• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Atlantic Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You lost 2 weeks gametime, they replace with 30 days gametime. A logical business decision regarding time.
30 days of game time doesn't equate or replace the amount of play time that was lost. You can cheerlead all you like, it doesn't add up.

Spiritless

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol @ people advocating a full revert of all shards as a means to fix this. How ridiculous. Who is to say they have a full backup of all shards at the exact same time anyway? They probably don't. Even if they did, it's still dumb.

Anyway, I've said it before but this is yet another incident that highlights the need for proper server-side logging and the ability to return lost items to players where warranted. Blizzard can do it in WoW. This is 2012, not 1997. It's time to modernize the GM tools and logging capabilities so that all items are tracked from their birth until deletion.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THIS is what the devs are doing now. You don't need them to come on here and tell you, you just have to read what's happening now. They ARE completing all lost transfers. There are several more posts like this if you go back through the thread..... They're working flat out and all hours of day and night to fix it.

This and the posts from people saying their transfers have completed is giving me some hope. I don't care about the gold or items or free gametime, just the stuff that holds sentimental value and my char. And when it comes down to it, if i only get my char back, I'll be happy.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyway, I've said it before but this is yet another incident that highlights the need for proper server-side logging and the ability to return lost items to players where warranted. Blizzard can do it in WoW. This is 2012, not 1997. It's time to modernize the GM tools and logging capabilities so that all items are tracked from their birth until deletion.
at least the ability to restore a deleted character with his bank box should be there.
The loot model in WoW and similar games is different, so tracking is much easier.
In UO almost each ring has a unique combo of modifiers, I think in the other games you get a ring with certain fixed properties, on top very often bound to the character, and limited storage. So there is not so much tracking involved, as it would be in UO.
However I agree, account bound items like soulstones, shard shields, personal bless deeds and such should be either recoverable by the player itself if lost somehow (for a soulstone, which is still in the world this could render the existing one disfunctional and create a new one) or with the help of the GM.
Other items should simply not go poof, like guild stones, if a house is crashing. That it could be different, shows the fact, that items redeed if you controlled demolish a house with add-ons in it.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that the team needs to tell us more, even if it's brief, about what they are doing to rectify things. "We are, where appropriate, attempting to restore what's reasonably restore-able, in particular transfers and the like, on a case-by-case basis. It's all we can do."

Why do I think they should take some time away from doing good to tell us that they are doing good?

Simple, really. Because I think it's good for us to actually know when they are doing something good.

Call me crazy but I'd rather get a balanced view of them, and getting a balanced view includes my knowing what they are doing right, or are reasonably trying to do right. Humility is a Virtue, but so is Honesty, and in this instance as far as I'm concerned Honesty in-part means "hey....This is what we're doing to fix what we can fix."

-Galen's player

Adam

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's great to hear that people are starting to have their lost characters restored, personally I'm taking a small break from the game until things settle down a bit. I purchased the High Seas expansion on the 7th and spent many many hours doing fishing quests and gaining skill, all of which along with my first Atl property are no more. Sure, I can replace items I had bought during this time, I can contact a GM to restore the Britannian ship I purchased, I may even find another waterside tower to moor it beside, but I can't replace the free time I have now wasted on this game.

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
30 days of game time doesn't equate or replace the amount of play time that was lost. You can cheerlead all you like, it doesn't add up.
I agree.

BTW, if anyone doubts the losses of others...merry x mas Scrooges. While you are contemplating who lost what and if I lost anything, feel free to peruse the Wayfarer's Rest in Mag Tram. Back in April I packed away most of the rares I had within (selling a few others to those I knew would really enjoy them), essentially 4+ years of my favvy items from doing EM events. That stuff that was packed away and locked down....gone. If any of you recall what was in the house before, you will have some idea of what was lost.

Personally, I just give up. I once lost 2 billion worth of stuff due to another player's conn, and that was enough to crawl back from. 3-5 billion worth this time? I don't have the energy to try again.

How many 30 day gametime codes could a person buy for 3-5 billion?

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cost of wasted game time. Like fireworks that suck. Once the fuse is lit there is no refunds. Here is your smoke snake.

Items that are account or character locked being returned. During the age of the forced blessed or insured items staying on corpse. Para ganking glitch bug. My archers PBD was lost when his bow didn't do that blessed thing. My long wait for a GM ended quickly when the GM said, "What you lost dieing the other players they get to keep." I reinformed the item was PBD protected and the GM repeted. Then did that GM drift off "sorry for you loss/have a good night/page if you have any further problems or use the bug report" disconnect.

This revert and GMs. Asking a GM to help is like asking the guy that changes your cars oil if they can get the fender dent out also. When car is gotten to by a bodyman for the dent. All the screaming cursing and foot stomping wont get the dent out faster. When your told it can't be repaired and needs to be replaced is the way it is. Salt in wound the extra time and cost to get it painted the same color as the car.

Any vet player still surprised by the nature of UO I have this to say also. There is no Santa Claus. Don't put all your eggs in the same basket. At hard times stare up into the sky and realize how small are we all. Last in the mind of a bug the world also revolves around it till........ BUTT -> MIND -> WINDSHIELD.

I agree if my losses was great I would wipe my CC info. No bodyman in a world of dings and dents stays employed for crappy work after "Word of Mouth" gets around. Reminds me of how the "Word of Mouth" recruitment is going. Maybe a big sign, "Pixeling sinse 1998"

Tis the season for Doomsayers. Grinch at heart, so I love to complain about what I love.

Last edited:

Rya.II

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
well Galen, they are telling us very clearly what they are doing...I just got an email response to my two ticket from both my accounts who were affected.
Lost both my houses, millions of gold, all the holiday gifts I was cross-shard trading incl. old holiday gifts, a complete char with mythic token, green soulstone, lots of hours decorating and all the stuff I used...etc.

And the answer I get is "We are very sorry but can't help you"...
Because I didnt transfer from another shard, because I traded crosshard, because I traded the mythic token and some vet reward for other stuff on other shards incl. old holiday stuff and siege stuff, because I made a new char, because I placed both my houses in dreamspots within the last 10 days (big Thank you to TRACKER who managed to place one spot again with the old house back on it and decaying and handing me over my old/new house)....
because because because...

I am happy for those who got and will get their stuff back which is lost during the transfer but I think all other people playing atlantic and losing lots of stuff and time deserve some dedication to get some lost stuff back too!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
were u sign up for the freebie game time....[i lost something too]...do u just page the GMs...its kinda pointless expecting them to actually turn up...but will the complaint lodge be enough???

Last edited:

Rya.II

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
You still had the hours of fun playing, so the time isn't actually wasted.
Would you say that to a person who got his collection at home trashed by someone too?
Well you had the fun collecting it all...so whats the problem start collecting it again...
Sisyphus here I come!

Please stop trying to talk this down or negating peoples loss and anger.
Its a hobby - generated by pixels but that doesnt mean it worth less.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You still had the hours of fun playing, so the time isn't actually wasted.
Exactly, I had fun playing the game with friends, I will continue that path. At the end of the day it's a game, and should be viewed as such. I lost keys, I lost an exodus scroll, I lost several Artie's, but I can always play them back into my characters. I did loose skill, and had to re juggle my skill sets back to where I had them, but such is life. I have to look for my 120 tactics PS yet again, but then the hunt to find things via monster, or vender is the fun I seek.

This revert has happened, it's not going to magically change to compensate for your loss. The greatest test of character is standing back up when you've been knocked down, dusting yourself off and yelling bring it!!

To those of you that lost, I am sorry for the loss. There are many here on Atlantic ready and willing to help, and some willing to profit from your pain as well. Take a step back, log off for a day, give it time to settle. Then come back and begin to rebuild with the help of those willing to lend a hand.

For those that lost transfers, they are working to fix that, you simply need to provide the info and wait.

Anyway, go play the game!!! Sitting here is not helping your position!! ;)

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well Galen, they are telling us very clearly what they are doing...I just got an email response to my two ticket from both my accounts who were affected.
Lost both my houses, millions of gold, all the holiday gifts I was cross-shard trading incl. old holiday gifts, a complete char with mythic token, green soulstone, lots of hours decorating and all the stuff I used...etc.

Because I didnt transfer from another shard, because I traded crosshard, because I traded the mythic token and some vet reward for other stuff on other shards incl. old holiday stuff and siege stuff, because I made a new char, because I placed both my houses in dreamspots within the last 10 days (big Thank you to TRACKER who managed to place one spot again with the old house back on it and decaying and handing me over my old/new house)....

I am happy for those who got and will get their stuff back which is lost during the transfer but I think all other people playing atlantic and losing lots of stuff and time deserve some dedication to get some lost stuff back too!

This is why a total revert was the correct thing to do. We all know that a situation like this has occured to the poster and others but the loss of 12 days of game play is far more important than stepping up and doing the right thing for everyone. What a joke some people are, you should be ashamed.

Mr. Honorable, you are currently being ignored. You can continue to troll me as you see fit to do so but I am tired of playing.

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I lost a char that transfered. I've paged a GM SEVERAL times now since right after the revert asking for help to locate it. I've emailed the DEV team. Guess what? I still haven't heard 1 single word back for in-game paging or email. My in game paging says the blah blah next GM will assist you message then it sits there for hours doing nothing. So personally, I call BS on people saying they've had chars restored.

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im in the same position as you S_S, after serveral pages I'm still waiting for ONE response. I dont have time to sit with a char logged in all day in the hope I get a live response so was hoping for at least an email to say they tried to contact me... I keep logging in with the account that my Char was deleted from on both the home shard and Atlantic in a hope they will apear.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why a total revert was the correct thing to do. We all know that a situation like this has occured to the poster and others but the loss of 12 days of game play is far more important than stepping up and doing the right thing for everyone. What a joke some people are, you should be ashamed.
And alot more people could lose billions of gold , homes and chars within those 12 days due to a total revert so you should really think about what you`re saying ... You say oh its just 12 days well go look on the trade or rare forums and see what kind of money and items can come from just 12 days ...

But everyone should be ashamed because we are trying to protect a lot more people from being forced to lose as those who have lost in and goin to Atlantic ...

Please explain to me why much more people should suffer a loss

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
THIS is what the devs are doing now. You don't need them to come on here and tell you, you just have to read what's happening now. They ARE completing all lost transfers. There are several more posts like this if you go back through the thread. Why are they not posting? I don't know, I'm not a mind reader, but perhaps this.

might have something to do with it?
as for

You lost 2 weeks gametime, they replace with 30 days gametime. A logical business decision regarding time.
The devs didn't cause this problem. They're working flat out and all hours of day and night to fix it. Lighten up on them, they don't deserve the abuse.

Nearly 48 hours without a word though is disgraceful. Yes, UO is run on a skeleton dev team, but other MMOs at least issue updates, even if they've nothing concrete to give. Even other EA MMOs. People say legal have to approve things, maybe they do, but surely they'd also have to vet those other communications by other EA MMOs too? Which still get issued.

Last edited:

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If you cross sharded the people you traded with then still have the items they should have given to you get them to give them back, if they are not willing they are the problem not the revert, Houses - if you placed in a location that was vacan they will againbecome vacant - replace them. I am sorry you lost training time, but that is all you should have lost. Contact the persone you cross sharded with before and have them give you what you traded for.

If they dont - well i am sorry again.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I lost a char that transfered. I've paged a GM SEVERAL times now since right after the revert asking for help to locate it. I've emailed the DEV team. Guess what? I still haven't heard 1 single word back for in-game paging or email. My in game paging says the blah blah next GM will assist you message then it sits there for hours doing nothing. So personally, I call BS on people saying they've had chars restored.
I have placed 2 GM request and both have said see my email as it has been elevated, you are either to impatient to wait or .....

Be patient they no there are errors and they are working to fix them, do not overinflate the issue

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you cross sharded the people you traded with then still have the items they should have given to you get them to give them back, if they are not willing they are the problem not the revert, Houses - if you placed in a location that was vacan they will againbecome vacant - replace them. I am sorry you lost training time, but that is all you should have lost. Contact the persone you cross sharded with before and have them give you what you traded for.

If they dont - well i am sorry again.
Not bad points. But not all cross shard trades are prearranged. May not be possible for him to find some/all of his trade contacts again.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nearly 48 hours without a word though is disgraceful. Yes, UO is run on a skeleton dev team, but other MMOs at least issue updates, even if they've nothing concrete to give. Even other EA MMOs. People say legal have to approve things, maybe they do, but surely they'd also have to vet those other communications by other EA MMOs too? Which still get issued.

What word are you looking for ? a new update on the splash page - get over it. if oyu have placed a GM request you need to be PATIENT and WAIT for the response that is simple.

Be Patient People!!

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PATIENT?? My acct has been logged in constantly since the damn revert and been in the paging line and I haven't been answered even once. I've only logged out due to server going down on my home shard and that's it.... how much MORE freaking patience do I need to show?

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here: and I bet at the end of today I'll still be standing there with an unanswered page request.
Capture.JPG

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What word are you looking for ? a new update on the splash page - get over it. if oyu have placed a GM request you need to be PATIENT and WAIT for the response that is simple.

Be Patient People!!
No, I've not paged and I won't. This mess only caused me minor losses, I find the total lack of communication to the other players a far bigger issue though. If you think it's fine, then good for you, but I'm sure you'd not accept this from other aspects of your home and professional life. Or maybe you would. Not many would though.

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vor... IT'S A GAME. Comparing it to personal or professional life is ridiculous!! But if you want to go there, when was the last time the IRS called you personally to explain the changes in tax code and why you will pay more money this year?

Wein is right, give it some time...

Also, if your account is on a pay by game time code status, good luck in getting a reply quickly, I have one such account that has GM idle status with no email about the request being answered

T

Tazar

As to e-mails - be sure to check the junk-mail/spam folder - some GM replies have gone there from what I am hearing.

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vor... IT'S A GAME. Comparing it to personal or professional life is ridiculous!! But if you want to go there, when was the last time the IRS called you personally to explain the changes in tax code and why you will pay more money this year?

Wein is right, give it some time...

Also, if your account is on a pay by game time code status, good luck in getting a reply quickly, I have one such account that has GM idle status with no email about the request being answered

It's a game, yes, the service of which is provided by a for profit company. Same as your internet, your TV, your phone are provided by a for profit company.

I'm not saying they should go into detail.. but 48 hours is very lax for no contact AT ALL, when compared to even the same industry. UO isn't run by a tiny indie company.

No, HM Revenue and Customs have never called me about a changed tax code. But this isn't comparable to that. This is more akin, in your analogy, to them overcharging me and sending a letter to explain the rebate (which I'm sure would take ages :)), or you paid too less and they want it (which they'd do ASAP! :)). Which, while never happened to me personally, has to people I know.

Like I said, it doesn't personally cause me any bother. I've lost some stuff I farmed and sold, but I've left Atlantic and said good riddance to it with the char I had moved there to set up for a full account move, and won't be going back. Just there are many people out there who are very angry, some words might calm them down.

Last edited:

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[quote=" I've left Atlantic and said good riddance to it with the char I had moved there to set up for a full account move, and won't be going back. Just there are many people out there who are very angry, some words might calm them down.[/quote]

Ok ;). See ya at the next EM Event

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As to e-mails - be sure to check the junk-mail/spam folder - some GM replies have gone there from what I am hearing.
Done that. On one account (CC pay monthly) got the email within minutes, other account (store purchased game time codes) not a peep after three GM pages. So I'm marking it off to service to long term accounts paid by credit cards, everyone else we will get to you when we have time.. :)

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My character transfer hasn't been restored. How can they restore a transfer when I had a roster full of characters due to the revert? Are they going to arbitrarily delete one of my characters? I had to delete a character to make room for the transfer.

Also this is such a huge mess I shouldn't have to page a GM. I've emailed Mesanna with no response.

The lack of response and communication about what is being done, if anything (and to me it sounds like nothing is being done), is inexcusable.

Some people have been seriously wronged and there has been zero comment amount about it. Enough about patience and legality. Time for someone to do the right thing since it wan't d0ne the very first day (total revert of all shards) and tell players who've lost big what's going on.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly, I had fun playing the game with friends, I will continue that path. At the end of the day it's a game, and should be viewed as such.
Don't place or try to force on others. If that is the way you feel, then I am happy for you. But, that is the way YOU feel.

I spent 3 days farming keys, 2-3 hours each morning mining and that is just the start of what I've lost. Yes, the person who transfer stuff from another shard that tagged along with got her stuff. For which I am grateful. But, it doesn't change the time and effort wasted. And yes, I consider them wasted hours/days.

Again, I am glad you feel that way, but I do not and please stop trying to impose or trying to tell me how I should feel.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And alot more people could lose billions of gold , homes and chars within those 12 days due to a total revert so you should really think about what you`re saying ... You say oh its just 12 days well go look on the trade or rare forums and see what kind of money and items can come from just 12 days ...

But everyone should be ashamed because we are trying to protect a lot more people from being forced to lose as those who have lost in and goin to Atlantic ...

Please explain to me why much more people should suffer a loss
A total revert. Nobody looses anything. Only thing that goes on is beating your head against the RNG wall again if you got a lucky drop the last two weeks. Ilinformed players that got ripped off not knowing what the patch covered are good. Only money loss is by those that ripped off the unknowning. Your account age wont be backed up. Thats two free weeks of gaming knowledge.

Glass of water and ice cubes does not overfill when it melts Al Gore. What is there will still be there two weeks back. What can be had is there to be had again. Sure would hate an IDOC not happening again because someone paid some money. Nobody is at a loss on a total revert. One thing the TOS will ever need to support is lazy players. A total revert means the team doesn't need to deal with this BS during the holidays. What the hell you going to loose over the past two weeks that can be done again that is greater then that?

Total revert. And only payback is vet rewards for those that got shields and money back for those that have shard transfer tokens. If EA takes a loss on shard transfer token payback. They might have to admit that there is duping going on. Then shut down shard transfers forever. Nothing good ever really came of them that overshadows all the bad. Shard transfers like Soulstones in the long run was no way to make EA money. Having a garden of soulstones allowed for less accounts to do what you wanted. Bouncing back and forth few times a year and with vet shields for free. No need for another account for a house on another shard. Bad shard economies being able to stain other shards through transfers. Not like gold sales sites shifting gold from one shard to another bought transfer tokens. They used dupes and sold them less then their gold to dollar exchange rate. Selling free things makes a profit. Event items and shard history has no place on other shards. Just made the EM job harder with cross sharders there grubbing. Still want to get items from shard to shard. Fine. Sell a token that the EMs get half the profits from. When they aren't entertaining they can earn their halfs transfering items. No more shard to shard swaps rippoffs happening. No more mass botted items crossing when the EMs have final control over abuse. No more EM event items littering another EMs shards shelves without permission.

Last edited:
T

Tazar

My character transfer hasn't been restored. How can they restore a transfer when I had a roster full of characters due to the revert? Are they going to arbitrarily delete one of my characters? I had to delete a character to make room for the transfer.

Also this is such a huge mess I shouldn't have to page a GM. I've emailed Mesanna with no response.

The lack of response and communication about what is being done, if anything (and to me it sounds like nothing is being done), is inexcusable.

Some people have been seriously wronged and there has been zero comment amount about it. Enough about patience and legality. Time for someone to do the right thing since it wan't d0ne the very first day (total revert of all shards) and tell players who've lost big what's going on.
So... you know that there is a character that could come on in through the transfer except that the character that you deleted before is there blocking it? Sounds like you need to delete that character again so that there will be room.

As to e-mailing Mesanna - seriously? Given the situation - do you really think she has time to deal one-on-one with every person having an issue? That's what the GM's are for. Given the folk above having quite a bit of success getting their issue resolved - if I were you - I'd delete the character you deleted before and then page a GM. If not - well... as the old saying goes... you can't help someone who won't help themselves...

Reverting the shards is not the answer.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Translation : My time and items are greater then yours so let me take from you so I can get some of mine back ... Oh you dont want to part with your shinies to get me my shinies back you are so selfish to want to hold on to your things when I value my thing so much greater then yours ... I say you should give up your stuff and thats all you need to know ... There is no doubt in my head that I lost more time , money , chars and items then you would lose on a 12 day revert of all shards but even if you would it doesnt matter cuz I want my stuff back !

Now please stop being selfish and do the right thing because it hurts very bad to lose stuff and I would like everyone to know how it feels !

Last edited:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A total revert. Nobody looses anything. Only thing that goes on is beating your head against the RNG wall again if you got a lucky drop the last two weeks. Ilinformed players that got ripped off not knowing what the patch covered are good. Only money loss is by those that ripped off the unknowning. Your account age wont be backed up. Thats two free weeks of gaming knowledge.

Glass of water and ice cubes does not overfill when it melts Al Gore. What is there will still be there two weeks back. What can be had is there to be had again. Sure would hate an IDOC not happening again because someone paid some money. Nobody is at a loss on a total revert. One thing the TOS will ever need to support is lazy players. A total revert means the team doesn't need to deal with this BS during the holidays. What the hell you going to loose over the past two weeks that can be done again that is greater then that?

Total revert. And only payback is vet rewards for those that got shields and money back for those that have shard transfer tokens. If EA takes a loss on shard transfer token payback. They might have to admit that there is duping going on. Then shut down shard transfers forever. Nothing good ever really came of them that overshadows all the bad. Shard transfers like Soulstones in the long run was no way to make EA money. Having a garden of soulstones allowed for less accounts to do what you wanted. Bouncing back and forth few times a year and with vet shields for free. No need for another account for a house on another shard. Bad shard economies being able to stain other shards through transfers. Not like gold sales sites shifting gold from one shard to another bought transfer tokens. They used dupes and sold them less then their gold to dollar exchange rate. Selling free things makes a profit. Event items and shard history has no place on other shards. Just made the EM job harder with cross sharders there grubbing.
Do you not understand there were many homes placed , many items that were aquired in those 12 days that people sold for billions , pets tamed , chars trained and so forth and those numbers are far greater then what was lost here ... Why make more people lose ?!?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tames are still there. Land is still there. Items and gold can be exchanged again.

The team not given the easy out during the holidays? Put on you big boy pants and do the work again. Noones happiness overrides the few that might not recover their losses. I don't want to find out 5 more days later they figure out what was the right thing to do. And then they do it. That will be an insult to palyers game time.

Last edited:

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So... you know that there is a character that could come on in through the transfer except that the character that you deleted before is there blocking it? Sounds like you need to delete that character again so that there will be room.
You think I and everyone else in the same situation hasn’t already done that? That’s a brilliant suggestion…Gee why didn’t I think of that.

As to e-mailing Mesanna - seriously? Given the situation - do you really think she has time to deal one-on-one with every person having an issue? That's what the GM's are for. Given the folk above having quite a bit of success getting their issue resolved - if I were you - I'd delete the character you deleted before and then page a GM. If not - well... as the old saying goes... you can't help someone who won't help themselves...
Right now players should be Mesanna's focus and with a blunder of this magnitude and given how it was handled improperly from the beginning your damn right I expect a response and feedback about what’s going on and clarification about what I need to do, if anything, to see that my transfer gets restored.

Where is the official response as to the process players need to go through to see about getting transferred restored. If you haven’t read the thread there are two players above Hardy and S_S who have been paging for over 24 hours without a response. They shouln’t have to page.

Reverting the shards is not the answer.
Reverting the ALL the shards was the right answer on day 1.

Last edited:
T

Tazar

2 above have paged with no luck - but we all know there are issues with the GM paging system and have been for years... you said yourself that you shouldn't have to page a GM - yet it's worked for dozens of others. For Hardy and S_S, I'd recommend cancelling the page and paging again to get a better chance at not ending up in the GM Black Hole.

And no - Reverting all shards was never the answer... too much happened on 26 other shards during those days from EM events to home placement/purchase, moves, skill gains, special items obtained, game codes used and vet rewards used, etc. You'd only create a much much worse issue for the the GM's to unravel.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tames are still there. Land is still there. Items and gold can be exchanged again.

The team not given the easy out during the holidays? Put on you big boy pants and do the work again. Noones happiness overrides the few that might not recover their losses. I don't want to find out 5 more days later they figure out what was the right thing to do. And then they do it. That will be an insult to palyers game time.
And your happiness doesnt mean everyone else should lose ...
Everything that was lost can be recovered as you are pointing out others can work again on what they have lost ... Difference is you can have 5000 people working on recovering their loss for a valid reason or you can have 100,000 people working on recovering their loss all because you want to cry about what you lost and cost others because of it

Want the team to have an easy out then stop crying let them do their job and give them time to fix things

Last edited:

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I've been effected somewhat with the rollback.. reverting all the shards is a stupid idea. Making everyone loose out becuase some did on Atlantic is just absurd, I hope to hell those of you that want that will never go into politics thats all I can say...

Just 'cos a few people lost out due to a backup error dosnt mean everyone should suffer for it. For those who have transfered... there are transfer logs on your computer that can be used to retrieve the items/gold. I dont remember if that would apply to characters or not but the characters are still in the database somewhere. For those who havent transfered.... you'll just have to work at it all again (I know you dont want to hear that, sorry).

If they ever revert all the shards becuase some people are moaning about the Atlantic revert.. that would be the end of my time in UO and the loss of several subscriptions.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You think I and everyone else in the same situation hasn’t already done that? That’s a brilliant suggestion…Gee why didn’t I think of that.

Right now players should be Mesanna's focus and with a blunder of this magnitude and given how it was handled improperly from the beginning your damn right I expect a response and feedback about what’s going on and clarification about what I need to do, if anything, to see that my transfer gets restored.

Where is the official response as to the process players need to go through to see about getting transferred restored. If you haven’t read the thread there are two players above Hardy and S_S who have been paging for over 24 hours without a response. They shouln’t have to page.

Reverting the ALL the shards was the right answer on day 1.
Corrected : I feel the reverting all the shards from day one was the right answer

Sorry but that is not the right answer but I do feel for all who have lost but to attempt to pass the frustration on to others as well is just ......

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And no - Reverting all shards was never the answer... too much happened on 26 other shards during those days from EM events to home placement/purchase, moves, skill gains, special items obtained, game codes used and vet rewards used, etc. You'd only create a much much worse issue for the the GM's to unravel.
The only reason I can see for reverting all the shards is because of anything that might have been dupped because of the Atlantic revert (ie- stuff transferred off Atlantic after Dec 5th). If a high amount of traffic off Atlantic or if there was a high about of already dupped stuff (like pinks), then I could see reasoning for it. Because they can't go and delete the already moved stuff or the dupped stuff that is back on Atlantic now.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I get so confused reading Honorables posts, anyone else confused as to where he stands?

All this talk about full shard wide revert is as pointless as kicking a dead horse. Not gonna happen!!

T

Tazar

The only reason I can see for reverting all the shards is because of anything that might have been dupped because of the Atlantic revert (ie- stuff transferred off Atlantic after Dec 5th). If a high amount of traffic off Atlantic or if there was a high about of already dupped stuff (like pinks), then I could see reasoning for it. Because they can't go and delete the already moved stuff or the dupped stuff that is back on Atlantic now.
I agree that the dupes are not a good thing - and it would be nice if they had locked down access to the shard and deleted the Atlantic side duplicated characters before they brought it back up. However - given the issues the team faced, I can certainly understand their priorities of 1.) Restoring the shard and service as quickly as possible, 2.) working to restore any characters transferring to Atlantic, and 3.) Correcting any vet-reward/codes lost that players paid for. Sometimes with damage control - you have to prioritize taking care of the top tier items and letting the rest go.

The duped items are not game-breaking in my opinion and even though some unfairly profited by them - I still don't think it is a reason to dump all of the events held on 26 shards and the other progress made by the players there.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I get it... But could not decipher your other posts, you kept bouncing around :). That or my mind is slipping, which could be valid as well.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone just drew my attention to Jeff's twitter - apologies for not thinking to check it myself. The names of the players have been removed.

@Jeff_Skalski Hey cool, but how about you guys fix Atlantic. #Unacceptable

17 Dec Jeff Skalski Jeff Skalski ‏@Jeff_Skalski

@*** Yeah, I know it sucks. We tried everything to make it not have to go back as far but unfortunatly we had no choice.

@Jeff_Skalski So 50 mill 5 soulstones and 5 cintures ought to cover my losses. Free game time isn't acceptable unless it's for a year.

Jeff Skalski Jeff Skalski ‏@Jeff_Skalski

@***** We hear you and the other ATL players. I have Mesanna looking into what else we can do above the free GT. My apologies again.

@Jeff_Skalski Please verify that EVERY Atlantic Shard player gets a 30 day credit since we are all affected by this. Thanks. #UltimaOnline
Expand
18 Dec Jeff Skalski Jeff Skalski ‏@Jeff_Skalski

@***** All ATL affectd playrs who lost any progress will b givn 30days free. We'll add that time 2those accounts ovr the coming days.

Status
Not open for further replies.