• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Official "The Devs broke factions, now fix it!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

archite666

We are not crying because we just lost our gear.

It would be one thing to take just take it away.

What they did was make it impossible for anyone but the most gimp or exploitative players to get them.

Faction arties are still here but no one I know will have access to them. Thats the frustrating part, no matter how much you farm or how much gold you have, you will never have access to them due to exploits.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, back to the point, did you read all of my suggestions? Because you guys only focus on argue with imbue or faction artifacts! So what do you expect me to reply?
You mean the previous post of yours? No, seems you posted right as I did and I didn't scroll up, that tends to happen when two people are in a conversation here. All those suggestions actually sound pretty awesome. Although I'd add the ability to remove guards from towns a faction controls.

You can't honestly be surprised that when everyone is talking about faction artifacts that people are going to focus on that in the discussion, lol.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then why is everyone crying about losing faction gear?
Why did you quote me saying that, it has nothing to do with faction gear. It said an equal suit, you know you can have a suit without being in factions, right?

The whole point of that post is that this is still a skill base game, anyone who thinks its not is stupid.

Next, to answer your question that didn't make sense you quoted, I'll tell you. Some people like to pvp. I pvp on 11 shards. So when you take away gear, you take away pvp. You see the problem? Some of us just want to pvp and will take a higher ping playing on the other coast to add another 6 shards we can pvp on. There is a reason I took the time to build suits for over 30 chars and now your solution is I have to get x fers and suits for all the shards I already did that once for? Terrible solution, I play casually, this isn't my full time job.

Do you have any other questions on why some pvpers who like to pvp want this situation fixed?

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Given the replies about those who play multiple shards, they are saying you have a to play a lot of different shards to even find a fight if they're lucky. And in order to do so, they need the faction equipment readily available.

Right now very little people actually participate in factions. I hear they do still some on LS but from what i understand the majority of "faction" fighting is champ grinds and gate fights. However simple math will tell you that if you condense the pvp populace over a couple shards instead of say 8 for example, there is going to be more fights. But this isn't likely, so we're left trying to appease the carebears so they can keep their faction gear in hopes we ocassionaly see them come to fel once in awhile.

And this patch wasn't my solution. If it had been, you'd have no points and you'd be actually having to participate to get the gear. The decay rate would have been still 10% and I would have left the rank determination alone.

You'd still have those crying about losing the equipment, but they've been crying ever since they mentioned wiping the points.
It was never 10%, the only thing 10% was the amount of points you get for killing an opposing faction member. It was 1 point a day. Even if you had a billion points. Where did you come up with 10% you just making up stuff now? Sheesh.

You seem like you either don't even play, or you play on one shard, it's weird that you're upset that people who pvp on multiple shards want this adjusted so that they can pvp.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not common sense, your personal opinion...
Tell me then, what's the point of factions? Nothing but artifacts? Because as you suggest all I hear is "give us all artifacts or factions is pointless." That's all I hear from you. Yet imbuing gives one just as good if not better armor. If factions is just about artifacts then lets just do away with factions, add a vender in all the towns to just hand out armor to everyone.

To me factions is about PvP, not artifacts or getting special equipment. The special equipment should just be an option, something you can get not something you need. To fix factions they need to do something different, better options for towns they control (remove guards or add guards to towns), expand the fighting into other facets, etc.
It is about pvp, if you see my posts you'll understand that some people just want to pvp. I took the time to make suits on almost every shard for over 30 characters. It has nothing to do that it's "special". It's available to everyone so I'm not sure why people are acting as if it's not. That's why at least a hand full of people like myself joined on as many shards as they could, they like pvp. It made it possible to play many shards, and have people who are flagged to you at all times. What more could a pvper ask for?

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's because people don't want to have the chore of resuiting all of their characters. It's unfair to expect people to do so after having the gear for so long. It's because people just want to be able to log on and play the game, and you can't do that when parts of your suit are sitting in your backpack.
Why is this hard to understand. It's not fun to resuit multiple characters on multiple shards on multiple accounts. It was an unnecessary change at this point in the game.
Reduce the points, it was obvious what shards had the most abuse of the system, but don't make it so people can't log on and play when they want to.
Flutter if you need help getting new suits designed I can design and build on Chesy and help design on any other shard. I know getting nerfed sucks. I have had temps nerfed on me. I love playing sampires and archers two temps that have either been nerfed or replaced (hi thrower overlords its nice to see you again). I was a bit mad at first and then I realized something. I could still make things work. I started to adapt and raised my chiv for my sampire and added in more pots for my archer. I use different tactics and go after folks differently. I learned and adapted. UO history has shown us that once a nerf goes in it stays in. There have been many pvp nerfs lately. The just fixed the bracket system, they nerfed the bestial suits. I know it sucks to have to make new suits but there are more ways then ever now with reforging and imbuing. What is is what is after each day a revert becomes less and less likely. I hate saying this but after 7 pages of whining its time to either adapt or carry through on your threats to quit. Or you could PM any one of us offering to help and work out a system to resuit you. Its really entirely up to you at this point.

A

archite666

Flutter if you need help getting new suits designed I can design and build on Chesy and help design on any other shard. I know getting nerfed sucks. I have had temps nerfed on me. I love playing sampires and archers two temps that have either been nerfed or replaced (hi thrower overlords its nice to see you again). I was a bit mad at first and then I realized something. I could still make things work. I started to adapt and raised my chiv for my sampire and added in more pots for my archer. I use different tactics and go after folks differently. I learned and adapted. UO history has shown us that once a nerf goes in it stays in. There have been many pvp nerfs lately. The just fixed the bracket system, they nerfed the bestial suits. I know it sucks to have to make new suits but there are more ways then ever now with reforging and imbuing. What is is what is after each day a revert becomes less and less likely. I hate saying this but after 7 pages of whining its time to either adapt or carry through on your threats to quit. Or you could PM any one of us offering to help and work out a system to resuit you. Its really entirely up to you at this point.

Its not whining.

Its voicing our utter distaste for this patch. We have the right. You will not stop us. We do not want your help. Stop trying to dissuade us.

I have seen many things fixed over the years by using this exact method. If you do not like what you see then leave this thread.

Once againt, they did not NERF the armor. They did NOT remove the armor. They just took it away from the majority of people who earned it. And now the only characters who can wear it are either exploiters or Gimp templates.

You do not decide what it is time for us to do. We will continue to share our opinions, no one asked for your help.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's time we called a halt to this. There's more than enough of it for the developers to see who is unhappy and why, it's just descending into personal attacks on each other, which is not helpful in the least.
Anyone who knows of exploits that still work after this change please notify Mesanna with as much information as you are able to provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.