• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Would like to hear from the Fel players

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Instead of just doubling resources for blue players, can you make a timer of 15 to 30 seconds before they can recall, ect ect, after gathering those resources? There is no risk if they can easily escape.

Jesus, can we get away from the ....it is too easy for the Blues to escape threads....how do we get more lambs into FEL thread....FEL is dying how do we stop it thread....

NOTE 1: Majority of UO hates PVP

FEL is dead because PVP made it so...See NOTE 1
Blues try to escape because they do not want to PVP...See NOTE 1
Murders can't leave FEL because they are murderers and have lost that right because they murder, DEV's don't provide dual content...SEE NOTE: 1
If you want to PVP freely move to Siege...oh wait...Siege is dead because...SEE NOTE: 1

As a full on PVP hater, I have trouble understanding why if it is sooo dammm great, you people can't get organized and kill each other...

Instead, there is thread after thread after thread of how we can lure lambs to FEL and prevent them from leaving...with a bunch of you somehow believing that "it's not about luring lambs in but revitalizing PVP"...well from someone who was around since '99, 95% of PVP has ALWAYS been about killing PVM based players... and that is all these threads are trying to revitalize.

This is another ridiculous thread...
Wow someone pissed in your Wheaties this morning. If you wouldnof taken the time to read this thread you would of read how the majority of PvPers don't want more crafters in Fel to kill, but more people experiencing PvP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a new thought I had as I was driving to work this morning. How about removing all the champ spawns from T2A, keep them in the dungeon, and then let guilds make "guild outposts" in T2A that they have to build, fortify, and protect from other guilds. Maybe steal a little bit from DAOC.....

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear swroberts , Fel is a facet too in the same game we all play. It was the ORIGINAL facet too i might add. If you choose not to go there, that's your business.

These threads have been completely constructive in no way shape or form trying to force anyone to come there. For you to sit on a completely different facet and try to deny us (uo subscribers that prefer playing in Fel) the same content that you have been enjoying all along is absurd, one sided and completely biased. Our subscription money is just as good as yours and we do indeed deserve the same gaming experience as you or anyone else that prefers playing in the safety of a non pvp facet.

These threads are about finding ways to provide equal content for all parties without forcing us to come to tram rulesets and vice versa. Don't want pvp? By all means then, don't come to fel, don't join a war guild and don't join Order/Chaos if it's ever implimented. It's that simple. There hasn't been any push for anything special for fel that already isn't provided in a tram ruleset.

As far as your NOTE 1: I've been in the middle of 150+ man pvp battles. Those players have quit the game for good not because WE couldn't get organized but because of constant changes from nerfing templates, changes to suits (faction armor, reforging ect) along with lack of content to spur large group fights. Fighting over spawns has grown old over the years. Yes, we have been declined 95% content other than spawns. Fel players have been FORCED into Tram ruleset just to get the content we should have gotten from the start.

If you don't plan on providing constructive comments for a facet you say you don't play on, then by all means, please skip over these threads and stay out of them.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
His point was that people run at curse[0 damage done to them] alone. He wasn't talking about redlined ect.
Ya I know what he meant it was about players running when cursed 0 damage. knee jerk reaction comes into play when someone gets cursed, cuz its in their head to run. red lined means the person will fight, but will run off to heal come back and fight more. (Unless they are being ganked)

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a new thought I had as I was driving to work this morning. How about removing all the champ spawns from T2A, keep them in the dungeon, and then let guilds make "guild outposts" in T2A that they have to build, fortify, and protect from other guilds. Maybe steal a little bit from DAOC.....
Order/Chaos will revitalize smaller group pvp and even possibly bring back some 1v1s due to the fact there's nothing to lose. Lowering or even removing faction stat time will revitalize some. Nobody looks forward to sitting out 20min. No unexperienced player is going to even try pvp knowing they'll probably spend their time in stat. It's just not gonna happen.

To bring back the large scale fights they'll have to provide something major that will bring the pvpers back out of shame/medusa to fight over. I keep going back to that new harrower idea Galen Knighthawk had. I think it's amazing to have a superboss that could drop any artifact Fel has been denied of over the years. The dungeon in Khaldun would be perfect for this or even in the open field in Terra. A trade off would be Tok and Ilsh would get powerscrolls and i wouldn't be opposed to every facet getting one as well.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To clarify a couple of points.
In total in the UO world there are 6 facets: Felucca, Trammel, Illshenar, Malas, Tokuno and Ter Mur. There are however only 2 rulesets.
What Felucca players are asking for is not 'all the things that are available in Trammel', but 'all the things that are available under the Trammel ruleset'. That is not the same thing.

Felucca facet is very sparsely populated. I'm not sure where the logic would be in adding a further 4 unpopulated mirror facets. Nor the economic sense in putting development time into that. Most players are also at a loss to understand why the Felucca ruleset players are reluctant to venture into the existing 4 later facets to obtain the things they require.

Historically most pvp players had a pvp character and a pvm character. The pvp character may or may not have been red, but that character would not have been used in pvm because it wasn't set up for that style of fighting.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In total in the UO world there are 6 facets: Felucca, Trammel, Illshenar, Malas, Tokuno and Ter Mur. There are however only 2 rulesets.
What Felucca players are asking for is not 'all the things that are available in Trammel', but 'all the things that are available under the Trammel ruleset'. That is not the same thing.

Felucca facet is very sparsely populated. I'm not sure where the logic would be in adding a further 4 unpopulated mirror facets. Nor the economic sense in putting development time into that. Most players are also at a loss to understand why the Felucca ruleset players are reluctant to venture into the existing 4 later facets to obtain the things they require.

Historically most pvp players had a pvp character and a pvm character. The pvp character may or may not have been red, but that character would not have been used in pvm because it wasn't set up for that style of fighting.
Good points and i'll clarify those the best i can but i cannot speak for everyone, just myself. You're right about us not wanting every mirror facet just the opportunity to get the same arties/ special loot that came with those facets.

Fel is sparsely populated. That's because there's nothing to do BUT champ spawns. After 10 years it's grown rather old. We cannot recall into fel shame so it puts a burden on us to pvm there as well. How many people do you honestly know that recall to the entrance of the tram shame and walk down to the vortex? I have seen people in Wrong since it's not quite a long walk. We cannot farm imbuing ingredients anywhere in Fel. We cannot fight a Medusa, Slasher or enjoy any of the past content since Mondains Legacy brought us Lady Mel and the Fat man.

Why do we want our own equal content? Why wouldn't we? Some players enjoy tram rulesets and some enjoy fel. People are different in what they like. It's the same as asking why someone only likes to garden in UO as opposed to only crafting or pvming. We (the fel players) don't really have a choice in doing what we like. Personally, i do some pvp and i do some pvm and i also do some crafting. I enjoy taking that risk of someone coming into my hunting spot and initiating a battle.

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear swroberts , Fel is a facet too in the same game we all play. It was the ORIGINAL facet too i might add. If you choose not to go there, that's your business.

These threads have been completely constructive in no way shape or form trying to force anyone to come there. For you to sit on a completely different facet and try to deny us (uo subscribers that prefer playing in Fel) the same content that you have been enjoying all along is absurd, one sided and completely biased. Our subscription money is just as good as yours and we do indeed deserve the same gaming experience as you or anyone else that prefers playing in the safety of a non pvp facet.

These threads are about finding ways to provide equal content for all parties without forcing us to come to tram rulesets and vice versa. Don't want pvp? By all means then, don't come to fel, don't join a war guild and don't join Order/Chaos if it's ever implimented. It's that simple. There hasn't been any push for anything special for fel that already isn't provided in a tram ruleset.

As far as your NOTE 1: I've been in the middle of 150+ man pvp battles. Those players have quit the game for good not because WE couldn't get organized but because of constant changes from nerfing templates, changes to suits (faction armor, reforging ect) along with lack of content to spur large group fights. Fighting over spawns has grown old over the years. Yes, we have been declined 95% content other than spawns. Fel players have been FORCED into Tram ruleset just to get the content we should have gotten from the start.

If you don't plan on providing constructive comments for a facet you say you don't play on, then by all means, please skip over these threads and stay out of them.
There is nothing constructive about players talking about how to increase the killing of other players...and if you want the negative out of these threads ....then lets stop all the how do we get more blue players to come to FEL threads. Because any way you want to package that idea...it still means not enough players for PK's to kill....

I have an idea for equal content....TWO completely seperate worlds...PVP and NON-PVP...you get everything yoou want....OH WAIT A MINUTE...you won't be able to kill players who just want to play their style....I guess their money doesn't count...they shouldn't be allowed to run the Harrower without some red screwing up their day....

Ohhh Boy...here comes the if you go to FEL you consent to PVP comments.....which is a short sighted PK view on things. I go to FEL and tolerate PVP, I don't consent...but thats the game and I live with...recommend you do the same..

Ohhh and BTW......All content is available to all paying customers...you just can't kill players in the SA....and that is exactly the way it should be

swroberts

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow someone pissed in your Wheaties this morning. If you wouldnof taken the time to read this thread you would of read how the majority of PvPers don't want more crafters in Fel to kill, but more people experiencing PvP.
For the record...it was Lucky Charms:eek:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is nothing constructive about players talking about how to increase the killing of other players...and if you want the negative out of these threads ....then lets stop all the how do we get more blue players to come to FEL threads. Because any way you want to package that idea...it still means not enough players for PK's to kill....

I have an idea for equal content....TWO completely seperate worlds...PVP and NON-PVP...you get everything yoou want....OH WAIT A MINUTE...you won't be able to kill players who just want to play their style....I guess their money doesn't count...they shouldn't be allowed to run the Harrower without some red screwing up their day....

Ohhh Boy...here comes the if you go to FEL you consent to PVP comments.....which is a short sighted PK view on things. I go to FEL and tolerate PVP, I don't consent...but thats the game and I live with...recommend you do the same..

Ohhh and BTW......All content is available to all paying customers...you just can't kill players in the SA....and that is exactly the way it should be
You have never pvp'd right? Nothing has been said that you are forced to join in the fighting, actually everything has been done to protect you from it. No one has said that tram should be a free for all, though back in the day it was fun.

When you go to fel you do consent to PvP, it's so clear that you consented to do it you had to actually force yourself to click a gump stating as much.

Don't be a hater, join the fight and kill someone.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Only one thing can be said about this post

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Order/Chaos will revitalize smaller group pvp and even possibly bring back some 1v1s due to the fact there's nothing to lose. Lowering or even removing faction stat time will revitalize some. Nobody looks forward to sitting out 20min. No unexperienced player is going to even try pvp knowing they'll probably spend their time in stat. It's just not gonna happen.

To bring back the large scale fights they'll have to provide something major that will bring the pvpers back out of shame/medusa to fight over. I keep going back to that new harrower idea Galen Knighthawk had. I think it's amazing to have a superboss that could drop any artifact Fel has been denied of over the years. The dungeon in Khaldun would be perfect for this or even in the open field in Terra. A trade off would be Tok and Ilsh would get powerscrolls and i wouldn't be opposed to every facet getting one as well.
Order/Chaos Yes all facets and do away with all Faction junk (stat loss, timers and gear). Let the fighting begin. Control of Fel towns is not a bad idea as it gives something to fight over and getting a discount from NPC is no big game changer. This could lead to large scale fighting and to do this then all form of fighting needs to be allowed in Fel towns. Turn off Guard Zones in most Fel Towns but leave a few esp Brit and maybe 1 or 2 more alone. Could you see trying to control Fel Trin.

Providing equal content to both Fel and Tram rule set should IMHO be the very first thing done. While the Tram side would have to run 5 facets to get everything Fel would get it all in just 1 facet. That IMHO is a plus for Fel.

You are one of the few players here keeping an open mind and trying to explain you mind set as a PvPer (tips hat) please understand that what happens in Fel does affect every player in UO. There are 2 very different play styles (PvP/PvM) in UO and both need equal consideration be4 any change is made.

GOOD POST.

Please use these same standards when it come to your fellow PvPers posts. Keeping a cool head and explaining things goes a lot futher then threats and personal attacks. You talking to your fellow PvPers will go a long way in helping with that.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yet another thread derailed. Funy how the topic was about hearing from the Felucca players. But many of the True rammies have had to have their say too, to the point of Derailing what could have been a good thread by Felucca players

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Jesus, can we get away from the ....it is too easy for the Blues to escape threads....how do we get more lambs into FEL thread....FEL is dying how do we stop it thread....

Murders can't leave FEL because they are murderers and have lost that right because they murder, DEV's don't provide dual content...SEE NOTE: 1
If you want to PVP freely move to Siege...oh wait...Siege is dead because...SEE NOTE: 1

As a full on PVP hater, I have trouble understanding why if it is sooo dammm great, you people can't get organized and kill each other...

Instead, there is thread after thread after thread of how we can lure lambs to FEL and prevent them from leaving...with a bunch of you somehow believing that "it's not about luring lambs in but revitalizing PVP"...well from someone who was around since '99, 95% of PVP has ALWAYS been about killing PVM based players... and that is all these threads are trying to revitalize.

This is IMHO one of the best open threads about Fel and if you would have read it you would see that there are some here that are keeping an open mind and trying to come up with answers and ways to help/understand, then there are some here that are not and refuse to give an inch.
  • Letting Old Chaos/Order in all of UO Reds and Blues IMHO is a good idea.
  • Equal content in both rule sets IMHO is an outstanding idea. Leave the Fel Boses as they are but make the Tram ones harder to reduce Soloing them and flooding an already flooded market with the rewards.
  • UO needs a reason for old players and new players to come and stay and to keep its current player base here.
Refusing to give and take will just show the Devs where you truely stand.
  • PvPers wanting new content without giving up anything. one sided
  • Tram players refusing to give up anything for the betterment of UO. one sided
  • Equal content for both sides. win-win for UO

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yet another thread derailed. Funy how the topic was about hearing from the Felucca players. But many of the True rammies have had to have their say too, to the point of Derailing what could have been a good thread by Felucca players
So I guess you disagree with the OP and some of your fellow PvPers that an honest and civil thread is the best way to go. As to Derailing a thread your attatude and comments go a lot futher in spliting the player base and Derailing a thread then people talking about Balance and Equal Content for both sides does.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I guessingu disagree with the OP and some of your fellow PvPers that an honest and civil thread is the best way to go. As to Derailing a thread your attatude and comments go a lot futher in spliting the player base and Derailing a thread then people talking about Balance and Equal Content for both sides does.

1. Don't go guessing anything about what I said. If I didn't say it don't go guessing it cause you would have like me to say it.

2. I have no attitude, if your reading attitude in my posts its you who has the perception I have attitude not the other way around.

3. this thread is titled "Would like to hear from the Fel players"

4. Stop trying to pick fights and derail the topic

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good points and i'll clarify those the best i can but i cannot speak for everyone, just myself. You're right about us not wanting every mirror facet just the opportunity to get the same arties/ special loot that came with those facets.

Fel is sparsely populated. That's because there's nothing to do BUT champ spawns. After 10 years it's grown rather old. We cannot recall into fel shame so it puts a burden on us to pvm there as well. How many people do you honestly know that recall to the entrance of the tram shame and walk down to the vortex? I have seen people in Wrong since it's not quite a long walk. We cannot farm imbuing ingredients anywhere in Fel. We cannot fight a Medusa, Slasher or enjoy any of the past content since Mondains Legacy brought us Lady Mel and the Fat man.

Why do we want our own equal content? Why wouldn't we? Some players enjoy tram rulesets and some enjoy fel. People are different in what they like. It's the same as asking why someone only likes to garden in UO as opposed to only crafting or pvming. We (the fel players) don't really have a choice in doing what we like. Personally, i do some pvp and i do some pvm and i also do some crafting. I enjoy taking that risk of someone coming into my hunting spot and initiating a battle.
You're right about shame, it's a darn long walk both ways - and unlike Deceit, Despise, Fire etc there's no quick way out through champ teleporters.
However you're not entirely accurate about imbuing ingredients. I have essences and abyssal cloth that came from Feluccan treasure chests. I can grow seeds of renewal, I can chop luminescent fungi and parasitic plant. I can harvest chaga mushrooms, I can make bottles of ichor, crushed glass, powdered iron and vial of vitriol, I can fish up delicate scales and white pearls. I can mine fire rubies and blue diamonds and, with a gargoyle pick and ore eles, crystaline blackrock. All with ingredients I can obtain without leaving Felucca.
Lady Mel and the Fat man - but also Prism of Light? You may find it hard to believe, but I spend quite a bit of time in Felucca, and it's not doing champ spawns. You're short changing the facet. It has more to offer than you are admitting to.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Don't go guessing anything about what I said. If I didn't say it don't go guessing it cause you would have like me to say it.

2. I have no attitude, if your reading attitude in my posts its you who has the perception I have attitude not the other way around.

3. this thread is titled "Would like to hear from the Fel players"

4. Stop trying to pick fights and derail the topic
OK LOL

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

They are not trying to bring more players into fel to be killed they want more content in fel for them to fight over, or have their reds be able to go to any trammel rule set faucet. The reds will have to follow trammel rule set just like the blues do. NO killing
This here is the biggest issue
War Guilds, and Maybe O/C
Reds are left out when the blues cross into trammel rule sets leaving reds stuck in fel.
Faction fighting is fel only, but they want that changed to fighting in all faucets.
There is to much bitterness from both sides it needs to stop. We all need to work together so we have more years of playing UO.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but also Prism of Light? You may find it hard to believe, but I spend quite a bit of time in Felucca, and it's not doing champ spawns. You're short changing the facet. It has more to offer than you are admitting to.
I was aiming more toward the essences of the imbuing ingredients. Yeah i missed Prism and i actually like that place but still it was added in ML.

I don't doubt for a min you go to fel. There's a lot of people that do and enjoy it. I am one of them. Sadly i can't get everything i need there.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
essences can be got from treasure chests from level 2 upwards. I either hunt for them in those empty useless dungeons or do the hags quest in Fel. Level 4 upwards also gives sots. I also do any mibs I get in Fel, so if the mib has a map in it, it's a fel map.

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
essences can be got from treasure chests from level 2 upwards. I either hunt for them in those empty useless dungeons or do the hags quest in Fel. Level 4 upwards also gives sots
I did not know that. I have never done those. But do you think it's fair thats our only alternative? What would it hurt to be added to some monter like in the Underworld?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Look if you would of read my post and the rest of this thread , I already addressed this and for what reason I did. So the developers could see it AND for others to agree it was a bad idea.

Plus I added ANOTHER post on what was covered so far by many posts.

What this thread has raised so far is:

We know luring players to fel isn't wanted by both sides.

Order vs Chaos original system is wanted.

There is issues with use of Arenas of not being really used.

Reds should be allowed in all facets but with limits if I am correct?

PS debate still the same after all these years.

I also have the feeling you did not read the rules to this thread which was to be CONSTRUCTIVE and your post is just complaints. You are not forced to post in this thread.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Order/Chaos Yes all facets and do away with all Faction junk (stat loss, timers and gear). Let the fighting begin. Control of Fel towns is not a bad idea as it gives something to fight over and getting a discount from NPC is no big game changer. This could lead to large scale fighting and to do this then all form of fighting needs to be allowed in Fel towns. Turn off Guard Zones in most Fel Towns but leave a few esp Brit and maybe 1 or 2 more alone. Could you see trying to control Fel Trin.

Providing equal content to both Fel and Tram rule set should IMHO be the very first thing done. While the Tram side would have to run 5 facets to get everything Fel would get it all in just 1 facet. That IMHO is a plus for Fel.

You are one of the few players here keeping an open mind and trying to explain you mind set as a PvPer (tips hat) please understand that what happens in Fel does affect every player in UO. There are 2 very different play styles (PvP/PvM) in UO and both need equal consideration be4 any change is made.

GOOD POST.

Please use these same standards when it come to your fellow PvPers posts. Keeping a cool head and explaining things goes a lot futher then threats and personal attacks. You talking to your fellow PvPers will go a long way in helping with that.
Thank you sir. I try to keep a level head. Pvp is not my only playstyle but it is to a lot of people and it's very frustrating when met with a wall of hate like we've been hitting. I'm not just about pvp. I'm about giving people the option of where they'd like to play with equal content. I feel that if the facet has a chance to repopulate itself the pvp will follow.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did not know that. I have never done those. But do you think it's fair thats our only alternative? What would it hurt to be added to some monter like in the Underworld?
ah well. There I have to drop out of this discussion, because I don't see that it's unfair to expect you to leave your facet to get the things you want.
I can't buy all the things I want in our village. I have to catch a bus to the nearest town to shop. Is that unfair?

I'm afraid I don't feel able to support your call to duplicate every item that drops in every other facet somewhere in Fel. On that issue we'll have to agree to differ.

Last edited:

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ah well. There I have to drop out of this discussion, because I don't see that it's unfair to expect you to leave your facet to get the things you want.
I can't buy all the things I want in our village. I have to catch a bus to the nearest town to shop. Is that unfair?

I'm afraid I don't feel able to support your call to duplicate every item that drops in every other facet somewhere in Fel. On that issue we'll have to agree to differ.
You don't have to support it as long as you understand what it's all about. With two different rulesets there should be equal chances to get everything while playing in the ruleset you most enjoy. The only other alternative is leaving things seperated that could perhaps force players to come to fel in future publishes. I don't want that. Nobody should be forced into any ruleset they don't want to play in. That's just how i feel though.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This was written poorly and a terrible argument.

Whats stated by those who actually do pvp and like is that the nerfs to templates and such are what drove pvpers away.

Also siege is a horrible shard because its trying to combine two eras. No one wants to play there because it makes no sense. either it's items with insurance or none at all like pub 16. Siege is a dumb concept which is why its population is so low, plain and simple.

I can only assume you use to die all the time if you've even been around that long and you want to pout about it rather than improve. That's up to you and frankly you're not missed in this thread or in fel :)

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I know what he meant it was about players running when cursed 0 damage. knee jerk reaction comes into play when someone gets cursed, cuz its in their head to run. red lined means the person will fight, but will run off to heal come back and fight more. (Unless they are being ganked)
The point is people are running from a zero damage spell. Why would you run at full health because of curse? That's the point. OMG MY ELEMENTAL RESISTS HAVE BEEN LOWERED TO 60 AND I'M FULL HEALTH MANA AND STAM. MUST RUN. It makes no sense at all. That was his point that people are afraid because what? Their elemental resists dropped to 60? Why anyone would run from just that is beyond me yet it happens all the time.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can you quote someone saying they want 4 more fel facets? I didn't see that at all.

From what I've seen not a single pvper has asked for that.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can you quote someone saying they want 4 more fel facets? I didn't see that at all.

From what I've seen not a single pvper has asked for that.
I myself thought when people asked for equal content that they were asking for the drop side of it but I can see where some may think as the new lands maybe being asked for because they are also considered content. If they did put in equal content (drops) into Fel then that is gonna be one tight fit and just maybe I will see more people around my castle just SE of Skara. Would be nice seeing a Chaos/Order fight from my rocking chair. Just might think about putting in a pot/aid vendor.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I myself thought when people asked for equal content that they were asking for the drop side of it but I can see where some may think as the new lands maybe being asked for because they are also considered content. If they did put in equal content (drops) into Fel then that is gonna be one tight fit and just maybe I will see more people around my castle just SE of Skara. Would be nice seeing a Chaos/Order fight from my rocking chair. Just might think about putting in a pot/aid vendor.
Well first off it would be a complete waste of time to add 4 new facets when they already have issues they have to fix with the existing ones.

Second they are not going to add all the tram things to fel and vice versa. I have no problem with this as tram has the largest amount of scripters since you can't kill them and adding power scrolls would just add yet another thing they could script and exploit. So I'll pass on that. At least in fel when you see someone scripting you can kill them.

I will agree with order chaos is fun and should be brought back. No towns, to capture or anything. Just as it use to be. You represent your side, you kill the others. Plain and simple.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole mirror facets would be a complete waste of space. Granted it would probably be easier to mirror whole codes instead of snipping here and there. The more compact it is the better imo.

I'm not going to touch the scripter aspect since that's another story in itself and it's in every facet.

But either we can push to get shared equal content (arties/resources/special drops) or they're going to keep adding content to tram rulesets and every once a decade Fel may get something big all to itself. I'd rather share than be forced into a ruleset i don't enjoy playing in TBH.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My personal 5 cents is that if there was O/C, a reason to be in guild wars, and reds allowed in Tram (with only being able to attack players orange to them) you would not hear Fel players talk about "equal content for all." The reason players like Fel is because of the risk, not because of the dead trees, not because the cursor is silver, not because monsters and players can stam block (even though that is added risk), and not because of the lack of population. If there is added risk to Tram, for those who choose by joining O/C or warring guild, then I know personally I wouldn't mind taking one of my mages down to a Tram dungeon in hope of an OJ running into me.

There are several Vent conversations nightly that go "Well since there is no one to fight lets do DSP to try and get somone to raid us." I would LOVE to be able to say "Well since we can't find anyone to fight lets go do Slasher and hope that someone comes and raid us, and if not who knows we might get that thing that Slasher drops."

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are not trying to bring more players into fel to be killed they want more content in fel for them to fight over, or have their reds be able to go to any trammel rule set faucet. The reds will have to follow trammel rule set just like the blues do. NO killing
This here is the biggest issue
War Guilds, and Maybe O/C
Reds are left out when the blues cross into trammel rule sets leaving reds stuck in fel.
Faction fighting is fel only, but they want that changed to fighting in all faucets.
There is to much bitterness from both sides it needs to stop. We all need to work together so we have more years of playing UO.

Michelle thanks for keeping such an open mind. Before you know it we will be turning you into a lean mean killing machine.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The whole mirror facets would be a complete waste of space. Granted it would probably be easier to mirror whole codes instead of snipping here and there. The more compact it is the better imo.

I'm not going to touch the scripter aspect since that's another story in itself and it's in every facet.

But either we can push to get shared equal content (arties/resources/special drops) or they're going to keep adding content to tram rulesets and every once a decade Fel may get something big all to itself. I'd rather share than be forced into a ruleset i don't enjoy playing in TBH.
Well the sad truth is even so called pvpers I think would avoid a fight if they could and do spawns in tram for example. So that really wouldn't help at all. Also I don't like that it could be scripted. There aren't two ways about it, tram has more scripters easily.

KLOMP

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Add a mini champ spawn that can spawn in random places at different times in a fel that will only give 4 PS? Let me expand on this a little bit. Its random meaning it can spawn anywhere. It has a timer but it's a small spawn and does not need to be started by anybody. 3 levels and a small champ boss. The times are random also so they can't be camped. This gives blues a chance to roam around find these random spots and also gives reds a chance to find them. Entices the hunt so to speak.
Some dude seriously posted "Hey devs put in lots of good stuff that can only be had in Fel so Trammies have to come and get PVPeed on!" in a forum here in 2012? Man that's retro as hell. Maybe next we can hear how miners getting ganked is awesome PVP.

Instead of just doubling resources for blue players, can you make a timer of 15 to 30 seconds before they can recall, ect ect, after gathering those resources? There is no risk if they can easily escape.
Mmm, there we go. I'm gonna go put on a System of a Down shirt and watch The Bourne Identity, then come back and read this post again so I can fully relive 2002.

No but seriously, I'd be surprised if the Fel crowd even wanted arena combat at all. You could bribe them into it with enough goodies but they still wouldn't like it.

Last edited:

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
KLOMP I like arenas, however as stated before because of peoples ego most are afraid to use them. They could be set up a little better but I still like them for isolated fights without people able to jump in.

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some dude seriously posted "Hey devs put in lots of good stuff that can only be had in Fel so Trammies have to come and get PVPeed on!" in a forum here in 2012? Man that's retro as hell. Maybe next we can hear how miners getting ganked is awesome PVP.

Mmm, there we go. I'm gonna go put on a System of a Down shirt and watch The Bourne Identity, then come back and read this post again so I can fully relive 2002.

No but seriously, I'd be surprised if the Fel crowd even wanted arena combat at all. You could bribe them into it with enough goodies but they still wouldn't like it.
Hey I still like listening to System of a Down, but then again I still listen to Aerosmith and A/C D/C too.

But you are right. The Fel crowd did not want arena combat, the Fel crowd did not ask for arena compat, and arena combat has an extremly limited use to because the PvPers were not asked what would make them use the arenas.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the sad truth is even so called pvpers I think would avoid a fight if they could and do spawns in tram for example. So that really wouldn't help at all. Also I don't like that it could be scripted. There aren't two ways about it, tram has more scripters easily.
They might try but after the 1st time it's raided by 10-15 people and there's nothing they can do about it i say that'll be the end of it.

The arena's, i don't really know what to say. Ego's and the fact more people like open field fights. I don't know. I tried it once and i was so laggy i could hardly move.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My personal 5 cents is that if there was O/C, a reason to be in guild wars, and reds allowed in Tram (with only being able to attack players orange to them) you would not hear Fel players talk about "equal content for all." The reason players like Fel is because of the risk, not because of the dead trees, not because the cursor is silver, not because monsters and players can stam block (even though that is added risk), and not because of the lack of population. If there is added risk to Tram, for those who choose by joining O/C or warring guild, then I know personally I wouldn't mind taking one of my mages down to a Tram dungeon in hope of an OJ running into me.

There are several Vent conversations nightly that go "Well since there is no one to fight lets do DSP to try and get somone to raid us." I would LOVE to be able to say "Well since we can't find anyone to fight lets go do Slasher and hope that someone comes and raid us, and if not who knows we might get that thing that Slasher drops."
It wouldn't be the same if they allowed reds into tram rulesets. I do like the risk of fel. You never know if that lone blue will try to pk you or if you stumble into a guild outing if they'll try to gank.

It just wouldn't be the same if it were just oranges in tram. PS: i like the dead trees!! lol.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They might try but after the 1st time it's raided by 10-15 people and there's nothing they can do about it i say that'll be the end of it.

The arena's, i don't really know what to say. Ego's and the fact more people like open field fights. I don't know. I tried it once and i was so laggy i could hardly move.
What shard are you having 10 to 15 raid on? That's sad that that's shocking and unheard of.

The arenas aren't laggy at all, I've never had an issue with them, also you can set them up as a field fight.

I like them because you can have anything you want or don't want, but it stops the most difficult part of pvp...keeping someone on screen.

Sorry but I can't see the point to adding scrolls to a spot that blues can script all day.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard are you having 10 to 15 raid on? That's sad that that's shocking and unheard of.

The arenas aren't laggy at all, I've never had an issue with them, also you can set them up as a field fight.

I like them because you can have anything you want or don't want, but it stops the most difficult part of pvp...keeping someone on screen.

Sorry but I can't see the point to adding scrolls to a spot that blues can script all day.
I was speaking hypothetically in terms if someone did a tram spawn the amount of people that could/would and probably will just walk in.

I had that one experience with the arena and it was horrible lag for me. Might have just had a bad lag night but i don't have the best connection in the land either.

I understand your point about not wanting scrolls in tram but eh my point of view is i'd do a trade off for something else that could repopulate fel. Give people something to do and they will come.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was speaking hypothetically in terms if someone did a tram spawn the amount of people that could/would and probably will just walk in.

I had that one experience with the arena and it was horrible lag for me. Might have just had a bad lag night but i don't have the best connection in the land either.

I understand your point about not wanting scrolls in tram but eh my point of view is i'd do a trade off for something else that could repopulate fel. Give people something to do and they will come.
If its in both fel and tram everyone will pick tram because its the easier way to go.

I don't see how this would bring people back to fel, if anything it would just drive more away.

As is you can already spawn whenever you want on a plethora of shards. Anyone complaining is kind of stupid imho. Lets worry about things that would help pvp and caused people to leave. IE throwing and cleansing winds + prot. Templates being reduced so everyone is playing the same thing. Things that actually drove people away instead of things that "might" bring people from tram to fel.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well first off it would be a complete waste of time to add 4 new facets when they already have issues they have to fix with the existing ones.
Please reread this and show me where I said anything about adding all lands with a Fel rule set.
I myself thought when people asked for equal content that they were asking for the drop side of it but I can see where some may think as the new lands maybe being asked for because they are also considered content.
I said I could see where someone may have thought that but I did not. I also agree that it would be a total waist of assets to mirror all lands and if people think Tram looks underpopulated then all 5 lands under Fel rule set would be even worse.
Second they are not going to add all the tram things to fel and vice versa. I have no problem with this as tram has the largest amount of scripters since you can't kill them and adding power scrolls would just add yet another thing they could script and exploit. So I'll pass on that. At least in fel when you see someone scripting you can kill them.
But if you looked at this
Equal content in both rule sets IMHO is an outstanding idea. Leave the Fel Boses as they are but make the Tram ones harder to reduce Soloing them and flooding an already flooded market with the rewards.
you would see that I have taken Tram side scripters into account. This is from post #114.
I will agree with order chaos is fun and should be brought back. No towns, to capture or anything. Just as it use to be. You represent your side, you kill the others. Plain and simple.
If this is all it would take to bring all the PvPers back and keep them happy then great. Sad to say IMHO I do not think this would happen because all the threads asking for incentives to be added so there is a reason to PvP. I remember Old O/C and watching some amazing fights and because I was not in O/C was for the most part left alone. Not much fun killing a Crafter/Mule. And by the way that rocking chair I was talking about would be in Fel as that is where my Castle is located.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's where we differ. I'm not a full time pvper. I do enjoy it and i realize exactly why people quit but i also like pvm and would like fel to have an equal chance for actually being a home facet not just a place to pvp.

The throwing and mystic is already being looked at for review. As far as everything else, every nerf has a ripple effect that causes something else to become OP. People get tired of changing suits, macros and skills around all the time because it's nerfed where it's useless. The Devs need a Fel and PvP consultation group of players that know whats going on and what needs to be fixed.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

As stated be4
Letting Old Chaos/Order in all of UO Reds and Blues IMHO is a good idea.
I am all for going back to the Old O/C system but as just stated
If this is all it would take to bring all the PvPers back and keep them happy then great. Sad to say IMHO I do not think this would happen because all the threads asking for incentives to be added so there is a reason to PvP.
The Old O/C system might even bring back a reason for Smith/Tailors considering there was no insurence back then, LOL. WOW PvP fights in GM made armor/weps, YES.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please reread this and show me where I said anything about adding all lands with a Fel rule set.
I said I could see where someone may have thought that but I did not. I also agree that it would be a total waist of assets to mirror all lands and if people think Tram looks underpopulated then all 5 lands under Fel rule set would be even worse.
But if you looked at this
you would see that I have taken Tram side scripters into account. This is from post #114.
If this is all it would take to bring all the PvPers back and keep them happy then great. Sad to say IMHO I do not think this would happen because all the threads asking for incentives to be added so there is a reason to PvP. I remember Old O/C and watching some amazing fights and because I was not in O/C was for the most part left alone. Not much fun killing a Crafter/Mule. And by the way that rocking chair I was talking about would be in Fel as that is where my Castle is located.
Do you have trouble reading? Where did I say YOU said that? You have a huge problem with reading comprehension.

There isn't anything anyone could do if tram spawns are being scripted. Again tram caters to scripters, in fel you can kill them, that is not up for debate.

No they aren't asking for incentives to bring people to fel, they want some more content since they lose out on 5 facets. Being a blue is easier in every aspect, and you don't miss out on anything. That's what they are saying. They want to have SOME of things that tram has. There is a difference between trying to lure people to a facet and making it so that it gets content. 2 dungeons in 10 years is pretty horrible.

It would make a huge difference and would be what pvpers want. The problem is its a day late and a dollar short a lot of people have quit and gone to free shards or other games while selling their accounts that were set up for multiples shards ect. There are people like myself who are rooted from back and the day that like to pvp just to pvp. Why you say that doesn't exist is beyond me. If that were the case yew gate would not be a hot spot.

I beg to differ I love killing a crafter/mule when someone is scripting. I don't care where you sit, no ones putting a gun to your head. If you hate fel no ones making you come to it.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As stated be4
I am all for going back to the Old O/C system but as just statedThe Old O/C system might even bring back a reason for Smith/Tailors considering there was no insurence back then, LOL. WOW PvP fights in GM made armor/weps, YES.
If you want that there are free shards for that, however the way the game as evolved that would never happen. Too many new skills/pets/weapons ect

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's where we differ. I'm not a full time pvper. I do enjoy it and i realize exactly why people quit but i also like pvm and would like fel to have an equal chance for actually being a home facet not just a place to pvp.

The throwing and mystic is already being looked at for review. As far as everything else, every nerf has a ripple effect that causes something else to become OP. People get tired of changing suits, macros and skills around all the time because it's nerfed where it's useless. The Devs need a Fel and PvP consultation group of players that know whats going on and what needs to be fixed.
A focus group is not a bad idea as long as they have an understanding of both PvP and PvM because the Devs have never found a way to seperate the two when it comes to balance. What ever you do to one side changes the way the other side of the coin works.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you have trouble reading? Where did I say YOU said that? You have a huge problem with reading comprehension.
UMMMM when someone quotes someone and then makes a statment like you did it is very easy to understand that you where saying that I said it.