• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Official "The Devs broke factions, now fix it!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The point of arguement here is that, we cannot trace back on WHY they implemented faction aritfacts

Because faction artifacts been up here 4 years!!!

The main point is, we solve the majority problem.

People crying imbalance, imbalance, imbalance, but I tell you, where is the imbalance if we remove RANK requirement for the faction artifacts in which everyone can then be using it?

#2. We fix factions and make it more participation NOT by removing faction artifacts, or asking people to wake up 24/7 to steal sigil or maintaining points to wear their artifact, this is a TOTALLY wrong approach with so many substitutes out there. And those substitues DOESNT EVEN need you to freakin go into 20 minutes stat loss.

#3. To solve factions, it is to create new content and purpose for guarding/raiding base.

Remove the stupid idea of stealing sigil and guarding for 10 hours boredom. Make it a fixed raid and guarding war for ALL and every faction members to participate.

Say for example, every 1-2 night 2 hours

Monday night: battle ground Britain, TB tries to control Britain, other factions try to kill the faction warlord, etc...

Wednesday night: trinsic

Thursday night: minoc

Saturday night: Yew

etc....

Then create opportunities and a community which could even include "ROLEPLAY" in the faction system that:-

Not only the pvp gods or thief gods can survive / important in this system, make it so that EVERY single players whether a trammie, a smith, a newbie would be able to contribute to this participations and systems.

Of course, UO is a game, dont try to make it in a routine of part time or even full time job. If ppl dont want to play, then dont play. But Pub 75 is asking people to freakin online 24/7 and maintain their kill points to the highest to make sure they themselves can stay on the top in order to avoid dropping armour.. WTF, this kind of limitations will just bring chaos and decline of participations to the system and never an increase.
The whole Mon-Sun thing isn't that great of an idea.

Personally I think EA should do what they did with the arenas and take ideas from free shards that are worth while. Arenas like that have been around for over 7 years on some free shards. One aspect that I liked on a free shard was the faction robe you get when you join factions, became more powerful the more towns you owned. Something like that would give me reason to guard sigs if I had a robe with a lot of extra dci IE a conjurers garb that was buffed and scales the more towns you own. Perhaps even being able to choose a hci version or an sdi, just something like that.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole Mon-Sun thing isn't that great of an idea.

Personally I think EA should do what they did with the arenas and take ideas from free shards that are worth while. Arenas like that have been around for over 7 years on some free shards. One aspect that I liked on a free shard was the faction robe you get when you join factions, became more powerful the more towns you owned. Something like that would give me reason to guard sigs if I had a robe with a lot of extra dci IE a conjurers garb that was buffed and scales the more towns you own. Perhaps even being able to choose a hci version or an sdi, just something like that.
Anyways, just some idea on how to revamp factions so to make it increase in participations and majority to enjoy into it. But trying to proven the point that this Pub 75 is not helping factions, its totally destroying it.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyways, just some idea on how to revamp factions so to make it increase in participations and majority to enjoy into it. But trying to proven the point that this Pub 75 is not helping factions, its totally destroying it.
I agree, I just think a simple fix like that would be incentive enough. It doesn't have to be anything overly elaborate. I'm just not happy how the scale down completely messed up those who took the time and effort to get set up on many shards. All that work was nullified in one day.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree, I just think a simple fix like that would be incentive enough. It doesn't have to be anything overly elaborate. I'm just not happy how the scale down completely messed up those who took the time and effort to get set up on many shards. All that work was nullified in one day.
Actually, I have do the experiments, its not only the ranking brackets they screwed up, the decay rate of 1% based on scaling chance is also screwed up BADLY.

My char with 7 points could go down to 5 points within 24 hours. When did the world changed so that 24 hours = 2 days?

HUH, I am confused! LOL

Moreover, any points closer to the 0 will have a lower scaling chance of getting point decay, this is a SMELL of bullcrap from DEV statement as well. Then howcome all my 20+ chars with 1 point become 0 point yesterday which make me can't even ride on my war horse.... LOL... and someone call this Publish is good, holy $hit, these people must be on CRACK.

Ok, let me draw a more clear picture to everyone here about the crappy Pub 75 on factions:-

1. They make decay rate of point EVEN further faster than before (because dated back before pub 75 when I am in the single or even double digit, I don't lose 1 point every single day)

2. They make the ranking brackets so crap that only the top 1% can be rank 10 and top 10% can be rank 7 or higher.

So basically UO is telling us the below:-

a.) you cant play multiple characters
b.) you cant get kill and lose your valuable kill points
c.) you better go and steal the sigils now then make sure no one steal within those 10 hours
d.) you better go and make sure that no other teammates of your faction will exceed you in your kill points or else you'd better pray for the god that you dont lose your armour upon the next login
e.) you better go customize a suit without the faction artifacts
f.) you are better off to quit faction, honestly, because i doubt you will have 24/7 to maintain your kill points.
g.) the purpose of faction is to decrease it's populations because we've too many populations in it

In conclusion, Pub 75 is to tell everyone, time to quit your factions and work on your blue/red chars. Moreover, please just unsubscribe your extra accounts because we have too many customers that we don't even need anymore, our money is flooding!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The easily attainable faction arties, and the easy suits that came with them, was one of the only major appeals left in this game;
None of your three points are unique to factions or even PvP. I totally agree with all of them! The bottomline is that artifacts are key to building a suit these days and the grind to get them using the current game mechanics is too slow and boring. Your quote above sums it up. Arties need to be easier for EVERYONE to get. This entire argument for faction artifacts comes across as the PvP community being entitled to this easy source of arties (and better ones than normal at that). We all think we need more new players. No wonder we can't get any when artifacts and suits are essential and it takes forever to earn them in game. The Devs need to make it easier for EVERYONE to get these arties. I would argue for fixing the drop system in mobs to drop them far more often. An alternative would be to let everyone in UO have access to and use of these current faction arties by a simple in-game mechanic where you either purchase them with silver or gold or complete a basic quest. Dump the ranking requirement which is dividing the PvP community and means nothing to those outside of factions.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of your three points are unique to factions or even PvP. I totally agree with all of them! The bottomline is that artifacts are key to building a suit these days and the grind to get them using the current game mechanics is too slow and boring. Your quote above sums it up. Arties need to be easier for EVERYONE to get. This entire argument for faction artifacts comes across as the PvP community being entitled to this easy source of arties (and better ones than normal at that). We all think we need more new players. No wonder we can't get any when artifacts and suits are essential and it takes forever to earn them in game. The Devs need to make it easier for EVERYONE to get these arties. I would argue for fixing the drop system in mobs to drop them far more often. An alternative would be to let everyone in UO have access to and use of these current faction arties by a simple in-game mechanic where you either purchase them with silver or gold or complete a basic quest. Dump the ranking requirement which is dividing the PvP community and means nothing to those outside of factions.
No, the whole point is it is incentive to join factions. It comes with Risk v Reward which normal pvp does not. In factions if you die you lose 33% of your skills for 20 minutes. That's why you have to have something like the free artifacts to make it worth your time, other wise who wants their char to be at 66% when you could just not be in factions and avoid that?

It's not as if artifacts are difficult to get. In fact you can build great suits with none to 1 artifact. For a mage the orny is nice, and a crimson(which isn't an artifact). For a dexer depending on your set up you don't need any artifacts at all, a crimson or tangle is the closest thing you need. It's not like dexers are using ring of the vile and Axe of the Heavens anymore. In fact most suits don't have many artifacts in them unless they are really outdated with AoF, HoM, Orny, IR. You can make stellar suits without any of those mage wise, with the exception of the orny just lets you be lazy.

A

archite666

Thanks for those of you showing your support!

Lets stay vocal about this.

I personally think the system should be based on stuff you do in fel and not competitive.

I think it would be good if like faction monsters gave points and points decayed like they do now. Then make the brackets 1 rank per 10 kills points and have any number of characters able to achieve rank 10.

That way, everyone has to go to fel every couple of days to continue wearing their arties so we won't have to worry about trammies just joining to wear the stuff. And then there would be fights at all the monster farming spots. Iv seen this work on siege so I know it could work on other shards.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so just been thinking apart from factions horses whats the point of factions now?

Better armour can be created without faction items so the equipment isnt needed.

Only the top 5% can get rank 9 so im sure the farming will commence and people will enjoy keeping that 5% to themselves.

Who was consulted / tested these changes (were they all trammies?).

Lol only problem with factions was the bugs which probably still remain and removing the double tripple kill bonus which was done and reset the current points.

And before someone says statting people that was a by product i joined factions for the uber equip which now isnt needed.
1) Even before re-forging you could make great armor and everybody still wore faction armor.
When this all settleseverybody in factions will once again be using some faction armor. It will still be the same old gimpy reason that 98% of the people join factions for.

2) What is wrong with only the top 5% getting the top gear? Do the math. Maybe it should be tweaked to top 10% but thats damn near the same so its all good as is IMO

Bottom line is that unless they remove all faction gear (which IMO they should) it will always be about the gear.
Man up and get some real kills and maybe you wont have your bogus issues?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I hope they busted it beyond repair !
Seriously need to go back to Chaos and Order. Way better system and is the original..... stop the tinkering and do it Dev.
(I support Mesanna's bid to kill Factions!)

A

archite666

1) Even before re-forging you could make great armor and everybody still wore faction armor.
When this all settleseverybody in factions will once again be using some faction armor. It will still be the same old gimpy reason that 98% of the people join factions for.

2) What is wrong with only the top 5% getting the top gear? Do the math. Maybe it should be tweaked to top 10% but thats damn near the same so its all good as is IMO

Bottom line is that unless they remove all faction gear (which IMO they should) it will always be about the gear.
Why is it such an issue? Listen to what you just said.

Explain to me why the top tier pvpers should get even better gear? How does that make sense? Are the top football teams allowed more men on the field? Can the top boxer use lighter gloves? It is completely illogical to award the top tier with the best gear. How does that encourage pvp? You may not like factions but how about you use your common sense instead of disagreeing with any and all fixes just because YOU don't compete. I don't trash talk fixing of plant growing or better T map loot, or whatever it is you do.

Your logic = I don't participate in it, so break it all.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1. So thank you for telling us that 98% of the population joined factions for the artifacts
2. So you say that only the 5% who play the most, pvp the best, steal like a nerd should wear even better artifacts, while the 93% should just continue to drop armour, riot, die to entertain the 5% or just quit factions totally because it would be pointless.
3. So you've mentioned that 98% are using the faction arties, so if these 98% are using the same artifacts on the battlefield, it is still not fair than only 5% using it? WTF, really doesnt make sense.
4. So when 98% of the people are using the artifacts, what is the problem with the gear then? GOD DAMNIT. I don't know guys, but I don't know what the heck you guys are thinking.

So meaning, if 98% of the people is using imbued/reforge armour and having the exact same mods with the exact same templates, it is called unfair, and it is called "about the gear". So playing UO is about the gear?

CRAP, I am lost totally in which you guys couldn't give a sufficient reason on WHY WHY WHY, everyone wearing the same things would have hurt or create any imbalance. LOL

And then some people said factions is bullcrap, turn back Chaos and Order system. WTF, what is the difference of Choas and Order system compare to factions. Its still fighting oranges! Except you couldn't do it in Trammel for factions. You're still wearing the exact same gear to do so.. Geez... my goodness.... very stubborn... ZzZZzZzZz

A

archite666

Well said.

Who else out there will stand up against injustice?!?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While your right faction horses can be replaced with "swampys" but what make factions horses better is they can be rezzed by anyone... Thus the main reason for faction horses isn't it? Well for me it is.
Correct, this is the main reason I'm in factions too, now you're basically forced to have ninjitsu on your char just to live through dismount/ganks as a dexer.

I also agree the arties in DOOM need to be upgraded. drop rate is fine [sometimes] but with the more people there it wouldn't be as boring.

I'll miss my faction horses though /cry

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see them update the factions horses for each faction. Just something that looks badass would be great.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
5 accounts. 15 years this April. All closed now. Pvp or nothing. No-one left to PvP. Fade away.

Bye.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
5 accounts. 15 years this April. All closed now. Pvp or nothing. No-one left to PvP. Fade away.

Bye.
*blinks* What do you want? A slow clap?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I really did shut down 4 accounts because PvP is ruined due to super pets and super faction artifacts. At one time I had every account I had in factions. Those were Siege characters. Every one of my characters is worth seven of yours. Do you really feel that your 'announcement' will turn the tide?

Factions is beyond broken and arties for nothing is just dumb. Especially on a shard where it can be insured and worn for ever. Factions is done.

A

archite666

I really did shut down 4 accounts because PvP is ruined due to super pets and super faction artifacts. At one time I had every account I had in factions. Those were Siege characters. Every one of my characters is worth seven of yours. Do you really feel that your 'announcement' will turn the tide?

Factions is beyond broken and arties for nothing is just dumb. Especially on a shard where it can be insured and worn for ever. Factions is done.
I will disagree with you until the day I die.

For nothing?

Stat loss?

Freely attackable?

Silver?

Its in order to give incentive to players in consensual pvp without going red.

Yes Kelmo, faction arties ruined Siege. Rather the Devs adding them to Siege, ruined it. Quit being so bitter. Siege is one shard out of many. On normal servers, factions is just fine.

You know what I think ruined Siege more than faction arties? Stealthers+tamers+Gank squads. No investment, no risk characters running GM armor hunting players who fought legit and farmed better gear. We said for years that that kind of behavior would ruin siege faster than anything. I believe it did. You point the finger at everything else but what you don't do is look in the mirror and see that everyone got tired of being killed by stealthers and tamers. You know... like the ones your entire guild ran? Siege was dead long before faction arties. I'm glad its dead. It gives brings a smile to my face thinking of a group of stealthers in gm armor waiting hours together, hiden, waiting for a target to come by... and no one ever coming. Its what you guys deserve.

I remember seeing these same people telling their victims " If you don't like it, don't play here." Now you want to complain?

Guilds like JSV and TnT cultivated groups of people who played UO like Halo. Trash talking, dry looting, rez killing, doing everything they could to grief the other person just to get a laugh.

I hope they all rot in that graveyard we once called Siege.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
From everything I read, factions ain't right on any shard. PvM farm some silver, get yer points, visit the vending machine, apply insurance and leave Felucca. Most never to be seen there again.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

this location on ATL will be a good one to look at,and the small plot next door 24/7 6 chars , cant names as that break the protection of scripter stratics rules, and saying that the GM do sod all and even Mesanna cant be arsed, hence why its time for me to go, no DEV action, appalling Attended scripting IS legal, confirmed

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*blinks* What do you want? A slow clap?
Why thank you Kelmo. Nice to see you are still as biased and out of control as we all have known you to always be. What do you want? Based on your mental maturity, I guess I should offer you a lollipop in return? Maybe an extension to your Methylphenidate prescription?

Syrus..no longer have a reason to play/pay for the game. PvP or nothing. No PvP anymore..no pay anymore. Dozens of folks I fought with and against have also cancelled due to this Dev team and their incompetence. Wonder how many accounts that was.

Thank you for your kindness though. It is appreciated. Have fun and best of wishes to you and yours. :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
this location on ATL will be a good one to look at,and the small plot next door 24/7 6 chars , cant names as that break the protection of scripter stratics rules, and saying that the GM do sod all and even Mesanna cant be arsed, hence why its time for me to go, no DEV action, appalling Attended scripting IS legal, confirmed
If you're sending reports worded as this "sentence" is, no wonder you aren't getting the response you think you should. Let's see...
"cant names as that break the protection of scripter stratics rules"
"The GM do sod all" and "even Mesanna cant be arsed" Um what?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Kelmo, keeping in mind that Siege is a totally different pot of rice, would you be opposed to unlimited, yet uninsurable, faction artifacts on production shards?
That is, it takes no rank to wear the faction artifacts, and you can wear as many as you'd like, but you cannot insure them.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you're sending reports worded as this "sentence" is, no wonder you aren't getting the response you think you should. Let's see...
"cant names as that break the protection of scripter stratics rules"
"The GM do sod all" and "even Mesanna cant be arsed" Um what?
sadly years of frustration let loose here Flutter, beyond caring what the interpretation is, go take a visit, its plain to see what is going on there, worst i have ever seen and the point is Mesanna knows it as i sent her detailed info weeks ago
but no, the report was clear and concise, and left NO room for misinterpretation

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
How about said artifacts are earned by team play or made by faction crafters and never ever left the battle ground.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
How about said artifacts are earned by team play or made by faction crafters and never ever left the battle ground.
Because I don't want to have to make a suit for when I pvp and a suit for when I'm tramming it up.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*shakes head*

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let anyone in factions wear faction arties in Fel only and remove all the "special mods". Problem fixed. End of discussion. EA I expect my paycheck in the mail.

or everyone could just play a mystic.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
*shakes head*
Why is it so horrible?
I don't want to have to change suits when I pvm. There are very few people to fight on my shard anymore. I am not going to just sit in Yew and wait for pvp. I am going to enjoy all aspects of the game.
I kept my points up legitimately on all of my characters. Characters like crafters did not wear faction armor because I never pvp'd with them. Other characters did wear faction gear even while spawning because someone could come along at any time. Should I not wear my faction gear while pvming? What if I want to play my mage at a EM event? Should I have to change my suit or wear half of a suit? That's pretty unreasonable.
Why worry so much about what everyone else is wearing? Who cares anymore?
I'd understand if it was still 1990, but it's not. It's a different game now. Let people easily suit up and play it.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because I don't want to have to make a suit for when I pvp and a suit for when I'm tramming it up.
This is the mentality that has gotten us to the point we are. It's not that you can't do it, it's because you simply don't want to. I.e. you're being lazy.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
This is the mentality that has gotten us to the point we are. It's not that you can't do it, it's because you simply don't want to. I.e. you're being lazy.
Why should anyone have to?
Again, it's a game. Not a job. I just want to log on and play.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Then every one should have arties. it is just a game.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Then every one should have arties. it is just a game.
Ok?
Anything to make it less of a chore for people to be able to log on and play the better. "Arties" have been in the game how long? Most of them under present crafting conditions are obsolete. If people want to devote time into making hardcore suits it certainly involves few, if any, artifacts.
Point being, most people had their suits made before this change. Now most people cannot log on and play because the dev team made their suits fall into their backpacks. It's not "fun". I still haven't had time to finish many of my suits. I still have to make a suit I promised a friend first and I haven't even had time to do that.
It's supposed to be fun, not a chore. I know I keep repeating myself, and maybe making suits is fun for some people but most of us just want to log on and play.

Adjusting a suit here and there is one thing, making it so people cannot play their characters is quite another. It's frustrating to me that some of you don't seem to care that people can't play their characters. If they can't play them they don't log on them. Eventually after you haven't logged on for a while it makes it easier to cancel that account.

It's not like these same people haven't been playing with these same suits for years. Now all of a sudden they aren't allowed to play with them. It's just stupid. There's no better way to say it. It'd be one thing if they'd never been released or been released differently. Hell, it'd be different if there was some sort of plan ahead of time that people could have prepared for. We got none of this. Just our suits in our packs.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am sorry factions is ruined. I am sorry it was ruined even more in a half assed attempt to fix it. Cash was right. The current faction rules destroyed Siege as it was... It will ruin PvP and the game over all if left as is. (was)

After a long cold spell... Siege is coming back from the ashes. If the rest of you wish to cling to vending machine entitlements until the end... Enjoy the ride.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should anyone have to?
Again, it's a game. Not a job. I just want to log on and play.
It's not much of a game if youre just given everything (in this case faction arties). Then whats the point?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's not much of a game if youre just given everything (in this case faction arties). Then whats the point?
I would agree with you if these faction artifacts weren't already 3 years old. If people hadn't already built suits around them. It's unfair to take that away at this juncture of the game, the way the game stands now. Besides the fact that people aren't "given everything". They are "given" 3 year old faction artifacts. Nothing new, none of the cool new mods. If people wanted that they'd have to adjust their suits here and there as necessary. Making the suits completely unusable is unacceptable. Not after 3 years of people having the suits. I say 3 years, is it more?
Think about this for a moment. I have a stupid amount of gold in the game. I can afford to buy all the "real" mace and shields I need for my characters. I can just go to the library and outright buy them. What of those who can't? What about the folks who have just been playing the game for game value. Never invested in "rares" or got lucky at an EM event? What about the people who have never bought gold? The newer people who want to give PvP a try but don't have the resources someone who has been playing since 98 has? Should they have it taken away from them?
People who play UO only to PvP aren't bad people. They may not have the resources or gold to invest in suits that will make them competitive. This goes for folks who play multiple shards as well. I have a few characters on ATL. I suited one up for non faction fighting before this change. Now I have to consider either not playing the other characters or making suits on Catskills and xsharding the suits. Fortunately this is an option because I have the vet reward xfer shield for ATL on my home shard. Other people don't have this option. A lot of pvpers don't have banks of gold. I have little to no gold on ATL. I have plenty on Cats. I'm lucky I can xfer what I need.... if I want to bother. Plenty of people don't have that option. This makes me sad. And this is why I am speaking up so much about it.
The way it stands they have taken the ability to play away from a lot of people and there aren't enough people to go around that they can afford to do that.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
look. my shard has been disparaged, dismissed and pretty much deserted by many of these folks. These rules affect us few that play Siege. I know for the most part Siege does not matter to players or Devs.

I am going to withdraw completely from these faction threads as it pertains to any shard other than Siege.

Do not take me wrong... I will still mod these threads.

I just do no have any vestment in any faction thread. Yer shards are yer business... Factions destroyed Siege. Good luck.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
look. my shard has been disparaged, dismissed and pretty much deserted by many of these folks. These rules affect us few that play Siege. I know for the most part Siege does not matter to players or Devs.

I am going to withdraw completely from these faction threads as it pertains to any shard other than Siege.

Do not take me wrong... I will still mod these threads.

I just do no have any vestment in any faction thread. Yer shards are yer business... Factions destroyed Siege. Good luck.
Remember it's not the players fault that things are the way they are in Siege. It is the Devs fault for making a shard with special rules and then not making special accommodations throughout the years that fit the theme of that shard. It almost seems like you are taking your disgust out on the wrong group of people. I don't blame you for your pov, I just don't think it applies the same way to everyone.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
aye... see my post. I have nothing to say about yer factions... You play a different game. Every faction player here does...

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What gets me is that the system was abused making nearly everyone able to get the highest rank faction gear. Now that they're fixing it, it's considered unfair? It was never intended to be fair.

The scaled points "fix" came form the same crowd that were complaining about not being able to wear their gear. Look what happened. The devs botched the gear anyways and made the points curve lopsided so they can't compete to wear the rest now.

They would have been better off not listening to those who thought keeping all the gear was "fair".

They really only needed to do one thing this patch, and that was to wipe the points. Yeah people would have complained about losing gear and some would have left. So what. You don't want to play because you lose a suit? Ok.

Let those of us who enjoy pvp for pvp continue to play. The I'm too poor and play multiple shards excuse is a tired one. There isn't anyone who can't take the time to put a decent enough suit together to be competitive without faction gear. The rest can quit or play in tram.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
There isn't anyone who can't take the time to put a decent enough suit together to be competitive without faction gear. The rest can quit or play in tram.
No one said that people can't take the time to put together a decent suit. Some would take longer than most.
To say "the rest can quit or play in tram" is counterproductive.

I can't say anything that I haven't repeated time and time again. I am guessing my posts are in this thread somewhere as kelmo I believe merged them all somehow or another.
Fact of the matter is we need more people to play with/against. Not less. If it means letting people wear faction gear with minimal effort so be it. I'd rather have people to play against.

This "fix" was done poorly. The points most certainly needed to be adjusted on a lot of shards. I don't think anyone is arguing against that. The fact remains, not all shards had this problem. Not everyone took advantage of the point farming fiasco. Some shards still had respectable levels for rank. To lower everyone's points on every shard to below rank with no way of getting back up is a bad move. Period. I am having trouble understanding how anyone that pvps in factions can disagree.

Saying "so what" if people quit this game at this juncture in the life of UO is a pretty poor attitude. I think if people had had some sort of idea this was coming there would have been a lot less objections and a lot more people quietly making their new suits on the shards they were able.
I'm not sure you understand the ramifications of saying "so what" if people quit because they can't wear their armor.

There used to be big battles in UO. Then there were big fights. Then there was decent fights. We don't want this to turn into a single player game.
Celebrate having the competition. Don't begrudge people their armor.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Before this faction armor thing... and before tamers were the best... there was always a fight to be found. Seriously. I am done a a participant now.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Before this faction armor thing... and before tamers were the best... there was always a fight to be found. Seriously. I am done a a participant now.
BUT...
We cannot go back in time 3+ years and make the faction armor thing not happen.

(As for tamers... you shouldn't be able to command a pet to attack another player. But that opinion is of the severe minority LOL)

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before this, before that, before, before and before. If everyone only think about the past, then nothing could be acheived. USA won't be USA. Hong Kong won't be Hong Kong.

Before this faction armor thing, there seems to be over 10 times of current populations of UO?
Before tamers were the best? OH MY GOD... not this again kelmo.

tamer, tamer, tamer, tamer.... honestly, I don't play a tamer, but I won't be like people here whining about how tamers are overpowered or whatever. Because, I have the right to player a tamer as well, but I just choose not to. But choose not to play a tamer doesn't mean I should restrict others from using it.

faction armor, faction armor, faction armor, faction armor. Honestly, its so funny, people crying here about faction armor, when everyone have the same opportunity of using it. If people here are whining about the overpowered faction artifact, I think they should also whine about imbue/reforge etc.. because you could imbue your preferred stats mods, it's even better than faction artifacts just in this perspectives. Moreover, you could reforge something on the armour beyond the faction artifacts has to offer as well...

So again, talking about faction armor brings imbalance have only got one comment from me

"non sense + close minded"

Its pathetic totally:-

When UO have no updates, you said its boring
When UO have new content and add in new items, you cry that the items are not suitable and you are not gonna participate into this.

DELETE ALL ITEMS IN UO!!!
LET US HAVE PVP and PVM NAKED!!!
That's what Kelmo wants.

GEEEZZZ, make up your mind.. my goodness.

I have only got 1 main point in my whole proposal:-

1. Everyone should have the right to wear the same/similar as a basic comparative advantage to play under an ongoing long lasting random event system with purposes.

Only this could bring life and the motivation for everyone even newbies to participate into factions. That's all.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Siege is just a poor idea for a shard. The problem with it is its taking two eras and mashing it together. It should either be a pub 16 type shard, or an aos shard. Having a mix of both is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.