Wish they'd change the Non-Vermin Champ Spawns so they are good too.

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
G

galefan2004

I'm not going to beat the dead horse. I say let them have the champ spawns because that is truly all they have left. If they remove them from fel without completely overhauling the pvp system in this game (and probably still) they will lose all of those players.
They will lose 20-30 players in Felucca. If they would have fixed the system a long time ago, and moved them out of Felucca they would have retained 10x that number. The people that were in small spawn guilds mostly moved on, and a lot players refused to buy scrolls out of principle. Its the same thing as buying blood diamonds from Africa. I chose to not buy things that I know came from someone else's discomfort, but yet in UO you either do that or go without 120s.

G

galefan2004

I just looked up some information on our forum. I'm keeping it short to try to avoid being tedious.

This is the number of champs we have done in the past:

October 49
November 46
Champ changes in effect shortly before November 30
December 2
January 8
February 1
March 1
April 1
May 1
June none so far

Any question about what happened here?
I'm betting that like almost all guilds you have also been hemoraging members like crazy. Its amazing that no fell guild is without drama, and the worst of the worst always seems to flock together and that is where most of your raid guilds come from. The fact that this game is dominated by trash to begin with kind of creates a problem.

G

galefan2004

What if......

They made it so that parties involved in a champ spawn can't be attacked in fel. :gee:
If you insist on keeping spawns in Felucca. Then I believe they should function very much like peerless. You should have an exclusive area to do the spawns that no other guild can get into after you have reached the second level of the spawn. That area should have 2-3 exits that can easily be camped by the zerg spawns. You would have to escape with the scrolls when the spawn is all finished, and if you die you lose the scrolls.

How is it that when they made ML they realised there was a problem in Felucca with spawns, so they went out of their way to try to remedy that issue when creating peerless, but they never bothered to fix spawns?

G

galefan2004

The only thing I see here is a bunch of whiny babies. Jeeze, if you goto fel and you die what happens???? you lose 3k and like 20 minutes of your time. If you don't like the fact that other guilds are dominating the spawns then do something about ya bunch of cry baby scrubs. Go get a decent guild that can do spawns and quit wasting your time with people who cant, simple enough. If you really want something bad enough then you'll work to get it. By the way they should buff all the spawns instead of bringing them down. Make the price of scrolls actually worth something nowadays, on gl my shard its actually down to 13 mil for a 20 magery which teeters on the edge of pathetic.
Thanks for your opinion. So you would have me screw over my friends by joining guilds that are killing my friends simply so I can get ahead and get what I want? Should I use the same illegal programs those major zerg guilds run to just to get ahead?

Unfortunately for me, I have a conscious and a back bone, and I am not about to side with the largest raid guild on the server at the expense of someone I call a friend. Obviously, it is easier for you. Then again its easier for most people that I refer to as Felucca trash as well.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
I'm not going to beat the dead horse. I say let them have the champ spawns because that is truly all they have left. If they remove them from fel without completely overhauling the pvp system in this game (and probably still) they will lose all of those players.

You are aware that a large portion of those who play in fel play in tram no? The risk is not to losing felluca players only, but players who frequent both trammel and felluca. Perhaps this might be a bit off topic but I always get frustrated with people who differentiate between the two. In fact, there is a good chance that the person you talk to in guildchat is also the same person killing your miner in felluca.

In regards to making things easier or better??? Um....no. If things are too tough, leave the kitchen until you can fall under the tutelage of the proper *chef*. Dont try and give me a tuna sandwich when the sushi is too hard for you to make.

G

galefan2004

That second one is the one I'd like to see. It's such a waste for things NOT to be like that! Things would be so much more interesting for guilds of all sizes this way. Why even have all of these champ spawn altars if the situation is going to resemble #1?
The second one never happens. What happens instead is the people in the low population guilds with no self-respect go to kill people they knew as friends for years when they join the larger guilds.

Those with self-respect simply log out of the game after having enough and don't log back in for a couple years or so.

Normally most people actually do have some self-respect, so this normally ends up being a very bad thing for UO.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
The second one never happens. What happens instead is the people in the low population guilds with no self-respect go to kill people they knew as friends for years when they join the larger guilds.

Those with self-respect simply log out of the game after having enough and don't log back in for a couple years or so.

Normally most people actually do have some self-respect, so this normally ends up being a very bad thing for UO.

Excuse me, but self respect has nothing to do with playing both the fel and tram aspects of the game. The real problem is the people who cannot differentiate between the two. If your buddy kills you on his fel char let him know *good job*. It sure beats tellilng him *fook u*.

If you dont want to face being run down by a buddy in fel then DONT GO THERE! However dont throw self respect into it. That is no better than name calling.

G

galefan2004

In regards to making things easier or better??? Um....no. If things are too tough, leave the kitchen until you can fall under the tutelage of the proper *chef*. Dont try and give me a tuna sandwich when the sushi is too hard for you to make.
Thats all well and good, but don't complain because you are starving. The vast majority has already decided to move on mostly because of people like you that told them not to complain, they suck, they should just leave. Let them keep leaving, and in November when WAR needs more resources, and this game has about 10,000 players left I really doubt EA is going to hold back on the decision to move all of the UO resources to WAR and pull the plug. We all knew that WAR would most likely be the death of UO, but it is important to point out that people that have said either suck it up or leave are part of the reason most people chose to just leave.

In WoW, I actually care about PvP, and I am actually good at PvP. It could be argued that WoW pvp is easier. It most likely is, but the reason it is is because it has such a low entry fee. You earn gear through pvp, you don't have to spend millions on a suit just to pvp, you don't have to risk losing that suit (we all know that insurance isn't 100% even when it says insured), and you don't have to deal with almost every other person running whatever program they can get their hands on to make them better at pvp.

In UO, I refuse to spend the gold and the time and then risk my account being banned simply because I choose to PvP. That means, I spawn (or at least I used to), and I let my guild defend, and I only mess with the reds when they get close enough to mess with. I understand that I suck at PvP, but I don't really care. I understand that the only way I will get better is to sink 40-60 mil into a suit and then go download every 3rd party program I can get my hands on to compete with those running every 3rd party program they can get their hands on (all the while denying the existance of such programs), and you better freaking believe that is something I do care about.

G

galefan2004

Excuse me, but self respect has nothing to do with playing both the fel and tram aspects of the game. The real problem is the people who cannot differentiate between the two. If your buddy kills you on his fel char let him know *good job*. It sure beats tellilng him *fook u*.

If you dont want to face being run down by a buddy in fel then DONT GO THERE! However dont throw self respect into it. That is no better than name calling.
Self-respect has everything to do with it. In real life, as in the video game, I don't chose to screw my friends over for my own personal needs. I respect myself to much to turn on friends that have been friends for quite some time. If you don't have any self-respect I can see how you can compromise your integrity to screw over your friends and think nothing of it because its just a game. Thats a pathetic line. Most people act the same way out of game as they do in it has been my experience. If your friend is willing to throw away your relationship over a video game, then they are most likely willing to stab you in the back in the real world too. Thats the type of person that has no self-respect and no integrity. Thats not name calling unless it hits a little to close to home, and in that case its you calling yourself those names.

I

Intoxication

OK let me put it so you will understand.
Just think about it, what happens when they put scrolls in tram or ilsh?
Well I'll tell you what happens. You work that spawn to champ, you kill all those paragons that come with ilsh, THEN after the champ pops up you see greater dragons all over. NOT your greater dragons, not the people who worked to get the champ up either. There the dragons of the people that watch the spawns and wait for the camp to pop then come in and kill it. What can you do about it. NOT a thing. nothing. you're in tram, you get to watch your hard work get taken over by others and you get nothing in the end still. At least in fel the guild that takes it had to work to kill you first.
HOW IS THIS BETTER?

G

galefan2004

You work that spawn to champ, you kill all those paragons that come with ilsh, THEN after the champ pops up you see greater dragons all over. NOT your greater dragons, not the people who worked to get the champ up either. There the dragons of the people that watch the spawns and wait for the camp to pop then come in and kill it.
Yes. Because this doesn't happen now? Are you insane? The only difference is that they will be killing the champ instead of killing you and the champ. Not to mention, Ilshenar is a no-recall zone. That means they have to lead their greater dragons through Ilshenar to reach the champ. If you don't notice someone leading their greater through the spawn then that is your issue. I realise that for you the best way to try to deal with people POSSIBLY taking away from you is to to kill them, but when for most mature people that is simply not the best way of doing things. You are also pretty sure that all of those people are just going to be watching spawns and waiting to come kill the champ. Maybe that is because the way it happens in Felucca, but in Trammel the majority of players actually try to work together.

What can you do about it. NOT a thing. nothing. you're in tram, you get to watch your hard work get taken over by others and you get nothing in the end still. At least in fel the guild that takes it had to work to kill you first.
HOW IS THIS BETTER?
Umm...because the zerg guild isn't going to have to try to kill you. They are going to field 20 against 6-10. They are going to kill you. In Trammel, they don't have to kill you first. That means you get to stay alive. That means you at least get 1-2 scrolls (based upon your damage to the champ), and you get to leave alive with those scrolls. Thats a lot better than what happens in 95% of the cases in Felucca unless of course you are with the zerg guild.

Allowing any NEEDED resource in a MMORPG to be relatively controlled by 20 people is a sure fire way to **** off the rest of the player base. Less than 1% of the shard should have exclusive rights over the most powerful thing in the game because there is a chance that you might have competition with other PvMers in PvM if the scrolls were in a PvM only area?

I

Intoxication

LOL WOW
so now everyone has scrolls.
what do you do when you need a 120 magery after they put spawns in tram and ilsh with scrolls. you dont go do the camp for it you go and pick it up off the ground in luna cuz now there are so many of them around its not even funny. This is better for the game yeah ok.

and who the heck would be dumb enough to try to lead a dragon anywhere. HELLO pet balls.

G

galefan2004

LOL WOW
so now everyone has scrolls.
what do you do when you need a 120 magery after they put spawns in tram and ilsh with scrolls. you dont go do the camp for it you go and pick it up off the ground in luna cuz now there are so many of them around its not even funny. This is better for the game yeah ok.
Yes, because 120 magery scrolls always drop and are never in demand. You do understand a little how this game works right? I mean, by your logic CCs should always be on the ground in Luna also. The reason that SW scrolls sell for 500k and magery scrolls sell for 13 mil has NOTHING to do with spawns being in Felucca. It has EVERYTHING to do with them not dropping that often from champions. Also, I would much rather see 120 magery scrolls sell for 100 gold then see them sell for 13 mil when the 13 mil is going to some scummy Felucca trash player that is using every third party program imaginable to PvP with 19 other friends versus 6 other players.

and who the heck would be dumb enough to try to lead a dragon anywhere. HELLO pet balls.
Pet balls do not work in non-recall areas. Try again. They would run in and log out and log in, but even then they have to walk through the spawn, so if they aren't doing any of it it is very likely they are going to end up dieing running through it. Just running through spawn is 10x harder in Ilshenar than in Felucca (and thats with no push through), and before you try to claim that no push through makes it impossible to run through spawn in Felucca, I can attest that I do it all the time at every single spawn location. Acutally, its very rarely that I get hung up in no push through at spawns at all even in the higher levels.

I

Intoxication

what are you talking about. as long as the pet is also in the non recall area it will come to you on a pet ball. We use them all the time in t2a (a non recall area). as for running threw spawn if you have champ up more then likely most of it is dead so why would it be so hard to run in and start hitting champ. and even if they have to stop to kill so of it they didn't have to do the spawn to get the champ up. really this is a pointless thread.
scrolls selling for 13 mil has everything to do with them being in fel.
how long do you think it would take everyone to get bored of doing spawns cuz everyone has 10000000 of all of them. three months, two months, most likely one month. it would kill spawning altogether.

L

Lariat

There are way too many things to reply to to quote them all one by one...

First of all, spawns with scrolls in Tram? No thanks. I will cancel my accounts the very day that happens. You already don't want to do them in Felucca because of others coming in and stealing them from you. What do you think will happen in Tram? Exactly what Intox said. You'll still have a group come in and take it from you, only this time the group will be twice the size, all with pets in tow. The only thing different is you won't be dead when you go home empty-handed.

To whoever asked about the thing where groups in a champ can't be attacked... We have that, it's called Trammel. You might not get scrolls, but with less risk comes less reward. If you want high-end rewards with no risk of losing them, either do Peerless or play WoW.

For those that whine about losing insurance money... You DO know that in PvP the insurance cost is only 50% of dying to a mob, right? 300 per item instead of 600. Think about that next time you go do a Peerless and die 10 times.

For those that say putting scrolls in Tram would be different because everyone in Tram works together... ROFL!!! Go watch what happens when a blaze cu spawns. Remember the Grim Reapers? People would take them to Luna, have all the banksitters work it down to redlined, then recall off with it and get all the loot themselves. The fact is, humans are inheriently greedy. We're programmed for survival. When it comes down to it (especially in a medium as anonymous as the internet), we look out for number one. You paint Trammel to be this happy fun land full of lollipops and gumdrops where everybody is kind and well-mannered and shares everything in this big fantastic euphoric orgy of pixellated fun. WHAT GAME ARE YOU PLAYING?! Cerainly not the same one I play.

Leave scrolls where they are, crack down on the hacks, and level the playing field. I honestly think more people would try Felucca if they had someone to teach them PvP, and if more people would give Felucca an SERIOUS chance, we'd have less and less Tram vs. Fel threads here on Stratics, and more and more people playing in Fel on a regular basis. And if we get more people in Fel, the larger zerg guilds will have a harder time flexing their e-penis and rolling all over the little guilds.

To paraphrase the great John Lennon... All we're saying is give Fel a chance.

C

Connor_Graham

PvP'rs wouldn't even bother with bringing Tamers in. They'd have stealth cams set up at every spawn just like they do now, let you work every level of the spawn, including MOST of the boss, then they'd all bring out their Stealth SW/Scribe Mages with max SDI suits, come out of hiding and pop off a couple of WoD's, then walk off with most of the scrolls for a whole 60 seconds tops worth of effort.

Really, you're so biased against PvP'rs it's unbelievable. Not everyone that PvP's is a scum sucking scripter that would gladly stab a friend in the back, just like not every PvM'r is the Mary Poppins worshipper you make them out to be. I know a lot of PvP'rs, and also know that not a single one of them scripts anything, and would gladly give you the shirt off their back if you needed it.

So far the only reasoning you've given for wanting the scrolls moved to Tram is that you hate PvP'rs and the fact that the scrolls are in Fel. You're going to have to come up with a hell of a lot more than that to lend any weight to your argument to take away the only reward that is Fel only in the game.

Btw...if you've EVER sold an artifact or even supplies like arrows and bolts in this game on a vendor, then most likely you made yourself a hypocrite, as most artifacts and supplies that get purchased are done so by PvP'rs with gold that was obtained by selling powerscrolls.

G

galefan2004

scrolls selling for 13 mil has everything to do with them being in fel.
No it does not...by that logic CCs should not sell for 15 mil because they are not in Fel. It has everything to do with them being rare. Supply vs demand. Also, do you really think that scrolls should be selling for 13 mil. You should not have to spend 13 mil x 6 just to get your toon to a finished state. The fact that you do is stupid to begin with.

how long do you think it would take everyone to get bored of doing spawns cuz everyone has 10000000 of all of them. three months, two months, most likely one month. it would kill spawning altogether.
It would actually allow PvMers to do spawn as PvM. Yes, eventually it would get old, but it already has. People didn't stop doing spawns because of the big bad gank guilds (as much as they love to blame those guilds). They stopped doing spawns because they are bored of doing spawns. Put the spawns in Ilshenar, let the PvMers do them, let them do them till they get bored, and then you know what...all those griefers you talked about actually have to do the spawns cause no one is left to grief. Power scrolls will drop in price, but the rarer ones will probably even out at about 5 mil. I think 5 mil is a perfectly acceptable price for any 120 power scroll.

I just think that PvM and power scrolls don't belong in Felucca. I'm not saying that Felucca doesn't need reasons to PvP. Ideally though, I would like to see a system like O/C combined with factions that allows PvP across all the realms. End the red/blue system completely. Turn off PvP in Felucca except for the new system. Put rewards in the new system that actual reward PvPers for PvP. Special items with resists and PvP related mods, maybe a few special PvP only mods to go on the items, and other rewards should go to the top teir of the O/C system. It could be a point system like factions but actually have a reason to earn the points other than bragging rights.

L

Lariat

No it does not...by that logic CCs should not sell for 15 mil because they are not in Fel.
Yes they are, but you're not guaranteed to get one every time. You can do Mel and Parox in Felucca. Powerscrolls drop (either 6 or 12) 100% of the time. Crimsons do not. You have a much better chance at getting a 120 than you do a Crimson.

You should not have to spend 13 mil x 6 just to get your toon to a finished state. The fact that you do is stupid to begin with.
You do NOT have to spend 13m X 6 (which is 78m, by the way) for a single character. The only scroll that sells that nigh is Magery and you do not need 6 120 Magery scrolls for a single character.

G

galefan2004

PvP'rs wouldn't even bother with bringing Tamers in. They'd have stealth cams set up at every spawn just like they do now, let you work every level of the spawn, including MOST of the boss, then they'd all bring out their Stealth SW/Scribe Mages with max SDI suits, come out of hiding and pop off a couple of WoD's, then walk off with most of the scrolls for a whole 60 seconds tops worth of effort.
Yes because this is how all PvM works currently. Here, if you don't like the CHANCE that this might happen, then make it work like peerless where after you hit the second level of the spawn the spawn closes itself and you have to kill spawn to stay in the area. If you are not killing spawn you get booted from the area. I do like how you said Pvpers would do this. PvMers tend to work together. If we could get rid of the Felucca trash in this game it would actually run much more smoothly.

Really, you're so biased against PvP'rs it's unbelievable. Not everyone that PvP's is a scum sucking scripter that would gladly stab a friend in the back, just like not every PvM'r is the Mary Poppins worshipper you make them out to be. I know a lot of PvP'rs, and also know that not a single one of them scripts anything, and would gladly give you the shirt off their back if you needed it.
I don't buy for a moment that you know any PvPer that does not script. PvPers really earned my "respect" for them over countless years of dealing with their like. I'm byassed against anyone that would kill a blue for no reason what-so-ever, and they wouldn't be red unless that is what they just did.

You guys are just as byassed agaisnt PvMers because you are sitting here saying that if these systems weren't in Felucca they would just be camped by people wishing to greif the system. Thats funny...thats how it is now in PvP land, and that means it has to be that way in PvM land. The funny thing is that by your logic, the current events should be filled with greifers just waiting to steal stuff....the only problem is that they arent, so if you are 100% correct in your assumpting that these would be grief fests then please explain why current event arcs are not grief fests.

So far the only reasoning you've given for wanting the scrolls moved to Tram is that you hate PvP'rs and the fact that the scrolls are in Fel. You're going to have to come up with a hell of a lot more than that to lend any weight to your argument to take away the only reward that is Fel only in the game.
That is far from the only argument I have made. I do not like that any resource that is NEEDED to advance your character is being controlled by 1% of the population. If only 1% of the PvMers could do Peerless I would be arguing that Peerless need changed. If you honestly think it is ok for a bunch of PvPers to run spawns as an exclusive guild raiding anyone that dares to work a spawn and make millions (and thousands IRL) like they have in this game then I really don't know how to make any logical sense to you.

Btw...if you've EVER sold an artifact or even supplies like arrows and bolts in this game on a vendor, then most likely you made yourself a hypocrite, as most artifacts and supplies that get purchased are done so by PvP'rs with gold that was obtained by selling powerscrolls.
I don't sell on vendors anymore. When I did sell on vendors we had a strict no PvPer policy at the vendor house. Anyone even remotely recognized as a PvPer (that included anyone with a tag from a PvP related guild) was automatically banned from the house on sight. If that hurt our sales then so be it, but at least we were not catering to Felucca trash.

G

Gawin

The one big issue here is that the dev team has gotten hit by the WoW bug.

WoW is hugely popular and to profit in it you need very large groups so they think that in UO they must do the same thing to keep people happy.

They have completely lost touch with the player base in a lot of aspects. One of the biggest things I enjoyed most about UO was being able to go out with 2-3 close friends and working hard on a champ or peerless. I do not want to have to try and get together 10+ peeps if I wanted that play stile i would have gone to WoW.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
SLC
The topic of this thread is the difficulty of the champ spawns, not whether they should be moved to Tram.

Why don't you go make a new thread titled "I hate Fel and every PvPer is a 12 year old piece of trash living in their parent's basement, so I turn every topic into a Fel vs. Tram debate"

Then you can put all of your ideas in the same place about why we are all wrong and you are always right.

G

galefan2004

The one big issue here is that the dev team has gotten hit by the WoW bug.
Spawns required mass numbers way before WoW even existed, so try again.

WoW is hugely popular and to profit in it you need very large groups so they think that in UO they must do the same thing to keep people happy.
It depends what you want to do, but for the most part you only need 25 people to do a full raid. However, you can get PvP only gear with 5 people or solo in battlegrounds. You can get near raid gear with a 5 man group by earning badges. WoW has actually started catering much more to the smaller groups because they realise the reality is that most people that play their game really don't want to be part of a mindless zerg and would rather play with four close friends.

They have completely lost touch with the player base in a lot of aspects. One of the biggest things I enjoyed most about UO was being able to go out with 2-3 close friends and working hard on a champ or peerless. I do not want to have to try and get together 10+ peeps if I wanted that play stile i would have gone to WoW.
You can still do almost every peerless with 2-3 people. You can still do every champ with 2-3 people. I just soloed a coon in Ilshenar yesterday. The only reason you need a large group in Felucca is because of the zerg guilds. That is not the fault of EA that is the fault of the player base....the only place EA bears any fault at all in the champ spawn issue is that they have allowed the zerg guilds to take over by placing the champ spawns in Felucca.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
Thats all well and good, but don't complain because you are starving. The vast majority has already decided to move on mostly because of people like you that told them not to complain, they suck, they should just leave. Let them keep leaving, and in November when WAR needs more resources, and this game has about 10,000 players left I really doubt EA is going to hold back on the decision to move all of the UO resources to WAR and pull the plug. We all knew that WAR would most likely be the death of UO, but it is important to point out that people that have said either suck it up or leave are part of the reason most people chose to just leave.

In WoW, I actually care about PvP, and I am actually good at PvP. It could be argued that WoW pvp is easier. It most likely is, but the reason it is is because it has such a low entry fee. You earn gear through pvp, you don't have to spend millions on a suit just to pvp, you don't have to risk losing that suit (we all know that insurance isn't 100% even when it says insured), and you don't have to deal with almost every other person running whatever program they can get their hands on to make them better at pvp.

In UO, I refuse to spend the gold and the time and then risk my account being banned simply because I choose to PvP. That means, I spawn (or at least I used to), and I let my guild defend, and I only mess with the reds when they get close enough to mess with. I understand that I suck at PvP, but I don't really care. I understand that the only way I will get better is to sink 40-60 mil into a suit and then go download every 3rd party program I can get my hands on to compete with those running every 3rd party program they can get their hands on (all the while denying the existance of such programs), and you better freaking believe that is something I do care about.
let me make something very clear to you. IF YOU DONT KNOW THE TRUTH AN ASSUMPTION IS NOT THE ANSWER! you dont know me, you dont know my type.

You have no idea about PvP with the types of complaints you make. You mention needing programs and gold...phht! If you dont have a suit after 4 years of playing UO then dont cry to us! Cheats? I play a mage with no cheats, am missing three fingerson my left hand and half a thumb on my mouse hand, and still do ok. Crying about not being able to compete is your issue...not the games.

BTW...if you like WoW...go play WoW. There is no comparison between the two games.

G

galefan2004

The topic of this thread is the difficulty of the champ spawns, not whether they should be moved to Tram.
Exactly, and the fact that they are in Felucca is the only difficullt thing about them, so I figured I would touch on the real issue.

Why don't you go make a new thread titled "I hate Fel and every PvPer is a 12 year old piece of trash living in their parent's basement, so I turn every topic into a Fel vs. Tram debate"
Its not a Fel vs Tram debate. Fel already lost that. If it comes down to making decisions of Fel vs Tram for the developers then Fel will always get the shaft because Tram actually has more than 40 players on a regular basis.

I never said every PvPer was 12 or that they lived in their parents basement. Some of the most successful people in this world lack complete moral integrity. That is how they got to be so successful.

Then you can put all of your ideas in the same place about why we are all wrong and you are always right.
I never said you were all wrong or that I was always right. I simply stated that I am personally horrified that zerg guilds of 20 people can bring in upwards of 2000 mil a year in this game on the backs of people that actual do the spawns. Maybe this doesn't bother you at all. Maybe it doesn't bother you that a certain zerg guild on GL was using eBay power scroll sales to finance their real life for years. It personally makes me overly disgusted. I think it made a lot of other people overly disgusted in the past too. The difference is that those people have moved onto successful games, and I keep holding out hope for UO to finally do the right thing.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
Spawns required mass numbers way before WoW even existed, so try again.
Required? Enough with your terrible assumptions already. I have been soloing spawns with two computers for years! Learn to adapt... If you cannot then use a damn transfer token and hit a dead shard.

It depends what you want to do, but for the most part you only need 25 people to do a full raid. However, you can get PvP only gear with 5 people or solo in battlegrounds. You can get near raid gear with a 5 man group by earning badges. WoW has actually started catering much more to the smaller groups because they realise the reality is that most people that play their game really don't want to be part of a mindless zerg and would rather play with four close friends.
Again with the WOW nonsense. You are comparing apples to oranges. Besides the fact they are both fruit the similarities end there.

You can still do almost every peerless with 2-3 people. You can still do every champ with 2-3 people. I just soloed a coon in Ilshenar yesterday. The only reason you need a large group in Felucca is because of the zerg guilds. That is not the fault of EA that is the fault of the player base....the only place EA bears any fault at all in the champ spawn issue is that they have allowed the zerg guilds to take over by placing the champ spawns in Felucca.
Zerg guilds? Did you ever consider joining one instead of complaining about them? Again...if I can solo spawns successfully on Atlantic without being zerged everytime then you need to stop making excuses. (I have pulled a full set of scrolls just by soloing champs since the monsters were buffed, the only one I cannot do myself is Oaks. The rest are still possible to solo with the right skillsets. So please...stop your insanity!)

G

galefan2004

let me make something very clear to you. IF YOU DONT KNOW THE TRUTH AN ASSUMPTION IS NOT THE ANSWER! you dont know me, you dont know my type.
Let me make it clear to you that you made assumptions about me, so that goes both ways.

You have no idea about PvP with the types of complaints you make. You mention needing programs and gold...phht! If you dont have a suit after 4 years of playing UO then dont cry to us!
Do you honestly think the average person coming into this game has played for 4 years. The same people that whine that there is no fresh blood try to justify the fact that they are far superior by saying they have played for 4 years. You do understand that in other successful MMORPGs to get ahead you need like 2 months right? Not very many fresh players are willing to give 4 years to get where you are. This game isn't going to get anywhere without fresh players. Veterans are leaving in droves over Felucca realted issues. I'm just telling my personal experiences. Its true I don't know how you think or feel, but I have dealt with enough PvPers to know what they do and who they are.

Cheats? I play a mage with no cheats, am missing three fingerson my left hand and half a thumb on my mouse hand, and still do ok. Crying about not being able to compete is your issue...not the games.
If you can beat all the hackers and cheaters then good for you. I mean, really, do you honestly want rewarded for that accomplishment...well obviously you must because anyone that would dare question rather that is actually an accomplishment at all is the devil in your eyes.

BTW...if you like WoW...go play WoW. There is no comparison between the two games.
You are totally right. One made enough to buy the other one (and all the profit it ever made) in the first 6 months it was out. However, I like UO. If I didn't like UO I wouldn't be here. I just don't like a certain element of UO. That element is the one that thinks that because they can do something they should do something. That element is the kind of that driven more players from this game then any other element ever has. That element is the one that honestly thinks the system is not broken because they can join up with 20 other people and roll 6 people. That element is the one that actually thinks it takes skill to go red or to kill one blue with 4 other people. That element needs purged from this game if this game is to actually have a future. Of course, that element is also the one EA seems to cater exclusively to in the past, and then they wonder why 10x the number of accounts are closed each month as are opened.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
Exactly, and the fact that they are in Felucca is the only difficullt thing about them, so I figured I would touch on the real issue.

I never said you were all wrong or that I was always right. I simply stated that I am personally horrified that zerg guilds of 20 people can bring in upwards of 2000 mil a year in this game on the backs of people that actual do the spawns. Maybe this doesn't bother you at all. Maybe it doesn't bother you that a certain zerg guild on GL was using eBay power scroll sales to finance their real life for years. It personally makes me overly disgusted. I think it made a lot of other people overly disgusted in the past too. The difference is that those people have moved onto successful games, and I keep holding out hope for UO to finally do the right thing.
You make more assumptions than Imelda Marcos has shoes. I am really shying towards putting you on ignore due the crap you spew.

BTW...I made 500 mil last week...how about you? (and it wasnt from duping, scripting, or spawning....it was from IDOCs)

G

galefan2004

Required? Enough with your terrible assumptions already. I have been soloing spawns with two computers for years! Learn to adapt... If you cannot then use a damn transfer token and hit a dead shard.
If you are doing this and not getting raided you are either already playing on a dead shard or are staying up all night. Spawns were never very difficult PvM. It was the PvP aspect that sucked. Why would I go to a dead shard just so I could duo spawns. I would rather they just be moved to Trammel where everyone has an equal chance without having to worry about the same 10 people raiding them time and time again.

Again with the WOW nonsense. You are comparing apples to oranges. Besides the fact they are both fruit the similarities end there.
Both WoW and UO want to be successful. One has actually made it. Throw WoW out of the equation. Its just amazes me how EVERY successful MMORPG has gone the complete opposite way of UO when it comes to con versus non-con PvP. If you guys insist on having non-con PvP then at least move spawns to Trammel where players have an equal opportunity at them.

Zerg guilds? Did you ever consider joining one instead of complaining about them? Again...if I can solo spawns successfully on Atlantic without being zerged everytime then you need to stop making excuses.
No. Zerg guilds go beyond what I would consider personal integrity. I actually feel bad when I grief someone, so that leaves zerg guilds out for me. For those of us that don't wish to stay up all night when everyone else goes to bed it becomes a little harder to solo champs.

(I have pulled a full set of scrolls just by soloing champs since the monsters were buffed, the only one I cannot do myself is Oaks. The rest are still possible to solo with the right skillsets. So please...stop your insanity!)
I never said the champs were hard. I never said they couldn't be soloed. For the normal person that plays at normal hours the only thing you are doing by trying to solo a Felucca spawn is begging raiders to come kill you.

G

Gawin

WoW has actually started catering much more to the smaller groups because they realise the reality is that most people that play their game really don't want to be part of a mindless zerg and would rather play with four close friends.
Thank you for backing up my argument with trying to argue with me :)

G

galefan2004

You make more assumptions than Imelda Marcos has shoes. I am really shying towards putting you on ignore due the crap you spew.

BTW...I made 500 mil last week...how about you? (and it wasnt from duping, scripting, or spawning....it was from IDOCs)
Put me on ignore. The only thing that sux worse than zerg trash in this game is IDOC trash. Considering you are both I will not even go into detail about my true feelings for you because of the ROC.

However, I will say, that making 500 mil is not an accomplishment. When I'm playing the next best thing in November (when they most likely pull the plug on UO for WAR) and you are starting over I'll glady play against you in a game that has actual intergrity in the rules and then we can see who makes the most gold.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
Let me make it clear to you that you made assumptions about me, so that goes both ways.
I didnt make any assumptions, I went by what you said. If I made an assumption I can only assume you lied about your original assumption.

Do you honestly think the average person coming into this game has played for 4 years. The same people that whine that there is no fresh blood try to justify the fact that they are far superior by saying they have played for 4 years. You do understand that in other successful MMORPGs to get ahead you need like 2 months right? Not very many fresh players are willing to give 4 years to get where you are. This game isn't going to get anywhere without fresh players. Veterans are leaving in droves over Felucca realted issues. I'm just telling my personal experiences. Its true I don't know how you think or feel, but I have dealt with enough PvPers to know what they do and who they are.
My latest UO account was two monthes old when I was red the first time playing in Fel. (My character was scrolled to the teeth and thanks to my guild I was fully suited too.) Droves? Most of the felluca players that leave are leaving for other games, or else going to tram to trake a break from the grind. Again, assumption do you little good and only serve to lessen my impression of you.

If you can beat all the hackers and cheaters then good for you. I mean, really, do you honestly want rewarded for that accomplishment...well obviously you must because anyone that would dare question rather that is actually an accomplishment at all is the devil in your eyes.
Rewarded for what? because I can compete without crying my eyeballs out about it? Dude, quit while you are way behind.

You are totally right. One made enough to buy the other one (and all the profit it ever made) in the first 6 months it was out. However, I like UO. If I didn't like UO I wouldn't be here. I just don't like a certain element of UO. That element is the one that thinks that because they can do something they should do something. That element is the kind of that driven more players from this game then any other element ever has. That element is the one that honestly thinks the system is not broken because they can join up with 20 other people and roll 6 people. That element is the one that actually thinks it takes skill to go red or to kill one blue with 4 other people. That element needs purged from this game if this game is to actually have a future. Of course, that element is also the one EA seems to cater exclusively to in the past, and then they wonder why 10x the number of accounts are closed each month as are opened.
If you dont like something about it, then change the way you do things. This game doesnt revolve around you or me, and as such will keep going the way it goes if we are here or not. Making constant complaints about game mechanics that have existed since the dawn of the game will not make you feel better....because they will still be the same tomorrow. So please...put away the tears, tuck away the kleenex, and think outside of the box. If I can kick your ass missing three fingers and half a thumb while not using exploits to do so I can only assume you spent too much time with complaints rather than actually getting better at the game. Learn to adapt dude, and move on.

G

galefan2004

Thank you for backing up my argument with trying to argue with me :)
No problem. I'm actually not a total prick when I'm not moody. I just don't like getting stabbed in the back by people who claimed to be my friends, and when it does happen I normally vent on stratics about it. I'm just telling my experiences the way I see them. I'm really not trying to insult everyone that pvps. I really just don't like the current pvp system of luring pvmers to do spawns so they can get raided. I obviously also hate the IDOC system. I guess, I am just not a huge fan of people getting something for nothing in a video game. I think that effort should be required to get ahead. UO doesn't require effort to get ahead...UO requires having a lack of integrity to get ahead. After awhile that gets old.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
Put me on ignore. The only thing that sux worse than zerg trash in this game is IDOC trash. Considering you are both I will not even go into detail about my true feelings for you because of the ROC.

However, I will say, that making 500 mil is not an accomplishment. When I'm playing the next best thing in November (when they most likely pull the plug on UO for WAR) and you are starting over I'll glady play against you in a game that has actual intergrity in the rules and then we can see who makes the most gold.

I am not an IDOCr nor am I zerg trash. I hope you feel good having made one more false assumption about someone you know little about. Thanks for wasting my time and that of the others and welcome to my ignore list.

Integrity? I walked onto a bare luna plot...I placed it...sold it...and gave 30% of my earnings to my guild as well as bought ppl things they wanted for their chars that I knew. Nice assumptions again.

G

galefan2004

I didnt make any assumptions, I went by what you said. If I made an assumption I can only assume you lied about your original assumption.
You made the assumption that all PvMers are out to greif everyone in Trammel. I'm sorry if I thought you included me in those numbers.

My latest UO account was two monthes old when I was red the first time playing in Fel. (My character was scrolled to the teeth and thanks to my guild I was fully suited too.) Droves? Most of the felluca players that leave are leaving for other games, or else going to tram to trake a break from the grind. Again, assumption do you little good and only serve to lessen my impression of you.
I'm going off of people posting about leaving, and every given week its about 2-3 people that were die hard PvPers. I see no posts from die hard PvMers about leaving. That data could be skewed. Being red is not an accomplishment. Having a guild suit you up and scroll you out is not an accomplishment. Please tell me where you have any personal accomplishments in what you just said.

Rewarded for what? because I can compete without crying my eyeballs out about it? Dude, quit while you are way behind.
You just said that your guild scrolled you out and suited you up. Most likely that is a zerg guild you were talking about. Here is a hint...competing one on one is competing. Competing 4 vs 1 is not. I'm guessing you think it is though.

I have no problem competing on an equal playing field, but UO is not an equal playing field, so I don't bother trying to compete. However, I'm not whining about it either. I'm just voicing my frustration. At the end of the day, I could give a damn less about this game and how soon it comes to an end.

If you dont like something about it, then change the way you do things. This game doesnt revolve around you or me, and as such will keep going the way it goes if we are here or not. Making constant complaints about game mechanics that have existed since the dawn of the game will not make you feel better....because they will still be the same tomorrow.
The powerscroll system hasn't existed since the dawn of the game. I don't make constant complaints about it. This post is the first and last that I will ever actually bother complaining about it. I realise that it will never change. I realise that I will go without 120 scrolls on my skills (because I will not buy them from Felucca trash) for as long as I play this game, but I am just going to deal with that.

So please...put away the tears, tuck away the kleenex, and think outside of the box. If I can kick your ass missing three fingers and half a thumb while not using exploits to do so I can only assume you spent too much time with complaints rather than actually getting better at the game. Learn to adapt dude, and move on.
I don't care to get better in PvP in a messed up PvP system. Are you honestly going to say that this game has ballanced PvP? You really must be kidding. When they bother to balance PvP in this game then I will bother to care about PvP in this game. Until then I'm just going to say screw it. However, you are right...complaining about it isn't helping, so its time to put the forums away. Its either going to change or not. IMO, if they want to keep players then it will change...if they don't care about retaining players then things will stay the way they are.

C

Connor_Graham

Yes because this is how all PvM works currently. Here, if you don't like the CHANCE that this might happen, then make it work like peerless where after you hit the second level of the spawn the spawn closes itself and you have to kill spawn to stay in the area. If you are not killing spawn you get booted from the area..
Firstly, the champ areas aren't going to be made instances any more than any other area aside from Peerless. It's Tram. All monsters are fair game.

I do like how you said Pvpers would do this. PvMers tend to work together. If we could get rid of the Felucca trash in this game it would actually run much more smoothly.
Are you forgetting that I'm a PvM'r? The statement that "PvM'rs tend to work together" is pure BS. PvM'rs grief just as much as certain styles of PvP'rs do, if not more so in a lot of cases. I have yet to see a PvP'r in Fel walk in and park their GD on top of a spawn spot and tell you to stuff it, yet I see that almost daily in Tram.

I don't buy for a moment that you know any PvPer that does not script. PvPers really earned my "respect" for them over countless years of dealing with their like. I'm byassed against anyone that would kill a blue for no reason what-so-ever, and they wouldn't be red unless that is what they just did.
I don't care if you buy it or not. Just because someone is a PvP'r doesn't mean they're a cheater, nor a scum sucker, or any other insult you want to toss at a playstyle, completely ignoring the person that is actually making the decision. It takes a PERSON to be that, not a playstyle choice. The people that I hunt with on a regular basis also PvP, and are some of the most avid anti-script people in the game. As a matter of fact, the PvP'rs that DON'T cheat are the ones that are screaming the loudest to get it removed from the game, or do you not pay attention here?

You guys are just as byassed agaisnt PvMers because you are sitting here saying that if these systems weren't in Felucca they would just be camped by people wishing to greif the system.
I AM A PvM'r. I'm not biased (this is the correct spelling of this word btw....spell check is your friend, and yes, Stratics does now have Spell Check) against any playstyle. That's where you fail to see the difference. Playstyle choices are not the same as PLAYER choices. A PLAYER chooses whether or not to cheat or do whatever you think they're all out their doing on a daily basis. Not everyone chooses to cheat, just like not everyone chooses to PvP or PvM. [/QUOTE]

Thats funny...thats how it is now in PvP land, and that means it has to be that way in PvM land. The funny thing is that by your logic, the current events should be filled with greifers just waiting to steal stuff....the only problem is that they arent, so if you are 100% correct in your assumpting that these would be grief fests then please explain why current event arcs are not grief fests.
I don't know what Mary Poppins version of UO you're playing, but there have been griefers in every single event I've participated in since I started playing this game. You know, like the ones that killed the Dread Horses for no reason, or the ones that would lure junk spawn on you in Magincia, invis, then go run after the loot dropping monsters while you were stuck trying to stay alive from all the crap they dragged on top of you. Oh yeah, there's no griefing in Events....*insert eye roll here*

That is far from the only argument I have made. I do not like that any resource that is NEEDED to advance your character is being controlled by 1% of the population. If only 1% of the PvMers could do Peerless I would be arguing that Peerless need changed. If you honestly think it is ok for a bunch of PvPers to run spawns as an exclusive guild raiding anyone that dares to work a spawn and make millions (and thousands IRL) like they have in this game then I really don't know how to make any logical sense to you.
There's nothing stopping the other 99% of players from getting together and going to Fel to get their own scrolls. Nothing but their refusal to do so. That aside, PS's are the ONLY reward for participating in PvP, while EVERY SINGLE OTHER REWARD IN UO is on the Tram side of the fence. So just because you don't like the fact that you have to PvP to get JUST ONE of the rewards in this game, you say they should be moved to Tram? Selfish much?

I don't sell on vendors anymore. When I did sell on vendors we had a strict no PvPer policy at the vendor house. Anyone even remotely recognized as a PvPer (that included anyone with a tag from a PvP related guild) was automatically banned from the house on sight. If that hurt our sales then so be it, but at least we were not catering to Felucca trash.
Uh yeah. I guess you think that the PvP'rs didn't have blue alts that they used in Tram to do their shopping with since their reds can't go there huh? Did you sit on your vendors for 23 1/2 hours of every day to do this? If not, what stopped the ones that went to your vendors when you weren't around? Regardless of what you may have "tried" to do, PvP'rs bought from your vendors. You received gold obtained by selling powerscrolls, which makes your entire argument hypocritical.

I think you need to go back to WoW and stop playing UO.

And yeah, that was a PvM'r that just said that and not a PvP'r.

It's pointless to debate this with you. You obviously are so biased that you can't be open minded. There's a word for that ya know.......

Discrimination.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
No problem. I'm actually not a total prick when I'm not moody. I just don't like getting stabbed in the back by people who claimed to be my friends, and when it does happen I normally vent on stratics about it. I'm just telling my experiences the way I see them. I'm really not trying to insult everyone that pvps. I really just don't like the current pvp system of luring pvmers to do spawns so they can get raided. I obviously also hate the IDOC system. I guess, I am just not a huge fan of people getting something for nothing in a video game. I think that effort should be required to get ahead. UO doesn't require effort to get ahead...UO requires having a lack of integrity to get ahead. After awhile that gets old.
This statement is rediculous. You assume I am without integrity, you insult my gameplay, and then you assume I get something for nothing. Look in the mirror man, and look long and hard. You dont know jack about me or what I do for this game.

FYI...I live in a 7X7 to this day because I choose to give rather than always take. I had the opportunity to buy a keep and instead spent the money on things for the guild. This is not the first time mind you, as I have never been a greedy ass. I have always been about making others happy...that is what makes me happy in the game.

(yesterday I gave away 5 mil total to 5 random noobs selling things to make money. I didnt want what they had but I wanted them to get a good start. But yeah...I guess that dont mean crap to you...especially since you already have me coined as an zerging fel idocr.)

Good job with the assumptions dillweed, keep up the good work!

I

Intoxication

there are a few people in this thread i would love to see in fel.
thats the last thing i have to post becuz i cant keep reading 3 pages of someone so dumb posting nothing.
you type so many words without them saying a thing.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
You made the assumption that all PvMers are out to greif everyone in Trammel. I'm sorry if I thought you included me in those numbers.
When the hell did I say anything about this? Are you on crack kiddo? Learn to read before you open your moth. If you cant do that at least be sure you know what you are saying is true first.

I'm going off of people posting about leaving, and every given week its about 2-3 people that were die hard PvPers. I see no posts from die hard PvMers about leaving. That data could be skewed. Being red is not an accomplishment. Having a guild suit you up and scroll you out is not an accomplishment. Please tell me where you have any personal accomplishments in what you just said.
Did you ever consider that only a small population of people post here? Your assumptionis are like teh energizer bunny...
My guild helped me get suited...they didnt scroll me out...I got 5s and 10s...as most guilds will hand out...the rest I earned.

Personal accomplishments?
1) ran a top 5 guild on Atl
2) have brought at least 15 people into the game
3) have kept countless others playing, through donations of both gold and gametime
4) Have given away 100s of 20 scrolls to guildies, freinds, and even strangers
5) have donated smith 20s to new blacksmiths
6) have donated over 100 million to noobs in game
7) have donated 7 max storage houses to people who had no housing.
8) have spent countless hours collecting keys for peerless so my tram and fel guilds had something to do with they go on.

So please...stfu on what you think you know about me. I have always been for keeping this game up and running, and have never taken advantage of ANYONES generosity in the game. I have done everything I can to make this agme better for everyone as a whole...not for me. (if I had done it for me I would have taken up the offer to be a broker...to sell crap for RL money. Right now I could dupe the hell out of this game, but choose not to because it would ruin the game for everyone. Again...nothing I do in this game is all about me...so get yoru facts straight...and quit making such assenine assumptions with no bearing on fact.

You just said that your guild scrolled you out and suited you up. Most likely that is a zerg guild you were talking about. Here is a hint...competing one on one is competing. Competing 4 vs 1 is not. I'm guessing you think it is though.
no I didnt...learn to read.

I have no problem competing on an equal playing field, but UO is not an equal playing field, so I don't bother trying to compete. However, I'm not whining about it either. I'm just voicing my frustration. At the end of the day, I could give a damn less about this game and how soon it comes to an end.
Voicing your frustration is one thing...spreading accuasation and bullcrap assumptions is another.

The powerscroll system hasn't existed since the dawn of the game. I don't make constant complaints about it. This post is the first and last that I will ever actually bother complaining about it. I realise that it will never change. I realise that I will go without 120 scrolls on my skills (because I will not buy them from Felucca trash) for as long as I play this game, but I am just going to deal with that.
Nothing has ever been wrong with the scroll system.

I don't care to get better in PvP in a messed up PvP system. Are you honestly going to say that this game has ballanced PvP? You really must be kidding. When they bother to balance PvP in this game then I will bother to care about PvP in this game. Until then I'm just going to say screw it. However, you are right...complaining about it isn't helping, so its time to put the forums away. Its either going to change or not. IMO, if they want to keep players then it will change...if they don't care about retaining players then things will stay the way they are.
Gee...if you read what other people said you would realize I never said anything about it being fair. All we can do is players is choose to either play fair or cheat. I dont cheat to compete, and am perfectly fine with people telling me I suck...because this is a game, and I have no desire to be the best . I only desire to have a fun time and make the experience of others fun as well.

G

galefan2004

thats the last thing i have to post becuz i cant keep reading 3 pages of someone so dumb posting nothing.
Thanks for your opinion. I would expect someone like you to respond with take it to fel. The problem is that I would play by your rules in fel which means not only would I have a dragon you but I'd also have 2-3 friends chasing you at the same time. You could be the single player that I normally end up getting to be.

If you can't understand complex paragraphs I'll sum it up...

There are HUGE balance issues in PvP right now.
I'm not competing in a system that has absolutely NO balance.
Even though I'm a tamer I think super dragons have no place in PvP.
Anyone that hides behind a super dragon as a PvPer is a loser, and seeing I only actually have a tamer I refuse to PvP.
I've made and deleted more characters in this game than I ever care to make again. I'm not working skills up ever again in UO.
I just want a way to get scrolls (I never use) without having to go to Fel (which I don't do anymore) without having to buy them (same way I'd never buy blood diamonds).
In the end (this is my last comment on the matter)...you can keep powerscrolls in Felucca, you can keep drama in Felucca, I'll stay in Trammel and refuse to buy anything from known PvPers and refuse to sell anything to known PvPers, and we can all be in some form of symbiotic bliss where I try to forget this game caters to people like you and you can try to keep claiming it doesn't.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint

agreed...I post out of frustration, some of the ****** strong *statements* i see here are just too fooked up to not reply to.

anyhoot...if you play atl...I would be happy to duel you. just hit me up in PM.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
Thanks for your opinion. I would expect someone like you to respond with take it to fel. The problem is that I would play by your rules in fel which means not only would I have a dragon you but I'd also have 2-3 friends chasing you at the same time. You could be the single player that I normally end up getting to be.

If you can't understand complex paragraphs I'll sum it up...

There are HUGE balance issues in PvP right now.
I'm not competing in a system that has absolutely NO balance.
Even though I'm a tamer I think super dragons have no place in PvP.
Anyone that hides behind a super dragon as a PvPer is a loser, and seeing I only actually have a tamer I refuse to PvP.
I've made and deleted more characters in this game than I ever care to make again. I'm not working skills up ever again in UO.
I just want a way to get scrolls (I never use) without having to go to Fel (which I don't do anymore) without having to buy them (same way I'd never buy blood diamonds).
In the end (this is my last comment on the matter)...you can keep powerscrolls in Felucca, you can keep drama in Felucca, I'll stay in Trammel and refuse to buy anything from known PvPers and refuse to sell anything to known PvPers, and we can all be in some form of symbiotic bliss where I try to forget this game caters to people like you and you can try to keep claiming it doesn't.
If you dont play fel to begin with, how do you feel you can make an accurate statement about fel?

Drama? dude...you are the one with this grandiose understanding, did you ever consider you make your own drama with ****** strong assumptions?

G

galefan2004

When the hell did I say anything about this? Are you on crack kiddo? Learn to read before you open your moth. If you cant do that at least be sure you know what you are saying is true first.
Did you not say that moving powerscrolls to Trammel would only encourage the griefers to come grief the spawns? Sounded a lot to me like you said Trammel was full of greifers.

Did you ever consider that only a small population of people post here? Your assumptionis are like teh energizer bunny...
My guild helped me get suited...they didnt scroll me out...I got 5s and 10s...as most guilds will hand out...the rest I earned.
Umm...you said your guild provided you with powerscrolls...hmm sorry if I assumed they scrolled you out because you weren't specific.

Personal accomplishments?
1) ran a top 5 guild on Atl
2) have brought at least 15 people into the game
3) have kept countless others playing, through donations of both gold and gametime
4) Have given away 100s of 20 scrolls to guildies, freinds, and even strangers
5) have donated smith 20s to new blacksmiths
6) have donated over 100 million to noobs in game
7) have donated 7 max storage houses to people who had no housing.
8) have spent countless hours collecting keys for peerless so my tram and fel guilds had something to do with they go on.
Ok, so you have done nice things. You have also kept track of the nice things you have done. I don't know if keeping track of doing nice things actually adds value to the nice things you have done or not. I will say that it was nice of you to do such things. I haven't really experienced someone like you in Felucca in 8 years. I never claimed that they didn't exist. I did say that all PvPers were Felucca trash. That was a little strong. Not all PvPers are Felucca trash, but I will say that most of the huge zerg guilds are.

So please...stfu on what you think you know about me. I have always been for keeping this game up and running, and have never taken advantage of ANYONES generosity in the game. I have done everything I can to make this agme better for everyone as a whole...not for me. (if I had done it for me I would have taken up the offer to be a broker...to sell crap for RL money. Right now I could dupe the hell out of this game, but choose not to because it would ruin the game for everyone. Again...nothing I do in this game is all about me...so get yoru facts straight...and quit making such assenine assumptions with no bearing on fact.
I simply responded to you in a like manner that you responded to me. I feel no guilt or need for reprecussion about that manner.

Voicing your frustration is one thing...spreading accuasation and bullcrap assumptions is another.
Responding in like manner is one thing...responding to someone how they deserve is another. I did both. You gave as well as you got. You made assumptions that I'm a whiner and I'm only out to get something for nothing. You made assumptions that the only reason I want to see powerscrolls out of Felucca is so that I can see them drop from 13 mil to free. You are dead wrong. I want a system for powerscrolls that encourages EVERYONE to participate. I want all players to be able to do champion spawns. I don't think such a system would ever get to be in place as long as the spawns are exclusive to Felucca.

I'm not a huge fan of non-con PvP. I never will be. I actually feel bad when I kill someone. Hell, I even feel bad when I kill someone in Felucca at a spawn. I really don't like the feeling that PvP leaves me with. This is just a personal feeling that I have. It doesn't have to apply to everyone. I've been red before (on accident). I've held my own before. I just didn't enjoy any of it. I quit PvPing in this game because I didn't (personally) like the feeling it left me with at the end of the day. In UO it gets a little more personal because you can actually talk to the people you just killed and I guess that bothers me. In WoW, I used to love to PvP, and I was quite good at it there.

Nothing has ever been wrong with the scroll system.
I'm sorry but allowing choice guilds to pay their bills via eBay because they were the only ones that could bring in scrolls on a regular basis is a HUGE red flag that something is definately wrong. If scrolls were some novlety item that you didn't have to have then I would have no real issue with 1% of the population on a shard dominating them, but that is simply not the case.

G

galefan2004

If you dont play fel to begin with, how do you feel you can make an accurate statement about fel?
Because I played it for 8 years and I just recently walked away because nothing is worth that much drama?

Drama? dude...you are the one with this grandiose understanding, did you ever consider you make your own drama with ****** strong assumptions?
Thanks for masking the calling me a ******. Its nice to creatively get around those ROC rules isn't it? I'm sure I make my own drama. I'm sure you make your own drama, but I have very little to do with guild alliances falling apart because the guild you were allied with stabs you in a back at a spawn because they don't want to upset one of the guilds raiding you. It has been my experience that being a guild alliance in Felucca never ends well, but after awhile it just gets kind of old.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
Did you not say that moving powerscrolls to Trammel would only encourage the griefers to come grief the spawns? Sounded a lot to me like you said Trammel was full of greifers.
assumption...wrong person

Umm...you said your guild provided you with powerscrolls...hmm sorry if I assumed they scrolled you out because you weren't specific..
assumption...you misread

Ok, so you have done nice things. You have also kept track of the nice things you have done. I don't know if keeping track of doing nice things actually adds value to the nice things you have done or not. I will say that it was nice of you to do such things. I haven't really experienced someone like you in Felucca in 8 years. I never claimed that they didn't exist. I did say that all PvPers were Felucca trash. That was a little strong. Not all PvPers are Felucca trash, but I will say that most of the huge zerg guilds are..
I dont keep track...those are just some of which I remember.

I simply responded to you in a like manner that you responded to me. I feel no guilt or need for reprecussion about that manner..
assumption...I responded initially to your skewed post. I dont like the some of the crap in fel I see however you will not see me speculate on it.

Responding in like manner is one thing...responding to someone how they deserve is another. I did both. You gave as well as you got. You made assumptions that I'm a whiner and I'm only out to get something for nothing. You made assumptions that the only reason I want to see powerscrolls out of Felucca is so that I can see them drop from 13 mil to free. You are dead wrong. I want a system for powerscrolls that encourages EVERYONE to participate. I want all players to be able to do champion spawns. I don't think such a system would ever get to be in place as long as the spawns are exclusive to Felucca. .
I didnt make an assumption, I made an informed decision based upon your posts that you were a whiner. You not only gave false truth in your post but clustered everyone into one category...hence my post. Something for nothing? I never said anything to you like that. Another asumption. I neveer said anything about powerscrolls outside of fel...another assumption. BTW..all players do have an opportunity to spawn...they just have to step thru that lil red gate.

I'm not a huge fan of non-con PvP. I never will be. I actually feel bad when I kill someone. Hell, I even feel bad when I kill someone in Felucca at a spawn. I really don't like the feeling that PvP leaves me with. This is just a personal feeling that I have. It doesn't have to apply to everyone. I've been red before (on accident). I've held my own before. I just didn't enjoy any of it. I quit PvPing in this game because I didn't (personally) like the feeling it left me with at the end of the day. In UO it gets a little more personal because you can actually talk to the people you just killed and I guess that bothers me. In WoW, I used to love to PvP, and I was quite good at it there..
If you dont pvp, do not post about pvp. It tends to confuse those who are interested IN pvp. Do not assume to be familiar with something you do not participate in. Leave that to those who do. It will help with your credibility.

I'm sorry but allowing choice guilds to pay their bills via eBay because they were the only ones that could bring in scrolls on a regular basis is a HUGE red flag that something is definately wrong. If scrolls were some novlety item that you didn't have to have then I would have no real issue with 1% of the population on a shard dominating them, but that is simply not the case.
You did notice Ebay hasnt been an option for a long time no? And scroll prices like all items in game are at an all time low. (besides event stuff pretty much)

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
Because I played it for 8 years and I just recently walked away because nothing is worth that much drama?

Thanks for masking the calling me a ******. Its nice to creatively get around those ROC rules isn't it? I'm sure I make my own drama. I'm sure you make your own drama, but I have very little to do with guild alliances falling apart because the guild you were allied with stabs you in a back at a spawn because they don't want to upset one of the guilds raiding you. It has been my experience that being a guild alliance in Felucca never ends well, but after awhile it just gets kind of old.
You went from being a part time pvper, to one who hasnt in a long time, to someone who just gave it up....so which is it? The drama is only what you make of it, which for the record...I have seen alot more drama from my tram sided guilds than I ever saw from fel.

Guild alliances? WTF!!!! There are more trammel allied guilds than you will ever find allied guilds in fel. Please quit trying to string random crap together.

Thanks.

FYI...been playing since 99 on my own accounts...since 98 on a freinds. 8 years of playtime doesnt hold water to me based upon the crap that I see spewed on my screens reading these boards.

I really dont want you to think I am picking on you btw...I just want you to put a bit more thought and honesty into what you post. thats all...:grouphug:

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 13, 2008
SLC
I'm a big whiny baby who lacks the brains and/or balls to do a champ spawn in fel because all the big bad meanies will kill my pixelated self and it will hurt my delicate RL self image. So I come on the forums and beg the Devs to change the game to meet my selfish needs even though as a giant Trammy I have access to farm gold uninterupted 24/7 to buy any powerscroll I could ever want
I've stopped reading your ridiculous posts. You literally are the most biased whiner I have ever seen on these forums, which is quite a feat.

P.S. When Connor aka. king of the trammies, is WTFPWNing every one of your points, you really should just admit defeat and move on.

G

galefan2004

If you dont pvp, do not post about pvp. It tends to confuse those who are interested IN pvp. Do not assume to be familiar with something you do not participate in. Leave that to those who do. It will help with your credibility.
Assumption...I never once said I do not PvP. I simply said I do not like to PvP. I have actually PvPed for 8 years in this game. I just don't get into it. That doesn't mean I have never done it. At this point, I don't think anyone that isn't pvping is interested in trying out PvP and that has very little to do with that I have posted, and just about everything to do with the reality of the system that is currently in the game for PvP.

You did notice Ebay hasnt been an option for a long time no? And scroll prices like all items in game are at an all time low. (besides event stuff pretty much)
Yup. I was saying the same thing when it was an option. The game has continued to go down hill because the developers still haven't bothered to listen. Now they just sell stuff for real life money via brokers or through the game itself which is kind of sad. Hell, they even sell stuff for real life money on Stratics.

C

Connor_Graham

Assumption...I never once said I do not PvP. I simply said I do not like to PvP. I have actually PvPed for 8 years in this game.
Then by your own logic AND terminology, for 8 years you were a scum sucking scripter.

If that's not the case, then you're a hypocrite.

So.....which is it?

:owned:

:stretcher:

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 30, 2008
Under a Pint
Assumption...I never once said I do not PvP. I simply said I do not like to PvP. I have actually PvPed for 8 years in this game. I just don't get into it. That doesn't mean I have never done it. At this point, I don't think anyone that isn't pvping is interested in trying out PvP and that has very little to do with that I have posted, and just about everything to do with the reality of the system that is currently in the game for PvP.

Yup. I was saying the same thing when it was an option. The game has continued to go down hill because the developers still haven't bothered to listen. Now they just sell stuff for real life money via brokers or through the game itself which is kind of sad. Hell, they even sell stuff for real life money on Stratics.

well...I wont dispute anymore of your posts. all I ask is just dont be so quick to be judgemental of others and what the do or dont do. if you are frustrated take a break reather than posting about it, as angry or frustrated posting will hardly ever get what you are thinking acrossed to the reader. I really do not like seeing this game go downhill either btw...