• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Publish 86.0.1 to TC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

UO News

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Game
2014 Jul 24 14:12 GMT

These are the changes and updates to the systems currently on TC1.

Global Loot Changes

• Paragon chests should now have converted loot inside them.
  • Pets will no longer be deleted on TC1.

Traders Quest

• Ambush mobs strength scaling has been temporarily disabled.
  • Ambush mobs will not spawn if there are other ambush mobs in the immediate area.
  • Ambush mobs will despawn after 10 minutes of not being attacked.
  • Treasury deposits will be made to the city in which the trade order originates, not the destination.

Vice vs Virtue – Phase I

• Using the faction gear-O-matic stone will now give faction gear for testing purposes
  • The sigil will no longer be visible in the EC
  • Stat loss will now be correctly applied for five minutes

Misc Updates

· Special move update: Dismount mana cost updated to 35 from 20.

• Special move update: Force of Nature mana from 35 to 30.

· Special move update: Frenzied whirlwind mana from 20 to 25.

• Dismount/Bola Update:

All ranged dismounts last 8 seconds instead of 10 seconds.

Bolas now compute a weaponless hit chance which also takes attacker HCI and defender DCI into account.

Bolas can be parried based on normal parry rules.

CleanUp Britannia Updates

· Players will no longer receive turn in points for antique items.

グローバルルートシステムの変更 ( シャード全域戦利品改善 )

• パラゴンの宝箱の中身は差し替えられた戦利品が入るようになります。
  • テストセンター(TC1) にてペットが消滅してしまう事は無くなりました。

トレーダークエスト

• 待ち伏せモンスターのストレングス値の調整は一時的に無効になっています。
  • 待ち伏せモンスターは隣接した範囲に他の待ち伏せモンスターがいる場合、出現しません。
  • 10分間攻撃を受けなかった待ち伏せモンスターは消滅します。
  • 荷物の保証金はトレードオーダークエストの配達先の街ではなく、配達元の街の資金になります。

徳と悪徳 (VvV)   -  第一段階

• 試験目的として、 gear-O-maticストーンを使用すると派閥装備を入手する事ができます。
  • SAクライアントでは隠れているシギルを表示しなくなります。
  • (死亡時の)ステータスロスは正しい表示の、5分間が適用されます。

その他のアップデート
  • スペシャルムーブのアップデート:ディスマウント(Dismount)の消費マナは20から35になります。
  • スペシャルムーブのアップデート:フォースオブネイチャー(Force of Nature)のマナは35から30になります。
  • スペシャルムーブのアップデート:フレンジードワールウィンド(Frenzied whirlwind) のマナは20から25になります。
  • ディスマウント/ボーラ アップデート

* すべての範囲のディスマウントの効果は10秒間ではなく8秒間続くようになります。

*ボーラによる攻撃は攻撃する側の命中率と攻撃を受ける側の回避率両方の計算をし、それにより武器を持たない状態での攻撃が出ます。

*ボーラによる攻撃は通常の受け流しスキルのルールに則り、受け流されるようになります。

クリーンアップブリタニアアップデート

• プレイヤーはantiqueプロパティが付加されたアイテムをゴミ箱に入れてもポイントを受け取る事はできません。

Continue reading...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ranged Dismounts should be more like 5-6 secs, considering how easy they are to get off compared to Melee Dismounts, especially as a Stealther.

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is also statsloss in the new system? how bad is that? this was and is the kill criteria not joining this system.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
8 seconds is perfect adjusment imo, also they almost doubled the mana cost so ...
Only 2 secs less than a Melee Dismount, which is alot harder and riskier to perform. Base, it went from 20 - 35. You take the -10 Special Cost into account, 10-25. 55% LMC on top of that, 5 Mana to 11 Mana. Not near as much of a difference as the base numbers make it seem.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8 seconds is perfect adjusment imo, also they almost doubled the mana cost so ...
Lets be honest though..... for most stealthers that mana cost increase would be irrelevant. These days if your dexxer suit doesn't have +100 Mana Increase your behind the times... and the role of that stealther is typically scouting / outta no where dismounts so having 15 Mana (35 base - 10 Mana for skills = 25 - 40% lmc = 15 Mana) is Hardly going to slow down dismounts AT ALL.
· Special move update: Frenzied whirlwind mana from 20 to 25.

• Dismount/Bola Update:

All ranged dismounts last 8 seconds instead of 10 seconds.

Bolas now compute a weaponless hit chance which also takes attacker HCI and defender DCI into account.
Hmm.. I think the biggest change will be the "weaponless hit chance" ... No more bola's for Mage weapon mages basically. That is basically another perk for wrestling mages which imo are at a disadvantage vs Mage weapon users.... The whole being able to parry is nice also. Overall I like the changes though perhaps I'd go with 6-7 seconds for ranged dismounts instead of 8 but it's a good place to start. Dismount should be difficult to pull off because of it's extreme effectiveness and if someone is willing to put on ninja then a straight up "kill them with damage" fight is what your going to have to do... I love those.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The archer dismount changes are irrelevant. To small to be noticed.

The bola change makes sense. good job on that one.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Lets be honest though..... for most stealthers that mana cost increase would be irrelevant. These days if your dexxer suit doesn't have +100 Mana Increase your behind the times... and the role of that stealther is typically scouting / outta no where dismounts so having 15 Mana (35 base - 10 Mana for skills = 25 - 40% lmc = 15 Mana) is Hardly going to slow down dismounts AT ALL.

Hmm.. I think the biggest change will be the "weaponless hit chance" ... No more bola's for Mage weapon mages basically. That is basically another perk for wrestling mages which imo are at a disadvantage vs Mage weapon users.... The whole being able to parry is nice also. Overall I like the changes though perhaps I'd go with 6-7 seconds for ranged dismounts instead of 8 but it's a good place to start. Dismount should be difficult to pull off because of it's extreme effectiveness and if someone is willing to put on ninja then a straight up "kill them with damage" fight is what your going to have to do... I love those.

Alright 6-7 seconds maybe coull work I guess, but afterall, who compaint about dismount really before that? Who did ask for a dismount change in the publish 86 ??? No one was expecting any dismount changes and they are reducing the remount timer and doubling the mana cost so imo again, this is fair enought , next -->

Also remember that reducing the remount timer also reduce the remount timer for the dismounter itself so , basically its 50/50. If you have a good mage with you, even a remount timer of 1 sec couldnt help a ninja if the mage weakens spamm him...

Last edited:

Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a reminder, the bug in the Twisted wield, the shadow wisps and pixies are still killing each other, Pixies and Dryads are attacking the swoop as well. Not sure if this was intended or not.

Also - Thank you for fixing the spawning rate of certain creatures!

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a reminder, the bug in the Twisted wield, the shadow wisps and pixies are still killing each other, Pixies and Dryads are attacking the swoop as well. Not sure if this was intended or not.

Also - Thank you for fixing the spawning rate of certain creatures!
We identified what was causing that issue, and you should see a fix for it in a future TC 1 update. Thanks to all those who reported it :D

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nothing wrong with the way any dismounts were setup..the changes to bolas are a great addition..
Dismount timer
Bola-5 secs
Ranged-7 seconds
Melee- 10 seconds

(Dismount special cannot be toggled for 1.5 Seconds after the dismounter jumps off mount or lands) that was the biggest issue (Para,Insta Dismount)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

You do realize you need to run HCI on your mage template now for this to effectively work...Otherwise they parry and you're stuck on foot. I mean 0 hci vs 45 dci (take into account possible parry and bushido evasion) is a no brainer in the rng roll...

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do realize you need to run HCI on your mage template now for this to effectively work...Otherwise they parry and you're stuck on foot. I mean 0 hci vs 45 dci (take into account possible parry and bushido evasion) is a no brainer in the rng roll...
That's a good point about parry but I think your making the wrong assumption. If I was using archery dismount I ... as the dismounter can attempt to dismount someone and will only be forced to stay on foot when I actually do so. I'd guess that if they PARRY a bola the person that attempted to bola them wouldn't be prevented from mounting. It's worth checking though.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there is also statsloss in the new system? how bad is that? this was and is the kill criteria not joining this system.
There has never been anything bad about Stat Loss. Judging by the patch notes, Stat has been brought down to 5 minutes which is fair IMO

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some quick testing:

Bola User: Brand new Newbie char
Victim: 45 DCI 120 swords 90 Tactics

2 Hits
2 Misses

Misses consume the Bola. I didnt bring enough Bola's to keep testing :(

** I got more Bolas! So, to finish:

6 Hits
4 Misses

With a character with ZERO HCI (Brand new newbie in fact)

Last edited:

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That's a good point about parry but I think your making the wrong assumption. If I was using archery dismount I ... as the dismounter can attempt to dismount someone and will only be forced to stay on foot when I actually do so. I'd guess that if they PARRY a bola the person that attempted to bola them wouldn't be prevented from mounting. It's worth checking though.
If you're a dismount archer/thrower that is you job to dismount. You are suppose to be on foot! You are suppose to put them on foot so others can take them out or if a tamer/archer sick your DM on them.

Even as a parry mage you will still need hci in your suit to increase your odds of hitting. Again, by simple roll of the rng 0 hci vs 45 dci will 90% of the time favor dci. It's like saying hey archer go try and hit that guy with 45dci but you don't have any hci to offset it. How often will you hit?

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Some quick testing:

Bola User: Brand new Newbie char
Victim: 45 DCI

2 Hits
2 Misses

Misses consume the Bola. I didnt bring enough Bola's to keep testing :(

** I got more Bolas! So, to finish:

6 Hits
4 Misses

With a character with ZERO HCI (Brand new newbie in fact)

did this person you tested against have 120 mele/tactics? also after testing that try adding parry. After that try adding parry bushido and doing evasion....

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Test of 10 Bolas

Newbie using Bolas vs 120 Parry character 120 Swords 120 Tactics 45 DCI

3 Hits
7 Misses

45 HCI Character vs 45 DCI Character with 120 Wrestle/Tactics

9 Hits
1 Miss

Last edited:

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Right now I'm doing

0 HCI Attacker vs 45 DCI 120 Bush 120 Parry

I can confirm, if you are evading, the ONLY thing you evade is the damage the Bola does, NOT the dismount

5 Hits
5 Misses

0 HCI Attacker vs 45 DCI 120 Swords 120 Tactics

3 Hits
7 Misses

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for taking the time to go out of your way and test it. As I thought, it is now pointless for a mage to use a bola against any dexxer with 120 mele/tactics. If you add parry to the template it will be even worse. Bolas will no longer be used due to this nerf

Quick question, and I am sure you did, but want to double check. With the 120swords/tactics you had a sword equiped when testing right?

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Frenzied Whirlwind gets hit by the nerf bat. Not sure why the mana cost was increased.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for taking the time to go out of your way and test it. As I thought, it is now pointless for a mage to use a bola against any dexxer with 120 mele/tactics. If you add parry to the template it will be even worse. Bolas will no longer be used due to this nerf

Quick question, and I am sure you did, but want to double check. With the 120swords/tactics you had a sword equiped when testing right?
ill be using a bola... i have combat mage 45hci 45dci

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course.

Tried another 10

0 HCI vs 45 DCI 120Swords/Tactics

4 Hits
6 Miss

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Another 10:

0 HCI vs 45 DCI 120 Swords/Tactics

3 hits
7 misses

I also tried to better detail the templates used in prior posts. So @Aiden O'Connor I do have the data for a 45 DCI/120 Parry/120 Swords/120 Tactics

After testing it: I like the change. I think people will still use Bolas, but they are a little less than a 50% chance to hit. They also get consumed on misses which is good, as is Bola's never run out as long as you pick them up.

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
ill be using a bola... i have combat mage 45hci 45dci
that's great you already play a specific template that isn't effected. BTH your template isn't great in a raid, can it used sure BUT it's not ideal.

If you raid a sampire it will almost be impossible to take them off mount. Let's say it hits 50/50. That one time I miss that sampire can run away while I'm off mount for 8 seconds

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does it only apply in PvP? I better go to test and check it out.
I am sure the increased Mana Cost in base, not depending on PvP or PvM. But sometimes things get nerfed due to one of the playstyles. If I had to guess, it was nerfed due to its pvp uses.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I also appreciate your testing... I just wish ya could squeeze in a thousand attempts rather than ten. ;)

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Promathia, post: 2410762, member: 154543"]Another 10:

0 HCI vs 45 DCI 120 Swords/Tactics

3 hits
7 misses

I also tried to better detail the templates used in prior posts. So @Aiden O'Connor I do have the data for a 45 DCI/120 Parry/120 Swords/120 Tactics

After testing it: I like the change. I think people will still use Bolas, but they are a little less than a 50% chance to hit. They also get consumed on misses which is good, as is Bola's never run out as long as you pick them up.

Still not clear Promathia....

0 HCI vs 45 DCI 120 Swords / Tactics.... I read that line as the guy with ZERO HCI has no combat skills... list HCI / DCI & Skill levels for both attacking / defending character.. or make it CLEAR that BOTH characters have 120 combat skill heh.

If you meant something like..

0 HCI vs 45 DCI (Both characters 120 Swords) is generating 3 hits / 7 misses that's sounds about right meaning that it follows our standard Weapon Hit Chance / Miss Chance Formula. Also.. you keep listing Tactics like it has some effect on your chance to hit..... It doesn't heh. I know it has been suggested in the past that perhaps it should factor into a hit chance calculation for bola's... but listing Tactics is like listing your snooping skill....

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still not clear Promathia....

0 HCI vs 45 DCI 120 Swords / Tactics.... I read that line as the guy with ZERO HCI has no combat skills... list HCI / DCI & Skill levels for both attacking / defending character.. or make it CLEAR that BOTH characters have 120 combat skill heh.

If you meant something like..

0 HCI vs 45 DCI (Both characters 120 Swords) is generating 3 hits / 7 misses that's sounds about right meaning that it follows our standard Weapon Hit Chance / Miss Chance Formula. Also.. you keep listing Tactics like it has some effect on your chance to hit..... It doesn't heh. I know it has been suggested in the past that perhaps it should factor into a hit chance calculation for bola's... but listing Tactics is like listing your snooping skill....
I was asked to test it with higher Tactics by another poster.

And I meant the Bolaer had 0 HCI, the victim had 45 DCI with 120 swords and Tactics.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I'm reading this right one in effect will need Wrestling to throw a bola with any effectiveness? That's how I'm reading it, let me know, please, someone, if I'm reading it incorrectly.

The idea of making bolas avoidable has certain advantages. Kinda neat actually.

But making them keyed to Wrestling takes what is now an unrestricted ranged dismount and restricts it to one class, thereby making them not all that different from the ranged dismount associated with Archery. (Is there one associated with Throwing too?)

Why not, say, key it to either an arbitrary amount or the average of skills or something?

-Galen's player

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If I'm reading this right one in effect will need Wrestling to throw a bola with any effectiveness? That's how I'm reading it, let me know, please, someone, if I'm reading it incorrectly.

You are reading it incorrectly.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for this: "Treasury deposits will be made to the city in which the trade order originates, not the destination."

Why removing trade quest monster scaling? Was it proving too onerous to fix it and scale it properly?

If so why not offer, say, distinct levels, and each level having greater chances at better rewards and granting yet more gold to the city? (Starting with insubstantial gold to the city and moving up.) Newer characters could train up while participating in something. If people want to farm the lower level quests and count on volume to get them a chance at better rewards, well, that's not unlike how some approach not dissimilar content now.

That may not be easy to code but I'm betting it's easier than is monster scaling. Sorta like treasure maps, and that's in the game currently.

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are reading it incorrectly.
Please re-phrase it, perhaps?

The language was "Bolas now compute a weaponless hit chance which also takes attacker HCI and defender DCI into account." Does that mean just a certain amount? I read "weaponless hit chance" as using the only unarmed combat skill in the game I know of: Wrestling.

-Galen's player

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please re-phrase it, perhaps?

The language was "Bolas now compute a weaponless hit chance which also takes attacker HCI and defender DCI into account." Does that mean just a certain amount? I read "weaponless hit chance" as using the only unarmed combat skill in the game I know of: Wrestling.

-Galen's player
More HCI = More chances of a successful Bola attempt
More DCI = More chance of avoiding a Bola

I have seen no difference in the Bola being thrown by someone with a weapon skill or without.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More HCI = More chances of a successful Bola attempt
More DCI = More chance of avoiding a Bola

I have seen no difference in the Bola being thrown by someone with a weapon skill or without.
So the answer is that the unarmed skill doesn't seem to refer to Wrestling but rather to a certain amount that's either arbitrary or is determined through unknown means?

-Galen's player

Aiden O'Connor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I believe they mean weaponless in the sense that there is no required weapon skill at all and it only rolls against HCI/DCI/Parry. Still, it will effectively limit those that will use it. I would be surprised if I see anyone use bolas after this publish. The risk out weighs the reward in a dramatic sense. This didn't make it an even playing field, it made it useless. Why would anyone with 0 hci want to even take the risk of throwing a bola if they are going to be stuck on foot for 8 seconds regardless if it hits or not? In a field fight this puts the bolaer whom already was at a disadvantage (disarmed and on foot) at an even greater disadvantage.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why removing trade quest monster scaling? Was it proving too onerous to fix it and scale it properly?
My assumption (could be totally wrong) is that they likely removed it while they fix it, so people can actually fight the ambushers and see how it affects the deposit/reward at the end?

Just my assumption, since they did specifically state 'temporarily disabled' and not entirely removed.

Veldrane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It does say temporarily disabled, so I'm hoping that means they're work on it but didn't want it to hold up the testing of treasury reward with / without ambush kills.

EDIT: Faeryl beat me to the reply

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My assumption (could be totally wrong) is that they likely removed it while they fix it, so people can actually fight the ambushers and see how it affects the deposit/reward at the end?

Just my assumption, since they did specifically state 'temporarily disabled' and not entirely removed.

Somehow I missed that "temporarily" completely.

Thank you!

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does say temporarily disabled, so I'm hoping that means they're work on it but didn't want it to hold up the testing of treasury reward with / without ambush kills.

EDIT: Faeryl beat me to the reply

Somehow I missed that "temporarily" completely.

Thank you!

-Galen's player

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
that's great you already play a specific template that isn't effected. BTH your template isn't great in a raid, can it used sure BUT it's not ideal.

If you raid a sampire it will almost be impossible to take them off mount. Let's say it hits 50/50. That one time I miss that sampire can run away while I'm off mount for 8 seconds
Oh come on, if you are an actual PvPer and can't kill a sampire without dismounting you may need to just learn to play. They're useless in PvP.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why would anyone with 0 hci want to even take the risk of throwing a bola if they are going to be stuck on foot for 8 seconds regardless if it hits or not? In a field fight this puts the bolaer whom already was at a disadvantage (disarmed and on foot) at an even greater disadvantage.
Where does it say that if you miss your bola or it is parried that the bola thrower is stuck on foot? I would think that the bola should act just like any other dismount special in that the dismounter is only stuck on foot if he actually discounts some....

On the "weaponless" wording for the bolas.... that's what confused me. I thought that it meant that it would use your appropriate weapon skill because you obviously cannot hold any weapon and throw a bola. A simple 50/50 hit miss chance modified by attackers hci and defenders dci means at best your looking at 72% to hit...

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the answer is that the unarmed skill doesn't seem to refer to Wrestling but rather to a certain amount that's either arbitrary or is determined through unknown means?

-Galen's player
Weaponless implies skill doesn't matter, and like Solus said, HCI improves hit chance and DCI negates hit chance. I'm not sure what's confusing about the formula? Assume 0 HCI vs 0 DCI is a 50/50 situation, as Vexxed just posted. So like he figured out, go to Combat and set everything as zero, then increase HCI or DCI to see adjustments (34%-72% hit chance, overall, not considering parry).

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
SO it is the same formula as hit chance in any combat ,45 hci vs 45dci = 50% chance to hit , but they should consider that when you throw a bola you loose your weapon and shield and both can have hci , does hci count before or after your weapons unequip you think ? Im pretty sure they coded it so it doesnt count the hci on your weapon/shield for the hit chance of the bola thrown ...

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SO it is the same formula as hit chance in any combat ,45 hci vs 45dci = 50% chance to hit , but they should consider that when you throw a bola you loose your weapon and shield and both can have hci , does hci count before or after your weapons unequip you think ? Im pretty sure they coded it so it doesnt count the hci on your weapon/shield for the hit chance of the bola thrown ...
Hmm.... that's a great point. If they set it up to use your hci prior to equipping the bola etc... that would be abused and people would just have a toggle to equip high hci item then bola. Not sure what a good solution is but personally I try to save weapon mods for hit effects and the more basic stuff like Di / SSI etc. I actually rarely use hci on a weapon and shields are usually Dci personally. I'm ok with less ranged dismounting overall though. Dismount is only really useful in a gank and if your willing to fight out numbered making that dismount gank tactic less effective is a good thing. I hear far more crying about dismount than I do about offscreen.....

Revan123

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Oh wow Frenzied Whirlwind is gonna cost more mana? Nice. So what's it gonna take now? 25 instead of 20? So let's see 55% of 20 (the old value) is 11, and 20-11=9 (the old cost). And 55% of (the new value) 25 rounds up to about 14, and 25-14=11 (the new cost). So that means frenzied whirlwind is going to cost 2 extra mana, and 2 mana out of 100 (the average dexxer's mana pool) comes out to about 2%. So yeah, this really should make a huge difference.

Also, we're nerfing Bola dismounts (a mage's primary way of dismounting) to hell, and all we're doing to Ranged dismounters is making the timer last two seconds less? But to make up for it, we're going to make dismount cost less mana? Who comes up with these changes again? Because they must not be playing the same f'ng game that I am.

So why are we nerfing the dismount now? Ohhhh but I thought Animal Form was too overpowered? I thought dismounts weren't powerful enough? Now that any noob zerg can dismount you, weaken spam you, and stack disarm + splinter in the same hit, only to follow with nerve strike/mortal/lethal poison/paralyze/armor ignore/frenzied whirlwind all with potential splinter weapon procs, with limitless mana because of reforged gear and 55 LMC, and pretty much guarantee a death every time your feet touch the ground; have we finally all realized that Dismount Online is getting a little ridiculous? Good Job Guys, keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.