• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Hide n Seek on store lots

G

While shopping the other day I came into a store with 16 visitors, there was a 1 day old sim there running around seeking everything to find hidin sims, lol there was probally 12 sims standing around that have been found, he was asking sims on the way in to help him find everyone, and already had a few helpers lol.

I could not help but bust out with laughs, wether it was a new sim or experienced he was doing one fine job running around finding everyone, and being a store roomie myself I know its a pain having to green your sim when working on store/CC/whatever but i agree that something has to put a end to 16+ hiding sims on a store lot.

What is your input on seeking the hidin store avatars?

I

imported_Demirosa

LOL! That sounds like so much fun -- I have yet to seek hiding Sims in stores.

Have you ever found THIS many Sims hiding in one place? --> Gotcha! (It links to another Stratics thread.) Ha ha ha!!

V

vapd3317

I think a cool change to the "hide and seek" feature, would be for the seeking sim to be able to boot whatever sim he/she finds. Even if that hiddin sim is the owner of the property

I

imported_Shirl1211

I said it once before that I think that EA should send someone in there to see if their over-riding the timeout feature and enforce the rule stated in their ToS and execute penalties. It has never been modified so as far as i'm concerned this should be enforcable!! Whether or not they care care about this or not, until it is changed in the rulebook they need to deal with it just as they deal with scammers!!!! Rules are rules!!!! Fix them or get rid of them!!!! It sucks when the honest hard working avatars can't even get on the map because of this so the Dev's need to listen up because to me, this is as bad a scamming!!

G

I think everyone (who has anything against these hiders) should run around and do that on a regular basis. It would be like a protest movement

G

I found 4 at one store, 11 at another and a whopping 22 at a third - all in one day. (yay for me!)

G

yes chaning the timeout window often and how it works would easily slow alot of the poeple by-passing the time-out function, also maybe unhiding sims after a set time, and/or allowing roomies only to hide.

Hide n Seek Movement !!!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I found 4 at one store, 11 at another and a whopping 22 at a third - all in one day. (yay for me!)

[/ QUOTE ]

WOOT!!! Awesome job. Hey, the game is called hide and seek, right? LOL

A

AmethystMoon

Maybe a simple way to get by these cheat programs that keep clicking (and make your game think you're there would be to every 20 or 30 minutes have a screen pop up where you have to enter the code that is there? I'd be more than willing to enter a code every half hour if it meant putting a stop to the cheating.

W

Whitilicious 07'

<blockquote><hr>

While shopping the other day I came into a store with 16 visitors, there was a 1 day old sim there running around seeking everything to find hidin sims, lol there was probally 12 sims standing around that have been found, he was asking sims on the way in to help him find everyone, and already had a few helpers lol.

I could not help but bust out with laughs, wether it was a new sim or experienced he was doing one fine job running around finding everyone, and being a store roomie myself I know its a pain having to green your sim when working on store/CC/whatever but i agree that something has to put a end to 16+ hiding sims on a store lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so now this offends ME ... I have a store and i hide because i HATE greening so are you going to come to my shop and seek me ??? Me or someone else is never far from the keyboard or just playing poker and not watching the game .

And the most i have on is 2 sims and i have roomies that also hide at times ... So come on with ya bad self and find me :p

And you must remember ....Some of those sims u are seeking is probably the owner of some of the top skill houses and money houses that u all so love to go to ...They are making money at stores to feed your greedy simmie bodies LOL .

I

imported_Qute Pi

lol thats funny.
I think its ok to hide, 1-2-3 sims maybe.

There is no need to hide 16 sims or even 10+ sims. So to anyone who likes finding those players, enjoy it all you can! I might even join ya!

F

festrmentmagnet

Maybe houses should be allowed to hide one non-roomie tops.

G

That's pretty funny! I haven't logged on in a couple of weeks because I've been pretty bored with the same old-same old, but I might have to log in to start playing hide &amp; seek!

Maybe we can form a league! lmao

I

imported_Qute Pi

for your team...
pick me pick me *waves hands all around - like the look at me action in game*

G

&lt;singing. Put me in coach... I'm ready to play... today....

LOL. I have done this before and it's alot of fun. I am up for it if you guys are...

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Be sure to take someone with the ability to lure. It's great fun to lure them all over the lot once you find them.

G

Ok. Here's a call out to all sims who have Lure... IM me in game and we will set up an hunting party. All I need is a ninja outfit and a nice hat... lol

G

My little simmy will be skilling up!

Whoever gets banned from the most lots wins! lmao

G

<blockquote><hr>

Be sure to take someone with the ability to lure. It's great fun to lure them all over the lot once you find them.

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO..you know that interaction never phased me much but I gotta tell you I've been skilling up for it now and I KNOW a ton of other people are interested in it now too that otherwise could care less about it. See...the game CAN be fun..its all in what we make it!

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so now this offends ME ... I have a store and i hide because i HATE greening so are you going to come to my shop and seek me ??? Me or someone else is never far from the keyboard or just playing poker and not watching the game .

And the most i have on is 2 sims and i have roomies that also hide at times ... So come on with ya bad self and find me :p

And you must remember ....Some of those sims u are seeking is probably the owner of some of the top skill houses and money houses that u all so love to go to ...They are making money at stores to feed your greedy simmie bodies LOL .

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Well said. I am usually always here in front of my computer except for a few minutes here and there. I hate greening as well, and since I don't have any roomies or much business yet, hiding is the best thing for me. Especially when something (like the fridge or stove) is broken and I can't afford to get it fixed so that I can eat. I don't know why people can't understand that it's not against the TOS to hide...it's against the rules to override the time out feature. But the question is how do you know who is sitting at their computer and clicking "I'm back" when the time out message pops up (like I do) and who is overriding the system? I don't see how you can tell, so I wish everyone would just stop complaining about it. If you don't like it, fine. Just remember it's not your lot or sim, so you have no say in how the store owners/roomies run their lot or play the game.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Well said. I am usually always here in front of my computer except for a few minutes here and there. I hate greening as well, and since I don't have any roomies or much business yet, hiding is the best thing for me. Especially when something (like the fridge or stove) is broken and I can't afford to get it fixed so that I can eat. I don't know why people can't understand that it's not against the TOS to hide...it's against the rules to override the time out feature. But the question is how do you know who is sitting at their computer and clicking "I'm back" when the time out message pops up (like I do) and who is overriding the system? I don't see how you can tell, so I wish everyone would just stop complaining about it. If you don't like it, fine. Just remember it's not your lot or sim, so you have no say in how the store owners/roomies run their lot or play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just let them have their fun. Sheesh. If you are really just at your computer or coming back every few minutes to click "I'm Back" then them seeking and finding you is causing no great harm. Personally, if I was running a store, I would hide and pretend to be afk just to watch them look for me. LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But the question is how do you know who is sitting at their computer and clicking "I'm back" when the time out message pops up (like I do) and who is overriding the system?

[/ QUOTE ]

Say hello when someone enters the house?

Sorry couldn't help myself, hehe

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you! Well said. I am usually always here in front of my computer except for a few minutes here and there. I hate greening as well, and since I don't have any roomies or much business yet, hiding is the best thing for me. Especially when something (like the fridge or stove) is broken and I can't afford to get it fixed so that I can eat. I don't know why people can't understand that it's not against the TOS to hide ...it's against the rules to override the time out feature. But the question is how do you know who is sitting at their computer and clicking "I'm back" when the time out message pops up (like I do) and who is overriding the system? I don't see how you can tell, so I wish everyone would just stop complaining about it. If you don't like it, fine. Just remember it's not your lot or sim, so you have no say in how the store owners/roomies run their lot or play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I have bolded the issue...and the difference between one hiding situation and another.
If you hide a couple sims, you shouldn't take these threads about hiding so personal, most likely we aren't talking about you...

And, I'd like to know how any sim can be online for 22 hours and not be bypassing the time out feature.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But the question is how do you know who is sitting at their computer and clicking "I'm back" when the time out message pops up (like I do) and who is overriding the system? I don't see how you can tell, so I wish everyone would just stop complaining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how you can tell. The person who is watching their sim being sought will boot the seeker before they can expose the hider.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

And, I'd like to know how any sim can be online for 22 hours and not be bypassing the time out feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record. I have known groups of college students that take turns running the sims on accounts and had no problem keeping a place open 22 hours. One sim does not always equate to one person behind the sim.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Ok, but I don't believe thats the case for them all...

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

But the question is how do you know who is sitting at their computer and clicking "I'm back" when the time out message pops up (like I do) and who is overriding the system?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if they don't answer, like I do sometimes, all that could mean is that I'm just temporarily AFK for something like greening IRL. That doesn't prove they are overriding the system.

G

The hide and seek game is not intended for hiding sims of 3 or less. THose we totally understand. When there are 10+ hiding sims, that is abuse of the visitor hours. I personally support hiding for the shop owner trying to save his/her green. When they have 10-25 hiding sims, that is just wrong.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

But the question is how do you know who is sitting at their computer and clicking "I'm back" when the time out message pops up (like I do) and who is overriding the system? I don't see how you can tell, so I wish everyone would just stop complaining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know how you can tell. The person who is watching their sim being sought will boot the seeker before they can expose the hider.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, that would only prove the person is hiding, not overriding the system. How hard is it to understand there is a difference between just hiding and overriding the system? Geesh!

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, if they don't answer, like I do sometimes, all that could mean is that I'm just temporarily AFK for something like greening IRL. That doesn't prove they are overriding the system.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose I can sit there for 20 minutes and wait to see if there is a response...

Edit to add: of course I would do this with my free account lol...

G

Hiding 1 or 2 sims is cool. Hiding 20 sims isn't. That is the formula I use. If a house has 10+ sims hiding, then something is going on that isn't right.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The game mechanics are there to be used. Those that use anything they can to achieve their goal is part of the game. For real change to take place the actual game mechanics have to be changed.

New features that have yet to be added to game mechanics will allow anyone to keep their house open whether they are online, offline, home or away.

A new feature that would create a new drain on the economy would be to auction and sell the available slots on another top 100 list. Let the market determine how much people want to "pay" to be number one. This would work similar to advertising costs in the yellow pages. The more simoleans you want to fork over each day, the higher up the list you go. Sure, keep the visitor hour list but create another list that people are willing to pay for.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

The hide and seek game is not intended for hiding sims of 3 or less. THose we totally understand. When there are 10+ hiding sims, that is abuse of the visitor hours. I personally support hiding for the shop owner trying to save his/her green. When they have 10-25 hiding sims, that is just wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have no problem with hiding your sim or being AFK. i do have a problem when they set there their PC so it won'ttime out.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All 16 of them? lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, sorry, but this doesn't always work... I actually went into a store one time, I was greeted with a grand "Welcome to our house!"

Tried to talk to the sim who said that, and got no response... but I stood there, and another sim entered... same thing "Welcome to our house!" The other sim left, and shortly after they left... another "Welcome to our house!". Curious, I stood there for a little while longer. In the span of 15 minutes, with me being the only person who had entered (once that other sim left) I saw "Welcome to our house!" pop up in the chat window no less than 6 times. Now, I don't remember the name of the store, nor would I mention it here, but it seemed to me that someone had a "program" running to get that sim to say that particular phrase every few mins. (Either that, or the person spoke no english, whatsoever, and was only taught that one phrase)

Point being, not ALL sims hiding in a store are "cheating" by overriding timeout feature... but even if a hiding sim speaks, it's not always possible to tell if that sim is being controlled by a human sitting at a keyboard, or if that sim is simply programmed to say hello. If it's the former, then they will notice their sim being found, laugh it off, and go back to hiding. If it's the latter, then more than likely the sim will soon become "almost dead" and have to be revived.

T

Terra Pin

/shrug

Hiding isn't against the TOS.....

Neither is seeking

Working as intended!

I

imported_queenme

oh no milton u are so wrong, sorry...but it is MUCH more entertaining to watch them seek and seek and simply rehide when they go to seek the next one lol takes most of them 15-20 mins to figger out that ur there before they finally give up and move on...15-20 visitor minutes yahoo
we always leave several out where they can be "found" just to watch to be entertained

its always fun to watch the lemmings fall off the cliff
and theyll do it day after day after day....lol idjits abound who have nuttin better to do...tis amusing to watch, since like many have said before, isnt much else to do while sittin at a store to keep it open and on the list

i sit with my friend at her store and watch them endlessly...tis so nice of them to come in to entertain us

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody likes greening....that is why most of us 'lived' for green free weeekends. The fact of the matter is that greening is a core and essential part of the game, and if you don't want to play the game then LOG OFF or go to residential lots where you don't have to green ever.

My position, I think they ought to:

a) put a timer on the amount of time anybody can hide, where at the end of that time they are 'sought' and cannot hide again for a fixed amount of time, like an hour or.....

b) make it so that hiding no longer preserves green, or at least green decays at a slower rate so that it is a compromise...the hider doesn't have to green 'as often' but they DO still have to green just like our green free weekends never really were TRULY green free.

If you are exploiting the hide and seek feature, you are an exploiter that is no better than any other exploiter IMO. You say your exploiting doesn't hurt anybody else like a scammer's would, but it does. You are doing this to gain exposure on the list that rightfully belongs to somebody else who is playing by the rules and cannot be seen on the list because he doesn't have two to twenty sims hiding with him. That is cheating. Plain and simple, no if ands or buts about it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, that would only prove the person is hiding, not overriding the system. How hard is it to understand there is a difference between just hiding and overriding the system? Geesh!

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not violating the ToS by overriding timeout......OK. BUT they are not using hide and seek for its' intended purpose, which by definition is exploitation of that feature, which is a separate violation of the ToS. If they were overriding timeout, which most are, then they'd be guilty of violation on two counts.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Good Point. However, it is well known that EA does not try to enforce the exploitation of this bug in anyway. Ergo, it has become a feature rather than exploitation of a bug.

As I mentioned before. In order for change to take place then the game mechanics have to change.

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

All 16 of them? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm just not as suspicious as everyone else. Either that or I just don't care. I've been on the top 100 list and quite honestly, once I got there, it wasn't all that exciting. All I care about is selling my stuff. And the only way to truly find out if someone is overriding the system is if you yourself go to a store and sit there yourself to watch who times out and who doesn't. But that would be a total waste of your precious playing time and you'd have to do the same thing you accuse them of doing. And even if you do that and see that sims don't time out. What does that prove? Nothing because they could've hit the "I'm Back" button before they time out.

I

imported_Founder

I always wondered:

I know that dismissing a 5-minute warning window using a 3rd-party software is not legal, but what about the "thinking outside the box" method, which involves putting something on top of something...(don't want to reveal it and get in trouble for it.)

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I assumed that "bypassing" the timout feature of the game would be considered an exploit, regardless of how you do it.

W

Whitilicious 07'

Ok i have been really nice ..Not anymore . First of all i DONT cheat the game the game is cheating me and everyone on it . I say Welcome everytime a sim enters unless im GREENING in RL. I sing to most that comes in to my store . I have more then one acct i PLAY the game very well . I dont sit around complaining because they are #1 , they hide ppl , they sell tons of fruit , they have more skills then me , OMG get real this is a game i pay my 9.99 + every month .Seems to me you all need to play the game more and stop posting so many jealous complaints on startics and maybe u will be #1 oneday but with your attitudes i doubt it .i have never seen so much drama in a game as i do in here and you jealous cry babies are getting on my nerves . I have really got to stop reading stratics because its rasing my blood pressure , sometimes i really wish i could reach through this screen
. Maybe u all just dont have a RL and thats why you have to cause the drama on here . Im ready for the lenching mob bring it on ... Dont worry i wont boot or ban ...

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

Nobody likes greening....that is why most of us 'lived' for green free weeekends. The fact of the matter is that greening is a core and essential part of the game, and if you don't want to play the game then LOG OFF or go to residential lots where you don't have to green ever.

My position, I think they ought to:

a) put a timer on the amount of time anybody can hide, where at the end of that time they are 'sought' and cannot hide again for a fixed amount of time, like an hour or.....

b) make it so that hiding no longer preserves green, or at least green decays at a slower rate so that it is a compromise...the hider doesn't have to green 'as often' but they DO still have to green just like our green free weekends never really were TRULY green free.

If you are exploiting the hide and seek feature, you are an exploiter that is no better than any other exploiter IMO. You say your exploiting doesn't hurt anybody else like a scammer's would, but it does. You are doing this to gain exposure on the list that rightfully belongs to somebody else who is playing by the rules and cannot be seen on the list because he doesn't have two to twenty sims hiding with him. That is cheating. Plain and simple, no if ands or buts about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, lets get something straight. I hide...I don't set my computer to not time out. There is NOTHING wrong with that. And I don't do it to get on "The list" I don't give a flying fig about "The List". B. Hiding is NOT cheating. Overriding the system so you don't time out is cheating.

And if you would EVER pay attention to ANY of my posts, you would know I have a TEMPORARY store. You better believe that once I sell everything, I WILL be changing to a residential lot.

I have a problem with both your ideas for the time out feature. Do you run a store? If so, do you have roomies? If you answer yes to both these, then great...at least you have someone to green with. If you answered no to either or both, then you can't truly understand what a store owner/roomie goes through can you? I am NOT going to sit out on my lot ALL day while I twiddle my thumbs while I wait for the small possibility that MIGHT actually come by to buy something and maybe give me social.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ok i have been really nice ..Not anymore . First of all i DONT cheat the game the game is cheating me and everyone on it . I say Welcome everytime a sim enters unless im GREENING in RL. I sing to most that comes in to my store . I have more then one acct i PLAY the game very well . I dont sit around complaining because they are #1 , they hide ppl , they sell tons of fruit , they have more skills then me , OMG get real this is a game i pay my 9.99 + every month .Seems to me you all need to play the game more and stop posting so many jealous complaints on startics and maybe u will be #1 oneday but with your attitudes i doubt it .i have never seen so much drama in a game as i do in here and you jealous cry babies are getting on my nerves . I have really got to stop reading stratics because its rasing my blood pressure , sometimes i really wish i could reach through this screen
. Maybe u all just dont have a RL and thats why you have to cause the drama on here . Im ready for the lenching mob bring it on ... Dont worry i wont boot or ban ...

[/ QUOTE ]Everyone goes AFK from time to time. There is nothing wrong with that. It's those out there that have 15-20-25 sims hiding for hours to get visitor hours. I can only assume they are using some 3rd party software to keep themselves logged in to keep them all logged in and not timing out. If you say Hi to everyone and are hiding, by all means, you are not breaking any rules. It is those who are AFK for 22 hrs of the day that are breaking the rules.

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

I assumed that "bypassing" the timout feature of the game would be considered an exploit, regardless of how you do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what you saying, but what if a certain keystroke on my keyboard is stuck and I cant do anything to unstuck it? Furthermore, some people prefer to use accessibility feature(found on Control Panel) that only allow them to work that way? I always thought that was the reason why mechanical way of bypassing the timer was never really illegal. EA cannot force individuals to change their computer habits just for game's sake.