• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll, what would make you play Siege?

What would make you play Siege?

• Total voters

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just couldn't overcome the potential loss of all of my gear in one fell swoop to either a Red or even a tough Monster. It made me play it too safe and that is what killed the Siege concept for me.
I trained Hiding (GM) & Stealth (80) so I could get past monsters to reach what I wanted to hunt and to get to my body as needed. It's worth the time to train them to be able to get your gear back easily. Having some tithing points and a Paladin book lets you heal up after rezzing without reagents and a mystic book lets you make a Healing Stone to use after getting rezzed. A ninja book lets you use Animal Form to add +20 to your Stealth giving you GM Stealth when going after your body.

Being dry looted by a Red can happen but from what I've heard, most won't dry loot. As Freja said, just have some spare suits handy. I've got four spare suits for Tanivar and one spare for Landreu as needed. I'll make you some basic suits if you want to wander by Siege. I typically imbue LRC, MR6, SR12 on a basic suit.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Can we please get a reply from the devs to any thing in this post? Either a "we will look into some possible changes." Or a "Shut the hell up, stop wasting your time." Would be nice. Change after change has been made to this game and Siege should have been left alone from the get go. Show Siege some love at least for some of the people playing there for a decade. Make Siege unique make people want to play Siege again. @Mesanna @Bleak

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This system has a good and a bad side: good thing is, that if you lose it, you can farm new stuff. Bad thing: combined with reforging and imbuing you create the typical Atlantic "Armor-and-Equipment"-Zombies that show off 90 % of their time with their shiny suits and dominate everything: tradeboards, the whole market, the General Chat.
i guess my problem is that with imbuing, im not going to farm or hunt really ever. im going to stockpile imbue mats (probably just buy them from players who already have years worth) and never hunt. ever. that doesnt seem like it would be a good thing for active siege style gameplay.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I could not see me going to siege for any reason. I find that where PvP is concerned, there are those that simply like to grief other players and gleam some sort of satisfaction from it. Additionally, since I suck at PvP and am generally that noob getting grieved, it just doesn't appeal to me

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's essentially what they did on all shards, Smoot. I didn't see it that way at first but when a friend said, without emotion, "It was great when they added imbuing, but then they got rid of it." it made me consider the diminished role of crafters in the game. It's pretty much down to weapons now.

As Freja noted, the availability of crafted suits at low prices takes the sting out of potentially losing everything. But if folks were forced to wear suits made up of only dropped loot pieces I think the sting could be worse.

As an aside, the suits top players are wearing on Atlantic now are far, far beyond any concept of uber any of us could have imagined just a year or two ago. At first it only made people boring, especially on TeamSpeak, as they'd read off the LENGTHY list of properties on a piece they'd just gotten ;)
i agree. hunting was obsolete for a time. we saw that change with global loot tho. now almost no one uses imbued. with the new loot, even if your periodically losing it a new suit can be pieced together. but your not going to have the "perfect" suit everytime and stockpiling "perfect" siege suits would be alot more difficult. which is the point. to get people out in the world, not just running back to the house to put on another imbued suit exactly the same as the old one if they lose the one they have.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fear sure can be a show stopper. The key here is to have 1-2 suit ready, so if you should lose a suit, it is no big deal.
if i have imbuing, im going to have 20 to 30 suits at my disposal. (each one probably built around a few legendary arties just for the easy resists) i will never hunt for anything after about a week farming. thats why i dont think imbuing is good for siege. you couldnt really do this if there was no imbuing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Can we please get a reply from the devs to any thing in this post? Either a "we will look into some possible changes." Or a "Shut the hell up, stop wasting your time." Would be nice. Change after change has been made to this game and Siege should have been left alone from the get go. Show Siege some love at least for some of the people playing there for a decade. Make Siege unique make people want to play Siege again. @Mesanna @Bleak
Kyronix had been reading the thread and the other too.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
if i have imbuing, im going to have 20 to 30 suits at my disposal. (each one probably built around a few legendary arties just for the easy resists) i will never hunt for anything after about a week farming. thats why i dont think imbuing is good for siege. you couldnt really do this if there was no imbuing.
Start selling them :) I agree, the loot drop should always be a little better than crafted stuff.

With 30 suits, you would last a while on Siege and could use your time hanging out in VvV town, looking for a fight.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I could not see me going to siege for any reason. I find that where PvP is concerned, there are those that simply like to grief other players and gleam some sort of satisfaction from it. Additionally, since I suck at PvP and am generally that noob getting grieved, it just doesn't appeal to me
Siege is not for all, so that's ok. However, you may be surpriced, most Siege players do not play to grief. Sure they may kill your noob char, but that do not mean they will loot you and laugh of you. I had seen newbies telling me they Mr Randum PK and he took them to his home and gave them a new suit and some even told, he friended them and gave them secure chest, they could use intil they could place a house.
Sure I also have seen someone tell they was res killed and dry looted but in most cases, they started yelling at the PK for killing their noob char and he decided, they did not fit Siege.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I would venture to say I have one of the highest luck suits on Siege 3000+ and when you can spend two hours killing ancient wyrms and not have anything to show for it something is wrong. Its little things like that over the years that have crippled this shard. What do they do in response after a change like that? Create more land mass, and put dinosaurs on my log in screen.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i guess my problem is that with imbuing, im not going to farm or hunt really ever. im going to stockpile imbue mats (probably just buy them from players who already have years worth) and never hunt. ever. that doesnt seem like it would be a good thing for active siege style gameplay.
You see, different playstyles. 80 % of my time I hunt, 10 % I craft, 10 % I decorate and Chat. So, hunting is almost everything for me. No hunting, no UO for me, that´s for sure ;-)

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it was just based on pre AoS items and no insurance it would change the whole topic. That's why FS still would win since they are free.

Siege with being a Fel environment only is not a bad thing. People just aren't crazy into losing their items. Items rule over skills these days in UO. I don't believe there should be insurance on Siege period.

The person who came up with AoS should be ashamed because there was a way to have new items added to the game BUT not change how UO was suppose to be about. New items could be crafted or be more easily obtained so losing them would be no big issue. This isn't about Tram vs Fel either. Siege and Mugden ( they could of made 2 more) could of been the Fel only shards and the rest could of been Trammel shards only. So PvPers would have their own shards and PvM could have their own shards. Would of been more easier in reality.

No matter how much is talked about Siege in the end it is what it is. If people just don't want to play it they wont no matter what you do. They gave everybody a shot to have an extra house on Siege to help the population and the question is...did it? I doubt it. Most UO players want that safety net and Siege just doesn't have that safety net. If they did give Siege a safety net then it wouldn't be Siege anymore. I voted and truthfully adding more char slots should of been done long ago but the rest of the options was blah.

Keep Siege as it is.

This post endorsed by the "Keep It Simply Siege" organization or more commonly known as KISS and its in spirit with the Valentines holiday.
Mugen has a Tram, those of us on Siege are still confused about that one.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sure I also have seen someone tell they was res killed and dry looted but in most cases, they started yelling at the PK for killing their noob char and he decided, they did not fit Siege.
...And this attitude is why this poll is here and siege's population is where it is.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We don't need insurance, we need a simple revamp of crafting. Remove the burden of hard to obtain materials. I think the really cool, drooled after items should be easier to craft on Siege. Almost everyone has an imbuer here, that's not the issue. It's the fact that we have to go to the most horrendous places, like Prodo does, to farm this stuff. All while wearing our non insured suits. There aren't enough people that are willing to do this, enough to not only supply their own characters, but to also put on a vendor for others to buy. This isn't rocket science, it's easily fixable. Make the stuff easier to craft, totally remove powder of temp. Make everything 50/50 durability when crafted or spawned. Make it easier to get, quicker to wear out. I"ll be nothing but a pile of ashes after most read this, but its what I think so.....yeah.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
We don't need insurance, we need a simple revamp of crafting. Remove the burden of hard to obtain materials. I think the really cool, drooled after items should be easier to craft on Siege. Almost everyone has an imbuer here, that's not the issue. It's the fact that we have to go to the most horrendous places, like Prodo does, to farm this stuff. All while wearing our non insured suits. There aren't enough people that are willing to do this, enough to not only supply their own characters, but to also put on a vendor for others to buy. This isn't rocket science, it's easily fixable. Make the stuff easier to craft, totally remove powder of temp. Make everything 50/50 durability when crafted or spawned. Make it easier to get, quicker to wear out. I"ll be nothing but a pile of ashes after most read this, but its what I think so.....yeah.
I like the idea. I've never been a fan of having to do unwanted grind to get gear to be competitive for anything. On top of that, I've always been a fan of crafters being able to put together desirable armor/weapons, on par with lootable stuff. It doesn't have to be superior... just on par.

CrazyDave

Old & Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
How is the skill gain situation on siege? I know they changed it a while back. It was ROT...did they make it more like the production shards?

Also, I think having two characters would be the way to get me to siege. I like having a mix of skills and you really can't have much with only one character. I'd probably go with a mage/crafter variant and then some sort of warrior variant.

Deep Ellum Dan

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I would play more if it was more like the old fel. No insurance, no bless deeds, no tram, 5-7 character slots, inability to buy that character token where you have so many skill points to distribute. Everyone starts out new and had to manually build up your skills.
I would then play that. Towns are the main safe non pvp areas.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Rate Over Time still applies on Siege....comes in handy especially for taming which I started with....
Yep sure does..... It's also handy for working Barding and Crafting skills.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yep sure does..... It's also handy for working Barding and Crafting skills.
Oh and imagine how poisoning would go.....I did that ONCE and never again. And I don't know if it's a feature of the EC in general but with Pinco's you get a timer for ROT. And, I'm sure you can appreciate this MalagAste, you get the lore and taming gain even if you fail on the tame attempt. I don't know about you but I never cared much for promising those poor bulls that I would be their soulmate only to kill them then moment they capitulated ;)

First night on Siege.....well...I have a tamer....just. Work the taming until Freja comes on. Get the tour of Safe Haven. Try to tame the odd bull that spawns there in between sentences, along with sheering the odd sheep here and there. You need to make your own cloth for bandages. Discover that Pads of the Cu Sidhe are not on vendors.....oops....I'm a human. Plus you can only bless one item of your clothing. Freja has all the runes ready to take me through the human to elf quest. Seems she's encountered people like me before.

I meet the fellow with the Leslie Nielsen avatar here. Maybe I'm broken but I laugh whenever I see that avatar. He forgives me.

Although I'd prefer to say I got drunk, woke up naked in front of some guy in Moonglow, without my beard....oh never mind. I'm an elf now.

A player vendor in Magincia is selling Cus for one gold each. One is a 3.6. By the end of the evening I have *just* enough taming to buy this creature. Bone machetes *are* for sale and Thrasher drops The Totem of the Void - another common ML item not for sale on Siege. Elves have no hit point regeneration and I've no lower mana cost on my suit. So it's off to Blighted Grove.

Enough! Some might consider this as nothing more than sentimentality. Not sure. Maybe. It just felt like I was playing a different game with familiar elements is all.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh and imagine how poisoning would go.....I did that ONCE and never again. And I don't know if it's a feature of the EC in general but with Pinco's you get a timer for ROT. And, I'm sure you can appreciate this MalagAste, you get the lore and taming gain even if you fail on the tame attempt. I don't know about you but I never cared much for promising those poor bulls that I would be their soulmate only to kill them then moment they capitulated ;)

First night on Siege.....well...I have a tamer....just. Work the taming until Freja comes on. Get the tour of Safe Haven. Try to tame the odd bull that spawns there in between sentences, along with sheering the odd sheep here and there. You need to make your own cloth for bandages. Discover that Pads of the Cu Sidhe are not on vendors.....oops....I'm a human. Plus you can only bless one item of your clothing. Freja has all the runes ready to take me through the human to elf quest. Seems she's encountered people like me before.

I meet the fellow with the Leslie Nielsen avatar here. Maybe I'm broken but I laugh whenever I see that avatar. He forgives me.

Although I'd prefer to say I got drunk, woke up naked in front of some guy in Moonglow, without my beard....oh never mind. I'm an elf now.

A player vendor in Magincia is selling Cus for one gold each. One is a 3.6. By the end of the evening I have *just* enough taming to buy this creature. Bone machetes *are* for sale and Thrasher drops The Totem of the Void - another common ML item not for sale on Siege. Elves have no hit point regeneration and I've no lower mana cost on my suit. So it's off to Blighted Grove.

Enough! Some might consider this as nothing more than sentimentality. Not sure. Maybe. It just felt like I was playing a different game with familiar elements is all.
Yes I know that about Pinco's it's awesome! And as for the Taming on Siege it's great. I have I don't know 6 or 7 characters over there.

Luka Melehan

Certifiable
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
To be honest, none of these things are game changers for me. I would start playing (Siege) again if I had a good group to run with and our economy was like it was about 7 years ago. If I log in now, I can't get things I need after getting killed and looted. I watch Kelmo play VvV on Sundays and it looks promising. But I would need some PvP help from someone. Then back to people to play with. People that aren't White Council...no offense, I love you guys. But I want to be free to make chaotic decisions.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
That would make it even worse with no Insurance, imbuing do help making it easier to replace suits on Siege
Ya I got three spares at home there for the mage, for the "Just in Case". So far the people there are far more interesting in having fun. I have yet to lose a suit. And most rez me right away when I get killed. I ran into more rez killing on Sonoma in the early days at the YMCA then I have on Siege.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How is the skill gain situation on siege? I know they changed it a while back. It was ROT...did they make it more like the production shards?
RoT is faster now, the delay between gain is playable and the daily gain is gone. You have normal skill gain from 0-70, then RoT start, with 5 min between a gain, in old days it was 20 min and at 99-100 it was 1 hour, now I believe it is max 15 min, can't remember. Just play the game and forget about gains and you will get there.

I would play more if it was more like the old fel. No insurance, no bless deeds, no tram, 5-7 character slots, inability to buy that character token where you have so many skill points to distribute. Everyone starts out new and had to manually build up your skills.
In that case, only the one char slot stop you from playing Siege, only bless deeds we have is cloth bless deeds and they only bless cloth item without magic/mods. And we have one Siege Bless, that work like one free Item Insurance, only one item at the time.

Tina Tink will stock some Bone machetes, when I get home from work. With the problem with vendor fee, it can be hard to find stuff on vendors, but just ask in Gen Char, and mostly someone will be ready to help.
I can also make a new suit for you with 1 HPR on each and LMC. I may be able to get more HPR with reforging, but do not have alot runic tools and hate doing BoD :p

To be honest, none of these things are game changers for me. I would start playing (Siege) again if I had a good group to run with and our economy was like it was about 7 years ago. If I log in now, I can't get things I need after getting killed and looted. I watch Kelmo play VvV on Sundays and it looks promising. But I would need some PvP help from someone. Then back to people to play with. People that aren't White Council...no offense, I love you guys. But I want to be free to make chaotic decisions.
Luka, you will be welcome in TDO*, there is alot freedon on our guild, look at our rules here: The Dark Outlaws, TDO*, SP, as long you try to share the fun, you can be how ever you want in TDO* except an noto/anti PK, who only kill targets, who can't give a count. We are a neutral guild but more to the dark side than the "good" side. Even when we fight on the Vice side, true Virtue mean alot to us.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
...And this attitude is why this poll is here and siege's population is where it is.
Now you do need to keep in mind, Blue is not always = good and nice.
If someone get res killed on Siege, they may had done something wrong

I always advice new Siege players.
If you get killed, show your gost, don't OoooOOo alot.
Show your ghost, move a little away from your body and wait.
If the killer tells you he will res or tell, he can't and tell you to find a healer, don't fear to res.
When you are back to your body, stay a little away, ask nicely if you can loot or ask if anything left for you, tell you are new.
In most times, you won't lose much if anything unless you run in good gear and the killer need your stuff.

Trying to loot before the PK allow you or start yelling at him, only make him mad and you risk res killing and dry looting

Telling the PK, you are weak and he should not kill newbies and he is a bad guy, is not very smart.

PK'ing is allowed on Siege, even killing of newbies. Sure it may not be honorable but I had killed lots of newbies too in the past, not to grief them, more to say hello before they run off. I would res them again and bring them to my other char Tina Tink and join them to the guild NEW/NEW2. Now the guild is gone, but and I'm blue so mostly players stay to say hello and I can help them with advices and if I like them, I may take them in TDO*.

The PK, who kill a newbie may just see a blue name and attack without looking if it is a newbie. If the guy drop easy, he will know and many will like me try to give them a few advices how to make it on Siege. A few may just move on and let you res and move on. and very few may loot a newbie.

Even when Siege is all Fel, I believe the attitude is very different from Prodo shards Fel

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even when Siege is all Fel, I believe the attitude is very different from Prodo shards Fel
It is really different, much much better. I am a hardcore Fel hater due to my early years playing UO and running into the ashat 'classic' Pkers of those days in Fel. Even though I've now played Siege a few years which is a pure PvP land, I won't play Fel when I wander onto prodo.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
A little status:

upload_2016-2-5_11-34-5.png

For UHall players, this below matter:

5-7 char slots
2 char slot
Item Insurance
Recall
Vendor prices

For Siege players, this below matter:

2 char slots
ToT, Farties, Arties, Fel bonus, etc.
RoT timer
Ghost houses
Vendor fee

So Devs, a good way to start (my advice) would be:

- Add 2-3 char slots, Siege fear to accept 5-7, but if 2-3 is not possible, give us all.
- Changes RoT timer to 3-5 minutes (should be an easy changes)
- Turn on ToT, Farties, Arties, Fel bonus, etc = making it easier to replace items.
- Allow Recall with a delay
- Remove 3x npc vendor prices (also an easy changes I believe)
- Lower vendor fee, maybe to 1/5 of what it is now
- Do something against ghost houses, where owner never login. (Believe this would be good on other shards too)
- UHall players love their Item Insurance but Siege players don't want Item Insecure. It seem like a few more Siege Bless would be accepted.

Some changes may be easier than others.

Several seem to agree to make Return to Britain permenent on Siege, now the question is how Mesanna and EA look at this.

Make it easier to restore old account and start a new account, fix the dread Account Management system.

Make it easier and cheaper to upgrade a, account, so it is up to date. Having to pay for SA, LoT, High Sea to play do not help old players back or new players, who use to play F2P.

It's all fine with other Booster and Collections packs being excluded. They are not a must.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If the killer tells you he will res or tell, he can't and tell you to find a healer, don't fear to res.
When you are back to your body, stay a little away, ask nicely if you can loot or ask if anything left for you, tell you are new.
In most times, you won't lose much if anything unless you run in good gear and the killer need your stuff.

Trying to loot before the PK allow you or start yelling at him, only make him mad and you risk res killing and dry looting

Telling the PK, you are weak and he should not kill newbies and he is a bad guy, is not very smart.
Pfft. Screw that. Someone pks me regardless of the situation I would never in a million years politely ask, please, Mr. PK, may I loot my own corpse, sir? I'd rather be res killed 1000 times. :talktothehand:

When someone treats you in an unfriendly manner (make no mistake pking is unfriendly) they deserve none of your good manners. PK are BAD guys, they should be viewed as such.

If you get pked (you probably won't) just run off, heal, and come back and risk getting res killed. Don't say anything, complaining usually just makes them happy, just loot and leave. If getting res killed is such a terrible idea then just head back to town, regear and get back to doing your thing some place else.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
That's your opinion, maybe you should try to follow my advices and see what happen :p

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now you do need to keep in mind, Blue is not always = good and nice.
If someone get res killed on Siege, they may had done something wrong

I always advice new Siege players.

PK'ing is allowed on Siege, even killing of newbies. Sure it may not be honorable but I had killed lots of newbies too in the past, not to grief them, more to say hello before they run off. I would res them again and bring them to my other char Tina Tink and join them to the guild NEW/NEW2. Now the guild is gone, but and I'm blue so mostly players stay to say hello and I can help them with advices and if I like them, I may take them in TDO*.

The PK, who kill a newbie may just see a blue name and attack without looking if it is a newbie. If the guy drop easy, he will know and many will like me try to give them a few advices how to make it on Siege. A few may just move on and let you res and move on. and very few may loot a newbie.

Ok here is exactly why the majority of people do not like to play on PvP shards, moved to trammel etc. Who wants to have to deal with being Pk'd, potentially losing everything, and then you suggest groveling to the person that killed you!?!? Most people do not want to risk losing everything and then have to grovel to the PK'r after the fact.

I have play a ton of MMORPG games. Eventually, it always seems like the PvP crowd laments dwindling numbers on there server, in their region etc etc. I boggles me that they abrasively call people who don't PvP derogatory names like carebear and worse, yet they yearn for these people to come play with them. When really they just want lambs that they can slaughter. I think for UO, the lambs have grown up and want no part of it.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's your opinion, maybe you should try to follow my advices and see what happen :p
Well, I almost never get killed, but I know what would or could happen anyway, I've played this game long enough the know the potential outcomes. :p

I just think it's selfish of pks to kill people them expect them to like, what, thank them for the experience? Rubbish. When you kill people you should expect them to not be happy about it. YOU are the villain, YOU disrupted their day. People have zero reason to treat pks with courtesy. If someone incidentally gets a kick out of getting pked, that's fine, but I certainly would never expect them to be happy or chummy about it, even if it were a well done RP killing.

Were I ever to play a PK I would go in fully aware that I was playing a "bad" character. If I killed someone, I would not expect them to be happy about it, because in that scenario I would be the bad guy, and because of my actions I would deserve derision. Obviously playing a PK that should be the role I'm prepared and looking to experience as I am, of course, playing a murderer, not Chet the friendly neighborhood pk.

The "the pk is your friend!" idea is not appealing to me, it's nonsensical, and immersion breaking unless the PK is doing some really inventive RPing, and from my experience even the very few RP pks are either not very rp-ish or it's more of an after thought.

I've actually considered playing a heavily rped werewolf PK many times over the years, but didn't feel like altering my characters. In my imaginings of it I was hoping to be a name people would see and think "Oh no..." not "Hooray!". While I probably wouldn't loot at all, I would absolutely res kill if people came back while I was "feeding", and I would certainly never help them out afterward.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've actually considered playing a heavily rped werewolf PK many times over the years, but didn't feel like altering my characters. In my imaginings of it I was hoping to be a name people would see and think "Oh no..." not "Hooray!". While I probably wouldn't loot at all, I would absolutely res kill if people came back while I was "feeding", and I would certainly never help them out afterward.
I said it before in another thread, but I think it's worth repeating. To me, Siege would be the perfect shard in which to roleplay. The realism is there. Anyone can be a bad guy. You could be backstabbed at any moment. The system is there for it to be the most dynamic shard for roleplay purposes. Want to roleplay a thief? Go for it! Just don't expect people to want to hang out with your character much. Player killer? Sure! Again, watch how fast you're at minimum shunned and at maximum hunted down regularly by a group of roleplaying do-gooders.

It's all right there.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok here is exactly why the majority of people do not like to play on PvP shards, moved to trammel etc. Who wants to have to deal with being Pk'd, potentially losing everything, and then you suggest groveling to the person that killed you!?!? Most people do not want to risk losing everything and then have to grovel to the PK'r after the fact.

I have play a ton of MMORPG games. Eventually, it always seems like the PvP crowd laments dwindling numbers on there server, in their region etc etc. I boggles me that they abrasively call people who don't PvP derogatory names like carebear and worse, yet they yearn for these people to come play with them. When really they just want lambs that they can slaughter. I think for UO, the lambs have grown up and want no part of it.
Your to scared to "risk everything" or to bad to be able to fight back in a 20 year old fantasy wizard game? I think the name carebear is fitting.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Your to scared to "risk everything" or to bad to be able to fight back in a 20 year old fantasy wizard game? I think the name carebear is fitting.
I am past the age the age of calling people names or needing to apply labels to people. I see you are not. So if it boosts your ego or makes you feel better, please feel free to call me whatever you like.

You seem to think carebear is a derogatory name. Well in the same vein of trying to get people to PvP, I challenge you to try being a carebear. I challenge you to get a Luna house on ATL, own tons of rares, have double digit platinum, be respected by the community etc..... I suspect that would be just as difficult for you as it would be for me to become a PvP'r.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think people are "scared" of loosing their 6k, 100% lrc suit, that most wear.
Problem with siege is that most players simply dont have the time, nor want to play on a shard where, pvp is beyond broken.

- Getting ganked by stealthers, got boring really fast.
- Getting killed by "all kill" tamers(with or without hide/stealth/ninja), got boring really fast.
- Getting killed by necro-mages spamming evilomen+para got boring really fast (i didnt have access to 300 trap boxes)

I ended up playing a cute nakkied tamer with wrestling, wielding a siege blessed scrappers.

All kill, and heal/cure with pots n chiv for the win :p
I did kill some, and i got killed too, but bottom line is, this is _NOT_ how i want to pvp in any way.
I want to be able to wear a decent suit, that is not too hard to replace when i get drylooted.

The 1 char pr account is a joke, any "hardcore" siege player has 300 soulstone with every skill in it, witch kinds breaks the whole siege idea..EG your either pk or crafter etc etc.

Not being able to buy normal gems at a decent price, made it next to impssoible to train imbuing skill, for crafter only accounts.
Not being able to shop in player run shops without getting ganked or robed, also got boring really fast (some kind of safe zone for shopping would be nice)

I could go on :p

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I am past the age the age of calling people names or needing to apply labels to people. I see you are not. So if it boosts your ego or makes you feel better, please feel free to call me whatever you like.

You seem to think carebear is a derogatory name. Well in the same vein of trying to get people to PvP, I challenge you to try being a carebear. I challenge you to get a Luna house on ATL, own tons of rares, have double digit platinum, be respected by the community etc..... I suspect that would be just as difficult for you as it would be for me to become a PvP'r.
Challenge accepted. Which dupe site can I buy all that stuff from?

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
And I think the term carebear is for people to afraid to play UO the way it was before the devs ruined it.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not being able to buy normal gems at a decent price, made it next to impssoible to train imbuing skill, for crafter only accounts.
I trained Imbuing to just shy of GM by unraveling loot.

There isn't any skill that's next to impossible to train on Siege. RoT makes it slow :rant2:and easy :).

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I trained Imbuing to just shy of GM by unraveling loot.

There isn't any skill that's next to impossible to train on Siege. RoT makes it slow :rant2:and easy :).
Make some newbie skill jewelry, with 2 mods, this way you don't need to think of remember gain all the time

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rate Over Time still applies on Siege....comes in handy especially for taming which I started with....
this is also one of the problems i have with current siege. originally pets couldnt be bonded, and thats how it should be on siege.