• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Atlantic Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't twitter so thanks for that.. Someone tweet him that applying 30 days to n account will muck up some people's carefully planned out payment schedules. They should email all effected a code!!!!

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on LS. I lost nothing.

I would rather have the players that would quit over their revert losses still being around. Far more then lazy assed profitering players that put there warm fuzzy over others due to losses beyond their control. Breeze blows the wrong way in the future the lazy player will quit anyways. Player with the passion to quit due to no fualt of their own is a true loss. Game needs more players about the future of the game and not what is locked down on their floor or hidden in their bankbox. Untill someone with authority gets on and says everything lost can be retrieved, no arguement is right.

Bought codes are tracked and dated. Window time used and redeemed is the only work required.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on LS. I lost nothing.

I would rather have the players that would quit over their revert losses still being around. Far more then lazy assed profitering players that put there warm fuzzy over others due to losses beyond their control. Breeze blows the wrong way in the future the lazy player will quit anyways. Player with the passion to quit due to no fualt of their own is a true loss. Game needs more players about the future of the game and not what is locked down on their floor or hidden in their bankbox. Untill someone with authority gets on and says everything lost can be retrieved, no arguement is right.

Bought codes are tracked and dated. Window time used and redeemed is the only work required.
Over the years there have been many losses due to players , devs , bugs and so forth if we are out to right the wrongs then lets right them all not just this drop in the bucket when it comes to 15 years of bad things happening..... I love this game and would be the first in line to hand over my entire account and start fresh if it meant getting back to the way things were and them preventing all that has happened from happening again

And really are you saying that people should stop caring about their stuff so other people can get back their stuff that they care about ?

Last edited:

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2 above have paged with no luck - but we all know there are issues with the GM paging system and have been for years... you said yourself that you shouldn't have to page a GM - yet it's worked for dozens of others. For Hardy and S_S, I'd recommend cancelling the page and paging again to get a better chance at not ending up in the GM Black Hole.
I have tried this....more then once.

I wonder what all the people who transferred out of Atlantic that week doubling their items/gold are thinking now....

Last edited:

mysty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I paged GM today and got him after 15 minutes :)
they try to restore the chars, so we all have wait a little bit.
i dont wanna make their job now !

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
UPDATE! I know this may not help all but those having issues with just getting a page request in and not being answered, if you are lucky enough to have a 2nd acct..try paging from that acct as well. I logged in my acct with the missing char and just stood there waiting in qu. I then logged in my 2nd acct and paged as well. My 2nd acct got a GM response within 20 mins who I directed to my problem acct. Same reply as others, my request has been escalated and said I should here back from them within 2 days. That's more info than I had 2 days ago, but still not very reassuring.

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As would I if they Police and Observe players. Not thinking code can track code worth a damn. Vendor search used to find out why anyone would have the desire to deed 60k of something like ingots or wood and sell on a vendor. How a player can sell more then one val hammer before bribery. Why more gold then one can carry or hold in a bankbox was needed to buy something. YouTubing an account screwing up and perma banning for titled. Fear of an unforgiving Pixelated god name Draconi should be all a player needs to know to do right.

Take everything UO is today through learning and growth. Apply it from the start fresh nontransfer lock shards. Minus character transfers and botting. Soulstones only toggled active on shards with housing space issues or pub in new lands. Three GMs on 8 hour shifts covering just a few shards with a floater GM for taking holidays. GMs between cry of help using there player tracker powers to see why Lord Snuffy keeps recalling back and forth from one location every few minutes after an hour+. Observe why Lady Zitpopper has not moved in hours at a back lizardman room. Of course playing that shard at a slight higher cost fees. I would seriously lean towards even my 15 year account starting characters there fresh. Be placing a new house letting my historic keep and other account's historic castle fall. Just to make a fresh start on what UO was meant to be. I would delete all my characters and drop all my houses to start fresh on a shard where the BS was not tolerated. All I ask is fresh vet reward pick count and facial tats on my newly generated characters based off the accounts age at sacrificed Prod shard Exodus. A vet player visible to new players that playing catch up means you can at least see who is in the lead.

As always if they step on it due to a new addition needing a revert. So be it.

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So... you know that there is a character that could come on in through the transfer except that the character that you deleted before is there blocking it? Sounds like you need to delete that character again so that there will be room.

As to e-mailing Mesanna - seriously? Given the situation - do you really think she has time to deal one-on-one with every person having an issue? That's what the GM's are for. Given the folk above having quite a bit of success getting their issue resolved - if I were you - I'd delete the character you deleted before and then page a GM. If not - well... as the old saying goes... you can't help someone who won't help themselves...

Reverting the shards is not the answer.
:thumbsup: OUTSTANDING ADVISE :thumbsup:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After hurricane Ike here in Houston a most maddening thing happened in my neighborhood. The very next day we had guys from the power company make the rounds on the transformers, all they did was throw the switch. If you were lucky, the switch did not throw itself back off, and as a result you had power. Other transformers maybe needed replacing, maybe there was line work that needed to be done. It isnt a tale of keeping, or not keeping everybodies power off until all could be restored. Nope not a vehicle for division between the haves and have nots, nor the screwed and not screwed.

Its a tale of allowing the process to progress until completion.
I went a week and a half without power, made me damn appreciative once I had it back.

Rya.II

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
hmm seems like someone quoted me by accident before and wrote to HonorableAdventurer...

well as one of those affected by the revert I am totally against a full revert on all shards...why screw up more people?
thats like being hit be some storm and hoping that there are storms all over the country to make it even? wth...

and like I said its great that those with transfer problems seems to get their chars and items back, but unfortunately there are a lot of people who are affected by the revert and don't get any help yet.
Yes there are some outstanding players who try to help, but seriously its actually not their job to do so!

To the one suggesting I should ask my cross-shard stuff back... I should screw those people who I traded so smoothly with?
Its not their fault that has happend, so I should ask back my stuff and leaving them with nothing in return?
That just as unfair as the situation is now.
(EDIT: of some I dont even know the name, because they contacted me ingame after reading my xshard holiday thread here on stratics)

But you know what one of the biggest problems is...Atlantic is still suffering from servere Lag, its even getting worse and there is still this house customizing bug...it doesnt feel safe to play on Atlantic right now and there is no information from the devs/gms or whoever telling us that it is.

I know I have to "restart" again but I don't want to do it and then having a revert coming the next days or weeks again!

Last edited:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You think I and everyone else in the same situation hasn’t already done that? That’s a brilliant suggestion…Gee why didn’t I think of that.
Posted Today at 10:33AM

My character transfer hasn't been restored. How can they restore a transfer when I had a roster full of characters due to the revert? Are they going to arbitrarily delete one of my characters? I had to delete a character to make room for the transfer.
Posted Today at 10:05AM
So at 10:05AM you had a full roster and at 10:33AM you did not.
Tazar gave good advice on what you posted at 10:05AM. Give it some time and Mesanna is very busy trying to fix everybodies problem not just yours.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So at 10:05AM you had a full roster and at 10:33AM you did not.
Tazar gave good advice on what you posted at 10:05AM. Give it some time and Mesanna is very busy trying to fix everybodies problem not just yours.
Then she needs to come out and say that. As far as I know no one is doing anything.

This lack of response is not acceptable.

I'm out over 1B in items that I transfered on Saturday from Europa for myself and a friend and to my knowledge nothing is being done about it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you say 'nothing is being done' when people quite clearly are posting on here that things ARE being done. Some people have their characters recovered. It's being done individually by hand and all hands are on deck doing it, but it's going to take time.

What you mean is, no one is taking time out from working damn hard on putting things right to post here. Well maybe we should be thinking that actions speak louder than words, and anyone who is actually looking at what's happening can quite clearly see that action is being taken.

T

Tazar

UPDATE! I know this may not help all but those having issues with just getting a page request in and not being answered, if you are lucky enough to have a 2nd acct..try paging from that acct as well. I logged in my acct with the missing char and just stood there waiting in qu. I then logged in my 2nd acct and paged as well. My 2nd acct got a GM response within 20 mins who I directed to my problem acct. Same reply as others, my request has been escalated and said I should here back from them within 2 days. That's more info than I had 2 days ago, but still not very reassuring.

Thank you for providing this information. I hope others are able to benefit from it. If a player does not have a 2nd account, then perhaps having a friend page for you would also help. The GM paging system does seem to have a black-hole in it somewhere...

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whose had characters or transfers restored?

Me, Lynk, Hardy, S_S, Experiemental?

Who are you talking about in this thread that have had characters restored or transfer restored?

"Were going to escalate it to the next level". That's action?

Who here has had characters or transfers restored AFTER the revert?

To my knowledge no one...

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You obviously haven't read the thread as thoroughly as I have. Give me a few minutes to find the links.

T

Tazar

Who are you talking about in this thread that have had characters restored or transfer restored?

Then you need to reread the entire thread - there are MANY that have posted here.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then she needs to come out and say that. As far as I know no one is doing anything.

This lack of response is not acceptable.

I'm out over 1B in items that I transferred on Saturday from Europa for myself and a friend and to my knowledge nothing is being done about it.

Have you cleared you roster and made room for the incoming char? If not you are your own worst enemy. Give us some information, I demand to know what YOU are doing to correct this problem - NOW.

But seriously, if you have cleared room for an incoming char, as stated MANY time there is a Transfer log and anything transferred is recorded. If you have room for the incoming char keep checking I had mine there with her transfer crate as have MANY others.

Page a GM, emailing ANYONE is a waste of your time, hell if i worked there I would just be blocking all incoming so I could deal with people who are actually working to help out by paging a GM getting a response, REPLYING to and email, and actually having room for the incoming char.

If you have made room good for you but you still need to PAGE a GM

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This here is exaclty what is frustrating me ..... Its like there is a group of people with their fingers in their ears just repeating nah nah nah I am not goin to listen until I get what I want and thats for everyone who need not suffer to suffer

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can now verify for anyone else reading this thread that a transfer has been restored after the revert. My Europa to Atlantic has been restored as of this afternoon.

And emailing was not a waste of time as I never paged a GM.

A comment from EA/Mesanna that they were working on the issue of transfers would have gone a long way and should have been posted days ago.

This is the biggest blunder in the history of UO and it was not handled properly.

Miss Echo was spot on about how it should have played out to be fair to everyone involved.

Yes I'm happy to have back my items but I'm not at all happy about the way this entire debacle was handled and that goes double for the lack of communication.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paged a GM (using the "other" option) 6 times on my affected acct....nothing after 6 hours.
Paged a GM twice on my unaffected acct....nothing after almost two hours.
No email (checked spam/junk folders) no ingame notification beyond the inital message that the next available game master will be with me.
I'm tired of this.
Any other suggestions?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please explain to me why several thousand players who are totally and completely unaffected by the Atlantic crash should be made to suffer the same fate? Because of a couple of hundred or so who did character transfers?
Also how would that have achieved anything other than an even more complex and time consuming mess to try to rectify?

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can now verify for anyone else reading this thread that a transfer has been restored after the revert. My Europa to Atlantic has been restored as of this afternoon.

A comment from EA/Mesanna that they were working on the issue of transfers would have gone a long way and should have been posted days ago.

This is the biggest blunder in the history of UO and it was not handled properly.

Miss Echo was spot on about how it should have played out to be fair to everyone involved.

Yes I'm happy to have back my items but I'm not at all happy about the way this entire debacle was handled and that goes double for the lack of communication.
It is not the biggest you only feel it is because it directly affects you .... Involving the innocent in a disaster that need not be is never fair ....

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How can you say 'nothing is being done' when people quite clearly are posting on here that things ARE being done. Some people have their characters recovered. It's being done individually by hand and all hands are on deck doing it, but it's going to take time.

What you mean is, no one is taking time out from working damn hard on putting things right to post here. Well maybe we should be thinking that actions speak louder than words, and anyone who is actually looking at what's happening can quite clearly see that action is being taken.
Unless you are claiming to speak for UO then this is speculation and opinion on your part. While it may not be unreasonable to assume some of these things based on what forum posters have said, it is not official. Has the dev team been working 48 hours straight? I doubt it. They had time to put up a post regarding the revert rather than spending that time working on the fix. There are a lot of unanswered questions regarding other shards, transfers, timelines, compensation, etc that should be addressed in an update... even if they don't have all the answers. Jeff on his twitter account is a lousy substitute for an official update.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Please explain to me why several thousand players who are totally and completely unaffected by the Atlantic crash should be made to suffer the same fate? Because of a couple of hundred or so who did character transfers?
Also how would that have achieved anything other than an even more complex and time consuming mess to try to rectify?
Nothing that has entered the game in the last 12 days can not be regained in the normal course of play. Unless they plan to make rares available ingame again then you are asking a lot of players to lose items that they have NO chance of receiving again ingame as opposed to asking everyone to refine a few days worth of work on something that IS available.

I hear alot of people whining that they should not lose that arti drop or gold from selling an item or even getting a good house placement. IMO that is selfish... I can only imagine how upset those same people would be if they had list something truly unrecoverable.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Has the dev team been working 48 hours straight? I doubt it.
I hope you're not suggesting that's what they should be doing. They're human beings... not machines.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you are claiming to speak for UO then this is speculation and opinion on your part. While it may not be unreasonable to assume some of these things based on what forum posters have said, it is not official. Has the dev team been working 48 hours straight? I doubt it. They had time to put up a post regarding the revert rather than spending that time working on the fix. There are a lot of unanswered questions regarding other shards, transfers, timelines, compensation, etc that should be addressed in an update... even if they don't have all the answers. Jeff on his twitter account is a lousy substitute for an official update.
oki, yes, it's speculation and opinion, and observation, and logical deduction.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That twitter feed is a lousy subsitute for anything let alone a information feed when the guy hardly talks about UO. 3 tweets is a kick in the bucket at best.

T

Tazar

Nothing that has entered the game in the last 12 days can not be regained in the normal course of play. Unless they plan to make rares available ingame again then you are asking a lot of players to lose items that they have NO chance of receiving again ingame as opposed to asking everyone to refine a few days worth of work on something that IS available.

I hear alot of people whining that they should not lose that arti drop or gold from selling an item or even getting a good house placement. IMO that is selfish... I can only imagine how upset those same people would be if they had list something truly unrecoverable.
No true. How many EM Events were held across all shards? How many of those had a reward? Can you guarantee that the same events will be held again? and that everyone who participated the first time will be there to participate again?

I hear complaints of assumptions - yet I see someone making blind assumptions and someone else using observation and logic.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow so a few EM events are held and a few more drops of pixel crack fell from the sky, wow what an amazing addition to the game. So fresh, please.

T

Tazar

Wow so a few EM events are held and a few more drops of pixel crack fell from the sky, wow what an amazing addition to the game. So fresh, please.
Considering that the black-holed transfer characters are being restored - there is no reason to take away everything from everyone on the other 26 shards. Again - there is no justifiable reason to revert all shards - and never was.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems that most forget that only a small percentage of the players actually post on the boards.

If I am wrong wouldn't we be seeing thousands posting on this topic and discussing this for both sides of the argument?

So the few who are posting sure isn't speaking for the majority of everybody else's opinion and if this is the majority I would be really scared of the true game population.

I am going to use gw2guru as an example. The game has sold over 2 million copies. There are plenty of sites out there for the game but gw2gurr is usually the main one used by many players. Now they dont even have 2 millions members on their boards. Numbers below.

62717 Total Members
5956 users are online (in the past 60 minutes)

476 members, 5457 guests, 23 anonymous users

Now lets see what Stratics has by numbers.

Page 1 of 4949 ( I am guessing total members would be 98980 becaue 2o names a page)

Members Online:62
Guests Online:
Total Visitors:
Totals may include hidden visitors.

So in truth if UO is boasting a guestimate of 60k accounts then people posting here is a very small perctentage posting.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You place more value on certain items because you feel they should have more value doesnt matter if its rare or not or even what the majority feels the value is ... Everyone has something they are proud of and find priceless its very selfish to say the items you think are more valuable are because you say so

My most prized possesion is a bracelet of binding given to me by a friend who no longer plays ... Now that just seems really silly to you doesnt it because its not on the rare list

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You place more value on certain items because you feel they should have more value doesnt matter if its rare or not or even what the majority feels the value is ... Everyone has something they are proud of and find priceless its very selfish to say the items you think are more valuable are because you say so

My most prized possesion is a bracelet of binding given to me by a friend who no longer plays ... Now that just seems really silly to you doesnt it because its not on the rare list
Sigh, please don't attempt to think for me. I would imagine that you think that I value "rares" because I mentioned them in another posting while you could be no more incorrect. I have a few simply due to luck and nothing more but I place no more value on them than I do another silly item given out over the years. I do value a leather cap I crafted in 1999 simply because I lost the account I sewed it with. Yet what I really value is the friends I have made in game, some of whom I still talk to and many more who have moved on to other pastures.

Please do not attempt, for another second, to "think" for me. The postings you have made in this thread have left me far from trusting of your opions and motivations. Others whom I might not agree yet I know they have the game as thier best intrest(Kelmo and Petra are twocgreat examples) you, I suspect, are rotten. Nothiing would surprise me more than to hear that certain posters were lucky and transfered items from the effected shard and managed to profit far beyond the rest of us....

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Considering that the black-holed transfer characters are being restored - there is no reason to take away everything from everyone on the other 26 shards. Again - there is no justifiable reason to revert all shards - and never was.
This is assuming that they will infact be able to restore them all. Furthermore, there will be no way to restore items that were Xshard traded... none. People will be left at the mercy of some other player... some of which will be honest. Alas, I would wager most will not be.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sigh, please don't attempt to think for me. I would imagine that you think that I value "rares" because I mentioned them in another posting while you could be no more incorrect. I have a few simply due to luck and nothing more but I place no more value on them than I do another silly item given out over the years. I do value a leather cap I crafted in 1999 simply because I lost the account I sewed it with. Yet what I really value is the friends I have made in game, some of whom I still talk to and many more who have moved on to other pastures.

Please do not attempt, for another second, to "think" for me. The postings you have made in this thread have left me far from trusting of your opions and motivations. Others whom I might not agree yet I know they have the game as thier best intrest(Kelmo and Petra are twocgreat examples) you, I suspect, are rotten. Nothiing would surprise me more than to hear that certain posters were lucky and transfered items from the effected shard and managed to profit far beyond the rest of us....
Your post speak for themselves ... I dont need to think for you its typed from your own fingers

And you call me into question for sharing the exact same opinion and reasons as others yet I am rotten for having them ?

Last edited:

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hold on in there people who are waiting for chars to be restored, just received this email:

Thank you for your petition XXXXXXX. Your issue has been escalated to the next level so it can be addressed properly. It may take some time for your issue to be addressed, so we ask that you be patient with us. We will address your issue as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you may want to review our Knowledge Base at https://help.ea.com/ Our Knowledge Base is consistently updated to ensure that you can reference it for even the most recent issues. Thank you for your cooperation. Please take care.

Mythic Customer Support
Mythic, A Division of EA

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hold on in there people who are waiting for chars to be restored, just received this email:

Thank you for your petition XXXXXXX. Your issue has been escalated to the next level so it can be addressed properly. It may take some time for your issue to be addressed, so we ask that you be patient with us. We will address your issue as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you may want to review our Knowledge Base at https://help.ea.com/ Our Knowledge Base is consistently updated to ensure that you can reference it for even the most recent issues. Thank you for your cooperation. Please take care.

Mythic Customer Support
Mythic, A Division of EA
Okay, its not funny, but, but I do find myself wanting to laugh. For all the things that have changed over the last thirteen years, somethings have not changed at all.

T

Tazar

This is assuming that they will infact be able to restore them all. Furthermore, there will be no way to restore items that were Xshard traded... none. People will be left at the mercy of some other player... some of which will be honest. Alas, I would wager most will not be.
That's the risk with X-shard trading... someone has to give first and risk not getting their item on the other shard.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Mythic Customer Support
Mythic, A Division of EA
Exact email I got as well.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

WOW you post this at 1:05pm

And then at 1:23pm (not even 20min later you post this.

OMG You got your stuff back at you are still ranting and raving. I bet you could have been the first person to get thier stuff and you would still be here screaming your head off.
Actions speak louder than words ever could and people are busy trying to get everybodies stuff back, give it a rest.

Ellistan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too want to report a positive paging experience. It took approximately 20 minutes last evening to get a response from a very patient GM. I couldn't figure out how to chat and the GM offered to appear in person just as I worked it out. I also got the escalated, check e-mail response exactly worded as previously posted. It was accompanied by a pretty darned sincere seeming, non-rote apology. I only lost a couple vet rewards but hopefully the outcome will be positive... time will tell. Thank you to GM Kengath for being prompt, patient, understanding, well spoken and pleasant. Exactly the opposite of my expectations. You are a credit to your team.

As to the devs, I share the opinion of those who think the silence is unwise, and borders on unreasonably bad customer service. I am positive they're all working hard, but the player base deserves more than a "canned response". Everything in this thread is hearsay as far as I am concerned. Good and bad. The devs need to tell us they're working on the problems... not Petra (sorry Petra). At the very least, confirm the backups have been tested the last two days and are working properly, without corruption. I'd like to play again. I'm also sure some folk would like to hear, "No other shards will be reverted." There are any number of brief updates that would be a huge relief. I don't think the devs are responsible for this happening, but I do think they should do a better job of communicating what is happening now, or be allowed to do so.

I'd also like to parrot the call for an in game "mea culpa" recompense instead of a month of game time. A month of fees is trivial. Something that would take me a couple weeks to get in game would be better. I know the game owes us nothing (heck it got me a wife... we're square)... we agreed to the TOS... blah blah shut up already. Whether or not the contract covers it, they have to keep their customers happy, and it seems pretty clear the current material apology doesn't cover it. Toss the Atlanteans and cross sharders affected some tokens or something a bit more significant. Costs Mythic nearly nothing and the players who "just" lost two weeks of stuff will be happier (The aforementioned wife and I hadn't played much in a year or so. Just got back into it seriously about.... guess... yeah, two weeks ago).

Anyway, mainly wanted to give props to a deserving GM. The rest is just my two coppers.

Happy holidays everyone.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting. How did the skill loss work back in the day? I did not know that existed. I know the no skill locks and walking into someone making a camp and get screwed, but not about the rez penalty. How did you avoid getting penalized?
Originally, death presented two options: res with penalties (officially 10% but more like 8 and change), or stay a ghost. To avoid penalties, one needed only choose to stay a ghost, as we know today. A little after the game began, a menu option was added to always choose to stay a ghost. As I said, staying a ghost didn't always work...

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A skill gain compensation could be a 24 hour lasting POWERHOUR in all skills Atlantic only...
The problem could be, well you know what i mean....
There's been so much negativity in this thread -- people demanding that others suffer equally -- and your positive suggestion here is a breath of fresh air. It could be announced in advance, and like power hour, it begins the next time a character is logged in. If people use the opportunity to transfer chars to Atlantic, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.