• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Who is getting sick of the multi boxers?

BadBart

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I will say one thing......Its very sad when an event ends and I see someone selling the item and they have 7 of them and there was 15 dropped......This pisses me off.......and depending on the item they go for 35-100 bucks.....so lets say its a 50.00 item this guy/girl just made a cool 350.00 bucks......

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing I said before but I am not sure if it would be possible would be to have several events happen at the same day and time, Est events, Central, Pac ect.. I know this would be difficult for EM's to coordinate but it would spread the multiboxers out lol.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But it seems like the best option is what @Smoot had mentioned and just do away with duel client. Not sure if making items shard bound alone would kill the multiboxers though as they are already in place on most shards. Its really tough to say what that effect would do, but I personally am not against it.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The devs just need to stop the damn Multi-Boxers. And don't give me that line about they can't tell who is doing it. If we as players can tell, they sure as heck can as well. It's called they don't care as long as they get a pay check each week.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
*drags out the petrified 19 year old horse jerky that has been beaten on by countless uo players over the decades as a form for venting frustration and anger over cheating hacking and manipulating the game for the collection of in game and real life wealth*

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I dunno Goodman I get my fair share of drops and I don't even run assist.
They should be shard bound. Look at the rares forums and see when an event is over the same old people who multibox of course start posting, "Rares for Sale" This could hurt some RL mortgage's for some people not having that gold revenue coming in.
Shard bound gives the actual players who live on said shard a chance to have a neat item.
Maybe if they own a house on that shard they attend the event they get item 100% of the time and then a set number of items can drop to others. I do not know why the EM drop system hasn't changed bc it's evident the same people get items over and over. Change is needed but at this point rares have been so pumped into the economy there aren't really considered "rares" anymore

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You do realize EM's are players too and may want to attend events on their shard...
One thing I said before but I am not sure if it would be possible would be to have several events happen at the same day and time, Est events, Central, Pac ect.. I know this would be difficult for EM's to coordinate but it would spread the multiboxers out lol.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I would kind of like to see them randomize the drop method; sometimes it's top damager, sometimes randomly among all with looting rights; sometimes it's looted off the lesser mobs, sometimes the boss; sometimes it's a stealable, sometimes a clicky. I realize this is probably a nightmare to put into place, but the unpredictability would reduce the incentive for all the synchronized gargoyle throwing teams we currently have.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its pretty sad when some of these 2nd rate app games for phones come out with policy's and enforce 3rd party programs with bans and they choose to ignore it in this game.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its pretty sad when some of these 2nd rate app games for phones come out with policy's and enforce 3rd party programs with bans and they choose to ignore it in this game.
Those games aren't also 19 years old.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Which makes it a little more concerning, they have had 19 years to adapt and get the **** together.
Well, they DID try once with Punkbuster. Everyone on Stratics lost their minds.

Its also hard to judge considering different people in control during so many points in UO's history.

Can't really blame Broadsword or the current Dev team. Who knows what they can even legitimately detect or not detect. Also hard to make sweeping changes when its a 19 year old game.

Olcher

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look at the rares forums and see when an event is over the same old people who multibox of course start posting, "Rares for Sale"
The main group of multiboxers are pretty quiet on these forums, likely due to some youtube videos that may or may not exist.