• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Wish they'd change the Non-Vermin Champ Spawns so they are good too.

G

galefan2004

You went from being a part time pvper, to one who hasnt in a long time, to someone who just gave it up....so which is it? The drama is only what you make of it, which for the record...I have seen alot more drama from my tram sided guilds than I ever saw from fel.
Where did I say that I haven't in awhile. I said I won't be pvping anymore. You ASSUMED that meant I haven't in awhile. Actually I quit this week after some major drama issues. I also never said I was a part time PvPer. Again you ASSUMED that I was. Actually, I pvp probably more than I farm for gold. Now I have stopped PvPing (just recently) and I don't really have a reason to log into the game. I've been with zerg guilds and small guilds over the years. I like the feeling of being in small guilds better. In the end, I just want to spawn in peace, but I don't mind defending a spawn against an even number of oponents...the only problem is that it has gotten to the point that if a raid guild knows they can't outnumber you 2 to 1 they don't actually bother to show up.

Guild alliances? WTF!!!! There are more trammel allied guilds than you will ever find allied guilds in fel. Please quit trying to string random crap together.
I'm telling you what happened. None of that is fabricated. I have never seen a guild alliance IN FELUCCA work out. I have been in many PvP guilds over 8 years and never once has an alliance actually worked out. The PvM alliances in Trammel never suffer the same issues...that kind of says something right there.

FYI...been playing since 99 on my own accounts...since 98 on a freinds. 8 years of playtime doesnt hold water to me based upon the crap that I see spewed on my screens reading these boards.
I've read just as many posts over the years that PvMers should all have to PvP too. I just pointed out that the easy solution to fix spawns from being gank fests is to take them out of Felucca. Thats the easy solution. If you would care to explain how to lessen the risk of spawns being gank fests (and lets face it guilds have stopped doing spawns because they are gank fests) then please enlighten me.

G

galefan2004

I've stopped reading your ridiculous posts. You literally are the most biased whiner I have ever seen on these forums, which is quite a feat.

P.S. When Connor aka. king of the trammies, is WTFPWNing every one of your points, you really should just admit defeat and move on.
Dude...what I have forgotten about how to play this game is more than you actually know about it. I'm not the one making FACT posts on other forums that I prove wrong time and time again. You my friend have no real say in calling me a whiner. Especially with some of the posts you have made. I'm not even whining.

I've done plenty of champ spawns. I've lost plenty of them. I've gotten scrolls from plenty of them. In that time, I have always remained a true trammelite. I'm not ashamed of that fact. I just don't think that PvM events belong in Felucca. Felucca is susposed to be about PvP.

G

galefan2004

Then by your own logic AND terminology, for 8 years you were a scum sucking scripter.

If that's not the case, then you're a hypocrite.

So.....which is it?

:owned:

:stretcher:
Wouldn't you like to know? In reality its probably a little of both, but hell at least I'm honest about it.

G

galefan2004

well...I wont dispute anymore of your posts. all I ask is just dont be so quick to be judgemental of others and what the do or dont do. if you are frustrated take a break reather than posting about it, as angry or frustrated posting will hardly ever get what you are thinking acrossed to the reader. I really do not like seeing this game go downhill either btw...
My point is to keep people posting and to vent my own frustrations. Until I get banned from Stratics they are my own personal venting boards. Think about it, when I'm posting its because I don't feel like logging into the game. I don't feel like logging into the game because I am upset with the game. I am upset with the game because of issues that I vent about.

So, in the end I end up venting on the boards and arguing with people over stupid crap, but at least it keeps the posts going. I mean, what are you going to do to get back the morning I just managed to borrow from you? I had a joyous morning of being called an idiot, a ******, and a clown. I probably deserved at least half of it.

In the end, I know that my point will never get accross. I have been a huge advocate of con only pvp for 8 years. I have been against spawns being in Felucca for 8 years. I have been very vocal about both for 8 years. Back in the day, when I posted about stuff like this I used to get people to agree with me.

I

Intoxication

My alliance is great. btw we are fel guilds.
how can you say that there has never been a trammy alliance that fell?

And i have found in my experience that most all pvpers are much better at the pvm end of this game then pure pvmers. pvpers know how to work together and don't get there feelers hurt when someone gives them orders. I for one can solo most all the peerless, i have yet to really find a monster in the game i couldn't beat solo if i put the time into doing it.

I

Intoxication

btw colter i love your sig. I look forward to killing the scripters in the painted caves on the shard i play.

C

Crow

Wow...looks like certain people put some time in to this thread today...

Honestly I stopped reading about halfway through page one, when it got so far off topic and rediculus my eyes and brain started hurting (having family guy on in background wasn't helping either)...I just started skimming for Colters responses, which made me laugh...haha

One part I will respond to however, is the idea of pvp in fel having something to do with greifing. That is insane...when I sit down with buddies and play games like Halo, I don't call him a greifer and go back to single player mode if and when I die.

Guess a more then a few people are pretty stuck in their ways, as I am. So some of you keep doing...whatever it is you do, your posts are so all over the road I really have no idea where you're coming from or what it is you want.

The rest of us will keep fighting and spawning while the game is still around.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm glad someone else finds the humor in all of this. I seriously spend most my time on these forums laughing my ass off at the entire concept.

Imagine telling someone 50 years ago that one day it would be considered completely normal to sit around and argue about fake worlds all day and night on this thing called the internet..... They'd have thought you were crazy..... Which we are!!!!

Hope no one takes any of this seriously, cause I sure don't. :)

Oh and yeah Family guy is some entertaining stuff, I usually watch it on the cartoon network before I go to bed.

R

Revenant2

Welll...............

The suggestion to move powerscroll-producing champ spawns out of Fel's exclusive domain would kinda leave Fel with nothing to fight for. If it were to be done, assuming the general situation today were to be preserved, something would need to be introduced to replace that part of the system. People and guilds would need something materially new to compete for.

I won't complain if there is something new and big on the horizon that will make Fel players think, pff, power scrolls, who cares! But, it seems a bit wasteful of time and resources to make up a new thing that people will be willing to fight for when one is in place already which, although it's having its problems, it does the job.

The way power scrolls are come about in Fel cannot work properly in Tram. Tram has many systems in place to force players to only get FAIR LOOT as a reward for FAIR PARTICIPATION. The most involved display of a system like this is the whole means of getting into a peerless (this system exists in both Fel and Tram but is mainly associated with 'trammie' activities). Peerless keys are frequently best gotten by a team, and then one person acts as the final controller of the keys to get that one person's chosen team into the peerless itself. Nobody can force their way into of a peerless, nobody imagines trying, the system is too well designed to allow that kind of interference.

As a contrast, the system by which Fel champ spawns are done and power scrolls are delivered to the players' packs (and are even UNINSURABLE (cursed) on top of it all!) invites interference from other players. There is no true team recognized by anything except the damage done to the boss and guess what - - the boss can be almost dead, and then another team can heal it all the way back up and kill it again! If raiders skip this step, the original spawners get a portion of the scrolls, assuming they are alive and on the subserver.

If you attempted to interject the Fel power scroll drop straight into a Tram champ spawn, at least two problems would be encountered. One is that too many of the interference-allowing elements would not work properly within the Trammel ruleset.

Someone else already said much the same thing but simplified it to describing what would happen as 'griefing', which is similar but not quite right. It's not quite griefing in that environment when everyone and his brother comes up to whack on a champ in Tram, trying to snag a scroll for themselves: It would be a malfunction of the fair-loot for fair-participation deal. It would be a long, drawn-out kill of a big monster after SOMEBODY worked the spawn all the way through, and then part of each person's loot might include a power scroll.

The second and biggest problem is that, design-wise, it would be destructive to the system UO has in place to do such a thing with a high-end item such as power scrolls. Note that "ingreds", crimsons, ML hair dye, Travesty masks, and so on come on peerless, not just a monster that stands around and the whole shard can beat on it at once. The difficulty of Peerless bosses is tuned for the number of players who will attempt to do it (2 to 15 people or so, 2 being an extremely small number and perhaps unintended). If Travesty were thrown out in the middle of Tram T2a for the whole shard to freely attack at will, the shard would eventually have killing it down to a system. Taking the Champ Spawn bosses and throwing them out there like abandoned, party-less peerless would represent the same mistake.

To be made to work sensibly, the champ spawn in Tram would have to be integrated into an instance-like situation, like Peerless are, to cause the number of players that would engage it to be correct for the spawn and the boss' level of difficulty. In doing that, you already have radically changed the whole system behind "champ spawns", basically making a new peerless where getting the keys is working up the spawn and then killing the champ is like the peerless boss.

I'm not suggesting doing this or not doing it, I'm just pointing out how it would be. If there's something new and great coming soon that we get to fight for in Fel, and it works just as well as Power Scrolls, then they can do whatever they like with the scrolls as far as I'm concerned. But the point is that power scrolls cannot simply be dumped into Tram champ spawns without messing stuff up not only for Fel but for the whole situation surrounding Power Scrolls.

-----------------------------------------------

I'd asked a question in a prior post and not gotten it answered:

and before you go crying about my post. I remember when we started our guild. We all had some PVP experience but far from great. We went out and did spawns on a fairly big shard with 4-6 people during prime time hours. Yes we got raided but that didn't make us cry, that didn't push us to tram, that made us learn. We kept coming back for more when we got raided. Yeah for a long time we were just a small thorn in there side but after a while we gave them a run. We put our minds to it and we learned how to hold them off. If you get killed then come to stratics to cry maybe you should be using that time to learn.
When did you start your guild (month/year)?

Your description of the situation sounds to me like your small guild's experiences happened BEFORE the champs were boosted up.

Coming from that position: The situation experienced by your young guild, as it was was persistantly working spawns and fighting, was better than it is today. Back then, Reptile and Arachnid (before that temporary Dread Spider buff) were within the line-up of spawns that a smaller, less-specialized team would feel they had the ability to complete. Guilds today have only Vermin spawns in that list.

..... which brings us back to the original point of the thread, which was that guilds today are struggling with the difficulty of the non-vermin champ spawns such that they often do not even try them, and I think that sucks.

Putting the spawns back exactly as they were at the time of your guild's early spawning and fighting efforts would represent an improvement of the situation. That is, however, not my suggested fix - I think each level of all of the difficult spawns should be examined and adjusted to be workable with similar speed and difficulty to how Barracoon goes. IMO a guild should be able to charge up to any of these revolving-spawn T2a champ spawn altars, pop it, and get down to work on whatever they get with perhaps only a few changes to the chars they prefer to have there. There's no sense to having a guild pop spawn after spawn and walk away from each one, which is in essence what is happening today.