• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Atlantic Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Happy to see, that the niveau of this thread is getting better and better, hehe :D

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My issues have all been resolved above and beyond any possible expectations I had. I had decided very early during this that it was a total loss and forced myself to move on. +1 for our rockin little world of UO.

Last edited:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ya know, I was about ready to slam some people for dumping on sweet Petra. I didn't really know much of her before Stratic's 15th anniversary and then I watched her online talk for 2 hours about how much she loves this game. She is the sweetiest older lady with a good heart and such passion for Ultima Online. Then I remembered how tough she is and how she can take care of herself.

Petra, you are actually doing the job of something I used to do back in 1997-98, which was to try and calm the nerves when thousands of people would come on here and bash the Devs regularly. I stuck up for the Devs, reminded the mob that it was leading edge technology and that they needed to calm down and be patient - that Atlantic would be up soon. *laughs* Only you do it every day in an official compacity, with such flair, patience and kindness. You are truly the "Great Lady of Stratics". Thank you for all that you do.
And she doesn't even get combat pay, but she should! :D

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Funny how things change so quickly. Yesterday many had pitchforks and torches waving, and now
it's teletubbies and care bears... Is there such a thing as group schizophrenia? If so, we may want to
see someone about it.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i run 3 accounts that i would consider my 'mains'
yesterday my 3rd account got a free month tacked onto it when it runs out in another couple months.
so that cool.
so then i got to thinking.... how do they know that i was on on that account but not my other 2?
then i remembered that i had paged a GM about that commodity chest that fell under my house, and i had done it on that account.
so i just assumed that that was how they had doled out the free month.
squeaky wheel kinda thing.
but then today my account #2 got a free month.
and i havnt paged a GM on that account.
so i went and checked my account #1 (which i would consider my MAIN account) and nothing.

so im back to having no idea how they are doling out the 30 days.

they must have a master list of who logs in and such i guess.
3/3 now have it.
and a account i turned on to do a house transfer also got it.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup. My account's been given the 30 days as well. Thanks Devs for all your hard work! :D

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do you know if you received 30 free days?

LadyElizabeth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
how do you know if you received 30 free days?
Some have gotten emails, but I didn't get anything. If you log into your Mythic master account and look at the active billing info for each of your accounts, it should have something like "CS UO Subscription" for a month tacked on in between your current billing cycle and the next one you'll be billed for. It essentially moves your next payment date back by a month.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It shows up in your account management. All of mine have it now too. Those that were active anyhow.

Last edited:

Elixar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We got our game time, so that is done.

Now let us all be realistic about a universal rollback. You see how the community reacted to this happening to just ONE shard. If you were the business manager of Ultima Online, would you realistically think it to be a good idea to give everyone a free month of UO and then piss off EVERY SHARD just like Atlantic did? There are many advantages and disadvantages to playing Atlantic; I should know I played six years there before transfer to Pacific. Everyone needs to 1) Stop exaggerating. If you really lost billions nobody is crying for you. Billionaires are what is wrong with UO, 2) be glad EA even bothers keeping this game going, we all know it is headed for the crapper, 3) get out there and play!

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A) Extending my subscription by X days is not the same as giving me back the X days of time that have been deleted from history.
And you miss the point: they're giving you twice the time to redo what was lost. You might place value on your time, but EA can only value it as a pro-rated monthly subscription.

Let's say your enjoyment was worth $50 for the two weeks. You got a pretty good value for half a month, don't you think? They're restoring that, plus giving you a chance to get another $50. Or, tell us how much you value the play you receive -- less than half a month's subscription, or more?

B) I haven't gotten anything yet. I have a sneaking suspicion that only the people who lost veteran rewards or transfers are going to get the 30 days, and everyone else is going to be told to suck it up.
Be patient. Don't panic. People are getting restored piecemeal. I have a feeling that the backups weren't corrupted as in purely garbage data, but a format that can't easily be restored.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
4 of 5 accounts credited here.
Just want to say you don't have to do anything to get credited. Apparently if you logged in at all you will be credited for your time. It doesn't matter how long you'd been logged in or if you have a house or any of that. I haven't paged a GM or contacted CS or anything.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I for one am glad this is almost over everyone goin on about how this was the biggest blunder in UO history all I can say is when I look back on this what will give me nightmares years to come is dealing with the Reverters ... These nasty little creatures had a barding dificulty of 1 billion or as I am sure in their caculations would be 100 billion including all the rares they ever collected in this game and any game they played before or during this one ...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok, well ill be the first to come out and say it (well not the first, but lets pretend)
i think with the lack of communication aside the fumble recovery has been pretty good!

i give you one Slow Clap!

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just want to say you don't have to do anything to get credited. Apparently if you logged in at all you will be credited for your time. It doesn't matter how long you'd been logged in or if you have a house or any of that. I haven't paged a GM or contacted CS or anything.
Indeed... I was credited with 30 days, and I don't think I even loaded a character. I just reopened my old account last week and peeked into Atlantic to see if I had any characters there.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am happy for those with 20/20 hindsight. As said all they needed to do was feed the UHall trolls. I will get on and ruffle the feathers of those don't share my view and think they can speak for me. My experience comes from pre pub 16. When you crashed and couldn't get back in the game till others crashed. Forget getting back to your corpse pre insurance days. When you made sure there was 2-3 back up suits in the bank before going hunting. Like their ability get get out information. There is a history of not doing the right thing. Even if they did get out some kind of plan. How many would of still had the faith? When there is a handful still wondering WTF. Call them grubbers and just move on. If 400 post ago they came on and stated they have a way to track all goings on and it will just take time.

Just need the pic of the office betting pool for who will shoot coffee out their nose next while reading the forums.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol...
I guess you didn't play during the birth of Malas...
I always thought the start of Trammel housing was worse. Trammel had already been open, so everybody was already logged in, waiting for the primetime race start (not at server-up). It was anticipated to be the worst-ever stress on the servers, so busy subservers telestormed random people to supposedly less-populated subservers. It didn't matter which one for me. Many of us were purely lagged out.

Malas wasn't accessible until an account was upgraded. The trick to upgrading an account to AoS? The same thing with getting Atlantic chars restored: patience. People weren't waiting for the page to load fully. They'd click "Edit account," nothing would happen, so they'd keep reloading the page, putting more strain on the website. I simply waited the few minutes for all the JavaScript to load, upgraded two accounts, and plopped two 18x18s outside Luna.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am happy for those with 20/20 hindsight. As said all they needed to do was feed the UHall trolls. I will get on and ruffle the feathers of those don't share my view and think they can speak for me. My experience comes from pre pub 16. When you crashed and couldn't get back in the game till others crashed. Forget getting back to your corpse pre insurance days. When you made sure there was 2-3 back up suits in the bank before going hunting. Like their ability get get out information. There is a history of not doing the right thing. Even if they did get out some kind of plan. How many would of still had the faith? When there is a handful still wondering WTF. Call them grubbers and just move on. If 400 post ago they came on and stated they have a way to track all goings on and it will just take time.

Just need the pic of the office betting pool for who will shoot coffee out their nose next while reading the forums.
Kindly tell us how anyone here was a "troll," even those demanding reverts for all, and also who ever claimed to speak for you, since I don't see those.

You have an odd memory of the old days. When most everyone relied on modem connections, we'd lose conn because of the phone line or ISP, then come back as a ghost over a looted-dry corpse. Did you ever lag out for no reason, then logging back in to find your character blackholed?

None of that was "fair." It could be compared to lightning strikes on a battlefield. Force majeure. If you play enough, it happens just as often to the other guy.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be interesting of all those negativistic crybabys got their codes and their toons back - or why they stopped posting? :p

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm I just checked my accounts and all were credited 1 month. I didnt request it and I dont play Atlantic much. I just logged in this time to claim xmas rewards. I don't know if I should bother them with it right now to take it back or just buy @60 bucks worth of stuff from the online store.

Last edited:

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm I just checked my accounts and all were credited 1 month. I didnt request it and I dont play Atlantic much. I just logged in this time to claim xmas rewards. I don't know if I should bother them with it right now to take it back or just buy @60 bucks worth of stuff from the online store.
Buying $60 worth of stuff doesn't reimburse EA. They're giving you things for that $60.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what im thinking too. Im to scared to let anyone do anything at account management... But buying stuff from the store that I wouldnt have done .. Better than just keep quiet about it. Or get an account management disaster and end up quitting. Not a big deal if I own some extra trees Bulk Odere Deed covers or whatever is on that site for sale. I would feel better do do something, without going near account management..its a scary place .

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just checked my accounts. Two of the three were active on Atlantic during that time frame, the other wasn't. Those two have been credited with a month of game time, the third one hasn't. I'm guessing as long as you even logged into Atlantic during that time period you will see a credit.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I just download the Clients and patch for my new toy ( http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Superior_Mobility/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX21E/ ) to beeing able to log into the game on the road as i travel much (and my 11.1 3 year old Sony Dreammachine can be finaly replaced...) and by that time i checked account Management for all my accounts and well, i did not get any free 30 days - but i have to say that this is TOTALY OK because i dont Play Atlantic, i just loged into all accounts to get the gifts but dont actively play there...so....all fine here, i dont mind if i dont get something, give it to the ones that realy Play the shard.. ;)

Last edited:

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still waiting. EA's site says I have an open case but still no lost char returned, just an email for every time i paged a gm.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeff Skalski Jeff Skalski ‏@Jeff_Skalski

@***** We hear you and the other ATL players. I have Mesanna looking into what else we can do above the free GT. My apologies again.
Not looking for anything like this to happen before Christmas, and while the team has done an OUTSTANDING job handling this situation :party: :grouphug: I am interested in what is to come. They are a pretty creative bunch.

Way to know where your towels were guys! :pie:

Last edited:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well it seems as most of the issues have been fixed. There still is the question of those whom did shard trades but that looks like more of a trader issue than anything else, which a revert would have solved. Some limited communication would have gone a long way to resolving the problem but the track record has been such that no one should be surprised.

Perta and staff I commend you for allowing this thread to run 16 pages, by far you have shown more communication skills than anyone at EA and if voting for lead producer was a player option I would consider the team as front runners. Thank you for putting up with myself and the other's whom are UO fools.

csagent108

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait and see - and put out the torches and the war forks AFTER I have the proof that I lost everything and nobody will help and nothing is settled. How about that?
Well, you have learned the value patience in this life. I most likely would have reacted the same way as you. But I don't think it's cool of you to call others crybabies for posting their fears and concerns over this fiasco here on this thread. Seems to me this would, after all, be the place to do it. I don't blame anyone for feeling the way they did and venting it out. Things were uncertain, at best, for a while there. Hindsight is 20/20. I'm just glad most of them are getting their chars and items back so we can get back on the path to making Atlantic and UO better for everybody.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had certainly doubted it. This kind of extreme effectiveness isn't in character.

May this sudden extreme effectiveness prove to be the new standard behavior for them. :)
I don't think they were ever, on any of the designs they have drafted, not aware of what to do, or ineffective. I think the environment (15 year old code from a by gone age) they work in is highly perilous and has too many pitfalls to avoid them all with any publish of consequence. This effort on their part shows just how very effective they are capable of being at digging through the records and correctly interpreting the data. And I'll leave it at that.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, you have learned the value patience in this life. I most likely would have reacted the same way as you. But I don't think it's cool of you to call others crybabies for posting their fears and concerns over this fiasco here on this thread. Seems to me this would, after all, be the place to do it. I don't blame anyone for feeling the way they did and venting it out. Things were uncertain, at best, for a while there. Hindsight is 20/20. I'm just glad most of them are getting their chars and items back so we can get back on the path to making Atlantic and UO better for everybody.
I dont think anyone was calling anyone "crybabies" what I believe everyone was frustrated over was the fact certain people were trying to throw all the other servers under the bus because they were angry and upset over losing stuff but then wanted everyone to lose stuff as well .... Sorry but I still dont understand how people can be so angry over losing stuff but then tell the people they are trying to make lose stuff that its ok its just stuff dont be angry ....

There were in fact people who lost a lot of stuff that were against a shard wide revert because they saw no reason to make everyone suffer ...They were also patient and giving the devs time to fix things.. I am glad everyone is getting their stuff back but more so these people who were actually thinking of others not just themselves ...

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think anyone was calling anyone "crybabies" what I believe everyone was frustrated over was the fact certain people were trying to throw all the other servers under the bus because they were angry and upset over losing stuff but then wanted everyone to lose stuff as well .... Sorry but I still dont understand how people can be so angry over losing stuff but then tell the people they are trying to make lose stuff that its ok its just stuff dont be angry ....

There were in fact people who lost a lot of stuff that were against a shard wide revert because they saw no reason to make everyone suffer ...They were also patient and giving the devs time to fix things.. I am glad everyone is getting their stuff back but more so these people who were actually thinking of others not just themselves ...
If I just restarted playing in Sept of this year I wouldn't have had much care for the older player base either. There were lots of people whom said they lost nothing yet thought a revert was a benifit to the game as a whole.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I just restarted playing in Sept of this year I wouldn't have had much care for the older player base either. There were lots of people whom said they lost nothing yet thought a revert was a benifit to the game as a whole.
You do understand that the "old player base" doesnt just include people from Atlantic and transfers right ? So people were caring about all that "old player base" on the other servers as well....
There were a lot of people yes that thought a revert was the "fair or right thing to do" but I think it couldnt have played out any better then it did ...
You care so much about the player base why did you want everyone to lose when they didnt have to ...

Status
Not open for further replies.