• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake PVP Thread

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You seem to think I don't pvp? I've been pvping longer than 99% of the remaining people who sub to UO. I'm on multiple shards, including ATL and LS. Just because you don't know who i am, doesn't mean I'm not there :). And no. I won't tell you my alias on those shards. But I will say I have fought and won against you guys, and I can easily say I've fought and lost as well. Its hard to win battles when I'm there w/ one or two others. But I can make a dent here and there.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Ohhh! And to add: I am going to be getting screenshots and videos of battles from here on out. Wonder if they fixed Fraps to work w/ UO... last time I tried it didn't work.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
dead solus's and dead virem's are funny.

were playing a small crew on atl at the moment. we usually get the upper hand early until more and more poor in and we get over run. been fun and should be more so once we get a few more of us to finish there toons there.

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
We've had like one battle in the last month... Which we won. Where the hell is all of PITS, DOTA, and RBG? Jesus somone do something.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
someone was spawning up a storm yesterday. guess we finally caught someone in the afternoon but i was to annoyed watching the giants fold up like a cheap suit. there was a load of idocs on atl yesterday and we were fighting up a storm there.

we are watching though, so hope to get some fights going again on chessy.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
someone was spawning up a storm yesterday. guess we finally caught someone in the afternoon but i was to annoyed watching the giants fold up like a cheap suit. there was a load of idocs on atl yesterday and we were fighting up a storm there.

we are watching though, so hope to get some fights going again on chessy.
yeah, i was the guy caught in the, well, it was evening i guess. cotton and sadist ganked my semidar. oh well, i at least disrupted them some as they were leaving with my sampi thanks to a couple of LL ganging up on sadist.

milk's got a lot of army stuff going on right now, but the new year should be better. once i get myself a glad collar (why u think i was doing semi?) for him, we'll be back in the mix. only two of us, but maybe a dota or two will play too if we're on.

Geronimo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh, that was you? Were you on BOTH characters we saw there? I was at work and am SUPER laggy (3meg connection for 250+ machines, 30 servers and 150 sales people) and when I ran up to raid, one person succeeded at a perfect hide, right in front of me, then stealth'd off...
After we killed Semi, which was a royal P@!N and I must have died 10x+, I was barely able to move. When you attacked me on my way out I had the Lich Lords on me.. I didn't realize I was red-lined until the last second and then just died haha. Your Sampi does hit hard but I am glad the LL got the gold :)

Keep on playing!

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, by the time you guys got there, I was sort of sleep-spawning and got startled when I saw sadist. You must have either seen someone else or just lagged like crap cause I didn't get a hide, I just moved out and proceeded to try to fight a bunch of demons and blue thingys around the corner and died gloriously. My protector was downstairs and never broke his hide, I don't think you all saw him.

But yeah, I was on my wife's laptop on her account spawning it up cause we were visiting my parents in VA. When I died, after laughing at you guys a little getting your butts kicked my semi (come on, that was funny) I realized that I had a chance and taking you down while because your wammies were having such a hard time. Anyways, none of my characters had any macros! AHHHH. So, yeah, after I left and rezed, I decided that my sampi was the best choice and tried the all out attack. Well, at least the LLs got one of you. I'm definatley going to make Gia a hammer pick cause I think that would have helped a lot.

Don't worry, I'm not going anyhwere. Just don't have a lot of time.

Geronimo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
To Don't Tread On Me:

I was asked whether or not I looted a Crimson from your body in Despise the other night by Army. I did not see it upon quick inspection of your body and would have returned it if I had - you are a cool guy so I would gladly have given it back. I asked my guild mate who was working the spawn and he stated he never even looked at your body. Sorry you lost it.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yeah man, I asked the question not because I question your integrity or anything--more like a WTF happened to my ***** crimmy! Actually, milk's house seems to be a black hole right now and lots of things are going missing. He lost his crimmy (it was equipped) just like I did. Very strange.

Anyways, I was pretty sure you didn't have it, but I wanted to make sure. There's no reason it wouldn't be insured (or blessed, can't remember which) and I went back down looking for you after I rezzed and think that I would have noticed not having it. But who knows, it was new years and i had been drinking. When I saw queen latiffa down there, I figured I'd run up and switch to nogo and get me a murder count (or at least start a nice fight) but my baby girl started crying and i was done for the night. But yeah, after the thief got two crimmies, now two more have disappeared, milk and I are out minus the one garg one I have. That really hampers our pvp abilities...

Hopefully we'll find them or something, but I think his house is bugged and I'm going to make him move!

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hrmmm if that old, shouldn't have mattered. Are you sure both of your guys acounts havn't been hacked? and check all over your house for it... I haven't had anything disappear, and of course all my **** is secure.

Geronimo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As some of you may be aware, I was a dumb*** and forgot to insure an item before rushing in to battle. The item ended up being a Tunic which fit my suit perfectly. iCarley ended up with it and after I asked, would not return it.

If someone has any way to get in touch with him please let him know I am willing to trade another piece of sick armor, which would fit his suit better, for that tunic. I completely understand the "you dropped it, I keep it" mentality that many have, so I am willing to make a trade for it - 1 sick piece for another.

I can guarantee that I have something to fit his suit better than the one he got from me.

-Sadist
email: [email protected]

Last edited:

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Yep, well, Milk logged in today and redressed a bunch of times and his crimmy showed up. Then he looked in a box and mine was there too. Not sure what's up, buy I physically counted everything in that box and it was NOT in there before. But yeah for us, our stuff is back.

See y'all on the battlefield

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bad night for me.... so I catch one of the P@!N dudes sleeping on the job in despise to open my night. I totally missed my composite bow macro and instead hit my normal bow and missed out on the moving shot... but I caught up to him and finished the job. Then I died horribly in the rest of my fights. poo sticks.

props to pain tho for not gankin my butt as i trailed them around for fringe fights.

Geronimo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Lol, yep, you caught our guy in Despise while he was rudely taken away from his PC without notice! He told us he came back and you had him pretty much dead - we responded, would you have done any different if you found a guy AFK in a spawn? lol

As for the no-gank thing, no problem there. I mean, we know 6 people will roll one so why not at least let you get a solo fight? A guy as honorable as you deserves the chance and Kylun was itching for a one-on-one. You guys have almost the same template, made sense to let you guys duke it out.
As for the Riki we took from AM I Evil last night: We saw you there but as long as you kept your distance it was more important for us to kill it before chasing you down.

Keep showing up and hopefully you will bring friends >:)

By the way, that "duel" you watched me in last night against MadMartigan/Insidious One was funny as hell! I waited nearly an hour for that and it was over in seconds. He wanted a best 2 out of 3 and it didn't get to 3 :) Thanks for not ganking on me during it.

Geronimo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A recent day in the life of the a murderer, by Sadist:

The day started fine, feet up by the hearth fire. Groggy with the morning ale I closed my eyes. Ahh, another lazy day… Suddenly I heard a mix of laughter, cries, and the clang of metal come forth from within the Communication Crystal on the mantle! The sound was unmistakable – and one I have heard thousands of time before… BATTLE!

Even though my feet had barely warmed and my eyes were still crusted shut from sleep, I could not resist the urge to join the fray. I called out for my smith, but he did not answer. Where could he be? “SMITH! Where are thou??” I yell again, “SMITH, you slacker, where are thou?! I need my newest suit of armor!” Where could he be with this piece of craftsmanship he so confidently calls glorious? Time to see just how amazing it is in battle – and to see if all his slaving over the Soul Forge was worth it.

I stumble up the ladder to his workshop (I say stumble because remember, my feet are yet to be warmed on this cold morning). I squint through the haze of morning light.. YES! There it is!! On the mannequin along the back wall! I rush over to it and quickly don the newly crafted and enhanced pieces. How splendid! It fits perfectly, like none other before it! Magnificent! I do not wait and finish dressing as quickly as my cold fingers
can lace up the leather. I am ready!

I perform the Sacred Journey to Serpent’s Hold, the quickest route to where the battle was raging. I run, past the Evil Mages and into the pits of Destard. Onward I pass through the mystical portal and appear in the vile place known as Terrathan Keep. The sound of battle has dimmed, yet I know it to be close. I rush along the bridge leading to the Star Room.

As I enter, I see no one. Yet, what is that by the exit portal? Yes, a foe. iCarley is the name. We have met before on the field of battle and I relish the chance to dive into the fight once again. I attack, he defends. War fork, swings, heal spell casts..Swing again, miss..miss, hit! He laughs upon successfully casting the Explosion and I prepare for the burn of fire to hit me. BOOM!! I concentrate and channel the spirits to replenish my life force. I feel the shock of little spells as they erupt upon me.

Back and forth.. I shall chase him and keep him from casting those painful spells again! ARGHHH! How annoying those quick little spells. Due to the incredible speed which my opponent possesed, I dig deep into my soul for all of my wily tricks, including a relentless onslaught of the Pain Spike spell. Yes! It works! I have forced him to run! I ready a Special Attack which I have practiced a long time. In one furious swipe I lay upon him an Infectious Strike that poisons him, forcing his eyes wide open in pain. He is losing his life, and perhaps this battle! He runs!

As I give chase back out to Terrathan Keep, I feel confident that this battle is near the end. He is half dead and running.. WAIT! What is this? He has turned again on me! He is fast! My cold fingers and toes cannot seem to keep up. I try the relentless assault of the Pain Spike again, but it fails. NO! How can this be? I call upon the Paladins to provide me life to continue. I am unable to keep up! I feel sluggish under the onslaught. I ask the Spirits to speak their life force into me, but they are too slow! Anxiety briefly grips me as I realize I may lose this battle. In a whirlwind of fury I lash out with Holy Light, only to feel the sick burn of pain and the stench of death as I lose consciousness….

All is quiet.. I hear a voice thanking me. For what, I wonder? In the blackness of gray, I am told that I have lost something. What could it be? I call out in the spirit world, “What did I lose?” A tunic.. A tunic?? Oh no!! I have lost a piece of the magnificent armor my smith made for me yesterday. His anger will be unbearable! I ask for it to be returned.. iCarley says, “Only if you regale the world with the story of your defeat”. I have no choice, I must comply. My Smith, whom I owe my life to for crafting me armor to keep me alive in battle all these years, deserves nothing less…..

Last edited:

hobbit35

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow great story Sadist! You have earned back thy tunic of destruction. Last week I too lost a pair of leggings that dropped on Legends, so I totally understand the feeling one has when losing a piece of pimp armor. Unfortunately OF did not return them, the hate runs deep. My demands have been met, so I am a man of my word. On my journey to Luna to return thy armor! Appreciated the laugh! :danceb:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Was a little rough to get the item back, with some back and forth... un true statements. But in the end, everything worked out as it should have. People forget to insure stuff, it happens, and it sucks if it happens to you. That is why I like having a mutual agreement if people drop stuff to return it. On the sadder side of that, there are people like Nikcy Dyal (Game Over, Fucanelli) who swear up and down they'll never return an item. and that breaks the trust/honor system we have in place.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's ok as I've stated before if any of them drop anything it gets smelted or cut up and dropped..clowns!

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
SO beat Nicky Dyal, on Nicky Dyal, Game Over, he got Lynn Hill, got me. Talked more ****. I said if I had my dexxer here, I'd beat him. He said where it at... I said ATL. So he wanted to fight thrower to thrower on ATL. So we did... And once again Cotton wins.

:)

Attachments

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So I actually remembered to get some pics.... yeah. And I am a dude with a little honor, so of course I show the retaliotion as well. See what happened was.... i jumped into despise (on Nogo) and what do you know, Shadowfang (P@!N) was down there spawning it up. Well, of course I am like whoaaaaaa, yeah! For the record, he attacked me, but only because he got there first. :)
Almost Dead.png Dead.png
Later little ramadi wanted to fight so we kicked it off outside destard. The little rat kept dismounting me. I died in the end, oh well.

Later I died.png

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And that nice little rat rezzed you up and thank'd you for your noble pvp efforts.

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds.like a good time. Wish I could have been there. Chest PvP isn't dead, just in a coma.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What? I'm just trying to record events.

Amuitlu Died.png
Oh. I was fighting with RBG cause, well, I can and I like them. PBPPTHHBPTHthtpbhhhthbph!

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Hey! Where are all the juicy pics from last night's action. I saw a lot of hub-bub over general chat....

*Plugs video camera into power core*

*Picks up smartphone and decides to use that instead because it is so much more convenient*

*Thumbs through recruiting posters and wonders about enlisting*

Last edited:

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
So PITS/DOTA/EV/ and who else is in their shard wide alliance put up a fight at an idoc. was 12+ against me and Counsla. Wasn't much we could do. I did end up killing more then I died, so thats always good. I looted a dyed lt sash, and they said I was a liar so I thought i'd post here to prove I did get one... I don't really care if you believe me or not, I guess your scripts didn't detect it or something. I have 17 sashes, and this is the ONLY one that is dyed. I don't even have any dyes ...

Attachments

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
where's the pictures of dead me? all that fighting and no pics. well, i have a few. i forgot with most of the later fighting, but i got our first tiff right here.

Ok, so the first P@!N in was Mok. He died pretty fast in the 2v1 and didn't get support until the very end.
Mok Down.png

Then Carr got jacked up and ran for the hills...i mean guards and called them on me. the first time it didn't work, notice he forgot to space first. however, by this time it was 3 of them on 2 of us, i knew i could get guard wacked, but i figured that P@!N would want to fight, so I chased.
Carr Guards atmpt.png

Yeah, Carr called guards again. A sissy move if you ask me, but I took the risk coming after him so I can't complain. But I can show everyone what happened and they can judge for themselves.
Guard Wacked.png

I enjoyed the fights last night. Learning my deathstriker... haven't played with him in, um, a loooooong time and was never very good with him. I laughed at my last 1v1 with Sadist... so, remember it was late at night--don't judge me (too hard), I couldn't figure out how he just rocked my world. I mean I had him disarmed, poisoned, & deathstriked just laying waste into his 4th point.... then, way too late, I realize that he just blood oathed me and let me kill myself. I'm too used to having resist... not sure if I can handle NOT having it, but that makes my template real funky.

oh, and Cotton, if you need to get rid of some of your LT sashes... i can probably some a home for them

hope i can get on tonight, i have a lot of homework that i haven't done yet

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Was a fun fight. We had 10, I counted 14? PITS. Could been some doubles I'm sure. Good job to both sides. Here are the pics I got. I wish I got more, but hard to hit the take pic macro when your in non-stop battle.

I think its official, Nicky Dyal and Brian are part of PITS. So don't say your not, cause you are.

Last edited:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know you can bind those spells to keys so you dobt have to drag the icon onto your desktop

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You know you can bind those spells to keys so you dobt have to drag the icon onto your desktop
lol, w/ pots and all that `123456qwertyuasdfghjzxcvbn is all used up. And some of those I do have on a key I just have them pulled for some crazy reason.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
this new alignment makes pits think they actually have a chance to compete now.

Cant recall the last time yew gate was that active last nite.

you guys pulled tom out of retirement. is there anyone cotton doesnt have in his rolodex?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We aren't allied with anyone Steve if we were it wouldn't have been as much mayhem as is it was we had 3 people fighting against all of you and pits but it was fun as F! Please at least admit that

Sadist always says he's a pvp motivator..I think he succeeded

This split is good for chessy I still like a lot if you guys I just hope this doesn't come between that

See y'all in fel

CottonEyeJoe104

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Chessy pvp just got more interesting..for sure!
Its always up to me to shake up Chessy every couple of years. This wasn't the way I planned for it to happen, but more fights on the home-shard is a good thing. Sadly against decade long friends.

this new alignment makes pits think they actually have a chance to compete now.

Cant recall the last time yew gate was that active last nite.

you guys pulled tom out of retirement. is there anyone cotton doesnt have in his rolodex?
PITS will always be a force when they have 7+ throwers on surrounded by Brian's amazing tamer skills and fast ass Nicky. Just gotta out smart them!
Tom was on last night?

We aren't allied with anyone Steve if we were it wouldn't have been as much mayhem as is it was we had 3 people fighting against all of you and pits but it was fun as F! Please at least admit that

Sadist always says he's a pvp motivator..I think he succeeded

This split is good for chessy I still like a lot if you guys I just hope this doesn't come between that

See y'all in fel
Yea I don't plan on trash talking or hating on anyone. I just want to have fun. And I had a helluva time last night.