• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Poll, what would make you play Siege?

What would make you play Siege?

• Total voters

Rieley

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*****- Less ghost houses, if house owner had not logged into the shard for 90 days, let house fall*****

I agree with 99% of your ideas, however this one I am firmly against. If I pay my monthly subscription, no way should I be required to log on. There has to be others that take more than 90 days breaks every now and then. Depends on what is going on in their life, however that is not the point. How could EA/Broadsword drop a house of mine without changing their terms of service? The monthly fee is not only for access to the game, but also includes the benefit of owning a house, among other things.

What about a once a month event on Siege? That would bring more people to play, and my opinion is the reason Siege is slow is UO is going now in subscriptions. I'd play more if there were more people playing the shard, so I'm guessing that would be the place to start.

I really respect your dedication to Siege.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Firstly, we don't know much about Siege but, (agreeing with JD heh) the fact that Trammel is "missing" there is the reason we never bothered to learn more about it. We enormously HATE such adrenaline rushes as being attacked by a player gives, so Trammel is vital to our enjoyment of the game.

Then what the hell are we doing here? Well, we also agree with Ansel and Rieley, in respecting you for your dedication and efforts in saving the shard you love. Usually we lurk in your threads, but now we wanted to share how we feel about it and we can imagine there must be more people who feel the same. (We do know one but she stopped playing UO long time ago.) Adrenaline rushes just are not for everyone.

We must say that the idea that everyone has only 1 character seems indeed an incentive to work together more, so that has its charming side to it. But not nearly enough to pull us in! Also because we agree with both posters complaining about lack of time as well. We currently feel we could play UO for the rest of our lives and not get bored, so much goals are there for us still (on Europa). :) :) But we wish you good luck!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But that's if you are lucky, the last 10 times ive logged in, there has been no general chat response, nobody to be found anywhere.
I usually ignore GC because I'm busy hunting, gathering, & crafting. If I wanted to babblechat instead of playing the game I wouldn't be here in this game, I'd be in a babblechat setup somewhere.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly, we don't know much about Siege but, (agreeing with JD heh) the fact that Trammel is "missing" there is the reason we never bothered to learn more about it. We enormously HATE such adrenaline rushes as being attacked by a player gives, so Trammel is vital to our enjoyment of the game.

Then what the hell are we doing here? Well, we also agree with Ansel and Rieley, in respecting you for your dedication and efforts in saving the shard you love. Usually we lurk in your threads, but now we wanted to share how we feel about it and we can imagine there must be more people who feel the same. (We do know one but she stopped playing UO long time ago.) Adrenaline rushes just are not for everyone.

We must say that the idea that everyone has only 1 character seems indeed an incentive to work together more, so that has its charming side to it. But not nearly enough to pull us in! Also because we agree with both posters complaining about lack of time as well. We currently feel we could play UO for the rest of our lives and not get bored, so much goals are there for us still (on Europa). :) :) But we wish you good luck!
Like I've said, the only real reasons a person dosent play siege are not liking open pvp or full item loss, both of which are key elements of the siege experience, remove or dramatically impair either, siege is no longer siege.

The rest is irrelevant. You could impliment that whole laundry list and it wouldn't have a signicant impact on the population.

Well, except for making the last idea of making siege free to play, which seems exceptionally unlikly.

I personally am against the idea of altering the shard to pander to prodo peeps, for these reasons.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I usually ignore GC because I'm busy hunting, gathering, & crafting. If I wanted to babblechat instead of playing the game I wouldn't be here in this game, I'd be in a babblechat setup somewhere.
And this is why most of us don't know you, other than here in the forum. You need to babblechat more.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a long-time Siege Player, I wonder how anyone who doesn't play Siege could know what they would want in such a poll. I can only offer persuasion in saying: Play Siege...because it's better than watching T.V!

P.S. Please add in the no/anti option to each of the proposed changes to show the ratio side-by-side of who opposes such a change.

Last edited:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only thing that could make me play Siege is logging in to UO and deciding to go play one of my Siege characters instead of Chesapeake. Nothing short of that!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was just based on pre AoS items and no insurance it would change the whole topic. That's why FS still would win since they are free.

Siege with being a Fel environment only is not a bad thing. People just aren't crazy into losing their items. Items rule over skills these days in UO. I don't believe there should be insurance on Siege period.

The person who came up with AoS should be ashamed because there was a way to have new items added to the game BUT not change how UO was suppose to be about. New items could be crafted or be more easily obtained so losing them would be no big issue. This isn't about Tram vs Fel either. Siege and Mugden ( they could of made 2 more) could of been the Fel only shards and the rest could of been Trammel shards only. So PvPers would have their own shards and PvM could have their own shards. Would of been more easier in reality.

No matter how much is talked about Siege in the end it is what it is. If people just don't want to play it they wont no matter what you do. They gave everybody a shot to have an extra house on Siege to help the population and the question is...did it? I doubt it. Most UO players want that safety net and Siege just doesn't have that safety net. If they did give Siege a safety net then it wouldn't be Siege anymore. I voted and truthfully adding more char slots should of been done long ago but the rest of the options was blah.

Keep Siege as it is.

This post endorsed by the "Keep It Simply Siege" organization or more commonly known as KISS and its in spirit with the Valentines holiday.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This... so much this. I need to retire from my job of 28 years so I can play more UO. Unfortunately, I am no where near retirement age, and I don't have the finances for early retirement yet.
Amen, brother!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
*****- Less ghost houses, if house owner had not logged into the shard for 90 days, let house fall*****

I agree with 99% of your ideas, however this one I am firmly against. If I pay my monthly subscription, no way should I be required to log on.
Maybe " If a player do have house both on Siege and Prodo shards and have been active on Prodo shard but not logged in to Siege for 90 days, let the house fall"

We do have several dirt plot, placed of Prodo shard players but they never used them, some are more than a year old and block spots for active new Siege players.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Siege is not for all, however, I know, Siege do have other advances, that could help Prodo shards.

That is fair enough, the ones I'm trying to yell up is the ones who like the adrenaline rush. I know alot peaceful players, who do like the risk and do feel Trammel are to safe but Fel is to scary. On Siege, the community are not splitted. It do something good to the community.

Thanks. the one char did make sense before all got lots of soulstones, I'm sure many have 20-50 soulstones, so I feel, I rather want to see more chars, so Roxxor do not make his own armor with that char but also have maybe a tamer to farm resources and a crafter to make armor, all RP'ing their own personality.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a good one to add would be:

remove imbuing

reasoning: the easiest way to make viable suit is imbuing, and eliminates the need to hunt to gain monster loot. less people actively hunting means less players around and less interaction.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

remove imbuing

reasoning: the easiest way to make viable suit is imbuing, and eliminates the need to hunt to gain monster loot. less people actively hunting means less players around and less interaction.
That would make it even worse with no Insurance, imbuing do halp making it easier to replace suits on Siege

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

remove imbuing

That's essentially what they did on all shards, Smoot. I didn't see it that way at first but when a friend said, without emotion, "It was great when they added imbuing, but then they got rid of it." it made me consider the diminished role of crafters in the game. It's pretty much down to weapons now.

As Freja noted, the availability of crafted suits at low prices takes the sting out of potentially losing everything. But if folks were forced to wear suits made up of only dropped loot pieces I think the sting could be worse.

As an aside, the suits top players are wearing on Atlantic now are far, far beyond any concept of uber any of us could have imagined just a year or two ago. At first it only made people boring, especially on TeamSpeak, as they'd read off the LENGTHY list of properties on a piece they'd just gotten ;)

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

remove imbuing

I think, imbuing is a fine thing for a shard without insurance, as Freja said. You can replace a suit - but it is still not cheap to make good suits which are easy to replace. In my humble opinion, re-forging and the new monster loot enabled the insane suits we are talking about. I farmed on Siege with no gold at all and after 4-5 weeks I got nice majors and legendaries for several suits - so strong, I couln´t even imagine 4-5 years ago.

This system has a good and a bad side: good thing is, that if you lose it, you can farm new stuff. Bad thing: combined with reforging and imbuing you create the typical Atlantic "Armor-and-Equipment"-Zombies that show off 90 % of their time with their shiny suits and dominate everything: tradeboards, the whole market, the General Chat.

So, I think in a system without insurance, things are more modeate: I bought nice legendary pieces from vendors for 500-1000 Gold. Imagine! You lose them eventually - but what´s the matter? You can either hunt new stuff or imbue other stuff. Reforging , however, was never my favourite. That was a game-changer, if you ask me.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I mostly run in Imbued gear. I do know some run in way better suits than I can imbue or reforge or put together from loot without getting headache.

I know, I will never be an upper PvP'er with my suit and my 61 years old me but I still have fun. If I lose my gear, I can make a new suit. In our weekly VvV town wars, I'm doing ok. I have a good bow and a good fast mount so I can get away and heal up.

I do see some players, who don't think they can PvP without upper gear and have to win on any cost. Siege may not be for them because loosing their gear sure hurt.

With allowing better ressource drop and more arti drop etc., it will make it easier to build an upper suit and level the field so it again will be PvP skills that matter.

Siege do have different need than Prodo shards as we do not have Item Insurance and only reason even some PK's, who enjoy looting ask for Item Insurance is, they want to PvP, they do not want to use hours putting a suit togeter just to lose it first time they die.

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
IMO Siege will never be relevant without some form of insurance. The no insurance thing was OK way back when it was implamented. But now days with the cost and time that goes into suit building, who in their right mind says "meh, I lost it again, I`ll just build another one" You can be as hardcore as you wanna portray yourself but rebuilding suit after suit is just stupid and all that time is better spent elsewhere..... as you can plainly see by the population of SP.

As long as UO is HEAVILY item dependent, SP will never be a busy place until more blesses or some form of insurance is available. I personally would come back if SP had more than one char slot and a way to bless paperdoll items or insurance of some sort, even if it was very pricey.

If we were playing the old game with vanqs and GM skills and GM smith made suits..... sure, who needs insurance. Take ya 15 minutes to re equip. But we are not, are we.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My problem with Item Insurance or Blessing is, players would rarely need to replace their suit/weapon so noone would hunt for item or buy item from PC vendors.
If no sheep, no wolves = a dead shard.

If we can decrease the time it take to craft or farm good items and remove vendor fee, I believe it will work.
We do have vendor seach now, we just need to get the vendors stocked.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My problem with Item Insurance or Blessing is, players would rarely need to replace their suit/weapon so noone would hunt for item or buy item from PC vendors.
If no sheep, no wolves = a dead shard.

If we can decrease the time it take to craft or farm good items and remove vendor fee, I believe it will work.
We do have vendor seach now, we just need to get the vendors stocked.
All the other shards have insurance.... I highly doubt that's what "killed" some of them... and many are thriving.... so again... don't think Insurance is what hurt shards.

I know not wanting to equip anything I don't want to lose is a major factor for me on Siege. Having to replace everything if I die keeps me from going anywhere where I might risk losing my life. It's also I think part of why most everyone on Siege hides and stealths... if there was insurance you might actually SEE more people since dying would be a loss of a little gold rather than a loss of very hard work.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO Siege will never be relevant without some form of insurance. The no insurance thing was OK way back when it was implamented. But now days with the cost and time that goes into suit building, who in their right mind says "meh, I lost it again, I`ll just build another one" You can be as hardcore as you wanna portray yourself but rebuilding suit after suit is just stupid and all that time is better spent elsewhere..... as you can plainly see by the population of SP.

As long as UO is HEAVILY item dependent, SP will never be a busy place until more blesses or some form of insurance is available. I personally would come back if SP had more than one char slot and a way to bless paperdoll items or insurance of some sort, even if it was very pricey.

If we were playing the old game with vanqs and GM skills and GM smith made suits..... sure, who needs insurance. Take ya 15 minutes to re equip. But we are not, are we.
Siege has been busy before, within the not too distant past even. It was pretty busy in 2008/2009 when SA hit, and it was very active at different periods after AOS, so it's not like no insurance flat out doesn't work with AOS style itemization.
I have postulated before, and I think it makes sense, that within the general population there will always be a certain percent of people to whom the alternate siege ruleset appeals. When the player base in general is healthy, siege will have more players. The more players siege has, the less the impact of item loss. When the population is low, there aren't enough crafters and pvm hunters selling replacement gear and resources so many are forced to do it themselves, which for many isn't ideal. If the game gets more healthy, siege will get more healthy. I don't see anything else having a substantial impact. I don't think adding in insurance would help siege either. I think it would make a lot of people quit, and people on prodo shards already have insurance and years of history. I don't see making siege less unique drawing in any players from other shards.

The benefits of no insurance are obvious, but so are the costs. You need a certain population baseline, or a dev team actively making adjustments (lol) to keep a balance.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
All the other shards have insurance.... I highly doubt that's what "killed" some of them... and many are thriving.... so again... don't think Insurance is what hurt shards.

I know not wanting to equip anything I don't want to lose is a major factor for me on Siege. Having to replace everything if I die keeps me from going anywhere where I might risk losing my life. It's also I think part of why most everyone on Siege hides and stealths... if there was insurance you might actually SEE more people since dying would be a loss of a little gold rather than a loss of very hard work.
Siege is not a Trammel shard, there are 20 Trammel shards with Item Insurance, no need to make 21 of them.

Siege is a different kind of shard made for the players who love all what you despise from early UO.

To me, Siege is:
- PvP on all facets
- VvV on all facets
- No Item Insurance and only few blessed items
- NPC vendors do not buy your wares and do not sell rersources
- Risk for loosing everything to a PK or an enemy
- Player Justice

That's the shard I want to play on.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I am not active for a too long time on Siege, my judgment can´t be too profound. However, the idea, to TURN ON EVERYTHING is a good idea. If you knew that you could hunt everywhere and get drops from present and past events - with all their fun... THAT would have lured me to that shard earlier. Without insurance. Who cares for insurance, if you can craft and hunt good stuff. TURN ON EVERYTHING. That would make people busy and places more crowded. Combined with lower vendor fees you would give the economy a boost - just my 5 Cents.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It all depends on what you want out of the game. It absolutely kills the game for a lot of people. It's not right or wrong either way, people just want different things.

As for the being afraid to lose equipment thing it's only an issue when the player base is low. Loss of gear is universal, so power creep is kept in check, as such you don't need to farm for a billion years to have a good suit in relative terms. Like I said in the other post, when there aren't crafters and gatherers and hunters running vendors you have to do it yourself, and that's where the real prep-time issues come into play.

People like siege because they like the freedom, and they are willing to sacrifice personal safety to get it. I would say most people don't feel that way, so that's why the population is always going to be low unless the game as a whole is bustling. I don't think adding insurance would make siege more active at all, it would just make it a janky fel experience, something that people can already get on the shard they already play on. The less different, the less appealing.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The more players siege has, the less the impact of item loss. When the population is low, there aren't enough crafters and pvm hunters selling replacement gear and resources so many are forced to do it themselves, which for many isn't ideal.
Here remove of vendor fee would do help alot, as the crafters and farmers need to stock alot of different kind of suit, depending of what their customers need. If I stock 10 suit of 50-200k eack and only sell one in 2 weeks, my vendor will eat up my profit in vendor fee. If I could stock more kind and several kind of weapon and expensive jewelry, others would do too and the PvP'ers could find a suit, when they need one.

If my vendor are well stocked and a fight after a IDIC happen, it's 100% sure I will sell several suits after.

I don't see making siege less unique drawing in any players from other shards.
I do agree, Siege need to be Unique

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Since I am not active for a too long time on Siege, my judgment can´t be too profound. However, the idea, to TURN ON EVERYTHING is a good idea. If you knew that you could hunt everywhere and get drops from present and past events - with all their fun... THAT would have lured me to that shard earlier. Without insurance. Who cares for insurance, if you can craft and hunt good stuff. TURN ON EVERYTHING. That would make people busy and places more crowded. Combined with lower vendor fees you would give the economy a boost - just my 5 Cents.
You may not have a history on Siege but you sure see it with Siege eyes :)

This is mainly what I try to say with alot more words

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh, I'm all for it really, but honestly things like ToT's aren't going to effect anything. The new loot system drops items that exceed in quality every artifact outside of the new Eodon ones.

There's very few event items that would make an impact, outside of maybe conjurors stuff from the Halloween events, I can't think of anything of substantial value.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Eoton sure need a increase in drop of the armor set pieces, the recipes and new artifacts too.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here remove of vendor fee would do help alot, as the crafters and farmers need to stock alot of different kind of suit, depending of what their customers need. If I stock 10 suit of 50-200k eack and only sell one in 2 weeks, my vendor will eat up my profit in vendor fee. If I could stock more kind and several kind of weapon and expensive jewelry, others would do too and the PvP'ers could find a suit, when they need one.
I think it's a fine idea, but I don't think it would change anything. I think the lack of vendors is due primarily to lack of people wanting to run vendors, costs and profits aside, as well as the general lack of demand.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Eoton sure need a increase in drop of the armor set pieces, the recipes and new artifacts too.
You'll get no argument from me there. I think the minuscule drop rate was a stupid idea. Not because any of those items are functional, but because they are all cosmetic. People shouldn't have to grind for ages to get new base crafting options.

The issue of course is that there was almost no content in the Eodon valley, so they had to take the tiny handful of items they added, and force people to grind for weeks and months to get anyone to spend more than a day or two in the place. Of course since their impact on the game is minimal, only a few people bothers to stick around and grind them out.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I do believe most vendor owners gave up, when we got to low in players and they did not sell fast enough.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I have tried for months to get a recipe for tiger helm or the armor piece for the helm, it's insane. @Mesanna
I know I could sell imbued tiger/turtle suits and armor set, but hunting for months without getting one do not make sense. I really want to do some VvV at week days too and get the towns back to life but this hunting and Tina Tinks crafting of 5 x 70 resist and imbued suits are so time eating.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran

When they changed the global loot system was pretty much the end for me on Siege. Now I can farm some of the strongest monsters in the game and still get nothing worth using on a suit. Before I could just hit the luck statue go down to cove 4 and pull 6-8 legendarys or at least something worth using in an hour. They keep making change after change without taking any thought on how it would effect Siege, and slowly killed it. That used to be one of my favorite things here because I could roll around in some sick pieces and pvp without a care.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh, I'm all for it really, but honestly things like ToT's aren't going to effect anything. The new loot system drops items that exceed in quality every artifact outside of the new Eodon ones.

There's very few event items that would make an impact, outside of maybe conjurors stuff from the Halloween events, I can't think of anything of substantial value.
Well, if you start vom Zero, as I did, EVERYTHING that might eventually drop, makes a difference. It´s easy as it is: If you hunt with you 80 magery in shame with blade spirits you will be happy if you get nice loot, 500 pieces of Gold AND a drop from the virtue items. Don´t underestimate the fun of ANY drop for some People. Even if you can collect a nice drop-museum, trash it for points, trade it - whatever. I would have loved to get a boomstick, a bloodwood spirit or else. Think of the other items which are not turned on. Maybe I am a bit different: My joy is putting stuff together and make it work. Medium and good stuff. Everytime different - not "godly", but working. And if you lose it, make another try. I love experiments. I love new challenges. Why am I not hunting in Tokuno? Cause I can get stuff in other places: loot, money, stuff and drops.

Maybe the normal PvP-person isn´t interested in minors - but people like me who try a new start with the ultimate freedom and the challenge of having nothing and making it work... we would love it.

Besides, I reached a point, where I began trading. However, only for deco, as some stuff (vet rewards) are hard to obtain. Equipment, however, is much more fun, when looted or crafted than bought.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried for months to get a recipe for tiger helm or the armor piece for the helm, it's insane. @Mesanna
I know I could sell imbued tiger/turtle suits and armor set, but hunting for months without getting one do not make sense. I really want to do some VvV at week days too and get the towns back to life but this hunting and Tina Tinks crafting of 5 x 70 resist and imbued suits are so time eating.
I think the imbuing system needs an update personally. Letting you make "sets" of properties would be a fantastic time saver. For example instead of doing each property 1 at a time, you could set multiple properties and intensities, and imbue them all onto an item in one go. So instead of putting the same 4-5 properties on 6 pieces of armor, you would just apply the "set" to each piece, saving potentially dozens if not upwards of hundred clicks. Better yet, add in "suit" crafting, where you highlight x items pieces, then use the "set" property lists to apply the properties to the whole suit in one click.

It would remove the pain of gearing dramatically.

Of course I understand that's an "in a pigs eye" sort of idea, but...

Last edited:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
When they changed the global loot system was pretty much the end for me on Siege. Now I can farm some of the strongest monsters in the game and still get nothing worth using on a suit. Before I could just hit the luck statue go down to cove 4 and pull 6-8 legendarys or at least something worth using in an hour. They keep making change after change without taking any thought on how it would effect Siege, and slowly killed it. That used to be one of my favorite things here because I could roll around in some sick pieces and pvp without a care.
I believe that's only a question of Devs increasing luck on Siege, at least at some spot, maybe Shame and other Virtue dungeons. That would also make this places to hotspots for PvP.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, if you start vom Zero, as I did, EVERYTHING that might eventually drop, makes a difference. It´s easy as it is: If you hunt with you 80 magery in shame with blade spirits you will be happy if you get nice loot, 500 pieces of Gold AND a drop from the virtue items. Don´t underestimate the fun of ANY drop for some People. Even if you can collect a nice drop-museum, trash it for points, trade it - whatever. I would have loved to get a boomstick, a bloodwood spirit or else. Think of the other items which are not turned on. Maybe I am a bit different: My joy is putting stuff together and make it work. Medium and good stuff. Everytime different - not "godly", but working. And if you lose it, make another try. I love experiments. I love new challenges. Why am I not hunting in Tokuno? Cause I can get stuff in other places: loot, money, stuff and drops.

Maybe the normal PvP-person isn´t interested in minor´s - but people like me who try a new start with the ultimate freedom and the challenge of having nothing and making it work... we would love it.

Besides, I reached a point, where I began trading. However, only for deco, as some stuff (vet rewards) are hard to obtain. Equipment, however, is much more fun, when looted or crafted than bought.
Like I said im perfectly fine with stuff like that being turned on, but in a discussion of making gearing easier, I don't think it will have any impact what so ever, as none of those items are in any real demand because of the new itemization.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This system has a good and a bad side: good thing is, that if you lose it, you can farm new stuff. Bad thing: combined with reforging and imbuing you create the typical Atlantic "Armor-and-Equipment"-Zombies that show off 90 % of their time with their shiny suits and dominate everything: tradeboards, the whole market, the General Chat.
I love that turn of phrase regarding the uber geared bank sitters. And this, more than anything on Freja's list, makes me consider Siege seriously. On Atlantic with its 15 cents per million gold and billion gold ninja mitts, it's a pay to win game for many, despite the subscription fee.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that's only a question of Devs increasing luck on Siege, at least at some spot, maybe Shame and other Virtue dungeons. That would also make this places to hotspots for PvP.
I really think the effects of luck are negligible honestly. The effects are not easy to see. I remember thinking in the past that if item actually came with some visual indication, or even a unique color or name, or your get a little message, ("oh what luck!" or whatever) so that you KNOW when luck helped you, it would make it a much more appealing stat. As it sits now its very hard to tell the difference between 2000 luck and 0 luck, as both can result in similar items.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I think the imbuing system needs an update personally. Letting you make "sets" of properties would be a fantastic time saver. For example instead of doing each property 1 at a time, you could set multiple properties and intensities, and imbue them all onto an item in one go
If I just would fail less, when adding last 2 mods, it would be ok, only thing, that is a pain is resist, as you can't just add 15 PH to all pieces, you have to put suit on, add different resist to different pieces and try to get 5x70 with only use of one mod slot on each piece. That's why I ask for +15 basis resist on items, both crafted and loot. It would spare a lot of gem and time.

Also, most better magic gear from loot would give you 5x70 resist, evt after enshanging and you did only need to care about other mods. We sure need some love from the devs

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I really think the effects of luck are negligible honestly. The effects are not easy to see. I remember thinking in the past that if item actually came with some visual indication, or even a unique color or name, or your get a little message, ("oh what luck!" or whatever) so that you KNOW when luck helped you, it would make it a much more appealing stat. As it sits now its very hard to tell the difference between 2000 luck and 0 luck, as both can result in similar items.
That is sad, I guess new loot again was balanced after Prodo shards, Siege need help here. I also believe Feanaro Seragon have right, new loot did hurt Siege, even when it was nice it was everywhere, it now sucks except when it comes to unraw of relic.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I love that turn of phrase regarding the uber geared bank sitters. And this, more than anything on Freja's list, makes me consider Siege seriously. On Atlantic with its 15 cents per million gold and billion gold ninja mitts, it's a pay to win game for many, despite the subscription fee.
I would love to see you on Siege and you will be welcome in TDO :)

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would love to see you on Siege and you will be welcome in TDO :)
Oh, Freja, alas I just logged into my character on Siege....he's a mess! Not sure how I did it but I have a perfectly useless character with 30-40 points of skill in just about everything.....meaning there's nothing he *can* do :)

Not sure whether to simply delete the poor fellow and start over or try to make him make some sense. He reminds me of a guy I made back in '98 and didn't see again until last year....bit of mining, bit of lumberjacking, some carpentry and, of course, CAMPING :p

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Oh, Freja, alas I just logged into my character on Siege....he's a mess! Not sure how I did it but I have a perfectly useless character with 30-40 points of skill in just about everything.....meaning there's nothing he *can* do :)

Not sure whether to simply delete the poor fellow and start over or try to make him make some sense. He reminds me of a guy I made back in '98 and didn't see again until last year....bit of mining, bit of lumberjacking, some carpentry and, of course, CAMPING :p
That's how I have it if I login to my Prodo shard chars, they are all useless :p

You could start set skills up and down to choose what to work on :p

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do believe most vendor owners gave up, when we got to low in players and they did not sell fast enough.
Checking vendor stock each day, day after day, and oh so rarely needing to restock anything other than more gold on the vendors so they won't quit, did get tiresome.

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's how I have it if I login to my Prodo shard chars, they are all useless :p

You could start set skills up and down to choose what to work on :p
I *think* I was in the process of that, actually....I see some arrows set to down...it should prove an interesting puzzle, Freja :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I *think* I was in the process of that, actually....I see some arrows set to down...it should prove an interesting puzzle, Freja :)
Don't give up this time and careful if you hear Wisps sound, the Dark Wisps love ganking newbies and will guard your corpes too :devil:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Add Item Insurance

I tried playing Siege a few years ago. I found myself cowering in my house fearful of losing any of the small number of nice gear pieces I earned/purchased. I found I so drastically changed my play style from the Prodo shards it was not as enjoyable.

I loved ROT. I was ok with meeting Reds anywhere and at any time. I loved the new housing rules (but I wish it was on a 1 month refresh timer to clear out all of the unused properties). I found the community to be relatively tight. All good things. I just couldn't overcome the potential loss of all of my gear in one fell swoop to either a Red or even a tough Monster. It made me play it too safe and that is what killed the Siege concept for me.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Fear sure can be a show stopper. The key here is to have 1-2 suit ready, so if you should lose a suit, it is no big deal.