• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would like to hear from the Fel players

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All players need to have the right to comment as long as all players keep it civil, PvPers and PvMers alike.
Bringing Fel (PvP/items) up to Par NP but not at the cost to Tram (PvM/items). SORRY IMHO Most PvPers want enticements/nerfs to promote PvP in Fel. Most PvMers do not want thier templates ruined in the name of PvP and are willing to give Equal content to Fel as long as Fel is willing to give up thier content.

The Devs need to hear all comments Pro/Con because IMHO every time you hear 'We want blah blah blah in Fel" a lot of times Tram players feal that the Devs do not give the same weight to them on these matters.
First of all you keep using PvP and Items as if it's the same thing. That's not what everyone is asking.

They want the things that ruined or broke some pvp issues. A second issue is people are saying fel has been ignored, which it has that's not debatable.

No they don't want those things to promote pvp, what we want is over powered things fixed. The same reason people complained about WoD and uncapped armor ignores. Nothing will be ruined by what people are asking for. Unless balanced is what you considered "ruined".

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know what most of these so called PvPers are talking about. I don't go to Fel to earn anything or to attack people who clearly aren't able to defend themselves.

I go there to PvP and the sheer excitement of the fight is enough for me.

People in my guild (which is probably 75% PvMer and 25% PvPers) know that I don't care about scrolls of any kind or gold or replicas or any sort of pixel in any form. Yet I show up to every champ/harrower/idoc/gate fight that they're doin if I'm on just to hang out, help work the spawn or just stand there BSing until the inevitable raid comes.

I PvP to PvP.

With that said.. IMO the only ways to get more people to PvP is to get rid of the reasons people stop PvPing.

1. Do something about all the damn cheaters. Especially all the people running speeder programs.
2. Stop all the crap talking. General chat and board crap talkers should be beaten down in RL.
3. Stop killing everyone and everything that moves. If the other person is clearly not a PvPer, leave them alone (unless @ a champ/harry)
4. Stop introducing OPed crap and then nerfing it 6 months later. People get sick of changing their entire char/suit/weapons all the time.

Most of the problems listed above are created by the PvPers themselves. And while the Devs should do something to stop 3rd party program use in both Fel and Tram, so called "uber pvpers" could turn their speeder and auto heal programs off. But given the attitudes of most PvPers I've dealt with in 12 years, the win at all cost mentality prevents them from doing what is right.
Many people are like that, you're not the only one.

The problems listed are a joke.

1. Page a gm, they ban people, I've seen it done.
2. Use ignore, or don't be in chat if someone telling you "you suck" hurts your feelings : (
3. I don't think you should tell anyone how to play, they pay as much as you to do what they want in the sandbox. If they want to kill everyone why shouldn't they?
4. They always do that and it's nothing new, however it's smart on their part sells the expansions every time. Perhaps the focus groups or whoever is in charge should get better feed back, but I doubt this will change.

I love your last paragraph, because the uber ones are uber for a reason. Those blaming it on programs ect are reaching for excuses. I would love to see everyone without the use of scripts[which the bad players are running not the good ones as people have explained why over and over]. I'm all for that, however I can tell you a lot of these bad players like dexers with no resist in zergs will realize that the good players weren't using anything and it would nerf them[the bad ones relying on scripts]. I would love to see the realization that these players are just leagues above the rest and thats all there is to it.

Also no matter what happens someone will always be the fastest and people will blame it on this, that, or the other thing.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
First of all you keep using PvP and Items as if it's the same thing. That's not what everyone is asking.

They want the things that ruined or broke some pvp issues. A second issue is people are saying fel has been ignored, which it has that's not debatable.

No they don't want those things to promote pvp, what we want is over powered things fixed. The same reason people complained about WoD and uncapped armor ignores. Nothing will be ruined by what people are asking for. Unless balanced is what you considered "ruined".
Then why are there so many threads/posts by PvPers stating they require a reason to PvP. PvP for the sake of PvP is not reason enough then for the (what seams like) vast majority of todays PvPers.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Been here for 14.5 yrs and true PvP happened Pre Pub 16 and AoS totally destroyed any true PvP.:next:
Don't look in any mirrors.
I've been here since day 1 and am still pvping. It's not for the feint of heart. So what you're doing the equivalent of saying you played basketball before the 24 second timer has been put in but now that it was put in it ruined the game. You may not like it, however many of us still do.

It seems you are trying to derail the thread, as you have no provided a sound argument why factions should be fixed, or order chaos introduced ect. None of this will affect those who do willing join a guild that WANTS to do this. If you don't want to pvp, you don't have to.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then why are there so many threads/posts by PvPers stating they require a reason to PvP. PvP for the sake of PvP is not reason enough then for the (what seams like) vast majority of todays PvPers.
As it's been mentioned before players who have been in fel has been ignored expansion after expansion, bringing things up to par so that the original facet has a little attention isn't asking that much.

Second people who pvp to pvp want things fixed which is why threads are made. IE things that aren't balanced, or systems that are broken which is trying to be discussed on how to fix such problems.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been here since day 1 and am still pvping. It's not for the feint of heart. So what you're doing the equivalent of saying you played basketball before the 24 second timer has been put in but now that it was put in it ruined the game. You may not like it, however many of us still do.

It seems you are trying to derail the thread, as you have no provided a sound argument why factions should be fixed, or order chaos introduced ect. None of this will affect those who do willing join a guild that WANTS to do this. If you don't want to pvp, you don't have to.
So you have not read all this thread.:next: I am not the one that posted the :loser: comment now was I. LOL

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy playing my pvmers. I also enjoy playing my pvpers. I'd never suggest anything that could ruin any gameplay but these throwers DO hit too hard and too fast. If i were on a mystic i could stone form and cleansing winds but that also brings up to the other point that, from a pvp PoV, we're being forced to play only a few limited templates out of the countless hybrids available.

There's plenty of little changes that could improve pvp that wouldn't effect pvm at all.
-Toggling specs while casting.
-Lowering the evasion requirements (would counter throwers and allow new classes of hybrid templates)
-and my personal pet peeve is having deathstrike revolve around hiding+stealth and tracking to achieve maximum damage output.

I've mentioned earlier those that do enjoy pvp will do it and i honestly believe Order/Chaos will help the lower end scale.

But to get the large scale group gatherings, yeah something major will need to come in to get our pvpers (that have to support their pvp habit by hunting) away from Shame/medusa/slasher. That doesn't mean it has to be anything exclusive to fel either. Something as simple as a spawn revamp that would allow any artifact to drop (including a rare shot at the famed slither) would dramatically increase activity. But as a tradeoff we need to let tram rulesets have scrolls as well. That way the only people that would be in fel would be the ones that actually want to be there.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you have not read all this thread.:next: I am not the one that posted the :loser: comment now was I. LOL
You and a handful of others post things that aren't related to the topic at all. So yes you are trying your hardest to derail as you have made it clear you hate pvp.

Feel free to answer any of the questions or quote anything I have said in the past few posts that would contribute to the thread, make sure it includes substance and valid points like mine do. Mine are always premeditated, it would be nice to have someone provide a good argument against anything I say as long as it has validity.

Good Grief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The problems listed are a joke.
Maybe to you, but to many others the problems listed have caused them to quit not only PvP, but also the game.

I'm not even going to respond to the rest of your crap. I've already proven in the past that you're a delusional liar and there's no point in arguing with someone like you.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy playing my pvmers. I also enjoy playing my pvpers. I'd never suggest anything that could ruin any gameplay but these throwers DO hit too hard and too fast. If i were on a mystic i could stone form and cleansing winds but that also brings up to the other point that, from a pvp PoV, we're being forced to play only a few limited templates out of the countless hybrids available.

There's plenty of little changes that could improve pvp that wouldn't effect pvm at all.
-Lowering the evasion requirements (would counter throwers and allow new classes of hybrid templates)
-and my personal pet peeve is having deathstrike revolve around hiding+stealth and tracking to achieve maximum damage output.

I've mentioned earlier those that do enjoy pvp will do it and i honestly believe Order/Chaos will help the lower end scale.

But to get the large scale group gatherings, yeah something major will need to come in to get our pvpers (that have to support their pvp habit by hunting) away from Shame/medusa/slasher. That doesn't mean it has to be anything exclusive to fel either. Something as simple as a spawn revamp that would allow any artifact to drop (including a rare shot at the famed slither) would dramatically increase activity. But as a tradeoff we need to let tram rulesets have scrolls as well. That way the only people that would be in fel would be the ones that actually want to be there.
I'm against the last part as I said we don't need another thing that could be scripted and as I said tram it gets abused more than fel since no one can stop them with brute force.

Also some things are facet specific, they get doom, we get power scrolls. Tram facets already get plenty of things including replicas so power scrolls are one thing that I won't part with, it's the ONLY item that's fel specific.

Everything else you say I agree with at least a little bit somethings more than others.

Good Grief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I agree 100% with the first 2 along with the Tactics/Special Move req.

But have to disagree with the last point about DS req Hiding and Stealth. DS is a strong attack and throw in Animal Form. 120 in Ninja for those 2 things alone would be OPed IMO.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe to you, but to many others the problems listed have caused them to quit not only PvP, but also the game.

I'm not even going to respond to the rest of your crap. I've already proven in the past that you're a delusional liar and there's no point in arguing with someone like you.
What part was a lie? Gms have never banned anyone? You can't ignore players in chat/in character? Every I have said is the truth, whether you want to accept or be in denial well that's up to you.

Also I found out it was t-1 not t-3, however it still holds true that I was able to run faster than everyone. Someone will always have a better connection/computer, that doesn't change anything. I like that you ignored everything else though, that's probably your best bet as I was dead on with everything I sad.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree 100% with the first 2 along with the Tactics/Special Move req.

But have to disagree with the last point about DS req Hiding and Stealth. DS is a strong attack and throw in Animal Form. 120 in Ninja for those 2 things alone would be OPed IMO.
DS only hits for 37 in pvp with gm hiding/stealth and 120 ninja. That's 320 skill points to do 2 more points damage than 210 skill point Ai's do AND the target HAS to run to do more than 8 damage. The damage is very high with gm tracking but with the template restrictions they completely earn it.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm against the last part as I said we don't need another thing that could be scripted and as I said tram it gets abused more than fel since no one can stop them with brute force.

Also some things are facet specific, they get doom, we get power scrolls. Tram facets already get plenty of things including replicas so power scrolls are one thing that I won't part with, it's the ONLY item that's fel specific.

Everything else you say I agree with at least a little bit somethings more than others.
Right and i know. But to get anywhere we're going to have to give while we take. We literally have nothing to offer in trade except for a shot at some scrolls. I'd give this up for a fel shot at getting a tangle/doom arties and even a rare shot at the famed slither so that anyone that enjoys fel rulesets can enjoy. I'm sure if they even think about this they'll take in the risk vs reward as to the drop rate.

Good Grief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
DS only hits for 37 in pvp with gm hiding/stealth and 120 ninja.
I've never personally used that type of template, but when I run after being hit with a DS I consistently see damage right around 50 points?

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never personally used that type of template, but when I run after being hit with a DS I consistently see damage right around 50 points?
I would have to dig through my notebook to find the exact damage calculations i came up with but with gm hiding/120 stealth and joat tracking for whatever amount of tiles is needed will bring damage to high 40s

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DS only hits for 37 in pvp with gm hiding/stealth and 120 ninja. That's 320 skill points to do 2 more points damage than 210 skill point Ai's do AND the target HAS to run to do more than 8 damage. The damage is very high with gm tracking but with the template restrictions they completely earn it.
They changed how the damage is calculated at at gm gm 120 it hits for 46 damage.

Its now more based on ninjitsu than anything else.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then you're being hit with someone who has gm hiding and 120 stealth and ninjitsu. For this to happen there is a 98% chance that player has zero resist. This template is very weak and easily abused by [smart]mages who make these zero resist ninjas learn the hard way why you don't play without resist.

Typically they don't have healing also. So they should get beat by smart mages the easiest and dexers a little less easy, but easy none the less.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have to dig through my notebook to find the exact damage calculations i came up with but with gm hiding/120 stealth and joat tracking for whatever amount of tiles is needed will bring damage to high 40s
Tracking no longer adds damage, it was changed when they revamped how the damage was determined.

Good Grief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Makes sense as the DS hit seems to be 47ish every time.

And thanks for the worthless info about how to beat them when playing a mage. I didn't mention anything about them being an impossible kill just commented that for 320 skill points a 50 point DS along with all the other ninja abilities and the ability to hide and stealth seemed fine by me and that removing the stealth/hiding req would make DS way OPed IMO.

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Then you're being hit with someone who has gm hiding and 120 stealth and ninjitsu. For this to happen there is a 98% chance that player has zero resist. This template is very weak and easily abused by [smart]mages who make these zero resist ninjas learn the hard way why you don't play without resist.
I'm glad my Nerve/DS dexer is in the 2% with resist :D .... but I'm probably in the 2% that doesn't have poisoning/parry as well :sad2: .

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Makes sense as the DS hit seems to be 47ish every time.

And thanks for the worthless info about how to beat them when playing a mage. I didn't mention anything about them being an impossible kill just commented that for 320 skill points a 50 point DS along with all the other ninja abilities and the ability to hide and stealth seemed fine by me and that removing the stealth/hiding req would make DS way OPed IMO.
You're welcome. I, like you, did not suggest they were impossible to kill at all.

It would be op if those characters could no longer smoke bomb and hide and stealth?

Seems as though a lot of people complain about smoke bombs, which would be removed from said template. I liked some of the templates that use to be viable like wrestling mages with the ability to deathstrike. They would have to revert the damage where it capped at 40 if they were to implement a change like that.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Personally I think there should be more restrictions on hiding/stealthing, unless the character has stealing.
I do know what you mean (and it makes sense) but this is a game.

I don't think restrictions should be used with any skill that requires multiple skills to get a "full" benefit. Reducing the amount of effective templates hurt UO before, we don't want more of that.

Read the changes here Publish 46 - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Those changes make me :sad2: even though that publish happened so many years ago, it still bugs me that it has not been changed back.

The problem with the changes that happened in the patch linked above (and other changes) is why pvp is dieing. changes like: Tactics being required for specials & special toggling while casting spells.
All it did was hurt character creation. This was NOT a balance issue. The things that were imbalanced were fixed in the Same publish, Which weren't even related to tactics or spec-toggling/casting. :sad2:

Diversity is the main thing UO has going for it, being as UO was more diverse than it is now, shows we're straying away from what this game has, that almost no others do.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally I think there should be more restrictions on hiding/stealthing, unless the character has stealing.
I understand where you're coming from (a PvP perspective) but I don't understand the rational for making hiding/stealthing have to rely on stealing (which is unrelated to simple goal of remaining undetected). It would be like requiring the peacemaking skill so a bard can better provoke two creatures.

I should add that it is already hard enough to stealth around since passive detect was added. Just try stealthing within a few tiles of someone.

Last edited:

Good Grief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It would be op if those characters could no longer smoke bomb and hide and stealth?
A 50 point damage ability that doesn't require tactics or anatomy plus mirror image, animal form and the other ninja "spells" for a measly 120 skill point investment.

Yeah I would consider that to be OPed.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I said before it would have to be reverted to how it was before, so it wouldn't be 50 damage.

I personally think the other things are more useful like images and forms which are already in game, deathstrike really isn't OP, and nor would it be especially as I said if the damage was reverted to how it use to be.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And those are all your fellow PvPers doing all that trash talknot the PvMers or the Tram side of the house.
Why isn't it PvP? Isn't it Player V Player? So what is it you really crave in PvP? Encentives?
Arenas are cool for practice, training, some big poo-talk confrontation (never happens though) or something like that. But they take away the excitement of battle. It's a duel, not a fight. With all the rules that are on/off, it gets funky. I dueled a guy a while back and he was a mage, me a fence/archer. He set the rules and when we started fighting, oh, guess what, my bows didn't work because he hadn't allowed ranged attacks. That kind of stuff makes arenas funky and, well, not really pvp.

On another note, I've heard people (mostly in factions discussions) talking about pvping in order to stat others. The faction fight is a lot of fun getting that kill. Can't do that in the arena. Also, most fights center around a central objective (capturing the spawn, harry, sigil...) that has the defining 'winner' and 'loser' based on the objective. Just randomly killing each other over and over with no focus is, well, unnatural.

Lastly, about the encentives. I think there are two part to this. One, pvpers are still UO players. We are all trained to some degree or another to want bigger and better items. I think that those who primarily (or exclusively) pvp fall down the chute of wanting to have stuff for playing the game like they like. Personally, I don't dig having a lot of items/arties linked to the pvp game. It's really not needed and causes problems with zergs hounding the good items and, well, zerging. The second part is that pvp is resource intensive. I can go fight bosses, monsters, or whatever all day long and not use up anything resource wise--I gain. If I pvp for 3 hours straight (never happens, but if I was fighting the whole time) I would have to spend at least an hour plus restocking the resources that I used up during that pvp time. Remember, I don't really gain anything by winning at pvp (insurance gold, but that's nothing) unless I collect pots/boxes and put them away. But pots get used up. Pvp drains resources that you have to restock, I guess is my point. I think that people want the ability to get some reward back to help fund their pvp addiction. Oh, and it's hard to keep up with all the suits and stuff that the pvmers come out with. A lot of pvpers don't venture into tram very much, then you have people rocking out these new arties and it's like, "crap, now I have to kill boss monster x a zillion times to even compete because this new arty is mad powerful."

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said!!
This has indeed been an item based game since AoS. The pvp crowd has to have the best of everything to compete. To be a top tier pvper you must have a great computer, a great connection and quality gear. Skill will get you so far but it's the items to eat damage, to allow you to cast uninterupted, to regin health and mana and boost you to top tier. It doesn't matter how much skill you have, if you run out of mana before the other guy, that's around the same skill level, you're probably going to die. It's expensive and to top it all off, pvpers have to constantly change and adapt due to whatever is being nerfed next. Of course they're going to find some high end payday to supply the need for gold. Right now all those high end paydays are in tram rulesets. That's why i'm pushing for Fel equality so our people can stay with us and tram rulesets can have theirs.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lythos and Don't Tread on Me

I have to disagree, with items being the best. My suits are always outdated and I only have[had really most quit] that can give me a fairly good fight. Even though my opponents suits are always better that's where skill comes into play. I get sick of hearing people claim that it's all about items. Yes the game uses items, no it's not item based as in if you have the best suit you will beat everyone. That couldn't be more off. It seems that some of the worst players I've seen have amazing suits.

I still think it's a horrible idea to add power scrolls to tram. Not only could they be scripted but they are a 100% drop unlike other things such as medusa, doom, or just about anything else in game. I'm all for equality but again I just want to stress that's one thing that should be fel only. I don't see why fel can't have ONE thing that's fel only when tram has boat loads that are tram only.

Also just to prove my point I remembered seeing a video that shows skill > gear

I just wanted to brush up on the fact that with factions you don't need an object to be centered around. Factions are nice because a small group can win because of the stat timer and you can know who the winner and losers are. However I do like pvping and killing with no rhyme or reason to it. If I didn't I wouldn't go to the gate and look for trouble.

Also to me if arenas have everything set on okay, that is a field fight, with the only restriction is that you can't run away like a coward, it's not as though those don't have plenty of room especially for a 1v1 so I consider based on how you set up those fight that they are indeed a field fight.

I do like them though to see how funny it is how many people rely on consumables. So many players would die in one poison if it wasn't for pots, or one combo if not for apples, it's sad how bad a lot of players are but luckily lots of running with lots of consumables can keep them a float for a bit.

Martell

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I have to disagree, with items being the best. My suits are always outdated and I only have[had really most quit] that can give me a fairly good fight. Even though my opponents suits are always better that's where skill comes into play. I get sick of hearing people claim that it's all about items. Yes the game uses items, no it's not item based as in if you have the best suit you will beat everyone. That couldn't be more off. It seems that some of the worst players I've seen have amazing suits.

I still think it's a horrible idea to add power scrolls to tram. Not only could they be scripted but they are a 100% drop unlike other things such as medusa, doom, or just about anything else in game. I'm all for equality but again I just want to stress that's one thing that should be fel only. I don't see why fel can't have ONE thing that's fel only when tram has boat loads that are tram only.

I just wanted to brush up on the fact that with factions you don't need an object to be centered around. Factions are nice because a small group can win because of the stat timer and you can know who the winner and losers are. However I do like pvping and killing with no rhyme or reason to it. If I didn't I wouldn't go to the gate and look for trouble.

Also to me if arenas have everything set on okay, that is a field fight, with the only restriction is that you can't run away like a coward, it's not as though those don't have plenty of room especially for a 1v1 so I consider based on how you set up those fight that they are indeed a field fight.

I do like them though to see how funny it is how many people rely on consumables. So many players would die in one poison if it wasn't for pots, or one combo if not for apples, it's sad how bad a lot of players are but luckily lots of running with lots of consumables can keep them a float for a bit.
That video can also serve as an important learning tool for all you players that cry scripts and auto heal/cure bots as being a factor in PVP. From that video and others by the user it's pretty damn obvious that being good is about timing and knowing game mechanics, in this case spell timing and spell pumps. Hope that puts an end to one of the more idiotic complaints about pvp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

In my post, i said if you're going against someone around your same skill level the items will win. Chad was leagues ahead of most of the pvpers that stayed around all these years and he could get away with doing that. If you're consistantly beating people they're not in the same level.

I haven't gotten into the high end reforged suits either and probably won't until we hear what this wep and armor "revamp" will be. There's no way i'm going to spend hundreds of mils on a suit and have it nerfed. Point of it is, it's there and available to have to give you a slight edge on the competition. If casting focus and eaters didn't help they wouldn't be so popular even if it just keeps them alive enough to run away.

The scrolls, i donno. We disagree on that but maybe we can come up with something later on. There are people like me that would love something to do in fel besides spawn and pvp. Right now i have to play in a ruleset i don't enjoy unless i'm doing one of those two.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My whole point though was that those who say this game are item based are out of their minds. Do you use items in this era? Yes. Do you have to have the best to be the best? Not at all. I know a handful of people that still have only imbued suits, are they destroy people who has some of the best reforged pieces and enhanced loot from shame ect.

My point is tram has all kinds of stuff and its a 100% drop, thus it could be taken advantage by means that are not legal. I like that in fel you can regulate in a sense even if you have to take murder counts to do so. Like I said it's the ONLY thing fel has so I don't see a good reason why that should be given up when the tram facets have SO much more.

And also to what martell said yes this does prove especially with hands being full so no pots ect that skill > any script. Although that's nothing new and the top tier pvpers have been saying that for ages, you still have those who can't imagine that anyone can posses skill levels that they aren't able to reach.

Good Grief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That video can also serve as an important learning tool for all you players that cry scripts and auto heal/cure bots as being a factor in PVP.
That video proves nothing.

First, I don't know about the rest of you, but I can't see the taskbar and the task manager certainly isn't up. Even if either of those 2 things were visible, cheat programs can be hidden by those who know how.

And as myself and others have said a million times, speeder programs are the problem. But in an enclosed area where running is not an issue, speeder programs don't matter much. It's open field fights where being able to outrun or chase people down that people running speeder programs become really obvious.

From that video and others by the user it's pretty damn obvious that being good is about timing and knowing game mechanics, in this case spell timing and spell pumps.
Part of that is true, when you're talking about a mage duel. My main in PvP has been a mage forever and I don't think anyone would beat me naked due to timing and cycling practice over 12 years. I'll always consider a mage duel the best part of UO PvP and frankly being an exceptional dueling PvP mage is probably the most skilled playstyle in this or any game.

But since most people's idea of PvP is:
-Make a thrower
-Use about 4 buttons total
-Pray to RNG
-If RNG doesn't hit, rinse/repeat
-Talk crap in GC

Skill and Timing really don't factor into most PvP battles anymore.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that were the case small groups wouldn't beat big groups, and they do, more often than not. Typically they are more skilled, and you do have to time spells, offense and defense.

Edit: As I said you will always have someone yell cheat and haxzzorz no matter what, so you have to ignore those idiots who get upset that they can't get to a certain level in pvp. Some people just hit a ceiling and never get past it. So you have to accept that it will always be a part of UO no matter what.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
PvP hasn't been item-based almost at all, the closest thing IMO to item-based UO pvp is Casting Focus, just because it comes from armor/scribe skill, its RNG Not player skill. Other then that it's all timing.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That video proves nothing.

But since most people's idea of PvP is:
-Make a thrower
-Use about 4 buttons total
-Pray to RNG
-If RNG doesn't hit, rinse/repeat
-Talk crap in GC

Skill and Timing really don't factor into most PvP battles anymore.
So true, its either a thrower spammin Mortal,
or some ds ninja spamming deathstrike or poisoning ppl at the speed of light. Combined with certan 3rd party programs, they kill every hope of anyone ever going to fel to try PVP.

The vid really dosen't prove anything, pac man was clearly not a skilled mage. Who cast wither in a duel ??
I bet that if pac man (or whatever his name was) had poison skill, he would have won.

And now, lets hear alot about how cheating arent possible in uo...bla bla...

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like that there is a video posted proving that skill > items, and also he has no free hands and he's holding spells, all things that are based on timing.

He got to use full template full suit, so a necro in armor, vs a pure mage with no armor. Pac Man was better than an average player, not by much, his opponent though was leagues ahead of him.

Soul glaves hit hard yes, but you can still kill gargoyles, and dp ninjas are absurdly easy to kill, most of them don't have resist and healing, and a lot of times they don't have both. Very easy to kill that template.

When you say the things you do kaio that makes me believe you're not very good in pvp, no wonder you think everyone is cheating.

Good Grief

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This dude has an answer for everything. Yet he can't tell the difference between a t-1 and a t-3 connection and claims he was on one while everyone one else was still on dial up. Oh and he also spent 3 pages arguing that ubws is the same as a - mage weapon.

Again that video proves nothing and if it wasn't against the rules I would post videos showing people running speeder programs and scripts, along with client hacks (tree stump and field tiles).

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Michelle thanks for keeping such an open mind. Before you know it we will be turning you into a lean mean killing machine.
I only have a open mind when it comes to pvp because my brother and nephews played UO back in the day. My nephews played in factions so my mom, dad, and I heard all the nasty trash talking coming from vent. I watched my nephews on their reds killing players,warning them they are gonna be killed, and rezzing them or gating them to towns to get rezzed. I guarded sigs when they needed sleep, when a OJ showed up I was suppose to wake them. LOL I was lucky none ever showed up on my watch.
Trash talking doesn't faze me one nephew had trash talking down to an art he would say swearing is for the weak if you have to lower yourself to swear, and personally attack someone when you trash talk than your a low life. 3 rules we live by treat other players as you want to be treated, no swearing, and no personal attacks on anyone in game.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This dude has an answer for everything. Yet he can't tell the difference between a t-1 and a t-3 connection and claims he was on one while everyone one else was still on dial up. Oh and he also spent 3 pages arguing that ubws is the same as a - mage weapon.

Again that video proves nothing and if it wasn't against the rules I would post videos showing people running speeder programs and scripts, along with client hacks (tree stump and field tiles).
You forgot that I corrected myself and the fact that it changes nothing, I was still faster than everyone when I on that connection. It really doesn't change the argument that someone will always be faster and you'll have some idiot that doesn't believe it if they aren't AS fast.

It proves my point that skill > gear. There is nothing you can say that can change that fact.

Yes they both function is an equivalent, that also isn't up for debate it's a fact.

You posting what terrible players do wouldn't change anything, there is nothing you can post that refutes skill is the most important factor. If that weren't the case anyone could be able to be the best at the press of the button, and as we all know that's not how it works. If that were the case then no one player would stand out, but as it is there are players who are tiers above others.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have a open mind when it comes to pvp because my brother and nephews played UO back in the day. My nephews played in factions so my mom, dad, and I heard all the nasty trash talking coming from vent. I watched my nephews on their reds killing players,warning them they are gonna be killed, and rezzing them or gating them to towns to get rezzed. I guarded sigs when they needed sleep, when a OJ showed up I was suppose to wake them. LOL I was lucky none ever showed up on my watch.
Trash talking doesn't faze me one nephew had trash talking down to an art he would say swearing is for the weak if you have to lower yourself to swear, and personally attack someone when you trash talk than your a low life. 3 rules we live by treat other players as you want to be treated, no swearing, and no personal attacks on anyone in game.
Also the option that is in game to ignore players, leave chats.

Why would anyone care what someone they don't know/care about thinks of them in a game? Pathetic if you do.