

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

I have no problems going into a store and finding the owner or roomie AFK. I do however have a problem going into a store and finding 10 or 20 people AFK! But thats just IMO...and I know alot of people on these boards could care less what my opinion is...
and thats all good because we are all entitled to our opinion and thats what makes each one of us differant..it does not make me better than you or you better than me. It just makes for some interesting forums. Think how BORING these message boards would be if we all agreed on everything! Every thread..Yep, Uh-huh, exactly..I agree..BORING!

[/ QUOTE ]

And I agree with you...10-20 on a lot is ridiculous. BUT what I'm trying to say is that those 10-20 people who are constantly AFK are not doing so just by hiding. If you hide, you will eventually time out. What they are doing is finding a way around the time out feature. THAT is the big no-no. But for some reason, everyone is hung up on hiding instead of the real issue. That is the point I've been trying to get through to certain people's skulls, but it doesn't seem to work.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you comment 100%. I think the sad part of it is that some people get very disrespectful if you don't agree with them and then take their comment and criticize the person for it. IMHO I think that is the same as trying to strip someone of their right to post here. There's only a small percentage of those people here but even one is too many really. Getting back to the thread though, I think the hiding feature is nice especially for store owners who sit at the houses for hours at a time alone except for the visitors that stop by because it's impossible to green up your social unless you have a pet. That's just me though. Also I wanted to say that your post was very well written and true. Thanks for posting it.

T

TKSpeedy1

Sometimes it is such a long time between visitors that I actually start dozing off IRL.
And half the time, when I go AFK for even 2 mins, that's when someone shows up. Right now I'm hiding because all my greening stuff is broke.

W

Whitilicious 07'

BRAVO ! I agree 100% some ppl feel the need to write a book on every post , and do u notice it is never a POSITIVE reply its always NEGATIVE .How in the world do they have time to play the game , And the whole post is based on this ( What is your input on seeking the hidin store avatars?) So you give your opinion and why , and low and behold you get called a cheater because you hide 1 sim .

A

AmethystMoon

I just have this to add to the conversation...

I live in 3 different shops and usually run them all at the same time. I hide because living in a shop can be very , very boring. I can't skill fast enough for it to be worth the amount of time it takes to green back up.

I came back to Sim... er EAland for the custom content feature and I'm having a BLAST with it. When I'm running my shops I'm usually in graphics programs making more (I just learned how to make Custom Sculptures and that's a lot of detail work). Add to that the following facts...

1. I play in European times and thus I suspect there are a lot less people around then later on when I'm asleep.

2. Day after day, hour after hour I make sure that I greet people as soon as I see them. I am often ignored, but even if someone does say Hi back or TY that's the extent of the conversation. As I'm broke from uploading CC I couldn't buy them anything they wanted even if they asked anyways lol

3. I have a husband, a job, 3 children, a big house, and some pets thrown into the mix lol If I'm afk dealing with them , I should hope people would understand that's more important than watching someone enter my lot, buy a vase of flowers and leave again.

4. You can NOT cheat by using an option they gave us in game. If they didn't want to give us an option of hiding and not losing our green, it wouldn't be in game.

5. Using another program to keep your sims online past the time out IS cheating.

So if I add all the above points together, no one ever will be able to make me feel guilty or wrong for hiding in my own shop. =)

G

Every since they implemented the hide and seek option sims..err avatars as you put it (lol) have been using that feature to stay green by hiding while they wait for the rest of their pizza team to finish greening.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Link, or it didn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFFT/e!!!!! All you guys who are counting on what may or may not have been said in the Town Hall as gospel are gonna feel really silly when they change their minds and recant what they said just as they did with rethinking the anniversary object thing....or when you get busted ANYWAY despite what they said. You'd think people would know by now how many times people have gotten suspended and/or banned over doing things that were in the 'gray' area of the ToS. Erring on the side of caution seems to be a thing of the past.

And TK, I realize that overriding timeout is a bigger issue, I jumped on your back because you jumped on mine. This happened in the last thread about this and the one before that too. Not jumping to the defensive for doing something that you're not actually doing would lead to alot less drama on the boards in general....foreign concept, I'm sure, but it's true.

As always Katheryne = wise.

A

Anarela

sorry if I interrupt here... but I think that you both are doing the same thing, over and over... someone has to be more mature and stop jumping to the defensive every time this subject comes along

I hide in my store... very seldom, I usually am skilling and time out tons of times

But I do understand those that hide, and those that think that is wrong... It's just one of those things that happen, not one can be right, not one can be wrong, it is a half truth... it is what humans call.... ambiguous...

I, as a sim... feel that we ought to play as we wish... as long as we don't trespass on the rules...

G

Just like in real life, if you don't like the policies of a store (or any lot for that matter) then don't go there. If enough people refuse to spend their money or visitor hours at a certain store, then trust me the offending policies will change or the store will go out of business.

Personally the hiding behavior doesn't bother me unless it's more than two or three at a time. Going afk doesn't bother me either as long as it's brief and rare. Lately whenever I enter a store I greet the owner or roommate and then wait a couple minutes. If they don't respond then I am taking my business elsewhere. I've also stopped even going stores that have a large visitor number because most likely they're all afk alternates. Some of my best shopping experiences have been at lots on the bottom of the top 100 list.

I'm sure all of us have been guilty at one time or another of being afk too long or some other social faux pas in the game. I think it would be more prudent to try to figure out ways to make the game better instead of arguing. What can we do to combat afk? How do we discourage unfairly inflating the visitor hours of a store by hiding dozens of sims? Every individual has the right to play the game however they choose, but the group as a whole defines what is popular and what is not.

I

imported_fajjaa

Whatever you want to call it, how ever you want to spell it. My sim at my store will be hiding and afk. Until the dev teams wipes out the store catagory from the game, I will take Gregs word (typing) as the law has spoken. Whats the problem, their working on a plan for stores to be open without us even being present...is that going to be cheating.

You dont have to look very hard to realize the store catagory is paying a nice little chunk to keep this game alive. I think the stores and their hidden sims need a little thank you, if you ask me.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Link, or it didn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFFT/e!!!!! All you guys who are counting on what may or may not have been said in the Town Hall as gospel are gonna feel really silly when they change their minds and recant what they said just as they did with rethinking the anniversary object thing....or when you get busted ANYWAY despite what they said. You'd think people would know by now how many times people have gotten suspended and/or banned over doing things that were in the 'gray' area of the ToS. Erring on the side of caution seems to be a thing of the past.

And TK, I realize that overriding timeout is a bigger issue, I jumped on your back because you jumped on mine. This happened in the last thread about this and the one before that too. Not jumping to the defensive for doing something that you're not actually doing would lead to alot less drama on the boards in general....foreign concept, I'm sure, but it's true.

As always Katheryne = wise.

[/ QUOTE ]

CB, I don't could care less what they said in town hall. If you can show me documented proof that hiding is against any rules except yours I will be more then happy to change my way in the game, also the same with being AFK. You are still insinuating that the people here are doing a bad thing. Why? Because you don't like it. Everyone here so far, has stated that they do not use a second party feature to avoid the time out, so what are you talking about? I would guess if you reread all the post in this thread, you'd see that the majority are using the hide feature and going AFK. And even though I think its disgusting, can you tell me why in the world the lots hiding the congregations in their homes, for appx. 23 hours a day are still here? Why haven' penalties been brought against them by EA??? As far as TK goes from what I read was only giving her opinion and until she came under attack by yours. You don't rule over this forum, you aren't even a MOD and each of us here has every right like you to state how we feel without coming under attack by you.

W

Whitilicious 07'

I agree , In almost all threads Cb is ATTACKING someone because of thier beliefs .... I'm getting really sick of it myself , i log on to see whats new and bingo there she is attacking someone , this is harrassment , Cb you dont just give your opinion you blast anyone that doesnt share yours . Lets all just ignore her , she has nothing better to do then stir the pot and watch it boil . The mods need to address this . She is getting out of hand on ALL threads .