• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Official "The Devs broke factions, now fix it!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say, as a non stealther I die quite often, I will never get to rank 9 on this system, this has broken all of my suits. I don't mind losing rank 10, but i do mind losing my armor.

Notice also that most dexxer armor is like rank 8, mages armor like inquisitors, crystalline, orni and folded steels are rank 9-10.

So loads of deathstrikers running around unaffected.

As if I don't deserve the rank 10 items? all I do the whole time in UO is pvp, albeit badly some might say.

I'm not playing until they change the ranking system so i can wear my armor, not because i can't afford to redesign ALL of my suits, but because i can't be bothered now, with the reforging coming out I just made new suits, I'm not making a whole new set for each character, again!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everyone should just leave factions and remake suits. Maybe there won't be so many pansy charactors with 80 ninja built into their templates, to avoid death, and in turn - more pvp because people won't be taking 20minute stat loss breaks!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoever signed these changes off clearly plays as a dexxer, as most the high ranking faction armour is mage armour. Now only the rich elite can pvp and there's no cheap way to get items.

Luckily i'm one of the rich elite

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just imbue up some jewels, i have mystics on other shards with "standard" 1/3/dci/mage skill/sdi jewels. The crystaline is awesome, but the faction combination of orny/crystaline was insane. You can make fairly awesome suits minus a few little perks with just imbued crap and a pair of fey leggings. The only high investment would be a tangle/crimmy to share between chars on each shard.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While your right faction horses can be replaced with "swampys" but what make factions horses better is they can be rezzed by anyone... Thus the main reason for faction horses isn't it? Well for me it is.
Yea, this patch is crappy, some peeps with 0 points are too bad and need to stick with swampy.

Thanks again to the stupid "ranking brackets" they changed LOL

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoever signed these changes off clearly plays as a dexxer, as most the high ranking faction armour is mage armour. Now only the rich elite can pvp and there's no cheap way to get items.

Luckily i'm one of the rich elite
LoL, you got to realize this buddy, if the table is correct as indicated by Tina Small, then there is only 1% of the community able to be Rank 10 in the faction. So unless you're the pvp god or the thief god who can maintain the highest kill point on your whole faction, you wouldnt be Rank 10 at all most likely.

Meaning that out of 100 players with (1+ points), there is only 1 player that can become Rank 10.

Urg... what is UO DEV thinking, when they put this STUPID "0 kill point will no longer be calculated into the total membership of faction ranking"

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just imbue up some jewels, i have mystics on other shards with "standard" 1/3/dci/mage skill/sdi jewels. The crystaline is awesome, but the faction combination of orny/crystaline was insane. You can make fairly awesome suits minus a few little perks with just imbued crap and a pair of fey leggings. The only high investment would be a tangle/crimmy to share between chars on each shard.
Actually the crystalline ring for me isnt particularly useful (moreover, crystalline ring = Rank 9 item)

Why I dont like crystalline ring is because of the loss of 50 ep which is extremely useful for pvp nowadays.

The only crappy thing about not able to Rank 10 is due to the ornament of magician, FCR 3 glove, and the mace shield glasses.

Moreover, like I mentioned many many times. The point of joining factions is for the artifacts. If I can customize a suit competitive enough to a faction combined gear, there is no reason to join factions anymore.

So right. Perhaps UO is telling us to quit factions and delete our extra accounts. This is their final purpose. I see

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah i have pulled all my chars out of factions and just made new siuts. Factions is dead now.

Well done the Dev team, you took something that was broken and broke it further.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say, as a non stealther I die quite often, I will never get to rank 9 on this system, this has broken all of my suits. I don't mind losing rank 10, but i do mind losing my armor.

Notice also that most dexxer armor is like rank 8, mages armor like inquisitors, crystalline, orni and folded steels are rank 9-10.

So loads of deathstrikers running around unaffected.

As if I don't deserve the rank 10 items? all I do the whole time in UO is pvp, albeit badly some might say.

I'm not playing until they change the ranking system so i can wear my armor, not because i can't afford to redesign ALL of my suits, but because i can't be bothered now, with the reforging coming out I just made new suits, I'm not making a whole new set for each character, again!
Totally agree. As you know, the number of player that can be rank 10 = 1 or 2 player max, I BET! if Tina Small excel file percentile is correct.

99.1% to 100% to be Rank 10

Meaning a community of 100 players (with 1+ points) = only 1 player can be Rank 10..

CRAPPY CRAPPY idea.

For dexxer armour, it usually involves items from Rank 1, Rank 4, Rank 7 and sometimes Rank 9 or Rank 10.

For mage armour, it usually involves items from Rank 1, Rank 4, Rank 9, Rank 10

Stupid patch UO implemented... actually it can be compared with "Rubbish"

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everyone should just leave factions and remake suits. Maybe there won't be so many pansy charactors with 80 ninja built into their templates, to avoid death, and in turn - more pvp because people won't be taking 20minute stat loss breaks!
Cetric, totally wrong. If they never implemented faction artifacts, I would have to say, there will be no whining even they change whatever in factions at this moment. Because it doesnt affect any people at all since no one will be losing their equipments at all.

But they have implemented this for freakin 4+ yrs and just 1 stupid patch, tell us that:-

1. Now you guys only can become Rank 10 if you are the top pvp god or thief god who have no life
2. Now you guys only can become Rank 10 but you have to make sure no one else in your faction will exceed you, so therefore you have to keep your eyes to corrupt all the sigils (be a greedy mofo and not share any to your members) and to make sure you get your last kills frequently, and you cant have holidays/vacations; otherwise, if someone exceeds you, you will have your armour dropped in your backpack upon your next log in!
Because out of the 10 or 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 or 60 or 70 or 80 or 90 or 100 players with positive kill points, there is only a BIG WHOOPING "1" person to be able to be RANK 10!

Yea, back to the topic, if I am to customize armour without faction armour, I will just be a blue and not needed to be faction at all. Thus this move further discourage factions pvp and factions will go desert again which proves ALL of my points correct once again.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agree.

People on LS have been whining to us that our guild isn't in factions since we transferred over there 2 1/2 wks ago, yet we have an all red guild that pvps constantly, and zero houses to hide in during a fight. Half the people that whine there are factioners that chew on smokebombs.

We'll still see plenty of "smokebomberstrikers", and throwers since the only high rank items for them are mace and shields & folded steel glasses. Those are easy replacements for 10m, and only lose 10di on mace glasses.

Slip's CoM guild of stone form/protection pvpers just took a kick in the you know what though, since you KNOW most of those cats ran orny/crystalline (fcr3 for factions)/folded steel glasses. Those aren't easy replacements, so I guess that's one shard that DC can start playing on again with large numbers, since they'll have the majority of stone form/protection bunnies. SugarSmacks will be happy since that's his character (not to be confused with his faction rez killing/spirit speaking/detect hidden archer). You'll never see Sugar though, since he's always in the back row of a choke, hiding behind his guild & fields, doing his skillful job of cleansing his other stone form brethren.

Back to faction points though, I personally think there will be another adjustment on points again, or they'll make it a little easier to gain rank 10, or the level 10's will come down to a lower rank. Too many people that actually do pvp in factions lost some important pieces, and just won't play factions anymore. It's a catch 22 though since shards like Great Lakes haven't had "real" faction pvp in over a year, and peeps just join for the gear for tram obviously.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
agree with you 100 pct winker

i dont know about you but first comes imbue so you remake your suits
next comes dungeon revamps so you remake your suits
now comes reforge so back to the craft house
now all your faction gear drops so back yet again to the crafter.

does anyone detect a pattern here?

grind, grind, grind. it seems when this dev team comes up against something hard it runs home to momma hence the grind.

on the flip side they make no changes to the main reason why factions were implemented and are still broken in my opinion, unless you find holding town sigils for 10 HOURS to be productive time spent.

i play a few hours a nite a couple of times per week.

WHAT A HORROR SHOW.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
agree with you 100 pct winker

i dont know about you but first comes imbue so you remake your suits
next comes dungeon revamps so you remake your suits
now comes reforge so back to the craft house
now all your faction gear drops so back yet again to the crafter.

does anyone detect a pattern here?
WHAT A HORROR SHOW.
You forgot to add at the end of "does anyone detect a pattern here?"...EA sells even more Forged Metal of Artifacts online!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is dumb.

On 5 servers I can't play.

Some of the more recent suits I built had no faction arties besides crimmy, but anything older than 5 months for mages is built around crystalline/orny/folded.

"Lets fix PvP. How do we do it? Oh, I know! Lets make it so half of the people that actually PvP don't have a suit anymore!!!"

****ing ridiculous. There is no way I'm spending the gold to imbue suits and xfer them off to all the shards.

I'll close 2 of the accounts down and just play one shard / one account until I get bored with the lack of PvP and then shut the last one down too.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sdi/mage skill/dci/casting ring/brac 5 sdi/dci/lmc talisman, night eyes. quick dirty cheap usable fix. I just spent 2mil to do it, and that was because i had to buy the ingreds for the ring lol. I also just transfered off my conj garb so through on a 5hpi robe and the suits still fine, im just missing some "extra" mr/hpr from the jewels, and the 20 focus.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sdi/mage skill/dci ring, 5 mage talisman, night eyes. quick dirty cheap usable fix. I just spent 2mil to do it, and that was because i had to buy the ingreds for the ring lol.
Cetric, the incentive to join factions is to get the artifacts like I mentioned. Or else in 2008 revamp of faction, you wouldnt be seeing anyone in factions until this day before this stupid Pub 75 is implemented.

I mean, its not over for UO, but players like me who is able to create multiple accounts and numerous characters in home shard, cross shards is due to the faction artifacts that make suits easier. Of course the downside is, we have to bear for stat loss when we die. But its still fun, at least there is war within factions!

But now, you're telling us to rebuild our suit, yes I mean I am gonna rebuild my suit for maybe 1, or 2 , or 3 characters. but I surely as hell won't be rebuilding my suits for all my 30 characters in my home shard and not counting those in the other Japanese shards.

So in another words, extra accounts aren't needed right? And what this picture tells you?

Faction is going downhill if more and more ppl think this way, which is what is going on right now.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Well i didnt play last nite. logged in this morning and 5 of my characters need to get points or be overhauled on my main shard. i think given the outrage by this change we could possibly see some dev response (hold laughter) and possibly a fix?

i have clients in the next two nights so maybe best to wait until the weekend, before doing something rash.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Cetric, the incentive to join factions is to get the artifacts like I mentioned. Or else in 2008 revamp of faction, you wouldnt be seeing anyone in factions until this day before this stupid Pub 75 is implemented.

I mean, its not over for UO, but players like me who is able to create multiple accounts and numerous characters in home shard, cross shards is due to the faction artifacts that make suits easier. Of course the downside is, we have to bear for stat loss when we die. But its still fun, at least there is war within factions!

But now, you're telling us to rebuild our suit, yes I mean I am gonna rebuild my suit for maybe 1, or 2 , or 3 characters. but I surely as hell won't be rebuilding my suits for all my 30 characters in my home shard and not counting those in the other Japanese shards.

So in another words, extra accounts aren't needed right? And what this picture tells you?

Faction is going downhill if more and more ppl think this way, which is what is going on right now.
You are in pure panic mode aren't you? lol

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are in pure panic mode aren't you? lol
I don't understand the meaning of panic mode, but I surely as heck not happy with this patch because I am forced to recustomize my suits before I can play UO again. And I gotta quit the faction which I once loved so much and become a blue!

Becaue there's no incentive to stay in factions anymore. I aint gonna spend my only 2-3 hours average gameplay everyday to steal back and forth sigil and find peeps to kill. Moreover, in order to keep your artifacts, you also need your luck, and your skills to make sure you dont get your butt kicked and lose your valuable points which upon your next login that may affect you reduce in rank!

Supposely I could play 10-12 different templates efficiently, now they tell me to focus on playing 1-2 boring template over and over again until I can rebuild the suits again for further template?

WTF... again? No thanks, I will just close my extra accounts, thats all. Speaking of fact, I dont even have the mood to log into UO now.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
without a doubt the use of faction arties gave the pvp crowd a good way to work fighting characters up an many shards, therefore allowing them a way to participate in fights across those shards as they arose. this was needed due to the limited playing base across the shards so if you log on to just pvp this was a good way to keep you entertained, get it entertained.

now that has been limited as your logging on to WORK on the game, i.e. check all your chars on all shards to make sure that their rank is maintained instead of PLAYING the game.

Moreso i would tell you that as limited as the pvp crowd is when compared to pvm they do account for a lot of cross shard commerce that goes on in this game.

this game has a huge learning curve for those that have never played it. if you want to be fully immersed in it there is a tremendous amount of info you must be aware of.

it would seem to me that the dev team should spend more time on how to attract new people to the game instead of re arranging the deck chairs on the titanic for those that already play it.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basically what I proposed gives everyone a simple picture of factions:-

#1. Open faction artifacts to EVERYONE one. Remove the rank requirements totally for faction artifacts and war horses
#2. Make 20 mins or even 30 mins STAT LOSS for factioners in TRAMMEL ruleset when killed by monsters/npcs
#3. Limit certain area or boss area in TRAMMEL ruleset, so that faction artifacts will be unequipped automatically
#4. Felucca ruleset unchanged
#5. Open new faction purposes for corruption of towns/guarding/raiding bases. Make something attractive to control towns. Moreover, make it attractive even those who cannot control town can participates! So it still fair to the majority. Make faction alive again! The idea is that even you have 500 ping and are crappy in pvp, and you would still have the incentive to participate!

How to acheive this? Random faction events involved within controlled towns; pvp event, pvm event, crafting event, treasure hunting event, etc...

A controlled town will trigger random event and announced by Town crier prior to 24 hours before it starts, giving everyone the time and preparation for participations. The idea here is like EM events. The participation is great on these.

Improve base raiding, guarding, pvp fun? Make corruption of town sigils not that boredom 10 hours pointless guarding for breathing dirty air anymore! Make it scheduled RAID and GUARD!!!!

How to acheive?

Assign towns for each specific faction:-

TB - Britain
CoM - Trinsic, Moonglow
SL - Yew, Skara
Minax - Minoc, Vesper

For example,

Monday - Britain guarding 8pm to 10pm - location TB base.

Instead of sigil, we use a new NPC called "Faction Warlord" which can only be attacked by opposing factions (immunity to TB players; so to avoid the spies). If within these 2 hours, the Warlord is still here, TB will control Britain for the time until the next guarding cycle occur again.

Tuesday - Trinsic
Wednesday - Yew
Thursday - Minoc
Friday - Vesper
Saturday - Skara
Sunday - Moonglow

Ability to assign roles by the faction commanding lord for EACH character to improve the economy and defense of their town and faction bases.

Example, how to improve the faction town to earn more silvers, and which can increase the number of NPCs or guards can be placed through upgrades. Upgrades on the amount of HPs available to the Faction Warlord, Faction Guards, Faction NPCs.

Ability to customize the appearance the gear for faction guards, faction npcs, etc..

Anyways, the idea goes so long that I wont bother to say anymore further for now... this leaves open for opportunities to everyone to think about.

The main point is do not FORCE ppl to work for the game. Let people play the game!

A

archite666

This is crazy. I have only one character who I play in factions. My suit is now broken without my mace and shield/primer. I was rank 10 before and now my guy is really messed up.

Why do people that are pvp gods get to wear even better gear? It is such a flawed concept.

Rankings should be determined by the individual. 1 rank per 10 punkte with everyone able to go over 100 and no max amount of rank 10 players. I should have to go to fel to maintain my arties but not be apart of some huge gank squad just to have a shot at being rank 7 again.

Its like the devs want us fighting over points like starving animals. CRAZY!!!

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is crazy. I have only one character who I play in factions. My suit is now broken without my mace and shield/primer. I was rank 10 before and now my guy is really messed up.

Why do people that are pvp gods get to wear even better gear? It is such a flawed concept.

Rankings should be determined by the individual. 1 rank per 10 punkte with everyone able to go over 100 and no max amount of rank 10 players. I should have to go to fel to maintain my arties but not be apart of some huge gank squad just to have a shot at being rank 7 again.

Its like the devs want us fighting over points like starving animals. CRAZY!!!
You're right. You gotta be pvp god or thief god to be able to wear the best faction artifact now. And you gotta make sure that you work your arse hard enough to maintain it. Because once the other person who exceeded you, you will lose your armour again upon the next log in!!

I like your last sentence, yes they seems want us to be starving animals. But of course, with so much opportunities nowadays on armours, why would we want to be staving animals. Majority of people, will just delete their extra accounts (that previous worked around under faction arties), and then focus on only 2-3 templates max for the short term as I can see.

Some might get into boredom of the 2-3 templates and create 1 or 2 more further. But if sadly or unluckily, they might just feel bored and quit UO all at once.

Of course, speaking of fact now, factions will be going downhill. This is not a fix. This is the doom to faction eras.

Thank you DEVS. BIG THUMB UP on the destroy of this FACTION ERA.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The people with the highest points will be deathstriking stealthers, who don't even use orni/inquis/crystalline.

I think a dev plays a deathstriking stealther and just raged one day and came up with this system.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it would seem to me that the dev team should spend more time on how to attract new people to the game instead of re arranging the deck chairs on the titanic for those that already play it.
I'm not at all disputing your post. However, what I wish is that the team had fixed the points explosion and whatever bug was making it possible for so many characters to use the better artifacts a long time ago. They let a huge bug that affected the majority of the game's PvP population slide for over three years and then gave people one month's notice to react to their "fix."

I really hope that the dev team has something that will be good for PvP up their sleeves to make up for this mess. I'd like to believe that there was more of a reason for doing this than just someone working their way down a list of old bugs and deciding it was time to cross off this one and move on to the next. I hope they've been reading all the feedback that's been posted since their cryptic February 24th announcement, "We are looking at fixing the issue regarding faction points and the deterioration of faction points. To fix these issues properly it will require us to wipe all faction points."

I know they're still working on dungeon revamps and the next publish should see the next dungeon turned on its ear. And Jeff has mentioned a few times now that they'll be making changes to the champ spawn system and are reevaluating loot. And then we've got this hokey town loyalty situation that affects towns in both Felucca and Trammel but so far seems to be doing nothing more than pissing off people because of the loyalty decay. I keep wondering if they have some kind of plans to link town loyalty to factions somehow and instead of fighting to get as many towns under your control as you can, you fight for one town against every other town and/or forge alliances between towns, etc. Hopefully, though, if they go that route gaining town loyalty in Felucca will require something different than putting out fires, feeding the disgruntled, and arresting rioters. Because from what I've seen, Felucca towns will all burn down and no one will even notice (except on Siege) the way things are set up now.

What we really need is some kind of communication from Jeff and company that the team does indeed have a master plan for UO and that it definitely includes significant effort to keep PvP alive or, better yet, to make it flourish. But I have my doubts that we'll see any such communication any time soon because the team seems to have a terrible fear of saying anything about stuff that might not happen, or that might be delayed. I thought morale was bad back in October and November, but it's even worse now.

Jeff and Mesanna were supposed to do an interview with PC Gamer on March 16th; however, it doesn't seem to have been posted yet. Maybe there will be some good news in that. Jeff also tweeted on the 26th that he's playing something that EA hasn't announced yet. (His tweet was in reply to one asking what he was playing.) Lots to wonder about. I just hope people will try to stick it out just a little longer. It's a lot to ask though, I know. It's hard to justify keeping accounts open when your desire to play just isn't there anymore.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys guys guys,

All you have to do is create a suit for each char for each faction rank, So just have 10 suits for each char and change them daily depending on your rank, no big deal?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys guys guys,

All you have to do is create a suit for each char for each faction rank, So just have 10 suits for each char and change them daily depending on your rank, no big deal?
You'd really only have to do at most 5 suits: One for when you're level 10, another for when you're level 9, another for when you're level 7 or 8, another for when you're level 4-6, and a final one for when you're level 1-3.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sdi/mage skill/dci/casting ring/brac 5 sdi/dci/lmc talisman, night eyes. quick dirty cheap usable fix. I just spent 2mil to do it, and that was because i had to buy the ingreds for the ring lol. I also just transfered off my conj garb so through on a 5hpi robe and the suits still fine, im just missing some "extra" mr/hpr from the jewels, and the 20 focus.
You're forgetting about the physical resist gap.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If it were easy to go out and get enough points to wear my stuff I'd not be so bothered by this, but fact of the matter there's really no one on to kill in opposing factions anymore. Most people have left my "dead" shard. The ones that are left will only give 1 point at most, since our wipe didn't leave our shard with any point holders. One point isn't going to get me, or my guild, rank.
If we were properly informed of the point wipe (Yes Dev, this is a point wipe, not a "reduction") I could have had myself and my guild prepared with fresh suits to wear the day they logged in. Instead we were told this was a point reduction, which for some reason made me believe we'd still have our ranks. Silly me, I thought they were just getting rid of the necessary "6 million points" for rank 10 some shards had, not destroying the entire system on slow and low population shards.

I can't log on and play right now. I have things I need to do here that make attention to game impossible. If I could log on for a few minutes I'd not be able to play UO, get "town loyalty", PvP, spawn, or anything else anyway because all my characters (except my fisher... I guess I could fish...) are in my guild and therefore in factions. Meaning, most of my characters have some part of their suit in their backpack. I can't play until I have the time to devote to resuiting them.

Factions used to be very active on my shard. We had all four factions fighting for quite some time. That's where the points came from. Slowly the numbers have gone down and the population either stopped playing factions or left the shard. I feel like this move was a big "**** you" to the rest of us still hanging on. I'm sure rank will be easier on the more populated shards. Congrats to the guy who "already is back at 1000". That kind of thing isn't going to happen on the low pop shards. A guy I know who had a point holder with 700 points on it checked, his point holder has 2 points.

Sigh. Fun.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its better to unsubscribe extra accounts that you wont have time to work on and rebuild anymore. Isn't this more straight forward? HEHE ;)

But for rebuilding suits to work around faction artifacts, nevermind.... the only artifacts that guarantee can be used would be those rank 1 types because you never know what you gonna lose the next day upon your login LOL.

But building 5 suits for 1 character seems really crazy...

1 for rank 1
1 for rank 4
1 for rank 7
1 for rank 9
1 for rank 10

Then if we speak about another template

we build another 5 suits

1 for rank 1...
etc...

Urg... very complicated, I give up! I will just quit faction and be a blue or red, it's better off that way come on.

But again faction is ruined.

I just had a 2 mins pvp with my enemy in my home shard, and pwned 2 out of 3 of them in which i netted 0 point... guess tomorrow if the decay point kicks in, i can kiss good bye my remaining character armour that can still pvp today!

LOL

GOOD JOB DEV!!! Thank you for the change so we dont get to see anymore enemies :), its a peaceful world.

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All faction items should be available to all ranks (or maybe rank 2 upwards), just allow faction fighting in trammel to prevent non pvpers abusing the faction armor.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it were easy to go out and get enough points to wear my stuff I'd not be so bothered by this, but fact of the matter there's really no one on to kill in opposing factions anymore. Most people have left my "dead" shard. The ones that are left will only give 1 point at most, since our wipe didn't leave our shard with any point holders. One point isn't going to get me, or my guild, rank.
If we were properly informed of the point wipe (Yes Dev, this is a point wipe, not a "reduction") I could have had myself and my guild prepared with fresh suits to wear the day they logged in. Instead we were told this was a point reduction, which for some reason made me believe we'd still have our ranks. Silly me, I thought they were just getting rid of the necessary "6 million points" for rank 10 some shards had, not destroying the entire system on slow and low population shards.

I can't log on and play right now. I have things I need to do here that make attention to game impossible. If I could log on for a few minutes I'd not be able to play UO, get "town loyalty", PvP, spawn, or anything else anyway because all my characters (except my fisher... I guess I could fish...) are in my guild and therefore in factions. Meaning, most of my characters have some part of their suit in their backpack. I can't play until I have the time to devote to resuiting them.

Factions used to be very active on my shard. We had all four factions fighting for quite some time. That's where the points came from. Slowly the numbers have gone down and the population either stopped playing factions or left the shard. I feel like this move was a big "**** you" to the rest of us still hanging on. I'm sure rank will be easier on the more populated shards. Congrats to the guy who "already is back at 1000". That kind of thing isn't going to happen on the low pop shards. A guy I know who had a point holder with 700 points on it checked, his point holder has 2 points.

Sigh. Fun.
1st, the person who said "already back at 1,000 point is pure lying." So you dont need to congrats or feel sad about it
2nd, I have 1 2100 million points char (Ghost Mouse, still showing in www.uo.com), 1 1200 mil point char and 1 800 mil point char, it became the following:-

2100 million points char = around 2xx (Rank 10) Ghost Mouse
1200 mil points char = 187 (Rank 9) Death Traveller
800 mil points char = 146 (Rank 7) Sib Re Teka UO.jpeg

This is in Asuka

As for my main shard Formosa, urg...

I can only use my 2 of the only 30 characters that have no lose of armour to kick 2 enemies butt, but they got 0 point to offer for me...
so once tomorrow decay point kicks in, I might be saying GOOD BYE to my remaining 1 out of 2 chars with full equipment.

The other char that has equipment still of course is the Commanding Lord of the said faction :), but again hes my thief, not devoted 100% into pvp skill due to the 80 stealing skill points wasted on it.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All faction items should be available to all ranks (or maybe rank 2 upwards), just allow faction fighting in trammel to prevent non pvpers abusing the faction armor.
I would agree to this after they implemented this patch.

K

Kryl

fubar, another patch that shows that the Devs are clueless on what needed to be changed and what needs to be left alone. Faction PvP was the last good PvP on some shards and now you made it really hard for the causual player to stay on the same level as daily players. Decay rate is a joke. Atm you are rewarding the 20 biggest cheaters/speeders of every shard with rank 10, gratzs. This prolly wont bring many new pvpers into te system.

Can i have the name or an email address from someone in charge that actually plays this game?
and i don't mean ...
Devs logging on TC1 for a few mins and watching people there and coming up with great ideas after that to totally change the pvp system.
... i want to contact a Dev member that actually has a working PvPer on a regular shard that he plays regularly.
If there is none, maybe you need to hire one, or people to tell you how your own game/system works.

If you are a Dev and don't play a PVPer on a regular shard stick to handing out EM-Pixalsto the same 20 cross-sharders from all shards so they can make some rl cash and screw the game economy.
thx.

S

SugarSmacks

I'll close 2 of the accounts down and just play one shard / one account until I get bored with the lack of PvP and then shut the last one down too.
You are just getting to this point? Look around when all the prepaid accounts come due there should be some rather large housing opportunitys available later in the year.

I am fairly certain this period of idocing wont be very profitable though because people will have emptied these houses already.

S

SugarSmacks

fubar, another patch that shows that the Devs are clueless on what needed to be changed and what needs to be left alone. Faction PvP was the last good PvP on some shards and now you made it really hard for the causual player to stay on the same level as daily players. Decay rate is a joke. Atm you are rewarding the 20 biggest cheaters/speeders of every shard with rank 10, gratzs. This prolly wont bring many new pvpers into te system.

Can i have the name or an email address from someone in charge that actually plays this game?
and i don't mean ...
Devs logging on TC1 for a few mins and watching people there and coming up with great ideas after that to totally change the pvp system.
... i want to contact a Dev member that actually has a working PvPer on a regular shard that he plays regularly.
If there is none, maybe you need to hire one, or people to tell you how your own game/system works.

If you are a Dev and don't play a PVPer on a regular shard stick to handing out EM-Pixalsto the same 20 cross-sharders from all shards so they can make some rl cash and screw the game economy.
thx.
I agree with everything you said but the very last line. I dont believe it screws up the game economy technically.
The items provide no tactical advantage and only are bought by people who MUST HAVE that graphic.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
there goes my 4/6 chiv necro weaver template. everything is in his pack atm. :(

a few years ago people use to complain this game was mages online. now i guess its stealther / dexxer / d strike / noxxer online.

great. now every pvp area will look as dead as siege does

what a horror show.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there goes my 4/6 chiv necro weaver template. everything is in his pack atm. :(

a few years ago people use to complain this game was mages online. now i guess its stealther / dexxer / d strike / noxxer online.

great. now every pvp area will look as dead as siege does

what a horror show.
There goes my 28 out of my 30 chars right now...

And I don't know when will my 2 other chars be executed by this patch as well...

Uh well, time to sleep, good night, enjoy the destroyed faction systems guys :)

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
i wont digress this thread into an economical discussion which has already been had countless times ad naseum on a plethora of other threads.

i am however in full agreement with the first paragraph of what the above poster is speaking of.

i was told by some that Measanna has no clue regarding factions nor does she care hence the reason why the main reason behind factions (being loyalty to the shield and defending the towns) have remained broken with no clue from the dev team when anyting will be fixed.

this in my mind just reinforces that point.

p.s. i heard she doesnt particulary care for seige either which would explain a lot there as well.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
loving the changes, looks like it'll weed out everyone who was staying in factions for the gear only. Maybe now we can stop the sillyness of all the afk tamers farming silver for a constant supply of rank10 gear on their alts. (and for the love of god...make silver have to be looted off of the monsters, then people wouldn't be able to hide in unreachable areas while their pet afks it for them and they auto-BOS every 5k or so)

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
loving the changes, looks like it'll weed out everyone who was staying in factions for the gear only. Maybe now we can stop the sillyness of all the afk tamers farming silver for a constant supply of rank10 gear on their alts. (and for the love of god...make silver have to be looted off of the monsters, then people wouldn't be able to hide in unreachable areas while their pet afks it for them and they auto-BOS every 5k or so)
you're right about the silver, but that's about it

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK one interesting thing I noticed is on my home shard one of my characters was listed as the second highest for his faction. Using this site: ORIGIN - Ultima Online - Community

Now I know that hasn't been updated in a while but he still should have been way up there. Now after the reset he is rank 1. I am not sure how he went from #2 in the faction and #4 on the entire shard to rank1 but that is what happened. I am wondering if there were characters that had gone inactive a while ago and were not showing in that list but are now being factored into the ranking. Maybe when those long inactive players fall off the ranking bracket people's rank will go up again?

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sooo...the major complaint on the point system changes is now the factions system only rewards the best pvpers, not those that can PVM farm silver the fastest?

Uhh...kinda sounds like...working as intended now

Faction artys in PVP & prior to that the launch of ML essentially KILLED pvp on all shards (Siege especially, 99% of the PVP population LEFT to "shards that cannot be named" when the faction artys were introduced), look back 5+ years, remember the guild castle sieges, 20+ person raids on 20+ person spawns, or heck, remember being able to actually run into people while waking around fel? If i log into ATL and look around fel yew gate ALL DAY I see fewer individual players than our guild alone used to take to protect a spawn pre-ml....

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're forgetting about the physical resist gap.
ehh good call, guess could just do regular folded steels and put the fcr3 back on one of the jewels. my suit was overbuffed for phys and forgot lol

K

Kryl

Why change the system when they don't know how it will effect the faction/system pvpers. There are TONS of bugs in this game that needs fixing.
Prepatched armor/weps, pre imbued artis that never got changed, the "cannot see target" when you cast on yourself are bugs that effect faction fighting way more then points and rank do.
The faction pet and summons got fixed, which is geart.
Factions worked way better on shards that had mass faction points then on the others anyway, easy access to armor was good. The PvM farming with faction gear is a topic thats need to be dicussed tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.