• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

brit sewers

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If somene moves in the lab room, the experiment fails, it don't matter who moves, even if its not you.
So if another player is in there with you and she/he moves, you lose your stuff?

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I finally experienced the bug people spoke about earlier in the tread. It said it was "unsafe to leave experiment" right as i was about to solve the puzzle and i lost my ingredients. I was standing still adding ingredients to the flask when this happened. Also kept getting the "Timed out due to inactivity" while adding ingredients and it says i haven't added anything when there are clearly ingredients in the flask. Double clicking the flask and pressing escape fixed this and no ingredients were lost on this one. Nonetheless, i have created 3 potions and only failed once.
I've also had those two bugs as well, 'Timed out due to inactivity' while adding ingredients and 'You must have atleast one of every reagent' when there are ingredients in the flask.

If somene moves in the lab room, the experiment fails, it don't matter who moves, even if its not you.
That needs fixing quick! :mad:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if another player is in there with you and she/he moves, you lose your stuff?
Yes, thats what i noticed when my friend move to heal my other friend. she moved and i got that message.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are experiments in all the rooms, I used one of the smaller ones where I was alone

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, thats what i noticed when my friend move to heal my other friend. she moved and i got that message.
I was in there alone. The only people moving were the sick gargoyles outside. I hope they are not causing this as well.

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do you know which ingredients to add?

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know that - what I want to know is how to solve the puzzle - how do you know which ones to add 2 or 3 to the flask

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you don't. That's the bit you have to work out - which I'm totally no good at, which is why it took me ages to get 4 potions and I blew up 4 others.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know that - what I want to know is how to solve the puzzle - how do you know which ones to add 2 or 3 to the flask
Trial and error, hopefully you complete it before it becomes too unstable and blows up.

S

Sevin0oo0

Expect a News report on that soon for Quest and Event news. :)
Thanks, great Link! [OT] while i was reading Blackthorn's journal,
"In the course of my friend’s quest to reunite the shards",
me thinks his unnamed 'friend' posts here on Stratics, usually in the locked merger threads

Pooper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Frarc, since u seem to be the one with the secrets on this unknown healer, can I just ask whether or not it actually exists right now. Spent all night last night and all morning this morning running around looking for him, trying to piece together some clues lol. Am I wasting my time or have u personally seen this unknown healer to know for sure that part of the quest is active?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frarc, since u seem to be the one with the secrets on this unknown healer, can I just ask whether or not it actually exists right now. Spent all night last night and all morning this morning running around looking for him, trying to piece together some clues lol. Am I wasting my time or have u personally seen this unknown healer to know for sure that part of the quest is active?
As far i know and search i did not find him anywhere. Maybe someone else got lucky.
But my best guess he won't make his/her appearance before the story of act 6 is posted on the Herald. :)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you don't. That's the bit you have to work out - which I'm totally no good at, which is why it took me ages to get 4 potions and I blew up 4 others.
I have a notebook I've been writing it down in when I know I have the right number for an ingredient. I hate when it blows up when I'm down to figuring out the number I need on the last one or two ingredients. I can't do it anymore right now due to lack of the blightborn slime. Having trouble getting it with so many being stuck :(

Pooper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Healers in the village.
That's what I figured, but nothing seems to be standing out for me on Chessy. Is it one of the infected gargoyles? We tried handing our potion off to every single one within the village, but they all keep saying to bring it to the healer.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
he gives you a book which tells you how to conduct the experiments - which Myph'sar already figured out and told me yesterday. I've now turned in 10 cures. Somehow I very much doubt I'm going to be among the top donors

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*grumbles*

I don't like puzzles... especially bugged puzzles.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There doesn't seem to be any visible count for how many cures you've handed in. I'm up to 12 and off to hunt terathans

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There doesn't seem to be any visible count for how many cures you've handed in. I'm up to 12 and off to hunt terathans
I noticed that too. I have to say I am worried I'm just wasting my time since I doubt I will get anywhere near the scriptors and will probably end up with nothing. I don't like how they are doing this. I wish it was just you turn in a certain amount you get the reward.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tbh, I don't expect to get anything, but I don't consider it a waste of time if I'm finding it interesting doing it - and as I begin to get the hang of it, I am enjoying it. When I stop enjoying it I'll stop doing it and go do something else instead. :)

S

Sevin0oo0

I was just looking the 'prizes'. one is Quite unique in that it offers 40% hit hireball - UNARMED. We have the hit snowball - I want hit tomato... uses blood splatter effect, 1d3 damage, interrupts, UBWS w/ inherent HCI because nobody expects it. | or small pumpkins, since they're already in game

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I noticed that too. I have to say I am worried I'm just wasting my time since I doubt I will get anywhere near the scriptors and will probably end up with nothing. I don't like how they are doing this. I wish it was just you turn in a certain amount you get the reward.
I'm enjoying all but getting the slimes LOL. I like doing the potions

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Managed to make 3 cures (didnt have a lot of Sugar) and spent the entire 8 hours looking for the Healer with Pooper...the Healer was not there yesterday and after wasting all that time I'm done with the Global event, going to do something enjoyable like kill Medusa, harass Chesapeake EMs, Make Petra pull her hair out and Customize houses :)

Even though the Healer made me frustrated I do want give props to everyone who worked on this event for creativity and utilizing areas not many go to anymore.

"You Interested in the Bottle now?" *Smack Down* "Huh?!? Huh?!?"

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have not found an Unknown Healer, did find a Mysterious Healer though. Same thing or are we talking about 2 different ones?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have not found an Unknown Healer, did find a Mysterious Healer though. Same thing or are we talking about 2 different ones?
That's the one you need. Double click him to get the books and hand the potions to him. I wish he told how many you turned in I'm not good at keeping up with it LOL

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yeah, did that, got the books earlier this afternoon. I was just hoping it was 2 different ones and the Unknown one let you know the right combinations for each time or something.... ugh

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When putting the stuff in the flask you could use up to 3 of any item to get it to work?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
When putting the stuff in the flask you could use up to 3 of any item to get it to work?

Yupp. Work and turn into a powder of fort lookin thing with your name... fizz and do nothing..... or blow up in your face. RNG hates me so my face is blistered lol

Pooper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thank you everyone for the info!! Next time I won't be in such a rush for the event. Seems like everytime I'm waiting for it to start, its not set up completely when it does start. On the next event I'll let the next eager person work out the troubles while I sit back and wait for the posts :D But thank you very much Odin for the information and Christy for cross referencing it with other shards to prove I'm not crazy and the healer was not where he was supposed to be!! LOL

I personally believe the healer was hiding from me because Gareth was with me while looking for him. After seeing how rough Gareth is to the poor healer, I can't blame the healer for hiding out! :gee:

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that i find the healer and got the books, i understand it better what to do and made my first cure. :)

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'd be nice if GM Alchemy actually helped you like the publish notes indicated... (From the pub. 76 notes: The alchemy skill is not required, but does provide a slight benefit.) Telling you one or more of the specific ingredient amounts that were correct. 5 items and only 4 chances without a hint will equate to many failures.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'd be nice if GM Alchemy actually helped you like the publish notes indicated... (From the pub. 76 notes: The alchemy skill is not required, but does provide a slight benefit.) Telling you one or more of the specific ingredient amounts that were correct. 5 items and only 4 chances without a hint will equate to many failures.
My instinct tells me that using a GM alchemist gives you more chances before the flasks blow up then someone without alchemy.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh.. More bugs.

The tongs don't always seem to work, nor does walking away from the table always end the process.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'd be nice if GM Alchemy actually helped you like the publish notes indicated... (From the pub. 76 notes: The alchemy skill is not required, but does provide a slight benefit.) Telling you one or more of the specific ingredient amounts that were correct. 5 items and only 3 chances without a hint will equate to many failures.
So that's how it was supposed to help having alchemy skill. I knew it didn't seem to be helping being gm alchemist. Hope they fix it :(

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"'X number' of reatents slowly fizz..." isn't going to cut it. Which reagents fizzed? Which didn't? GM Alchemy should tell us one or the other.

Puzzle design fail.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get this...

I atart by adding 1 of each ingredient, result: 3 correct.
I increase the slime and sugar to 2, result: 3 correct.
I increase the slime and sugar to 3, result: 2 correct.
WTF?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is just way too buggy...

I can add reagents to the flask and when I use the heater it will tell me that I "must use at least one of each reagent." Uhm... *checks flask* Yeah one of more of each reagent... *double-clicks burner* "You must use at least one of each reagent." *glares at flask*

If the Devs thought people bitched too much about gaining/losing loyalty and the arc grinds... Just wait till more people try this.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get this...

WTF?
That means it needs 2 slime and sugar but not 3.

Best is to add 1 extra ingredient at a time. If the success go down, that ingredient don't need more. If it go up then that ingredient is right. If it stays the same then that ingredient needs 1 more . Hope that make any sense. :)

A good advice is to search between lab banks to find one that gives 3 or 4 right ones from the start.
Also keep a eye on the messages. if the message says dangerously then stop on that lab bank unless you sure you know the formula, otherwise next time it explodes. it saves on ingredients. :)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get this...

WTF?
I had that happen. I thought maybe I was just going nuts LOL. Of course it ended up blowing up since I couldn't get it right

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That means it needs 2 slime and sugar but not 3.
Uhm.. no... read what I said sgain:
At step one, its says three are correct.
At step two, I randomly increase sugar and slime to 2, STILL 3 correct (This means Cuticle Sac, Vanilla, & Raw Yeast are all 1. I have them correct.) The sugar and slime amounts are incorrect.
At step three, I increased sugar and slime to 3, leaving Cuticle Sac, Vanilla, & Raw Yeast at 1. This should have been the correct amounts, following logic.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have always been good at math and i will tell you this: This puzzle is designed for you to fail and will do nothing but frustrate real players while playing directly into the hand of scripters. I will give all of you another tip. Succeeding at anything other than a 4/1 is pure luck and a waste of time/ingredients. Thats all i have to say about that

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uhm.. no... read what I said sgain:

At step one, its says three are correct.
At step two, I randomly increase sugar and slime to 2, STILL 3 correct (This means Cuticle Sac, Vanilla, & Raw Yeast are all 1. I have them correct.) The sugar and slime amounts are incorrect.
At step three, I increased sugar and slime to 3, leaving Cuticle Sac, Vanilla, & Raw Yeast at 1. This should have been the correct amounts, following logic.
Martina, I did this rather quickly, but could the correct answer be 2 slime, 1 sugar, 2 sacs, 1 vanilla, and 1 yeast?

Ack, thinking more about it, might another correct answer be 2 slime, 1 sugar, 1 sac, 2 vanilla, and 1 yeast? Or 2 slime, 1 sugar, 1 sac, 1 vanilla, and 2 yeast? Maybe you have to do one more round of changes to know for sure?

How many tries do you get before you can't make any more changes?

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno anymore.. This is giving me a headache :p

I agree with Rexpanda though, both of the cures I have created came from getting 4 correct the first try. I only let one explode, after that I refuse to waste any more precious resources.

The idea of the puzzle is interesting, but the interface was badly designed.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Get this...

WTF?
That would mean you had 3 right (3 only need 1) then when you added another slime and sugar (so 2 slime, 2 sugar, 1 vanilla, 1 yeast, 1 sac) you changed one when it didn't need to be changed. So either the slime or the sugar should only be 1, and the other should be 2 .. so you would have had 4 correct amounts.