• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS [UO.Com] Atlantic Rollback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly the track record of the team left me with the belief that a revert was the most effective solution to the problem. I am still concerned with shard traders and those whom managed to transfer off ATL while reaping the benifits of said transfer. I don't play ATL and, like I have said, would have only been hurt by a revert so I am surely not doing this for some gain or perverse pleasure of self inflicted pain.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jeff Skalski Jeff Skalski ‏@Jeff_Skalski

@***** We hear you and the other ATL players. I have Mesanna looking into what else we can do above the free GT. My apologies again
As an Atlantic player i'd rather have another shot at garbs and dread warhorses more than some random free goods.

Code is already there. Players already know it's profitable but have to work for it. Win win imo.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
turn everything on.

EVERYTHING!
travelers, Treasures of Toko, Shadowlords, the old Halloween big ass bone skels, giant turkeys, trick or treat...... EVERYTHING!

thats my idea of a perk!

hell, even turn on the General Invasion, chuck out some of those Yellow Crystal dudes, hell again turn on the Halloween Hag quest for crystals!

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
turn everything on.

EVERYTHING!
travelers, Treasures of Toko, Shadowlords, the old Halloween big ass bone skels, giant turkeys, trick or treat...... EVERYTHING!

thats my idea of a perk!

hell, even turn on the General Invasion, chuck out some of those Yellow Crystal dudes, hell again turn on the Halloween Hag quest for crystals!
Magincia Rubble!! Oh wait those are player houses now... :)

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
turn everything on.

EVERYTHING!

thats my idea of a perk!

You're being compensated monetarily for your time lost. The CS people seem to be (rightly so) going out of their way to restore your stuff. Be reasonable - you're not the only players.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am kinda surprised we didn't get any word at the end of the day today. I wonder if they still have trouble tickets they are working through.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am kinda surprised we didn't get any word at the end of the day today. I wonder if they still have trouble tickets they are working through.
Yes, they do. Mine is still not resolved and i'm sure many others arent either.
I keep hoping my lost char will be returned, but every day that passes makes me think its not gonna happen.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, they do. Mine is still not resolved and i'm sure many others arent either.
I keep hoping my lost char will be returned, but every day that passes makes me think its not gonna happen.
What exactly was your issue Experimental? How exactly was your character lost?

Did you transfer and lose a character and that hasn't been restored? Others I spoke to have had their transfers restored...

For some reason I'm under the impression your wanting a character restored that was created on Atlantic between the 5th and 17th.

Is that right?

If so that's not within the realm of possibily. Hell I lost 4 characters...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading back, if I have understood correctly, he needed to delete a character before he had space to complete the transfer. As you know yourself, that situation takes a little longer to resolve.
I am assuming he now has a free slot into which the character can be placed.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What exactly was your issue Experimental? How exactly was your character lost?

Did you transfer and lose a character and that hasn't been restored? Others I spoke to have had their transfers restored...

For some reason I'm under the impression your wanting a character restored that was created on Atlantic between the 5th and 17th.

Is that right?

If so that's not within the realm of possibily. Hell I lost 4 characters...

I transferred a char from Chessie to Atl on Dec 13 that was a casualty of the revert. He has yet to be restored. This char is at least 8 years old and I can't remember where he was made.. Prior to the transfer, before I even packed my stuff up, I deleted TWO chars on Atl to make room because I wan't sure if i was going to transfer just him or another as well.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reading back, if I have understood correctly, he needed to delete a character before he had space to complete the transfer. As you know yourself, that situation takes a little longer to resolve.
I am assuming he now has a free slot into which the character can be placed.
Yes, I needed to delete a char, but I never mentioned that in my post since I did the deletion prior to even packing up. Another poster mentioned the problem. My deleted chars showed up again and I promply deleted them again before even making a post on stratics.

T

Tazar

I transferred a char from Chessie to Atl on Dec 13 that was a casualty of the revert. He has yet to be restored. This char is at least 8 years old and I can't remember where he was made.. Prior to the transfer, before I even packed my stuff up, I deleted TWO chars on Atl to make room because I wan't sure if i was going to transfer just him or another as well.
If you have not yet - page a GM on it - or e-mail [email protected] with the account name/character name plus the source and destination shards. I spoke with Mesanna and she believes that all characters are there - they just need pushing out of the nest to get to their destination.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I know the Dev team has been busy with the rollback, but did we miss a Q&A session that normally posts this week? I was hoping to hear about the fixes to Pub 80, and what is coming for Pub 81. I'm hoping the pub includes either an update to champ spawns or the adjustments to armor/weapons/materials. It would be nice if we could hear more about the rollback and what happened that caused this problem in the first place.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Obsidian, outside of the revert that is using all their resources ATM, it is the holidays as well. I think maybe we can give them a pass on the Q&A, don't ya think!!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know the Dev team has been busy with the rollback, but did we miss a Q&A session that normally posts this week? I was hoping to hear about the fixes to Pub 80, and what is coming for Pub 81. I'm hoping the pub includes either an update to champ spawns or the adjustments to armor/weapons/materials. It would be nice if we could hear more about the rollback and what happened that caused this problem in the first place.
I cringed when I read Pub 81.

Thanks to the staff who are working on this revert. I certainly did not break even, but I can live with a small loss rather than having them revert everything forcing me to quit.

There is and was no logic to punish everyone for the misfortune (and in some instances fortune) of one shard.

Hope everyone is at least somewhat satisfied with the end result.

Happy Holidays.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just dont get why they are still even trying to defend a total revert still .... If you figure it out please let me know lol
Nobody just you still bringing it up. We who loss the coin toss are glad for those that won. Now if the winners could stop picking at the scab things would heal. I'm sure after you respond your little buddy will give you another sit on my thumb icon. They got lucky and not getting out information to look like heros iwll gert no thumbs up from me.

Sadly the track record of the team left me with the belief that a revert was the most effective solution to the problem. I am still concerned with shard traders and those whom managed to transfer off ATL while reaping the benifits of said transfer. I don't play ATL and, like I have said, would have only been hurt by a revert so I am surely not doing this for some gain or perverse pleasure of self inflicted pain.
I am also not of Atl. Lack of information after the first reported fails to the "Hell Nary" save, a total revert was a fix possibility. Really how long is a good time to not get out any imformation. There is a huge difference between those that have lost to those that don't want to relive 12-15ish days.

Turns out those that have been fixed is a good thing. Till the last is fixed those greedy lazy types don't have a leg to stand on. And even after still be greedy and lazy. Wouldn't buy anything of rarety or extreem drop rate your to impatient to earn yourself. They may go after those that got off atlantic and fix the mess they unloaded. Or just delete their dopleganger on Atl that been unloading things ASAP. Of course they are telling us nothing or how many butterflies stepped on is OK.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody just you still bringing it up. We who loss the coin toss are glad for those that won. Now if the winners could stop picking at the scab things would heal. I'm sure after you respond your little buddy will give you another sit on my thumb icon. They got lucky and not getting out information to look like heros iwll gert no thumbs up from me.

I am also not of Atl. Lack of information after the first reported fails to the "Hell Nary" save, a total revert was a fix possibility. Really how long is a good time to not get out any imformation. There is a huge difference between those that have lost to those that don't want to relive 12-15ish days.

Turns out those that have been fixed is a good thing. Till the last is fixed those greedy lazy types don't have a leg to stand on. And even after still be greedy and lazy. Wouldn't buy anything of rarety or extreem drop rate your to impatient to earn yourself. They may go after those that got off atlantic and fix the mess they unloaded. Or just delete their dopleganger on Atl that been unloading things ASAP. Of course they are telling us nothing or how many butterflies stepped on is OK.
Wow just wow.... There was no coin toss ...Revert was never a logical option ever! Do you not think if it was they would have went there first instead of dealing with all this crap so close to Xmas ...Someone was still bringing up the revert and had you looked at the quote in my post you could have seen that ... You sir cannot just stop crying for the sake of crying ...

People who wanted to keep their stuff are greedy and lazy ? Yet the people who wanted their stuff back are all that is right and just in the world of UO ? Everyone wanted their stuff the people who lost and the people who wanted to hold onto their things ... Why is the people who wanted to keep the stuff they had so bad ? It was all about stuff right ? What makes one side bad and one side good ? Oh wait ya the fact that people wanted to drag other people into their suffering ....

At the end of the day the people standing up for no revert shared the same opinion as the devs and the main man in charge thats it bottom line no coin toss just common sense

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cringed when I read Pub 81.

Thanks to the staff who are working on this revert. I certainly did not break even, but I can live with a small loss rather than having them revert everything forcing me to quit.

There is and was no logic to punish everyone for the misfortune (and in some instances fortune) of one shard.

Hope everyone is at least somewhat satisfied with the end result.

Happy Holidays.
There is one. No thanks to shard transfering.

What did you do in the last 15 days that over rides a revert to a needed fix that failed? I can think of no drop or gathering that I had worth others enjoying loss free play. I'm sure the person that sold me the infested tree will still want to sell it. Unless it came from Atl and they delete any transfered duped to revert items. Then the goldsink for fixing a broken shard was worth it. I'm sure Swoop is still willing to let me earn my gold back.

Did you not check to donar box? Or do you feel you you will be PUNNISHED for not getting to the other side whole?

Year of the Bug Fix Pubs. Still long way off till Sept. Hope to have my values tested a few more times. Call it weeding out the weak.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow just wow.... There was no coin toss ...Revert was never a logical option ever! Do you not think if it was they would have went there first instead of dealing with all this crap so close to Xmas ...Someone was still bringing up the revert and had you looked at the quote in my post you could have seen that ... You sir cannot just stop crying for the sake of crying ...

People who wanted to keep their stuff are greedy and lazy ? Yet the people who wanted their stuff back are all that is right and just in the world of UO ? Everyone wanted their stuff the people who lost and the people who wanted to hold onto their things ... Why is the people who wanted to keep the stuff they had so bad ? It was all about stuff right ? What makes one side bad and one side good ? Oh wait ya the fact that people wanted to drag other people into their suffering ....

At the end of the day the people standing up for no revert shared the same opinion as the devs and the main man in charge thats it bottom line no coin toss just common sense

Right sides. Oh and Wow. Dude. One side had no control. Other side sides with giving up control for the good of the game. Stuff as in pixels or the time you had playing the game? The stuff, not ours anyhoot, is a measure of our time. So which you perfer to improve your time? Head start or tripping up those around you?

I with few others said we would welcome a revert if it be the needed easy fix. You toss in words like "demanding" and think you are better for the arguement. Common sense comes from having all the information. We did not.

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
They would have lost so many ppl if they did a game wide revert. I knew from the beginning that it would never come to pass.

I would assume that most would already know that publishes usually cause some disfunction with the game....... so why did anyone do a xfer in the first place knowing a big publish was being rolled out? I certainly wouldn`t have.

In the future, I`d pay attention to when publishes are being released and not invite problems that could have been easily avoided. Ya in a perfect world,one wouldn`t have to worry about such things, but as you all know...... some of you were just kids when you started playing this game...... its been around awhile and has its flaws. You accept those flaws by logging in everyday and paying your bill every month.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Right sides. Oh and Wow. Dude. One side had no control. Other side sides with giving up control for the good of the game. Stuff as in pixels or the time you had playing the game? The stuff, not ours anyhoot, is a measure of our time. So which you perfer to improve your time? Head start or tripping up those around you?

I with few others said we would welcome a revert if it be the needed easy fix. You toss in words like "demanding" and think you are better for the arguement. Common sense comes from having all the information. We did not.

Sorry but people who can lose 100 billion during a transfer more then likely tripped a few people along the way ...again just common sense ... We are all about the game and the good of the game ? All that wealth that you thought was worth people losing who did not have to lose lets spread some of that around so new players and returning players can get back into the game easier ..Sounds like whats best for the game ... Or how about we all donate rares to a public museum that could be run by EM`s that everyone could have access to instead of being locked up in someones private home ...

I dont claim to be a saint never have but to make people suffer who didnt have to is just crazy ... Again my questions go unanswered ...

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is one. No thanks to shard transfering.

What did you do in the last 15 days that over rides a revert to a needed fix that failed? I can think of no drop or gathering that I had worth others enjoying loss free play. I'm sure the person that sold me the infested tree will still want to sell it. Unless it came from Atl and they delete any transfered duped to revert items. Then the goldsink for fixing a broken shard was worth it. I'm sure Swoop is still willing to let me earn my gold back.

Did you not check to donar box? Or do you feel you you will be PUNNISHED for not getting to the other side whole?

Year of the Bug Fix Pubs. Still long way off till Sept. Hope to have my values tested a few more times. Call it weeding out the weak.

There was no "over ride" as it was never mentioned by the devs. What happened on ATL wasn't a result of other shards nor what they gained in the process. They did not cause the "loss free play".

It isn't the point of what I did alone, it's what everyone did that wasn't on ATL.

As far as the rest, I couldn't really understand the broken english.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have and good thing I don't have a rare bloodtype. 20 years service with overseas time, my blood was considered risky for donation. Hey retired at young age with what could be considered a life just so people like you can keep their **** holster flap flapping. Keep assuming and read between the lines. You'll never be wrong.

And I did make one demand or said they should. And that is get rid of shard transfering. The overflow from this last deal could be worth looking into.
Totally confused by that post but rather then ask you to explain it how about we agree to disagree lets just do it without name calling and then things wont get riled up ...

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry but people who can lose 100 billion during a transfer more then likely tripped a few people along the way ...again just common sense ... We are all about the game and the good of the game ? All that wealth that you thought was worth people losing who did not have to lose lets spread some of that around so new players and returning players can get back into the game easier ..Sounds like whats best for the game ... Or how about we all donate rares to a public museum that could be run by EM`s that everyone could have access to instead of being locked up in someones private home ...

I dont claim to be a saint never have but to make people suffer who didnt have to is just crazy ... Again my questions go unanswered ...
Line would start behind me for a public museum. Just tac an honorable mention to the item on display. I have things startics can only describe and have no pics for. History tells me to put nothing in a castle courtyard I don't want deleted. My museum is of things UO and LS's histroy. Would like to have it secured for permanent display if it would be safe. Have had a container locked down with unmodded Juka Lord Bows from the time of 3rd Dawn. 6 bows came up missing still need a repond for it to be complete again. Sure that is my fault for not even knowing what year they vannished. Other Classic old bug I got my first taste of "sorry suck it up". At one time wooden sunken chest facing east would become unsecure at server up. West walls make a good place to stack up some east facing containers.

Total revert is like falling down. Those afraid to get up even though the ground is still there. They can stay on there belly.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about this: Everybody lets peace in his/her heart now, calms down, embraces even the most rude poster, cheers on the game and the Devs and celebrates Christmas as what it is supposed to be: The time, when peace comes down to earth and all people, PKs and Trammies, Rare-Hunters, IDOCers, X-Sharders, Crafters, Newbies and Vets become brothers and sisters...

:grouphug:

And close this thread now. Its Christmas.

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about this: Everybody lets peace in his/her heart now, calms down, embraces even the most rude poster, cheers on the game and the Devs and celebrates Christmas as what it is supposed to be: The time, when peace comes down to earth and all people, PKs and Trammies, Rare-Hunters, IDOCers, X-Sharders, Crafters, Newbies and Vets become brothers and sisters...

:grouphug:

And close this thread now. Its Christmas.
Speaking of Christmas if I dont get my Furby I am putting in for a revert next year no matter what good happens cuz nothing could compare to Mr. Wiggles

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm POSTER. Not plural. Some see it as another day. Better only because there are less people on the road. Least till the returns and real sales go on.

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Umm can we lock this thread now? It's served it's purpose now it's just become Honorable's personal troll thread.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of Christmas if I dont get my Furby I am putting in for a revert next year no matter what good happens cuz nothing could compare to Mr. Wiggles
See that is funny. Just seen the top ten gifts over the last few decades. The pic for the Furby was one done up to look like Janet Jackson with the wardrobe malfunction.

Last edited:

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My way was supporting a total revert if that is what it took to fix the problem. Your opinion I agree with. Players shouldn't have to suffer if they don't have to. Before they started showing they could fix things then total revert was a possiblity. Not just you replying to my post. Your like buddy was replying also without making general statements on views or facts.

Last edited:

HonorableAdventurer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My way was supporting a total revert if that is what it took to fix the problem. Your opinion I agree with. Players shouldn't have to suffer if they don't have to. Before they started showing they could fix things then total revert was a possiblity. Not just you replying to my post. Your like buddy was replying also without making general statements on views or facts.
I was referring to Gospel ... Its all good in UO land everyone is getting their stuff and people got to keep their stuff ... I am happy for all and the last ones still trying to recover their stuff I hope it is taken care of soon and thats the very last thing I have to say in this thread until my next post :p

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I always thought the start of Trammel housing was worse. Trammel had already been open, so everybody was already logged in, waiting for the primetime race start (not at server-up). It was anticipated to be the worst-ever stress on the servers, so busy subservers telestormed random people to supposedly less-populated subservers. It didn't matter which one for me. Many of us were purely lagged out.

Malas wasn't accessible until an account was upgraded. The trick to upgrading an account to AoS? The same thing with getting Atlantic chars restored: patience. People weren't waiting for the page to load fully. They'd click "Edit account," nothing would happen, so they'd keep reloading the page, putting more strain on the website. I simply waited the few minutes for all the JavaScript to load, upgraded two accounts, and plopped two 18x18s outside Luna.
I don't count anything before UO:R just because during that time down time was an accepted way of life.

Malas was a huge issue because not everyone who pre-ordered got their boxes in time. That's why I put it under the biggest UO history blunder. They opened Malas (and Luna) for housing before people actually got the game. That was just one issue of many, which is why to this day on some characters I get the AOS reward gump. Even after people got their games people couldn't get on. Then when they could they'd instantly crash. Then a few days later they reverted everything by a few days. It was a fiasco. I ended up with 4 18x18s in a square at the trailer park of Malas too, but it was a real pain in the ass. Oh and the fact that Malas is/was a giant trailer park.... The blunder that was Malas goes on and on... bwahahahaha

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Malas was a huge issue because not everyone who pre-ordered got their boxes in time. That's why I put it under the biggest UO history blunder. They opened Malas (and Luna) for housing before people actually got the game. That was just one issue of many, which is why to this day on some characters I get the AOS reward gump.
Oh indeed... The AoS/Malas launch as a massive spaghetti pile of blunders, LS had something like three reverts on the first day alone. (Lost a sweet spot up north, ended up with a 10x16 (IIRC) down in the snake infested desert.) UO was all but unplayable for weeks with all the lag...

Status
Not open for further replies.