• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EA-Land Update for Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

Well i'm part of the cheering squad! I want things fixed but i'm not going to get angry over 9.99 a month give me a break!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can't get upset over $9.99 a month, but those of us who are disabled and on a fixed income can and do. Try looking at it from another perspective.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Why does she keep reading the forum? Because she pays to play TSO and even if she didn't, she as a right to read it, just like you and post her opinions just like you. But this is getting out of hand. Even Parizad is getting testy. Heck, this all started because Parizad asked our opinion about what we wanted them to do, and clearly the devs didn't listen to us AGAIN...they just did what they wanted anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no, no... completely wrong. Please reread my original post that started this thread. I was giving you guys a heads up on the two options we had. Then you guys started shouting "Do #1!!" "No no, do #2!!" Then the hair pulling started... eye poking was the worst! Then I told someone to go to away from the forums and enjoy the rest of their night since they were so upset they wanted to cancel their games over it. Then you changed the reason for my whole first post.

So... No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I didn't change the reason for your first post...it was to give us options. You were asking what we wanted you to do. The mods shouldv'e been on top of this one from the start and stopped the flame war. My complaint was that you asked what we wanted and basically just did #1 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, you're wrong. I was not asking you guys on what we should do. I was telling you guys one of two ways we would be going.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

I think you are the one who's nuts.

RELAX DUDE.

President of The Sims Online LOL now thats hilarious! It made my day.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO....wait,...I think I voted for him once,...in BF....OMG he's back ??????

G

I like how you think....now close your eyes and say Ommmm beathe...Ommmm breathe...

Now picture a tarred and featherd pixel person running through ea land...

giggle...breathe....

I feel all better now too.

C

Cruz Cavera

I don't understand why you even explain yourself to the ignorant ones. I would say the hell with 'em.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well re-read your wording and put yourself in the shoes of the person looking for updates and reading your post. A little rude and sarcastic don't you think. If you had worded it better and told her she should just rest up and not the words you chose with all these people coming to your defense and agreeing with you by picking on this poor girl than I guess...........hmmmmm wtf was i thiking...........duh I guess I just read it the wrong way and duh I am obviously new and don't know anything guess I should log of now and go to sleep in the barn duh!! Like wtf do you and your friends pick on a post to pick on and tear that poor subscriber to bits. You guys are nuts. Now not only am I cancelling my subscription I am writing a letter to the president of Sims Online to let him know how the devs and their friends treat the subscribers. WTF people you keep telling her to get a life how about you guy get a life and leave her be. I am a mother and if my child was being attacked on a post like you guys are attacking this girl I'd be raising hell so I am gonna stand up for the lady and tell all of you to get a life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck writing the president of a game that no longer exists.
CC us plz.

kthnx.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Well I never expected Parizad to be rude. But that was just un-called for. Someone expresses their concern to have thread closed because of community fighting and you tell them to shut their browser. What's up with that. We are not the free players we pay a subscription to play and we go to the forums to get updates and when we express concern to have a thread closed we get the sarcasm and are treated like I child. Now if that is what the TSO community is gonna be like than I agree that I no longer would like to be a part of a community like that. That comment was uncalled for and flat out rude. Fixing Ea-land is your job, you get paid to do it. We pay to use it and our concerns apparently don't matter. Very nice indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG what the... are you talking about?????

Geeeeshhhhh
THIS is uncalled for...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually someone should've said this hours ago. Look, I like Parizad, and she's human but that doesn't give her the right to come on here and be rude. She should have to follow the same rules as the rest of us. But instead she is in here talking about rum and coke and stuff when there are obviously more important matters to tend to. I'm all for the devs communicating with us, but work on the problems first, post fun stuff later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find nothing rude at all about what Parizad told the Lauren. It even sounded to me like Lauren was having serious difficulties in handling this forum. This is a place for our opinions may they be right or wrong, and it does get to a knock down dragout from time to time. I also seen a countdown of minutes that Lauren was using to quit the game so I think the advice she gave her was the best that could have been given. Considering the unGodly hours Pari has worked today and tonight trying to get this mess fixed I don't blame her for not wanting to deal with a person who keeps saying their quitting anyway but I think she was really just giving very good advice.

S

Silly

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

RELAX DUDE.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!!! I was drinking my soda &amp; refreshing my browser when this came up &amp; laughed so hard soda came outta my freakin nose all over my monitor

G

*pops head in* Anyone want some homemade lasagne? Thanks Devs for taking your time on this yes we are cranky that we cant play..but hey fix the probs then it will be history like others have said at least tonight my family will appreciate the lasagne i have cooked since i couldnt play *grins* ...*runs out b4 cupcakes start flying*

G

Oh so Cruz you are part of the old school boys club. When a guy expresses an opinion he is smart man, if he expresses his emotion he should be commended for being sensitive. But when a woman does she must be on her monthly and is just a ranting crazy woman. So I get its just hormones..............whatever. Tell that to your mother.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

RELAX DUDE.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG!!! I was drinking my soda &amp; refreshing my browser when this came up &amp; laughed so hard soda came outta my freakin nose all over my monitor

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! I cracked up too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Actually someone should've said this hours ago. Look, I like Parizad, and she's human but that doesn't give her the right to come on here and be rude. She should have to follow the same rules as the rest of us. But instead she is in here talking about rum and coke and stuff when there are obviously more important matters to tend to. I'm all for the devs communicating with us, but work on the problems first, post fun stuff later.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing more important than a good drink to get you through.

S

Sunflowers

LMAO! I'm seriously laughing my ass off here.

Hey Pari,

Can we meet the President of The Sims Online?

J

JRock

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, she's not a dev. My mistake..thought she was. But still, she works for EA.

[/ QUOTE ]

O.

Wtf does that have to do with anything.

I'm pretty positive that posting to the community is within Parizad's job desciription...

I'm pretty sure being personally attacked is not..

But IDK I'm sure your hot ten bucks a month pays her salary of ... 120 dollars a year... so do what you want with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I would be outraged if I had a friend and someone attacked him or her just because they were having a bad day. And I am outraged now because I consider us to be a family by now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

waves to jackiee!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG DANNY!!! *Waves*

*tackles*
*hugs*

G

So I am playing in TC if your need your fix that bad its up its running and there is no lag. I am skilling and Chilling have a good night and see you in EA Land tomorrow.

A

Anarela

Shirl, I don't think Parizad didn't want to deal with Lauren, I think she gave the best and most reasonable advice she could to someone that was hurting for us... I thought she was being very nice and caring (Parizad, that is)

And of course, withdrawals are doing this to us... right?

T

TKSpeedy1

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

O.

I'm pretty positive that posting to the community is within Parizad's job desciription...

But IDK I'm sure your hot ten bucks a month pays her salary of ... 120 dollars a year... so do what you want with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being rude isn't in her job description either. Where are the mods when you actually need them?

J

JennDianne

<font color="pink">Play nice kids ((8 We all love this game and just want to see the game keep getting better. And we want to play again asap woohoo </font>
P.S. I still want my campfire back haha

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

LMAO! I'm seriously laughing my ass off here.

Hey Pari,

Can we meet the President of The Sims Online?

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL...can I be in his motorcade through EAland?.....*Shines boots and grabs the polish for the motorcycle*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

O.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I would be outraged if I had a friend and someone attacked him or her just because they were having a bad day. And I am outraged now because I consider us to be a family by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh family....
*wonders how I can use this to my advantage*

But srsly... its not like they took it down just to screw with us... and I guarantee they have better things to do 3 hours later...

I would have ffl'd by now and threw a peace sign on my way out.

G

So, I've been reading this all day,

since Im an avid TSO gamer such as many of you all

I agree with many people on it would not be fair to ban the store owners,
I agree with many people on it would not be fair to punish everyone

But In the end I think everyone is being a bit unfair to each other,
Yes we all have title to our opinions, but telling the store owners to be banned while they pay there monthly subscriptions, players, even those who do not pay get to galavant around EA Land,

Im not just harping on the non effected here either,
Store owners are saying it is unfair that they are being punished for something that was not there fault, Just as it was not your fault for being bugged it is not the non effected players faults either.

In The End Everyone is Effected by This
And we just have to group together in this EA Land Family

So Lets Thank The Dev's for staying later then I ever would at Work

Thank you Pari for working so hard to keep us updated

Thank you Store Owners for your views

Thank you Others who want to play,

Because with out all of you

EA Land wouldn't be the same

~*IzzyAnya*~

G

<blockquote><hr>

Oh so Cruz you are part of the old school boys club. When a guy expresses an opinion he is smart man, if he expresses his emotion he should be commended for being sensitive. But when a woman does she must be on her monthly and is just a ranting crazy woman. So I get its just hormones..............whatever. Tell that to your mother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... Are you under the impression that I'm a guy? I'm totally not! I'd prove it, but that would seriously be against the RoC.

A

ok seriously, yall...who needs EALand?! these posts are waaay more amusing...seriously crying over here =P

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... Are you under the impression that I'm a guy? I'm totally not! I'd prove it, but that would seriously be against the RoC.

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

T

TKSpeedy1

Just read your original post....You're right, you didn't ask what we wanted you to do. My apologies. But to be fair, if you didn't want our opinions, you shouldn't have posted your original post the way you did. It would've avoided a lot of flames. You should've just done what you were going to all along and posted a post to that effect.

A

Anarela

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOOT

Pari will strip... !!!!!!!!!!!!

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw EA-Land being online again, you just crushed 90% of our life dream.

G

And here, I thought I was freaking out. I suddenly feel much less addicted to this game now that I've read some of the spazzy post on here. I couldn't stop thinking about playing when I was watching "No Reservations", but I think that movie might just be boring.

V

vapd3317

<blockquote><hr>

So, I've been reading this all day,

since Im an avid TSO gamer such as many of you all

I agree with many people on it would not be fair to ban the store owners,
I agree with many people on it would not be fair to punish everyone

But In the end I think everyone is being a bit unfair to each other,
Yes we all have title to our opinions, but telling the store owners to be banned while they pay there monthly subscriptions, players, even those who do not pay get to galavant around EA Land,

Im not just harping on the non effected here either,
Store owners are saying it is unfair that they are being punished for something that was not there fault, Just as it was not your fault for being bugged it is not the non effected players faults either.

In The End Everyone is Effected by This
And we just have to group together in this EA Land Family

So Lets Thank The Dev's for staying later then I ever would at Work

Thank you Pari for working so hard to keep us updated

Thank you Store Owners for your views

Thank you Others who want to play,

Because with out all of you

EA Land wouldn't be the same

~*IzzyAnya*~

[/ QUOTE ]

*Bows to Izzy*...very well stated. ummmm...you aren't campaiging for president are you?

Seriously, thank you for trying to calm this down.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just read your original post....You're right, you didn't ask what we wanted you to do. My apologies. But to be fair, if you didn't want our opinions, you shouldn't have posted your original post the way you did. It would've avoided a lot of flames. You should've just done what you were going to all along and posted a post to that effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying I shouldn't have given you guys the courtesy of a heads up and just surprised it on you all at the last minute? So you're saying that it would have been best to spend the last 3-4 hours dodging the questions of why the city is offline and not keeping you guys informed? Is that what you're saying?

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

We should all be mature enough to give our opinions of a certain matter... I guess some of us aren't... But hopefully people will learn that they are being silly
we all would of given them anyway even if she didn't want them.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Lmao, no. You're just flipping out over an opionated board. You don't have to read this, you don't have to agree. And my mother died.. Thanks.

I

imported_Danny Dots

I'm so with Parizad on this... I'm so happy she made this post! People really need to realize that they are doing this FOR US! We don't want a bugged game and it takes a while to fix a problem like this. She is just doing her job and I think she is doing a great job!

A

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying I shouldn't have given you guys the courtesy of a heads up and just surprised it on you all at the last minute? So you're saying that it would have been best to spend the last 3-4 hours dodging the questions of why the city is offline and not keeping you guys informed? Is that what you're saying?

[/ QUOTE ]

ty very much for letting us know whats going on =) Im a lil addicted to ye ol EALand and do much appreciate the heads up on whats going on. Im no cheerleader or anything, and have my in-game issues (seeing a therapist twice a week over it =P) anyway...ty for letting us know whats up

G

Oh didn't know you posted under two names that was clearly a response to Cruz Cavera but I'll make sure to remember now that you are both Parizad. lmao. You guys are all nuts. I am so glad your mothers carried you for nine months so that you can all refer to a caring womans concerns for someone being attacked on a post as a simple depression or time of the month rant. I know if I were your mother I'd be so proud that that is how you view woman. I am glad that his sexist comment all amused you. Your mothers should be proud and to all the woman commending that comment I am glad you still prefer to be referred to as a woman who does not have a mind but simply express your opinions based on your mood or whether your having your period that month. Way to go Ladies roflmao

G

<blockquote><hr>

who cares if EA Land comes up tonight i mean look at what everyone is turning into Pari it's getting so bad here i'm about to cancel my aco**** in about 1 hour fi this don't stop and i paid over 120+ dollars in USA on atm and i now i wanna quit thats sayign something right there...

[/ QUOTE ]Honey, I hate to say this, but - what you see going on here is analogous to everyone holding hands singing kumbaya around a campfire compared to how things usually go here in City Hall. In order to survive in City Hall, you have to have a thick skin and asbestos undies. A flak jacket helps.

Seriously, this thread has been amazingly civil under the circumstances. I am truly impressed!

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

Shirl, I don't think Parizad didn't want to deal with Lauren, I think she gave the best and most reasonable advice she could to someone that was hurting for us... I thought she was being very nice and caring (Parizad, that is)

And of course, withdrawals are doing this to us... right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with ya. I had to go edit it after I read it.. LOL, trying to read some of these and reply while i'm laughing so hard I can't see is almost impossible. lmao

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Damn, to think we're having this much fun on stratics when the game is down for a day, I just think what it could've been like with the 90 day notice. Ah, we can dream.

C

Cruz Cavera

<blockquote><hr>

I'm so with Parizad on this... I'm so happy she made this post! People really need to realize that they are doing this FOR US! We don't want a bugged game and it takes a while to fix a problem like this. She is just doing her job and I think she is doing a great job!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, the economy was out of control before. Well, I am thankful we have a group that is doing beyond office hours to fix a game. If they weren't here this game w o u l d n o t e x i s t . So, think some bugs and lag that can be fixed or no game at all.

G

ok so im sitting in tc3 skilling thought i should do something constructive like clean, then i saw choc. chip cookies on tv had to have some, so would anyone else like some homemade from choc chip cookies from scratch right out of oven?

G

Well I am sure she is proud of you as to how you are referring to a womans opinion and how you gang up on an innocent girls concerns. But apparently I am in the wrong but all your comment telling he to get off are okay. Take a page from your own response and close your browser if you don't like what I am saying. Roflmao

G

I'm happy that you informed us everyday about everything in EAland about updates or whatever the cause.

I'm just totally disgusted how the community is right now.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

FFL. Please.

G

Omg I'm like having flashbacks of cash registers and whatnot...

holy smokes.

G

gotkeyz

<blockquote><hr>

Okay, here's the situation... As most of you know, we had an exploit on EA-Land last night. We've closed down the city to fix the exploit and to remove the simoleans from the accounts. We had hoped to have EA-Land online by now, but as you can see, we are still working on it.

We have two options:

1. If we're not done in the next 4 hours, we will go home for the night to sleep, and EA-Land will remain offline until sometime tomorrow.

2. If we're not done in the next 4 hours, we bring EA-Land back online, but ban all of the accounts that were associated with this exploit. That would put a bubble over those accounts until we finish cleaning up the exploit funds tomorrow.

We're very hesitant to do this becuase there are store owners and other bystanders that had absolutely nothing to do with the exploit. They just happen to get their hands on some dirty money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been following this all day. I might have missed the last 2 pages as they have been filling up fast. I am not sure if this has been pointed out yet or not. Please tell me where the question is here. Is there a question mark? She said "WE have 2 options" I took that as EA has 2 options not all those people that pay 9.99 a month. Personally I would like to thank Parizad for keeping us updated about what they are/trying/working on/ and all the other stuff they do for us. It is my guess that they don't want to sleep until the game is up, that is for us, not just them. I have only posted one or two other times but just give me some of that rum and pizza and a set of pom poms as I shout "GO TEAM GO TEAM GO TEAM...GOOD JOB:)

Status
Not open for further replies.