• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Chesapeake PVP Thread

C

California Rasin

Why yes, this fatty still plays UO, he cant do anything else but get blown apart by baddies in Battlefield 3.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I've been enjoying the P@!N / DOTA rivalry on the nights that I have logged on. Seems as though there's always something going on. I think it's funny that even though P@!N had the star room rigged to blow, DOTA and PITS still attempted to break in. Not too bright (I for one have never claimed to be) but we were hoping for a fight at least.

As for the rest, a few fun scrimmages around the world as bits and pieces met in random engagements. Happy fighting everyone!

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree chessy has def picked up! i enjoyed monday night, with a billion pain/mm more like 15 but still plenty, raiding primevil lich. we (LD) had 5 there and DOTA had about 8, sadly they tried to gank us first. Obviously we were the bigger threat haha.. But i digress, we left after almost getting killed. we came back, LD and DOTA pushed that Pain/MM alliance into the dirt. Than DOTA instantly turned on us and got one kill. All the while allowing one oath member, the original spawn popper, to kill the lich :( :(. I wanted the fight to keep going damnit!! DOTA ran out the bog exit trying to field it up, we pushed through that and our five made quick work of their 8. I guess they didnt have their savior brian on to show his all kill no skill leetness :). either way fun times, keep the chessy fights alive and our 5 core members will keep winning against all odds :)

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel bad for Jawbone, he's the only !OF! still playing UO.

Soon enough he'll get a new computer, and be able to play fun games with the rest of the guild.

P.S.

Myst, I hear you call some random still playing the game me in an attempt to talk trash. It's not me. I've not played in 2months+. Go scam something from you're guildies baddie!

P.S.S.

Bocfus, and Game you were booted for a reason. I know !OF! hasn't been active aside from Jaw, but if he's fighting someone and ur on, and not helping him....well there's no reason for you to be in the guild.

From the few times i did talk in vent with ya guys, you seemed to be cool people. Just move on, and have fun. No reason to go ape **** over a game.

L

longshanks

Agreed on the good fights, Jrede.

We had you on the run early at the lich but couldnt hold
the choke inside the building when you ganged up on us,
but we gave as good as we got so bottom line was it
was fun to see that many running around down there.

we held the sigils this week and called out dota for a fight
but they chose to take that time to do a harry instead. :(

we popped despise after looking for a fight and the dota/pits
alliance came in 20 strong and got steamrolled which was
fun.

im all for trash talk in good fun but sorry to see some of
the attacks getting a bit personal. hope we can clean that
up a bit moving forward.

good stuff right now. good to see three o.j. guilds represented.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the most physically attractive person on Chesapeake, I'd really appreciate it if you ugs could stop hurling personal insults at each other.

Thanks

L

longshanks

As the most physically attractive person on Chesapeake, I'd really appreciate it if you ugs could stop hurling personal insults at each other.

Thanks
lynk,

if your saying most physically attractive compared to the rest of chessy it might not be saying all that much :)

Dorinda

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks
Kaching from lake Austin has more swagger than you.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
dont know about that. the other night he was definately''run after''
Probably true... but this forum would be even more boring if we all said "wow! you did real good" "no, you did" "no, you did" etc etc. Of course I always do bad, but doesn't that make it even worse when I kill ya?

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Finally ran into Pits sneaking a spawn on the island last nite and made quck work of them. we then popped a despise only to have noone raid :/

LD only having 4 on tried to choke the star but we came in behind them and pushed them all the way back to the sparkles. topped off the night with a 1 v 1 lesson our guy to their guy with their guy eating dirt 4x and yes its on you tube.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You didn't push us to sparkles Blitz. You pushed us to the tunnels (4 v 15). We statted two of you and then you all ran back to Star Room.

After that, we challenged you to continue pushing on our 4 LD and we would only use our noses to hit our macros. No one pushed.

Also, regarding your duels with Stuii. He is not a doucher. He complimented you on your casting both in gen chat and vent. No one in LD cares if we lose a duel, dueling is not life. You should focus less on your spell plague spamming in arenas and more on boosting your confidence up enough to push on 4 people holding off 15.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
why push you again. we had already proved we could push you where ever we wanted. your kills were a result of constantly throwing walls. *shrugs*

The nose pushing thing was sort of childish by the way, as was the caps lock talking, hence the lack of response on our part.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why push you again. we had already proved we could push you where ever we wanted. your kills were a result of constantly throwing walls. *shrugs*

The nose pushing thing was sort of childish by the way, as was the caps lock talking, hence the lack of response on our part.
lmao u push nothing son! Blitz knows that last time he pushed his 15 against 5 of us everyone of them got dirtnapped. Secondly Dueling means nothing cept for who has a better ping, blitz casts a spell plague faster than an ebolt, riddle me that one. He also was using enchants, pots, triggers, and healing stone, sorry sir but thats not a duel. Furthermore the last duel went for 25 mins with stuii's ping atleast double of blitz, so blitz is not good at all. Pure mage stuii would beat him hands down. Dont know who you are, dont care, zerg all you want! Stay on the island with ur 15 instead of pushing off and trying to kill someone. Its really no big deal. Only true pvpers left in this game is LD, Jawbone, and whatever guild slip is in. U know the crew's that dont care about pixel rewards. Dont hold an island or a choke when ur zerging. Dont rush spawns. the ones who leave the champs up and push off and destroy ppl. Thatd be us :)! The ones who sit in fields and chokes, rush spawns, and dont push the enemy while outnumbering their opponents 3 to 1 that would be u guys lol. Thanks for playing

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
so i guess what your saying from your comments above is that your guild plays totally on the up and up. *cough* *cough* i think weve done a pretty good job of late spamming in gen chat when we have a champ up, so dont accuse us of sneaking off anywhere to do anything. that would be DOTA/PITS. when we spammed that the coon was up the other nite, you sent in HAHA and than proceeded to choke the star. least thats the way i remember it. anyway wth, its all semantics here. point is we have some decent size pvp on chessy at the moment. lets not take it too serious and just enjoy it. better than fighting 30 man non faction guilds on GL, dont you think?

M

murmandamus

i think weve done a pretty good job of late spamming in gen chat when we have a champ up, so dont accuse us of sneaking off anywhere to do anything.
The only time yall spam a spawn is when MM is on and that means there is 12+ on, also spamming a champ up or harry up when ur already have first form dead does not mean much other than yall have 12+ on..... Any other time the spawns, yall are sneaking them off so.... ya... speak as u will about not sneaking stuff off but everyone knows what happens when you dont have alot on

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
first slobberkncoker plz tellus who you are? Cuz if your a nobody pain member its not worth arguing with u. link commented that u are blitz so if you are buddy plz let the forum know. we had a falling out but atleast u can be considered a pvper and worth trash talking too :p. secondly if this is blitz, im sure slip and pug both taught you better than what uve been doing. U don't spam baraccoon up while its half life, with a zerg, and then stay on island and kill it and rush into star. How many times did we have five or six ppl on, keep the baracoon up, run off and fight. The longer the champ stays alive the longer the fight lasts :). I agree that GL is trash and im glad its not like that on chessy. Furthermore u are DAMN STRAIGHT we went to star to choke it. It was 4 against 12, thats called tactics. Luring a zerg down a hallway and walling their members off and killing them is also called tactics. It was a smart tactical move for your crew to back off cuz if u kept following u would have all died like the last time it was 5 v 13 or 14 :). Ill put our crew up against anyone in those circumstances. Paith and chad's crew are the only ones as good as us in that scenario. Blitz don't u get tired of being the only one in that crew who knows what hes doing? just curious. Pain doesnt have one good member in it. As far as MM its u, bluebie, ecks and various that are worthy of speaking about.

P.S. solus likes to talk like we abandoned ATL but we only have five or six members and three of them havent been ranked up. Hopefully that has changed, i was away for the weekend. So we should start poppin back up on atl as well.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL I got plenty of kills on LD last night, was great. Btw, ty Pits/DOTA for the stat scrolls yesterday. LD was a no show, but we pushed/killed all of pits/dota, found their stealther with all the scrolls, and killed him to get the spoils. Alot faster than killing the harrower ourselves LOLOL

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
please see above.

o.k. so we should work the spawn and not kill champ... got it.

last nite we took a semi from pits on island. we again spammed for a raid but noone came.

took a harrower yesterday from the pits / dota REAL ZERG. was well played on our part. we took over their choke on 2nd level fire then proceeded to locate their stealther (Tattoo), kill him and relieved him of all scrolls. Then we pushed out and massacred everyone all the way back to the serps hold entrance. it was glorious. 5 25's and various 20's 15's etc were rolled upon.

ill leave aside the snarky who's a real pvp'r comments. fights have been fun.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
good fight last night. we didnt win but we got a hell of a lot of kills and held that choke for over an hour-1/2. good back and forth battle though. thanks to gareth for popping the harry.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I have been hearing a lot about DOTA/PITS being a zerg. I haven't been on much in the last couple weeks, but DOTA is almost always outnumbered by OJs. Yes, we don't attack PITS, but most of the time, it's about even numbers with P@!N/MM adding DOTA and PITS together. Which is far from a zerg because the two guilds not only are in dif vents, but also can't x-heal, PITS kills don't stat, etc etc etc.

Honestly, I think that chess is pretty even now days. LD can't generally push against P@!N or DOTA in at a choke, but they have their core 5 players or so that ALWAYS play together which makes up for the numbers of DOTA and P@!N in the general melee fights. The bigger guilds always have a random assortment of players on, so they might be used to playing together, or nearly strangers fighting together for the first time. I know half the time I log in and am like "who's that guy?" It looks like all three guilds can give each other a run for their money, depending on terrain and personnel available. UM@D has a good core group, but they're smaller than LD and can't really hang if any of the others have numbers on.

BTW, Jrede, I might not be a "real" PvPer by your standards, but shouldn't you maybe have a little more open mind about welcoming people to the pvp community? Instead of putting us guys who aren't as good as you and don't play as much as you down, maybe just accept that some of us like to pvp even though we aren't uber UO players and don't have the same skills. Me, for example, would love to play a mage but, honestly, don't have enough time to train one up, get the 120s I need, and learn the macros to play one at any kind of effectiveness. I, personnaly, don't think that makes me a "non-pvper," but whatever.

I'm with slobber (blitz?) that fights are pretty fun and I'm having a better time than I ever have pvping (though this is the first time I've been in a guild of more than 2 or 3)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HMM. I take it theres alot of action on chessy right now? Was about to move a char to LS, might have to move one here as well. Mainly large choke point fights?

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Aside from Harry's and other set up battles... I've noticed that most tend to be open (ish) field fights that devolve into chokes because one side was winning. Of course, when it's 10+ on 5, then the standard choke occurs. I've seen some good sigil fights, IDOCs, Harrys, normal spawns, whatever, it's pretty wide open. Though I think the sigil fighting might be over because as far as I know, everyone got the warhorses they desired.

M

murmandamus

slobberknocker, just fyi, at that harry we had 2 ppl who died the whole fight, but needless to say it was a fun ass kickin :)

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hahah soo true murm, we had two deaths out of 7 of us and pushed 13 Pain/MM through a two tile choke and destroyed them. Than blitz got in channel crying about duels etc., solus wouldnt answer my icq, so i guess they were pretty sore about the beating :). Was def a fun fight and LD was victorious outnumbered yet again :)... Don't tread on me, im not sure who you are? I don't put down ppl trying to learn pvp. I put down tactless zergs who talk trash when its 10v2. usually im making fun of pain bc for the last few months theyve had 10+ on and resorted to choke points agains 3-5 ppl. that is tactless. Furthermore I was learning once to ya know, in a five man guild and i played an archer at first. too be honest it was entirely too simple to play so i upgraded to a mage. I'm by no means a great dueler or nething bc i have a busy real life and play for an hour or two during primetime. I could care less about dueling cuz the winner is the one who pings better than the other, i log for big fights and am undoubtedly one of the best team players out there. This game is not about 1v1's its about crew against crew. So blitz can shout about duels all he wants cuz he has soo much free time to play on test and what not, but when it comes to big fights his crew loses cuz they just dont work well as a team :). Ill take quality over quantity any day of the week and twice on sundays :p

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Don't tread on me, im not sure who you are?
I am Nogo/Kelson of course. I'm in DOTA. I'm a Chessy only kinda guy.

I don't put down ppl trying to learn pvp. I put down tactless zergs who talk trash when its 10v2.
Well, I'm usually on the other side of a 10v2 with milkbone getting our butts kicked...

usually im making fun of pain bc for the last few months theyve had 10+ on and resorted to choke points agains 3-5 ppl. that is tactless. Furthermore I was learning once to ya know, in a five man guild and i played an archer at first. too be honest it was entirely too simple to play so i upgraded to a mage. I'm by no means a great dueler or nething bc i have a busy real life and play for an hour or two during primetime.
P@!N tactics are funny, true. But, as you say, you have a core group of 5 or 6 guys who are really good at PvP. That's more than P@!N has... P@!N does not have a core group like that... I think that's why they hired MM to come over. When I'm on, it's always with different people and, I must admit to you, LD is the toughest to beat without a doubt! You guys have great x-talk and coordination. There are a few in DOTA who are crazy good too, but usually not all on at the same time, and only 3 have the good, instinctual coordiantion like you guys have. But, I think putting people down because they have numbers is silly. Now, I am with you that choking with numbers is just weak, but hey, they can, they will I guess. My basic point is that you guys make up for numbers by having the good solid core that is really good at working together.

I know that I'm probably saying teasonous things from a DOTA... but I rather like the P@!N guys (mostly), even with their choking tactics. I dislike MM across the board. My reasons are my own, but I think P@!N did themselves a disservice selling out to the MM. I'm just saying.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
solus wouldnt answer my icq,

Um probably because I wasnt online? Ya know, we were together for a couple months (After ya know, LD came to us asking for an alliance since your whole guild went to play with someone else). I mean, did you even see my characters? No? Then why do people think im online? lol

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Um probably because I wasnt online? Ya know, we were together for a couple months (After ya know, LD came to us asking for an alliance since your whole guild went to play with someone else). I mean, did you even see my characters? No? Then why do people think im online? lol
First of all, u ended up being kinda a cool kid so i'm only talking trash bc of the fact that you started talkin trash to all of us. Secondly you were online, u just rage logged. It was minutes after our 7 pushed ur 13 through a two tile choke and said nighty night. U have a solid group of players if they were on, ie varrious, blitz, ecks, blubie. U woulda been better off with them and no pain members, just sayin drop the scrubs and u might have a chance. Furthermore its LD 5, pain mm alliance 1 :). We've taken an oaks from your zerg with 6 members, taken a harry with 7, destroyed 15 of you in terra keep with 5, and taken two dsp's with 5-7 members. We lost one harry with our 4 against ur 14 and still had more kills than deaths :)

P.S. why'd bluebie block me from icq, she mad at me :( and if ur saying u werent at that harry ur nos char is running around on my video and gareth's pics in the other thread.. i can show u the video if ud like, but it might be one of those things ud rather forget

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, I was not there. My mage is Nosfentor, I am not in the pictures or any video you have of that Harrower...because I wasnt there. If youd like to check your video go ahead

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i stand corrected, it was nox vandal which i believe is varrious.. thought it was nosfentor :p

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
P@IN wins again last night. Took controll of the Harrower at the outset and wiped out all opposing guilds when we pushed out at the end. well played by all and thanks to gareth for once again putting up the skulls :))

got a skull pole too, but a low count on the 25's.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why is everyone so afraid to say who their characters are?

Harry last night was a fun time.

Pain/MM is rolling deeper than Billy Ocean.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
i was on amber rayne. she is a necro weaver. we had a good crew on no doubt about it. Aside from what obliv thinks we have some good players in P@IN as well. Everyone's entitled to his opinion though.

P.S. i was using my toes to hit my macros

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
P@IN wins again last night. Took controll of the Harrower at the outset and wiped out all opposing guilds when we pushed out at the end. well played by all and thanks to gareth for once again putting up the skulls :))

got a skull pole too, but a low count on the 25's.
Whoa whoa whoaa.. hold the phoneee, Pain wins again? plz rephrase that to pain finally wins lol. i got a video of 22 of ur members, so not sure what ur bragging about. U out numbered us 4-1 and Dota 3-1. Secondly u may or may not have good players but every single one of them would be wearing the MM tag not the pain tag. Furthermore u massively zerged a harry and then claim to have good pvpers? Whether u do or do not have good pvpers, u can't claim it when u obviously need that many members to win a fight.

P.S. SOLUS :( i really should not have shot my mouth off saying 15 was not enough to take our 6 or 7 out, u need atleast ten more.. I DIDNT THINK U'D ACTUALLY LISTEN AND GOOO GET THAT MANY LOL

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
P.S. SOLUS :( i really should not have shot my mouth off saying 15 was not enough to take our 6 or 7 out, u need atleast ten more.. I DIDNT THINK U'D ACTUALLY LISTEN AND GOOO GET THAT MANY LOL
Its a fun way to troll you

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
is it just me or does there seem to be more people pvping on chessy than in recent memory?

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
definately the pvp population is higher. keeping it factions is a good draw from off sharders. GL had a huge pvp base until the big blue guild came and it seemingly caused the o.j's to lose interest as imho stat loss inevitably wins fights. Looks like your crew is gaining members as you were rolling pretty deep yesterday afternoon. Obliv stated above that LD is bringing in more people as well. Good stuff all in all. Hope it stays active.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just missed the fight yesterday... got on right after they'd won. Then I was relegated to being on my sampire. We def have grown a little, but we don't have a lot of consistancy with who's on... I'm one of the worst at that. Hopefully things will get better after the move.

I'm with you on the faction thing. But I wish they'd knock the timer down a little. 10 mins would be plenty.

And yes, for your earlier comment, P@!N has some real good players too, not just MM. And Tao can duel pretty good, can't seem to drop him in the area... Gotta work on that.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Is pain really quitting factions? A shame if true. They're the only other Chessy home shard guys in factions besides us.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**** im bout to quit this game forget about just quitting factions. I wrote a huge letter to EA and the dev's and they don't even respond to the email. It looks like they are finally trying to abolish pvp once and for all, even though this game was founded with FEL ONLY RULESET. Everyone is talking about quitting factions cuz now no one can even wear their suits. I used to play on ten shards, currently I play on chessy only and thats just because I had enough gold to buy an orny on chessy. Now i log in today, and am rank 7 no longer rank 9, with 80 pts. LIKE SERIOUSLY WTF!! Also 10% of the players in each faction should be rank 10, we are the only com guild on chessy, I have the most points out of my entire crew, so not only are non of us rank 10 but the highest is rank 7. WHO THE HELL IS RANK 10 THEN?. It's been a great game for many years, but if it goes to all non faction, blues hiding in guard zone, straight garbage; I'll be out as well as most of my crew. I know some of you will be like thank god, that 5 man wrecking team wont be there to challenge us haha but this is just ridiculous. It saddens me that such a great game in 97 has slowly pushed out all of the real pvpers and wont stop till the entire population is gone. I guess its time to start WOW :(

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
**** im bout to quit this game forget about just quitting factions. I wrote a huge letter to EA and the dev's and they don't even respond to the email. It looks like they are finally trying to abolish pvp once and for all, even though this game was founded with FEL ONLY RULESET. Everyone is talking about quitting factions cuz now no one can even wear their suits. I used to play on ten shards, currently I play on chessy only and thats just because I had enough gold to buy an orny on chessy. Now i log in today, and am rank 7 no longer rank 9, with 80 pts. LIKE SERIOUSLY WTF!! Also 10% of the players in each faction should be rank 10, we are the only com guild on chessy, I have the most points out of my entire crew, so not only are non of us rank 10 but the highest is rank 7. WHO THE HELL IS RANK 10 THEN?. It's been a great game for many years, but if it goes to all non faction, blues hiding in guard zone, straight garbage; I'll be out as well as most of my crew. I know some of you will be like thank god, that 5 man wrecking team wont be there to challenge us haha but this is just ridiculous. It saddens me that such a great game in 97 has slowly pushed out all of the real pvpers and wont stop till the entire population is gone. I guess its time to start WOW :(
I hope hope they'll fix this. It's really terrible trying faction suit it up. Though there are a few crazies in UOHALL (always right) that think this is best thing ever for whatever reason. Of course, these are the people trying to abolish faction items all together (which, of course, is ridiculous in and of itself). Don't leave yet though. I've still got to beat your team in an even fight one day. Maybe learn to play a mage.... if only i had more time! Well, and now money cause I can't use faction arties to make a suit. Well, mage out the window. That was a good idea for 6 seconds.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
BTW, don't quit obliv. U start more poo than almost anyone around here. I'm a big fan.