• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Who is getting sick of the multi boxers?

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this has been brought up in the past but I feel its getting out of hand now, and it amazes me that nothing is being done about it. Multiboxing is a third party program that allows you to control multi characters by one key board. So basically this gives these people a huge advantage to the current Em drop system. As of late they control this rares community, just look in this forum and you can see who is using it. I know I am gonna get the same ole bs responses from certain people saying dont confuse skill with cheating blah blah blah. Ill just say it now so I dont hear this again as well, I do not just use fencers, I have made the top damaging type of charector and invested in multi million gold suits and sure I do occasionally get a drop, but not every drop, nor should I. NO ONE SHOULD BE THAT LUCKY!!!!!!. This is wrecking events on several levels, all one has to do is go to any event and see how rampant it is. I see people controlling as much as four characters, It is so obvious and the sad part is they dont event try and hide it anymore. All this comes down to is greed in the end. You may see 80 characters at events but I guarantee you there is probably only 50 people behind computers. I dont think this is what Mesanna and the devs had in mind when they created this drop system. It would be great if we could get a response to this from Mesanna as well. Oh and by the way, just youtube this subject and you will see many examples of people using this.

Last edited:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna's response: Whatever it takes to win.

Ridiculous response and she is to blame currently imo.
I would hope this is not the case, this is not healthy for any game, and I hope they realize that it is wrecking this part of the game. I know several people who have quit because nothing has been done to correct the cheating.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They don't care about third party programs...I was on an Asian shard watching someone script mine. So I paged and the GM told me that becasue it is a non populated shard, that they were not worried about the scripts.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they won't stop it. If they did then those multiboxers would likely close those extra accounts. The game is a business, the more open accounts then the better for them. they used to be harsh on cheaters in the past but not anymore.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just don't think they (the devs) have the ability to detect people running programs like [name removed by moderator] so its very hard for them to ban them. Same goes for other naughty programs people run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So which MMO's is multiboxing actually illegal in? I know its legal in WoW

(I am personally against it)

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they won't stop it. If they did then those multiboxers would likely close those extra accounts. The game is a business, the more open accounts then the better for them. they used to be harsh on cheaters in the past but not anymore.
Unreal. I think they would get more people back if they cracked down on this. It would even out in the end. And it would be a better community.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would hope this is not the case, this is not healthy for any game, and I hope they realize that it is wrecking this part of the game. I know several people who have quit because nothing has been done to correct the cheating.
It's exactly the case. She said that response almost word for word when someone brought up multi-boxing at one of the past meet and greets.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just don't think they (the devs) have the ability to detect people running programs like input director so its very hard for them to ban them. Same goes for other naughty programs people run.
All they would need to do is attend some events here and there, it is so obvious to spot.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unreal. I think they would get more people back if they cracked down on this. It would even out in the end. And it would be a better community.
they wouldn't recover more customers than they would lose. I have heard of people running 12 or 13 guys at a time at events, impossible to do without multiboxing. I don't know how many people have quit because of the current system, but it is less than those accounts that would close for stopping it.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's exactly the case. She said that response almost word for word when someone brought up multi-boxing at one of the past meet and greets.
Well then shame on Mesanna, just look at this forum and those same people who get every event item are also selling gold on icq. This has become a nice little side job for some people. It is destroying the rares end of the game. And I personally refuse to buy items off some people on principle and I hope other people follow suit.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they wouldn't recover more customers than they would lose. I have heard of people running 12 or 13 guys at a time at events, impossible to do without multiboxing. I don't know how many people have quit because of the current system, but it is less than those accounts that would close for stopping it.
I do not believe that, you have a good ten or so people at events boxing roughly four accounts each, thats 40 accounts. If 40 accounts breaks UO then this game is doomed.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All they would need to do is attend some events here and there, it is so obvious to spot.
Oh yeah its very obvious, I totally agree. What will happen though? They will just pull those characters aside and ask them "are you there?" to check they aren't AFK. Just like what happens when you get pulled by a GM for AFK macros.

As long as you are at the computer and can answer I don't think they will do much. If they had the ability to detect the actual programs being used then they could actually do something.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well then shame on Mesanna, just look at this forum and those same people who get every event item are also selling gold on icq.
You mean exactly like it has always been in every iteration of the EM program? The names change, but theres always a group getting all the drops (Because they are usually the ones who put the most effort into doing events)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they had the ability to detect the actual programs being used then they could actually do something.
But would they? Again I ask anyone to name some MMO's where Multiboxing is actually illegal. (I really dont know the stats on this, but noone ever seems able to answer)

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mean exactly like it has always been in every iteration of the EM program? The names change, but theres always a group getting all the drops (Because they are usually the ones who put the most effort into doing events)
Effort should not be confused with cheating. I attend most American shard events and put allot of effort in, I do not expect nor do I get every drop.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Running multiple accounts is not illegal, controlling multiple accounts with one key board is. Running a third party to control multiple accounts at once from one key board is. Giving gold to account to the other is not. Having two clients up at once and controlling them separately is not. Its pretty cut and dry.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you see those four characters running together casting the same spell exactly the same time together there multiboxing using a third party program, easy to detect with a little bit of effort.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
controlling multiple accounts with one key board is.
Except it isn't. The Devs have stated as such. As long as you are "attended" and are able to answer if a GM messages you, its fine. They have said as much in previous M&Gs.

Trust me, Olcher for the longest time was the most vocal voice in the community about multiboxing and he was always pretty much given the same answer when he would email/post/bring it up at the Dev M&G's.

Money Bags Mcgee

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
It may not be cheating but at its principle it has the morality value of a Kardashian. When I first came back to UO about a year ago, these em items were crazy expensive still. It seems now that only a handful of the same people get every single drop, and they just so happen to sell gold on icq as well, the items sell for scrap gold in comparison. In my eyes, it's largely due to the fact that they essentially control the em item market. I'd love to see a comparison of the "market worth" of em item decline over the last year in comparison to any other type of rare. Just my two cents.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What? EM items have ALWAYS gone to the same handful of people in EVERY iteration.

EM Item prices are down for multiple reasons (IRL gold prices are vastly lower and this has a real big impact in ingame prices, whether you think it should or not.) Not to mention the increase in drop numbers for items

Hardly because of "Multiboxers".

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except it isn't. The Devs have stated as such. As long as you are "attended" and are able to answer if a GM messages you, its fine. They have said as much in previous M&Gs.

Trust me, Olcher for the longest time was the most vocal voice in the community about multiboxing and he was always pretty much given the same answer when he would email/post/bring it up at the Dev M&G's.
That is not the way I understand it from researching the subject, if you are using a program that controls multiple account from one key board that third party program is illegal. This is how the other threads have all unwound because of this back and forth what is and what is not illegal. Either come out and say that a third party program controlling multiple accounts is legal or not!!!. MESANNA?

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That is not the way I understand it from researching the subject, if you are using a program that controls multiple account from one key board that third party program is illegal. This is how the other threads have all unwound because of this back and forth what is and what is not illegal. Either come out and say that a third party program controlling multiple accounts is legal or not!!!. MESANNA?
Dude, they addressed it a few times at the M&G's.

Heres one of them atleast
Anyone save a transcript of the Baja dev m&g?

I really dont feel I need to be the one who has to put in the effort to do a little research.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its also a bit funny no one ever really backed up Olcher when he was trying to rally against it in the first place.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What? EM items have ALWAYS gone to the same handful of people in EVERY iteration.

EM Item prices are down for multiple reasons (IRL gold prices are vastly lower and this has a real big impact in ingame prices, whether you think it should or not.) Not to mention the increase in drop numbers for items

Hardly because of "Multiboxers".
Where did this come from? I nor anyone else have brought up why gold prices are down? Please try and stay on subject I do not want this derailed like I have a feeling your trying to do. For someone who says there against multi boxing all your reply's have been for it?

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude, they addressed it a few times at the M&G's.

Heres one of them atleast
Anyone save a transcript of the Baja dev m&g?

I really dont feel I need to be the one who has to put in the effort to do a little research.
That link does not tell you anything there is no transcript there, I want Mesanna to come here and say it is legal or not to use a third party program to run multiple accounts from one keyboard. And if you do not feel like putting in the effort then please do not.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@lineman

everyone said this was what it was going to be like when you went on your crusade to get the system changed. the non-rares collectors, who only do events to sell every item and dont collect themselves love it.

I also have a very good feeling that this thread is because me, olcher, promanthia, and laina posted our pigs for sale. And none of us multibox. it doesnt take rocket science to ask around, and even just look at events to know whos using the multibox programs.

i hate it as much as the next guy, and preferred the old system. but i also know that complaining about it is worthless at this point because nothing will be done.

Lineman, when it comes down to it, you are the direct reason that a good number of players are multiboxing 3 to 5 accounts using third party programs. It did not exist under the old system. most people played 1 character then.

this was a hot topic 2 years ago, but sadly its irrevellent now. this is what events have become because of the system change.

and its not all bad. tho certain well known guilds and players multibox, theres alot of other new players who refused to try and do what it took for the old system (an imbued thrower suit costing about 35m total with 120 scrolls and the needed arties, and playing the character well)

Lots of players get event items now. It just so happens that those who have the most for sale, are doing ALL the events, and already have massive rare collections. So of course those same people (including myself) will be the ones you see selling most the time.
I only keep about 1 out of 10 event items for myself and my 2 houses are already full. Sorry but im not going to hoard a castle full of rares just for the sake of keeping every item i get.

Last edited:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@lineman

everyone said this was what it was going to be like when you went on your crusade to get the system changed. the non-rares collectors, who only do events to sell every item and dont collect themselves love it.

I also have a very good feeling that this thread is because me, olcher, promanthia, and laina posted our pigs for sale. And none of us multibox. it doesnt take rocket science to ask around, and even just look at events to know whos using the multibox programs.

i hate it as much as the next guy, and preferred the old system. but i also know that complaining about it is worthless at this point because nothing will be done.

Lineman, when it comes down to it, you are the direct reason that a good number of players are multiboxing 3 to 5 accounts using third party programs. It did not exist under the old system. most people played 1 character then.
First of all why would one item make me post this thread? really? lol, and you flatter me by saying I am the one responsible for having a game as big as UO changed because of just my opinions. My opinion was the opinion of many people if I remember correctly and had something to do with class balance. No this is about multiboxing Smoot not pigs.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Where did this come from? I nor anyone else have brought up why gold prices are down? Please try and stay on subject I do not want this derailed like I have a feeling your trying to do. For someone who says there against multi boxing all your reply's have been for it?

It was a reply to Money Bags Mcgee.

Lineman

You refuse to accept the Devs saying THEMSELVES that they will not action multiboxing. I mean, whats the point of making a thread of you will just willfully ignore anything that disproves your opinion?

Youve always been cool with me Lineman but im going to be 100% honest right now:

I think you are being a hypocrite. I think you only really care because you, yourself, are not getting as many drops as you used to. I personally think you did the same thing during the Top Damager System. I think you were one of those top dogs during the loot of corpse days, yet you never were able to adapt to the changing system. I think like most things in the rares community, you are fueled by greed (Hey, I am too) I also think that if you actually got consistent drops, you wouldn't care nearly as much about this issue.

** For the record, I don't view any of that as a bad thing. It happens, I am not immune to it either

Anyways, I think ive said what I wanted to. More power to ya Lineman. If you can get the Devs to crack down on Multiboxing, I think it will be a good thing (No matter if I disagree with your true intentions or meaning behind it). Although I really doubt anything will change, just like it has to be put up with in WoW or most other MMOs.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all why would one item make me post this thread? really? lol, and you flatter me by saying I am the one responsible for having a game as big as UO changed because of just my opinions. My opinion was the opinion of many people if I remember correctly. No this is about multiboxing Smoot not pigs.
if you think your not the reason the system was changed, your fooling yourself. you started the conversation over 2 years ago. many players joined in. for good or bad mesanna changed the system to the one we have that favors and encourages multiboxing.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a reply to Money Bags Mcgee.

Lineman

You refuse to accept the Devs saying THEMSELVES that they will not action multiboxing. I mean, whats the point of making a thread of you will just willfully ignore anything that disproves your opinion?

Youve always been cool with me Lineman but im going to be 100% honest right now:

I think you are being a hypocrite. I think you only really care because you, yourself, are not getting as many drops as you used to. I personally think you did the same thing during the Top Damager System. I think you were one of those top dogs during the loot of corpse days, yet you never were able to adapt to the changing system. I think like most things in the rares community, you are fueled by greed (Hey, I am too) I also think that if you actually got consistent drops, you wouldn't care nearly as much about this issue.

** For the record, I don't view any of that as a bad thing. It happens, I am not immune to it either
Here comes the derailing, First of all I will list the items I have gotten this year to clearify. These were all drops that were obtained at events, not allot but I am very happy with.
1. Jan 28 - Personal JournalOf Adamu Edom Wellings An Ouroboros Is Embossed On It's Cover (25)
2. Feb 26 - The Shattered Crown Of The Queen Of The Seven Seas Of Rhye Azure Wisp Chamber (25)
3. Jan 30 - Honey I Save The Dragon From The Unknown (10)
4. Mar 22 - Ranger Garb (15)
5. an 31 - An Ugly Totem From A Vengeful Living [But Now Dead] Spirit (10)
6. an 26 - Snake In The Grass (20)
7. Feb 23 - Azure Wisp Chamber (20)
8. Jan 30 - A Set Of Swords Once Belonging To The Traversis Leader Areum Taris (15)
9. Mar 27 - Withered And Gnarled Sapling That Seems To Teem With Some Sort Of Dark Energy (15)
10. Feb 23 - A Powerful Beacon Used By The VonDont Family To Generate Evil (10)
11. Mar 25 - A Fountain Of Blood From Lake Superior Players (50)
12. Jan 26 - Evil Ice Queen Wings (10)
13. Mar 17 - A Personal Jar Enclosed With The Tempestuous Aura Of The Legendary Stratus - Titan Of Air (20)
14. Feb 24 - Part Of An Oar From A Pirate Ship During The Fight To Avenge Bloodstone (15)
15. Jan 30 - Stasis Black Weep Plant Specimen (10)

Ok so I actually do allot better now than I did when they dropped on corpses. So I guess Promathia and Smoot are happy with multiboxing? I am not, I still not have seen an actual transcript of a dev or Mesanna say its legal. It has nothing to do with if I want to believe it or not. I want one of them to post here on a actual thread, not something he said or she said they heard in a meet and greet.

Last edited:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Discussion] - POLL-Does the current Em drop system need revamping?

i liked the old system where value was placed on playing 1 character well rather than best chances from multiple characters.

I have been very vocal against multiboxing, and am pretty much enemies with the guild most well known for it.

I agree that the new system had the intended effect, made events more casual, with everyone having a chance at the drop, but multiboxing is an unpleasant side effect of that system.

@lineman you cant have your cake and eat it too.

In regards to this thread, which i think is 2 years too late, if you do actually get something changed more power too you. I hope you do. i hate multiboxing (mainly because i dont want to compete with it and enjoy events more playing only 1 character)

Last edited:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[Discussion] - POLL-Does the current Em drop system need revamping?

i liked the old system where value was placed on playing 1 character well rather than best chances from multiple characters.

I have been very vocal against multiboxing, and am pretty much enemies with the guild most well known for it.

I agree that the new system had the intended effect, made events more casual, with everyone having a chance at the drop, but multiboxing is an unpleasant side effect of that system.

@lineman you cant have your cake and eat it too.

In regards to this thread, which i think is 2 years too late, if you do actually get something changed more power too you. I hope you do. i hate multiboxing (mainly because i dont want to compete with it)
I do not see how the people who say they are against multiboxing are the ones who seem to be defending it in an indirect way.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not see how the people who say they are against multiboxing are the ones who seem to be defending it in an indirect way.
because people like me and olcher have emailed messana and brought up discussions similar to this one many, many times already (2 years ago) and it was a waste of time and were ridiculed for the most part for doing it. and all those threads (i think) were locked / banned from stratics under the petra/kelmo regime for the most part.

my idea for a compromise to the old system that would have been part random, part based on damage (to give at least some advantage to playing 1 well geared character) was ridiculed as not needed.

just about everyone (mostly those multibox videos you see on youtube, as well as casual players) like your new system and its really just wasting our breath for me, olcher, and others to complain about it anymore. I for one preferred the system you got removed, but also realize the game does not cater to my playstyle. it was a decison mesanna made in the end based on the change you wanted.

Last edited:

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is copied from the transcripts of the Lake Austin Meet and Greet several months ago and has been repeated in different ways but with all the same result several times.

Lake Austin Meet and Greet, Weds. January the 21st - Old Stratics

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: ok next question: I have been noticing lots of multiboxers at events and blatant cheaters.

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: are these being policed at all or is something being done?

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: I have answered this question every time

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: oh

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: Its a matter of catching them macroing at this point

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: if the GM’s catch them unattended they will action them

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: ok so thats interesting. you say “unattended”

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: the players may still be atteneded despite mirroring keyboard and mouse inputs across characters

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: this is illegal is it not? controling multiple characters with single keyboard and mouse inputs

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: Since Supreeme put in the multi client option he opened the door to this

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: the only way we can action anyone is to get them macroing

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: at this time

: [Crystal] Bleak says: attended play of multiple accounts is not illegal

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: what about using programs to mirror actions across clients

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: with “atteneded” keystrokes

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: I will only say the only thing we can do is action against unattended macroing

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: ok so its legal. roger

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because people like me and olcher have emailed messana and brought up discussions similar to this one many, many times already (2 years ago) and it was a waste of time and were ridiculed for the most part for doing it.

my idea for a compromise to the old system that would have been part random, part based on damage (to give at least some advantage to playing 1 well geared character) was ridiculed as not needed.

just about everyone (mostly those multibox videos you see on youtube, as well as casual players) like your new system and its really just wasting our breath for me, olcher, and others to complain about it anymore. I for one preferred the system you got removed, but also realize the game does not cater to my playstyle. it was a decison mesanna made in the end based on the change you wanted.
Please dont refer to it as my system, is it better than it was before? imo yes. But what we need here is a official answer to if this is legal or not for public record. And if it is legal that does not mean we cant voice are opinion that we do not like it. So far everyone here has stated that they are not happy with it, though some I doubt. The only way to get things done is by support.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please dont refer to it as my system, is it better than it was before? imo yes. But what we need here is a official answer to if this is legal or not for public record. And if it is legal that does not mean we cant voice are opinion that we do not like it. So far everyone here has stated that they are not happy with it, though some I doubt. The only way to get things done is by support.
sry the change that brought on multiboxing will always be associated in my head with you lineman. I hold no personal grudge, i know you had good intentions. but facts are facts. the serious eventers all knew this was coming and i agree its really a shame that nothing will be done about it.

Last edited:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is copied from the transcripts of the Lake Austin Meet and Greet several months ago and has been repeated in different ways but with all the same result several times.

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: ok next question: I have been noticing lots of multiboxers at events and blatant cheaters.

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: are these being policed at all or is something being done?

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: I have answered this question every time

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: oh

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: Its a matter of catching them macroing at this point

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: if the GM’s catch them unattended they will action them

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: ok so thats interesting. you say “unattended”

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: the players may still be atteneded despite mirroring keyboard and mouse inputs across characters

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: this is illegal is it not? controling multiple characters with single keyboard and mouse inputs

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: Since Supreeme put in the multi client option he opened the door to this

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: the only way we can action anyone is to get them macroing

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: at this time

: [Crystal] Bleak says: attended play of multiple accounts is not illegal

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: what about using programs to mirror actions across clients

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: with “atteneded” keystrokes

: [Crystal] Lady Mesanna says: I will only say the only thing we can do is action against unattended macroing

: [Crystal] Rasesar Wej says: ok so its legal. roger
Thanks you for posting this, so there response is to ignore it?. Well that's a shame. I guess I owe @Promathia and @Smoot a apology. In all honesty I do not see how they can allow this and not think it would be detrimental to the game. I ask that Mesanna go to some current events and see what a **** show it is now. Really disappointing that it comes down to ignoring it. What ever happened to approved third party programs? are they ignoring that whole aspect of it. So is [name removed by moderator] legal now and all those programs as well? I guess so. they dont seem to draw a line anymore. Please if you do not agree post here in this thread though and let em know your not happy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a very serious note, mesanna has said that the only way to combat multiboxing would be to make multi-clienting not possible. Now personally i think this would make for a better game. more team effort, not have single players with 9 characters "soloing" the roof for the best chance at drops. However im pretty much sure im in a minority on this one. Its just another one of those "be careful what you ask for" situations.

@lineman i encourage you to email mesanna your concerns about multiboxing. she needs to hear it and know the situation. however i have spent way too much time myself to no avail on that topic so i myself am done with trying to change things. if someone else can, great, id love to see multibox-free events.

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a very serious note, mesanna has said that the only way to combat multiboxing would be to make multi-clienting not possible. Now personally i think this would make for a better game. more team effort, not have single players with 9 characters "soloing" the roof for the best chance at drops. However im pretty much sure im in a minority on this one. Its just another one of those "be careful what you ask for" situations.

@lineman i encourage you to email mesanna your concerns about multiboxing. she needs to hear it and know the situation. however i have spent way too much time myself to no avail on that topic so i myself am done with trying to change things. if someone else can, great, id love to see multibox-free events.
I agree, it would take getting used to but we got by before multi client.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This discussion has been pretty good so far, but please make sure you don't name illegal 3rd party programs or the programs used to multibox in your posts since that is against the Stratics rules. The names of illegal programs had to be removed from a couple posts.

Thanks for keeping this discussion civil everyone :)

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is simple.

A) If you sub to multiple accounts, join the multiboxers! Its very EASY to setup.

B) If you disagree with it, stop attending events for the soul purpose of acquiring an item.

C) Drive to broadswords office and setup protest outside the office.

D) Quit.

Lt.Snuggles

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is simple.

A) If you sub to multiple accounts, join the multiboxers! Its very EASY to setup.

B) If you disagree with it, stop attending events for the soul purpose of acquiring an item.

C) Drive to broadswords office and setup protest outside the office.

D) Quit.
not gonna lie.. @Prawn is pretty awesome.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
but how many of those accounts actually pay the subscription from the origin store ;) lets not kid ourselves with where the $$ from those extra accounts actually goes.