• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hide n Seek on store lots

I

imported_Danny Dots

If I went to a store with 16 people hiding then I would seek them.

If there was only one person hiding then I wouldn't.
I would expect they are afk for a little bit and I would want to respect that.

Isn't the point of hiding to be found anyway, lol?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I assumed that "bypassing" the timout feature of the game would be considered an exploit, regardless of how you do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Everybody knows how that is done, but it is still an exploit just like any other exploit that has gone on. And I agree that the enforcement of this exploit has been lax, but that does not in my mind mean that it isn't considered an exploit, it is just that it is lower on the totem pole than others....nevertheless, an exploit is an exploit until the written ToS is modified to reflect that it no longer is. If you do 80 mph through a stop sign or a red light and you don't get in a wreck or stopped by a cop, it doesn't mean you didn't do anything wrong, it means you lucked out and didn't get caught.

G

The Terms of Service sets out the rules....and they don't make exceptions for mechanical failure. Overriding the time-out feature is not allowed, until and unless they change the Terms of Service.

The Time-Out features are in online games for a purpose, it is specifically designed to keep inactive accounts from clogging the servers and adding to the lag.

Since we still have lag, it would seem that the system is still necessary.

I

imported_SimTripps

I'm at a property right now where the house bio states, 'Hide feature should be for roomie only, make them green!'. Meanwhile the store has 18 hiding sims in it LOL!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

While shopping the other day I came into a store with 16 visitors, there was a 1 day old sim there running around seeking everything to find hidin sims, lol there was probally 12 sims standing around that have been found, he was asking sims on the way in to help him find everyone, and already had a few helpers lol.

I could not help but bust out with laughs, wether it was a new sim or experienced he was doing one fine job running around finding everyone, and being a store roomie myself I know its a pain having to green your sim when working on store/CC/whatever but i agree that something has to put a end to 16+ hiding sims on a store lot.

What is your input on seeking the hidin store avatars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so now this offends ME ... I have a store and i hide because i HATE greening so are you going to come to my shop and seek me ??? Me or someone else is never far from the keyboard or just playing poker and not watching the game .

And the most i have on is 2 sims and i have roomies that also hide at times ... So come on with ya bad self and find me :p

And you must remember ....Some of those sims u are seeking is probably the owner of some of the top skill houses and money houses that u all so love to go to ...They are making money at stores to feed your greedy simmie bodies LOL .

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Well said. I am usually always here in front of my computer except for a few minutes here and there. I hate greening as well, and since I don't have any roomies or much business yet, hiding is the best thing for me. Especially when something (like the fridge or stove) is broken and I can't afford to get it fixed so that I can eat. I don't know why people can't understand that it's not against the TOS to hide...it's against the rules to override the time out feature. But the question is how do you know who is sitting at their computer and clicking "I'm back" when the time out message pops up (like I do) and who is overriding the system? I don't see how you can tell, so I wish everyone would just stop complaining about it. If you don't like it, fine. Just remember it's not your lot or sim, so you have no say in how the store owners/roomies run their lot or play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody likes greening....that is why most of us 'lived' for green free weeekends. The fact of the matter is that greening is a core and essential part of the game, and if you don't want to play the game then LOG OFF or go to residential lots where you don't have to green ever.

My position, I think they ought to:

a) put a timer on the amount of time anybody can hide, where at the end of that time they are 'sought' and cannot hide again for a fixed amount of time, like an hour or.....

b) make it so that hiding no longer preserves green, or at least green decays at a slower rate so that it is a compromise...the hider doesn't have to green 'as often' but they DO still have to green just like our green free weekends never really were TRULY green free.

If you are exploiting the hide and seek feature, you are an exploiter that is no better than any other exploiter IMO. You say your exploiting doesn't hurt anybody else like a scammer's would, but it does. You are doing this to gain exposure on the list that rightfully belongs to somebody else who is playing by the rules and cannot be seen on the list because he doesn't have two to twenty sims hiding with him. That is cheating. Plain and simple, no if ands or buts about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a store owner myself, I would just never green and let my sims die.

The sims that I keep at my store have no skills or have them all locked. I would always have reviver sim anyhow...

Why green? The skill speeds are so slow on stores that it's not worth the cost of food, and aside from that there is nothing else to do.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The hide and seek game is not intended for hiding sims of 3 or less. THose we totally understand. When there are 10+ hiding sims, that is abuse of the visitor hours. I personally support hiding for the shop owner trying to save his/her green. When they have 10-25 hiding sims, .

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't know what you're talking about.
You have NO understanding of what is "intended" and what is not. It is your own personal sensibilities that are offended, but instead of owning up to that, you try to make it sound as if there is some moral imperative - "that is just wrong".
Nothing is wrong unless the ToS *says* it's wrong.
I support the store owners right to play the game within the rules, and even to report player harrassment such as has been descibed in this thread.
I am sick up to my eyeballs of self-righteous players inposing their own standards on everybody else.

The game may suck at this point in time, but it can't hold a candle to the pettiness on this forum.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

The hide and seek game is not intended for hiding sims of 3 or less. THose we totally understand. When there are 10+ hiding sims, that is abuse of the visitor hours. I personally support hiding for the shop owner trying to save his/her green. When they have 10-25 hiding sims, .

[/ QUOTE ]
You have NO understanding of what is "intended" and what is not. It is your own personal sensibilities that are offended, but instead of owning up to that, you try to make it sound as if there is some moral imperative - "that is just wrong".
I support the store owners right to play the game within the rules, and even to report player harrassment such as has been descibed in this thread.
I am sick up to my eyeballs of self-righteous players inposing their own standards on everybody else.

The game may suck at this point in time, but it can't hold a candle to the pettiness on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt very seriously that by seeking those that hide would be construed as harrassment. The very "INTENT" of the hide and seek feature is for someone to hide and others to seek.

G

am i wrong or do you think that it is ok to bypass the timeout for 18 hours on 16 accounts?

G

<blockquote><hr>

am i wrong or do you think that it is ok to bypass the timeout for 18 hours on 16 accounts?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong.

It's not an unfair advantage, because it is something available to anyone if they are willing to do it.

Granted it is against the ToS, it is, in essence, like claiming that top skill houses are cheating because they have more roomies who host all day long which keeps you from getting any guests.

Because it's something anyone can do if they simply ask around, I don't find it to be an unfair advantage (going afk all day). Having 20 accounts on the otherhand is an unfair advantage, and in my book, it's ridiculous. I take solace in the fact that I know that these stores are not making enough money in return to warrant so many accounts.

G

ummm earlier in this post it was clearly stated that any use of overidding the timeout is against tos, and we are all not able to bypass the timeoout or allowed to, that is why they put the timeout feature there to begin with.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You're wrong.

It's not an unfair advantage, because it is something available to anyone if they are willing to do it.

Granted it is against the ToS, it is, in essence, like claiming that top skill houses are cheating because they have more roomies who host all day long which keeps you from getting any guests.

Because it's something anyone can do if they simply ask around, I don't find it to be an unfair advantage (going afk all day). Having 20 accounts on the otherhand is an unfair advantage, and in my book, it's ridiculous. I take solace in the fact that I know that these stores are not making enough money in return to warrant so many accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see EA offering any kind of option to keep me logged into the game for hours at a time. Also I will not use a cheat program that clearly goes against ToS. So what advantages do honest players have against the people who don't give a rat's ass about rules and regulations? I hope they're all caught and suspended. I find cheaters and liars two of the worst kinds of people and I will never change my mind of this.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The hide and seek game is not intended for hiding sims of 3 or less. THose we totally understand. When there are 10+ hiding sims, that is abuse of the visitor hours. I personally support hiding for the shop owner trying to save his/her green. When they have 10-25 hiding sims, that is just wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

AMEN!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Say hello when someone enters the house?

Sorry couldn't help myself, hehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, sorry, but this doesn't always work... I actually went into a store one time, I was greeted with a grand "Welcome to our house!"

Tried to talk to the sim who said that, and got no response... but I stood there, and another sim entered... same thing "Welcome to our house!" The other sim left, and shortly after they left... another "Welcome to our house!". Curious, I stood there for a little while longer. In the span of 15 minutes, with me being the only person who had entered (once that other sim left) I saw "Welcome to our house!" pop up in the chat window no less than 6 times. Now, I don't remember the name of the store, nor would I mention it here, but it seemed to me that someone had a "program" running to get that sim to say that particular phrase every few mins. (Either that, or the person spoke no english, whatsoever, and was only taught that one phrase)

Point being, not ALL sims hiding in a store are "cheating" by overriding timeout feature... but even if a hiding sim speaks, it's not always possible to tell if that sim is being controlled by a human sitting at a keyboard, or if that sim is simply programmed to say hello. If it's the former, then they will notice their sim being found, laugh it off, and go back to hiding. If it's the latter, then more than likely the sim will soon become "almost dead" and have to be revived.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't say which one, but there is a bot out there that is programmed to enter into the room whatever you type into it to say and as often as you set it for. Too bad you couldn't get a screen shot of the chat history.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt very seriously that by seeking those that hide would be construed as harrassment. The very "INTENT" of the hide and seek feature is for someone to hide and others to seek.

[/ QUOTE ]
You doubt it, but you don't *know* - it could very well turn into the same type of vigilantism that drove so many out of the game a few years ago.
As for the "intent" of Hide &amp; Seek - you don't know that either - my interpretation is that it's "intended" to be a mutually agreeable game - not a means of disrupting other's game play.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Fer crying out loud! Read ALL the words!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I found 4 at one store, 11 at another and a whopping 22 at a third - all in one day. (yay for me!)

[/ QUOTE ]
aah how did you get so good!! I can never find anyone.

I got one of my first TSO friends to sign up for a free account so we could play together again. we went to one of the top stores and there were *24* sims hiding. we seeked and seeked and seeked and could not find anyone. he pointed out a locked room and said they were all in there. this is what I don't get... if you are a buyer and want to hide while you are looking around and buying why wouldn't you pick something right in the front of the lot? We searched everything and no luck... we started chatting in open chat about the hiding and seeking and not one peep the whole time from the 1 roomie or 23 other hiding sims... I think if they are going to keep hide and seek if you can hide in any object on the lot you should be able to seek any object in the lot without limitations like locked doors.

we got bored after about 20 minutes and went to the next store on the list. there was a roomie there who chatted with one, one who was semi afk but even managed to say hi and apologized for being AFK. they will be getting all of my business from now on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ok so now this offends ME ... I have a store and i hide because i HATE greening so are you going to come to my shop and seek me ??? Me or someone else is never far from the keyboard or just playing poker and not watching the game .

And the most i have on is 2 sims and i have roomies that also hide at times ... So come on with ya bad self and find me :p

And you must remember ....Some of those sims u are seeking is probably the owner of some of the top skill houses and money houses that u all so love to go to ...They are making money at stores to feed your greedy simmie bodies LOL .

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Well said. I am usually always here in front of my computer except for a few minutes here and there. I hate greening as well, and since I don't have any roomies or much business yet, hiding is the best thing for me. Especially when something (like the fridge or stove) is broken and I can't afford to get it fixed so that I can eat. I don't know why people can't understand that it's not against the TOS to hide...it's against the rules to override the time out feature. But the question is how do you know who is sitting at their computer and clicking "I'm back" when the time out message pops up (like I do) and who is overriding the system? I don't see how you can tell, so I wish everyone would just stop complaining about it. If you don't like it, fine. Just remember it's not your lot or sim, so you have no say in how the store owners/roomies run their lot or play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]There is a simple solution to this: If you are indeed at your computer monitoring your sims, then when you notice people coming in and trying to find you, just politely request that they do not try to find you. No big deal. Or, even better, just play along! You may actually find yourself having fun with the game, and you'll have legitimate sims on your lot for hours!

If you're not monitoring your sims, but just coming by to poke the "I'm Back" button before getting timed out, then - worst case scenario is someone finds you immediately after your last check-in, and your sim has lost fifteen minutes worth of green. Again, no big deal.

The only people who stand to be greatly affected by being found are those who are overriding timeout - and for those people, I have neither mercy nor pity. Count me in on the hide-and-seek festivities!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

While shopping the other day I came into a store with 16 visitors, there was a 1 day old sim there running around seeking everything to find hidin sims, lol there was probally 12 sims standing around that have been found, he was asking sims on the way in to help him find everyone, and already had a few helpers lol.

I could not help but bust out with laughs, wether it was a new sim or experienced he was doing one fine job running around finding everyone, and being a store roomie myself I know its a pain having to green your sim when working on store/CC/whatever but i agree that something has to put a end to 16+ hiding sims on a store lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They aren't talking about the stores that have 1 maybe 2 people hiding they are talking about the stores that have a lot of people hiding.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Winner gets 500 billion simoleans... lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like that in small bills please!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have a problem with both your ideas for the time out feature. Do you run a store? If so, do you have roomies? If you answer yes to both these, then great...at least you have someone to green with. If you answered no to either or both, then you can't truly understand what a store owner/roomie goes through can you? I am NOT going to sit out on my lot ALL day while I twiddle my thumbs while I wait for the small possibility that MIGHT actually come by to buy something and maybe give me social.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you're talking about greening social. There's two ways to green social even if you have a store lot with no roomies. One, you can get a free account sim, since free accounts are not banned from store lots. You don't even have to skill that sim. You can land that sim on your lot and either hug a bunch of times, or sit your primary sim down in a chair and click on the free sim. When you do this a different pie menu will come up from what you are used to seeing. Cue up 2 flirts and 4 compliments all in a row several times. You'll start to notice your social is going up. It goes up slow that way, but the easiest way to get around that *and* avoid cheating at the same time is to send that secondary sim to a skill lot so she can get 8 points in creativity for serenade, which will only take 3 or 4 green cycles, even stopping to have her help your main sim green. The added benefit of that is that there'd actually be people to TALK to at the other lot where that sim is skilling. Yes, I know afk skilling is still rampant, but I haven't been on a skill lot in literally months that I could not strike up a conversation with at least 1 sim on that lot. At that point all you have to do is switch back to the main screen every 10 minutes or so to hit the I'm back button and check to see if any sims landed at your store that you missed. If they did you can look them up on search and at least thank them for shopping at your store.

And yes you've said before that you're just a temporary store, but while you are one you might as well give it everything you've got....you never know how being more cordial to your visitors might increase your sales and allow you to get *out* of that category sooner. But you are wrong. Exploitation of a feature in the game, any feature, is cheating. I don't care if 1, 10, 100 or 1000 people get away with it every day, its still cheating until the wording of the Terms of Service changes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how players can have the literacy to read and post here, and even do so legibly 90%+ of the time, yet not see plainly that it is stated in the ToS that this is exploitation, and even was said prior to that statement of Greg's that was distorted that using this particular feature (Hide n Seek) for anything other than playing a game of Hide n Seek, IS an incorrect usage of the feature. I don't remember when it was said, but I believe that it was Randy who made that statement during another heated debate we had about it. People are using Greg's statement about future updates and future potential changes to the ToS to reflect that update to mean that it is OK for people to run stores AFK however they have to run it to achieve the same end until they get that feature implemented. As I said that is nothing more than a distortion by people who were already cheating to continue to do so, and those that hadn't because they felt bound by the letter of the ToS to start doing so in order to compete with the masses who were. I'm in support of people playing the game however they want to UNTIL the way that they choose to do it infringes on somebody else's abilities to achieve their goals ie. hiding all those sims in a house to unfairly gain the hours to jump the spots of the people on the list who are actually there and willing to do whatever they have to do to make their customers happy if it is within reason. I'm thinking we should boycott the stores in the top 20 for a while and purposely start shopping from the bottom of the list up, especially if we have a good amount of simoleans to spend, to reward the hard workers for their hard work and show the cheaters that we're not going to support that cheating.

Now, I am not saying that every single house in the top 20 of either city is cheating to get there, but by aiming for stores that are lower on the list, you are more likely to find those sims who are 'hungry' for the VH and will appreciate you being there rather than just looking at you like a thorn in their paw that they need to get rid of. If you find a store in the top 20 that you can plainly see is not guilty of their roomies doing this, then by all means be a patron of those stores....but as long as we as a whole tolerate this behavior in our top houses, this is what we're gonna get. The only other solution is for EA to step in and put a stop to it for us, and they aren't going to do that any time soon.....so its our community, lets do what we can do for ourselves.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody likes greening....that is why most of us 'lived' for green free weeekends. The fact of the matter is that greening is a core and essential part of the game, and if you don't want to play the game then LOG OFF or go to residential lots where you don't have to green ever.

My position, I think they ought to:

a) put a timer on the amount of time anybody can hide, where at the end of that time they are 'sought' and cannot hide again for a fixed amount of time, like an hour or.....

b) make it so that hiding no longer preserves green, or at least green decays at a slower rate so that it is a compromise...the hider doesn't have to green 'as often' but they DO still have to green just like our green free weekends never really were TRULY green free.

If you are exploiting the hide and seek feature, you are an exploiter that is no better than any other exploiter IMO. You say your exploiting doesn't hurt anybody else like a scammer's would, but it does. You are doing this to gain exposure on the list that rightfully belongs to somebody else who is playing by the rules and cannot be seen on the list because he doesn't have two to twenty sims hiding with him. That is cheating. Plain and simple, no if ands or buts about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a store owner myself, I would just never green and let my sims die.

The sims that I keep at my store have no skills or have them all locked. I would always have reviver sim anyhow...

Why green? The skill speeds are so slow on stores that it's not worth the cost of food, and aside from that there is nothing else to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there's nothing else to do, wouldn't that be a reason TO green, to give yourself something to do in game for 10 minutes every hour? It seems to me that not even having to green is what makes extended afk and overriding the timeout feature so tempting. Without greening like you said there's really nothing to do since sims can't do money objects. In TC3 the skill speed on store lots is 100% even alone, but I do understand that it isn't that way in EA Land yet. Simply put the answer to 'why green' is the same thing I already said.....greening is a central feature to the game except on residence lots. Aside from the cost of food, I don't see what the big deal is, and if you get cooking for your sim you can make 1 buffet for $12, eat as much out of it as you need for a green cycle and then stick the rest of it in your inventory so it doesn't go bad before you have to green again. If you take the time to max out cooking (which is a VERY popular skill, speeds are always consistent so you could do this in 2 days of playing time from 0.00-20.99) then you'd only need 2 plates of buffet each time, so that's 6 green cycles for 12 simoleans.....you can't even green at somebody else's lot and tip a fair amount and have it be less than that. See, its really easy to think these things through if you are dedicated to doing things cheat and/or shortcut free.

G

I have to respond a little bit to this by Gracie.

<blockquote><hr>

The game mechanics are there to be used. Those that use anything they can to achieve their goal is part of the game. For real change to take place the actual game mechanics have to be changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a certain way, the top stores are now using the game mechanics (the hide feature and the circumventing timeout feature that the devs implemented on purpose) to "pay for a number 1 position" on the list.

I suppose it's more fair now that they are actually paying for the sims.

But just because they are using features that the dev team have implemented and that the dev team apparently do not want to take away, it doesn't mean that we can't disagree with these features being in the game.
I for one strongly disagree.

<blockquote><hr>

New features that have yet to be added to game mechanics will allow anyone to keep their house open whether they are online, offline, home or away.

[/ QUOTE ]

For cash, they will let us keep the house open even if we're not there.
I'm not sure how I feel about that.
In certain ways it's good, chuck your stuff out and come back later and reap in the cash. It's good if that's the way you want to play.

I suppose it's a way of making afk stores "legal and okay", and making stores into automatons. What you see is what you get - no playing in the store please!

The hide feature has already changed the store category into a bunch of automated automatons where what you see is what you get.

But how about getting an item you really need?
I spent hours storehopping looking for a place that could sell me a backdrop.
Nobody had them and the house where there were 3 backdrops (not for sell) didn't greet me when I came in so I assumed they were not there, and not available for me to ask what a backdrop would cost there.
I don't feel welcome and I don't want to ask them things when they don't greet me, I assume they don't have any desire to help me, only sell their stuffs.
I moved on.

At my store at least people can ask what the retail is on something and how much I am able to sell it for. That should be invaluable, since they can't see the catalog themselves anymore.

<blockquote><hr>

A new feature that would create a new drain on the economy would be to auction and sell the available slots on another top 100 list. Let the market determine how much people want to "pay" to be number one.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what the top 10 stores are already doing.
They pay for 20 accounts and can therefore keep the house at number 1.
This great new feature would only legalise something that we the players make thread after thread after thread complaining about!

-

I'm very sad about this development in the game.
As I previously wrote, the best part of the game for me is to run a store and actually PLAY a store lot, just like other people PLAY other types of lots.

But sadly the game is constantly migrating towards afk.
Everything is afk.
You shop in afk stores.
You skill afk in skill houses where everyone else is afk too.
You make jam semi-afk and just come back to sell the cases every 4.5 minutes.

And then people are complaining that the game has become boring?

Now EA want to make everyone happy so they implement empty store houses with stock that people can just come and grab and leave again.

&lt;sarcasm&gt;Why not implement some sort of post order service, you write a letter to the store and say what you want and it arrives in the mailbox, that way you don't even have to get off your butt and go to the store anymore...
Oh sorry, I forgot, the store owner will then get the hassle of actually getting the customers the things they want. &lt;/end sarcasm&gt;

Implementing the hide function is what killed the stores.

Implementing the circumvent timeout feature is what killed the skill lots and stores.

Force people to be there instead!
Force people to do some teamwork!

There you go, there is your fun back into the game!

G

TTL

Whilst at a skill place a few days ago I heard a few sims saying that the illegal 3rd party prog (just for Gilly
) they use no-longer works so the devs must have done something to stop it running.

Dunno how many of these progs there are out there and if it applies to ALL of them though

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Winner gets 500 billion simoleans... lmao.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like that in small bills please!

[/ QUOTE ]
Small UNTRACEABLE bills please...

G

<blockquote><hr>

See, its really easy to think these things through if you are dedicated to doing things cheat and/or shortcut free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or if I am unemployed and have nothing better to do with my time.

I have no desire to sit around for hours at a time, just to watch my sims skill at a meager 78% and keep them all greened. People come in so infrequently, and say so very little it's like tending to a graveyard. I am not going to cycle a buffet through inventory either. It increases wear each time you do, and that to me is just trivial.

I sell crafts and clothes. There is no logical reason for me to be consistently attentive when people do not need my help.

R

Roger Wilco

<blockquote><hr>

Insert wall of text here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, overriding timeout is against the TOS. We know, EA knows, everyone else should know.

However:

EA was told exactly how people would use and abuse hide and seek before it was released. They did so anyway, and have done nothing to change it.

People have been overriding timeout for how long now? And EA has done what? There are even reports that dev's have said they are fine with afk stores. True or not, their actions (or lack of action) speaks volumes.

You're 118% right, a lot of the store owners are breaking the rules. However, most players, and it would appear EA also, could care less.

Speaking only for myself, I have no problem with afk stores. I don't go to them to chat.

I

imported_Shirl1211

TTL

There is a solution to this problem for everyone. If your opposed to AFK players which I am one of them 50% of the time, then don't go to thoses places. It will save you your time and trouble. There are many reasons to be AFK and as long as your not cheating by over riding the timeout feature then I see nothing wrong with it. I hide my avatar in order to save me from having to green which also saves me money. I run 2 accounts most of the time and while one is at a money lot making extra money, the other is at the store. Thats just my way of playing the game and I follow all the rules in the ToS so IMO I see nothing wrong with it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

There is a solution to this problem for everyone. If your opposed to AFK players which I am one of them 50% of the time, then don't go to thoses places.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nuh huh

If you're opposed to something, debate it on the forums to try and provoke a change, or maybe make someone think.

G

"Debate"? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahaha!

Don't get me started.

I

imported_Qute Pi

ok

last night I figured it alll out!

The people who hide in stores, are there so we have amusement and fun.
Seriously, go to one of the 24 hiding sims afk stores and try for yourself...it iiiiisss fuuuuunnnn! hehe. :p I mean where else do you get to play hide and seek with so many players?

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

ok

Seriously, go to one of the 24 hiding sims afk stores and try for yourself...it iiiiisss fuuuuunnnn! hehe. :p I mean where else do you get to play hide and seek with so many players?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I did that about a month ago and it was alot of fun. And people ask where the fun is in this game...pfffft. LOLOL
I have to say the best that i've seen so far is the picture Sim Tripps put out here. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing and I had to keep going back and looking at it. My husband and I couldn't even talk to each other.. Great work by Tripps lol

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

ok

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I did that about a month ago and it was alot of fun. And people ask where the fun is in this game...pfffft. LOLOL
I have to say the best that i've seen so far is the picture Sim Tripps put out here. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing and I had to keep going back and looking at it. My husband and I couldn't even talk to each other.. Great work by Tripps lol

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yes I also seen that picture, was great! And the fun is there! I know haha

I

imported_Demirosa

<blockquote><hr>

That's pretty funny! I haven't logged on in a couple of weeks because I've been pretty bored with the same old-same old, but I might have to log in to start playing hide &amp; seek!

Maybe we can form a league! lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! Let's form a league with Qute Pi and Duncan!

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

That's pretty funny! I haven't logged on in a couple of weeks because I've been pretty bored with the same old-same old, but I might have to log in to start playing hide &amp; seek!

Maybe we can form a league! lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! Let's form a league with Qute Pi and Duncan!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok Duncan is captain lol :p I just follow him.

G

I just had a brilliant idea (IMHO, of course)!!!

What about a "Hide &amp; Seek" house?? I would put 100 cardboard boxes out, and if you can find where I'm hiding in say, 3 tries, I'll give the winning Sim $100 or something.

No telling how long it will take me to earn the $ for the boxes, however. Details.

Anyone want to be a hiding roomie?? lmao

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

I just had a brilliant idea (IMHO, of course)!!!

What about a "Hide &amp; Seek" house?? I would put 100 cardboard boxes out, and if you can find where I'm hiding in say, 3 tries, I'll give the winning Sim $100 or something.

No telling how long it will take me to earn the $ for the boxes, however. Details.

Anyone want to be a hiding roomie?? lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

me me me *look at me* :p

L

LiL MsBehavin

OMG! ROFL I had never thought of doing that hehe thanks for the kewl Game LOL Count me in!!

I

imported_Qute Pi

yay I'm in!!

k when you all are searching for me with your 3 tries, I won't be waving my arms around, so you'll have to actually look in order to find me...
then again, I might poke my finger through the side of the box so I can see you...

"I see yoooou" hehe :p

G

Ooh- maybe I can get some CC crates that look like what the Tazmanian Devil always comes out of. They can have "Danger- Wild Sim" stamped on the side! heehee

I

imported_Qute Pi

Do you make cc? If not send me a picture, I'll see what I can do :p

"I still seee yooou" lol. (Ok so I'm amused easily...)

G

I don't have a picture of one, but since I'm sooooooo busy (haha) at work today, I'll see if I can find one.

We need little simmy sticks to poke seekers with as they walk by, too!

I'm easily amused myself.

I

imported_Qute Pi

So we have a property filled with boxes, finger holes and warnings on the sides, plus sticks to poke the seekers with. My kind of fun!

I think I want to poke ppl in the.....foot. lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

H

HoTDeViL

<blockquote><hr>

So we have a property filled with boxes, finger holes and warnings on the sides, plus sticks to poke the seekers with. My kind of fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

the only problem will be you cannot hide under CC objects