• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll, what would make you play Siege?

What would make you play Siege?

• Total voters

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kind of sounds like you all want to play on a shard with full loot, but only get any real action when every one agrees not to loot. Am I missing something here? Might as well have insurance. Although I wouldnt say im for it or against it at this point. As half those names on that list you never see doing VvV solo.
It's all about choice. Freedom is key bay bay!

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
No, when I called it magic, it's because it only take a little VvV noob of a looter to break the magic. Even when we agree to not loot, we can't be sure it will not happen.
We make the choice not to loot, it's not a system rule, that stop us from looting.
Lets say, you join the fun and start to loot, what will happen? We may stop the event or we may choose to keep you dead and go on with the event.
Ok, if you use that logic then some one that is going to loot is a noob now? When he or she is only playing the game the way Siege is suppose to be played yes? Am I wrong? My point was the only reason this VvV fun happends on Sunday is because no one loots all other times its as dead as can be.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ok, if you use that logic then some one that is going to loot is a noob now? When he or she is only playing the game the way Siege is suppose to be played yes? Am I wrong? My point was the only reason this VvV fun happends on Sunday is because no one loots all other times its as dead as can be.
Your point is correct, that is the reason really, people do like to do PvP but to then lose in your first fight to probably greater numbers, then have to go grinding for gear or imbue ingreds for days to have another go is offputting, this is an issue to which we don't seem to have a concrete solution beyond a gentlemans agreement.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Welcome to Siege? I dont think that has the same meaning to me any more. Even without adding insurance we have already managed to change what makes Siege. I think ive about had enough. Good luck to all of you that play here.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your point is correct, that is the reason really, people do like to do PvP but to then lose in your first fight to probably greater numbers, then have to go grinding for gear or imbue ingreds for days to have another go is offputting, this is an issue to which we don't seem to have a concrete solution beyond a gentlemans agreement.
Make active VvV cities like champ spawns used to be, If you die you get teleported off someplace and have to hoof it back, but keep all your stuff. Once you leave the VvV area, or the town deactivates it's business as usual. As an added element I would lock banks when VvV is active, so people can't switch out equipment which would keep people honest about what gear they are using.

It's a bit against the siege aesthetic but like dueling arenas this is a limited and voluntary game mode that focuses on active pvp, which requires gear, so I think it's allowable. I doubt it would cause much more action, but it would let people just go crazy without having to rely on everyone being cool about not looting.

It would very likely require much more dev time that siege will ever get, but, it's a thought.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
No, that was not what I did mean, I was sure not calling you a noob.

When I said "when I called it magic, it's because it only take a little VvV noob of a looter to break the magic.", I did mean, new created Siege char, who want some free stuff and go orange and start to loot the first body he see. That will break the feeling od magic.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
... When he or she is only playing the game the way Siege is suppose to be played yes? Am I wrong?...
How is Siege "supposed to be played"? You might have it wrong if you think Siege is merely a battle royal.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We agree on the statement, "Siege is what ever the player wants to make it."

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We agree on the statement, "Siege is what ever the player wants to make it."
And it's been made far better than prodo. Siege is the only reason why my accounts are still active. It's magic.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Plus there is basically no intent to hunt for the current content, as you won't wear stuff due to lack of insurance anyways.
I agree with this statement. I would adventure and wear my best gear if I could insure them.