• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake PVP Thread

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i cant trash talk you guys. its not in my nature. im not jazzed up fighting you guys either.

but it was a lot of fun. my quote on pits was just that they probably feel like the field has been evened out some is all.
we had taken near every damn spawn from them the past month. not to mention ship looting the like.

early on we didnt have a dismounter. than orion switched to dismounts and i switchted to sasha and took care of paras and moving shots. we had a bit more success.

by no means would i claim a victory. was a good skirmish with noses bloodied on all sides.

chessy's alive at yew gate again, go figure. only thing missing are the gz gank squad hugging blues.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
How hard would it be for someone who has not done much PvP to get involved? It is something that I have thought about many times and am interested in. I would need a lot of advice and help at the beginning but not sure who would be willing to take a total noob under their wing.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
How hard would it be for someone who has not done much PvP to get involved? It is something that I have thought about many times and am interested in. I would need a lot of advice and help at the beginning but not sure who would be willing to take a total noob under their wing.
You would have learning pains and have to realize that you have to dedicate a template to pvp, not trying to mix and match it for other things. But it can totally be done. And, from what I know about all the groups pvping right now, they all have plenty of people willing to help others.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have plenty of characters so having one as PvP only would not be a problem.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have plenty of characters so having one as PvP only would not be a problem.
Pretty much anyone but PITS who pvps right now can teach I think. Everyone who posts on this thread (except me) is a veteran pvper who could certainly teach, template dependant (for some).

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my advise is to start with one particular character build and learn how to play it. you need to observe what type of gear you will need to effectively compete i.e., armor, weaponry etc. everything in pvp is geared towards survivability and burst damage.

you will die, alot. dont get discouraged. just have plenty of gold so you dont lose your essentials. ask to duel, ask questions.
its hard to run solo. theres no chivalry in fel. try to hook up with a pvp guild. if you want to talk about trying out pain let me know.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Practice practice practice..Learning to be a Mage is an extremely long process there are so many factors involved that you wont learn overnight. How to disrupt , when to cast what, when you have that second to get off a cure etc etc..your best best is to get in on a thrower or archer to start it's an easy template limited macros needed and almost anyone can play it, in your off pvp time to learn Mage just duel duel duel as slobber knocker said have plenty of gold for insurance you will die ALOT..gank squads will NOT make you better it's only a crutch..when you can survive alone on average or above average you'll be ok..just gotta out the work in fel

..hope to see ya in the field

One Man Army is me :)

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd say PITS is probably the best guild to learn the basics from. They are in their learning and building stage. So you'd fit in a little better from the get go. But I'm pretty sure any of us here are willing to help.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
5 v 5 for most of the time at the gate last night. Cool that PITS was fighting. Not sure where P@!N went. Wish that PITS would stay out of the guard zone and fight. Aside from having to remember about guard zones while drinking..... overall fun fights.

212-Bocfus running to guards.png 212-Deathmkr Dead.png 212-Silly Goose almost to guards.png 212-'night robinhood.png 212-Smokem Smoked.png 212-Bodies hit the floor.png

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
most of pain logged around 9:30ish.

we were fighting pits earlier and they were in the guard zone. thats just not that much fun tbh.

almost as lame when act used to fight from that house right in front of the guard zone.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
most of pain logged around 9:30ish.

we were fighting pits earlier and they were in the guard zone. thats just not that much fun tbh.

almost as lame when act used to fight from that house right in front of the guard zone.
and then as soon as you drop n them they'd say "fel yew moongate" "guards" and yo'd get whacked everytime... Those were the days... lol I hate guard zone fighting.

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chessy pvp looks bad. I was going to x fer a small guild to fight ; (

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chessy pvp looks bad. I was going to x fer a small guild to fight ; (
You should its good fun man not huge groups like atl

-PK- max has 6 on
Pain max has 10-12 on
Pits max has 10 or so

And it's all bad PVPers omg..free insurance for you guys :/

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
not the best shots today... i missed a lot of the killing at the beginning. not sure why/how pits and pain are fighting together. pits had even numbers/outnumbered us all night. yeah, pain only had 3 on, but still. i don't think we were ever able to catch up with kylun all night. not positive about that though. ~~ enjoy the pics
215  - bodies.png 215 - bldymry & brshne.png 215 - bodies2.png 215 - krush.png 215 - necromanja.png

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awe, ya. I do play both shards. I play Great Lakes and test center with my protege Yoshio Ogata. He's still in training and his progression is slow due to him having a slight case of the downs.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so lynn hill was breaking icarley's stones last nite saying he is terrible. does this mean lynn is not playing with pits nemore? grizz broke from him as well and went to -PK- which i found interesting as well given brian was on his junk.

just trying to keep my scorecard straight though probably doesnt matter as its the chessy shard vs P@IN right now.

thoughts?

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
so lynn hill was breaking icarley's stones last nite saying he is terrible. does this mean lynn is not playing with pits nemore? grizz broke from him as well and went to -PK- which i found interesting as well given brian was on his junk.

just trying to keep my scorecard straight though probably doesnt matter as its the chessy shard vs P@IN right now.

thoughts?
IF that was the case, PAIN would be destroyed :). But when you have 10 on, PK has 3, PITS has 3, yea were gonna knock you out, then take our small #s to fight each other.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the time we get sandwiched lol end up killing pits and having to fight 3v7 while pain stand in fields hehe

..just ask game how many times we statted him

MatlocK

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynn hill has along history of not being able to get along with folks but it still baffles me that he would talk about his soulmate that way

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
so

thoughts?
whhhhhhhaaaaaat?

just the other night we were fighting pits and pain in fire... pits hugging the guard zone, pain on the other side. icarley was healing dalimar and others during the fight. pits outnumbered us and pain had 4 or 5 (we had 5). geez, we went 3 v 7+ each of both pain and pits 2 nights ago i think--i had so many bars on my screen i could barely see. i've gotta find some of the pics i have of that... but later.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
oh, and pain will outnumber us and still field in the place and play a grinder. 3 of us pushed 7 pain the other day in despise. why set up the grinder? i don't get it.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You need to understand tho..cotton counts as two when he plays his thrower so even though we had 3-4 most of the fight and killed all except kylen due to his speedy nature ;) you automatically have to bump that up to 4-5 so it was 4-5vs3Pain 5/6 Pits pretty even any day..

Even though they stood outside cottons fel yew house 7 or 8 vs me Amit and cotton and still felt the need to one field around the house like there was no tmrw..it's all good as long as the paging stops we will field more in the very near future :)

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i carley is not with us.

who paged???

who is matlock? welcome aboard.

numbers are numbers i suppose. guys run spawns for fights and if we find one whoever is in vent comes. not everyone likes to yew gate fight so u guys no its not mandatory.

fielding, grinder is just a tactic. its not something we always do. hell we largely got away from it these past 6 months, though i was a big proponent that we do more of it. vally and orion are playing more and with sadist and tao we now have 4 guys who like to call. staying together is always an issue for us so if we dont have our stuff wired tight, which we dont at times you guys can take advantage.

i still dont like that you guys left because i genuinely looked forward to you guys in vent every night but in the end fights are picking up so i guess for shard wide participation its a good thing.

you should have handed over a white skull to us last nite so we could pop a harry. you do know what P@INS thoughts are on doing oaks ... hahaha... "lets do an oaks" followed by a mass exodus to the afk channel PING PING PING PING PING.

everyone suddenly has a dog that needs to be walked.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
btw, my point about icarley is that he is in pits, but was healing pain when we were outnumbered and fighting both others. everyone knows carley isn't in pain. though he did offer to join up against us.... weird cause we have the lowest numbers always

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
birdie tells me -PK- is allying with PITS....

say it aint so joe, LMAO.

if its true i hope u get the 2 oaks skulls a week they used to pay MVP for protection.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would write something about last night... but my memory seems to be hazy and, honestly, i don't remember even going to bed... whoops. :shots:

I need a morning after :pint:

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We finally had a full crew on last night minus pug and nogo(at least when i was on). As much as i didnt wanna leave pain, the last week or so has had a good fight almost every night and those are the reason I still play this game. Its nice to get fights on your home shard after it being unactive for a year lol.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
true dlo88. (r u chris?). you guys have been saying weve run more numbers than you and that this will be fixed soon. i hope you guys continue to roll. if we have numbers you have to adapt and the same will hold true for us. its just a different strategy depending upon which side your viewing things from.

im with you. glad to see fights picking up.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Steve we were running 3 different guilds and factions grouped together today that has changed..you guys want grinders we will actually be able to utilize fields now so let's see how it works out

We have been fielding a max of 5-6 and last I checked my insurance box in my banks tis' been plentiful

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
We finally had a full crew on last night minus pug and nogo
hey! i was there for the oaks fight... then i guess i passed out or something. i do remember continuously making nicky run for his life. guess he couldn't get his disarm going fast enough. i thought the fight was pretty fun though, but yeah, the fields were jacking us up -- ref army's above post.

and yes, it's fun to be pvping again, not just trying to pull a 3 v 1 out of my 4th point of contact

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good to hear it army. these things take time.

so ur really allying with pits? u didnt respond to my query.

i'm sorta surprised if this is true. thought u were looking for more fights. looks like u just looking for numbers if this is the case.

Bhuddakan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Im a little mixed up here but thats really nothing new. Tao here. I counted 6 or 7 PK last night. One Man, Cotton, Nivak, Griz, Navi and Amit.(maybe seven). You guys pushed from above and Pits had on alot maybe 9 or 10. We had about 9 on. I dont understand why fielding is an issue when we were almost outnumbered 2 to 1. We did a good job on that one so just give us some props geeze. Was a great fight to everyone involved and this has brought some real life to Ches pvp. So something good has come from a difficult situation. And lets hand it to the Pits crew, they have improved tremendously and do bring competition to the table. Good job everyone.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wouldn't rejoice on getting the better of nicky. he is sorta a real one man army right now. so if fields were an issue for u imagine what they were for him.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not for nothing Tao I agree with you 100% about the fights but I don't think pits left the bowl that whole oaks..we fought u they killed lord oaks

Bhuddakan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Army we fought you guys and tried to push the bowl at the same time. We tried to pull Oaks away but then we had to turn our attention back to you. It was a constant see saw, we did not just concentrate on your push. But views differ was fun.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at one or two points we had erradicated everyone and controlled oaks. we made the error of fielding oaks in with us and didnt have enough people on for a dedicated two man team to take it out. it happens. pits got the skull but in our minds they paid a price for it.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wouldn't rejoice on getting the better of nicky. he is sorta a real one man army right now. so if fields were an issue for u imagine what they were for him.
I'm not going to sit here and argue he had an easy time against everyone but I can say he was far from the main target and was just picking up garbage kills of people who'd been dumped on..

And Steve you can make jokes about fields and such it's all good man we are all guilded tonight you guys want to grinder now we won't be fielding ourselves in will be fun to test outcome

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i logged just around midnite. heard you got the better of us at 2am. good morale win for you guys.
Was it that late....either it was 3v5 not in a grinder go figure

I was having client issues the whole night teaches me to try something new

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yea the lag and crashes in the 2d client pushed me and Army to try 3d... that was ... it was something lol. That 3d going to take a lot of time to get used to.

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
3D client is so ugly and sucky. Just saying :D Anyways I wasnt at the oaks so I cant really speak about that, but I was at the fight that went from tera keep to fire to desert all the way up to lighthouse. Was good fun.