brit sewers

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
T

Tazar

Nope. I had to go down in the swampy part to kill any - and that's not the safest thing to do. :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I've managed to find 3 or 4 each day on the path, starting from Papua end. I'm not even sure how to get down into the swamp with them.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Those are nasty critters! Took the entrance in Britain and nearly died. lol

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 27, 2003
always Legends
my necro runs in (Brit end) casts wither, runs back out and cures and heals.... over and over and over and....... then when the ones near the entrance are done goes and lures a couple more near the entrance so she can do it again! it's okay, she's got a short attention span so every few minutes it all seems new to her

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
what is the point to killing them?
we're killing them for the blightborn slime they carry that we believe will be part of the gargoyle cure next month.

we're also growing vanilla and sugar and collecting Terathan cuticle sacs and raw yeast.

BTW folks, raw yeast is not the same yeast as we got for brewing. It's a little grey blob about the size of the tattered remnants of an ancient scroll - I discovered that doing a level 2 treasure map last week.

Emma Silvermane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i went down there once with my pic *partner in crime* and she discoed them but they are NASTY and if pets cant get line of site on the ones that are not on the path they are mana whatevering you to death .. and swarming like ants .. but if u can get line of site they die fairly easy i got 2 of the things .. but hell i dont even know where i put them.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Started doing the puzzles today! :)
So glad i spent june collecting the regs because its going to take me all of july just to do the puzzles. (not because there hard, but because i have so many) :p
Slimes are easy if on the right character/equipment and a little common sense :p
IMO the hardest reagent to get is/was the vanilla/sugar even with lots of garden beds. :(

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
So glad i spent june collecting the regs because its going to take me all of july just to do the puzzles. (not because there hard, but because i have so many) :p
Slimes are easy if on the right character/equipment and a little common sense :p
IMO the hardest reagent to get is/was the vanilla/sugar even with lots of garden beds. :(
What puzzles? I just started back recently and want to make sure I'm not missing something lol. I feel a little lost sometimes

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
They are at the fishing village? in north ter mur.
You will need the reagents people have talked about on here for the past month, :)
Like (slime/sack/yeast/sugar/vanilla)
Goodluck!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
Doh! I didn't know the quests were in game yet!!

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
You will need the reagents people have talked about on here for the past month, :)
Goodluck!
I have no idea where that is (didn't know there was a fishing village I'm so lost lol) but I will look for it as soon as I get to log on. My uo still doesn't work. Thanks for the info :)

Reactions: Emma Silvermane

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
No! I can't do puzzles! I'm hopeless at them!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
that's what I was planning to try to make, but I was so disappointed to find they were the kind of thing I find difficult that I gave up and went home. I'll try tomorrow when I can set aside some quiet time and try to concentrate on it.
The village is in an area we called 'fisherman's reach' when we were mapping Ter Mur.

UO Stratics *New* | Ter Mur Regions

Myph'sar helped me at least see how to get started - click on the beaker that's on top of the heating stand.
target the ingredients, it will add them one at a time, till it tells you not to add any more, (3 of each) then click the candle.
you get a message which tells you how many ingredients you have right.
So then you have to work out which of the 5 ingredients you had in the right quantity, and how many of which of the others you need. 1 or 2.
Clicking on the tongs empties the flask, so you can recover your ingredients. But there's a time limit, leave them in there too long and you lose them.

oh, and GM alchemy helps, apparently.

Reactions: Sevin0oo0

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
that's what I was planning to try to make, but I was so disappointed to find they were the kind of thing I find difficult that I gave up and went home. I'll try tomorrow when I can set aside some quiet time and try to concentrate on it.
The village is in an area we called 'fisherman's reach' when we were mapping Ter Mur.

UO Stratics *New* | Ter Mur Regions

Myph'sar helped me at least see how to get started - click on the beaker that's on top of the heating stand.
target the ingredients, it will add them one at a time, till it tells you not to add any more, (3 of each) then click the candle.
you get a message which tells you how many ingredients you have right.
So then you have to work out which of the 5 ingredients you had in the right quantity, and how many of which of the others you need. 1 or 2.
Clicking on the tongs empties the flask, so you can recover your ingredients. But there's a time limit, leave them in there too long and you lose them.
eeek I hope I can do it. Can you tell what benefit you get for using your alchemist? Thanks so much for the help. Now back to waiting to be able to log on :)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
sorry, I didn't even try, I just emptied the flask and went home.
This is when I'm reminded that UO caters to many different playstyles, and this is an aspect of it that isn't my style.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 6, 2007
im gonna try and take a crack at it. wish me luck

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2003
Houston, TX
Goodluck!
Where do you get the raw yeast? Thanks in advance

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 6, 2007
Where do you get the raw yeast? Thanks in advance
Orcs

OK it's not really timed in the speed sense. It gives you a certain amount of attempts to get it right. When it's dangerously bubbling, it means 1 more failed attempt and you will lose your ingredients. Also, you don't have to add 3s of everything...You can add 1s or 2s. Either way, moving away from the table or moving to another one changes the puzzle. I can't tell if they are random or if they repeat any of them but i did have 1 failure and 1 success so i will see if i can get that success again. I didn't see any advantage being a GM Alchemist

Now what do i do with it when i am done?

Reactions: Shelleybean

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sep 3, 2002
I've had a few goes at the puzzles, got a few cures.

Now and again though it comes up 'It is unsafe to leave an experiment unattended. As a matter of courtesy you discard the contents of the flask and secure the apparatus.' and all my ingreds are lost - but I haven't moved! Its annoying to get all those ingreds just to lose them!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I've blown up 4 times. But I've got 4 cures too - but has anyone found the unknown healer yet?

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
I've had a few goes at the puzzles, got a few cures.

Now and again though it comes up 'It is unsafe to leave an experiment unattended. As a matter of courtesy you discard the contents of the flask and secure the apparatus.' and all my ingreds are lost - but I haven't moved! Its annoying to get all those ingreds just to lose them!
Same thing is happening to me. I don't have a lot of ingredients yet so it's annoying to lose them. I wish I came back when you guys first figured out the ingredient's so I would have more stocked up LOL

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Chesapeake
I really wish they would put the slimes in a second location. I'm having a horrible time getting the ingredient with 99% of them being unreachable :(

Reactions: Barok

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 6, 2007
I really wish they would put the slimes in a second location. I'm having a horrible time getting the ingredient with 99% of them being unreachable :(
I agree. Most of them are unreachable. I made the mistake of trying to explore the sewers and ended up stuck and dead. Its annoying how they can do AOE damage to you while you cant do anything to them.

Reactions: christy1221

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
Here is a sneak peek:​
They are realy sick :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
hmm, true. Maybe we should be looking for this unknown healer on test center?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 5, 2001
I wonder if he can be found on Origin.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 6, 2007
I wonder if he can be found on Origin.
I finally experienced the bug people spoke about earlier in the tread. It said it was "unsafe to leave experiment" right as i was about to solve the puzzle and i lost my ingredients. I was standing still adding ingredients to the flask when this happened. Also kept getting the "Timed out due to inactivity" while adding ingredients and it says i haven't added anything when there are clearly ingredients in the flask. Double clicking the flask and pressing escape fixed this and no ingredients were lost on this one. Nonetheless, i have created 3 potions and only failed once.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2003
If somene moves in the lab room, the experiment fails, it don't matter who moves, even if its not you.