• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Official "The Devs broke factions, now fix it!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am one of the lucky ones in that I never designed my suits around faction artifacts, so for me the wipe wasn't bad. However, I can fully understand how people are frustrated with how this patch turned out. If you read Flutter's posts they do a good job of illustrating the problems many are having.

At this point I am at a loss as what to suggest to fix this horribly broken system. There have been decent suggestions put forth, but none that everyone can seem to agree on. As for me, the only reason I joined factions is the ability to attack freely in fel on characters I don't want red, so any system that lets me do that is a good one in my book. As for now all I get from factions is stat loss...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO, the problem with faction arties was that it was implemented to begin with. The biggest resulting issue from that is the use of faction arties by character who never participate in factions or ever leave tram. I believe that this change was to stop that.

Had the decision been mine, I would have opened up factions EVERYWHERE. Fel, Tram, guard zones--- doesn't matter, if you are in factions, an opposing faction can attack you anywhere.

The other idea I have would have been a little harder to implement, but essentially the character would have to participate in the guarding or raiding of towns in order to keep their points/rank active.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMO, the problem with faction arties was that it was implemented to begin with. The biggest resulting issue from that is the use of faction arties by character who never participate in factions or ever leave tram. I believe that this change was to stop that.

Had the decision been mine, I would have opened up factions EVERYWHERE. Fel, Tram, guard zones--- doesn't matter, if you are in factions, an opposing faction can attack you anywhere.

The other idea I have would have been a little harder to implement, but essentially the character would have to participate in the guarding or raiding of towns in order to keep their points/rank active.
To add to this too, factions has been around since 2000 and it's biggest problem then was it was a poor replacement for what we already had (Order/Chaos, which was FAR more fun). Faction artifacts were only introduced near christmas 2008, so they've only really been around about 3.5 years, they did far more damage to pvp and even what little fun was to be had in factions than the few people who were drawn in for the shiny new gear (the majority of which use it for pvm)

not much left about it on stratics, but if you weren't around for order/chaos, here's a small FAQ UO Stratics Reputation FAQ: Chaos and Order Guards
think pretty much "shardwide war" without all the extra unnecessary stuff factions added.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id be lying to you if i didnt say i have a few of my chars set up in the very same way... UNTIL THIS MORNING

keep the faith.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am one of the lucky ones in that I never designed my suits around faction artifacts, so for me the wipe wasn't bad. However, I can fully understand how people are frustrated with how this patch turned out. If you read Flutter's posts they do a good job of illustrating the problems many are having.

At this point I am at a loss as what to suggest to fix this horribly broken system. There have been decent suggestions put forth, but none that everyone can seem to agree on. As for me, the only reason I joined factions is the ability to attack freely in fel on characters I don't want red, so any system that lets me do that is a good one in my book. As for now all I get from factions is stat loss...
Here's a thought (trying to stay positive about this situation). Maybe the wiping of the points and trying to get the ranking system in order again is a prelude to the UO team making a pitch at ex-players who PvP'd but never got into using the faction artifacts to come back and give PvP another go. Maybe the thinking is that more people are likely to come back now, when most everyone's kind of all been knocked back to the starting line, so to speak, rather than trying to get them to come back, see the massive number of kill points everyone piled up over the last couple of years, and decide they don't have any chance at getting anywhere under such a borked system. With imbuing here now, reforging, SA artifacts, champ spawn artifacts, High Seas artifacts, treasure map artifacts, Shame and Wrong loot and likely another dungeon around the corner that maybe offers a method for wiping one of those negative properties off loot, maybe the devs thought there were ample alternatives to faction artifacts for people to get the gear they need.

Maybe they wanted to see how many people would stay in factions for some other reason than just getting cheap gear.

I dunno. With everything else that the team supposedly has on their plates, I have to think there's more to why this was done now than just finally getting around to squashing a set of 3-year-old bugs that were actually benefitting players, rather than harming them.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
OK one interesting thing I noticed is on my home shard one of my characters was listed as the second highest for his faction. Using this site: ORIGIN - Ultima Online - Community

Now I know that hasn't been updated in a while but he still should have been way up there. Now after the reset he is rank 1. I am not sure how he went from #2 in the faction and #4 on the entire shard to rank1 but that is what happened. I am wondering if there were characters that had gone inactive a while ago and were not showing in that list but are now being factored into the ranking. Maybe when those long inactive players fall off the ranking bracket people's rank will go up again?
Not if rank is dependent on the number of points you have. Voodoo Child is me. That character has 1 point. They did NOT scale the number of points people have now by how many points they had BEFORE.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are far more people that NEVER pvp and wear faction artifacts than there are people that DO pvp and wear faction artifacts.

The mages really took a beating on this patch. It's a step in the right direction, but I think maybe rank 7 should allow you to wear all items. Then just give the rank 10 players a special title for their uberness.

Actually...the largest stoneform/protection/hailstorm/cleanse guild on LS & the one on ATL just took a major hit. Forget what I said, leave everything as is!!

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I don't understand is how this change was supposed to make the game more fun. Is salting the earth the strategy to attract new players?

Righty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs have been failing terribly when it comes to PvP lately. We lost a huge number of pvpers because of the exploitation of the bestial suit. During this time I reduced my # of accounts to one, my main account 15 years of gametime. Now, this faction wipe has completely ruined the game experience for almost everyone that participates in factions. The people getting kicked hardest in the nuts are of course the folk who play across multiple shards to try and have fun. We do this cross shard playing because, lets face it, there are FAR FEWER pvpers this year than any years past and it is much easier/enjoyable to pop around between shards and still be able to play casually. Sometimes it is damn near impossible to find even one opposing faction member to fight, let alone get some kill points from (I won't go into the complete stupidness of the faction bugs on siege - no stat loss, no point transfers because in all honesty nobody gives a damn). Lets face it, the end game of UO is pvp. You can only kite a monster with 100,000 hp around for so long and consider it satisfying. The interaction of a thinking humans in pvp is what makes [read: made] this game awesome.

As some friends of mine have recently reminded me, I have played through much worse things in UO. However, you can only kick someone in the balls so many times before he finally says, "Ok you win ro-sham-bo." So it comes to this. After 15 years of p(l)aying, I cancelled my last account today. I told them how I REALLY feel during my exit survey. I hope someone reads it, but I sincerely doubt it. Good luck out there.

SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE FISH

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice reference to Hitchhiker's, sad to see you go. I still remain hopeful they get their act together, it helps that I just came back from a break. UO is the one game with all the potential in the world and it is sad that we get let down so often.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The devs have been failing terribly when it comes to PvP lately. We lost a huge number of pvpers because of the exploitation of the bestial suit. During this time I reduced my # of accounts to one, my main account 15 years of gametime. Now, this faction wipe has completely ruined the game experience for almost everyone that participates in factions. The people getting kicked hardest in the nuts are of course the folk who play across multiple shards to try and have fun. We do this cross shard playing because, lets face it, there are FAR FEWER pvpers this year than any years past and it is much easier/enjoyable to pop around between shards and still be able to play casually. Sometimes it is damn near impossible to find even one opposing faction member to fight, let alone get some kill points from (I won't go into the complete stupidness of the faction bugs on siege - no stat loss, no point transfers because in all honesty nobody gives a damn). Lets face it, the end game of UO is pvp. You can only kite a monster with 100,000 hp around for so long and consider it satisfying. The interaction of a thinking humans in pvp is what makes [read: made] this game awesome.

As some friends of mine have recently reminded me, I have played through much worse things in UO. However, you can only kick someone in the balls so many times before he finally says, "Ok you win ro-sham-bo." So it comes to this. After 15 years of p(l)aying, I cancelled my last account today. I told them how I REALLY feel during my exit survey. I hope someone reads it, but I sincerely doubt it. Good luck out there.

Sadly I think this is where I'm headed too.
I really don't want to quit, but I really don't have the desire to resuit all my characters either. I just want to play UO. It's not a job, it's a game.

S

SugarSmacks

All the people cheering for the destruction of factions so they can get some kind of tactical advantage by it is more than pathetic.

No competent person would ever want to win over their opponent by such means.

Righty i feel for you and i think im just a few months behind you as i consolidate accounts now down to one myself.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(I won't go into the complete stupidness of the faction bugs on siege - no stat loss, no point transfers because in all honesty nobody gives a damn)
you forgot my personal favorite faction bug on siege
-Minax being unable to place faction vendors while controlling a city (MIN can't get horses since when another faction captures and places their horse vendor, we can NEVER replace ours, we have 0 left)

I'm essentially gone myself as well, not due to this (I honestly think the IDEA in fixing this was right, but the implementation could have used some work, and as I've vocally said many times before I'd rather see factions wiped and order/chaos turned back on, faction artys are a gamebreaker, especially on siege where the advantage of a super cheap artafact is absolutely insane) but due to all the other grind added recently, was keeping my castle-holding account active by buying GTC with gold but that'll run out soon and i'm outta gold :D (pop is just too low to sustain the gold for GTC without going full time pvm grind....probably IDOC the castle when the time comes to remove any remaining temptation to save it in 3 months)

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All the people cheering for the destruction of factions so they can get some kind of tactical advantage by it is more than pathetic.

Righty i feel for you and i think im just a few months behind you as i consolidate accounts now down to one myself.
This is coming from a guy who's only factioner was/is a rez killing archer with spirit speak/detect hidden. LOL

Kraz, you keep telling us you're quitting (ever since you realized you can't cure level 5 poison with a healing stone). Why wait? Just leave already. No one will miss you, I promise! :danceb:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Aww, Righty. I'm so sorry to read this, but it's all true. You will definitely be missed. I hope that someone who can do something about the situation is reading this thread and that someday things will turn around and you and so many other players will be back. Don't be stupid like I've been a couple of times when I quit and bank what you can so you have something to come back to. I'll save some hedges for you....

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

LMAO. do you even run around fel?

I commend you for your opinion that there is a high degree of chivalry amongst the fel faction player base, however if you truly believe this than i have a bridge to sell you which goes from brooklyn to manhattan. theres presently no toll plaza on it so one can be added which would bring value to your investment.

There are much more pressing things the dev's needed to clamp down on in the area than pvp than this faction wipe.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So I guess it was also foolish of me to hope to get some feedback from the Dev team today on exactly how our rank and points were figured.
I lost points on all of my characters overnight. Soon they will all be at 0 so I'll be spending my limited UO time making non-faction suits so I can play.
Seems to me after playing for so many years one should be able to just log on and play the game and not have to worry so much about such things.
Would be really nice to get some developer feedback and a little less board warrior type posts about this from the ego gallery.
Is this the dev's vision of how Ultima Online factions should be?

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pros
1) The ability to fight without having to worry about being red/blue.
2) Horses I guess. *Rarely use*

Con
Stat loss.

Well thats it for me, never used the arties. The Con outweighs the Pros, but I will still faction for now until the only option will be to go red. I sense it may come soon.

A

archite666

Can someone tell me how to get rank 10 now?

I seriously have to run in a gank squad as tamer now or what?

Why do the pvp gods get the best gear?!?

Someone explain why it makes sense that the better you are, the better gear you get, the better you are, the better gear you get ect.

THE IDEA OF COMPETITIVE FACTION RANKS IS FLAWED BEYOND BELIEF.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Can someone tell me how to get rank 10 now?

I seriously have to run in a gank squad as tamer now or what?

Why do the pvp gods get the best gear?!?

Someone explain why it makes sense that the better you are, the better gear you get, the better you are, the better gear you get ect.

THE IDEA OF COMPETITIVE FACTION RANKS IS FLAWED BEYOND BELIEF.
Rank 10 is only available to a couple of people per faction per shard now. The more people in your faction with rank the more people that will be allowed to have rank 10.

A

archite666

Oh cool, so we should all join 1 faction, oh wait that wont work!

This whole system is insane. I am getting really frustrated just looking at all my characters, whom are now lower ranked than they were yesterday. I guess I can slowly watch all my gear fall off.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure I'll get trolled, but, I'm kind of glad about this change. I was in factions before these artifacts and will continue to be in factions even if my rank is 0. Will be nice not being killed by my own faction now.

Suits never were a big issue when faction artifacts weren't in the picture.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edited, nm i see that most people lost rank 10.

Honestly, its changed to what it was originally intended to be, but it does suck if you were dependent on the items. Happy i never made myself fully dependent on faction gear.
As usual a change that IS good come sooooo late that the improperly working system has become an integral element of game play. :p

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Saint i can go down to 1 account and still dominate any character you can make with multiple accounts.

Why do you even bother to troll me when your by far so inferior to avoid any possible 1v1 fight in front of a group of people? It sure makes you look pretty stupid to even bother to attempt to talk smack to someone your afraid of a fighting in game.

This is what you always wanted right? To have no one left to play with so you can say your the best player everywhere?

Btw you said "now i can farm powerscrolls and sell them for money", LOL whos going to be left to sell to? Your not to bright and need to step away from the video game.
Why do you always use the wrong your for you're?

Also you are scared of pvp so I don't know why you would try to call anyone out. You only log on if you have a big group on. Unless you're on your main(stealth archer that fails to res kill a lot). That's funny for you to call out anyone about 1v1'ing. You're afraid to fight anyone because you're afraid it will bruise your ego(not sure why you have an ego since you're so bad).

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have repeated myself so many times which in time I get flamed a lot by different people since Feb when they said they are wiping kill points and making the stupid "0 kill point doesnt count forth the total membership of the ranking brackets"

I predicted (please refer to my history), that after this patch:-

#1. more people will be quitting factions
#2. players will be unsubscribe extra accounts, or maybe quit UO totally due to boredom
#3. pvp participation will be declined
#4. people will be rather red/blues fights
#5. factions will be further dead

Just from yesterday and today, we could already see the trend is heading this way.

Anyways, I repeat once again, UO should hire me to be the developer for factions. This is #1. :); I will promise give everyone a 100% fun time and fair gaming without boredom at all! Because I always propose random events once certain requirements is fulfilled. That certain requirement to be fulfilled is the "KEY" to boom participations.

Just ask yourself "1" big question, why everytime EM event can attract so many peeps? This will answers all your concerns.

But back to the main problem of this patch:-

THE MAIN PROBLEM of this patch is " 0 kill points doesnt count forth the total membership of the ranking brackets"

Again, I am very tired, but I gotta list the example to you guys 1 more time again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assume 100 players in your faction = 1+ point

Rank 10 = a big WHOOPING 1 player

Moreover, based on yesterday and today, the decay rate (maybe I just unlucky); most of my chars that have "1" point seems to be become "0" point, so basically the decay rate is "1" point per day.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

GOOD JOB DEV!!!!

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
loving the changes, looks like it'll weed out everyone who was staying in factions for the gear only. Maybe now we can stop the sillyness of all the afk tamers farming silver for a constant supply of rank10 gear on their alts. (and for the love of god...make silver have to be looted off of the monsters, then people wouldn't be able to hide in unreachable areas while their pet afks it for them and they auto-BOS every 5k or so)
Wrong.

1. Without the faction gear, people wont be joining faction
2. Without the faction gear, 2008 DEV cannot attract any participations for new comers
3. PVPERs nowadays DO NOT stay in factions mainly for the faction gear, because everyone is in factions and its easier to find fights that way
4. This system basically tells majority of the pvpers that you've to customize your suits again and cannot wear the top end faction arties. So basically, if people cannot wear faction arties, the point / purpose of staying in faction diminish.
5. With the diminishing of the will to stay in faction, factions slowly become deserted
6. With factions become slowly deserted, fights become more less interesting, because you will see blues griefing in town guards being a coward, while a bunch of reds stay at the town guard border and battle it out which isnt fun
7. With fights getting bored in the long run, pvp will be going downhill
8. With pvp going downhill, people will get bored of the game
9. Getting bored of the game will result in unsubscribe of the game
10. UO will be lesser people play, and the doom day for this game will soon arrive
11. UO closed down and you can't do anything about it no matter how well you construct a thoughtful plan for anything. it will be a PERIOD.

V

Vyal

Note that I had over 1k points yesterday and now only have 370 so I guess thats how point decay works.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note that I had over 1k points yesterday and now only have 370 so I guess thats how point decay works.
Ok, I don't think anyone is interested in your non productive post at all. Please do us a favor and stop talking about yourself here. We are not interested to know.

The point decay is 1%, you won't lose over 63% of points in just 1 day. Please be realistic and stop this kind of post okay? Please?

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if people caught the post Bleak made in the Factions forum a bit ago to clarify how rank is calculated when a faction has fewer than 20 active members (i.e., members with points):

Faction Points Being Wiped | Stratics Forums
What Bleak said, is what he says only without any proofs or physical testing constructed by himself or his team which I can't agree at all with him.

Be realistic, is that, if the shard has only less than 20 active CHARACTERs in a faction, then we could clearly show that what UO implemented in the factions is a TOTAL FAILURE. So meaning will Bleak agree to this point?

So, his second assumption is basically non sense and no one would want to see this type of situations.

Back to his first point, any faction over 20 active "characters", will be counting on percentage.

So, I think that the DEV team, need to go and get a calculator on what they did wrong this time. Why they can implement this CRAZY "0 points not counting forth the total membership ranking brackets" without calculations.

Anyone with a basic sense of math can find out that if they implemented this, the system will be totally screwed up. We are talking about a size of 100 players all with 1+ points, the acheievement is that only "1" player can be rank 10.

I mean, this is working as intended? Are you kidding me!!!!?!?!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not sure if people caught the post Bleak made in the Factions forum a bit ago to clarify how rank is calculated when a faction has fewer than 20 active members (i.e., members with points):

Faction Points Being Wiped | Stratics Forums
Thanks Tina, but we have well over 20 members in our faction. I run the largest guild on Catskills. (if my numbers are still correct) And while activity lately is sporatic every one of them except for one has logged on at least once in the last 6 months. I personally have 5 active accounts with all but four in my guild. Not all run faction points, but they are active members of my guild (I log them all in regularly for one reason or another) and therefore, I suppose, active members of the faction. So I should take my characters out of my own guild so that we can get down to only 20 active faction members? That's unfair.

I've noticed points are updating very late in the evenings. I logged into one character at 8pm and it was rank 5 then again at 10pm and all her faction crimmy fell off and she was down to rank 1. I thought I had her all set to go for the night... That kind of shift in rank shouldn't be possible. It should be a gradual rank change. I don't mind the decay, but the rate of decay is terrible.
I am in the process of making all new suits for all of my characters. I shouldn't have to do this either. After so many years of gameplay I should be able to log on any character I feel like playing and play it. Tonight all I did was make suits. It wasn't any fun.

Tina, before this change not all of my characters were rank 10, but the ones that had to be were, and two that didn't just happened to be because of kills. Presently we are looking at characters who steal sigils as the only ones on our shards (the low fel population shards) with the ability to get rank 10. People will be competing with faction mates for the first one to the sigils. It's an illogical way of determining a war time rank. Mages are the ones who need the most rank to get the faction gear. Usually it's the dexxer that gets the kill shot, as the Mage is usually the one tossing the heals in fights.

A guildmate got a point yesterday off of one orange that was active on the shard at the time he was playing. It was gone by the time he got home from work and logged on today.
I'd like to hear the dev teams explanation as to what is expected of factions now.
Is it supposed to be fun?

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Tina, but we have well over 20 members in our faction. I run the largest guild on Catskills. (if my numbers are still correct) And while activity lately is sporatic every one of them except for one has logged on at least once in the last 6 months. I personally have 5 active accounts with all but four in my guild. Not all run faction points, but they are active members of my guild (I log them all in regularly for one reason or another) and therefore, I suppose, active members of the faction. So I should take my characters out of my own guild so that we can get down to only 20 active faction members? That's unfair.

I've noticed points are updating very late in the evenings. I logged into one character at 8pm and it was rank 5 then again at 10pm and all her faction crimmy fell off and she was down to rank 1. I thought I had her all set to go for the night... That kind of shift in rank shouldn't be possible. It should be a gradual rank change. I don't mind the decay, but the rate of decay is terrible.
I am in the process of making all new suits for all of my characters. I shouldn't have to do this either. After so many years of gameplay I should be able to log on any character I feel like playing and play it. Tonight all I did was make suits. It wasn't any fun.

Tina, before this change not all of my characters were rank 10, but the ones that had to be were, and two that didn't just happened to be because of kills. Presently we are looking at characters who steal sigils as the only ones on our shards (the low fel population shards) with the ability to get rank 10. People will be competing with faction mates for the first one to the sigils. It's an illogical way of determining a war time rank. Mages are the ones who need the most rank to get the faction gear. Usually it's the dexxer that gets the kill shot, as the Mage is usually the one tossing the heals in fights.

A guildmate got a point yesterday off of one orange that was active on the shard at the time he was playing. It was gone by the time he got home from work and logged on today.
I'd like to hear the dev teams explanation as to what is expected of factions now.
Is it supposed to be fun?
It's called the following:-

1. Please continue look through enemies 24/7
2. Please steal and look at the sigil for 10 hours straight
3. Please do not go to vacations or work, because you need to monitor and make sure your teammates don't exceed you in kill points; otherwise in your next login, you will be lost your hard earned artifacts in your backpack!!!
4. Please only focus on 1 character or max of 2, because the intention of this system is telling you DO NOT join too many characters in faction as you couldn't wear the artifacts anyways even you've joined
5. Its better to play as a blue/red character

The End.

Daelomin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
loving the changes, looks like it'll weed out everyone who was staying in factions for the gear only. Maybe now we can stop the sillyness of all the afk tamers farming silver for a constant supply of rank10 gear on their alts. (and for the love of god...make silver have to be looted off of the monsters, then people wouldn't be able to hide in unreachable areas while their pet afks it for them and they auto-BOS every 5k or so)

Love them too. I guess the main problem is related to some people based their suits on the Crystalline ring with FCR3 to be able to use a mage weap to use more skill points in their templates :)
Most other artifacts have lesser versions that can be used as an arbitrary replacements.

Now the factions points will actually be significant... well done devs.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should just make it so when you join a faction you're rank 1 + 1 rank/day after 10 days you're rank 10 (regardless of kill points) use kill points as a form of "faction currency" for something other than faction arties, OR newer faction arties [weapons maybe]. and make it to where if you die in tram to opposing faction mobs [wisp, deamon, ogre lord, silver serpents] you go into stat-loss.

It wouldn't be a "quick" process as it would take 10 days from when you first join a faction to become rank 10. but making people in tram go into stat-loss if they die to faction mobs would cut down on the people joining for easy-better-than-normal-artifacts. especially if there are any plans to make the "harder-to-get-REAL-Arties" as good or better than the faction versions.

Cap kill point's at 100, the most expensive piece you could buy with kill points would cost 100, so people can't just farm up all the points and buy everything at once. assuming these "vendors" will be at the faction bases or placed in towns by faction members that own the current town it would give more reason to fight over towns & defend sigils, besides just to get you're war horse vendor.

TBH the only thing I wanted from owning any towns was my war horse. everything else you can get without owning a town or joining a faction that's already placed vendors.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Love them too. I guess the main problem is related to some people based their suits on the Crystalline ring with FCR3 to be able to use a mage weap to use more skill points in their templates :)
Most other artifacts have lesser versions that can be used as an arbitrary replacements.

Now the factions points will actually be significant... well done devs.
The only people who is happy with this patch is either:-

1. Hes not in faction
2. He never gets their hand on the rank 10 artifacts
3. Hes jealous about others and that now that others are nerfed, they are so happy about it.

Are you this type of person?

Crystalline ring with FCR3? mage weapon?

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?

To tell you the truth, crystalline ring is rank 9 and its not as important as EP 50 ring. But still the main point, you still dont understand what's wrong with the system. The system now limits almost 1 faction 1 person to become Rank 10. Then when it gets deserted, it will further diminish the interests of factions pvp.

Do you actually know where the problem is? I guess you don't, so its a waste of time to explain since you don't even know what stupid thing they changed. :)

garillo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Why do you always use the wrong your for you're?

Also you are scared of pvp so I don't know why you would try to call anyone out. You only log on if you have a big group on. Unless you're on your main(stealth archer that fails to res kill a lot). That's funny for you to call out anyone about 1v1'ing. You're afraid to fight anyone because you're afraid it will bruise your ego(not sure why you have an ego since you're so bad).
Let's not forget mentioning the fact he gets owned on a weekly basis by a stealth herder. It's my favorite part of morning gen chat.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should just make it so when you join a faction you're rank 1 + 1 rank/day after 10 days you're rank 10 (regardless of kill points) use kill points as a form of "faction currency" for something other than faction arties, OR newer faction arties [weapons maybe]. and make it to where if you die in tram to opposing faction mobs [wisp, deamon, ogre lord, silver serpents] you go into stat-loss.

It wouldn't be a "quick" process as it would take 10 days from when you first join a faction to become rank 10. but making people in tram go into stat-loss if they die to faction mobs would cut down on the people joining for easy-better-than-normal-artifacts. especially if there are any plans to make the "harder-to-get-REAL-Arties" as good or better than the faction versions.

Cap kill point's at 100, the most expensive piece you could buy with kill points would cost 100, so people can't just farm up all the points and buy everything at once. assuming these "vendors" will be at the faction bases or placed in towns by faction members that own the current town it would give more reason to fight over towns & defend sigils, besides just to get you're war horse vendor.

TBH the only thing I wanted from owning any towns was my war horse. everything else you can get without owning a town or joining a faction that's already placed vendors.
Extremely stupid if you asks me.

1. DEV make faction artifacts to attract players to join factions for factions fights.
2. DEV now make it so that only 1% players can wear better faction arties.

So ironic? You know, you asks people to come into this system because you have these things to offer. Then when everyone get inside using the suits happily and pvping happily, you tell us that it will be only 1% player that can keep their arties while the rest should either go quit faction or stick to lose armour or find replacement for their armour.

Do you smell bull$hit on this?

Honestly, the only way to improve participations in faction is open artifacts for EVERYONE the equal chance to get it.

Then we put penalty in Trammel for faction players.

That's all we should be doing. And not by solving the minority of the populations problem and then screw up the majority and main purpose of faction artifacts.

Crazy. Up to now, DEV still got no idea what they implemented wrong about this patch. I am very disappointed with them.

Again, if I am the faction developer of UO, I guarantee 100% every individual will be a happy man now.

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only get to play my faction chars about once a week, when I factor in the point decay rate it looks like I better kill a LOT of people that once a week and never die to even hope to wear my rank 7 stuff. If it was the Devs plan for most people to leave factions then they will get their wish. I guess they want everyone to wear a beast suit or a DP dexer, or a stealther in factions because what would be the point of being a faction mage if I can't use an orny, crystline ring, folded steel?

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moreover, I gotta say that the thinking here is TOTALLY WRONG. Why can't we all be open-minded and step back then rethink again.

If we open faction artifacts to EVERYONE, what does anyone loses??????????????????????????

#1. Everyone can use the same equipment that factions are offering. Will anyone be in a specific disadvantage in this? WTF, more whining please?

#2. We put penalty for faction players in Trammel for pvm bashing; such as:-
A.) 20 to 30 mins Stat loss penalty death by monsters/npcs
B.) automatically unequip of faction arties upon entering certain areas (such as ishenlar champ spawn, doom, etc..)
C.) once factioners go to trammel, all of the artifacts loses its extra bonus

#3. With everyone able to customize their armour more efficiently and try out different templates easier, people even newbies will get more interested in the game whether in pvm and eventually have chance to try and pvp.

Currently system is, you try to force a newbie to come over and pvp, but he doesnt know how to pvp, and then you tell him that you cant have any method to wear any artifacts, but you go and imbue and reforge your suits. Then he constantly get arse kicked by players with full set of faction arties combined. This is a welcoming message for new players?

I mean, people here happy about this patch is so stubborn that they are jealous on other pvpers who perform much better than them in factions, in which thats why they're happy about this patch.

Other than that, I cant think of ANY SINGLE REASON the problem of when every single person are wearing the uber artifacts from factions will have any problem?

IRONIC?

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, I expected there woudl be some whining about people losing their "shinys" but this is insane...between the new shame loot, reforging, and all the other ridiculous items you can get/make now what's the big deal, man up and actually PAY for your gear like everyone did for 11 years before faction artys, or compete with the other factioners to be able to wear the super artys as a status symbol, unless you're on siege it's not like it's hard to make a suit that's 150% in every stat/mod with such high durability it'll never wear out anyways.....and on siege it's only "hard" because nobody want's to pay 20 million per suit that they could lose due to a short lag spike (which is why the farties were even worse here, nearly free artys was a HUGE advantage)

Or maybe try pvp without having 75dci, 90 to every resist, 900 effective skill points, full HCI and DI on your mage...you may find that "only" being 90-100% in every mod isn't quite so bad as you may think

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, I expected there woudl be some whining about people losing their "shinys" but this is insane...between the new shame loot, reforging, and all the other ridiculous items you can get/make now what's the big deal, man up and actually PAY for your gear like everyone did for 11 years before faction artys, or compete with the other factioners to be able to wear the super artys as a status symbol, unless you're on siege it's not like it's hard to make a suit that's 150% in every stat/mod with such high durability it'll never wear out anyways.....and on siege it's only "hard" because nobody want's to pay 20 million per suit that they could lose due to a short lag spike (which is why the farties were even worse here, nearly free artys was a HUGE advantage)

Or maybe try pvp without having 75dci, 90 to every resist, 900 effective skill points, full HCI and DI on your mage...you may find that "only" being 90-100% in every mod isn't quite so bad as you may think
The arguement here is about factions.

Then you come up with your idea and say the following:-

1. There are many other things that can replace faction artifacts or even perform better

So in conclusion, what's the purpose of joining factions then?

Or I should say, what's the purpose of DEV creating faction artifacts in the first place?

You still don't get the point here.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The arguement here is about factions.

Then you come up with your idea and say the following:-

1. There are many other things that can replace faction artifacts or even perform better

Or I should say, what's the purpose of DEV creating faction artifacts in the first place?

You still don't get the point here.
The purpose of joining factions: To fight without turning red and to control towns

THAT....IS...IT

Everything beyond that was added 10 years after the fact, the faction artifacts were a poorly implemented system that was supposed to be a REWARD for the highest end members in faction fights (the origionals actually were essentially like EM items, given out by one time quests). A bug was in the system however that counted inactive players towards the rankings, which skewed it badly to the point where EVERYONE was given rank 10 for free, and like most bugs in UO it took them years to fix. There are still more bugs with them too as when implemented they were not supposed to be able to be repaired normally and were supposed to wear out quickly, neither of which is true. (they were supposed to only be "reset" to a higher max durability by the faction powder stuff you can buy)

Or to sum it up more nicely....a few devs were playing WoW one day and decided they liked the arena gear system where you could buy items with the kill points and decided to quickly dump something like it into UO to quell the cries on the faction forums for more "reason" to control the cities.

Daelomin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players that joined factions for the sole reason to use some overpowered items will probably quit, which is great. These artifacts were intended to give players an incentive to PvP and to give their gear a "slight" boost, not to make PvP:ers dependent on the items cose they were cheap to come by. The new changes give us a more proper point system and a more sensible incentive to get artifacts. That said - Perhaps the balance between different ranks needs to be slightly tweaked (future will tell) but the new base changes are justified.

Before this change, these artifacts were taken for granted and people that didn't even "participate" in faction events used them, now this is addressed and instead of taken them for granted they give each factioneer a slight incentive.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The purpose of joining factions: To fight without turning red and to control towns

THAT....IS...IT

Everything beyond that was added 10 years after the fact, the faction artifacts were a poorly implemented system that was supposed to be a REWARD for the highest end members in faction fights (the origionals actually were essentially like EM items, given out by one time quests). A bug was in the system however that counted inactive players towards the rankings, which skewed it badly to the point where EVERYONE was given rank 10 for free, and like most bugs in UO it took them years to fix. There are still more bugs with them too as when implemented they were not supposed to be able to be repaired normally and were supposed to wear out quickly, neither of which is true. (they were supposed to only be "reset" to a higher max durability by the faction powder stuff you can buy)

Or to sum it up more nicely....a few devs were playing WoW one day and decided they liked the arena gear system where you could buy items with the kill points and decided to quickly dump something like it into UO to quell the cries on the faction forums for more "reason" to control the cities.
WTF. You can whine when all of the players can become rank 10 and then wearing the exact same artifacts to pvp each others?

I DONT GET YOUR POINT SIR?

Why faction artifacts was implemented? Because faction system is so populated that it needs faction artifacts to revive it in 2008?

Honestly, you just need to answer me one question:-

With this patch, you think its gonna increase or decrease the overall population of factions?

JUST ANSWER THIS AND BE HONEST with your points. Thank you :)

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Players that joined factions for the sole reason to use some overpowered items will probably quit, which is great. These artifacts were intended to give players an incentive to PvP and to give their gear a "slight" boost, not to make PvP:ers dependent on the items cose they were cheap to come by. The new changes give us a more proper point system and a more sensible incentive to get artifacts. That said - Perhaps the balance between different ranks needs to be slightly tweaked (future will tell) but the new base changes are justified.

Before this change, these artifacts were taken for granted and people that didn't even "participate" in faction events used them, now this is addressed and instead of taken them for granted they give each factioneer a slight incentive.
Ok, the minority of people is using the faction arties to pvm in trammel

The majority of people is using the faction arties to pvp in Felucca.

Now you screw up the system making the majority of people who uses the faction arties to pvp in Felucca to lose interest in faction and cut down their templates from 10 to 1 and then back to imbue/reforge another suit and quit faction.

Sir, what is the point of staying in faction then? If I am to be in faction and I need to work everyday to make sure I maintain my rank, whats the difference of this with a full time job? So we're working for this game and not enjoy playing this game?

Thus, you still haven't get the idea:-

What is the MAIN PROBLEM here when everyone is wearing the same artifacts to pvp?

As I have stated:-

The solutions to solve the Trammies going back with faction arties, should be focussed in Trammel. And not by screwing a bunch of players in Felucca who enjoyed pvp in convenient system to fix the Trammei problem.

As I have stated, putting Stat loss of 20 mins, remove the bonus of faction arties upon entering Trammel, auto unequip faction arites when entering certain area in factions, can solve most of the trammie using faction artifacts issue.

Nowadays, PVP is about PVP conveniently. Log on for 2-3 hours, for pvp then log off and call it a day. And not by logging on, worrying the armour drops in backpack then go steal sigil and pray no one steal, or pray that u get off the most last kills off the fights.

Another point I would like to bring in is that:-

Do you think factions will increase in population or decrease in population after this patch?

BE honest and specific your points. :)

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Economy will be better! real items are trash now :banana:
Urg... excuse me.

Economy won't be better.

#1. When factions artifacts can be combined with normal suits, more templates are able to be customized.
#2. With the decline of templates, there will be lesser imbued/reforge suits needed
#3. With the decline of pvp activities, there will be lesser consumption in the market.

Real items are trash now?

How much is a 5 dci mr 2 robe?
How much is the 10 hci talisman?
How much is the SSI 5 cloak?
How much is the HCI gorget?
How much is the 10 SSI leggings?
How much is the splintering weapons?
How much is the reforged suits with uber mods?
How much is orna?
How much is inquisitor?

So a 10 mil+ product is still called a trash? Oh maybe you want a normal orna to be in the 30 mil range or more to be consider fair price? I AM LOST sir.

And, that is with faction artifacts inside there... trash?

Ironic again.

Status
Not open for further replies.